A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]

Go down 
+3
Princeofhavoc
Kobras_Aquairre
Iron and Metal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Willvr

Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] Empty
PostSubject: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 12:23 am

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

As previously discussed, I'm looking into returning to GMing. As such, will be hopefully launching a Pathfinder game. It will be using an adventure path - and though you won't start out as such, the ultimate goal will be to be pirates. As usual for Pathfinder adventure paths, RP-minded players can get a lot out of it. I'll be looking for at least 4, with character creation rules being D20pfsrd.com. There will be a player's guide available if I get to 4 players.

No paladin or LG types, and no characters who won't work with a party, but other than that anything goes.
Back to top Go down
Kobras_Aquairre

Kobras_Aquairre

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 6:42 am

I’d be into this
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptyWed Dec 25, 2019 4:20 pm

I'd also be in to this
Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptyWed Dec 25, 2019 9:54 pm

I'm going to need at least 4. So whilst you can start thinking about your characters and the like, don't worry about concrete plans until I get those final two. This will remain open for now for recruiting.
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 1:49 pm

I'd like to play a sorceress or kineticist based off my favorite pirate fantasy art

Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] Yu8qdjjqh0y21
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 2:04 pm

*interest grows*

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Kobras_Aquairre

Kobras_Aquairre

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 4:14 pm

That art is amazing
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 1:40 pm

Contemplating a sea/water focused Druid for the group. I've had two druid characters fall through previously, so I would like to see one of them go for all the glory.

Back to top Go down
Kobras_Aquairre

Kobras_Aquairre

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 3:55 pm

I'm sort of feeling a bloodrager or something to that effect. A half caster martial at least.
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 12:07 am

Bloodrager and magus are both super cool. There are also a bunch of archetypes that add magical ability to the other classes if you're interested in any specific flavor, but they are either really cool or really suck in my experience.
Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 2:08 am

Just for the record, it will be a 20-point buy.

I'd also really like at least a fourth, though if we have 3 dedicated posters, might start something. Won't start in January without 4 though.
Back to top Go down
Kobras_Aquairre

Kobras_Aquairre

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 8:48 am

Level 1 start? Any major race/class restrictions? Is the setting Golarion?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 10:07 am

^^asking the hard questions.

What can we expect (assuming you go with just three) as far as posting regularity?

Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 10:14 am

I would be interested. I've been hoping to play some pathfinder for a while (I run meatspace pathfinder games).

I'll start looking through my character repository for someone who would gel with a bloodrager/sorcerer/druid combo. Maybe a ranger, with the "freebooter" archetype.

(I also have an idea for a fitting druid, but I will put that on the back burner unless Jeff changes his mind)
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 1:25 pm

Hell yeah. Time to roll something up. I'll cover the face and utility casting if everyone's cool with that, seeing as Kobras is playing a martial caster.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, if you have a title for the game I can bust out some fresh forum topics for us.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 1:47 pm

If I go ranger, I'll likely go skill monkey of some sort, maybe try to balance ranged/melee. Be a non-magical jack of all trades (and maybe straight man to the group)
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 2:10 pm

I'm rather keen on the Druid. I would like to hear your Druid idea, if you're willing to share. I have an idea, but I will take any advice as I am not nearly as confident in this setting/system.

Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 4:06 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
I'm rather keen on the Druid. I would like to hear your Druid idea, if you're willing to share. I have an idea, but I will take any advice as I am not nearly as confident in this setting/system.

Nothing much in the way of character, mostly just a fun build, and a cool concept (the storm-frog). Grippli (frog-person) druid (storm druid). Terrifically powerful with lightning, can throw nearly endless lightning after a while. Immune to lightning & sonic, can see through fog, can speak as if thunder & lightning isnt there, walk without being affected by wind (eventually).

Here's the archetype:
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/archetypes/paizo-druid-archetypes/storm-druid/
Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 1:13 am

I will be aiming for daily posting, though January is insane at work in 2020.

