A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Introductions!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:43 am

I go by Wendigo anyways. Glad to be on board Ian!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:09 am

Welcome to the forums, Wendigo! I am glad those FFG posts finally struck a chord with someone. Your experience will definitely come in handy.

If you haven't already read the rules section, please give it a look over. It is standard stuff that I am sure you've encountered before. One thing we all utilize is the LINE app - it's a free texting app for smartphones. It's huge in Japan where a good handful of us worked/still work, and we have a forum group on there as well as OOC groups for any games people are in. It really helps expedite GM-to-player comms.

Let's see about getting you into a game!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:57 am

Unfortunately, I have no smartphone. I will check on the forum rules however. I've always had fun worldbuilding & homebrewing, I think I collected a massive amount of Xenos stuff for rogue trader
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:34 pm

Wendigo Bob wrote:
Unfortunately, I have no smartphone.

LINE does have a desktop version. You might need it as GMs use it to keep players updated and for easy OOC talk (much quicker and efficient then PMing over the forum).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Welcome! Glad you made an account on our forum Wendigo.

It's probably 80% bs'ing and 20% player prodding. I'll admit, the computer version is not the best, so I won't be hurt if you don't want to get it. We've managed without, it just takes forever to get things done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:16 pm

I'l go for the desktop version, its free anyways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:54 pm

Welcome wendigo. As you may surmise, we're a pretty tight nit group here. Most of us have been playing together for many years and we're always looking for more of the same.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obsidian_Spoon

Obsidian_Spoon

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:49 am

Hey everyone. My name's Adam, screen name Obsidian_Spoon. I joined y'all yesterday on Line, thanks to a Jeff, and promised an intro today.

I'm an artist, designer, gamer. Just getting started as a sculptor (I make monsters, mostly). I work a lot with steel, too.

Outside of art, some of my interests are snark and sarcasm, Guillermo del Toro and Miyazaki films, grim and/or heroic fantasy, percussion, and travel. Once upon a time, community building was real important for me, but I've been adrift for a few years now.

I'm fairly new to the whole play by post thing, but as it's harder and harder to have sit-down games, I'm getting more into it. My gaming background is DnD 3.0-.5, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and older White Wolf stuff. I've some random experience with d6 and other systems, but not much. I'm open to learning more, and pick things up pretty fast. I tend to lean more towards serious themes, but gallows humor and some ridiculosity isn't bad, either.

Anyway, thanks for the invite, and I look forward to finding my place with y'all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:52 pm

Welcome to this community. Hope you like building Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:51 am

Really glad to have you, Adam. You've got kindred spirits all up in this community. So, feel free to build as much as you like here; we've got folks from all over the globe (Japan, New Zealand, Germany, Canada, etc.) all down to game and have a good time.

I would suggest giving the recruitment thread a good once over to get in on any potential games. We had a DnD 5.0 game that sadly fell through, but there are still a lot of games you could get into.

If you have any homebrew content you want to post and have others check out, you can post in the "Workshop and Breeding Grounds" forum.
Back to top Go down
Theoretical

Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:07 pm

Hey Adam/Spoon,

Welcome to the community! As I mentioned on Line, the Wrath and Glory game, Path to Damnation hasn't started properly yet, and I could definitely use some extra players. If you're interested, I should be able to sort out everything you need to join in!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obsidian_Spoon

Obsidian_Spoon

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:54 am

This week is going to be damned hectic, but I am interested in Wrath and Glory. Should I pm you about it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theoretical

Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:32 am

Well, my week is also hectic!

I'll pm you with some information, but otherwise you should read the recruitment thread, then head to the game board and read whatever you feel like you need.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:35 am

Welcome Adam. Hope you enjoy your stay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theoretical

Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:38 am

Also, maybe, just maybe, your week can also be heretic?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackadder

blackadder

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:01 pm

Hi, I'm Luka. I found this forum by chance, while looking to read some 40k related RPG games. I was actually kind of nostalgic because few year ago I used to play play-by-post deathwatch and dark heresy (and some homebrew dnd) RPG with my friends. When I found this forum I was pleasantly suprised. Hopefully I'll play and contribute (or at least read Very Happy ) to some cool stories.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:07 pm

blackadder wrote:
Hi, I'm Luka. I found this forum by chance, while looking to read some 40k related RPG games. I was actually kind of nostalgic because few year ago I used to play play-by-post deathwatch and dark heresy (and some homebrew dnd) RPG with my friends. When I found this forum I was pleasantly suprised. Hopefully I'll play and contribute (or at least read Very Happy ) to some cool stories.

Hey Luka. Welcome aboard.

My name's Ian, though everyone here calls me Bob for obvious reasons. Take your pick Laughing

Happy to have you here. If you decide you want to join a game definitely check out the recruitment section. Probably could fit you in my dark heresy game as well if you were interested (it's called Blood Moon if you want to read up on it). But if you just want to read some RPG stories, that's cool too Very Happy

Herschel Brahe - Q'Sal Magister Immaterial
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackadder

blackadder

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:26 pm

bobarctor1977 wrote:
blackadder wrote:
Spoiler:

Hey Luka. Welcome aboard.

My name's Ian, though everyone here calls me Bob for obvious reasons. Take your pick Laughing

Happy to have you here. If you decide you want to join a game definitely check out the recruitment section. Probably could fit you in my dark heresy game as well if you were interested (it's called Blood Moon if you want to read up on it). But if you just want to read some RPG stories, that's cool too Very Happy

Thanks for the welcome. I am definitely interested in your DH game, but before jumping in I would like to read up on rules a bit (so I don't have to look everything up all the time) and on your game as well and generally think through what kind of character I would like to play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:35 pm

blackadder wrote:
Thanks for the welcome. I am definitely interested in your DH game, but before jumping in I would like to read up on rules a bit (so I don't have to look everything up all the time) and on your game as well and generally think through what kind of character I would like to play.

Sure thing, feel free to take your time. We're all 40k RPG veterans as well so we're happy to answer any questions you may have.

Herschel Brahe - Q'Sal Magister Immaterial
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackadder

blackadder

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:00 pm

bobarctor1977 wrote:
blackadder wrote:

Sure thing, feel free to take your time. We're all 40k RPG veterans as well so we're happy to answer any questions you may have.

O, I am quite knowledgeable about the rules, I've played deathwatch game for neary a year and its a similar system, but it is mostly for my benefit, so I'm not distracted by finding where some rule is while I'm writing my in-game post. But I'm sure something I can't find will come up eventually Smile and I'll be grateful for any help. Rules aside, I'm more interested in creating character that fits into the overall theme of 40k or specific game, so now I have some reading to do Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:03 pm

Fresh meat! I kid, I kid.

Welcome to the forums Luka!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:26 pm

Welcome as well! We've got a rogue-trader inspired DH2 game where we have an mechanicus explorator mission. Archmagos Augustus (my character) would certainly like to recruit more skilled magos.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:30 pm

Welcome to the forums, Luka!

Tell us a bit about yourself, if you don't mind. Where are you from? How long have you been gaming? etc.

Or don't... and just be really spooky.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:10 pm

Welcome Luka. Hope to see you in a game soon... I'm sure there are some games that could take more players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackadder

blackadder

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:28 pm

Thank you all for welcoming me. I'm sure it'll be interesting to play with you all. Smile

Iron and Metal wrote:
Welcome to the forums, Luka!

Tell us a bit about yourself, if you don't mind. Where are you from? How long have you been gaming? etc.

Or don't... and just be really spooky.

Well, as much as I'd like to be spooky...
I'm from Zagreb, Croatia. I've been gaming for quite some time, like 12-13 years. I played tabletop version of warhammer fantasy and 40k, but I also played a bit of RPG, as I said before. It was mostly ffg deathwatch and some DnD with my friends and I only played in play-by-post format. I really like warhammer 40k setting and that is my main interest. IRL, I'm agronomist and in the process of getting my masters degree in animal genetics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:38 pm

Welcome to the site! Sorry I'm late to the party, holidays and all.

I'm Nathan, though my username is fine too. Everyone's throwing their games in, but feel free to check the recruitment thread as well for any open games. Have fun, I hope you enjoy the site.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:09 pm

Welcome to the fun house!

Im Heath, or Syl if you prefer. I run the deathwatch and Dnd e5 games.

Animal genetics? One of my college teachers did that. Interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:38 am

Just want to say; "Welcome!" to everyone new coming in here. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   

Back to top Go down

Introductions!