A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GM (Games Master) Registry

Go down 
+4
mruozu
Sylphilis
Azza
Carnelian
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

GM (Games Master) Registry Empty
PostSubject: GM (Games Master) Registry   GM (Games Master) Registry EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 9:39 am

Purpose
Use this thread to tell us about your GMing experience and games you would like to run. This gives all of us a good idea of what types of games you are interested in, your style of play, and your availability. Here is a useful template, but don't feel the need to follow it to the letter.

Name: Post Your Username (and any Nicknames you go by)
Availability : Are you currently open to running a game (Y/N)?
Contact Information: E-Mail, IRC, PM, etc.
Posting Frequency: How often you can post (average). i.e. Daily, Hourly, Weekly.
Systems You Have Experience/Want To Run: WH40k RPGs, 3.5e/4e D&D (Core, FR/Eberron/etc.), Serenity, Savage Worlds, etc.
Preferred Campaign Types: Grimdark, Evil, Mystical, Humorous, Dungeoncrawl, etc.
Past Game Links: Provide a link to a game you have run in the past.
Current Games: List any current games you are running.
Future Games: Any games you intend to run or at least post in the Recruitment thread about.

+++

I'll start!

Name: Jeff (previously Pearldrum1, currently Iron and Metal as they are what's best in life)
Availability : I am currently running one game with two on hold. I am hoping to open them back up as soon as I am able.
Contact Information: PMing me on this site is best, but if you have a smartphone you can contact me via the LINE app anytime.
Posting Frequency: DAILY! I won't commit to a game that I don't have the time for.
Systems You Have Experience/Want To Run: FFG Warhammer 40k (all systems), DnD 3.5/Pathfinder, Savage Worlds, Stars Without Number, Vampire: The Masquerade, limited Shadowrun.
Preferred Campaign Types: Heavily realistic/character driven Sci-Fi/Fantasy.
Past Game Links:
Current Games: The Emperor's Bastards (Only War - Active), Shadow Wolves (Tau Rogue Trader - Hiatus), & Pray for War (Deathwatch - Hiatus).
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: GM (Games Master) Registry   GM (Games Master) Registry EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 2:03 pm

Name: Dave
Availability : I'm running one game and currently have no capacity to GM another
Contact Information: PM me or via the LINE app
Posting Frequency: Daily. You'll often see me lurking on here looking for the next post.
Systems You Have Experience/Want To Run: I've played many different systems. I mostly GM anything Warhammer, fantasy or 40k.
Preferred Campaign Types: Heavily realistic/character driven Sci-Fi/Fantasy.
Current Games: Warhammer Fantasy homebrew based on FFG 40k games https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com/f18-empire-in-flames-warhammer-fantasy-rp-game-thread
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: GM (Games Master) Registry   GM (Games Master) Registry EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 2:13 pm

Name: Richard
Availability : Running a DH2 game currently. Wishing to start a second game
Contact Information: PM on site, LINE ap, e-mail
Posting Frequency: At least once daily
Systems You Have Experience/Want To Run: WH40k RPGs, 3.5e/4e/5e D&D (Core, FR, Ravenloft, Azzas Homebrew.), FFG SW's, d20 Star Wars, Fate (Dresden Files)
Preferred Campaign Types: Grimdark, realistic, high fantasy, sci-fi.
Current Games:Apostasy Gambit(Name to change on transfer) - Dark Heresy 2
Future Games: Either an FFG Stat Wars game or a high fantasy DnD 5e homebrew game
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: GM (Games Master) Registry   GM (Games Master) Registry EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 6:49 pm

Name: Heath
Availability : Running a DW game currently. Unable to run anything else at this time.
Contact Information: PM on site, LINE ap
Posting Frequency: Multiple Times daily
Systems You Have Experience/Want To Run: WH40k RPGs, 3.5e/4e/5e D&D (Core, FR,Dark Sun), d20 Star Wars, Savage Worlds
Preferred Campaign Types: Gritty and dark, high fantasy, sci-fi.
Current Games:Deathwatch - Heart Collector
Future Games:
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: GM (Games Master) Registry   GM (Games Master) Registry EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 7:10 pm

