A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General OOC

Go down 
+4
Benobo
DonQwaf
Carnelian
Faanku
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Another AKA

Another AKA

General OOC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2021 4:48 am

The side effects of some of those drinks are real deterrents! Great Post though. Can't wait to see what it inspires
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2021 9:03 am

I assumed that was why many of them didn't come with a GP cost, or a lower cost at least than what is in the standard 5e brewing rules; if you fail certain checks there is a real possibility of thrashing yourself. Personally, I am of the mindset that would rather potentially take those risks than shell out 10 GP as rote, standard practice for no RP side effects.

**Standardized Testing HAS Entered the Chat**

Nate, what are your thoughts?

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 7:37 pm

Helden, give me an intelligence roll. Depending on how well you do, I may give you some insights to monster statblocks, bonuses on geography checks, etc. for The Silverwood.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 3:12 pm

*Asks Nate for his thoughts. Denied*

In other news, who here can drive a wagon?

Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 6:40 pm

Oh, I meant to read that through more.

After reading that through more (posting time travel) I'm hesitant to give a full green light on those, many of them are ideas meant for GMs to spring off of, not set in stone or well tested rules. They're also meant to be priced out, many of those are just unfinished (or left intentionally vague for players to barter with bartenders and such). If you want to use anything specific from that list, DM it to me in discord or LINE and I'll give them a closer look or make adjustments, but just on the fly there's quite a lot there that needs fixing (finishing/balancing/pricing), which is something I'm not really able to do.

Sorry broski
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 11:38 am

Definitely not expecting a clear cut "go ahead." Basically this response is what I was hoping for. If something looks cool, I will shoot it to you and go from there.

Really, I just like having options. So many options. The world is oyster, so to speak. Thanks, homie.

Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 11:10 pm

Did i find out anything interesting from the maps? possible ambush points? points of interest? landmarks etc?
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2021 8:42 pm

Per above, I need an intelligence roll to give you an answer on that one
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2021 2:16 am

Top of Round 1:

The beast will close and make a claw attack at Sebastion.

Initiative: 11.
Claw 1: 24 to hit, 7 Slashing, 3 Acid.

Here's a map, currently only Veil (Marked with Brown) and Sebastion (Marked with red) are shown, the rest of you are welcome to place yourselves where you would believe yourselves to be. Galinndan rides in the front carriage, Hagen in the middle. The large creature by the tree is, I hope obviously, the threat.
General OOC - Page 2 Battle10

Veil: 19 (+0 no mods)
Sebastion: 17 (-0 for spell lvl)
Helden: 13 (14-1 spell lvl)
Izar: 11 (12-1 for spell lvl)
Creature: 9 (11-2 for size)
The Beast: 6 (8-2 for heavy weapon)

Last edited by Murcurie on Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2021 9:27 am

Kho'nan is 100% with Galinndan. Lead from the front. Kill anything that doesn't have beer, bread, or BUHDONKADONK BUTTS.

Side bar: that music was a really nice touch. Set the mood very well.

Initiative: 19 (rolled using the DnD Beyond sheet - assuming you have a way to verify/check rolls assuming I don't "clear all")

Action(s): Move off wagon (within 10ft of this asshole if possible - my speed is 25' so I think that's cool); RAGE (2 remaining) as a bonus action; assuming I am within 10ft, smash-fuck this cyclops' shit with my Dorn Dergar.

Attack (1d20+5 assuming I am not forgetting anything): 8. Well, fuck.

IC: Kho'nan's eye widened at the movement in the trees. Some splinters hadn't even hit the ground yet before he was off the wagon and moving to intercept the creature assaulting them. The length of chain was pulled from around his neck, already swinging over his head as he roared. Tattoos moved more quickly along his skin as he worked himself into a frenzy. "Weak creature, come and meet your end. Come and see what a true Beast is."

He reeled back and swung hard as his voice began to tone down to an even more guttural, animalistic tone.

Back to top Go down
Another AKA

Another AKA

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2021 1:52 pm

Starting position: Izar is riding with Veil in the 3rd wagon.  
Initiative: 12

Actions:
Move: When the wagons stop, they move (30ft) towards the 2nd wagon, ending up just in front of the tree that is next to said wagon.
Standard action:  Cast a spell - Dissonant Whispers lvl 1 (Wis DC 14); 14 psychic damage and uses reaction to move away from Izar, (1/2 damage and no movement on successful save)
Bonus action: Bardic inspiration for Veil (1d6)
Reaction: n/a
Free action: Try to determine what this thing is. Nature (+3) - 8 lol nope

IC:  The thing with snarling monstrosities is that you do not need to know what they are to know that they are dangerous.  Knowing that Veil is likely to reach the creature before any of them, Izar looks at it and says "Purpose abounds!", before moving from the 3rd wagon to the 2nd, focusing on infusing the vocal component of a spell with power. Once in position, they pick out a few notes on the viol, as much for effect as to complete the incantation.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2021 3:12 pm

Initiative: 15
Action - Eldritch Blast my opponent
To hit = 17
Damage =13

IC
Sebastion had led them on a merry chase but he found himself back where he'd started, his horse dead on the road killed in the initial ambush. He caught a glimse of the wagons and people but was to focused on staying alive to really take any of it in as he spun around to face the monstrosity. Using his scimitar for defence he summons a dark shadowy ball of energy in his free hand which he hurled at the monster.

Last edited by Carnelian on Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2021 3:37 pm

GET SOME.

Back to top Go down
Faanku

Faanku

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2021 7:39 pm

Initiative: 19

Action: Move off the wagon to put it between Veil and the beast (the enemy one, not our one Wink), use Bonus Action Hide, then Sneak Attack with Veil's Arm Bow.
To Hit: 16
Damage: 8 + Sneak Attack: 3 = 11

IC: <Arrival, unfriendly. Prioritised defence, elimination assured.>

Responding to Izar's request with a guarantee of the creature's demise, the warforged rolls from the drivers seat of the wagon and dashes to its left as soon as its feet hit the ground, drawing a bead on the monstrosity from underneath the vehicle's frame and loosing a bolt form its integrated weapon.

OOC: Just realised that Kho'nan will attack from reach and won't be proccing my sneak attack!
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2021 9:37 pm

Intelligence roll: 10

Initiative: 14 +0(medium) -1 (cast spell level 1) =13?
Movement: Stay where he is.
Action: Cast Bless (Add 1d4 to saving throw or attack role) on Beast, sebastion and ve

IC: Helden had been matching landmarks to his study of the maps and documents when they came upon the carnage. As the others started moving into action, he brought up his hammer and called out to his god. The hammer flashed and The Beast, Sebastion and Veil, felt a glow of holy energy guiding their strikes.

Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 1:20 am

Wisdom Save for the creature: NAT 20. Pass.

You have all, however, done some significant damage to them.

Damage: 11+7+13=31.

Top of round 2: actions please.

The animal will turn to Kho'nan, take a step forward, and make a multi-attack. I should've done this to Sebastion, but I was feeling nice.

That's right, its TWO MORE nat 20's.

Initiative 18 (20-2 slow action)
Claw 1: 16 to hit, 7 slashing, 1 acid.
Claw 2: 26, critical hit, 11 Slashing, 10 Acid.

And please make a CON saving throw (DC13) or take an additional 11 psychic damage... and be paralyzed from its horrifying stare.

And if that wasn't enough, a second beast bursts from the foliage near Hagen's cart, rushing up to Veil and taking a multiattack as well!

That luck had to come around at some point. My highest roll was on a d6.

Initiative: 2 (4-2 slow action)
Claw 1: 8
Claw 2: 6

And also please make a CON save (DC 13) or take 11 and be paralyzed as well.

General OOC - Page 2 Roun210

Izar: 20
Veil: 19
Creature 1: 18
Sebastion: 14
The Beast: 13
Helden: 13
Creature 2: 2

Creature 2 failed the WIS save on a 9, Izar.

Last edited by Murcurie on Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Faanku

Faanku

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 3:02 am

Con Save: 12, Failure by 1! Scratch that, I missed the Bless cast. Very timely.

Action: Using my Skirmisher reaction to move 15ft away from the new beast, then my turn to continue into cover to Hide & Shoot.
Attack Roll: 17
Damage: 10 + 10 SA = 20

IC: Veil deftly evades the clumsy swipes of the monstrous creature, then flips itself over the wagon and darts for the cover of the treeline. It then loses its opponent's line of sight and looses another ranged attack at the wounded enemy.

OOC: Those 2 claws were the attack rolls I assume, and not damage?
And was my 18 passive perception not enough to notice that thing?
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 8:04 am

Correct on both, Funk. These guys get advantage to stealth and I have been rolling VERY well this fight. Not that it seemed to make any difference lol
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 10:33 am

Funk wrote:
OOC: Just realised that Kho'nan will attack from reach and won't be proccing my sneak attack!

The Dorn Dergar is an awesome weapon, evident by the fact that Nathan keeps NERFing it any chance he can get... *bitter noises*... but it can freely move from reach to up close and personal. No idea what "proccing" means because I am a n00b dickhead.

Con Save: 10 - really need bless to come through now... 3 for bless! Jesus Christ. Wasn't sure how to roll stand alone dice on DNDBeyond, so I did so on Orokos. https://orokos.com/roll/877745

28/49 HP remain as of Round 1

^^^All greatly misunderstood/unnecessary due to speed initiative events.

Round 2 Initiative: 13
Actions:

Move - switch Dorn Dergar from Reach to Normal Melee
Attack Roll: 10 (assuming the -2 to hit is still in place after moving the weapon to normal)
Damage: 2+5 = 7, bludgeoning

Updated Round 2 Action
Free - Form of the Beast Carapace (RAW indicated that any form of the beast is free when in a rage)
Free - Fully Expose Symbiont (losing that much HP in one round justifies that new developments have changed this, but still wrote a cool fucking scene. Keeping it)
"Your skin hardens into tough hide or chitin. Your hit point maximum and current hit points increase by your barbarian level plus your constitution modifier. In addition, you have a +2 bonus to your Armor Class": AC 18; HP 57/57 as of round 2

Move: 5 sq./25 ft West (puts me within 10 ft of second asshole)/Flanking
Symbiont Acid Splash (not sure speed of this action - thinking fast?): Since I can target two creatures if I choose, does that mean I can shoot one creature twice? Assuming I can, firing twice on this dude:
- Dex Sav of 10 needed; damage 2 and 3 respectively.

IC: Kho'nan finally allowed his rage to get the best of him as his target died without a proper fight. Two things happened simultaneously: ripples, black as a moonless night swam across his skin while the parts not yet covered grew hard, not unlike a reptilian predator with splotches of thick, tough fur. Beard and hair hardened into leather-like knits. Even his tattoos began to shift, forming designs that looked like interwoven steel. His beast form was overtaken completely by the symbiont inside of him. Covering Kho'nan like a wetsuit of shimmering, wet black and blue hues, two large white eyes appeared on his chest, a maw of infernal white teeth snarled across his belly. Things were moving underneath his skin, begging to come out.

~~~ We will feast on your rotting flesh before the moon lowers, filth ~~~ rasped the mouth at his belly.

The Beast had fully awoken.

He moved quickly to the next target. From his right forearm a chitinous... thing... emerged and hurled itself into the cyclops.

EDIT: updated HP totals to reflect the first attack missing.

EDIT 2: Updated the action. All should be good.

Last edited by Iron and Metal on Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 2:36 pm

Initiative base: 15-2=13
Movement: move around behind the creature to gain flanking
Action: Attack with Warhammer (1h)
BA: Cast Spiritual Weapon (lvl2) and as part of casting the spell it attacks

Melee attack (Adv): 19 to hit, 4 damage (B)
SW attack: 9 to hit, 11 damage (Force)

IC:
With the blessing cast, Helden's eyes light up again, his prayers and glowing hammer calling into existence a shimmering white long sword above one of the creatures. The weapon slices down at the thing, as Helden himself moves to get behind the creature, lashing out with his warhammer.

"FOR DOL DORN!!!"
Back to top Go down
Another AKA

Another AKA

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 8:44 pm

Round 2 Initiative: 20 (22-2 for a lvl 2 spell)
Starting position: Next to the tree near the 2nd cart (I had described the movement in my first post)

Actions
Move: stays put
Standard action: Cast a spell - Vicious mockery (WIS 14) - 1 psychic damage + disadvantage, (nothing on successful save) - creature attacking Sebastion & Kho'nan
Bonus action: n/a Healing word lvl 2 on Kho'nan, 10 hp recovered
Reaction: Cutting words - substract 2 from the attack roll of the 2nd creature
Free action: n/a

IC:
The second creature was as unwelcomed as the first; more so even, because it was so close. "Oi! No you don't, you puke-stained carpet!" Izar spat as the monster went to attack, causing it to hesitate for a split second; Hopefully that would be enough.  Now, where was I? Oh right,.

Izar spent a moment to direct healing magics towards Kho'nan before returning their energy to the first creature.  
"You're too thick for a good insult to be worthwhile." Not the most creative insult, but a reliable focus for the cantrip.

Last edited by Another AKA on Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 4:23 am

Initiative: 14
Action / Move: Speak briefly to the dwarf and then move along the wagon on the side i'm on keep wagons and horse between me and second monster. Basicallt setting myself up for an attack next round if needed.

IC
Sebastion gives the dwarf a quick glance, who the hell just spoke then? 'We'll feast on your rotting flesh??'. He takes a step back and flashes a nervous smile "err... Thanks. There is only one more I think." Taking a few glances back to ensure he wasn't going to be eaten by the dwarf Sebastion moves along the side of the wagon towards the sound of combat.
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 5:21 pm

Round 3:

The horses are spooked, and have broken the back wheel of wagon 2, as of the end of last round.

The creature fails Kho'nan's acid save on a 9 and will take 2. Helden hits on the hammer swing but not with the spiritual weapon.

Creature:
Damage dealt: 2+4=6.
This round, the creature will attempt to Overrun Kho'nan to get to the dead horse, it would seem it wants out of this fight.

Move: to dead horse.
BA: Overrun maneuver on Kho'nan (Fail)
Action: Multiattack!

19 (athletics) vs. Kho'nan's 25. No dice. Well done Beast. I guess it will fearfully beat you up

Nope. 10 and 8.

Helden, it will attempt its gaze attack at you. Gonna need a CON save DC13 or take 8 psychic and be paralyzed.

Please note, none of this happens until it goes on initiative 10. If you beat it, you don't have to worry about this until it actually happens
General OOC - Page 2 Round310

Veil: 13
Sebastion: 13
Creature: 10
Izar: 7
Helden: 2
Kho'nan: 2

Last edited by Murcurie on Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 5:23 pm

Did my acid splash/chitin creature attack hit?

Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 5:27 pm

Whoops totally forgot about it. Yes, though the acid splash only hits once. By the original spell its a magical water balloon filled with poison, by your symbiont its a brittle shard of chitin that shatters. So its supposed to pop and spray acid on a couple grouped up opponents, but its not capable of splashing the same guy twice.
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 12:20 am

Initiative: 3-1(level 1 spell) = 2
Saving throw: 14 - Pass!

Move: Follow it and move to flank.
BA: Cause spiritual weapon to attack the creature - 13 to hit - 8 damage (force)
Action: Cast guiding bolt (level 1) - 15 to hit - 9 damage (Radiant)

Helden locks eyes with the creature and feels its corrupt mind try to force its way into his. His grip strengthens on his hammer and he roars, breaking the things gaze.
With a thought the glowing longsword swings down striking into its flesh.
As it reels from the blow he raises his hammer to the sky and with a flash, a bolt of radiant energy strikes down from the sky.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 9:30 am

Murcurie wrote:
Whoops totally forgot about it. Yes, though the acid splash only hits once. By the original spell its a magical water balloon filled with poison, by your symbiont its a brittle shard of chitin that shatters. So its supposed to pop and spray acid on a couple grouped up opponents, but its not capable of splashing the same guy twice.

Cheers and thanks for clarifying. Can you also clarify the general speed of cantrips, since all my symbiont abilities count as cantrips.

Also, what I noticed in your last OOC that was extremely helpful for me was just noting "NONE OF THIS HAPPENS UNTIL INTIATIVE 10." If at the beginning of your new round OOC post you have that every time in big, bold, flashy ass colors, my simple brain will benefit greatly.

BEAST ROUND 3 SHIT
Initiative: 2

Can I change beast forms from round to round freely? Say if I wanted to give up Carapace to use Bite? Symbiont is hungry.

Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 2:51 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
Also, what I noticed in your last OOC that was extremely helpful for me was just noting "NONE OF THIS HAPPENS UNTIL INTIATIVE 10." If at the beginning of your new round OOC post you have that every time in big, bold, flashy ass colors, my simple brain will benefit greatly.

Will do this from now on. At least until we're all a bit more comfortable with speed factor.

Iron and Metal wrote:
Can I change beast forms from round to round freely? Say if I wanted to give up Carapace to use Bite? Symbiont is hungry.

Looks like you get one form per rage, by how I read this: "When you enter your rage, you can transform, revealing the bestial power within you. Until the rage ends, you manifest a natural weapon." seems to say you get only one form per rage. I may give abilities later on that let you change it on the fly.
Back to top Go down
Another AKA

Another AKA

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 8:04 pm

Starting position: Next to the tree near the 2nd cart
Initiative: 7

Actions:
Move: 30 feet towards the horse that is spooked.
Standard action: Dash towards said horse and take its reins
Bonus action: n/a
Reaction: n/a
Free action: n/a

IC:
Seeing that the others had things well in hand, Izar went to try and calm the wayward horse, hoping that the preliminary training in animal that had been provided at the College would suffice.
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 3:03 am

Jeff it looks like I'm forgetting all over the place. All your symbiont abilities, since they count as cantrips, have no mod, and will not affect your initiative. I'm pretty sure they want you to treat it as -0 (so you can't have a bonus if you're casting a cantrip) but that's dumb and damage cantrips are supposed to be quick battle magic anyway.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 9:38 am

Yeah, OK that makes sense. Re-reading it now that is my take on it as well. Freely changing forms from round to round would be quite powerful. Perhaps when he can control the rage better - potentially at level 6 or 10 when the Path improves?

It would also jive with the article's argument that Path of the Beast improvements are relatively shit RAW.

Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 3:05 am

You and me both. but changing quickly is definitely something I've thought about. We'll see how it plays out
Back to top Go down
Faanku

Faanku

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 3:36 am

Initiative: 13
Attack: 25
Damage: 11+5 = 16

IC: Veil nods as the great beast falls then moves its attention to the second enemy, placing a bolt into its chest.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 10:53 am

Veil is an absolute killer and I am all about it.

Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 12:39 am

Round 4:

The animal will run from Helden and Kho'nan on its turn, on a 17. It will provoke from both Helden and Kho'nan to try and get away. You may be able to kill it here, though if you can't, you can always attempt to move faster than it. A 17 will be hard to beat.

Again, this happens on 17 initiative, time your actions (and ICs) accordingly. Worth noting here, you will get reactions back at the start of every round, unless someone starts to abuse it.
General OOC - Page 2 Round410
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 3:04 am

(Note, whoever attacks the creature first with the opportunity attack gets advantage from the guiding bolt. It wont be me. Im slow as hell)

Reaction: Attack! 15 to hit - 10 damage (Blunt)

Initiative: 5 (attacking with a 1h weapon i guess is +-0?)
If creature not dead after opportunity attacks:
Move: follow creature
BA: Spiritual weapon moves 30ft and attacks if in range: 19 to hit - 6 dmg (force)
Action: Attack (If in range) 7 to hit. thats a miss.

IC
Helden grins as the creature starts to flee and swings an impromptu swing at its fleeing back.
With the creature still moving after that he takes after it, the glowing sword silently flying through the air to slash again at it.
As Helden catches up with it, he swings again but stumbles on a root, cursing as the hammer flies wide.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 8:52 am

Round 3 Actions Cont.:

Move: Dorn Dergar to close grip
Attack: (What's the bonus for Flanking?) 15 to hit + flanking bonus
Damage: (+2 Rage that DnD Beyond isn't adding for some reason) 10 Blunt

IC: The Beast breathed in deeply, reared back, and delivered a staggering blow - more like a punch - with the business end of his Dorn Dergar. His let out a roar as he hit, adding to the force behind it.

Round 4 Actions:

Initiative: 7 (-2 weapon) = 5
Attack of Opportunity: 13 (+ flanking bonus)
Damage: 6 Blunt

Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 1:38 pm

You will kill it as it runs away. Updates coming when I'm not running out the door for work. Well done on your first combat everyone
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 3:44 pm

Gonna fade to the next scene tomorrow, but to answer some points in the IC:

1. There's a spare wheel for sure, no one's gotta make athletics checks through the mountains or anything.
2. The animals have no valuables, and without knowing what creature they are, you don't know which parts, if any, are worth keeping.
Back to top Go down
Faanku

Faanku

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 5:01 am

Veil will see if it knows what these things are before cutting them open.
ID: Nature: 1d20+6 16
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 2:18 pm

That'll do it. These creatures are Plains Yetis. The foothill cousin of the more notable mountain Yeti, the plains yetis are better adapted to ambushes in the thick forest foliage. Their freezing gaze allows them to easily isolate animals from a pack, and the grime and gore kept on their talons quickly debilitates their prey.

They have powerful tusks used to tear apart prey, the ivory of which is prized for its rarity and strength.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 2:31 pm

GET THAT IVORY, BRUH. POACHERS BABY!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue May 11, 2021 9:16 pm

You may add 100gp in party loot as assorted furs. Sorry for the delay of game folks, let's get back in it.
Back to top Go down
Benobo

Benobo

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2021 8:18 am

Hey guys, I'm Ben, I'll be playing alongside you guys from here on out Smile it's pleasure to meet you and I hope we have fun playing some dnd together.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2021 2:45 pm

Stoked to have you with us, Ben!

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2021 2:45 pm

Murcurie wrote:
You may add 100gp in party loot as assorted furs. Sorry for the delay of game folks, let's get back in it.

Has this been jotted down somewhere?

Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2021 5:08 pm

To my knowledge, no. Would you all like a party loot thread?

EDIT: Waiting for an answer is for those without confidence. Party Loot thread created and furs noted.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2021 5:19 pm

I WOULD LOVE THAT.

Thanks, hoss.

Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 3:56 am

Nice to meet you ben!
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 6:50 pm

Rolled perception just to see if I could tell that Izar was being falsely modest, in order to call them out... rolled a 4. lol

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

General OOC
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next