A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[CLOSED] Recruiting for ongoing Worlds Without Number (WWN) game

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tecumseh

Tecumseh

[CLOSED] Recruiting for ongoing Worlds Without Number (WWN) game Empty
PostSubject: [CLOSED] Recruiting for ongoing Worlds Without Number (WWN) game   [CLOSED] Recruiting for ongoing Worlds Without Number (WWN) game EmptySun Feb 20, 2022 10:46 am

Hey all,

Worlds Without Number is a fantasy role-playing game with OSR-compatible rules. The core rules are available for free. If you're an experience gamer, you can learn them in a day.

We've been playing for 11 months now and have made our way through 3 chapters. Check out the game thread.

The game is a sandbox with no plot whatsoever. It would be a hexcrawl but I'm GMing multiple games and can't seem to find the patience or time to make a proper map. We're exploring the wilderness and rolling random encounters. I don't know what's going to happen any more than you do. So far it seems to be working out.

We have two (2) continuing players and two (2) on hiatus. The ongoing characters are a Vowed/High Mage and a Beastmaster/Warrior. I'll consider 1-3 additional players. Characters that will thrive in a outdoor/rural setting will fare better than those designed for urban intrigue. A Healer would be especially welcome. New characters will start at level 1, but I'll consider level 2 for someone who answers 20 questions. Which 20 questions? That's up to you. Backstory isn't as important as personality and motivations. Are you risking your life for power, adventure, glory, to impress your cold-hearted and distant parents while earning enough to pay the dowry of your dearly beloved? There are no wrong answers, but I'd like to see some consistent thinking behind the curtain.

IC posting expectations aren't set in stone but 3 times a week would be great. I can generally post on weekdays while procrastinating my day job.

We use Discord for dice rolling and to keep momentum OOCly.

Hit me up here if you have interest and/or questions.

Tec

Last edited by Tecumseh on Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:00 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : closing)
Back to top Go down
Another AKA

Another AKA

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Recruiting for ongoing Worlds Without Number (WWN) game   [CLOSED] Recruiting for ongoing Worlds Without Number (WWN) game EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 8:48 am

I'd be interested in playing a Healer/something
Will take a look at the system and setting this evening
Back to top Go down
Tecumseh

Tecumseh

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Recruiting for ongoing Worlds Without Number (WWN) game   [CLOSED] Recruiting for ongoing Worlds Without Number (WWN) game EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 10:03 am

Rock and roll.

Another AKA

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Recruiting for ongoing Worlds Without Number (WWN) game   [CLOSED] Recruiting for ongoing Worlds Without Number (WWN) game EmptyTue Feb 22, 2022 8:02 pm

Took a first stab at my character with chargen option 2b and using orokos to roll attributes and growth/learning (was going to link my rolls but Orokos is having database issues at present).
Background/20 questions forthcoming
Back to top Go down
Tecumseh

Tecumseh

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Recruiting for ongoing Worlds Without Number (WWN) game   [CLOSED] Recruiting for ongoing Worlds Without Number (WWN) game EmptyMon Feb 28, 2022 10:14 am

Closing this for now.

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Recruiting for ongoing Worlds Without Number (WWN) game   [CLOSED] Recruiting for ongoing Worlds Without Number (WWN) game Empty

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Recruiting for ongoing Worlds Without Number (WWN) game
Page 1 of 1