A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun

Go down 
+2
Kobras_Aquairre
Thelonius
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Thelonius

Thelonius

Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun Empty
PostSubject: Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun   Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun EmptySun May 24, 2020 8:38 am

[EDIT 2]We're full again for the time being. [/EDIT 2]

[EDIT] Due to one player having dropped out, we are currently looking for another player in this game.
We're shortly before the third adventure and welcome anyone who is interested, no knowledge of the system required.
Post frequency about 1 GM post a day, except weekends. [/EDIT]

Red lights are flashing periodically, turning the room into a bizarre abstract slide show.
The emergency klaxon is blaring...
Something is not right. You find yourself on a station on a ship, your head pounding.
What happened? How did you get here? And what's wrong with the ship?

Welcome to a Stars Without Number campaign during which the characters will find out what happened on their ship and why they are there. What happens on the way is up to them.

Being a sandbox system Stars Without Number let's the players guide the story just as much as the game master. This is my first time GMing and I'm curious where the game will take us.
I am not yet fully familiar with every nuance of the rules, but I believe together we can master the game and have a good time.

I'm looking for 4-5 players that are interested in this, rather on the hard scifi-end of SWN, game chasing their next clue to unravel what happened to them. There are no real restrictions regarding character concepts, just no alien life forms, AIs, VIs, or androids and I would prefer the game to stay easy on psyonics. That's not to say the latter is forbidden.

Last edited by Thelonius on Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kobras_Aquairre

Kobras_Aquairre

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun   Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun EmptySun May 24, 2020 9:34 am

I'd 100% be into joining this.
Back to top Go down
Thelonius

Thelonius

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun   Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun EmptySun May 24, 2020 9:42 am

Awesome. I also have an external player ready, he'll join these days.
Two down, two to three to go.
Back to top Go down
Caligula

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun   Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun EmptySun May 24, 2020 1:12 pm

I'm in! (the external player)
Back to top Go down
Kobras_Aquairre

Kobras_Aquairre

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun   Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun EmptySun May 24, 2020 3:30 pm

So is the plot going to be primarily character driven?
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun   Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun EmptySun May 24, 2020 4:19 pm

I'm interested. This sounds like a fun starting situation.
Back to top Go down
Thelonius

Thelonius

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun   Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun EmptyMon May 25, 2020 2:02 am

Kobras_Aquairre wrote:
So is the plot going to be primarily character driven?

Yes, to a large extend. Obviously I have a rough backstory prepared (the teaser is part of that story and will hopefully follow the characters for a longer time) and I do have a couple of starting scenes ready, but I will happily go with what the players decide to do. Every once and again I will throw in stuff of my own, what the players do with it, is up to them. I am new to this, so I hope I manage to do it the way I picture, but I'm pretty sure together we'll manage to put together a fun story.

moarhair wrote:
I'm interested. This sounds like a fun starting situation.

Nice. Looking forward to having you.
Back to top Go down
Thelonius

Thelonius

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun   Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun EmptyFri Jun 12, 2020 10:52 am

[BUMP] We're still looking for one or two players.
Back to top Go down
Canis Dirus

Canis Dirus

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun   Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun EmptyTue Jul 14, 2020 1:56 am

Hey, this sounds great and I'd love to join in
Back to top Go down
Thelonius

Thelonius

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun   Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun EmptyTue Jul 14, 2020 1:22 pm

Nice, I'm happy you are interested. We're already a bit into the first adventure, but at a point where it is relatively easy to join in.
Are you simply interested and would like some more info, or are you already sure you want to join?
Do you know the system Stars Without Number? Do you want to randomly roll up your character, or do you already have a concept on your mind?
Back to top Go down
Canis Dirus

Canis Dirus

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun   Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun EmptyWed Jul 15, 2020 12:48 am

I have had a quick read of The Crash but could do with a bit of a brief. I know SWN so should be fairly easy to pick up. In terms of the character, I am happy to roll up but if there are some glaring gaps in the party, I am happy to pick that up.
Back to top Go down
Thelonius

Thelonius

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun   Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun EmptyWed Jul 15, 2020 7:59 am

Regarding the recap, I would prefer one (or more) of the other players to give you a wrap up. Obviously I don't know how my posts were interpreted and I would prefer not to reveal more than was already understood (not that it makes a huge difference, but it's part of the fun).

For the character creation we have a thread in the PC forum for this game: Character Creation This should tell you how to create and post the character so it is inline with the other characters.

The group is setup fairly evenly, all the critical skills are covered in my eyes. So if you want to roll, that is fine (and always fun). We have an Expert (Senn/caligula) a Warrior (Jasper/Kobras) and an Adventurer (Expert/Warrior) (Taelor/moarhair).

Your character will not have been on the ship with the rest of the crew, but is already on the planet Astyoc for some time (Details on the relevant systems and planets are here: Sector Lore), so we can have him join the group. Everything else is up to you (how you got there, what kind of character and so on).
Back to top Go down
Kobras_Aquairre

Kobras_Aquairre

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun   Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun EmptyWed Jul 15, 2020 3:05 pm

Recap in brief: We woke up aboard a crashing ship with limited memory and a locked case that several people want. After patching up the ship, we landed for repairs on a backwater colony that seems to be suffering from a zombie infestation. As we await repairs we seem to have just stumbled upon a plan to blow up one of the few remaining supply shuttles to the colony.
Back to top Go down
Canis Dirus

Canis Dirus

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun   Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun EmptyThu Jul 16, 2020 3:29 pm

Time got away from me today so I don't have the Character sheet prepped. In terms of the actual character, I was thinking he is a Bounty hunter stuck on Astyoc either trying to complete a job or just finishing one. I think he could be introduced through intervention in the plot to blow up the landing pad. he is a Vagrant Warrior/Expert who's targets are just as often taken alive as are dead ( in other words he doesn't blast everything he sees)
Back to top Go down
Thelonius

Thelonius

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun   Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun EmptyFri Jul 17, 2020 2:30 pm

It's an idea, sure. We'll figure out something, once the character is completed. Not worries there.
Be sure to use orokos.com for trackibility.
Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Thelonius

Thelonius

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun   Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun EmptyTue Jul 21, 2020 12:05 am

@Canis, did you get around to roll?

Btw. please also write a post in the introduction forum and register on the messenger LINE. We use that for quick OOC discussions and other jabber about the game (and whatever else comes up). Let me know your handle, then I will invite you to all the relevant groups.
Back to top Go down
Canis Dirus

Canis Dirus

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun   Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun EmptyTue Jul 21, 2020 1:12 pm

Alexander Lucas has a topic in the PC thread.
My LINE ID is canis_dirus_rpg.
Post on the intro forum coming forthwith.
Back to top Go down
Thelonius

Thelonius

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun   Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun EmptyThu Jan 14, 2021 2:00 pm

Due to one player having dropped out, we are currently looking for another player in this game.
We're shortly before the third adventure and welcome anyone who is interested, no knowledge of the system required.
Post frequency about 1 GM post a day, except weekends.
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun   Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 3:39 pm

Just checking if there is still a free slot for this? I'd be interested if so.
Back to top Go down
Thelonius

Thelonius

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun   Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun EmptyMon Jan 25, 2021 8:54 am

We technically filled the spot that emptied uo, but we're happy to have you. I'll PM you on Discord.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun   Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun Empty

Back to top Go down

Stars Without Number (Revised) - Silent Sun
Page 1 of 1