A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Introductions!

Go down 
+65
Voyageur
callume26
KenKen
Aster
Benobo
Neriglissar
Jivik
evca7
Faanku
Tecumseh
Captain_Hoyt
hamhambone
Axtah
Unholy
Canis Dirus
Inquisition6
SoulofInfinity
Flelmo
guilersk
Caligula
NightingaleJ
moarhair
AbstractCloud1
GorumGamer
saturncomesbackaround
Iron and Metal
Murcurie
Thirsty
Thelonius
Lynata
owenstreetpress
FelicitousPsychicFerret
Grond
T.Bit
Willvr
thepooreconomist
DrunkCorsair
stevenart74
Pendraig
smguy
Urist
Kobras_Aquairre
Pyritefoolsgold
Chumpster
blackadder
Obsidian_Spoon
Solodice
Wendigo Bob
Litschi
Dresden
carterbeatsthedevil
Gurkhal
Grunt
kyouen
Morganatic
Theoretical
Sylphilis
MedicMarch
Riverwyld
bobarctor1977
Ariakor
Azza
DonQwaf
mruozu
Carnelian
69 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 9:33 am

How We Came to Be Here

Allow me to introduce myself and a brief history of our community. We got started back in 2013 when MrUozu created a freeforum for our sit-down gaming group. At the time, many of us lived, worked, and gamed in Japan. However, as people left to other parts of the world, the idea of play-by-post gaming became much more practical. The site was a huge success among our group with some 625 topics, 56 members, and a total of 52,911 posts.

Sadly, freeforums was recently purchased by tapatalk and the entire vibe of the forum changed. Specifically, accessibility and format became major issues for players across the board. Thus, this site was born.

We are a dedicated gaming community of hardcore and leisure gamers. We love the hobby and we want to share and interact with a community of like-minded individuals. So, whether or not you are an old-face around the forums or brand new, you have a place in this community. Use this thread to tell us as much or little about yourself as you are comfortable with: age, hobbies, geographical location, work, gaming experience, or anything else you'd like to mention.

About Me

My name is Jeff and I have been an active member of our gaming community since its onset. My first RPG experience was play-by-post DnD 3.5 gaming back in 2008, but I didn't have my first sit-down experience until 2013 in Japan. Since then gaming has become the hobby that keeps me level; I can't get enough of it. After finishing my tenure teaching in Japan, I moved back to California where I live with my wife. We both are attending graduate school currently and hope to graduate in 2018. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Cheers

Last edited by Iron and Metal on Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 1:39 pm

My name is Dave and I've been part of the community since 2015, which is my first real encounter with PbP. I've been a roleplayer since 1989 and started out with Warhammer Fantasy RPG and over the years have played many different systems such as DnD, Rolemaster, GURPS, Vampire the Masquerade to name but a few. I still GM pen and paper games and have recently run a Dark Heresy group. I'm also a keen PC gamer who likes playing anything from RPGs, FPS to strategy games. I've a wife of five years and son who is almost two years old.

Last edited by Carnelian on Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 6:44 pm

Heath Here. Ive been doing RPG and table top games since 2002. Been a member of Mrouzu's stuff since day one. Before that I was a part of a long running campaign on whrp.freeforums that fizzled out over the last few years.
I work nights here in America everyday, only getting one weekend off a month. Due to the nature of my job, I get most of my posting done at night, which works well with those in other countries.

Game on?
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 6:54 pm

Hello everyone, I'm Mark. I've been gaming since around 2006-2007, when I played my first game of DnD. Needless to say, I was hooked. Been gaming ever since. Currently, I live in Japan with my fiance and I teach kindergarten. I've moved a bit in the past few years, but now that I am settled, I'm ready to game as much as I can.
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptyMon Oct 23, 2017 7:13 am

Hey folks, I'm Nathan. I actually started roleplaying back in 3rd grade, where I read the DnD 3.5 core books for a daily reading assignment. I joined this group back in summer of 2014, after me and Pearl shared a mutual hatred of a particularly mediocre GM from another site. Currently, I'm wrapping up my degree in cell bio at a small uni in Michigan, from there I plan on moving to Canada and working in a small Zerocoin mining company me and some other friends have made. I love rpg's of all varieties, and I love learning new systems, helping with homebrews, and playing tons of games. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptyMon Oct 23, 2017 9:41 pm

Hey Nik here.

I joined i think 2014? maybe? i cant actually remember ha. But im an ALT in Japan and have always loved RPGs but it took me coming to japan to really find peeps who are into them as much as me! Loved doing this pbp and glad for the new forum and the new life it will bring!

LETS DO THIS!
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 4:30 am

Hey there Richard here. Been gaming since about 1999-2000 when I picked up the V:tM rulebook. I joined this group in 2014, spotting a post on the old FFG boards from Jeff and not having a group reliable enough to play sit down games with. I still search for the ever elusive consistent sit down players but I have to say I have never been part of a community quite like this one.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 12:46 pm

I love having the old breed back onto a site like the one from which we originated. It makes me super excited for an influx of new blood, ironically. If you guys have any gamer friends, get their asses over here.

Nik - how about the new blood in Toyama? Any of them gamers?

Mark - coworkers?

Nate - People on campus?

Let's build this empire.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
Ariakor

Ariakor

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 1:44 pm

Hi guys, I'm Michael. I've been playing RPGs since the mid-90s, having started with AD&D, then expanding into Shadowrun, Battletech and almost all Editions of D&D (except 4th) and World of Darkness as well as Vampire. Over the last few years, I also got to Play all of the Warhammer 40k RPs and a Little bit of Achtung Cthulhu. So my interests are rather varied and a bit unfocused;)

I'm living in Germany and, after having studied Sinology, I'm now working as a translator. Over the years, the opportunity to play RPGs shifted ever more from the table to playing online, since my old gaming group has become quite spread out. I joined this group earlier this year to take part in Lynata's Elite Dangerous game here and I hope we have a chance to continue that soon.

Aside from that game, I've not yet played much pbp, but since I regularly GM, I'd like to do some more online as well, if time Permits.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 2:06 pm

Welcome to the new site, Ariakor. We would love to have you GM something sometime. If you ever want to, make a post in the Recruitment thread to see if there is any interest for it and then we can get it going.

Cheers!

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 10:29 am

Hi all,

I'm Ian. I've been a Warhammer fan since my older cousin gifted my brother and I a huge box of Space Marine and Tyranid models when I was 8 or 9 years old. We fumbled our way through the rules playing a horribly incorrect version of the 3rd edition rules for a few years, and I later amassed a sizable force of Necrons for 4th-6th editions. The miniatures game is much too expensive now...I've been a huge fan of tabletop games for about 15 years as well, and have been playing pen and paper RPGs (almost exclusively 40k RPGs) for several years now. I'm almost always GM for my group, and have experience with Rogue Trader, Dark Heresy 2E, and Deathwatch.

However, I'm totally new to PBP, and it strikes me as an entirely different beast. Besides, I was never a great GM when it came down to the nitty-gritty details of a game...so I'm hoping to try a game as a player here. I'm most excited about the prospect of playing games with more experienced GMs than myself as well as other Warhammer fans - in my games I'm usually the only one with any prior knowledge or experience with the 40k universe.

I work as a writer here in lovely Michigan, where I grew up and went to school.

Nathan, what university are you studying at? Small world...

Cheers!

he/him
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 10:45 am

Fancy that, I also work as a writer here in freeze-your-nads-off Michigan. I study at Lawrence Tech in Southfield.

Have you ever read All Guardsman Party? It sounds like it would be a fun way to introduce players to a WH setting, but everyone here already knows the tricks so I never had the chance to use it
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 10:48 am

That's crazy. I live in Ann Arbor, but my folks are from Livonia, so I spend a fair amount of time near your neck of the woods. Where do you work?

I haven't, but I have caught snippets of it on the 40krpg subreddit. It sure does sound interesting, though as a GM, I strongly prefer to have a hard copy of the rulebooks...and I missed the boat with OW :/

We've had fun with the other games, though. I've managed to turn them all onto the setting, even if they learn all the lore from my crude explanations.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 11:00 am

I work for a small game studio, I'm under an NDA so I can't really talk about it, but I write scenes for a game.

