A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)

Go down 
+7
Mac_tonite
Iron and Metal
Hydrako
Sylphilis
DonQwaf
Azza
Murcurie
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2020 4:19 am

If possible, Stubbs would like to try and use the Push Action for grappled opponents and see if he can push one of them into the other. Maybe make them fall down. Or at least get taken out of action for a bit.

Opposed Strength Test: <47 - 10 (Fatigue) = <37: 16, so 4 DoS?

https://orokos.com/roll/820516

It says I can push 1 meter and then another meter per DoS up to my half move. So if my opposed wins, then I will push him towards the closest one. If that doesn't work, then I'll push him towards the next closest.

IC: Stubbs got 'em. He be pushin' down hard wit all his might on da arms of da mutie. He roars with delight at the feelin' of combat yet again. Much betta than bein' a bitch on tha ground.

Gotta take some more out da action.

He be positionin' tha fether tha right way and then jus' like a damn train runnin' on nuthing but bein' pissed off, Stubbs be tryin' ta ram him into tha otha fetha.

"WOO WOO ALL ABOARD!"
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2020 2:27 pm

Heavy Stubber crew take a full round to turn the weapon around and face the new threat.

Fireteam turns (1/2) and fire at the clearest threat: Ru.
BS 35 +20 (distance/formation bonus) +0 (volley fire): BS 55: 1d100 55/1 DoS/Doubles = hits Uallachan

Ruaidhri's attempt to pull Uallachan out of the way (Dodge): Dodge 56: 1d100 99

Uallachan Status: WOUNDED
- One more hit will kill him.

Dohmnall, IC as you will.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2020 4:01 pm

Stubbs is currently outnumbered 4-to-1, so I gave the opposed roll a +30 to mutant strength to recognize the three others helps. Rolled a natural 100. https://orokos.com/roll/820626

Stubbs definitely gets to push all 4 on their asses.

Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2020 6:10 pm

Cessia is going to follow Rhone once she sees him pass by!

IC:
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2020 10:27 pm

Half action unlock cuffs
https://orokos.com/roll/820758 - 48 vs 58 (2dos)
Half action stand up
Free action draw patu (quick draw)

Ic
Wiremu has the key in his hand and is ready to wait for an opportunity when Stubbs throws 4 guys on their asses.

Taking a breath he calmly navigates the key to the lock and manages to unlock it without fucking it up.

Thank you Stubbs..., he thinks to himself.

He holds in a groan as he moves to stand up into a couch in front of the truck and slips his patu from where it was tucked in his belt, thanking his ancestors that it was still there.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 2:07 am

Reposting as there is a slight change to my tentative action...

Unloading three barrels at one of the mutants handling the heavy stubber
Standard +10, half aim +10 (Jules has photo goggles so no pen for darkness)
https://orokos.com/roll/820471 = 46 vs 53, 2 dos
Damage
https://orokos.com/roll/820472 = 21 dmg

IC
Fuck, they're turning it around.

Jules grits her teeth and holds forth her shotgun aiming it at the fireteam, the three barrels unload simultaneously with a almighty boom that rattles her teeth and starts a ringing in her ears.

Gotta be sure right.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 2:32 am

Strength test to wrestle a weapon from the closest one pushed back.

Strength 47 + 10 (Test) - 10 (Fatigue) = <47: 5, 6 DoS.

https://orokos.com/roll/820833

IC: Stubbs didn't be countin' on it tha he be able ta push dem fethas back. Nah, he damn well thought dey be outnumberin' him a hell of a lot more. It jus' supposed ta be a distraction and the like. But shit, sumthin' came through him. From the shitty situation, to tha mishap with the arbites, and den dem not playin' Petra right. And now deez damn mutie fethas gon done and did it. A surge o' powah frum tha big man had put dem all back on dey asses.

Stubbs be seein' a weapon in da hands o' tha closest one. He had ta be gettin' his ass a weapon. Cause damn if he hadn't been needin' sumthin' frum tha start. The big man, still surgin' from tha knockdowns, lashes out quick-like towards tha closest one's weapon, doin' his best ta rip it from the mutie's stunned hands.
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 3:51 am

For the hit on Ruaidhri and Uallachan- I think the test should have an additional -40. -10 for being weedy and -30 for being still last turn and wearing their Chameleoline cloaks.

Ruaidhri IC
With his gun brought up to his shoulder, Ruaidhri had been surveying the fire team, waiting for any change in their disposition. His sight was on the head of one of the mutants. It would be so easy to just pull the trigger now, but he had to wait.If they could get as many of the team up here and then spring...

And then Jules made a noise getting down on the roof. As heads started to turn, Ruaidhri immediately snapped off his shot into the same turning head. As he looked for a new target the team opened up on them, causing his next shot to fly over their heads. Concentrate you bastard, he thought as he tried to bring his sight into line again.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 11:31 am

Thanks, Domhnall for pointing that out. I had forgotten. I am going to rule in the future that PC gear won't also extend to comrades. For example, while it does help Uallachan now since only a successful roll of doubles vs a PC hits the Comrade, if an enemy targeted Uallachan specifically, he would not benefit from the -30 for Chameleoline cloak, if that makes sense; however, a comrade would have to be a rather special kind of douchebag to be specifically targeted by an enemy... maybe not a relief given who Uallachan is. Lol

OK, that's a miss.

Dave is targeting the Gunner who is the defacto Overseer of this small roof group, meaning he gets a reaction.
Dodge 40: 1d100 45/2 DoF
Gunner gets obliterated.

Voice is really tired of Wiremu and Stubbs' shit. Original target was Stubbs, but Wiremu jumped up right in her line of sight: 1/2 move west, 1/2 action terrify
Terrify vs Wiremu: WP 61 +20 (psy rating 2) +10 (psy focus) -10 (test) TN 81
Terrify 81: 1d100 15/8 DoS

Need an opposd WP for Wiremu. On failure, need 1d100+20

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 3:12 pm

Rook will finish off the lock and then half move to the bed to shift it for next turn.

IC
Rook and Jacjonson continued to work on the lock of the door with the blowtorch mechanism. The lock was ruby and the metal began to run like thick melted wax. Another second and the bolt in the door was soft enough for Rook to easily push the door open with his spare hand. The torch light went out as Jacjonson retreated under Rook's robes and the tech priest approached the bed. From this position he wasn't able to see the other stubber, but if he moved the bed to the window he might have enough angle to open fire on it again
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 1:10 am

Tentative action, can I...
- release my shotgun from right hand (so its still held by left hand) - free action?
- draw my auto pistol - half action
- full auto pin - half action
Back to top Go down
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 8:23 am

Half action to Inspire +10 dodge was no success.
https://orokos.com/roll/821104

Still ordering covering fire for a +10.

Two of the autoguns are going upstairs to assist Rook. The other two autoguns are coming to provide covering fire into the alley, along with four Flamboyants. Cuck is staying in the lobby to hammer fuck and command the other Flamboyants who are providing overwatch towards the front door. Using this massive group as two squad size elements is going to be more effective than a blob of bodies. Goal is to activate the Ashigaru, give Kenji direction and then send more autoguns to the Westin, and reinforce the lobby.

IC:

Glancing over at Cuck, Rhône speaks low, reassuring the brute that he’d still have his chance to die properly.

“They’ll be coming through those front doors and you’ll get to split their skulls when they do. Give me two minutes and four men and I’ll be back with the noodle knights. When I get back, we’re going to find a way around and take it from behind.”

Rhône turns to Cessia, and nods. He was calm and the question came as all business, but deep down there was genuine concern .

“Rook alive still?”

Finally, Rhône addresses the group.

“We’re on our way to get up close and personal with the enemy. You two, upstairs and provide covering fire from the second floor.  You boys hold here and maintain overwatch on the front doors. They WILL be coming through, and when they do, I want them to face a wall of buckshot. The rest of you, expect contact in the alley. We breach those doors and move slow and controlled into the alley. if you see enemy, I want those autoguns suppressing and the rest of you lining up kill shots. Our destination is the shop across the street. Emperor protect us, or stay the hell out of our way. Let’s go, move, move, move!!!”

Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 11:05 am

From Nik:

Terror IC

Wiremu is crouching, patu in hand waiting for a chance to attack, when he notices something in his hand.
As he looks down he sees his patu...or what looks like it...starts to writhe and squirm in his hand, and slowly start to envelope his hand.
He tries to throw it down, to shake it off, but it seems to just keep creeping over his hand and arm.
The panic wells up as it moves further and further up, moving closer and closer to his face...

