A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior Empty
PostSubject: Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior   Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior EmptySun Jul 29, 2018 6:21 am

Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior Sin-t-C3-ADtulo-1

Name: Shas’La’Firios’Elanro
Race: Tau
Caste: Fire (Shas)
Home Sept: Fi’Rios
Role: Fire Warrior
Competence: Precise Hunter (+3 BS; Expose Weakness special action)
Demeanor(s): Contemplative, Logical, Loyal
Flaws: Paranoid, Disrespects Authority, Lazy, Pessimistic, Jaded

WS 33 +
BS 50 +*
S 23
T 31
AG 46**
INT 30
PER 41 *
WP 34
FEL 23 +
IFL 27
*denotes purchased upgrade

FPs: 1/2 (1 used 9/24/18; 1 used 10/8/18)
Wounds: 7/9
Critical Damage: 0
Fatigue: 0
+++
Insanity: 17/100
Corruption: 0/100
Movement: 4m/8m/12m/24m
Carrying Abillity (carry/lift/push): 27 kg; 54 kg; 108 kg

Skills
Acrobatics (Ag)
Athletics (S)
Awareness (Per)
Charm (Fel)
Command (Fel)
Commerce (Int)
Common Lore (Int)
- Tau Empire
- War
Deceive (Fel)
Demolitions (Int)
Dodge (Ag) +10
Inquiry (Fel)
Interrogation (Wp)
Intimidate (S)
Linguistics (Int)
- Tau
Logic (Int)
Medicae (Int)
Navigate (Int)
Operate (Ag)
-Surface
Parry (WS)
Scrutiny (Per)
Security (Int)
Sleight of Hand (Ag)
Stealth (Ag)
Survival (Per)
Tactics (Int)
-Recon and stealth
Tech Use (Int)
Trade (Int)

Talents
-Hatred (orks)
-Fire caste weapon training
-Marksman (rifle)
-Heightened Senses (Smell)
-Rapid reload
-Jaded
-Light Sleeper
-Paranoia
-Supporting Fire
-Unshakable Faith
-Precision killer
- Quick draw

Traits
-The Tau'va is All -  When spending a Fate point to gain a +10 bonus to any one test, a PC from Fi'Rios gains a +20 bonus instead.
-Fire caste - +5 vs Fear & Pinning
-Gun line - When attacking a target that an ally attacked since the end of the Fire Warrior's last turn, the Fire Warrior can re-roll any results of 1 or 2 on damage rolls.
-Blunt: Tau register an incredibly small presence in the Warp. All Tests made to detect Tau by daemons or through the use of psychic abilities suffer a -30 penalty.
-For the greater good: The Tau value the group over the self, and further trust their comrades and commanders to always choose the best course of action. This enables every Tau to follow orders without hesitation or doubt. Once per encounter, a Tau Explorer may gain a +10 bonus to a Test made while directly following an order from another Tau character. Additionally, if this order places the Explorer into substantial danger to benefit the group as a whole, this bonus increases to +30 (GM’s discretion).
-Lessened senses (sight): While Tau olfactory senses are superior to humans, they have a harder time focusing on objects at long distances. They make up for this deficiency with their technological innovations such as advanced optics and headgear. After 100 meters, any Tau character relying on their eyes without aid suffers a -10 penalty on all perception-based tests, including ballistic skill.
-Non Imperial: This character was not raised among humans, and knows little about the culture and history of the Imperium. The laws, traditions, religion, and superstitions of Mankind are unfamiliar and alien to characters with this trait. The character suffers a –10 penalty on all Common Lore, Forbidden Lore, and Scholastic Lore Tests relating to the Imperium of Man.

Items
Pulse Rifle (basic; 225m; S/2/4; 2d10+3 E, pen 4; Gyro-Stabilized, Markerlight)
Pulse Pistol (pistol; 40m; S/2/-; 2d10+2 E, pen 4; Gyro-Stabilized)
- Reloads (x2)
Tau Photon Grenades (x3)
Tau Combat Armor (6 AP all; 7 AP off-hand arm/40% chance headshots hit pauldron instead)
-Micro-bead
-Translator unit
-Blacksun filter
- Turkey Leg (Looks absolutely delicious!)

Aptitudes
-Bs (x2; replacing second with Ag)
-Agility
-General
-Finesse
-Offense
-Perception
-Toughness

XP: 0/3550 (available to spend/spent)
XP Expenditure
Characteristic Advances
-Bs (Simple, 100)
-Ag (Simple, Intermediate, 100+250)
-Per (Simple, 250)

Skills
-Dodge (trained, 400)
-Scrutiny (known, 100)
-Acrobatics (known, 100)
-Stealth (known, 200)
-Tactics (recon & stealth) (known, 200)

Talents
-Light Sleeper (Tier 1, 300)
-Paranoia (Tier 2, 450)
-Jaded (Tier 1, 600)
-Quick draw (Tier 1, 200)
-Precision Killer (Ranged) (Tier 2, 300)
++++++++++++++++++++++++

A fairly old fire warrior, Shas’La’Firios’Elanro (Elanro) has spent his entire life fighting Orks in the Fi'rios system. He hoped at first to help guard his people, but he grew increasingly disillusioned as time went by. Fighting orks made no sense to him; orks charging forth like idiots and somehow surviving long enough to hurt him; Kommandos popping out from under trashcans to stab him; them, springing forth from the grounds years after having wiped them out in an area.On top of that, the other castes werent impressing him much; the water caste thinking Orks could be negotiated with; air caste pilots that seemed to crash-land every ship he got on; and ethereals and officers ordering artillery strikes and bombing runs on areas where fire warriors are still engaged. His growing pessimism, paranoia and disrespect grew grating on his superiors, as he seemed to see enemies everywhere, kept his work to the bare minimum and followed orders inasmuch as they didnt require suicidal actions; even inciting his fellows to prefer safer actions. Beyond reaching warrior, he was never promoted and was eventually "retired", against his will, to a border world where he wouldnt cause any trouble. While still dedicated to the greater good as a philosophy, and feeling highly responsible for the protection of his people, he feels the need to blunt the dangerous optimism of his peers with the wisdom of experience.

(So the general concept is that of an imperial guard veteran in tau form; an old man in a profession where few survive. Messed-up by a lifetime of war, much of his mental energy is dedicated in keeping himself (and his brothers in arms) alive to see another day)

Description:
Height: 5’8”
Weight: 50 kilos
Skin: Turquoise-blue
Eyes: Black
Hair: Grey

Appearance:
Elanro is an elderly tau, his hair faded and gray, his skin wrinkly and his body feeble. He is never seen without his armor on, and he even sleeps in it. His armor is in good repair, always kept clean, though a few deep scratches show its heavy use. His pulse-pistol is always at his waist, and his main weapons (Pulse rifle & Rail Rifle) are rarely more than an arm's length away.

Personality:

Jaded & Paranoid, Elanro is always ready for action, though it has become so normal to him that he barely shows how tense he really is. He has become increasingly disenchanted with the competence of Tau superiors, and rarely holds his words when he thinks one has created a stupid plan. He sleeps every opportunity he gets (never knows when the next will be) and avoids any labor he considers pointless. Nonetheless, he feels a great responsibility to protect his fellows, especially the optimistic, as he has seen too many good, optimistic tau die before their time. He will, by force if necessary, stop someone from going into a situation that will get them pointlessly killed.

He also holds a boundless hatred of orks, and will always shoot first before they try to harm anyone.

Goals, Short Term:
-Keep himself & his companions alive.
-Get a new rail rifle
Goals, long-term
-Write & distribute his memoirs

Roll Links:

Last edited by Wendigo Bob on Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:59 am; edited 32 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior   Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior EmptySun Jul 29, 2018 7:20 am

NPCs:

Fio'Ui'Firios'Aloalts (Earth caste veteran, supervises local workshops)

Aloalts and Elanro have known each other since an orca they where on crashed behind enemy lines on Fi’Rios 5. Elanro got them through the line, and Aloalts kept their equipment in good enough shape to do so.. Meeting each-other from time to time during the campaigns in Fi’Rio’s, they became friends due to their mutual interests in philosophy and life beyond the strict confines of the caste system. The fact they where both retired to Ne’Gem was pure coincidence, but it has allowed them to rekindle their friendship.

Aloalts is also an elderly tau. He is a relatively serious person that prizes competence and easily gets impatient with incompetence. He has a particular interest in “Alien” technology and knowledge, motivated in great part by a desire to understand the universe beyond tau space.

Shas’Ui’Tau’Mang
(Fire cast veteran, minor officer of local fire warriors)

Elanro’s direct commanding officer, Mang lives in constant frustration toward him. An optimistic and hopeful young officer, he has been severely tested by Elanro. There was no way to discipline Elanro; every unpleasant task given was done without complaint (as he had done them 1000 times before) and demotion or exile was impossible (both due to his low rank and the pettiness of his offenses). As such, Mang has been looking for a way to make Elanro someone else’s problem, as he had no idea how to deal with it himself.

Chen Lin (human lady of the night)

A Gue woman living in the settlement, Elanro frequently came across her during the night shift. She previously lived in the imperium until her “master” brought her here when the mercenary troupe they followed decided to work for the Tau. They struck up a conversation one evening when he helped chase away an unruly client. Since then, they have become friendly, having conversations when Lin’s business was slow, with Lin teaching Elanro about imperial society, and Elanro teaching her about Tau society.

Last edited by Wendigo Bob on Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior   Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior EmptySun Jul 29, 2018 1:32 pm

Main post edited, added some elements from the other PC sheets
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior   Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 1:29 pm

Hey.

Jeff (Iron and Metal) is without internet for a short while after moving house so I'm here to help out with your stat roles. There are a few things that need correcting.
I'll try and explain it as best I can.

You've ten stats (as you know). As standard all stat rolls at creation are 2d10+20, however each race gets modifiers (both + & -) to these stats.

Tau is as follows
+ Characteristic Modifiers: Ballistic Skill, Intelligence, & Fellowship.
- Characteristic Modifiers: Weapon Skill & Strength.

What does this mean?
+ stats you roll 3d10+20 but you discount the lowest dice. For example you roll 3d10 and get 9, 5, 7 so you drop the 5 which leaves you with 9+7 = 16 add the 20 for 36.
- stats you roll 3d10+20 but you discount the highest dice. For example you roll 3d10 and get 9, 5, 7 so you drop the 9 which leaves you with 5+7 = 12 add the 20 for 32.

Therefore your dice rolls for stats should be
BS, Int, Fel = roll 3d10+20 (drop the lowest die roll)
WS, S = roll 3d10+20 (drop the highest die roll)
T, AG, Per, Wp, Inf = roll 2d10+20

Note that you can still assign your stats as you wish within each of the three bands.

EDIT - You also get one reroll (if you wish) which must be your lowest dice roll. This can be from any band (so you could reroll a 3d10 or 2d10 set)
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior   Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 3:37 pm

Everyting has been done, here are the rolls (I did them over the weekend). I've played a few 40k rpg games, I know how it goes. I've checked the PC creation guidelines and put most of the skills & talents (except for those to be bought by exp) in the first post.

Initial stat rolls:
http://orokos.com/roll/646800

WS 33 (6, 2 +5)+
BS 45 (6,2 +8 )+
S 23 (2,1)
T 31 (5,6)
AG 36 (10,6)
INT 30 (5,5)
PER 36 (10,6)
WP 34 (7,7)
FEL 23 (2, 6 -5)+
IFL 22 (1,1)

Reroll of worst (1,1): (I put it in Influence) (received 3,4)
http://orokos.com/roll/646913

WS 33 (6, 2 +5)+
BS 45 (6,2 +8 )+
S 23 (2,1)
T 31 (5,6)
AG 36 (10,6)
INT 30 (5,5)
PER 36 (10,6)
WP 34 (7,7)
FEL 23 (2, 6 -5)+
IFL 27 (4,3)

Positive 3rd rolls (nothing good there) (Bs 5, Int 1, Fe 2)
http://orokos.com/roll/646891

Negative 3rd rolls  (Ws 7, S 10)
http://orokos.com/roll/646895

Fate point roll (nothing there either)
http://orokos.com/roll/646900

Wounds roll (no luck there either)
http://orokos.com/roll/647192

Anything else I'm missing?

Last edited by Wendigo Bob on Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior   Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 5:11 pm

Why do you have re-rolls of positive and negative attributes? You get to re-roll your single lowest characteristic only.

Phone reply so not in depth. Apologies.

Sent from Topic'it App

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior   Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 5:24 pm

No problem about that. Sorry, the word should simply be "rolls", as I only rolled the 3rd d10  of those traits that required it. The orokos page should show it's 3 rolls of 1d10 for the positive, 2 rolls for 1d10 for negative. I'll edit that.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior   Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 6:18 pm

No worries, and thank you. With just my phone I’m not checking orokos.

Add me on LINE when you get a chance: “nemby”

The items at PC creation are for the actual Shadow Wolves game (which is different than this one), so you’ll start with standard kit only.

You’ll also have 3,000 XP to start with. Please post your xp buys here with the appropriate prices and I’ll double check them as soon as I’m able.

All the effort you’ve put into your PC flaws, background, and concept so far is really impressive. It gets me excited to see them come to life in this world. For the time being, catch up on the Edge of Expansion IC/OOC to see what’s happened so far.

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior   Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 3:58 am

Ok, for the moment, I've got the following plan. I'll remove the non-standard items from the first post. I was also wondering, maybe I should roll a few insanity points for him, as it would definitly fit with the background. I would also want to know if "spitting" is a simple balistic skill roll. I want him to be able to spit his chewing leaf into a trash can on the other side of the room.

Talents
-Light Sleeper (300)
-Paranoia (450)
-Jaded (300)
-Quickdraw (200)

Skills
-Awareness (200)
-Dodge (2,3) (200, 300)
-Scrutiny (100)
-Acrobatics (100)
-Stealth (200)
-Tactics (recon & stealth) (200)

Advances:
-Bs (100)
-Ag (100)
-Pe (250)

Total:3000 exp
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior   Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 7:03 pm

When I get a proper set up for my laptop and can get my mouse attached, I am going to go through and make some slight formatting changes. It shouldn't be too much of a change to what you already have here, but my OCD is a thing to behold.

Normally, I ask that the players post their XP expenditure here and await approval before adding it to their sheets. That way I can (hopefully) save you some work if there is a mistake.

1) Characteristics look good, if not a bit muddled. You can take away the initial roll scores and the bonuses in parenthesis next to them to clean it up. Leave the + and *.

2) Stats look good, but your movement is off. With an AG of 41, your movement should be one bracket higher: 4m/8m/12m/24m. That is a fast-ass, old-ass Tau you got there.

3) Skills are basically perfect save for Operate (Surface). Leave "Operate" as it is the main skill, but take away "Surface" and everything attached to it. That is a hold over from another PC sheet, I am sure.

4) Talents: I don't see the majority of your Role starting talents (rapid reload, unshakable faith, supporting fire).

5) For both mine and your own reference, putting what each trait does goes a long way and saves time looking through PDFs. On the same vein, add weapon stats to your gear. You can find these in other players sheets. Just copy and paste. You'll also get x3 reloads, so be sure to add those.

6) If you look at some other PC sheets, under aptitudes is where we track XP - both unspent and spent. We do this with a fairly simple system: XP: unspent/spent

So, for your PC starting out it would look like this: XP: 3,000/0

As you spend XP and start becoming more of a hard ass, it will change. Both numbers should always add up to your total XP amount, obviously. Take a look at some other sheets. You'll see the format I like to use to track XP buys. It is fairly straightforward, organized into characteristic advances, talents, and skills.

7) Fluff: I love your background, personality, and description. I like how his feebleness is reflective of his characteristic scores. The NPCs are awesome too. Well done. I do think your goals need more depth. This is not a traditional game where I will hand out XP only for encounters. XP is given based on in depth goals (worked out with me) and your PC attempting to accomplish them. Flaws are always taken into consideration and any achievement despite a flaw enhances your XP payout. So, when you have a moment, put some more time into those goals.

Cool XP Expenditure. OK, let's see what we have here... and I have just realized I made a big mistake and not only gave fire warriors two potential double aptitudes (BS or Offense from Shas), I also listed Offense twice. The second "offense" should be "Toughness." So your final aptitudes will be:
Agility (double choice), Ballistic Skill, General, Finesse, Offense, Perception, & Toughness.

Please make that change. Now, with this in mind, let's have a look...

Talents - Jaded is WP & Defense. You have neither aptitude which would make the cost 600xp.
Skills - Dodge: you only have one of the required aptitudes. So the costs are 200 for known and 400 for Trained.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior   Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 3:01 pm

XP should read: 200/2,800

I've full confidence that it will come with time.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior   Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 6:42 pm

Christmas Gift:

Apply XP now and you will find your item sometime during gameplay. Merry Christmas.

Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior   Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 2:07 pm

Ok, I had 300 (leftovers from creation) +50 (last battle)+400 (christmas). I will spend it in:

-Ag (intermediate) (250)
-Quickdraw (Ag & Finesse) (200)
-Precision Killer (ranged) (Bs, Finesse) 300
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior   Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior Empty

Back to top Go down

Shas’La’Firios’Elanro, elderly fire warrior
Page 1 of 1