A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[OPEN] Eclipse Phase 2e (4-5 Players)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Solodice

Solodice

[OPEN] Eclipse Phase 2e (4-5 Players) Empty
PostSubject: [OPEN] Eclipse Phase 2e (4-5 Players)   [OPEN] Eclipse Phase 2e (4-5 Players) EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 3:11 pm

[OPEN] Eclipse Phase 2e (4-5 Players) 284022

Premise: Pitch: Set in the far future where humanity has figured out immortality with the invention of stacks. Your mind, or ego, is software. It can be changed, molded, and manipulated for better or worse. It also means all your memories and your personality can be transferred or even backed up. Your body is something you are no longer tethered to. Bodies are now called morphs and treated more like vehicles. They come in all kinds of shapes, sizes, and specializations. Transhumans have the ability to transfer their egos from morph to morph. This might sound great and all but in Eclipse Phase humanity has just gone through an apocalypse known as The Fall. Rogue AIs known as the TITANS waged a war against humanity on Earth and its colonies in the solar system. Earth was totally lost and the end seemed close until the TITANS just disappeared. 99% of humanity was lost. Many that did survive The Fall were now infogues. Egos without bodies and their only connection to the outside world being the Mesh.

In the current time of Eclipse Phase the Earth is an apocalyptic hellscape that is now a quarantined graveyard where TITAN constructs stalk among the ruins. New polities have risen out of the ashes of The Fall and compete with each other trying to forge a new path for transhumanity.

++++

Eclipse Phase has always been my unicorn sci-fi game. It scratches all the itches. It has some of the deepest world building of any rpg I've come across. The thing that always stood in the way was the rules. For me it was never an issue but for others it was. It was crunchy and had a big ol' character sheet that looked more like a spreadsheet with all the numbers and skills. That was 1st edition. 2nd edition has smoothed over the rough edges and simplified somethings. It's still crunchy and is very much not rules-lite. Thought I'd get that out of the way because if you're looking for something more narrative heavy or rules-lite then Eclipse Phase is not that game.

Also backing up to the world building. The way I'm structuring this game means you don't need to know all the lore (something I never expect for any game). The bare bones setting info to get started is all you need. I'm not going to assign anyone any homework (feel free to read up if you want though). Same goes for the rules. That will be an incremental process to get everyone familiar with the rules and the lore of the game.

The campaign itself isn't going to be typical either. We won't be starting after The Fall (10 AF on the settings timeline) like the vast majority of Eclipse Phase campaigns. It will be set a day before The Fall reaches the characters. This sequence of before and during The Fall will be the intro to game mechanics and deeper lore. After that we'd time jump 10 years into the future to the current time and see where your characters have ended up (which factions they back, how The Fall changed them, what they were up to, and how they all come back together) and kick off the next part of the campaign. That's the loose outline without me spoiling anything Razz  

For books I have the 2e corebook and can hand that out if needed. All the 1e sourcebooks are still cannon (some slight retcons but nothing major in 2e) and they're all free to access here by one of the authors/co-owner of Posthuman Studios (Posthuman Studios is big on creative-commons and sharing their work): https://robboyle.wordpress.com/eclipse-phase-pdfs/

So after that wall of text I'm looking for 4 to 5 players for this.

TLDR: Looking for 4 to 5 players to play in a transhuman sci-fi game that is rules heavy.

Last edited by Solodice on Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: [OPEN] Eclipse Phase 2e (4-5 Players)   [OPEN] Eclipse Phase 2e (4-5 Players) EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 4:24 pm

I am VERY interested in this. Eclipse Phase is something where, much like with you, the concept is usper interesting to me but I could never find groups for it. I've never actually played, but I'm going to work my way through the corebook now just cause you reminded me of it Smile
Back to top Go down
Another AKA

Another AKA

PostSubject: Re: [OPEN] Eclipse Phase 2e (4-5 Players)   [OPEN] Eclipse Phase 2e (4-5 Players) EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 3:21 pm

I'm interested, if you're still recruiting
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: [OPEN] Eclipse Phase 2e (4-5 Players)   [OPEN] Eclipse Phase 2e (4-5 Players) EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 3:30 pm

Another AKA wrote:
I'm interested,  if you're still recruiting

Yep, this game is still open for anyone that's interested.

Another AKA likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [OPEN] Eclipse Phase 2e (4-5 Players)   [OPEN] Eclipse Phase 2e (4-5 Players) Empty

Back to top Go down

[OPEN] Eclipse Phase 2e (4-5 Players)
Page 1 of 1