A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Katarina Eltabiere- Explorer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

Katarina Eltabiere- Explorer Empty
PostSubject: Katarina Eltabiere- Explorer   Katarina Eltabiere- Explorer EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 6:26 am

Katarina Eltabiere- Explorer 148a870534e9bd32dc556fc6e2fafb4f

Bard(archivist) 1

Catfolk
Bard (archivist)
Chaotic Good
Common, Catfolk, Cyclops, Sylvan, Elven
Favored Class Bonus: +1/2 bardic lore

Hit Points: 10/10
AC: 14 (12 flatfooted/12 touch)
Size: Small
Saves:
Fort: +2 Ref: +4 Will: +2 (+6 vs charm, compulsion)
Movement:
Land: 30 ft, Climb: 20 ft.

Init: +4
BAB: +0
Carrying Capacity: 26/53/80 lbs.

Attributes:
STR: 7
DEX: 14
CON: 14
INT:14
WIS: 10
CHA: 18

Skills:
Acrobatics (Dex) (1/1): +6
Climb (Str) (0/1): +8
Diplomacy (Cha) (1/1): +8
Disable Device (Int) (1/1): +6
Escape Artist (Dex) (0/1): +4
Fly (Dex) (0/1): +4
Ride (Dex) (0/1): +4
Knowledge(Geography) (Int) (1/1): +7
Knowledge(Local) (Int)(1/1): +10
Knowledge(history) (Int)(1/1): +10
Untrained knowledge(int)(0/1): +3
Perception (Wis) (1/1): +4
Sense Motive  (Wis) (1/1): +4
Stealth (Dex) (0/1): +8
Swim (Str) (0/1): -1

Attacks:

Melee: -
Ranged: Sling +2 (1d4)

Equipment

Lamellar Cuirasse
sling & 10 stones
Mwk Backpack
Scrivener's kit (vial for holding ink, an ink pen, spare pen nibs, a small container of pigment for making ink, a tiny knife for cutting quills into pens, a blotter, and a small ruler), Mess kit (plate, bowl, cup, fork, knife, and spoon, made of wood, horn, or tin), notebook
16 GP

Not carried: an iron pot, a bedroll,backpack,

Spells: (0-At Will; 1-2/day)
0-Read Magic
0-Detect Magic
0-Mage Hand
0-Prestidigitation
1-Ear Piercing Scream
1-Saving Finale

Special Abilities

Racial:
Scent[Ex]: Some catfolk favor a keen sense of smell over sensitive sight. Catfolk with this racial trait gain the scent ability.

Climber [Ex]: Catfolk hunters excel at hunting prey from trees and other high vantage points. Catfolk with this racial trait possess a climb speed of 20 feet (along with the +8 racial bonus on Climb checks a climb speed affords). This racial trait replaces sprinter.

Curiosity[Ex]: Catfolk are naturally inquisitive about the world around them, though some are more curious than others. Such catfolk gain a +4 bonus on Diplomacy checks to gather information, and Knowledge (history) and Knowledge (local) are always class skills for them. If they choose a class that has either of these Knowledge skills as class skills, they gain a +2 racial bonus on those skills instead. This racial trait replaces natural hunter.

Cat's luck [Ex]: Once per day when a catfolk makes a Reflex saving throw, he can roll the saving throw twice and take the better result. He must decide to use this ability before the saving throw is attempted.

Class:

Bardic Knowledge (Ex) A bard adds half his class level (minimum 1) to all Knowledge skill checks and may make all Knowledge skill checks untrained.

Bardic Performance (11 rds/day):  A bard is trained to use the Perform skill to create magical effects on those around him, including himself if desired. He can use this ability for a number of rounds per day equal to 4 + his Charisma modifier. At each level after 1st a bard can use bardic performance for 2 additional rounds per day. Each round, the bard can produce any one of the types of bardic performance that he has mastered, as indicated by his level.

Naturalist (Ex): An archivist who has identified a creature with a Knowledge check appropriate to its type can use performance to share strategies for defeating it with allies in combat. The archivist and any allies within 30 feet gain a +1 insight bonus to AC and on attack rolls and saving throws against extraordinary, supernatural, and spell-like abilities used by creatures of that specific kind of monster (e.g., frost giants, not all giants or all humanoids). This bonus increases by +1 at 5th level and every six levels thereafter. This language-dependent ability requires visual and audible components.

