A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Introductions!

Go down 
+65
Voyageur
callume26
KenKen
Aster
Benobo
Neriglissar
Jivik
evca7
Faanku
Tecumseh
Captain_Hoyt
hamhambone
Axtah
Unholy
Canis Dirus
Inquisition6
SoulofInfinity
Flelmo
guilersk
Caligula
NightingaleJ
moarhair
AbstractCloud1
GorumGamer
saturncomesbackaround
Iron and Metal
Murcurie
Thirsty
Thelonius
Lynata
owenstreetpress
FelicitousPsychicFerret
Grond
T.Bit
Willvr
thepooreconomist
DrunkCorsair
stevenart74
Pendraig
smguy
Urist
Kobras_Aquairre
Pyritefoolsgold
Chumpster
blackadder
Obsidian_Spoon
Solodice
Wendigo Bob
Litschi
Dresden
carterbeatsthedevil
Gurkhal
Grunt
kyouen
Morganatic
Theoretical
Sylphilis
MedicMarch
Riverwyld
bobarctor1977
Ariakor
Azza
DonQwaf
mruozu
Carnelian
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Thirsty

Thirsty

Introductions! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 9:50 am

Hi all! So happy I found this community. I'm just your average friendly neighbourhood cosmic horror from beyond the stars and I've been gaming and roleplaying for several millennia now. Golly, how time flies.

The first big community I got involved in was for the original Warhammer Online game before it got cancelled. We had a great community of PbP gamers back then and we were all sad to see it go. Since then, I mostly haunt Nintendo game related PbP sites like Smash Bros Life Itself and Legend of Zelda's zrpg and RP proboards sites. I've been looking forward to getting back into some Warhammer-related PbP and this seems like a great place to start up again!

Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 2:46 pm

Hey, welcome everyone! There's so many new faces I can't make a post for all of you, so here's one blanket hi. Feel free to check out the recruitment thread if you haven't already and get a feel for our site
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 4:19 pm

Welcome, friendly neighborhood horror! Always good to have one of those on the site. We are stoked to have you!

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
saturncomesbackaround

saturncomesbackaround

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 2:06 am

Hi folks, thanks for letting me join the community.

I've been hankering to join a pbp game for a while, and the voluntary quarantine gave me the impetus to go out and look for one. I spent a few years on a World of Darkness pbp forum, and have loved the Grim Darkness of the Far Future forever.

Looking forward to getting to know your characters and writing some awesome stories with you Smile
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 9:27 am

We are really glad to have you. Thanks for coming on over. I can see you've already found the Recruitment thread, which is awesome. If you are able, download the LINE app for your phone. It's a free texting app we all take advantage of for real-time communication. You can then add any of us on there. My username is "nemby"

Welcome!

Back to top Go down
GorumGamer

GorumGamer

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 9:17 am

Howdy,

I'm Gorum. Ever since I've started my new job I've found the free time onshift to join a PbP game. It seems like a good way to exercise the 'ol writing and RP muscles. I look forward to joining a game here, and perhaps running one of my own!

Thanks,
Gorum
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 9:49 am

Gorum, welcome! Super glad to have you. How'd you come across the site? Was it the magic of Reddit?

Anyways, we are always looking for new GMs to run whatever they fancy. Check out the Recruitment forum to see what's currently open; this is also the place you would post your query for interest if you wanted to run a game.

If you have any questions, please send them our way. Cheers.

Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 11:26 am

Hey, welcome Saturn and Gorum! Really great to have some new faces. Jeff already mentioned checking out the recruitment thread, but if you want to get in to our LINE chat, feel free to add me, my username is the same.

We tend to use our LINE for general chatting and BS, but we also have separate chats for each game that help us move things along quicker. Its not required, but it helps GM's out and helps us all feel a little closer.
Back to top Go down
GorumGamer

GorumGamer

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 5:55 pm

Thanks guys! I'll definitely see about LINE.
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 05, 2020 6:18 pm

Hello everyone! I'm Abby, or Abstract, or whatever else you feel like calling me! I stumbled upon this community from digging real deep in google to try and find some Warhammer 40k play by post games (they are a dying breed I tell you), I look forward to maybe joining one of the ones running here once space opens up!

Thanks for having me, and I hope everyone is staying healthy right now.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 05, 2020 6:48 pm

That is so awesome! Now we at least know that somewhere, someplace out there, we show up on google. As you can see, the majority of our PbP games running right now are 40k. So, I am sure we can get you situated in no time.

As I am sure you've seen, we use a free-messaging app called LINE to communicate in real time. It's a really handy way for GMs to stay in touch with their players, remind them about actions/initiative/rules etc. and helps minimize wait time between posts. Install it if you can then you can add me and I'll get you added to the various group chats. My LINE username is "nemby".

WELCOME!

Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 05, 2020 7:11 pm

Alright, I'll get it installed! Is there a reason yall are using LINE over something like Discord? I do a whole bunch of my pbp games there and it's super handy cause you can get dice rolling plugins and whatnot.

Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 05, 2020 9:37 pm

AbstractCloud1 wrote:
Alright, I'll get it installed! Is there a reason yall are using LINE over something like Discord?

Some of the members here were teachers over in Japan so they were already using LINE for talking over there (cheaper than texting from what I hear). Natural extension to use it for OOC stuff for this site instead of getting everyone over to Discord.
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 05, 2020 9:56 pm

That makes sense! Figured I might toss the idea out there just in case. LINE it is!
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 1:05 am

So many new players. Welcome all!
Back to top Go down
Thirsty

Thirsty

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 9:00 am

Welcome saturn, Gorum and AbstractCloud! *waves a tentacle*
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 9:32 am

^^Normally they wave a screaming, bloody tentacle. You guys have really lucked out.

Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyFri May 01, 2020 8:22 am

Hi all,

Just joined after bobarctor1977 made a call for players on Reddit for a Blades in the Dark game.

I've been gaming in person for almost 20 years, but The Plague has made that a bit difficult. Hoping that online play can get me my fix!
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyFri May 01, 2020 11:24 am

Welcome!

PbP will definitely get you your fix if you can settle into the pacing. Really glad to have another new face on the forum.

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptySun May 03, 2020 11:10 am

Welcome Moarhair. Nice to see another new face.
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptySun May 03, 2020 2:08 pm

Hey Welcome! Great to see a new member. Check out the recruitment thread for any other games you might be interested in, I really hope to see you more around the site.
Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyThu May 07, 2020 1:48 pm

Hello everyone, also joined by invite from bobarctor1977 on the blades subreddit.

I'm pretty new to role play in general but have a decent history with video games and books.

So far I love PbP, should have tried sooner.
Back to top Go down
https://linktr.ee/gamedevadventurer
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyThu May 07, 2020 2:23 pm

Welcome Nightingale. You've made a good choice in coming here I promise.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyThu May 07, 2020 4:18 pm

Hear that everyone? Gaming with Bob, something everyone should have tried sooner Laughing

he/him
Back to top Go down
Caligula

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyTue May 26, 2020 1:59 pm

Hello everybody! I am Caligula, live in Hamburg, Germany and kind of grew up with pen&paper RPGs, my Brother played a lot of Das Schwarze Auge (german pendant to DnD) and I played some here and there myself. Never had a long term group for playing, but always kept an eye open what comes along. And here I am, said brother told me about this platform and playByPost and I am curious with a hint of nostalgic thoughts back to my pen&paper experiences.
What else.. I the average guy, working in IT, not as nerdy as this might let it sound but still Wink. Oh and I like making pizza dough, the type that needs two-three days until its ready.
Back to top Go down
Thelonius

Thelonius

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyTue May 26, 2020 2:06 pm

Welcome, little brother, I hope you'll enjoy the game and next time we're over, I want one of those pizzas!
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyThu May 28, 2020 11:57 am

Welcome! Glad to see another person on the site! I'm sure your brother has already got you up to speed on the workings around here, but still, feel free to check out the recruitment forum and get yourself in a game. If you want, you can also put your available hours in the link in the live game interest thread.

Please, we need more people
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyThu May 28, 2020 2:07 pm

Really excited to have you (and even your brother) on the site, Caligula!

Feel welcome and if you have any questions, reach out to any of us.

Back to top Go down
Caligula

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptySat May 30, 2020 9:26 am

Thanks for the warm welcome Smile It is awesome to again dive into worlds I can discover and create at the same time!
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptySat May 30, 2020 5:59 pm

Welcome to everyone new. Hope you find some awesome games to get your rp on.
Back to top Go down
guilersk

guilersk

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 1:23 pm

Hello,

Moarhair asked me to pop in here and say hi. I came in search of a new PbP as my old one has ground to a standstill. Aside from PbPs I play and run many games in meatspace (or would if I were not under quarantine; I run them in R20 now) and am always looking to try new games to see what they can offer.
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 1:43 pm

Welcome, guilesrk! I hope you find what you're looking for here.
Back to top Go down
Thirsty

Thirsty

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 2:03 pm

Fresh souls! Warp Scream! Eeee~!

Welcome all, great to see so many newbies joining. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Thelonius

Thelonius

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 2:18 pm

Welcome guilersk!
In case you are interested, we're still recruiting and the campaign just started. (Silent Sun - Stars Without Number)
Back to top Go down
Flelmo

Flelmo

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 5:34 pm

Hey, I'm Drew. I've been interested in fantasy since I read the Hobbit in the 4th grade, I played a lot of MUDs (text-based online games) in the 90s, and started playing RPGs in the late 90s. First was Star Wars d6 by West End Games, then D&D. Lately I've been looking to slower paced games, since I'm getting a little older and my life is changing, so a play by post sounds great.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 7:46 pm

AWWWWW YEAH, FLELMO UP IN THE HOUSE.

You're in good company, my friend. Welcome to the site and if you need anything at all, reach out to any of us. Welcome!

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2020 4:05 am

Welcome to all the new people! Glad to have you here.
Back to top Go down
SoulofInfinity

SoulofInfinity

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 2:59 pm

Hello everyone,

My name is Alexandre. I have been playing pen and papers RPG since I'm 8. I'm a sucker for a good stories. I'm always curious about trying new game and meeting new people. Smile

Last edited by SoulofInfinity on Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 7:03 pm

Welcome, Alexandre. Where are you from/currently living? Always great to have new players on the site. How old are you now (not important, but it'll give some more depth to the fact that you've been playing since Cool.

Welcome!

Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2020 2:35 pm

Also what's your Middle name? 3 numbers on the back of your card? soc#?

Welcome! Check out the recruitment thread to get in a game or start one of your own. Also feel free to join us on LINE, our messaging app. We are just as much a bs'ing community as we are an rp'ing one. My LINE user is murcurie, I'll add you to the chats if you're interested.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2020 2:41 pm

Quiet! We've got to warm them up first!

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2020 2:04 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Inquisition6

Inquisition6

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 5:59 am

Hello all, I'm Inquisition6 (or Matt). I know a few of the guys around here from an old 2011 Deathwatch PbP I ran for several years. I popped back in from the old forum to see how things are going after hearing from Solodice the other day.

I guess the most interesting thing I've been doing since I've been gone is I'm looking to get a setting I've been working on licensed and published. I started work on it back in early 2019. I also started an online gaming community for Arma 3 back in 2016.
Back to top Go down
https://discord.gg/ZdQ8wvy
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 4:42 pm

Welcome back, in a way, Inq!
Back to top Go down
Inquisition6

Inquisition6

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 4:31 pm

Thanks Solo! Also if anyone PM'd me, I tried to reply.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 5:25 pm

In, I am really stoked to see you back on a shared-forum again, man. I owe you a DM response, but the summer semester just started and three classes is taking its toll on me. Why did I assign all this fucking work?!

WELCOME!

Back to top Go down
Inquisition6

Inquisition6

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 9:49 pm

Take your time. Glad to be "seen" again. Between a full time day job and working to start making money for myself with an RPG book makes me scarce sometimes. And I run a game over VOIP weekly. So here or discord is probably the best place to catch me. I have a couple servers I run/ran than I'm a part of.

It might be in the cards I can run a playtest here, but that involves various measures to make sure nothing gets leaked before release and in a system I don't see being run around here... yada yada yada. Laughing Not that I think it might get leaked from here, just due diligence. I have an early teaser page on my PC somewhere if anybody's interested or has print layout experience they're willing to impart on a whim.
Back to top Go down
Canis Dirus

Canis Dirus

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2020 1:22 pm

Hi, I am Canis Dirus.
I have a bit of an unpredictable schedule at the moment so I have decided to try my hand at PbP RPG to scratch the itch.
I am mainly interested in SciFi or a bit of low magic fantasy but that doesn't mean I can't be persuaded for some traditional adventuring Laughing
UK based
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2020 3:20 pm

Welcome to the site. Great to have you. I am sure you can get into a game here ASAP.

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2020 1:01 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Introductions!
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Community for Gamers, by Gamers :: Play-by-Post Gaming :: Introductions!-
Jump to: