A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

D&D 5e - Eberron

Go down 
+3
Iron and Metal
DonQwaf
Murcurie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

D&D 5e - Eberron  Empty
PostSubject: D&D 5e - Eberron    D&D 5e - Eberron  EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 9:45 pm

”Our world was born in strife. The three progenitor dragon crafted the planes at the dawn of time, and rested in the space that lies between them. It was then that cruel Khyber turned on the others, killing noble Syberis and scattered the pieces of his body. Eberron fought Khyber, but couldn’t defeat the dark wyrm. So Eberron wound Khyber in her coils and transformed, becoming a living prison that could forever hold the darkness within. This is the foundation of our reality. Eberron is the Dragon Between, the world upon which we stand. Khyber is the Dragon Below, source of demons and foul things. The ring above our world is the broken body of Sybaris, the dragon above, whose blood is the source of all magic.”

But a world spawned of conflict has only continued its tradition. Whether it be the Coatl - Fiend war, in which the Coatl’s sacrificed their race to ignite the Solver Flame, binding all fiends and demons to the Dragon Below. Or the Dragon - Giant war, in which the arrogant Giants destroyed a moon, and who’s continent of Xen’Drik lay scarred by the awful magics released. More recently, The Last War, which plunged the Five Nations into a continent spanning destruction.
The Five Nations of the intelligent races were locked into a war which spanned their entire continent of Khorvaire. During which, the dragon-marked houses sold their birthright-enhanced services to both sides, profiting greatly. In the center of it all, the lost nation of Cyre exploded in a violent mist, killing or transforming all life within. At the shock of the destruction of an entire nation, and all nations having lost considerable forces, the leaders of The Five Nations gathered together and came to an agreement, ending the war two years later, in 996YK.

The current year is 998YK, two years following the end of The Last War. The Five Nations sit in an unstable peace, held at bay by the fear and uncertainty surrounding the lost nation of Cyre, now known as the Mournland. Eberron is a world in need of heroes, a land rich in adventure, intrigue, and exploration opportunities, for those daring enough to seek them out.

+++

Hey everyone, I’m looking to run a game set in Eberron, a setting I used to play in back when 3.5 was still the big system. It’s a setting that feels like magic/steampunk fantasy Europe, with the political tensions between WWI and WWII. There’s mysterious ruins, political intrigue, planar evil invasions, and all things which make good stories. If anyone’s interested, please feel free to read up on the setting and get a feel for what you’d like to play. There is a prototype sourcebook available for 5e, but most of the books published for the setting were done in 3.5, including the Players Guide. Those books should be fine for the lore, but the character options will be a bit different for 5e. Those books should be available if you do some digging online, but I can pass out PDFs if people want.

In addition, I have a lot of campaigns I’ve been playing with, so if those of you interested could rate three options between Exploration, Social Intrigue, or Combat, it would help me pin down a campaign that fits your guys’ desires.
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

D&D 5e - Eberron  Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 5e - Eberron    D&D 5e - Eberron  EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 10:20 pm

Keen!

Ranking wise i would say combat, closely followed by exploration, followed by social intrigue.

I dont really mind either one, but I recently played a game that had a lot of social intrigue and detectivey stuff that got a little bogged down. in saying that, its all still fun as long as we can keep things going
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

D&D 5e - Eberron  Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 5e - Eberron    D&D 5e - Eberron  EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 3:55 pm

Hell yeah, any more? I should mention I want to work with anyone who wants to play on their backstories, I’m more than willing to dump lore on anyone interested.

P.S. just look at the cover art on this book... D&D 5e - Eberron  Raptor-cover-wrap1
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

D&D 5e - Eberron  Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 5e - Eberron    D&D 5e - Eberron  EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 4:41 pm

So..... y'all need a warforged or a Dwarf Berserker?

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

D&D 5e - Eberron  Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 5e - Eberron    D&D 5e - Eberron  EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 5:35 pm

YES. Such cool races. The dwarves in this setting recently gained independence, and in searching the sealed ruins beneath their mountain bunkers, found a collection of horrifying symbiotic aberrations... that they decided to use in their independence war. Now, some of their children have started being born with symbiotes already inside them... *x-files theme*

War forged were made to be soldiers in The Last War, and were told they weren’t sentient and were just smart robots. Then after it ended it became known the opposite was true, but they don’t have souls. Many war forged, only knowing war, sat in their battlefields awaiting orders for months after peace, until they were commanded to disperse and/or discharged.

I’d love to work on a character with you. Nik, you have any ideas on what you want to play? I’m down to start with just the two of you, tbh, but I think ideally I’m looking for 2-3 more
Back to top Go down
Another AKA

Another AKA

D&D 5e - Eberron  Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 5e - Eberron    D&D 5e - Eberron  EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 6:20 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
So..... y'all need a warforged or a Dwarf Berserker?

Or a changeling (likely bard or rogue)?
Would be open to all 3 options, but am drawn to exploration.  I just keep picturing some Indiana Jones-esque shenanigans!
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

D&D 5e - Eberron  Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 5e - Eberron    D&D 5e - Eberron  EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 6:30 pm

Definitely welcome.

Changelings are perhaps the most interesting character, in terms of lore. Lots and lots of options there, the world is your oyster. Rogues are cool and they fit really well in Eberron, and Bards have a cool college in Exploring Eberron, called the Dirgesinger, but it’s more for goblinoids (not that you couldn’t have just changed into a hobgob for a while to learn it).
Back to top Go down
Thirsty

Thirsty

D&D 5e - Eberron  Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 5e - Eberron    D&D 5e - Eberron  EmptyMon Jan 11, 2021 7:50 am

I'll join if there's still room!
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

D&D 5e - Eberron  Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 5e - Eberron    D&D 5e - Eberron  EmptyMon Jan 11, 2021 10:15 am

Murcurie wrote:
YES. Such cool races. The dwarves in this setting recently gained independence, and in searching the sealed ruins beneath their mountain bunkers, found a collection of horrifying symbiotic aberrations... that they decided to use in their independence war. Now, some of their children have started being born with symbiotes already inside them... *x-files theme*

War forged were made to be soldiers in The Last War, and were told they weren’t sentient and were just smart robots. Then after it ended it became known the opposite was true, but they don’t have souls. Many war forged, only knowing war, sat in their battlefields awaiting orders for months after peace, until they were commanded to disperse and/or discharged.

I’d love to work on a character with you. Nik, you have any ideas on what you want to play? I’m down to start with just the two of you, tbh, but I think ideally I’m looking for 2-3 more

On the PBP Website that introduced me to RPGs (in fact, I didn't play IRL until 5 years after finding that site: dndarchive.com represent), I played a Warforged in an Eberron game. That PC template is still floating around somewhere, so I will check it out and consider that....

...BUT MY URGE TO DWARF IS GETTING INTENSE.

I have enough quirky cool characters. For this game, I just want a dude who fucks. Just pure fuckery and thrash metal. So, I will have the direct combatant role covered, at the very least.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

D&D 5e - Eberron  Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 5e - Eberron    D&D 5e - Eberron  EmptyMon Jan 11, 2021 10:16 am

AND LEGIT, GETTING A CHANCE TO DIRECTLY GAME WITH THIRSTY AND ANOTHER AKA HAS ME HYPE AS FUCK

Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

D&D 5e - Eberron  Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 5e - Eberron    D&D 5e - Eberron  EmptyMon Jan 11, 2021 11:41 am

I’ll get the forums set up today. I can handle more players if people are interested. I am so stoked
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

D&D 5e - Eberron  Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 5e - Eberron    D&D 5e - Eberron  EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 12:46 am

Ahhhh im still thinking....so many cool options!
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

D&D 5e - Eberron  Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 5e - Eberron    D&D 5e - Eberron  EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 4:57 pm

Plenty happy to accept more players here as well. We are just about set up to start, with a few options to work you in shortly after, if you're not ready right away. If you want to hop in on this, now's the time.
Back to top Go down
Faanku

Faanku

D&D 5e - Eberron  Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 5e - Eberron    D&D 5e - Eberron  EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 10:51 pm

I could give this a go.
How many player are there at the moment?
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

D&D 5e - Eberron  Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 5e - Eberron    D&D 5e - Eberron  EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 1:24 am

There are four, a barbarian, bard, war cleric, and an artificer
Back to top Go down
Faanku

Faanku

D&D 5e - Eberron  Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 5e - Eberron    D&D 5e - Eberron  EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 1:31 am

Sounds like a solid spread.
Where are the rules for chargen?
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

D&D 5e - Eberron  Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 5e - Eberron    D&D 5e - Eberron  EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 1:54 am

Level four, 4d6 drop lowest stats, starting equipment and I'll award extra items for backstory. I can add you to the line chat if you like, but I'll need to DM you somehow to talk about your backstory.
Back to top Go down
Faanku

Faanku

D&D 5e - Eberron  Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 5e - Eberron    D&D 5e - Eberron  EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 9:20 am

I'll read up on the setting and see if I can come up with something.
Is LINE necessary? I had some issues with it on my phone when I last tried it a few years back.
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

D&D 5e - Eberron  Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 5e - Eberron    D&D 5e - Eberron  EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 11:17 am

We’re just now trying out discord too, if you’d prefer that. I can DM you my username
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

D&D 5e - Eberron  Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 5e - Eberron    D&D 5e - Eberron  EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 3:42 pm

#NEWPLAYERS
#STOKEDSTOKEDSTOKEDSTOKED

Back to top Go down
Faanku

Faanku

D&D 5e - Eberron  Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 5e - Eberron    D&D 5e - Eberron  EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 8:09 pm

Murcurie wrote:
We’re just now trying out discord too, if you’d prefer that. I can DM you my username
Sure, I'm Funk in the main channel.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

D&D 5e - Eberron  Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 5e - Eberron    D&D 5e - Eberron  EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 4:34 pm

Do you need another player?
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

D&D 5e - Eberron  Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 5e - Eberron    D&D 5e - Eberron  EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 2:57 pm

Always. Glad to have you. We may, if this gets big enough, have solo side quests or multiple parties.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

D&D 5e - Eberron  Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 5e - Eberron    D&D 5e - Eberron  EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 4:21 pm

Izar/Kho'nan side quest coming up!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

D&D 5e - Eberron  Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 5e - Eberron    D&D 5e - Eberron  Empty

Back to top Go down

D&D 5e - Eberron
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Community for Gamers, by Gamers :: Play-by-Post Gaming :: Recruitment-