Countersong (Su): At 1st level, a bard learns to counter magic effects that depend on sound (but not spells that have verbal components.) Each round of the countersong he makes a Perform (keyboard, percussion, wind, string, or sing) skill check. Any creature within 30 feet of the bard (including the bard himself) that is affected by a sonic or language-dependent magical attack may use the bard’s Perform check result in place of its saving throw if, after the saving throw is rolled, the Perform check result proves to be higher. If a creature within range of the countersong is already under the effect of a non-instantaneous sonic or language-dependent magical attack, it gains another saving throw against the effect each round it hears the countersong, but it must use the bard’s Perform skill check result for the save. Countersong does not work on effects that don’t allow saves. Countersong relies on audible components.

Distraction (Su): At 1st level, a bard can use his performance to counter magic effects that depend on sight. Each round of the Distraction, he makes a Perform (act, comedy, dance, or oratory) skill check. Any creature within 30 feet of the bard (including the bard himself) that is affected by an illusion (pattern) or illusion (figment) magical attack may use the bard’s Perform check result in place of its saving throw if, after the saving throw is rolled, the Perform check result proves to be higher. If a creature within range of the Distraction is already under the effect of a non-instantaneous illusion (pattern) or illusion (figment) magical attack, it gains another saving throw against the effect each round it sees the Distraction, but it must use the bard’s Perform check result for the save. Distraction does not work on effects that don’t allow saves. Distraction relies on visual components.

Fascinate (Su): At 1st level, a bard can use his performance to cause one or more creatures to become fascinated with him. Each creature to be fascinated must be within 90 feet, able to see and hear the bard, and capable of paying attention to him. The bard must also be able to see the creatures affected. The Distraction of a nearby combat or other dangers prevents the ability from working. For every three levels a bard has attained beyond 1st, he can target one additional creature with this ability.

Each creature within range receives a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 the bard’s level + the bard’s Cha modifier) to negate the effect. If a creature’s saving throw succeeds, the bard cannot attempt to fascinate that creature again for 24 hours. If its saving throw fails, the creature sits quietly and observes the performance for as long as the bard continues to maintain it. While fascinated, a target takes a –4 penalty on skill checks made as reactions, such as Perception checks. Any potential threat to the target allows the target to make a new saving throw against the effect. Any obvious threat, such as someone drawing a weapon, casting a spell, or aiming a weapon at the target, automatically breaks the effect.

Fascinate is an enchantment (compulsion), mind-affecting ability. Fascinate relies on audible and visual components in order to function.

Feats
Lingering Performance [Ex]: The bonuses and penalties from your bardic performance continue for 2 rounds after you cease performing. Any other requirement, such as range or specific conditions, must still be met for the effect to continue. If you begin a new bardic performance during this time, the effects of the previous performance immediately cease.

Traits
Irrepressible: Your hope for a brighter future blessed by the gods, combined with your powerful personality, allows you to force your way free of spells that cloud the mind. You can use your Charisma modifier in place of your Wisdom modifier when attempting Will saving throws against charm and compulsion effects.

Adopted (Human, Tattooed Mystic): You gain a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against charm and compulsion effects. Additionally, you are proficient with bladed scarves and starknives.

Reactionary: +2 to initiative.

Ancient Explorer: You gain a +1 trait bonus on Knowledge (history) and Knowledge (local) checks, and one of these skills is a class skill for you. In addition, you gain Cyclops or Polyglot as a bonus language.

Drawback:

Impatient: You can’t delay or ready actions, and if you are the last of your allies to act in a round of combat, you take a –1 penalty on ability checks, attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks..

Appearance:
A tiger's fur pattern. She typically wears loose, flowing robes alongside her lamellar armor.

Background:

Deity: Desna; Katarina has inherited Desna-worship form her Varisian father. An inveterate wanderer, she loves the freedom to travel.

Personality:
Peppy and optimistic. Always seeking out new knowledge; a truly curious kitty. Friendly and smiling.

History:
Born of unknown parents and abandoned on the streets of Absolom, Katarina was adopted by Tabrak Eltabiere who original mistook her for a kitten. The experienced scholar of the Pathfinder Society lived humbly for the most part, bringing her on his occasional travels to explore (safe) ruins, and otherwise leaving her in the care of relatives when he went to more dangerous ones. She was a curious child, her immense eyes seeming to soak in everything about the world around her. When she was still little, she kept laying on Tabrak's books (wondering what he found so interesting about them) until he taught he to read.

Tabrak sent her to the best schools and tutors he could find in Absolom, helping her pursue he fascination for knowledge. She eventually showed some of the competencies needed for a bard, and continued said studies with friends at the temple of Desna. While not as performative as most, she had no trouble with bardic lore and knowledge. Wanting to be like her father, she joined the Pathfinder Society as soon as she could, and has been a member since.

With Tabrak retired, she has taken over his exploration work. She is currently working on a comprehensive history of the Cyclopes, and hopes to expand her knowledge of them in the southern lands where their empire was once found.

Acquaintances:
Tabrak Eltabiere: A varisian human scholar, Tabrak is her adoptive father and mentor, Tabrak lives in Absolom and is the one who inducted he into the Pathfinder Society. They have a very close relationship, and write to each-other frequently.

Katarina Eltabiere- Explorer Latest?cb=20180611203620

Milosla the wanderer: An elven travelling priest of Desna, Milosla is the closest thing Katarina has to a mother. She initially took care of Katarina as a favor to her friend Tabrak, taking charge of her when the adventuring was too dangerous. Since then, she has become more nomadic, and they occasionally cross each-other in their travels.

Katarina Eltabiere- Explorer 250px-Priestess_of_Desna

Last edited by Wendigo Bob on Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:32 pm; edited 26 times in total
Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: Katarina Eltabiere- Explorer   Katarina Eltabiere- Explorer EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 7:42 pm

I cannot find a reference to Captain's Blade on d20pfrsd.com at all. You also can choose an extra trait as you have the campaign trait, which is free in this game. Also, what is your favored class bonus going towards?
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Katarina Eltabiere- Explorer   Katarina Eltabiere- Explorer EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 3:31 am

I'll add the favored class bonus today. I'll need to rework some things due to your response in OOC however.

The trait doesnt have an independent page in the d20pfsrd, though it is noted & defined in their trait embed table:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OQH-t50ZqZ-WSajGRbaALzbExij2mL-i13G_p054jig/edit#gid=0

Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Katarina Eltabiere- Explorer   Katarina Eltabiere- Explorer EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 11:43 am

Lost interest in the original character, created a completely new one. Check them out!

Also hoping for your feedback on the following:

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/divine-fighting-technique-combat/#Way_of_the_Shooting_Star

This would be a way to allow me to do some weapon damage at some point. However, I know its kinda OP. If you accept it, I was also wondering if you consider this covers throwing the weapon too; here are a few cases I've seen that claim it covers thrown, nothing official (though the "advanced" version covering thrown weapons does seem to support this).

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_RPG/comments/5pvlh0/way_of_the_shooting_star_question/

https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2u46p?Help-me-with-my-Desna-Warpriest

Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: Katarina Eltabiere- Explorer   Katarina Eltabiere- Explorer EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 2:42 am

I'll check out the character more fully, but I'd be open to that feat. But I will enforce must worship Desna - and think about how well that's going to go down with a couple of CN characters, as well as a flat out evil character.

However, the intent on this one does seem to be at ranged or melee.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Katarina Eltabiere- Explorer   Katarina Eltabiere- Explorer EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 4:22 am

I'm not too worried about the CN characters, though the evil one could be trouble. I'll see it as my RP challenge.

I would be curious to know what you would consider "worshipping desna". I would say that the "divine obedience" to Desna is a good start (without the bonuses of course, though I may take the feat eventually). I would also see opposing slavery as a must.

https://aonprd.com/DeityDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Desna

Obedience-done once a day:
Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: Katarina Eltabiere- Explorer   Katarina Eltabiere- Explorer EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 3:22 am

Only issue I have is that you seem to have take 2 campaign traits - ancient explorer and seafarer. Even with drawbacks, you can only have one of each type of trait.

As for worship of Desna, I don't think obedience is necessary. Follow her teachings though - you're not clergy, just a lay follower.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Katarina Eltabiere- Explorer   Katarina Eltabiere- Explorer EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 5:16 pm

Updated. Still, gonna need to work out her teachings.

Also, she is gonna SUCK at swimming. Really gonna be the kitty who dont like the water.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Katarina Eltabiere- Explorer   Katarina Eltabiere- Explorer EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 5:37 pm

I'll be using this as my point of reference for faith

Notes frome the "faiths of purity" player companion:

Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: Katarina Eltabiere- Explorer   Katarina Eltabiere- Explorer EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 4:36 am

Still can't have two of the same type of trait. Maestro of the Society and adopted are both social traits.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Katarina Eltabiere- Explorer   Katarina Eltabiere- Explorer EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 1:44 pm

Apologies again. Chose the faith trait irrepressible. (So faith, social, combat & campaign)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Katarina Eltabiere- Explorer   Katarina Eltabiere- Explorer Empty

Back to top Go down

Katarina Eltabiere- Explorer
Page 1 of 1