A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Player Registry

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Player Registry   Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:25 pm

New players are not required to register, but it does give our GMs an idea of who is about and the opportunity to contact you directly if they feel a game they are running is up your alley.

Name: Whatever you'd like to be referred to as.
Ways to Contact: Email? IM? PM?
Posting Frequency: Daily/Semi/Weekly/Hourly/etc.
Type of Systems Played: WH40k, Savage Worlds, d20, D&D (3.5e, 4e, Pathfinder), d20 Modern, etc.
Types of Characters Played: Desperado, Hero, Anti-hero, In depth intellectuals, tanks or the more formal Wizards/Rogues/Monster Races, etc.
Previous Character(s): Links to Character Sheets from Previous Games or simply a retelling of your favorite past PCs.
Old Campaigns: Links to Previous Games or another retelling.
Other Information: Anything Else Relevant?

Cheers.

+++

Name: Jeff or Screen Name is fine.
Ways to Contact: PM or e-mail.
Posting Frequency: My goal is daily updates at the very least, barring weekends usually.
Type of Systems Played: WH40k, Savage Worlds, D&D (3.5e/Pathfinder), d20 Modern, Stars Without Number, Dungeon World.
Types of Characters Played: Desperados/Leader types/but I am down to fill any roll.
Previous Character(s): Chesty - The Vet; Sammus - The Tau;  Miyu - The Sister; Roza - The Commie; Big Rod - The Asshole; Fulrik - The Wolf; Weyland - The Plague Marine; Lucius - The Leader
Old Campaigns: Multiple Dark Heresy (original and 2.0) games, A Tau Shas'ui in a Rogue Trader game, Dwarves, Dwarfs, Tyrannic War Veteran Marines, Plauge Marines, and everything in betweens.
Other Information: I'll be your player, baby.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Threebad

PostSubject: Re: Player Registry   Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:39 pm

Name: Henry
Ways to Contact: PM
Posting Frequency: Daily
Type of Systems Played: WH40k rpgs, WFRP 2e, D&D 5e, homemade and indie micro rpgs, Powered by the Apocalypse in a lot of flavours, Zweihander, Edge of the Empire
Types of Characters Played: Usually I'm some kind of face or intellectual, and being a caster is too much fun
Previous Character(s): My favourite was a Tzeentch aligned revolutionary psyker and sorcerer.  What the revolution was didn't matter to him, he just felt that it was necessary for new growth as a society.  While he didn't worship the dark gods, he did do a lot in their favour; wherever he went, he spread copies of his book, 'The Recidivist's Cookbook', a practical guide to improvised weapons and guerilla warfare, as well as the creation of drugs, bombs, and dangerously heretical philosophy.  The captain of the ship he was working for, another player, was a little displeased when he found out that copies were found amongst the crew, who were getting more organised and dangerous by the day.  
Old Campaigns: I'm afraid I can't help you there.
Other Information: I usually GM, my games are always ridiculous.  I try and run a gritty, realist game and it always ends up as a comedy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Player Registry   Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:38 pm

Name: Ian's my real name, but everyone calls me Bob for obvious reasons. Take your pick.
Ways to Contact: PM, email, LINE
Posting Frequency: Weekly at a minimum, but usually every few days or daily
Type of Systems Played: WH40k RPGs, DND 5e. Always down to try new systems, though I will confess I'm not crazy about anything with custom dice.
Types of Characters Played: Honestly haven't played all that many characters, as I've GMed about 95% of the games I've played in.
Previous Character(s): A current favorite is Herschel Brahe, a tzeentch-aligned pysker of Q'sal who is always trying to do something batshit crazy and further himself in the eyes of his patron deity, for better or for worse.
Old Campaigns: A rogue trader game where the PCs sent up an interstellar obscura trading route and colonized an Eldar maiden world, and barely fought off an Eldar attack. One PC started worshipping chaos undivided, turned into a demon and tried to attack the rest of the party in a climactic battle. Fun was had by all. A deathwatch game where the players were hunting down a tessaract labyrinth that was stolen by the Alpha Legion from watch fortress eirioch, and had to fight a nightbringer shard in the final battle.
Other Information: I like to run RP-heavy games that play up the horror elements off the 40k universe, or whatever other game I'm running. I like to keep my games mysterious, with the players uncertain of what they're up against and have to investigate to get a read on their enemies. Combat is great and all, but I like to have RPing, lore, investigating and social tests to play a big part as well. I aim for slow-burn, psychological horror adventures that end with a big pay-off. Of course, the players usually twist things into a bit of a comedy, which works well for comedic relief!

Herschel Brahe - Q'Sal Magister Immaterial
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dresden

PostSubject: Re: Player Registry   Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:17 pm

Name: Dresden
Ways to Contact: Email, PM
Posting Frequency: Daily
Type of Systems Played: Does Baldur's gate the video game count? I think Baldur's gate should count...=(
Types of Characters Played I've loved: Dresden, Tyrion, Kaladin and Dalinar, Switters!, Tarl Cabot (just incase you need a sadist), Drizzt, Miles Vorkosigan, kvothe, Locke Lamora, Samwise

Other Information: I'm really interested in playing odd or quirky as a mask for deeper troubles type characters (Locke Lamora, Switters). Totally under powered relatively, but resolute (Samwise, Dresden, Tyrion) really appeals to me. Or powerful, but utterly constrained by some philosophical code of ethics (Dalinar, Drizzt, Kvothe)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Player Registry   Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:21 pm

We kind of have a "power gamers can eat a *insert expletive here*" policy. Granted, it is mostly in jest... mostly.

But that is the best way to go about a character --> role over roll. Get some.
Back to top Go down
Dresden

PostSubject: Re: Player Registry   Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:27 pm

I saw "role over roll" earlier and really liked that. Unlimited power makes for boring stories: And then God willed a solution to all problems everywhere.....the end? Terrible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Player Registry   Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:56 pm

Yeah, dude. My pet peeve is one-dimensional characters. Play by post is maybe the only medium in which you have a chance to really delve into your PCs psyche, past experiences, etc. and let those show in your posts. Gotta take advantage of that.

There's a game you might really be interested in. It's much less a game and much more of a writing project taking place in the zombie-apoc. There are no rules other than "don't dictate what happens to other players." Other than that, it is free form and narrative heavy. Check it out..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Player Registry   

Back to top Go down

Player Registry
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Community for Gamers, by Gamers :: Play-by-Post Gaming :: Introductions!-
Jump to: