A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)

Go down 
+7
Mac_tonite
Iron and Metal
Hydrako
Sylphilis
DonQwaf
Azza
Murcurie
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2022 1:42 pm

Hello all.

I apologize for the lack of updates and just general quietness from my corner. Unfortunately this battle has become more than I can handle given my current workload; however, rather than let it die, I would like to resolve it naturally.

Can everyone please roll 1d100 and post the results here?

Thank you.

EDIT: Characters that are dead/out of action need not roll.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer

Last edited by Iron and Metal on Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com Online
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2022 1:45 pm

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2022 2:06 pm

No worries man, all good. https://orokos.com/roll/951170 = 58
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2022 6:33 pm

Hey hey, long time. Here it is: 14
https://orokos.com/roll/951178
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2022 2:21 pm

No bother brother- in the same boat myself.

Mysterious game changing roll: 11 https://orokos.com/roll/951339
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2022 2:12 pm

Posting from LINE for posterity

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2022 11:32 am

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 10:27 pm

Oooo. End of mission and sounds bad. Whats next?

Iron and Metal likes this post

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 2:56 am

A fitting finale. Awesome read Jeff, thank you Cool

Can I have xp? Smile

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 3:15 am

Thanks for the finale to the mission, Jeff! Nicely done.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 7:34 am

Fun fact, I had started writing days ago, and then finished last night. I had much bigger plans for how it would play out narratively and had intended more screen time for Cessia, Wiremu, Anderson, and the Voice, as well as Kenji's Ashigaru.

There was going to be this huge scene where when the doors open you were met by a FLOOD of mutants and readied yourselves for a last stand, only to realize that they were fleeing from the Deathwatch Marines and the Inquisitor, as well as the rest of the Bastards.

So why didn't that happen? At the end of a very long day (which included four beers with MacTonite), I took an edible before I started writing. About thirty minutes in I was floating while I was typing. I legit kind of forgot. Haha

So, it should have been more epic, and we can always mentally retcon it as those things definitely having happened.

In that version:
- Anderson, with the help of Karsith and Wiremu kill the Voice.
- Cessia, Rook, and Cuck, hold off another wave of mutants in the alleyway and all live.
- The Ashigaru meet up with the remaining Bastards for the final stand as the blast doors open, while our people on the roof provide cover with the last of their ammo.

You all pincer in the fleeing, less organized mutants and save the day.

All of this was determined on the simply mystery rolls. I treated it like an in game roll. 0-10 means your character came out amazingly well, 90 - 00 would have meant death. Layers in between.

Thanks for sticking through this on-again-off-again experience. I do not want to retire the Bastards just yet, and have some plans in the works moving forward.

Thanks again, and I really appreciate you all as players and friends.

Penitence in death.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 1:43 pm

Cheers mate. What a great end to a mission that must've been horrific to run from your end - split parties everywhere with their own stories and then trying to tie them up together at the end. What a headache, but it turned out to be just epic.

What are the Chapter markings of the Deathwatch Marines?...

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 2:06 pm

Cheers, my dude.

OOC: Carcharadon, Novamarine, Dark Angel, Space Wolf, Destroyer, Raptor. The Novamarine has a flag on his back with High Gothic: "Draco"

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 2:11 pm

Atta boyyyyyy

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 3:46 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
Cheers, my dude.

OOC: Carcharadon, Novamarine, Dark Angel, Space Wolf, Destroyer, Raptor. The Novamarine has a flag on his back with High Gothic: "Draco"

Epic

Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2022 3:46 pm

That was an awesome read! I think it was still suitably epic.

Sorry I didn’t get to my roll haha.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 7:51 am

Hydrako wrote:
Cheers mate. What a great end to a mission that must've been horrific to run from your end - split parties everywhere with their own stories and then trying to tie them up together at the end. What a headache, but it turned out to be just epic.

What are the Chapter markings of the Deathwatch Marines?...

I've just re-read our last IC wrap up, as well as the last OOC post where I made some amendments, and I feel the creative juices flowing.

Now, I always get like this toward the end of the semester, but with only being in 1 game as a player and none as a GM currently, I am feeling it even more. This summer, there are a lot of plans in the works for me and Aly personally, but I want to dedicate time to building a new mission arc, perhaps relying on a pre-made and modifying it as I see fit to save time. If I did that, is there still interest?

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2024 1:55 pm

Fuck yea.
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2024 5:15 pm

Always!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)   Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC) - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 4: Godless Prophets and the Migrant Flora (OOC)
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11