A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken]

Go down 
+3
callume26
Another AKA
moarhair
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Thirsty

Thirsty

[OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken] Empty
PostSubject: [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken]   [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken] EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 6:27 am

As we all suffer through a grim winter, I was wondering if we're in the mood to play as some ooky spooky dead guys? I have a copy of the Champions of Death supplement of Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Soulbound, which puts a twist on the core game's premise by letting you play a group of characters from the Grand Alliance of Death (ghouls, ghosts, vamps, skellys and necros), and makes the typically high fantasy setting feel distinctly darker. There is a suggested adventure which I think would be useful to start with, and there are five prewritten characters with completed character sheets which we can use to save time.

THE PREMISE

Even among the dead there are champions. Tragic, damned, or twisted souls that cling to a higher purpose beyond the rank and file suffering of the undead. Most serve Nagash, the Undying King, becoming terrible emissaries of Death, bound by their eternal patron to play their part in his grand machinations to bring about a realms-spanning kingdom of death. Still, there are the rare few who seek to escape the ossified fist of Nagash’s rule, desperate undead who rail against their twisted fates for their own self interests, or even to fight for the living. Your time among the living is over... How will you spend eternity?

You are the chosen of the Great Necromancer Nagash, his champions of death. You are bound together by a powerful arcane ritual performed by Arkhan the Black, oldest and most loyal of Nagash's servants, your souls entwined for eternity. You are no heroes sent to galavant across the realms and protect the living. You are a dark shadow of the Soulbound, created to spread the power of your dark patron and bring suffering to the world of the living.

THE STORY

Few things are more precious to the Great Necromancer than the Books of Nagash. There are nine in total and each ancient tome is said to hold countless secret spells and rituals accumulated by the Undying King throughout the ages. Even Arkhan the Black, Nagash’s most loyal servant, knows little of the contents of these necromantic tomes.

Yet rumours began to trickle into the Black Pyramid from the realms’ edge, like grave-sand tumbling into an open tomb. They whispered of a great Deathrattle Kingdom, risen overnight and borne atop the animated bony carapace of a long-dead insectoid godbeast. Allegedly, this errant kingdom is led by an ancient Wight Queen known only as the ‘Queen of Scythes’. The kingdom roams where it pleases, offering no fealty to the Great Necromancer, and even clashing with his servants.

Yet the most blasphemous rumours assert that the Queen of Scythes carries with her a Book of Nagash, which she uses to animate her followers, and ensure their freedom from the Undying King’s influence.

Arkhan the Black refuses to endure such impossible blasphemies. He swore to the Undying King that he would see the Queen of Scythes brought low and her kingdom ground to bonedust. Yet accomplishing such a task has proved difficult. The kingdom of the Scythe Queen never stops moving, and the realm’s edges are impossibly vast. It would take centuries for Arkhan’s armies of mindless servants to pinpoint the location of the kingdom. Thus, he needed servants that could navigate the wastelands of Shyish, locate the Queen of Scythes’ kingdom, and eliminate her.

Thus, Arkhan the Black brought five to the Black Pyramid and forged a Binding of Death that drew them together using his own two skeletal hands. With but one command, he set them upon their task.

‘Find this so-called Scythe Queen. Take everything from her, and bring her bones to me. Go now, Soulbound, in Nagash’s name. Fail, and I will fashion for you such an end you will beg for oblivion.’

THE CHARACTERS

Varkosia the Deposed is a Soulblight Vampire. Shamed and cast out from her bloodline, stripped of her lands and titles on account of being found guilty of the bloody murder of her sire, she seeks a way to redeem herself and return to Arkhan’s good graces. But where do her allegiances truly lie?
- Varkosia is CLAIMED by AbstractCloud1

Leonatus the Lost is a Knight of Shrouds. Cursed in death for abandoning the defence of his king to protect his family, he served as bodyguard to Varkosia’s noble house for centuries, and now serves the Binding as a huntsman of unparalleled skill riding atop his ethereal steed Solias.

Sabetta Seagrave is a Human Necromancer. Native to the bonedust deserts of Shyish, she spent most of her life travelling the Realm of Death studying the undead and seeking a way to prevent her own demise. She eventually worked her way into Lady Varkosia’s court, following her when she was exiled and joined the Binding.
- Sabetta is CLAIMED by Another AKA

Sir Dunbard Croweather is a Crypt Infernal Courtier. A self-proclaimed valorous knight errant from the 'Order of the Radiant Rose' but actually a towering monster of muscle and bone, with leathery wings that allow him to cover great distances in the blink of an eye. He has sworn an oath to redeem himself and his accursed court.
- Sir Dunbard is CLAIMED by moarhair

Kaarak is a Necropolis Stalker. The construct-guardian of the Necropolis stands twice as tall as most of the group. The war giant is not Soulbound but assigned by Nagash to ensure the Binding group succeeds, or meets their true death in the process. When Arkhan sought an obedient and ever-watchful servant to observe and judge the performance of his new Binding, Kaarak was his first choice. Should the Binding prove unworthy, Kaarak is instructed to execute them on the spot.
- Kaarak is CLAIMED by callume26

Last edited by Thirsty on Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:11 am; edited 24 times in total
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

[OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken] Empty
PostSubject: Re: [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken]   [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken] EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 7:03 am

I'd be interested in trying this game from the player side. I have a preference for Sir Dunbard Croweather as far as characters go.