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 11:07 am

Carnelian wrote:
Tentative action, can I...
- release my shotgun from right hand (so its still held by left hand) - free action?
- draw my auto pistol - half action
- full auto pin - half action

Yes.
Yes.
No - suppression is a full round action. Furthermore, keeping hold of the triple barrel in your off hand while attempting a full auto shot in your right will incur an additional -10 penalty to hit.

Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 11:20 am

A quick response from Cessia to Rhones question!

IC:
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 11:41 am

Mac_tonite wrote:
Half action to Inspire +10 dodge was no success.
https://orokos.com/roll/821104

Still ordering covering fire for a +10.

Two of the autoguns are going upstairs to assist Rook. The other two autoguns are coming to provide covering fire into the alley, along with four Flamboyants. Cuck is staying in the lobby to hammer fuck and command the other Flamboyants who are providing overwatch towards the front door. Using this massive group as two squad size elements is going to be more effective than a blob of bodies. Goal is to activate the Ashigaru, give Kenji direction and then send more autoguns to the Westin, and reinforce the lobby.

This works. For ease of GM stuff, Flamboyants and Civs all have Ag Bonus 3. So movement is 3/6/9/18m for reference. Since they all have to half move to even get to the door, they will all be about 3m into the alley at the end of the turn. This follows the "slow and controlled" aspect of the order. The implication seems to be that Flamboyants lead so that the Civs can cover fire if need be. So, that's what I am going with.

One Flamboyant will 1/2 move to door and 1/2 open. Allowing the other three to 1/2 move to door and 1/2 move out into the alley. Followed by the Civilians, then Cessia (I assume since her initiative is up before Rhone's next), and finally Rhone.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 12:01 pm

Mutants stand and 1/2 engage melee with Stubbs with their autorifle butts.
WS 30 +30 (standard/ganging up) TN 60; 2 hit, but Stubbs soaks the damage, so I won't ask for a reaction. Normally, I wouldn't do this, but I would rather update than await a response for a GM GOTCHA moment (as reacting would cause you to lose the grapple).

Heavy Stubber load 1/2 move to work the weapon, 1/2 full auto at Jules.
BS 35 +10 (range) -10 (full auto); 67 vs 35/5 DoF
https://orokos.com/roll/821142

Fire Team Volley Fire Command
BS 35 +40 (distance/formation bonus/prone/aim); 84 v 75/2 DoF
https://orokos.com/roll/821145

These dudes deserve to die after that piss poor show lol

EDIT: SORRY, Forgot the damn overwatch trigger. Flamboyants leaving the Westin via the alley trigger overwatch from a portion of Mutant Squad 1.
BS 35 +20 (formation size) -10 (test) <45; rolled 64/failboat
https://orokos.com/roll/821150

Cessia is up!

Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 12:36 pm

Cessia is going to use her turn to look through the camera feeds of the alley Rhone was commanding his 'troops' to enter and then call out the locations of the people she sees on those cameras!

IC:
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 4:59 pm

Ruaidhri OOC-
Shooting at the one remaining Heavy weapon team. Head shot (due to free Called shot)

BS 51 +20 (Uallachan aim) +10(half range) +10 (single shot) +10(accurate gives if also aimed)
-10 (Bad light)

Rolled 5 https://orokos.com/roll/821280

Damage- 3d10+3 +3(Mighty Shot) +5(Las weapon mastery)

= 25 damage to the head.

Linguistics test
Int 35 +10
Rolled 11 https://orokos.com/roll/821301

5 DoS

Ruaidhri IC
The heavy gun suddenly spoke up, heavy shells exploding out towards Jules. She didn't seem hurt, but there was no way they could leave that gun operational on the roof. Uallachan obviously had the same immediate  thought, and as the spotter whispered, Ruaidhri found the lone remaining member of the heavy weapons team, and squeezed a shot at her head.

Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed Kaylith making her way to the door on the roof. Keeping his eyes on the remaining mutants left alive, he called over.
"If possible see if you can jam or lock the door. We don't want any more coming up to join us."

His voice was calm and relaxed as he spoke. While some soldiers needed, or indeed benefited from adrenaline or any other combination of drugs pumping through their systems, a sniper needed ice in their veins. Sometimes taking the best shot meant waiting. Waiting long beyond what felt sensible or safe.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 04, 2020 7:32 am

Changing my plan as my compact auto pistol isn't all that at any kind of range, which is compounded further by them being prone.

Full action move into cover of the pipes on the roof.

IC
Jules literally almost shat her pants as the heavy stubber bullets whizzed by her and chewed up the roof, it was a miracle that not one bullet had touched her. She knew she was pushing her luck and those pipes started to look more appealing. Head down she made a run for cover.

Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 10:31 am

Terror IC:

Wiremu’s desperately tries to shake this...thing ... off his hand, thinking...knowing it can’t be real, but his mind can not grasp it and the terror that had taken seed in his mind consumes him.

The things that had been his patu and now was some amorphous blob crawling up his arm...the deep green tendrils winding there way up over his shoulder towards his face and neck...
Wiremu has crumpled to the ground, panicked whimpering drowned out by the shouting and gunfire.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 1:54 pm

Voice is now really tired of Stubbs' shit. 1/2 move North West, 1/2 action terrify
Terrify vs Stubbs: WP 61 +10 (psy rating 3) +10 (psy focus) -10 (test) TN 71
Terrify 71: 1d100 14/7 DoS

Mark, it is extremely unlikely Stubbs will be able to resist this. However, because he has resisted once already, I am going to allow a +20 on his WP to resist. You have to beat 7 DoS. On a failure, if you choose not to use fate to re-roll, roll me 1d100+30.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 2:31 pm

Half move onto the bed and sneak up to the window and + delay. If I can't get the delay triggered by Rook's next, turn since the top of initiative moves quite quickly, I'll have him trigger it and brace the stubber on the window and then IC it on his turn

IC
As Rook was moving the bed to the window, he saw a body through the window fall from above and crash wetly on the ground. Doing a quick triangulation with data from his memcore, that body had likely come from the stubber team on the roof across from his position. There was only one reason that a body from that emplacement would be falling backwards over the edge and that was if it was being assaulted. As he slithered onto the mattress on his stomach, he glanced at the opposite roof, hoping to confirm his suspicions. No shots came his way, so he had to assume the weapon was being neutralised. Excellent. The infiltration team has found them he thought as he pulled the weapon up to make ready to brace on the windowsill...
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 4:11 pm

Fearless wouldn't help at all either would it?

Well Stubbs didn't resist it. It was close, but he was almost able to do it. Got 5 DoS.

https://orokos.com/roll/822004

Rolled a 98 total for the fear roll.

I think that means I begin to flee from the source of the fear.

https://orokos.com/roll/822008

Which way to flee: 2, to the east.

https://orokos.com/roll/822009
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 5:09 pm

Going to rule that Fearless would add an additional +10 to resist the WP, but this is a bit different than Stubbs encountering a scary sight on the battlefield, etc. She is literally opening up his mind and planting terror inside of it.

Stubbs will head 18m to the East. He's still got that autogun though lol

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 12:23 am

I like that Fearless helps a bit. I forgot my fatigue as well, so it would have just canceled that in any case.

Will Stubbs be able to test at the end of his action this round, or beginning of next turn? Sorry don't have the books in front of me.

I'll get an IC up for Stubbs running away hopefully later today.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 3:48 pm

Release right hand from shotgun - free action
Draw auto pistol - half action
Standard attack closest prone guy - half action
-10 prone, +10 standard
https://orokos.com/roll/822348 = 79 vs 43, miss

Dodge pipe bomb. wtf!
https://orokos.com/roll/822351 = 28 vs 46, 3 dos

IC
Jules wanted to duck down and reload her shotgun, thats what her instincts demanded of her. But she would be leaving the Ratlings exposed and that also wouldn't do, she felt some responsibility towards them, a desire to bring them back alive for Rhone. Releasing the stock of the shotgun she pulls her auto pistol and snapped off a pot shot at the enemy, with no time to steady herself she wasn't a great shot so unsurprisingly but also disappointingly it missed. Besides she was half distracted by what looked like some sort of grenade being thrown her way...

Last edited by Carnelian on Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 4:17 pm

IC: Stubbs be gettin' a gun and da damn feelin' o' tha thang made him be feelin' elated as feth. It was workin', Barb was be gettin' him closuh ta helpin' out. To not layin' down and bein' out da fight. It be workin'.

And den, it waddn't no mo.

The shockwave of fear be hittin' Stubbs like a ton of rockcrete. He shivered as it invaded his mind. And the big man felt a sickness that started in his mind and went all da way down to his toes.

In the direction of da voice, he could be seein' it once again, bright as day. The execution, her body fallin' down. But dis time, it waddn't just Barb. Nah it be da whole squad. Lookin' at him wit lifeless eyes, but dey mouths be movin'.

Failure. It's your fault. Stupid. Idiot. Gettin' us killed like that.

They were all sayin' it. He looked down da line and saw dat even Rhone, tha last one ta be standin', was sayin' it jus' like da others.

He had ta get away from it. He had to get to safety. He had to run.
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 5:21 pm

Cessia gives updates!

IC:
Back to top Go down
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 9:10 pm

Speak to Ashigaru 4 DOS

https://orokos.com/roll/822363

Half action Inspire BS+10 (Heroic inspiration)

https://orokos.com/roll/822450

Just made it.

Half action (Rapid reload) load incendiary bolt rounds.

-Directing three gangers near dumpster to half action aim and fire.

-Direct two civs and one ganger to move up into cover behind the dumpster and delay overwatch down the alley. (Trigger is open fire on any enemy advancing down the alley.)

IC:

“Ashigaru! Friendlies! Prepare for enemy contact from the north!”

Rhône kept it vague as to not give the enemy too much useful information. If the enemy advanced down the alley, they could potentially be trapped between Rhône’s rag-tag crew and the Ashigaru. Like shooting groxes in a...Rhône was really beginning to feel like too many analogies relied on the quadruped beasts.

“Alright, you heard the lady, expect big company coming our way. You three in the rear, move in and dig in behind that dumpster and maintain overwatch for when that thing shows up. We have allies to the north across the street at the noddle shop, so watch your fire.  You two with the autoguns, listen up. Deep breath in and aim. Exhale slow and controlled while you squeeze the trigger. Brace yourself and act as if you’re going to scare the boom before it scares you! Got it!? Now the three of you, put some slugs into those enemies, would ya? Mind the drop on that solid round. I’d say you’re looking at about twenty meters.”

Finally Rhone turns to Cessia. Pulling the magazine from his weapon, Rhône stores it in his web-gear, before producing another magazine marked with an orange  stripe. The Sergeant kisses the magazine before slamming it into the weapon and chambering a round.

“Statement....designee: Miss personality...Good work. We’re moving into that alley next. Keep me updated on enemy movements.”

Rhône winked, knowing damn well the gesture would go over her head.

Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2020 11:25 am

Flamboyants volley fire at mutants:

BS 25 +20 (range/aim) +15 (formation bonus) -10 (darkness) TN 50; rolled 75 https://orokos.com/roll/822786

Mutant Squad 2: Run (-20 BS vs them) to link up with their Overseer E1.

Fireteam:
- mutant 1 suppression v Ruaidrhi/Jules: BS 35 +10 range -20 suppression TN 25; 71/big fail for hitting. Need -20 Pin test for Ru/Jules.
https://orokos.com/roll/822790
- Mutant 2 Pipe Bomb: BS 35 +10 (standard attack) -10 (range) -10 (prone throw - not RAW but makes sense) TN 25; 17/hit
Damage: 10, pen 0, Blast 4
https://orokos.com/roll/822792
https://orokos.com/roll/822793

Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2020 11:54 am

Cessia continues relaying information as it happens thanks to her camera view of the battle.

IC:
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2020 2:27 pm

Taking my previous roll for pinning resist instead (-20 pin, +30 cover)
https://orokos.com/roll/822351 = 28 vs 57, 4 dos

Dodge pipe bomb
https://orokos.com/roll/822836 = 35 vs 36. 2 dos

My action
Release right hand from shotgun - free action
Draw auto pistol - half action
Standard attack closest prone guy - half action
-10 prone, +10 standard
https://orokos.com/roll/822348 = 79 vs 43, miss

IC
It was fortunate for Jules that she'd sought cover; if she'd time to think she'd have been pleased at her choice. As it was her adrenaline had her now, her survival instincts keeping her alive and active when any right minded civilian would have ran a mile off. The suppressive fire saw her duck back behind the pipes, the cover giving her courage she had a quick look her pistol leading the way only to see a grenade in the air arcing towards her.

Fuck

Jules squeezed the trigger but the shot had no chance of hitting as she was already leaping away from where the grenade would land.
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2020 3:18 pm

Ruaidhri OOC
Pinning test
WP 31 -20

Rolled 61 https://orokos.com/roll/822840

5 DoF

Dodge test
AG 46 +10 (training) -20 (difficulty)

Rolled 34 https://orokos.com/roll/822843

2 DoS

Half action move to cover

IC to follow in the morning
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 12:31 am

WP to snap out of it.

WP 36 - 10 (Fatigue) = <26: 25, 2 DoS. Unless I missed something...might have.

https://orokos.com/roll/822995
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 10:12 am

Mark, that looks right. You'll snap out of it at the start of your next (round 8 ) intiative.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 2:13 pm

Rook awareness
Per 31 +30 test =<61
89= 3DoF
https://orokos.com/roll/823146

Braced from last round, so let's suppress the Voice.
BS 43 -20 to hit -10 lighting...+<13 let's go hail mary!
45 = better luck next time
https://orokos.com/roll/823172

IC
Rook had gently eased the muzzle of the stubber up onto the windowsill and pressed the muzzle to the glass. As the woman who seemed to be the leader turned away, Rook was about to draw a bead on her when he heard charging feet in the hallway behind him. This can't be possible...he thought as the image of mutants overwhelming the group downstairs came into his mind. Suddenly three autogun wielding civilians came into the room looking blown and awkward. Rook hissed at them Get up here and get ready to shoot. Just point at that woman and pull the trigger. If they shoot back, get your heads down. He turned away from them, found the woman and her squad, and unleashed another hail of bullets at her. Hopefully with the weight of numbers she would have to take cover.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 3:52 pm

The Voice Pinning (x2 Nerves of Steel): 37 v 41/pass
https://orokos.com/roll/823205

With hive mind, she passes easily.

E2 Pinning: WP 40 -20 (test) +8 (hive mind) TN 28 (x2 Nerves of Steel); 85/86. Big fails. E2 and his squad are pinned.
https://orokos.com/roll/823207

EDIT: Since E2 tactically moved, he should have received a +30 bonus to WP for being in cover. Regardless, he still fails hard.

E1 Brute charges south again (full run) - walks right into Kenji's kill zone. Overwatch triggered.
BS 35 +70 (formation size (12)/range) +10 (Cessia) -30 (Brute run/darkness) <85; rolled 72/3 DoS/3 hits
https://orokos.com/roll/823220
3 hits, pen 0: 3#1d10+3 13 11 10
Total Wounds Taken: 10

Rhone is up!

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 4:18 pm

Hell yea, that was a great result for the round
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 10:22 pm

Nice!!

And now for the star of the shows action...he continues to cower in terror as his weapon tries to eat him!

IC
Wiremu’s free hand tries furiously to tear the thing from around his neck, but the deep green materiel simply takes hold of and entraps his other hand.
He opens his mouth to scream but before the sound can start, a green tendril slides up over his chin and into his mouth.
Back to top Go down
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 10:55 pm

Inspiring the boys with a +10 to BS and a +10 to WP. After that, I’m ordering them into cover of the dumpster and then to fire on the brute. 3 of them have to half move and shoot, while the three already in cover can aim and shoot if formations allow aiming. Finally, ordering Cuck to engage the rear of that squad in the alley by exiting the Westin front doors and assaulting from behind.

Inspire BS +10. 5 or 6 DOS?
https://orokos.com/roll/823761

Inspire WP +10. 1 DOS
https://orokos.com/roll/823763

IC:

Rhône’s muscles twitched as he gripped his bolt pistol tight. His place was in the thick of battle and he was anxious to engage the enemy himself but the time wasn’t right. He swallowed his pride end delved deep into his stores of patience. Without comms, any information Cessia relayed would need to be delivered without any form of verbal augmentation to the men just outside, and to Cuck at the entrance. Relying on Cessia’s report, Rhône knew the sight of the enemy brute would shake a lesser man, but Cadian blood flowed through his veins....unfortunately that wasn’t the case for his current company.

“Stick to that dumpster for cover and bring that giant turd down. Whatever you do, hold your ground. We’ve got them trapped between us and the Ashigaru! Aim high and use the alley to frame your shot!”

Cupping a hand next to his mouth, Rhône calls out to Cuck.

“Cuck, we’ve got a reinforced squad in the alley. You have an enemy fireteam to the north. Out those doors to the east, you have the tail end of the squad we’re engaging. I need you and your men to hit them from behind. We’re about to be dealing with something big!”

Micromanagement wasn’t Rhône’s style. The battle hardened sergeant knew the value of decentralized command, but these weren’t soldiers and he wasn’t just commanding them, he was training them. If they were to be effective and survive against this enemy, his focus would need to be coordination. Suddenly, the roar of Rook’s weapon from above called a slight smile to Rhône’s lips. Ol’ metal taint was still in the fight....

Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 11, 2020 12:07 pm

Couple things - The flamboyants are one formation (4) and the civs are another (2). For the sake of simplicity and per formation rules, you can't have some of the formation do one thing (3) and a mixed formation do another thing (3) since they use different templates. So, the gangers will move into position to benefit from cover and then all four of of them will 1/2 action ranged volley. Those in cover will ranged volley. Since Rhone is still inside the Westin and we are missing a half action, I am going to have him half move toward the alley to stay "in rank" with his formations.

I am not sure if formations allow aiming. I haven't been playing the fight assuming they did. The only time I have had enemies aim up to this point was if they were overseers or, like the fire team on the enemy HQ, had ceased to become a formation and became two individual troop units. Going to keep that consistent until the battle is over.

Gangers 1/2 move to cover, 1/2 ranged volley:
BS 25 +50 (Cessia/Rhone/range/formation size (4)) -30 (light/run) TN 45; 57

Civs BS 20 +40 (Cessia/Rhone/range/size (2)) - 30 (light/run) TN 30; 90
https://orokos.com/roll/824336

GM ADVICE: I wouldn't count on the civs to be doing any type of accurate firing.

Ashigaru get another round of firing - Rhone's Inspire does not extend to them (not his formation/distance)
BS 35 +70 (range/formation size) -30 (run/darkness) TN 75; 79/miss
Ranged Volley 75: 1d100 79

Mutant Squad 1 - spots Cuck and the gangers, but does not have a clear shot. Delay action.

Mutant Squad 2 - splitting targets (4 on flamboyants/6 on Ashigaru)
(drop prone/engage) BS 35 +30 (range/size) -20 (run) TN 45; 22/4 DoS/1 hits Cuck & 3 hit Gangers - all have AP 3 (one is in cover of Westin doorway)
Damage: 10 (Cuck - 2 damage after Tough/AP), 7 (alive, barely), 10 (DEAD), 4 (alive), pen 0.

(Suppression) BS 35 +40 (range/size) -10 (test) TN 65; 20/6 DoS/2 Ashigaru hit
Damage: 10 (DEAD), 9 (DEAD), pen 0.
https://orokos.com/roll/824354

Kenji Pinning Test
WP 45 -30 (formation size) +30 (cover) TN 45; 36 NOT PINNED.
https://orokos.com/roll/824364

Mutant Squad 3 is forced to fall back into cover.

Mutant Squad 4 Fire Team
- Mutant 1 suppression v Ruaidrhi/Jules: BS 35 +10 range -20 suppression TN 25; 77/fail. Need -20 (+30 cover) Pin test for Ru/Jules.

- Mutant 2 Pipe Bomb: BS 35 +10 (standard attack) -10 (range) -10 (prone throw - not RAW but makes sense) TN 25; 68/5 DoF --> scatter 5m to the North meaning it is out of blast range.
Damage: --

https://orokos.com/roll/824370

I NEED:
-20 +30 pinning for Ru/Jules

Cessia, Ruaidhri, then Stubbs are up.

Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 11, 2020 1:00 pm

Cessia will continue to monitor the cameras for now, But also asks for confirmation from Rhone on whether it's actually helpful.

IC:
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 11, 2020 1:48 pm

Pinning test
https://orokos.com/roll/824392 = 75 vs 57 = 2dof
Use my free reroll
https://orokos.com/roll/824394 = 53 vs 57 = 2dos
Suppressive fire
https://orokos.com/roll/824396 = 39 vs 13 = I don't hit anyone but pinning tests!

IC
Pipe bombs exploded and auto fire whizzed all about and all the while Jules remained relatively calm, she at least wasn't panicking which if she got a chance to look back at this she'd be amazed. No one had ever thrown a grenade at her before! She flicked the switch on her auto pistol and squeezed the trigger peppering the area around the mutants with bullets, hoping to throw their aim off while Ruaidhri got around to killing them.

Last edited by Carnelian on Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 11, 2020 8:06 pm

Stubbs full run to the back of the blue car. Trying to track the movements of the Voice.

IC: All da images, da pain and da sufferin' in his mind kept on attackin' him, hauntin' him as he fled from da scene. He had ta be gettin' away and eerythang ovuh dat way was damn well terrifyin'. He had to just...

And den da big man be stoppin', right on da spot. He be lookin' round and takin' in da surroundin's once mo. He shook his head and be focusin'.

Dey need you big man.

And it be right. The team needed him right now mo than dey had done in a while. Not since Hervara had dey been in da shit like dis. And dey needed him. Whereva dey was.

Get back in there shugga.

Stubbs turned round and made for the cover of da blue vehicle as fast as his legs be takin' him.
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 12, 2020 2:23 pm

Ruaidhri OOC
Pinning test
WP 31 -20 (shot at) +30 (cover)

Rolled 66 https://orokos.com/roll/824763

4 DoF

Going to do a Dave and use the free re reoll

Rolled 16-Phew!
https://orokos.com/roll/824767

Going for mutant head shot

BS 51 +20 (Uallachan aim) +10(half range) +10 (single shot) +10(accurate gives if also aimed)
-10 (Bad light) -10 (prone)

Rolled 98 https://orokos.com/roll/824769

Lose current ammunition

IC
From his position of partial cover, Ruaidhri looked over the edge toward the mutants. They fired again, their bullets exploding over the relatively small space of the roof. For a second Ruaidhri felt the cold hand of fear inside him, the desire the duck his head down and be certain that none of the bullets were going to find their destination in his head. But after a moment he had control of himself and was able to remain in place. With the whispered instructions from his companion, Ruaidhri lined up a shot on the head of one of the mutants. They needed to reduce their numbers.

However as he pulled the trigger he felt the trigger pull back limply. Feck it all to hell. He was going to have to reload.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2020 12:46 pm

Carn/Nita - Free Re Rolls Used

Nita - Please mark off a reload if you haven't already

Both - Friendly reminder that you have the low-levs and Numa in the alley still. If you want them to do anything other than cover the alley, let me know.

Two on the roof pinning
WP 30 +8 (Hive Mind) TN 38 x 2; rolled 14 and 61/left mutie passes and right mutie fails
https://orokos.com/roll/825260

New round is on. Need Nik's rolls/IC.

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2020 12:53 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
Both - Friendly reminder that you have the low-levs and Numa in the alley still. If you want them to do anything other than cover the alley, let me know.

I'd not forgotten about them. Jules is naturally fully focused on staying alive though and with all the gunfire and explosions its not easy to communicate with people you can't see. The plan was though once Kaylith was up for her to cover Numa's ascent up the ladder. Obviously shooting started and thats gone to pot.
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2020 8:19 pm

Action - Full move (crawling) east? under the car away from the voice

IC

Wiremu felt the thing sliding down his throat and block his windpipe.

His body spasmed in the real and his head hit the ground, shocking him enough to flash back to reality.

As the terror and illusion faded, his eyes shot open, his hand squeezing the patu in a death grip and the ragged breathes slowly started stabilize.

Looking around frantically he saw what was going on and started to crawl as fast as he could under the car and away from Her.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2020 4:28 pm

As an update, I probably won't get an update in until tomorrow.

Grading/closing on this house has taken all of my time.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next