A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Radomil Brezlov, Ex-Guardsman Penitent

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kobras_Aquairre

Kobras_Aquairre

Radomil Brezlov, Ex-Guardsman Penitent Empty
PostSubject: Radomil Brezlov, Ex-Guardsman Penitent   Radomil Brezlov, Ex-Guardsman Penitent EmptyTue May 28, 2019 5:32 pm

Name: Radomil Brezlov
Home world: Feudal
Background: Imperial Guard
Role: Penitent
Divination: Only the insane have the strength to prosper (+3 WP, +1 IP first time in a session)
Demeanor: Melancholic

WS 35
BS 44
S 37
T 30
Ag 31
Int 26
Per 33
WP 31
Fel 28
Inf 32
http://orokos.com/roll/729569
http://orokos.com/roll/729571

FP 4 (Currently 1) http://orokos.com/roll/729573
Wounds: 11 (Currently 6)
Critical Damage:
Fatigue:
Insanity:
Corruption: 2
Movement: 3/6/9/18
Max Weight: Carrying - Lifting - Pushing -

Skills:
Athletics (S)
Command (Fel)
Common Lore (Int)
-Imperial Guard
Medicae (Int)
Navigate (Int)
-Surface
Operate (Ag)
-Surface
Parry (WS)

Talents: Flagellant, Rapid Reload

Weapons Training: Las, Low Tech

Bonus Abilities: Home in Armor, Hammer of the Emperor, Cleansing Pain

Armor:
Guard Flak Armor

Weapons:
Lasgun w/ Sacred Inscriptions: 100m, S/3/-, 1d10+3 E, Pen 0, Reliable
Laspistol: 30m, S/2/-, 1d10+2, Pen 0, Reliable, Accurate
Sword: 1d10+3 R, Balanced

Gear:
Combat Vest
Grapnel and Line
10 Lho Sticks
Respirator
4x Hotshot packs
Magnoculars

Aptitudes: Weapon Skill, Fieldcraft, Agility, Ballistic Skill (Taken in place of Fieldcraft), Intelligence, Offence, Toughness.
XP: 1,000/1,000
XP Expenditure:
Characteristic Advances:
-Toughness (simple) 250xp
-BS (simple) 250 xp
Skills:
-Parry (known) 200xp
-Operate (surface) (known) 100xp
Talents:
-Rapid Reload 200xp

Description:
Height: 1.85m
Weight: 80kg
Skin: Ruddy
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black, turning gray.

Radomil Brezlov, Ex-Guardsman Penitent Radomi11

Appearance:
Thirty years on the frontlines have done a number on Radomil. His skin is weathered and cracked, his dark hair fading to gray. He is covered in scars and burns, some inflicted in combat many by himself to remember his fallen comrades, whose names are inscribed on a large tattoo that covers his back. In combat, Radomil wears his worn gray flak armor. He wears a black cloth mask to cover his face beneath his helmet.

Personality:
Radomil Brezlov is a stoic man, hardened by years on the battlefield. He bears a tremendous amount of survivor’s guilt which manifests as his flagellation. While he is generally melancholy, he has developed a strong sense of gallows humor. Joining the Inquisition has given him a renewed sense of purpose he has not felt in years. He hesitantly believes that this is the God-Emperor’s plan for him, and that its end is drawing near.

Background:
“Thirty years. Thirty fething years I spent in the guard. Can’t hardly remember my childhood, back when I was a farmer’s boy. Them’s good memories. I don’t have many of those left, good memories I mean. Maybe the guns knocked them all out of me. Those damn guns, I still hear them pounding in my sleep.

The guns took so many. Never took me though. Not when they buried me in mud and bodies. Not when I went over the top. Not when they killed every single member of my platoon ‘cept me, time and time again.

‘Lucky’ they called me, on account of all my dances with death. Throne, I thought it was luck for a time. But it wears on you, it does. Seeing your friends cut down only to be replaced by fresh meat for the machine. You stop trying to get to know them after a while. They’re just kids anyway, ain’t seen half what I have. This ain’t luck, it’s a damn curse.

The Emperor took everyone else, better men than me. I carry their names on me so the guns don’t blow those away too. I burn and cut myself so that I know what they felt like when they died. Got an inscription on my gun, ‘Only in death does duty end.’ Used to think that was just the something commissars told us to get us to dig ditches faster. Now I like it. It feels like a promise. Someday someone’s gonna put a bullet through my skull and I can finally lie down.

Anyway, I wasn’t ever cut out for command, so I served those thirty years in a mud pit on the front lines. Got a medal for length of service. Preacher Bogdanov told me fifteen years in that the Emperor must have a special plan for me, that’s why I’m still alive and everyone else is dead. I don’t believe that for a second. At least I didn’t, not until I met the Twitcher.

In some burned out corpse of a city we were. The Inquisition needed some ground pounders to sweep a manufactorum, and Commissar Petrescu volunteered me. The Twitcher sent us deep into those tunnels. Couldn’t hardly see what came up out of the darkness at us, ‘cept what the lasgun shots lit up. I don’t mind one bit that I didn’t get a better look at those things. Some fellas broke and ran. I guess I didn’t though, ‘nd that's why the Inquisitor took a liking to me. She took me with her when she left, out of the mud and into the stars.

Maybe Preacher Bogdanov was right. Maybe this is why the Emperor kept me around so long. Maybe there’s some dark heresy out there he needs me to end. It must be getting close. And maybe when I find it that’ll be the end of it, and the end of me. Ain’t that a thought?”

NPCs
-Klara Markov: “Last friend I’ve got. Met her in the trenches, a real spitfire she was. She went and got all her limbs blown off taking a hill. I carried her on my back to the chirurgeon and they stiched her up right. She mustered out though, I’m glad someone did. Last I heard she was doing mercenary work.”

-Preacher Bogdanov: “Guns didn’t take him neither. He never was in the trenches with us, always gave sermons to the generals as they hid away in their bunkers. I’ve known him for a few decades though, and it’s nice to have at least one familiar face, fat and pompous as it might be. The old bastard’s with the church now I’m sure, drinking wine and preaching about ‘divine purpose’ or something to a bunch of nobles.”

-Commissar Silvija Petrescu: “There’s one I wish the guns took. She’s got it in her head that I’m still alive all these years on account of cutting a deal with a witch or some nonsense. Sent me on suicide missions a few times to test her theory. Never died, obviously, so I guess that was proof enough for her. She had me tied to a post, ready to shoot me before the Twitcher stopped her and took me away. I doubt she let it drop though.”

Character Flaws:
Remorseless, Survivor’s Guilt, Rigorous, Flagellant.

Last edited by Kobras_Aquairre on Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:53 am; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

Radomil Brezlov, Ex-Guardsman Penitent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radomil Brezlov, Ex-Guardsman Penitent   Radomil Brezlov, Ex-Guardsman Penitent EmptyThu May 30, 2019 2:46 pm

Just checked through this- really good job on the background and giving him a number of character flaws. I'm looking forward to seeing him out on the field.

Just two points- looking through the Items you get from the Imperial Guard Background- you should also have a pair of Magnoculars- might come useful in the game.

Also for the future if you could put down how much each of the skills or talents cost XP wise- it makes it easier to check through. Cheers.
Back to top Go down

Radomil Brezlov, Ex-Guardsman Penitent
Page 1 of 1