Thirsty likes this post

Back to top Go down
Thirsty

Thirsty

PostSubject: Re: [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken]   [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken] EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 7:13 am

Great, welcome aboard! It's first come, first served with characters so Sir Dunbard is yours. I'll be in touch to send over his character sheet and I'll set up a Discord for side discussions.
Back to top Go down
Another AKA

Another AKA

PostSubject: Re: [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken]   [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken] EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 9:51 am

Soulbound + Death! Where do I sign up‽
Oh, right - here
I look forward to bringing this awkward energy to Sabetta Seagrave

Thirsty likes this post

Back to top Go down
Thirsty

Thirsty

PostSubject: Re: [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken]   [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken] EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 10:34 am

Excellent! You are in, as our resident necromancer Sabetta!

Another AKA likes this post

Back to top Go down
callume26

PostSubject: Re: [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken]   [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken] EmptySun Feb 20, 2022 8:52 am

If it's okay with the rest of you, I'll take a stab at Warhammer's General Grievous Kaarak. This sounds like a lot of fun!

Thirsty and Another AKA like this post

Back to top Go down
Thirsty

Thirsty

PostSubject: Re: [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken]   [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken] EmptySun Feb 20, 2022 9:59 am

Fantastic, you’re in Cal. Kaarak is yours.

That takes us within the margins of starting, but I’ll hold out for another week in case anyone wants to take the vampire lady and the ghostly horseman.

callume26 likes this post

Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken]   [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken] EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 4:54 pm

I may be interested in playing the Vampire gal, pending some more info about the ruleset and character sheet !

Thirsty likes this post

Back to top Go down
Thirsty

Thirsty

PostSubject: Re: [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken]   [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken] EmptyTue Feb 22, 2022 3:07 am

I've sent you over some materials on Discord to look through, Abby.
Back to top Go down
Thirsty

Thirsty

PostSubject: Re: [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken]   [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken] EmptyTue Feb 22, 2022 9:08 am

Good news all, AbstractCloud1 has signed up as our disgraced vampire lady, Varkosia the Deposed! Welcome Abby!

Guys, I’m gonna set up a Discord channel for us to start discussing our session 0 together, just to check in on what kind of game everyone wants to play, what everyone’s comfortable with etc. Character sheets will also be on their way over to you like well-trained messenger bats!

If someone decides to pick up Leonatus, they can catch us up. I mean, the guy’s on a horse and can ride through walls. It won’t take him long.

AbstractCloud1, moarhair and Another AKA like this post

Back to top Go down
Thirsty

Thirsty

PostSubject: Re: [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken]   [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken] EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 6:42 pm

Okay Champions of Death, we got to the end of the week. The Discord server for this RP is here: https://discord.gg/HHHpYjmg

We’ll be using the Discord to run through our Session 0 once everyone has checked in. I’ll also send you your character sheets which you will need to building a profile in the PCs thread once one od the admins sets it up for us. If anyone doesn’t use Discord let me know, and we can consider alternatives.

moarhair likes this post

Back to top Go down
Benobo

Benobo

PostSubject: Re: [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken]   [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken] EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 3:48 pm

I might be interested in joining with some more info on the rules and character, assuming the offer still stands.
Back to top Go down
Thirsty

Thirsty

PostSubject: Re: [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken]   [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken] EmptyThu Jul 28, 2022 6:15 am

Welcome Benobo! I'm gonna admit, my progress on launching this swiftly ground to a halt like a zombie crossing a snowstorm to the point where it pretty much died.

BUT... what does this RP teach us if not that what is dead may yet rise again? *organ music, distant cackle, bats flapping*

I just need to get the timing right so that I can commit to GMing it, so may consider resurrecting this in time for spooky season in the fall, if our previous applicants were still interested in carrying on. Let's see how we go.

Benobo, happy to share the character sheet with you as a PDF so you can see what kind of character Leonatus the Lost is, but we do already have it copied across into the OOC RP thread here as an example sheet so feel free to take a look.

Last edited by Thirsty on Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:53 am; edited 2 times in total

moarhair, Another AKA and Benobo like this post

Back to top Go down
Benobo

Benobo

PostSubject: Re: [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken]   [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken] EmptyFri Jul 29, 2022 7:02 pm

A pdf would be greatly appreciated if you don't mind! Hopeful that perhaps we can revive it Smile.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken]   [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken] EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 1:06 pm

Just commenting to say that I love that you're getting this started, Thirsty. Hell yes.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer

Thirsty likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken]   [OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken] Empty

Back to top Go down

[OPEN] Soulbound (Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP): [Champions of Death] [3-5 players] [4 slots taken]
Page 1 of 1