Game will be called Skull and Shackles - if you want to add a Pathfinder either before or in brackets afterwards, be my guest.
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 2:55 am

I will also aim for daily posting.

The forum is up Will, and you should be a mod. If you'd like a description in the forum, let me know and I can add one in. Also, if you can't create topics for whatever reason, feel free to message me here or on LINE, reply here, or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Princeofhavoc

Princeofhavoc

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 8:00 pm

Wouldn't mind being a fifth member if you have the room for a Tengu Monk that banks on the mascot nature of Tengu among superstitious pirates.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 9:37 pm

Hell yeah. Also, welcome to the forum. I’ll be sending you a PM shortly. Well, one of the admin will. Regardless, let’s party.

Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 10:36 pm

Happy to see a new face! I know these modules are generally made for a specific number of players, I don't know if Will is able to convert it to a 5 man module, but I definitely wouldn't mind another dedicated player.
Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 1:30 am

Given this forum does not tend to go for power gamers, I am willing to do up to 6.

I'll add an OOC to that forum later.

Just a note to work together on your ideas - I don't mind evil characters for this game, just make sure everyone agrees with what kind of alignment you want to explore. Really evil characters often don't work in a co-operative environment, as an example.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 7:50 am

While this probably should have been the first question: Pathfinder 1E or 2E?
Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 1:59 pm

1E
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 2:15 pm

Sent you a PM as well. Almost finished my character sheet.
Back to top Go down
Grond

Grond

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 2:15 pm

Hello! Murcurie told me about this group/game/etc. and I'd like to join. Party looks to be a bit light on healing, so I would like to play a half-orc/wereshark River (Sea)-bound Oracle of the Waves mystery and worshiper of Besmara. Do you have room for one more?

If accepted, I will plan on daily posting as well.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 2:17 pm

Any chance we could convince you to be something less orcy and much more... furry?

Somehow, someway, this group became all totally humanoid-animal PCs lol. I swear none of us initially planned for thi.

Back to top Go down
Grond

Grond

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 2:54 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
Any chance we could convince you to be something less orcy and much more... furry?

Somehow, someway, this group became all totally humanoid-animal PCs lol. I swear none of us initially planned for thi.

Yes. How about a half-orc/wereshark Human/werebear River (Sea) Soul Oracle of the Waves mystery and worshiper of Besmara?
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 3:08 pm

I still like the werebear dwarf idea. Half bear, half bear.
Back to top Go down
Grond

Grond

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 3:37 pm

Murcurie wrote:

Me too; the challenge is making a viable Oracle with a -4 racial to Charisma. Best I could do starting is 13 or 14, then it's an uphill climb to meet spellcasting requirements. Though I suppose that could be good for RP... Stuff just came together in my head, I think I have a solid path forward. Saltbeard dwarf/werebear River (Sea) Soul Oracle of the Waves mystery and worshiper of Besmara!
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 3:46 pm

I am so aroused (metaphorically.... and literally). YES.

Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 4:03 pm

And if you get on LINE we can chat about it and our other characters. my ID is murcurie...
Back to top Go down
Grond

Grond

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 6:17 pm

Grond wrote:
Murcurie wrote:

Me too; the challenge is making a viable Oracle with a -4 racial to Charisma. Best I could do starting is 13 or 14, then it's an uphill climb to meet spellcasting requirements. Though I suppose that could be good for RP... Stuff just came together in my head, I think I have a solid path forward. Saltbeard dwarf/werebear River (Sea) Soul Oracle of the Waves mystery and worshiper of Besmara!

OK, still interested in playing, just need to reevaluate my character. The werebear template is WAY broken for a PC.
Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 8:52 pm

Do not think there are rules for lycanthrope PCs in pathfinder.

However, as a concept of playing, you're in. Lets' just get your character worked out.

And with this, we have 6, and I'm closing recruitment.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 10:39 am

Edited for closure.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]   Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED] Empty

Back to top Go down

Pathfinder: Pirates! [CLOSED]
Page 1 of 1