Name: Mark
Availability : Currently available to run games. Looking to start something soon.
Contact Information: PM on site, LINE
Posting Frequency: At least once a day if not more
Systems You Have Experience/Want To Run: WH40k RPGs, 3.5e/4e/5e D&D, d20 Star Wars and Saga, Pathfinder, L5R
Preferred Campaign Types: High fantasy, Sci-Fi, alternate history
Current Games: None.
Future Games: TBD, available to run one.
Back to top Go down
Riverwyld

Riverwyld

PostSubject: Re: GM (Games Master) Registry   GM (Games Master) Registry EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 4:10 pm

Name: Riverwyld
Availability : Y
Contact Information: PM, LINE (Riverwyld)
Posting Frequency: Daily
Systems You Have Experience/Want To Run: HERO System (Fantasy HERO, Star HERO, Post-Apocalyptic HERO, Champions), Basic D&D, Call of Cthulhu, Wraith the Oblivion, OSR-Style Games
Preferred Campaign Types: Dark/Gothic Low Fantasy, Weird/Pulp Sci-Fi
Future Games: Currently contemplating a Fantasy HERO campaign in which the players are all Drow elves and their allies.

Last edited by Riverwyld on Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: GM (Games Master) Registry   GM (Games Master) Registry EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 5:45 pm

No idea what the HERO system is, but I would be down to learn a new system and give it a try. Always stoked to try a new system.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
Riverwyld

Riverwyld

PostSubject: Re: GM (Games Master) Registry   GM (Games Master) Registry EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 1:42 pm

Back in 1981, HERO Games introduced Champions: The Super Hero RPG, which used a point-based system to build characters.  HERO Games then released several more games -- Danger International, Justice Inc., Fantasy HERO, Star HERO, Robot Warriors --  that used slight variations on the Champions rules to handle different genres.  Eventually all of these systems were into one cohesive rule system, the HERO System, which is a universal, points-based RPG.  Champions is considered the first edition, and since Champions had three editions before the reorganization, the first edition of the HERO System is called 4th Edition.  The current edition, which is the third edition of the HERO System, is the Sixth Edition.  Confusing, I know. The full system is very complex and difficult to learn and master, but it's designed for the Game Master to handle all of the rules and mechanics, players only have to know their abilities and options and how to roll dice.

My only real concern with running in online is that it uses some special dice mechanics. Normal Damage in the game is rated in D6, and it's important to know how many 1's and 6's you roll when you roll for damage. There are two types of "hit points," called STUN and BODY. If you're STUN goes to 0, you pass out, but you regain stun every combat turn. BODY is more permanent, and when you reach 0 BODY you collapse, and when you reach your BODY in negatives you die. The way its calculated is you roll the damage of the attack, and the total of all the dice is the STUN, while each die does 0, 1 or 2 BODY depending on if you roll a 1, 2-5, or 6 on the die. So, for example, a wizard might cast an 8D6 Mana Blast. He rolls 8d6 and gets 1,1,2,4,4,4,5, and 6. This would do 27 STUN and 7 BODY. That would be enough damage to knock out the average person. It wouldn't kill them, but it'd take them about two months to recover from the burns.

I really like the system because it's very cinematic. Characters don't die very often, because you almost always get knocked out way before you get killed, so enemies are more likely to capture you than kill you. Also it has tons of fun rules that make the combats hilarious. For example, after calculating the damage for that Mana Blast, the wizard's player would roll 2d6 and subtract the result from the BODY of the attack to calculate Knockback. Let's say that the player rolls a 5. 7 - 5 = 2, which is then multiplied by 2m for a total of 4m. The target hit by the Mana Blast would be hurled 4m through the air and take 4d6 Normal Damage if that caused them to slam into anything solid.
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: GM (Games Master) Registry   GM (Games Master) Registry EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 2:40 pm

Oooohhh Champions? I think I've got that one on the shelf somewhere. Thankfully, the dice roller we use shows the total, and the individual rolls of each die automatically.

Observe: http://orokos.com/roll/580731
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: GM (Games Master) Registry   GM (Games Master) Registry EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 3:37 pm

That subtle messaging though...

God yes.

But Murcurie raises a good point: we use Orokos for all of our rolling here. Be sure to create an account.

Back to top Go down
Riverwyld

Riverwyld

PostSubject: Re: GM (Games Master) Registry   GM (Games Master) Registry EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 7:21 pm

Murcurie wrote:
Oooohhh Champions? I think I've got that one on the shelf somewhere. Thankfully, the dice roller we use shows the total, and the individual rolls of each die automatically.

Observe: (removed link)

Sweet!  That is perfect for HERO System.

EDIT: Oh my god, I just registered and it actually has HERO Dice as an option! If you enter 8dH instead of 8d6, it returns the STUN and BODY for you so you don't even have to count it yourself. That's awesome! This is the online die roller I have been looking for all my life!
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: GM (Games Master) Registry   GM (Games Master) Registry EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 9:18 am

Here's for me! Wont be starting a game immediately, but I expect to be ready in a few months

Name: William (though I go by Wendigo most of the time)
Availability : I run a pathfinder game in RL, don't expect to do more than one here
Contact Information: PMing me on this site is best, but email can work.
Posting Frequency: Daily/Semi; I generally have the free time to post daily, but I will inform any players if my time is limited.
Systems You Have Experience/Want To Run: Current FFG 40k systems (in PbP anyways); my dream is to run a weird game combining as many of the FFG 40k systems as possible, but I'll need the right players for that. First game will probably be Rogue Trader
Preferred Campaign Types: Most things except horror, modern-day & pure sandboxes. I tend to focus my games on a theme and roll from that.
Past Games: (IRL) Rise of Great-Mine (all-dwarf campaign about regaining the strength of the past), The misty isles (weird britain/japan magic/tech fusion centered around Old vs New), The wild north (Epic-style Barbarian warrior campaign, all warrior classes with just Orcs, Humans and Hobgoblins), The City (A bronze-age high magic setting, all players are new cops, centering on political intrigue, conspiracy & investigation)
Current Games: None yet, but should have some soon.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: GM (Games Master) Registry   GM (Games Master) Registry EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 11:15 am

Those past games sound awesome. I am especially keen on that Misty Isles one. Is that the name of the game system? If not, what system was it?

Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: GM (Games Master) Registry   GM (Games Master) Registry EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 11:42 am

I actually did it all in pathfinder. It's a personally created setting. It develloped from historical similarities I spotted between shogun-era japan and cromwell era britain. Both had conflict between a traditionalist aristocracy and a more forward-thinking military establishement. Both were feeling the impact of new tech changing "old" warfare.

The central "conflict" of the setting was between the old aristocracy (all magical), and the Lord Protector who rose to power thanks to a combo of gunpowder, alchemy and strange non-magical devices found in old ruins. Had a lot of fun in that campaign. I still have all my setting documentation, and I'm glad to share if you are interested.

I love creating settings and worlds, and most of my games have been in self-made settings. Even for this one RT game I ran, I created an entire sector (Calisota Sector) & expanse located in an isolated northern section of segmentum obscurus. One of the reasons I decided to look into PbP was to try that campaign again (updated with all I've learned in the 3 years since then as GM), as last time it had been cut short by school schedules (was doing my masters at the time, my players where all students).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GM (Games Master) Registry   GM (Games Master) Registry Empty

Back to top Go down

GM (Games Master) Registry
Page 1 of 1