I've been to Ann Arbor a few times, love the atmosphere over there. Small world indeed.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 4:52 am

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you here and hopefully we can get you into a game soon!
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 1:10 pm

Welcome bobarc, were a pretty tight nit group here but are always looking for new players. I too have been playing since late 3e and have an army for every edition released since then. Pbp is quite different than a typical game, its much slower paced, but the quality is much better as far as im concerned. Its less of a "hit them with your statline" and more of a "What would my PC really do/think/say/feel" type of game. Its infinitely more rewarding.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 4:41 pm

bobarctor1977 wrote:
Hi all,

I'm Ian. I've been a Warhammer fan since my older cousin gifted my brother and I a huge box of Space Marine and Tyranid models when I was 8 or 9 years old. We fumbled our way through the rules playing a horribly incorrect version of the 3rd edition rules for a few years, and I later amassed a sizable force of Necrons for 4th-6th editions. The miniatures game is much too expensive now...I've been a huge fan of tabletop games for about 15 years as well, and have been playing pen and paper RPGs (almost exclusively 40k RPGs) for several years now. I'm almost always GM for my group, and have experience with Rogue Trader, Dark Heresy 2E, and Deathwatch.

However, I'm totally new to PBP, and it strikes me as an entirely different beast. Besides, I was never a great GM when it came down to the nitty-gritty details of a game...so I'm hoping to try a game as a player here. I'm most excited about the prospect of playing games with more experienced GMs than myself as well as other Warhammer fans - in my games I'm usually the only one with any prior knowledge or experience with the 40k universe.

I work as a writer here in lovely Michigan, where I grew up and went to school.

Nathan, what university are you studying at? Small world...

Cheers!

Hey there, Ian! Welcome to the site, man. It is always great to get new blood on here and there are plenty of experienced GMs (much like yourself) to get settled in with as a player. How did you come across our site?

And don't worry about PbP. It is a very easy beast to wrangle.

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 8:48 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome, everybody! I'm excited to get stuck in Very Happy

In response to Iron and Metal, I actually found it while digging through the 40k RPG subreddit. I've been subscribed to that subreddit for a while, and saw someone mention your old forums there, figured I'd check it out, saw you had moved here and so forth.

Even though I'm currently GMing a game of Deathwatch in real life, I'm very excited to try a 40k RPG with some other 40k nuts, as well as try PBP.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 8:57 pm

That's awesome. That was most likely me; my old handle was Pearldrum1 and I only recently changed it when we made the switch. I have only recently moved back to California from Japan and with everthing going on IRL, I only have time to run one game which is currently full, unfortunately.

But when time clears up, I am hoping to transfer over my other two games. One is a Deathwatch game taking place in the "current" timeline and the other is an all-tau special forces game using a heavily modified version of the Rogue Trader rules. Sound good??

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 7:22 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
with everthing going on IRL, I only have time to run one game which is currently full, unfortunately.

But when time clears up, I am hoping to transfer over my other two games. One is a Deathwatch game taking place in the "current" timeline and the other is an all-tau special forces game using a heavily modified version of the Rogue Trader rules. Sound good??

No worries. Sounds like Solodice is getting me set up in their Black Crusade game.

Those both sound badass. Would be especially interested in the DW game - though I'm curious what you mean by "current." Do you mean the new lore from 8e, what with the whole Great Rift and Dark Imperium? Or just the 40k we knew and loved for the past few years?

he/him
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 11:31 pm

I also have a DW game that will be migrating here from rpng when the mission is done, or at least in a more appropriate point. Im always looking for new players.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 1:30 am

Sylphilis wrote:
I also have a DW game that will be migrating here from rpng when the mission is done, or at least in a more appropriate point. Im always looking for new players.

And we have Khol in that game who could be picked up by another player in the interim?

oh, and welcome bobarctor Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 7:30 am

bobarctor1977 wrote:

Those both sound badass. Would be especially interested in the DW game - though I'm curious what you mean by "current." Do you mean the new lore from 8e, what with the whole Great Rift and Dark Imperium? Or just the 40k we knew and loved for the past few years?

Well, when the game started the Dark Imperium and awakening of Roboute and all that hadn't happened yet. So the game was taking place in the last "current" timeline - 999.m41 - which is about 180 years ahead of the Deathwatch setting. I'm not sure now whether or not I am going to keep that or retcon it to be Dark Imperium. The Tau game also started before they released the Dark Imperium and it actually took place a couple of years into Millenium 42 with the Tau having gained a much stronger foothold in the Eastern Fringe. I'm sure I will integrate the Dark Imperium into that game no problem.

Back to top Go down
Riverwyld

Riverwyld

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 3:51 pm

Hi! I'm Miles aka Riverwyld. I've been gaming since 1987, starting with Basic D&D. I've run and played games in a wide range of systems, from Champions to Wraith: The Oblivion. I've always been a tabletop player, but a few years back I moved to rural western Washington, and now forming a group and attending a regular game has become much more complicated and expensive, so I thought I'd give PbP a try. I'd like to play in a game, and eventually run my own.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 5:44 pm

River! What's up, man. Glad we could get that sorted. I am Pearldrum from reddit. Stoked to have you here. You can check out the recruitment thread to find GMs looking for players. Other than that, I believe Solodice has openings in his Black Crusade game currently and Carnelian may have an opening in his Warhammer fantasy game.

Again, WELCOME TO THE PARTY, PAL.

Back to top Go down
MedicMarch

MedicMarch

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 7:04 pm

Hey all, I’m Der Wolfman aka Medicmarch (reddit). Iron convinced me to come check it out. I’m from Louisiana and currently live in Texas. Big fan of 40k fluff, and am just dipping my toe into the tabletop.

I played the old Star Wars RPG, DND 3rd, and Shadowrun back in High school (1999-2003) but haven’t played since. Looking forward to getting back into it.

I haven’t rolled up a PC yet, but am looking forward to getting started.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 7:07 pm

Really glad you made it over, Medic.

Both you and River should download the LINE app whenever you get a chance. It really helps keep us all in touch and allow our games (and mostly bullshitting) to go smoothly. Once you get it, you can add me by username: nemby

Let's see, other than that let's see if we can get you into a game. Azza, one of the members here, ran an awesome Star Wars RPG on the old site. I legit miss that game; it was so fun.

Back to top Go down
MedicMarch

MedicMarch

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 7:13 pm

Thanks. I know time is Valuable but I was hoping one of the GMs could run a short scenario if we have enough new people to try one out just to get used to game mechanics. I don’t have low self-esteem or anything, I just don’t want to bog down an established game or muddy the narrative with noob questions.

Sent from Topic'it App

Edit: I am now also live on LINE
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 7:19 pm

Hey, Noob-ass questions are absolutely OK here.

Did you have a system you’re comfortable with that you’d like to run a small play test with?

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down
MedicMarch

MedicMarch

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 7:27 pm

It’s been a good 13 or so years since I’ve played - honestly I’d like to run a short 40K scenario if possible.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 9:19 pm

Welcome both of you.

Always exciting to get new blood in here.
Back to top Go down
Theoretical

Theoretical

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 7:43 pm

Hi all!

I'm Theoretical / Theo. I saw a post while lurking the w40rpg reddit, and decided that to join! I'm an avid W40k fan, having played tabletop back in 4th edition, (before leaving in 6th), and have been working through the Horus Heresy book series.

I've had experience GMing a wide assortment of rule sets, and while I'm working on an Only War campaign, I haven't had a chance to play in any W40k rpg games as of yet. Also, I'm usually the GM for my group, and I haven't had much chance to be a player. I hope that I'm able to fix both of these things here!

As I'm from Australia, I'm expecting to have some time issues. On the other hand, I keep pretty weird hours, so hopefully I'm not too far out.

I look forward to playing some games!
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 7:52 pm

No worries about time issues at all! Welcome to the community. We’ve had a recent influx of some awesome new players and it sounds like you’re ready to carry on this new year tradition.

If you haven’t seen it yet, we use the LINE smartphone app to keep a sort of living-OOC chat for the community. Then from there GMs can make their own group chats for their players to keep them up to date.

Once you get it, add me: nemby

Thanks for stopping by. I’m stoked to game with you.

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 11:50 pm

Said it on line already, but welcome!

This is truly a community, weve all been playing together for years and dont plan to stop any time soon.
Back to top Go down
Morganatic

Morganatic

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 5:16 am

Hi folks!

I’m Morganatic/Ella - like Theo, another person lured in by the 40krpg reddit!

I’m a big 40k fan - I haven’t played the tabletop in ages, but have been running a DH2e game for some friends until recently, and do a lot of crewing/helping out for a 40k LARP that runs near me. I particularly like prop-making - I’m quite a craft-y (but not crafty) person, so the OTT 40k aesthetic is a gift.

Looking forward to playing some games! Smile
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 5:34 am

Welcome to the new blood Smile
Back to top Go down
Theoretical

Theoretical

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 5:48 am

Thanks for all the welcomes, here and on the chat!.

Welcome as well to my fellow newbie!
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 6:28 am

Welcome Theo and Morgan. Glad to have you both!

Sent from Topic'it App

he/him
Back to top Go down
MedicMarch

MedicMarch

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 6:32 am

Welcome y’all. I’m new here too.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 10:45 pm

oooooo. Dh2

The Memories.....
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 6:04 am

Welcome everyone! Nice to see some new blood.
Back to top Go down
kyouen

kyouen

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptySat May 26, 2018 2:21 am

Hi. I'm part of the Japan crowd. I've played Vampire, Stars without Number, and a one shot DND. On the old site I wrote for Plague Days. Hoping to start that up again!
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptySat May 26, 2018 3:53 am

Welcome back.
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptySat May 26, 2018 7:37 am

Welcome back!
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptySat May 26, 2018 8:26 am

Belcome wack!

Back to top Go down
Grunt

Grunt

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptyTue May 29, 2018 3:38 am

From Iron and Metal: Original post accidentally eaten by an over-excited admin who apparently cannot tell the difference between the words "quote" and "edit."
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptyTue May 29, 2018 5:11 am

Welcome Alex! Hope we can get you into some games soon!
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptyTue May 29, 2018 5:27 am

Welcome, grunt. Awesome to see a player here with so much experience with 40k and other RPGs!

Have you read much about wrath & glory yet?

Sent from Topic'it App

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptyTue May 29, 2018 8:00 am

Alex, welcome to the site. We are just as stoked to have you as you are of finding this place. So, thanks again for making a profile and an introduction.

If you haven't already read the Forum Rules thread, go and have a quick look. It is all basic stuff, but that will give you the rundown on how we operate here. The Sparknotes version is as follows: everyone be cool to everyone, if you want to run a game make a post in the Recruitment thread to see if there is any interest, and have a good time.

We also have a killer homebrew discussion area that I would love to see more action in. I would be especially keen on checking out your 30k Deathwatch Adaptation rules. Ever since Bob posted his master-level enemy "The Communion" I have been chomping at the bit for more material. You can check all that stuff out here: The Workshop/Breeding Ground.

Other than that, feel free to hit any of us with any questions you may have.

Cheers!

EDIT: So, I accidentally hit "Edit" instead of "Quote" and completely replaced your original post, Grunt. I will go commit seppuku shortly.

Back to top Go down
Grunt

Grunt

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! EmptyTue May 29, 2018 9:30 am

Thank you all for the warm welcome! No worries about the accident with the post, that stuff happens. Again, I feel very welcomed though a bit overwhelmed, tempted to start running a game if there are people interested though I'm still trying to figure how to do all the rules stuff, first time in a forum!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introductions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! Empty

Back to top Go down

Introductions!
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Community for Gamers, by Gamers :: Play-by-Post Gaming :: Introductions!-
Jump to: