A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Drace Kassemi

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Another AKA

Another AKA

Drace Kassemi Empty
PostSubject: Drace Kassemi   Drace Kassemi EmptyTue Feb 22, 2022 7:54 pm

Drace Kassemi Drace_10

Class: Adventurer (Healer/Warrior)
Level: 3
XP: 6
Background: Physician

Stats
STR: 10 (0)
DEX: 13 14 (+1)
CON: 11 (0)
INT: 14 18 (+2)
WIS: 10 (0)
CHA: 13 14 (+1)

Attack Bonus: +2
Hit Points: 15/15
System Strain: 11/11
AC: 17

Skills
Connect-0
Exert-0
Heal-1
Sneak-1
Stab-0
Trade-0

Foci
Assassin-1
- Gain Sneak as a bonus skill.
- You can conceal an object no larger than a knife from anything less invasive than a strip search. You can draw or produce this object as an On Turn action, and your point-blank thrown or melee attacks made during a surprise round with it cannot miss the target
Poisoner-1
- Gain Heal as a bonus skill.
- Gain a reroll on any failed saving throw versus poison. Your toxins inflict 2d6 damage plus your level on a hit or Shock, with a  Physical save for half. Your incapacitating or hallucinogenic toxins do the same, but those reduced to  zero hit points are simply incapacitated for an hour.
- It takes an hour to brew a poison, and you can keep as many doses fresh as you have levels.
    - Blade venoms take a Main Action to apply and last for ten minutes or until a hit or Shock is inflicted, whichever comes first.
   - Detecting poisoned food is a Wis/Notice skill check against 10, or 12 if the diner’s not a noble or otherwise normally wary of poison.
    - One dose can poison up to a half-dozen diners.
Impervious Defense-1
- You have an innate Armor Class of 15 plus half your character level, rounded up (doesn’t stack with armor, though Dexterity or shield modifiers apply)

Class
Partial Warrior
Partial Mage (Healer):
Healing Arts: 1/3 effort committed
Healing Touch: Commit Effort for the scene as an Instant action; for the rest of the scene, you may heal 2d6 damage plus your Heal skill to a touched ally as a Main Action. This healing adds 1 System Strain to the target each time it is applied.
Final Repose: Target a visible living creature and Commit Effort for the day as an Instant action. For the rest of the scene, they take a Physical saving throw penalty equal to your Heal skill. If they are reduced to zero hit points before the end of the scene, they die with no chance for stabilization or revival
Tireless Vigor: Commit Effort; while it remains Committed your need to eat, drink, breathe, or sleep does not grow further. You may exert yourself tirelessly and regenerate 1 lost hit point per hour.

Saves
Physical: 13
Mental: 13
Evasion: 12
Luck: 13

Equipment
Ready 3/5
Backpack - 1 (0 when worn)
Dagger, 1 (1d4 dmg, Shock 1/AC 15) 2
Throwing blades (1d4 dmg) 1

Stowed 10/10
Lantern, tinder box, and 2 pint flasks of oil - 3 total
Writing kit & 20 sheets of paper - 1
Rations, 1 week - 4
Waterskin - 1
Healer’s pouch - 1

Coin: 80 sp

Languages: Trade Cant, Brass Speech, Emedian

Goals
Survive: Drace is on his Journeyman’s Voyage.  He is out in the world to hone his skills and to be tempered by the world
Excel: Drace wants to return home only once he has proven himself worthy of both sides of his tutelage

About Drace
Drace walks with confidence and has an easy smile. He dresses plainly and tries to be intentional about whether/when he draws attention to himself. While smart, knows the limits of what a single person can do, no matter how intelligent. As such. he tends to eschew fights and confrontations where possible. He is long-suffering, patient and hard working.  He was raised to be an assassin. Two key lessons of his upbringing: know the fragility of life and be able to abide by your choices.  The former was fairly straightforward, but the latter had not taken on its full meaning in the callowness of his youth. Surely being an assassin meant that a life’s value was measured in coin? The uncompromising tutelage of an elder Baroness disabused him of that simplistic worldview and he navigates the world with a firm belief that every life is inherently valuable, beginning with his own. His approach to both healing and killing, painstakingly beaten in guided by his tutor, is diligent and caring as he has limited interest in the suffering of others. "Do the job once, well."  Overall, his childhood was happy, but uncompromisingly utilitarian.  He treats all but the very youngest children as being capable of contributing somehow; there are no free rides. “Idle hands need no nourishment, idle minds require no rest”.  In healing and in killing, he asks to be paid an amount that is significant to the person, whether that be eggs, gold, or a favorite toy.  If the person cheats him, he takes note and assesses the risk of seeking retribution against that of word circulating that he abides being scammed.

Drace's thoughts on
  • Reciprocity: As long as everyone is pulling their weight, Drace considers the healing for his traveling companions to be paid for in the form of being able to share tasks and having back up. If someone was routinely and unnecessarily reckless, there would eventually be a cost to healing, but he would not withhold healing over a difference of opinion. That said, “Slackers can get fucked”

• Murder: there is a difference between murder and assassination, much like there is a difference between slaughtering animals for some form of self-gratification and  hunting/raising animals for food. "The world is senseless enough as it is. Whenever possible, lives should be ended with clarity of purpose."

• Trust: “Trust is a question of risk assessment. Some people say trust no one and that is daft. It is impossible to live in the absence of trust.  Do I prefer to sit with my back to a wall? Yes. Will I get into a fight or sulk over not being able to do so? No, as I am not daft.”

• Killing: Acts of self-preservation notwithstanding, Drace tries to ensure that the deaths that he wroughts improve the world in the grand scheme of things. “I understand that you are heartbroken, but I will not kill a butcher simply because she had the temerity to leave you for a traveling artisan. At some point you will think back on today and be grateful that one of us had sense enough to save you from expense and remorse you could ill afford.”

• Healing: Where he has the capacity to heal without unduly endangering himself, he does so, prioritizing efficiency. “No, I will not heal your child first. Do not be daft. This babe cannot even care for itself, let alone you. Stay still and let me work; the sooner I heal you, the sooner we can both attend to the child.”

Background vignette
“I never wanted to be a healer.  To be honest, I never wanted to be anything. What did that even mean? To be something?  I was content to spend my days lying in fields, smelling flowers and avoiding getting stuck with my brothers’ chores (Enjoy scouring the pot that YOU burned to kingdom come Ephraim! but the Barony is and has ever been intransigent: "idle hands need no nourishment, idle minds require no rest", and since I enjoy both eating and sleeping, fields and flowers were ever secondary to lessons and training. It was not all bad.  In fact, it was a good life all in all.  We ate, learned and trained together under the careful and caring guidance of the Barony and their attendants.  We were encouraged to follow our passions and to challenge ourselves, and it was as a part of this little community that I developed my love of anatomy and my gift for pharmacological compounding.  It is also where I discovered that I had a knack for the healing arts.  It is a bit embarrassing to admit it, but at the time I was inconsolable. He chuckles to himself, recalling just how melodramatic he had been.

"Fortunately, the Barony is wise, and a kindly, wizened Baroness took me under her wing, helped me to understand just how special it was that I could heal and opened my eyes to the possibilities that lay before me.  Now here I am, on my journeyman's voyage.  My task is to go out into the world, toughen up a bit, and apply all that I've been taught. Whether I return home or not is up to me and to fate.  But should I choose to return, it can only be after proving myself worthy of my education. You see,”

Drace pauses, his attention drawn to the wan, sweaty man feebly tugging at his sleeve. The man looks from Drace to a side table, a light tinge of color reaching his cheeks.  Smiling softly, Drace retrieves the urine bottle and helps the man to relieve. “Don’t be embarrassed. I promise you, everybody has to piss eventually.” He carefully cleans and dries his hands, and then adjusts the bed’s ludicrous array of linens and pillows.  “There, that’s better.” He takes pride in his ability to attend to the comfort and dignity of the ailing; a bit of softness and order in a hard and chaotic world. Once the man is comfortable, Drace begins the work of infusing the pallid fellow with restorative energy. The man's complexion improves and he is finally able to smile faintly.  “Rest now. Your body knows what to do.”

As he closes the door on his grateful patient, Drace hears hurried footsteps approach and turns to share the happy news with the next of kin.  The Healer and the man's husband stand in stunned silence, the color slowly draining from the latter's face.  That’s what you get for buying second rate poisons from a third rate conman.  The last time that Drace had been in that settlement he had warned the Merchant that it did not pay to cheap out on poison (or on poisoners for that matter) but the petty skinflint had balked at the cost. What an odd twist of fate that the Merchant finally getting up the courage to take out his husband had coincided with Drace's return.

Last edited by Another AKA on Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:38 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
Another AKA

Another AKA

Drace Kassemi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drace Kassemi   Drace Kassemi EmptyThu Feb 24, 2022 4:04 pm

Level 2
hit points: 2d6+4 13
Attack bonus: 2
Saving throws: -1 to all

Skills points: First attribute boost (Dex) (1), Exert-0 (1), Trade-0 (1)

Healing Art: Tireless Vigor

Foci: Impervious Defense
Back to top Go down
Another AKA

Another AKA

Drace Kassemi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drace Kassemi   Drace Kassemi EmptyFri Jun 10, 2022 12:30 pm

Level 3
hit points: 3d6+6 15
Attack bonus: 2
Saving throws: -1 to all

Skills points: Second attribute boost (Cha) (2),

Healing Art: n/a

Foci: n/a
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Drace Kassemi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drace Kassemi   Drace Kassemi Empty

Back to top Go down

Drace Kassemi
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Community for Gamers, by Gamers :: Play-by-Post Gaming :: Latter Earth - Worlds Without Number (Game Thread) :: Latter Earth - Worlds Without Number (PCs)-
Jump to: