A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Introductions!

Go down 
+65
Voyageur
callume26
KenKen
Aster
Benobo
Neriglissar
Jivik
evca7
Faanku
Tecumseh
Captain_Hoyt
hamhambone
Axtah
Unholy
Canis Dirus
Inquisition6
SoulofInfinity
Flelmo
guilersk
Caligula
NightingaleJ
moarhair
AbstractCloud1
GorumGamer
saturncomesbackaround
Iron and Metal
Murcurie
Thirsty
Thelonius
Lynata
owenstreetpress
FelicitousPsychicFerret
Grond
T.Bit
Willvr
thepooreconomist
DrunkCorsair
stevenart74
Pendraig
smguy
Urist
Kobras_Aquairre
Pyritefoolsgold
Chumpster
blackadder
Obsidian_Spoon
Solodice
Wendigo Bob
Litschi
Dresden
carterbeatsthedevil
Gurkhal
Grunt
kyouen
Morganatic
Theoretical
Sylphilis
MedicMarch
Riverwyld
bobarctor1977
Ariakor
Azza
DonQwaf
mruozu
Carnelian
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Unholy

Unholy

Introductions! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 9:10 am

Heyo! I'm Unholy, found this site through someone on Discord.

I've been involved in a few IRL tabletop games although none of them have, uh, ended well. Messy story. But yeah, PBP has been something I've been wanting to try out for a while now! I'm much better at portraying characters through text anyway, lol.

Especially if it involve Star Wars. I love Star Wars smh.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 1:13 pm

Welcome to the site! It's super dope seeing all these new usernames. I think you'll really find your niche in PbP. Everyone who is active on this site sure has; something about diving into the psyche of a character just translates so easily on here.

Enjoy! Please download LINE (free texting app) and we will get you set up on the Main OOC chat there. Most GMs also use it to have some semblance of "real time" communication with their players too. Shoot me an add on there. My username is "nemby"

Cheers!

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 4:52 pm

Welcome aboard Unholy!

he/him
Back to top Go down
Unholy

Unholy

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2020 2:17 pm

Thank you! I'll go download the app some time tonight.
Back to top Go down
Axtah

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2020 4:15 am

Hi all!
Im Ace! Im from Finland and have no excperience in roleplaying games but a big love for the wh40k lore!
And and a huge interest in roleplayin (in live also but for noe coz of life situation pBp seems best for me).
Soo, lets play Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2020 1:23 pm

Welcome Ace, great to have another player on board. Keep your eye on the recruitment thread found here https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com/f6-recruitment

It might be worth contacting the GMs in the various 40k games that are in progress as while they might not have an open recruitment thread they might still be open to another player.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2020 9:24 am

Ace, welcome! I second what Dave (Carnelian) just said. Your enthusiasm is extremely welcome.

To keep up to date on site stuff and general bullshitting, we recommend newbies to the site download the LINE app for their PC or smartphone. It's a free texting app that let's us stay in touch in more-or-less real time.

If you do so, add me and I will direct you to the appropriate chats. My screen name is "nemby"

Back to top Go down
hamhambone

hamhambone

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 12:42 pm

Hey all, I'm Jane, I was recruited to play in Thelonius' Silent Sun SWN campaign via Reddit. I've been playing RPGs for about 5 ish years now, mostly as a GM and mostly in person, so I'm excited to be a player in a pbp game!
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 12:44 pm

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
Thelonius

Thelonius

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 1:00 pm

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to having you in the game.
Back to top Go down
Captain_Hoyt

Captain_Hoyt

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 1:25 pm

Hi, I'm Kurt, and I started gaming about 40 years ago. There was a 25 year gap or so, and I started playing D&D again about 3 years ago. Last year, we found Stars Without Number. Where it seemed like D&D over the years had basically become a superhero game, I appreciated SWN for its ability for a character to be a regular dude.
So, Thelonius posted on Reddit about a PBP game (which also seemed really appealing), and I couldn't wait to try it out.
Our current SWN game stalled out thanks to COVID, which was really a shame. SWN really got the creativity moving again, much the way D&D did for me 40 years ago.
Thanks for letting me join -- can't wait to start!
Back to top Go down
Thelonius

Thelonius

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 1:55 pm

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure PbP will work for you, as it really caters to the creativity and character development, much more so than live games.
At least I think so :-)
Back to top Go down
Tecumseh

Tecumseh

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 11:05 pm

Hi all,

I got roped into this by Thelonius, same as hamhambone and captain_hoyt. This will be my sixth (?) play-by-post site, across which I'm in 10 games at the moment. I've been playing RPGs for about 35 years and PbP for 9 years now, so it would be fair to say this is one of my primary ways to procrastinate and goof off.

Tec
Back to top Go down
Thelonius

Thelonius

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 3:58 am

Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 1:04 pm

Super stoked to have so many new profiles on the forum. Welcome one and all!

Back to top Go down
Faanku

Faanku

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 3:53 pm

Hey guys, I've recently joined Thelonius' SWN game as Rena Young.
I'm from SE England, and been playing/running RPGs for a couple of decades now. Started out with D&D 3.0 like a lot of other people, and branched out into all sorts of systems since I discovered my passion for role-playing.

Looking forward to playing with you all!
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 4:44 pm

Welcome! Don't be afraid to check out our recruitment forum if you'd like to get in to any more games. Glad to see another experienced player join the site!
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 4:24 pm

I am loving all the new faces on the forums. Thanks for joining up and posting in here!

Back to top Go down
evca7

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 3:31 pm

Hi i exist.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 5:51 pm

evca7 wrote:
Hi i exist.

Introductions! - Page 6 Press-x-to-doubt-la-noire

Welcome thing that exists in our reality.

Iron and Metal and Jivik like this post

Back to top Go down
Jivik

Jivik

PostSubject: Introduction!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 12:04 pm

Hey, ya'll I'm Jivik, I've been playing ttrpg for around 2 years now on and off and I joined to play in the new brinkwood campaign. When I'm not playing ttrpgs you can usually find me either coding, longboarding, or playing Minecraft.
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 12:16 pm

Welcome aboard!

Jivik likes this post

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 12:48 pm

Jivik wrote:
Hey, ya'll I'm Jivik, I've been playing ttrpg for around 2 years now on and off and I joined to play in the new brinkwood campaign. When I'm not playing ttrpgs you can usually find me either coding, longboarding, or playing Minecraft.

Welcome Jivik. Glad to have someone else join the cult of PbP gaming!

Jivik likes this post

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2021 12:36 am

Jivik wrote:

Welcome! Check out the recruitment thread for open games Smile
Back to top Go down
Neriglissar

Neriglissar

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 1:11 am

Hello everyone, I'm Nerig. I played my first role-play pen and paper game in 1991. Games In order of me playing them are, Cyberpunk, Warhammer Fantasy (roll master conversion), Vampire the masquerade, DnD, Cult, Dark Heresy. Then I started to GM Gurps having created my own cross genera SciFi fantasy world. Iv'e been playing Warhammer games since the Rogue Trader days and I really like what the 40K world has developed into over the years. I have two 40k armies one Chaos Space Marines and one Death Guard. I enjoy PC games also, my fave of all time was Neverwinter Nights and I spent years role-playing in there.

I'm new to Play by post and have just completed my first character, a rather complicated young man called Lokar Bloodaxe. I was surprised to see so many views while it was in the Work in progress stage, it was very, very rough back then. It still is a bit rough around the edges but I consider it ready for play.

Looking forward to gaming with you guys.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 12:00 pm

Hey Nerig, welcome to the forum!

I think you'll fit in very well here. We have a lot of people with a very similar story - starting off pen and pad before finding Play by Post. It is a really nice medium for deep character development and story telling. It lacks the pace of a sit-down game, but I think you'll find it makes up for it in many other ways.

Great to have you!

Back to top Go down
Benobo

Benobo

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 9:16 pm

Hey guys my name is Ben, and I heard about this site through my brother, Murcurie, and have been interested in finding some online games to play, and have been interested in the play-by-post type style for a while. Hope to have some fun interactions with you guys and play some games! I've been playing mostly DnD 5e for a few years, since about 2018. I've recently been getting into Pathfinder thanks to Murcurie, and am always open to learn new TTRPG systems.
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 9:24 pm

He's lying, he still thinks this is a martial arts board.

Glad you made it bro. I may be willing to let you in to the DnD Eberron game, if you want. In the meantime, feel free to check the recruitment boards like we talked about, I'm sure there are plenty of games looking to get some fresh RP.

Benobo likes this post

Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2021 6:25 am

Welcome, Ben! Always glad to have new members. There's also a Discord server with channels for OOC chatter.

Shameless plug: I have a couple of games seeking players in the Recruitment thread.
Soulbound, the Age of Sigmar RPG, which should be a relatively short commitment as I'll be running the Starter Set module.
Brinkwood (TLDR: Robin Hood vs Vampires), where the players try to build a rebellion against tyrannical vampirical aristocracy. The rules are based on the Blades in the Dark system.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2021 10:45 am

Welcome, Ben! I love that Murc is finally pulling his entire family into his addiction. This is the way.

Back to top Go down
Aster

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 12:21 pm

Hi everyone! I'm Aster. I've been interested in TTRPGs for a few years, but never actually made an effort to find a game, partly because I wasn't able to make a steady commitment to a timetable due to irregular schedules in my personal life. Recently I decided to try play-by-post, not only because of its flexibilty but also to get the chance to elaborate on characters' thoughts and emotions in text form; I found a game (Faltering Light) run on this forum browsing on Reddit and decided to join. My first attempt was actually at a game of "De Profundis" elsewhere but the GM immediately ghosted so Introductions! - Page 6 1f615 (As a Lovecraft enthusiast I actually still like the idea quite a lot and plan on playing/DMing that system in the future).
On another note, math, programming, economics, literature, videogames (big Hidetaka Miyazaki lover here!), chess and learning new things in general are some random interests of mine.

PS:

Iron and Metal and moarhair like this post

Back to top Go down
KenKen

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2021 8:33 am

Hey all, I'm Ken. I've been playing TTRPGs for a while, but mostly as a GM and mostly not pbp, but I have been playing in moarhair's Faltering Light game as an experiment and it's been really fun! I am a college student and I don't have as much free time as I would like, but enough to be in a game or two every now and then. Thanks all for being so welcoming!

Iron and Metal and moarhair like this post

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2021 9:54 am

It's always so great to have awesome people join up and grow our community here. I got into PbP gaming for the same reasons more or less, Aster, and just fell in love with the way it goes. I have a friend running an Arkham Asylum game on another site (the site that I was first introduced to PbP as it stands). If you want those details let me know.

Welcome Ken! PbP and College go hand in hand haha. Glad to have you!

Back to top Go down
callume26

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 12:27 pm

Hello there! I'm Cal, and I've been a fan of TTRPGs for almost five years now. I'm a part of moarhair's Faltering Light game, which I knew I had to be a part of, since I've been a fan of Warhammer for more than a decade now! I'm also an avid reader (making my way through the Prose Edda), aspiring writer and gamer. Thank you all very much for the welcome, and I look forward to making a lot of friends here!

Iron and Metal likes this post

Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 5:58 am

Hey guys, I’ve been here for a while, used to play in person with iron and blood. Love all things table top. Been a struggle for a while balancing life and games etc , but hopefully can dip my toe in a game or 2.

Back to top Go down
Voyageur

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 4:52 am

Hello, I'm Voyageur.

I discover this forum after a long research on internet and after I found nothing in my native langage ( I'm french). I hope my english is not bad but don't hesitate to show and explain when I'm wrong. I want to be better.

I started Rp 15 years ago with long pause. It's not easy to find partners. I played a little d&d but my main univers was warhammer.

I hope to join you soon.

Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 9:29 am

Voyageur wrote:
Hello, I'm Voyageur.

I discover this forum after a long research on internet and after I found nothing in my native langage ( I'm french). I hope my english is not bad but don't hesitate to show and explain when I'm wrong. I want to be better.

I started Rp 15 years ago with long pause. It's not easy to find partners. I played a little d&d but my main univers was warhammer.

I hope to join you soon.

Salut voyageur! I'm in quebec myself. I run a rogue trader (warhammer 40k) game that has space for players if thats your thing. Otherwise, we got a ton of games running right now.
Back to top Go down
Voyageur

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 10:26 am

Wendigo Bob wrote:
Salut voyageur! I'm in quebec myself. I run a rogue trader (warhammer 40k) game that has space for players if thats your thing. Otherwise, we got a ton of games running right now.

Hourra un ami francophone ! cheers

I don't know much of Rogue trader. Just they are Space Merchant who have a charter, a spaceship in the imperium and the right to claim unknow world.
I don't know the system too. It's the same that Dark Heresy ? I playedit a little.
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 10:37 am

Bonjour et bienvenu, Voyageur! Peut-être qu'un jour on va être assez de francophones pour faire une partie en français Wink

In the meantime, don't worry about your English. It's not everyone's first language here and this will be a great place to practice!

Iron and Metal and Thelonius like this post

Back to top Go down
Voyageur

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 8:40 am

moarhair wrote:
Bonjour et bienvenu, Voyageur! Peut-être qu'un jour on va être assez de francophones pour faire une partie en français Wink

In the meantime, don't worry about your English. It's not everyone's first language here and this will be a great place to practice!

Ce serais pas mal en effet. Dans tout les cas merci pour l’accueil. ^^

Question: Does the forum have a discord server ?

Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 9:13 am

Yes. Here's a link: https://discord.gg/7Bt2rtYbr2
Back to top Go down
Voyageur

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 9:45 am

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Kallas

Kallas

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 6:38 am

Hey folks, Kallas here - I got a message from Pearl Iron and Metal about the current story in The Heart Collector and thought I'd come see how everything's going. Really glad to see that there's still so much happening here, that's truly awesome stuff Introductions! - Page 6 1f600
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 6:41 am

Welcome (back?) !
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 7:09 am

Oh shit! I knew those random ass messages I send out into the void to OGs had an effect!

Honestly, I had no idea, but I am super stoked to see that it got through, my dude. Welcome back to the site.

Back to top Go down
Kallas

Kallas

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 8:20 am

moarhair wrote:
Welcome (back?) !
Thanks! Smile (And yes, back - I didn't end up doing much here when I was last here, but I am from the predecessor forum)

Iron and Metal wrote:
Oh shit! I knew those random ass messages I send out into the void to OGs had an effect!

Honestly, I had no idea, but I am super stoked to see that it got through, my dude. Welcome back to the site.
The power of not changing email address for a long time!
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 11:34 am

Hey Kallas! Glad to have you back!
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:12 pm

Well would you look at that. Welcome back, Kallas.
Back to top Go down
Kallas

Kallas

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 3:22 pm

Solodice wrote:

Hello there Solodice, it's nice to see you still around!
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 3:29 pm

Kallas wrote:
Solodice wrote:

Hello there Solodice, it's nice to see you still around!

I also see you're using a particular piece of artwork for your avatar. I very much approve of it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Introductions!
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Community for Gamers, by Gamers :: Play-by-Post Gaming :: Introductions!-
Jump to: