A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Starfinder - Fly Free or Die

Go down 
+4
Iron and Metal
Carnelian
Murcurie
AbstractCloud1
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

Starfinder - Fly Free or Die Empty
PostSubject: Starfinder - Fly Free or Die   Starfinder - Fly Free or Die EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 6:28 pm

“In this thrilling kick-off to the new Fly Free or Die Starfinder Adventure Path, a crew of scoundrels, rogues, and misfits finds it hard to survive in a galaxy where everyone has a price. Targeted by a crime boss and his army of enforcers, preyed upon by faceless mega-corporations, and hounded by rivals, the crew of the Free Trader Oliphaunt line up the big score that will at last make them rich beyond their wildest dreams. But when their many enemies join forces and the crew loses it all, they find out there's two things in the galaxy that can't be bought: freedom... and revenge.”

Anyone down for Firefly/Rogue Trader/Traveller sci fi in Starfinder rules/setting? I preordered the soft cover with intent to play as soon as it’s available, and I just got the shipping order. Should be here sometime next week, and that means it’s time to get going.

The AP is made for 4 players, you will all start at level one. Since it’s a preplanned adventure, we won’t be able to start at higher levels, as I’d normally want to. I have interest from one player I believe, Jeff? So that will leave room for 3 others.
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Starfinder - Fly Free or Die   Starfinder - Fly Free or Die EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 6:42 pm

How long is the adventure path? And how much experience would you like people to have with Starfinder in order to play?
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Starfinder - Fly Free or Die   Starfinder - Fly Free or Die EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 7:04 pm

I’m wild for this system, I own all the books (except the AP’s), and I’m more than happy to help anyone get settled in if they’re uncomfortable. In other words, whatever experience level you have is fine.

The adventure path is a 6 book series, and should take characters from level 1 to 13, if it’s anything like the other 6-book AP’s. I’d bet we’ll run out of interest before we get to the end, but if not, and I hope not, it should be a year or more on PbP, depending on how fast we roll through everything.
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Starfinder - Fly Free or Die   Starfinder - Fly Free or Die EmptyWed Nov 04, 2020 5:59 am

I think I'd be interested then! Never played Starfinder but I do own some of the books and I've always wanted to give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Starfinder - Fly Free or Die   Starfinder - Fly Free or Die EmptyWed Nov 04, 2020 6:01 am

I'll stick my oar in.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Starfinder - Fly Free or Die   Starfinder - Fly Free or Die EmptyWed Nov 04, 2020 2:03 pm

I'll stick my *insert expletive here* in

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Starfinder - Fly Free or Die   Starfinder - Fly Free or Die EmptyThu Nov 05, 2020 5:35 am

Nath, what books are required for character generation? Does anyone have any to share or should I drop by the interwebs??
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Starfinder - Fly Free or Die   Starfinder - Fly Free or Die EmptyThu Nov 05, 2020 8:54 am

If there is still space I'm down
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Starfinder - Fly Free or Die   Starfinder - Fly Free or Die EmptyThu Nov 05, 2020 2:58 pm

Two players, one oar, and one *expletive* makes a full party. I’ll get the forums set up in a bit here, if my phone will let me. Dave, check archives of Nethys for all the source material, it’s all free online.

https://www.aonsrd.com/

If you’d like PDFs, there’s always the trove.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Starfinder - Fly Free or Die   Starfinder - Fly Free or Die EmptyThu Nov 05, 2020 3:35 pm

Wow, that's a lot of different player races. Thinking a Vesk soldier looks fun but not set on that so don't let that restrict anyone in their choices.

We have a space craft right so how important is it that one of us is a mechanic? I can see that various classes get pilot which I guess would cover nifty flying skills for our ship?
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Starfinder - Fly Free or Die   Starfinder - Fly Free or Die EmptyThu Nov 05, 2020 3:37 pm

I will likely wait to see what the rest of you decide on for race/class combos before I decide mine! I'll fill in any obvious holes if I can. Smile
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Starfinder - Fly Free or Die   Starfinder - Fly Free or Die EmptyThu Nov 05, 2020 3:45 pm

omg... Space Goblin!
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Starfinder - Fly Free or Die   Starfinder - Fly Free or Die EmptyThu Nov 05, 2020 4:13 pm

Kinda liking the look of the Kasatha race and Solarian class
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Starfinder - Fly Free or Die   Starfinder - Fly Free or Die EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 4:54 pm

Hey all, I'm thinking another player will help us get running a little quicker, so I'm gonna open this up for someone else. Anyone interested?
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Starfinder - Fly Free or Die   Starfinder - Fly Free or Die EmptySat Jan 30, 2021 10:18 pm

Bump. Still looking for another happy, law abiding, corporate drone.
Back to top Go down
Faanku

Faanku

PostSubject: Re: Starfinder - Fly Free or Die   Starfinder - Fly Free or Die EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 3:53 pm

What classes/roles are in the party already?
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Starfinder - Fly Free or Die   Starfinder - Fly Free or Die EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 3:28 am

Hey. We have the following...

Ysoki Biohacker
Android Operative
Vesk Soldier
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Starfinder - Fly Free or Die   Starfinder - Fly Free or Die EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 12:13 pm

Funk getting in to all my games? This one's a bit more story focused than party focused. If Az ever makes it back, he'll be playing his Lashunta Envoy.
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Starfinder - Fly Free or Die   Starfinder - Fly Free or Die EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 2:58 pm

Still looking for another player here, if anyone's interested.
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Starfinder - Fly Free or Die   Starfinder - Fly Free or Die EmptyMon May 10, 2021 5:07 pm

Another bump over here. Two players bowed out, looking for two or three to join in.
Back to top Go down
Another AKA

Another AKA

PostSubject: Re: Starfinder - Fly Free or Die   Starfinder - Fly Free or Die EmptyThu May 13, 2021 5:02 am

I'm interested - will read up on the rules/setting this weekend. What are the other PCs?
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: Starfinder - Fly Free or Die   Starfinder - Fly Free or Die EmptyMon May 17, 2021 7:16 am

I'm interested. Will start poking around the rules.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starfinder - Fly Free or Die   Starfinder - Fly Free or Die Empty

Back to top Go down

Starfinder - Fly Free or Die
Page 1 of 1