A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)

Go down 
+4
Hydrako
Mac_tonite
Iron and Metal
Carnelian
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyTue May 12, 2020 10:36 pm

Wiremu looked away from Stubbs and to the others strung up.

He gagged a little, still woozy from his injuries and the drugs.
He had seen death before...but not like this...

“Bro...Stubbs....they’re dead.....”
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyWed May 13, 2020 1:55 am

Spoiler:

Stubbs be lookin' hard at dem. Tryin' his bes ta see if dey tha way tha Wiremu say dey be.

He prolly right.

Stubbs be feelin' angry. Hot tempuhed and the like. Why dey had ta die? Dey came this place only as a first lil thang fuh tha new Captain. And already dey be losin' too many to sum crazy mutants. Too many already.

"Nah, nah. You'll be seein'. Maybe we's wrong..."

But the big man knew he be lyin' to hisself. But maybe...maybe he waddn't.
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyWed May 13, 2020 7:32 am

Wiremu's eyes dropped down and some tears fell.

"...yeah man....maybe youse right...."
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyWed May 13, 2020 1:53 pm

Spoiler:

Carefully placing the heels of his boots on the ground first, Ruaidhri moved forward, his gun ready and raised. The noise beyond clearly indicated that the distraction would not last long, but he couldn't afford to attract attention. The size of the middle body was what he suspected, but he wouldn't know until he picked up some identification. Taking a knee by this body, he removed the metal objects by its neck and around its waist, and after giving them a quick glance, stuffed them into his pocket. Moving slowly backwards, he also picked up the shock maul, handing it over to Uallachan and then moved back to join the others.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyWed May 13, 2020 3:25 pm

Around the neck was a starkly shining Aquila charm. The Aquila read simply "Ensign Mason" on the reverse side. Attached to the same steel chain was a set of dog tags, nearly melted and covered in soot. A quick rub revealed the the last letters of a name: "...plan"

On the belt, Ruaidhri recovered perhaps the most telling piece of gear: a monoknife. Still sharp, Bazin carried one exactly like it.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyWed May 13, 2020 6:06 pm

Rook tore his eyes off the street below for a moment as Cessia entered. He had been ready to repel the intruder until he recognised her. He turned back to the quickly diminishing firefight before she spoke. It had been so long since he heard her style of communication that he found it oddly irritating. He had been around the Bastards too long and their linguistic characteristics were embedding over his own Mechanicus ones. After a moment her replied, The Arbites have arrived, but in sub-optimal numbers and materiale. They will pulled back with losses soon. Our covert team is still undetected, I believe. There was and added emotive inflection in the last statement that he hadn't intended. He hurried on when he noticed it. How is your targeting coding with that autogun? You can come up here and cover the street in case our team needs support.
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyWed May 13, 2020 11:43 pm

"Statement: I am trained in using it but i have not participated in any live fire exercises or real combat scenarios. Query: Our away team went underground did they not? Statement: It would be extremely unwise for them to return to the surface on the way back. They should simply stay underground if your squad member is found to be dead.

Cessia shuffled forwards slightly and then settled into a crouch closer to Rook in order to sneak a glance outside with her Optical Mechadendrite. She stayed in cover, and didn't move to take out her weapon at all.

"Statement: This defensive emplacement is best for one individual, and it is highly probable that you are a better shot than me. I am here to ensure that if you die the package makes it to its intended location, not to squeeze beside you and shoot at a vastly superior force."
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyThu May 14, 2020 2:59 pm

There was an odd relief tinged in with the disappointment. It was better to know for sure. He had proof in his hands now. It didn't make the other feeling any easier, but he saved himself the useless energy of wondering what. Certainty was stark sharp blade, but it was a pain you could prepare for and understand. For the briefest moment he wondered about the body. Ruaidhri wasn't particularly sentimental. Through the course of its life, the body and the mind created their own special union, dealing out pain and pleasure as was their want. But once separated the body was simply meat, same as any other consumable. The mind was what made it unique. Bazin was long gone from here. He was aware that others though did not tend to share his beliefs in this way. Still though, they were in enemy territory and he was in charge.

Moving back he nodded at the others, and then pointed back the way they came. It was time to depart from here and as quickly as possible.
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyThu May 14, 2020 3:56 pm

Correct. They would only be coming out above ground if they were compromised in some way and needed a fast exit rather than discreet one. When she sidled down next to him, Rook shifted over to give her space. When she mentioned the package, Rook clicked his teeth, an entirely human tick he'd picked up somehow, somewhere. Cessia, I need you to stop mentioning the package and my mission to deliver it. I don't need to be scrutinised by the rest of the squad about my whereabouts up to this point. I broke orders to seek out your master at Mae's request. The squad thinks I was off acquiring gear for my cache, which is also true, but I don't want to be interrogated anymore by them on the matter. I went off mission for personal reasons, as well as to better supply our squad. I prefer my motives and business to stay my own. He took his eyes off the street and regarded her for a moment, gauging whether he should continue, before sighting down the stubber again.

I am pleased to have another of the cult in our ranks. I can finally discuss matters of the creed and the machine again. You are of the biologis which will help us immensely, while my past equips me to deal with more practical problems. I'm adept at coaxing machine spirits and modification, as well as dealing with those that may supply you with items to research, if you understand my implied topic. You are of the cult still, and I believe we can help each other greatly if we combine our skills and knowledge.
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyThu May 14, 2020 8:54 pm

"Confusion: I am unsure why you would not want your companions to know about the service you are rendering for the Mechanicus. It is nothing shameful. If you also did what you were told to do then you simply acted with efficiency."

Cessia looked impassive and eventually scooted backwards to be even farther from the line of sight to the street.

"Statement: Any support in finding me materials would be welcome. I am also interested in advancing my knowledge of cybernetics, and applying more to myself if you are able to assist with that I would be appreciative. It would be most efficient if you also desire these implants. I could do yours as well. Query: Are you able to acquire me lab equipment to study the samples I acquired?"
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyFri May 15, 2020 6:58 am

Wiremu and stared down for a moment. Every that h'ad transpired in the last day, dragging his heart and spirit down.

As he stared down, the few tears having left trails on his face, he felt the weight of his patu still at his side and his Koro's words came to him.

"Kia kaha, kia maia, kia manawanui."

"...Be strong, be brave, be steadfast....", he whispered to himself.

Now wasn't the time to give up.

"Stubbs! Snap out of it man!"

He whispered as loudly as he could to the big man.
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyFri May 15, 2020 3:42 pm

My squad is not interested in the work that I do for the Mechanicus, particularly when it is at the expense of our goals as a squad. Please just take my advice. They don't trust us entirely because we are different. We seek knowledge at all turns. They seek to survive and see that each other survives. Make no mistake, they will take you in as one of their own, but they will scrutinise your moves and motives at times because they do not understand us. It's not their fault, merely their nature. I have been able to integrate somewhat well, but it requires constant work and cultivation. I have come to view them as a pseudo brotherhood with each their own strengths and faults which we are both a part of now. But please, make sure you keep your business, your business. And mine for that matter. He grinned at her, which probably was stranger than ignoring her, but he hoped she caught his meaning.

He grinned again when she agreed to partner with him. I would be more than happy to try and acquire anything you need. I have been starved of the feel of new implants for far too long and my need for augmentation grows by the day. My Mechanicus connections are longer viable, but yours might still be able to get them as we move on. I have another gift for a Adept from one of the machine shops aboard the Hudson, and I believe the delivery of this package to Mae will build some good will and that will allow you to use her medical facilities also. If we work together we can acquire new study material, access, and augmetics that will benefit us both. Is that a suitable deal for you? He let go of the grip of the stubber and put it out to "shake on it", looking to seal the bargain and expand his ability to acquire resources
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptySat May 16, 2020 6:20 pm

[Away Team]

The Ratlings are able to make it back to the kitchen/break area without incident. Even as the firefight begins to slow down, with only occasional pot shots being heard, they have not been detected. Jules and Kaylith waited, crouched down and covering them. Presumably, Numa was still holding strong outside.

+++++++

[The Westin]

The firing outside dies down considerably. Looking out, Rook can see that more of the mutants covering the eastern approach have returned to their posts. Only a few of them had left to engage the arbites coming at them on the west flank. It was a testament to their discipline and training.

There was some cheering and hollers from the mutants. It didn't take a rocket scientists to figure out who had been victorious.

One of the mutants covering the east stood on one of the vehicles, a truck with a flat bed, and waved his arms enthusiastically. He was saying something to someone Rook couldn't see and pointing east.

Once again, the female's voice came over the loudspeaker, repeating the words.

+++++++

[The Black Parade]

The convoy rolled on at a walking pace. As Wiremu and Stubbs considered their position, knowing the fate of Artur and Nat, more people began filtering out. Some were middle class, others were lower. They were still given food and drink, but some had started taking a more... active role... in the festivities.

They would come up and spit on, hurl insults at, or even physically assault those tied up. While Wiremu and Stubbs weren't immune to it, as they were clearly awake, they took much less punishment. People were naturally afraid, even if they were emboldened by the Innerwyrm gunmen.

One of the mutants directed a thin man with filthy clothes forward, handing him a bayonet and pointing at Nat. The man hesitated at first, then closed his eyes and jumped forward, plunging the blade into the woman's abdomen.

There were cheers. The blade was returned and the parade carried on.

This would not be the last time it occurred.

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptySun May 17, 2020 2:44 am

Wiremu be right. Time ta be snappin' out it. And fast.

"You right, you right. I gotta be mournin' them lata. And thank fuh tha words. You ain't been a bastard long, but you'll stick."

Stubbs be watchin' as the bayonet stuck right into tha gut of Nat. He furrowed his brow and let out an angry howl.

"DON'T LISTEN TA THESE FOOLS! DEY PUSSIES! CAN'T EVEN FIGHT LIKE REAL MEN. HUH???DRUGGIN' PEOPLE AND THEN STABBIN' 'EM! THEY AIN'T HEROES! THEY JUS' GON BE SOMEONE NEW IN CHARGE! FRUM THA LOOKS O' IT, WON'T BE LONG BEFUH YOU ALL UP HERE TOO!"
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptySun May 17, 2020 5:21 pm

Cessia did not understand Rooks concern with the group knowing his goings on at all, and she decided it would be most efficient if she just allowed that misunderstanding to continue for now. She would discuss things with anyone who asked, that was the best method of communication she had learned. Truth, for the most part. Some exceptions existed of course but that wasn't a concern in this case.

"Statement: I do not believe this group will be returning to their ship in a rapid enough time frame for my study to have the impact I need it to have. We must find a lab somewhere nearby that I can access and use to learn what I can about these samples before more battles with the mutants occur.

She stared briefly at the hand that was presented and then returned her gaze to Rook without shaking it.

"Statement: An exchange of resources would benefit us both, surely. I will do my best to provide medical, and cybernetic assistance whenever possible if you provide me what I need. It is a deal. Query: I still need a lab that is nearby, do you have any other options?"
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyMon May 18, 2020 12:55 am

[Away Team]

It was clear to Jules that they had likely found Bazin as Ruaidhri lingered over one of the bodies and fiddled with something around its neck. They had all expected it and despite Jules not knowing Bazin she did feel a deflated, one because any life being snuffed out was sad but also because Rhone seemed to care for his charges.

During Jules' life she had seen various customs used to dispose of or honour the dead. Back on the penal colony the dead were removed by the authorities for 'processing', the dead bred disease in such places so the prisoner populace were fine with the arrangement. On the Rogue Trader vessel some of the dead were granted more 'respect' with words said over the body before it being shot into space. She was well aware that the Imperium wasted little and she was well aware what 'processing' the body would mean.

She spoke quietly to Ruaidhri "Its Bazin yeah. Don't you want to take his body back? He'll get recycled or just left to rot otherewise."
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyMon May 18, 2020 1:54 pm

When Rook's hand went unshaken, he looked down at it and made the shaking motion anyway. Cessia had agreed to the deal, so things were completed now. Apologies. I had meant I can get you access to facilities in the longer term, not now. I have been unable to completely check this building over before finding the squad and you. I'm not sure what is nearby either. If you found a data port in the lobby, you may be able to see what businesses are around this part of town. There would have to be a small medical facility somewhere. I wanted to check the camera feeds too, to reconnoiter the immediate surroundings without leaving the building. Would you do that while I cover the street?
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyMon May 18, 2020 2:39 pm

Ruaidhri flicked his gaze over at Jules when she spoke, before returning them to the corridor before them, keeping a look out for enemies. His expression was tired, absent of much of the energy and restrained emotions which normally characterised it. Uallachan was silent at his side, his blue eyes dark and staring, and his body quivering with some low level vibration. It was hard to tell from his face what exactly this emotion might be though.

Ruaidhri replied in a low tone.
"Unfortunately it is. At least he did not die alone. I appreciate the thought, but its ok. I have his effects here which we can mark his end properly with. His body can lay in memorial here to show the mutants that Bastards of Hervera don't die easily. On that note though, we should move before any of the mutants show their faces."

Moving backwards carefully, he made his way back towards the exit of the building where Brick was.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyMon May 18, 2020 2:56 pm

[Away Team]

Brick stayed low and hugged against the building, las carbine covering where the alley opened into the highway. Once in the alley, Ruaidhri noticed a ladder - much like that of the Westin - leading to the roof of the enemy HQ. It could easily be ascended. At the rear of the building was a chain link fence, denying access to anyone without the key to the gate. Inside it looked to be a box with a lightning bolt on it, and another, much taller steel casing that read simply in Low Gothic "GAS LINE."

The team, once in the alley, could head back the way they came, head out toward the street where the enemy were congregating, attempt to head to the roof, or something else entirely...

+++++++

[Black Parade]

The lead militia member with the ballcap looks back at Stubbs passively. He didn't scream at him to shut up, nor did he partake in any of the violence, but the look was one of someone staring at someone who hadn't yet accepted their fate.

Stubbs is met with jeers and rotten produce in the face. Those who were coming out hurled insults at him, reminding him that he was a stranger in a strange land, and very much not welcome.

In the distance, perhaps 300 yards away, Wiremu and Stubbs could make out a roadblock of some sort. The Innerwyrm did not seem worried about it at all. In fact, one in front waved.

Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyTue May 19, 2020 12:03 am

"Statement: I have studied my dataslate containing a map of the surrounding area and found no medical facilities that would suit my purposes. Which is a shame, we will need to wait until we return to your ship which is concerning for our chances of survival. They are falling rapidly. Assent: We will go find a port in the building if we are able, and provide you the information we find."

With that, Cessia stood up and left the room Rook had fortified. She went through the building, going into each room that wasn't locked to check if there was somewhere she could connect to in order to see information about the building and any cameras that it may have.
As she walked she intoned soft prayers to the machine spirits and the Omnissiah, just as a habit and something to occupy the time during her search.
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyTue May 19, 2020 3:26 am

Wiremu endured the produce being thrown.

The only good thing being Stubbs snapping out of his mourning.
There would be time to mourn later. Or they would die....

“Bro...” he whispered to Stubbs.
“...there ain’t shit all we can do now...but we need to watch for a chance...”

As he said this he test the binds on his hands and arms to see what they were dealing with.

He tried to look around and see them, but the way they were bound made it impossible. He couldn’t even see Stubbs or the others.

Regardless he starts trying to feel his way out of the bindings....and for a moment he feels he is almost free, but then they suddenly seem slightly tighter...

“Fuck...”
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyWed May 20, 2020 2:32 am

Once back in the street, Ruaidhri cast his eyes about him. He hadn't really observed out here properly before he had headed into the building, so focused had he been on getting inside and finding Bazin. And that was now over, the former Bastard beyond any of them now. The death was effecting more than he thought it would. He was probably the last Bastard to see him before he died, beyond Newt of course, wherever she was. While Bazin and the two Rattlings hadn't been particularly close, they had still been a constant in each others lives. There was another empty chair at their table. Others might join but they never quite drowned out the silence.

He took careful note of the chain link fence with the fuse box and the gas main behind it. That could be useful. They could possibly cut the power the power to the building, or even create an even bigger explosion. While it was important that they made their way back to the others, they should still take advantage to learn something if they could. He held up a single finger towards Brick, indicating that they were going to wait for another minute, and then turned towards Jules and nodded at the gate with a key and whispered.
"You any good at going through locks?"

Moving over to the ladder, he had a look up it, listening for any sounds up on the roof or evidence, that people might have traversed the ladder recently.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyThu May 21, 2020 1:25 am

Jules was glad to be out of the building, moving away from one danger and hopefully not immediately into another although she doubted that the way the last 24 hours had gone. While she was reasonable aware of her surroundings her mind set was geared towards helping people and not causing them harm so while she certainly noticed the gas line she didn't think to weaponise it.

She shakes her head at Ruaidhri's question. "I'm sure this would make a big hole in the lock if needed though." she gestures with her triple barrel shotgun

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyThu May 21, 2020 2:29 am

Stubbs be noddin' to Wiremu. He didn't be thinkin' his outburst be doin' much, but shit always good to try an goad them in.

"You right, you right," Stubbs be whisperin'.

Stubbs be tryin' ta find a way out tha bindings, his hands wrigglin'. Fuh some reason, it be feelin' like he almost got it, but then, jus' when it seem all good, he be lookin' down and seein' them jus' as tight as before.

"Assumin' we be gettin' a chance..."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptySun May 24, 2020 5:29 pm

[The Westin]

Cessia eventually finds her way back downstairs and in the lobby of the hotel. People are still huddled around, mostly sticking to the bar, as the lounge area hugged the windows and now some seemed to avoid it. Since the gunfight had all but ended, people had eased up a bit. Still, there was a clear tension in the air. It was unclear whether or not Cessia could even sense it.

She notes a single camera facing the front of the building from behind the check in desk. There was another that surveyed the bar and lobby. Additionally, there was one at the end of each hallway on the first and second floors. A quick querry also revealed that there was a rotary pict recorder on the corner of the building that touched the main thoroughfare and the alley. This one was perhaps the most interesting, since if she could get into that, she could get a much better take on what was happening outside.

Her mission was to find a data port, which she did. There was a community data port housed near the check in desk. It was a five foot tall, circular metal device hardwired into the floor, thus the entire level's open system. It was clearly for civilian use, maps of the areas, places to dine, shop, and even larger maps of Port Wander if one desired. It also had vox and messaging capabilities, but those were currently blacked out given the comms lockdown.

It was currently operating at half power.

Spoiler:

[Away Team]

The Ratling's eyes are true, even though the lighting is terrible and bathed in a low red flow. While Ruaidhri cannot see anyone up the ladder, he can hear voices from the roof. There were at least a few people up there talking, but none were close to the ladder from the sound of it.

Spoiler:

[Black Parade]

Stubbs gets an odd sensation in his leg. It was nothing painful, but almost like a very low buzz. Then again. He then feels a soft tap from a rear pocket that he could easily reach into if he wanted to. Maybe it was just his mind playing tricks on him.

If he does reach in, his fingers close around the key he had used to get into Petra's club earlier.

Stubbs only:

Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptySun May 24, 2020 5:45 pm

Tests:

Cessia was, as most would expect after interacting with her for more than a few seconds, totally oblivious to the tension that filled the room. She had a task, and that task was more the enough to keep her fully occupied and out of any attempts from her to interact with the people here, or understand how they were feeling.
Thankfully she was also very good at the things that she did choose to focus on. There were cameras outside, which meant that Cessia had even more reason to find and use a data port.

When she did, she immediately began to chant her hymns to the Omnissiah and the machine spirit of the data port even before she started to do anything that required any real technical expertise. No, to start she simply did an area search of the surrounding buildings and businesses, trying to double check that there was nothing she could use as even a makeshift lab. Once that part of her search was complete, Cessia began to delve a bit deeper into the machine infront of her.

Even with her focus being on more biological matters, Cessia knew her way around technology and she made quick work of powering the terminal back up to its full ability, gently coaxing the machine spirit into full wakefulness that she might persuade it to also show her the video feed of each of the cameras both within and without of the building she was in.

If at all possible, once she had hacked into the terminal to gain a bit more control, Cessia would try and interface her dataslate with it in order to perhaps feed the recording of the security devices into her dataslate instead of the terminal. She'd also try and download a few more detailed maps, if she could do so!
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptySun May 24, 2020 5:54 pm

Cessia is easily able to hack into the system. But her expertise doesn't stop there. She quickly finds herself inside the Arbites security surveillance feed for the entire sub-level. She now has access to all the pict-recorders on this level, including any that might be active on the enemy HQ across the street.

At any other time, this would run a huge red flag to any Arbites who caught wind of it, but the fact that a group of them just got shot to shit right outside the building - a fact she could confirm now that she had access to the exterior pict feed - secured the notion that they currently had much bigger nuts and bolts to lubricate.

Access included: all cams at the Westin, including multiple at the enemy HQ across the street: two street cams on the buildings corners (one of which showed the away team in much clarity as they sat low in the alleyway some 40m from the thoroughfare), multiple on each level of the building, and even one on the roof.

The maps were an easy download, and she quickly figured out that she could turn her dataslate into an interface for the system, freeing her to move about as she pleased while monitoring the pict-orbs.

Holy Shit lol:

Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptySun May 24, 2020 6:42 pm

As she pulled away clutching the dataslate, Cessia uttered one final thank you to the machine spirit. She had been blessed enough to receive everything she wanted and more, and now she had a direction to go in order to study the samples she had gathered.
The tech priestess began to head slowly back to the room Rook had fortified, flitting through the various security feeds she now had access to and making brief mental notes of anything that seemed important. Her mechadendrite poked ahead of her to watch for walls and other obstructions as her main focus was fully occupied by the dataslate.

She specifically paid attention to any cameras that showed the area directly around the Westin, as well as those that seemed to be on the enemy HQ and the away team. These were memorized for quick reference later, even as she took note of anything interesting occuring on each camera while she walked.

Eventually Cessia would arrive back at Rooks room and move to take cover behind him once again.

"Statement: I have succeeded in gaining the Omnissiah's blessing to access the cameras on this level of the station. I am able to see the other team, and all that is going on outside. Query: Is there specific information you require? Statement: I have also found a lab that I may be able to use for some tests. Secondary Query: Where does the group intend to go after this rescue attempt?"
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptySun May 24, 2020 7:01 pm

Cessia returned far sooner than Rook had expected, which must mean she was successful in her search.

He nodded as she filled him in on what she found. That is very good news. You must be truly skilled dealing with the network if you got all that data from a locked port. I had tried to access it when the lockdown first happened but was unsuccessful in my coaxings.

There wasn't anything I needed in particular except to scout the area around us. You on the otherhand have found a way to see inside the enemy compound. We can see the layout and become familiar with the layout before infiltration commences.

It is good that you have found some testing equipment, though how far is it from this position? It may be hard to reach undetected.

When the recovery team returns, I believe we will wait for Sergeant Rhone to recover before we attempt a concerted push into the enemy compound. I would calculate that could be in 12.099 hours if something doesn't happen to impact the parameters of that estimate.
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptySun May 24, 2020 7:15 pm

"Statement: It is not important to speak about the lab yet. We must complete the present objectives first, and then go there."

Cessia offered over the dataslate to Rook, it was currently set to the camera directly outside of the Westin.

"Statement: You should be able to cycle through the cameras stationed around this building and the streets nearby. I do not know what to do with this information, but you are more connected to the group and may make use of it. Request: Do not damage the dataslate."
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptySun May 24, 2020 7:25 pm

Hold the slate for me, I'll scroll with one digit and hold this stubber with the other. He wiped his finger tip off on a robe to make sure there were no abrasives on it then proceeded to swipe through the cameras. He slowed down as he came to the ones inside the compound. Are you able to download floor plans of this building?
Back to top Go down
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptySun May 24, 2020 7:40 pm

Rhône’s eyes jerked open as he gasped for air. Rising abruptly from the bed, he clutches his stomach as his eyes hurriedly search for threats. Lumbering, wretched forms clad in adamantium and ceramite, adorned with grisly trophies, taken from his own men were slowly replaced with the contents of room 213. He let out a sigh of relief. It was just a dream. No...dreams weren’t real....this was more like a memory that scarred him deep. He could still hear the screams of his men, and the graveled voices of the arch-enemy, taunting him. Forcing those memories to the pit of his mind, Rhône focuses on the pain in his abdomen, lest he fall into the pit of madness. He felt his ident tags cling to the damp, clammy flesh of his bare chest. Swinging his legs around, Rhone plants his feet on the floor, riding out the waves of vertigo before they finally subside.

Standing, Rhône pulls on his tattered black shirt. The abdominal area was practically gone. He was starting to wish he’d come to port wearing his carapace armor...hindsight was indeed a bitch. Reaching for his gun-belt, Rhône secures it around his waist. Checking his bolt pistol out of meticulous habit, he returns it to his holster with one smooth action. Last he remembered, he was talking to Cessia...everything after that must have been auto-pilot as his body reaches its capacity for punishment and sleeplessness. Then he remembered the mission. Bazin...and had he really let Jules run off?

His eyes finally caught Cessia and Rook.

“How long was I out...what’d I miss?”

Last edited by Mac_tonite on Tue May 26, 2020 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptySun May 24, 2020 8:32 pm

"Statement: Machine spirit willing, we will be able to download floor plans for almost any building on this level of the station, yes."

Cessia held the slate as instructed and simply watched Rook filter through the various camera feeds.
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptySun May 24, 2020 8:37 pm

Excellent. Download the plans and show the to Rhone when he wakes up. He'll want to study them as much as possible before we sally out.
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptySun May 24, 2020 11:54 pm

Cessia nodded and did as Rook requested, quickly accessing and downloading the floor plans of the building. That done, she returned to holding the dataslate out for Rook to watch the cameras if he so chose. If he seemed to not want to watch it anymore, Cessia turned it to herself and started filtering through every camera she had access to, looking for anything interesting.
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyMon May 25, 2020 12:52 am

When Cessia came back to the room and presented the floor plans to Rook, he made sure his memorance implant was engaged and recording everything he saw. If something were to happen and he became separated from the others, his life would depend on being able to find his way around. Thank you Cessia, he said and kept overwatch on the street.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyMon May 25, 2020 1:23 am

Stubbs be reachin' in, feelin' tha key with his stubby fingers.

Nah, no way, I mean, nah...it can't be...can it?

He be pullin' tha key out, doin' his best ta not be squirmin' too much. But damn if he didn't be feelin' like he was stickin' out wit his movements. He be fumblin' wit tha key and be puttin' it in the padlock.

He be turnin' it, hopin' the than be goin' open. If he could be gettin' hisself out, he could prolly be gettin' Wiremu out too. He'd have ta be keepin' it lookin' like he's still tied, and it damn well might be noticed, but shit. Dis was da chance.

But it all hinged on if da key be turnin' or not...
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyTue May 26, 2020 6:24 pm

Part III: Those Who Survived

To those who survived, the culmination of the cluster fuck that became the Bastard's of 7th Squad's foray into Port Wander, was one for the books. There were already Bastards who would never see their mates again, much less the inside of The Hudson. There were those who would see it for the first time, adopted as they were. Still, they would earn their place among those Bastards and Chindits aboard The Hudson, just as the dead that littered Port Wander had earned their penitence. Just as those who survived earned every breath they were able to take from that day on...

+++++++ [Away Team] +++++++

The Ratlings continue to weigh their options. They were sitting exposed in the alleyway and the longer they sat tight without making a decision, the higher their risk of detection became. On the opposite side of the alley - across from the Enemy HQ - was a two story building, which looked extremely vacant. Should they choose not to go up the ladder to the roof, or back down into the tunnels beneath their feet, or not up and over the chain link fence, they could potentially find more cover there.

Regardless, they needed to make a decision. Up ahead where the alley met the thoroughfare, more cars were quickly approaching. And that voice, that woman's voice, was blaring through the sub-levels community vox system once again. Only now the away team could swear they heard the woman's voice from a much closer source.

+++++++ [The Westin] +++++++

Rook and Cessia only had to look out the window to see that the mutants had renewed vigor and spirit. Luckily, Rook didn't even need to do that. Thanks to Cessia, he had the pict recorders of the entire sub-level to peek through - those that were still functional at least.

The cam orb that hinged on the corner of the Westin that hugged the main thoroughfare and the alley mouth was perhaps the most horrifying. The mutants had consolidated their control of the junction. Perhaps it would have been worth launching an attack when the Arbites had them occupied; that would have definitely caught them by surprise and taken their flank... but to dwell on it now was pointless. They didn't do that.

The mutants had strung up the Arbites' bodies as a display. They hung by the neck, arms, midsection - wherever was convenient to tie off. They were grisly trophies; evidence of the mutants' martial power. A show that the Arbites - the enforcers of Imperial Law - the Emperor's justice made manifest - were nothing more than a nuisance.

It was brutally effective.

To make matters worse, it appeared that backup had just arrived. A motorcade headed by a squad of mutants, all kitted out and paramilitary looking, walked confidently along the road. Behind them were four vehicles. And...

Rook could hardly believe it. He recognized the trophies displayed on the fronts of the lead three vehicles.

Artur. Nat. Stubbs. Karsith. Wiremu.

All save for the Chindit Rook had fought, bled, and nearly died with on Hervara.

Stubbs and Wiremu were at least moving around, clearly alive. Artur and Nat didn't look nearly as vibrant. Nor did Karsith for that matter. The rear vehicle, a flatbed truck, was driven by a single mutant. On the bed was another keeping a lookout. Behind him, on a platform with a microphone on a stand bolted into the bed, was a slender and elegantly dressed woman. She was clearly not human, the first female mutant Rook had seen yet. And when she spoke, he heard her voice from the many community-speakers.

The mutant force had just become that much more serious a threat.

+++++++ [Black Parade] +++++++

Stubbs felt the lock twist as though freshly greased. Then there was a click. He knew that his bonds had just come loose. Just as he realized his luck, he and Wiremu were at their destination.

They had made it to the roadblock. Ahead of them were at least two more squads of mutants. Some sort of hotel was to the left, and to the right was a three-story building, the tallest he had seen on this sub level. There were alleys to the left and right; to the left, just after the hotel, and to the right just before the tall building. He could not see down either.

If he were to make a break for it now, he would be severely and extremely outnumbered. To his right, he could see Wiremu's bonds. They had a padlock on them too. He didn't remember seeing it before, but there it was. Drugs must have been doing a number on him.

Would the key also fit that lock??

Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyTue May 26, 2020 9:43 pm

Cessia was not a tactical genius, but it did not take one to realize that things were getting more and more out of hand as time went on. Still, it was not her job to deal with the threat, only to learn about it. The group she had found herself with would be responsible for the fighting.... In theory. She could support, but that was less than ideal for her.

As Rhone woke up behind them, Cessia did not turn but she did speak up.
Statement: Many things have occured. I have secured connection to all of the security cameras on this level of the station, should you wish to review the footage when I am done with my current task."

Cessia was focused on the woman that seemed to be leading the group. She wanted to see if she could figure out what she was, and if that would give her any further information for the rest of her research.

Check:
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyThu May 28, 2020 5:26 pm

After Cessia handed him the slate, Rook began filling in Rhone on what he was watching outside. Sergeant, there is a convoy of mutants, and a mutant woman that appears to be their leader, out front. I have a shot on her if you give me the order. She's speaking over the sub level vox and whipping up her followers into a frenzy. The civilians may start turning to her cause if we don't shut her down. Cessia, can you jam her at all or cause a disruption with the speakers? Anything to disrupt her will help.

He paused for a moment to soften his voice for the next batch of data. The lead vehicles have prisoners strapped to them. I can see Artur. Nat. Stubbs. Karsith. Wiremu. Stubbs and Wiremu appear to be alive still, but the others are not moving.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptySat May 30, 2020 5:57 pm

Stubbs be feelin' good that tha lock gave way, but shiiiit, what dey gon do now? Not like dey could be runnin' very far witout a las blast in tha ass.

He be lookin' round, seein' if the damn muties be payin' attention. didn't wanna go gettin' caught now. He whispers ova to Wiremu.

"Yo...I got a key. Got my bindin' off. Maybe it be workin' fuh ya too."

The big man be lookin' round, takin' stock of tha situation. If it be a time when dey be not payin' attention, Stubbs be reachin' ova, key held tight in his fist. He did his best ta make it look like tha bindin's still be on. He be passin' tha key ta Wiremu if possible. And if not, then next bes thang be ta try and get tha man out hisself.

Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptySat May 30, 2020 11:27 pm

Wiremu had been watching everything around them unfolding when he heard Stubbs.

""Oh shit bro...., he whispered.

Wiremu felt the hope grow and looked around again, also checking to see if anybody was keeping a close eye on them.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 4:09 pm

Wiremu sees that most of the mutant guard elements walking with the convoy are not paying attention to he and Stubbs at all. Of course, the woman - the voice of the people - was behind them on the raised platform of the flatbed. It was possible that she could see them, but it was impossible for him to turn his head back enough to see. He would have to risk the chance if he wanted to free himself...

The motorcade arrived. The two squads of mutants who had been manning the roadblock now had the backing up a third squad. Furthermore, Stubbs and Wiremu both could tell that the one who led this squad - the quiet one with Artur's lascarbine and the red ballcap - would be a hard cookie to tango with.

Worse still, civilians had joined the march, trickling as it made its slow way from Petra's to here, wherever here was. Unbeknownst to Stubbs and Wiremu, there were more Bastards nearby - and new allies to boot. Unfortunately, the Bastards were split up and communication was almost impossible. Worse still, Rhone seemed to be in a very bad way.

Before a decision could be made by anyone, one of the Flamboyants bursts into room 213.

"Boss says that the muties outside are trepplin' up in number! Says a couple of 'em are pointin' are way. Thinkin' they're gonna make a push in here. We don't have the firepower to take 'em on by our lonesome."

The boy, probably no older than 16 and sporting a bright blue double mohawk eyes Rook's stubber. He nearly licked his lips. It was some piece of hardware after all...

Voices from downstairs grew increasingly panicked.

"If you're going to do somethin', now's the fuckin' time, mate." He pulls a pistol from his pants, turns, and heads back downstairs.

Looking back now, Rook could see that it did seem as though the mutants were getting ready to start clearing the buildings south of their HQ.

IC CLOSED - ROLL INITIATIVE

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2020 6:48 pm

Music to Die for:

Round 1

Wiremu carefully took the key from Stubbs and moved to unlock his own cuffs, as quietly and quickly as he could. He couldnt see a lot behind him, but he had to take the chance. As he fumbled with the key, he whispered to Stubbs, "Bro...if this shit gets fucked up...just go...."

The key and slides it into the lock without any problem at all. It was as if the key wanted to go in. There was an inaudible click, but he could feel the bindings give way.

------- ------- -------

The woman on the back of the flatbed stops speaking as the convoy comes to a rest. She smiles and bows slightly at the group of mutants holding the roadblock who all seem to bow or show some sort of deference in her presence. Something catches her eye and she looks up to the second floor of the Westin... right into a boarded up window, and the barrel trained on her. Behind it, she saw Rook. Her smile faded.

She focused on the room and then... looked utterly confused, but kept her composure.

------- ------- -------

The mutant in the ball cap stops for a moment and scans the surroundings. Then without any warning, levels the lascarbine in their hand at the second floor of the Westin.

"Contact!" He starts putting shots into and around the window where Rook and Cessia are.

------- ------- -------

Rook locked eyes with the woman and then switched targets to the mutant in the cap, just as he started firing on Rook's reinforced position. He was glad for the added protection, but still ducked below the parapet to avoid the fusillade that came his way. His moment gone, he cursed himself for acting too slowly. He should have taken the shot before the convoy stopped in the street. He looked at Cessia, We need to warn the recovery team! The noodle bar next door has a vox. Contact Kaylith and tell them to abandon this position! They need to push on the HQ! Tell her to vox Poo-Beyah for back up!

------- ------- -------

The brute of a mutant jumps into action. In a few heavy thuds, he moves south and makes it into the cover of a vehicle.

------- ------- -------

Rhône listens intently, processing the information from both Rook and Cessia with affirmative nods. His tactical mind raced as he weighed the options. Rook could be rights, taking out the voice of this uprising could be enough to break the enemy’s resolve....or it could just serve to piss them off and draw them into the fight sooner than necessary. But all of those thoughts were cut short by the news he was just delivered. Far worse than a semi-automatic burst of autogun fire to the torso, was the possibility Artur, Nat and Karsith were casualties to a glorified grocery trip gone wrong. Staring off at nothing in particular, the grizzled Sergeant clenches his jaw at the news. He went numb. More odd was the hint of sympathy in Rook’s voice. Maybe the cold-hearted tech priest wasn’t as cold-hearted as Rhône was led to believe. With a few controlled breaths, Rhône refocuses. He didn’t know the fate of the other Bastards, but Stubbs and Wiremu were still alive and he wouldn’t allow the enemy to change that. Meanwhile Jules, Uallahan, Ruaidhri and Emperor willing, Bazin....were potentially on their way back to the relative safety of the Westin. A squad spread out with no communications....this was a shit sandwich ripe for the taking. Finally turning, Rhône speaks to Rook.

“Roger. Hold your fire, Malakai. I like where your head’s at, but that’s a money shot we can’t afford to miss-“

Rhône is cutoff by the crack of a lascarbine. So much for planning an attack. Taking cover, the Sergeant draws his bolt pistol.

“Malakai, that stubber is our ticket to live right now. Identify priority targets, and keep those beady-eyed shits from advancing on this building. Cessia, it’s a long shot but in as few fuckin’ words possible, what would it take for you to tap into the station-wide PA? You guys keep busy, I’ll go see if Cuck and his boys want to put all that teenage angst to use.”

Rhône keeps low, and makes his way downstairs.

------ ------- -------

With no directives, the Ashigaru hold tight.

------- ------- -------

The big leader of the Flamboyants begins calling out to his crew. "Those fuckin' uggos come in 'ere with an attitude, start cookin' 'em. Use the civvies as shields if you need to." The civilians in the lobby looked very nervous. It was clear he wasn't joking.

------- ------- -------

The mutant squad farthest west, who were on the frontline with the arbites shootout, hold their position. They have no clear target and no new orders. For them, not much changed than a heightened sense of security.

------- ------- -------

The second enemy squad immediately begins engaging the second floor of the Westin, attempting to put their shots into the same spot as the lasbeams were hitting. The volley of autogun fire literally brightens up the dim lighting from outside, and the brick walls of the Westin start to churn up around Rook's window.

Rook shifts his body slightly, just in time to see a chunk of the wall where he just occupied fly off.

------- ------- -------

The third squad that rolled in with the convoy splits in two. Voices in the streets cannot be heard over the commotion, but as the civilians who followed the black parade flee, half of the squad moves to protect the voice. The other half moves to the front of the Westin, taking cover against the walls.

------- ------- -------

Kaylith hears the eruption of gunfire, but without any commands holds her position and hoped that Rook was OK.

------- ------- -------

Anyone watching the picts on the enemy HQ roof, which no one was, would have seen the heavy stubber shifting from covering the western thoroughfare, to being put in position to cover the Westin.

------- ------- -------
Cessia huddled behind whatever cover was available in the room as the shooting started, and rather than pulling out her own weapon to start fighting she did what she was far better at and began to interface with the Arbites system that she had already gained entry to. Using the dataslate, she started the process of getting deeper into the Network to try and redirect some Arbites forces to this location to help clear out the mutants before her new group was overrun.

She made little comment to the rest of the group beyond a quick "Statement: I am going to attempt to bring more Arbites to this position. I will attempt to gain access to the PA system after I get the Arbites, it is crucial that aid come quickly.". She didn't respond to Rook's request at all, this was her first step and she would do the rest later. Surely a military group like this had their own vox system and did not need the one across the street.

Cessia feels layers of security give way as she digs for what she is looking for. She wasn't exactly sure how much longer it would take, but she knew she was close. As long as she was careful, she could do this...

------- ------- -------

Hearing the gunfire erupt from the street beyond, Ruaidhri made a couple of quick calculations, his eyes tracking between the chainlink fence, the ladder, the entrance back to the sewers and the alley to the main road. The safest option was doubtless to backtrack through the tunnels to the hotel and link up with the others. Safest though only in the most immediate sense. By taking themselves out of the fight and possibly blinding themselves to whatever was going on was possibly much more dangerous. A fight was breaking out on the road and they needed to see what was going on. And given the choice, the sniper was always going to pick higher ground.

Speaking quickly and quietly to the others he nodded up at the ladder.
"Lets head up to roof and see what we can. We can vox from there."
Reaching for the bottom rung he began his climb. He gets to just above the top of the first floor. Two to go.

------- ------- -------

Stubbs be ready, mo ready to be out da place and back on tha ship. He don' know who be firin' at who, but he be hopin' dey wasn't bout ta jus run inta enemy territory. But shit, betta than stayin' put and gettin' shot by stray rounds.

"Aight, we goin' right. follow muh lead. On three, ya hear, 1....2....3!"

Stubbs be jumpin' down frum where dey was and makin' a break fuh tha alleyway and the covah it be providin'. He know dey damn well might be shot, but shit, he trusted his body ta not be trippin'.

He hops off the restraint and moves as fast as he can toward the mouth of the alley.

------- ------- -------

Jules follows the Ratlings. She makes it to the base of the ladder, ready to start her ascent.

+++++++
Wiremu - 15; at the front of the flatbed/unbound.
Numa - 14 (legs/body AP 3); in N. alley.
Voice - 13; on back of Flatbed.
E2 (ballcap) - 11a; on the road ahead of the convoy - engaging Rook
Rook - 11b
E1 (brute) - 10a; (full cover AP 3)
LowLevs - 10b; holding their position until told to do something else.
Rhone - 9a; will be downstairs at the start of Round 3.
Ashigaru - 9b; holding position.
Flamboyants - 9c; taking cover and gearing up to fight if enemy is hostile.
E Squad 1 - 9d; holding tight.
E squad 2 - 8a; suppression on second floor
E squad 3 - 8b; 1/2 moving to front of Westin/1/2 moving to cover the Voice.
Kaylith - 7a; holding tight.
E squad 4 - 7b; makin' money moves.
Cessia - 6a; hackin' like a hacker (4 DoS/6 attained)
Ruaidhri - 6b; 3m up the ladder of enemy HQ.
Stubbs - 6c; just at the entrance of the alley
Jules - 4; base of ladder at enemy HQ

Last edited by Iron and Metal on Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 13, 2020 9:53 pm

Music to Die for, Puscifer "The Arsonist":

Round 2

Wiremu nods to Stubbs before dropping down and taking off towards the alleyway at a run.  At least that was the plan. Whether it was the drugs still lingering in his system, or the exhaustion from the days events, his legs give out underneath him and he drops to the ground in a heap.

------- ------- -------

Numa peers down the alleyway, nearly pulling the trigger on the big figure running toward her. She only realizes at the last moment that the big figure running toward the alley was, in fact, a human and not a mutant. She holds her fire and lifts up an arm and waves him over quickly.

"Hoo-la, contact," she hisses to Uallachan behind her.

------- ------- -------

The Voice looked furious, but only for a split second. No one noticed of course. There was a wall of gunfire pelting the hotel, and her glorious Innerwyrm accompanying her were experts at their job. They wouldn't be staring at her face; they would be looking for targets to kill.

"You keep running and she dies," she says to Stubbs. Even among the chaos, he heard her as clear as if she had spoken to him in a library. He knew she was in his head. She had a heavy pistol in her hand. She was pointing it directly at Special Arbitrator Anderson's head. Much like Stubbs and Wiremu before, the Arbitrator was slung up on a rack, but hers was at the rear of the vehicle.

Stubbs detected no hint of a lie in the Voice.

------- ------- -------

The mutant in the ball cap, seeing the commotion in his peripheral vision, turns and focuses on Wiremu and Stubbs. He stops firing and runs to secure the Chindit, planting a firm knee on Wiremu's upper back.

------- ------- -------

Rook stayed crouched behind cover and waited for a break in the fire. He was greeted with a sudden slackening in the fusilade as a few of the mutants suddenly needed to reload. He stood up and thumped the barrel of his stubber down on the sill and aimed briefly at the mutant with the ball cap. it was kneeling on someone and ignoring him, so Rook switched targets to the squad of mutants firing at him from the other side of a number of cars. He spied the leader and unleashed a torrent of bullets at it. His aim wasn't to kill it, but he still came incredibly close.

------- ------- -------

The brute of a mutant smiles back at Rook through the fusillade of fire. He very carefully pulls a heavy, stocky weapon from his back and takes aim at the window Rook was in.

------- ------- -------
Rhone continues his flat out run, feeling much more invigorated [FP used to restore 7 hp]. He makes it down the stairs and around the bend to the bottom floor hallway. He makes it in time to hear Cuck yell out, "Bitches, receive stitches!!" It was unclear if he was roaring at his own gangers or the figures quickly approaching from outside.

“I hope you’ve got a better warcry rehearsed than...well than that...”

Rhone steps off the stairs as he slides the magazine out of his bolt pistol, ceremoniously checking to make sure no stray rounds decided to go rogue and leave since the last time he checked. Slamming the magazine home for effect, he holds the pistol at his side. He was in far better condition since Cuck or anybody else for that matter had seen him last. His stance was strong. His confidence emanated an aura that may as well have added another five inches to his already powerful frame. Flashing a wide grin, his voice booms, each word articulated with the precision of a long-las pressed against its target’s temple.

“Might I make a suggestion?”

------ ------- -------

The Ashigaru grow increasingly anxious. To sit tight while a gunfight was erupting so close took a lot of discipline, especially when they clearly wanted to be in the fight. They were Guard after all; well, at one time they were. Now they had no homeland. Luckily they had an abundance of discipline.

------- ------- -------

The Flamboyants rallied around their leader Cuck. Ten of them total, they stood haphazardly around. Some were taking cover behind couches, the bar, while others stood almost in a challenge to whomever would dare storm in.

------- ------- -------

The mutant squad farthest west, begins to shift, but only ever so slightly. A few of its members take up a position closer to the alley mouth. The majority stay and guard the western approach of the main thoroughfare.

------- ------- -------

The second enemy squad returns fire on Rook. Magazines were dropped out of weapons and quickly replaced. They didn't fuck about with semi-auto fire now. No, now they were pouring on the full auto.The sound was deafening and the walls around Rook started getting properly chewed up. His window no longer had any glass in it, and the table he had put up as cover was being chunked to pieces.

------- ------- -------

The third squad remains split. Half of them moving to either side of the main entrance of the Westin. The other half guarding the voice, while taking pot shots at Rook. Miraculously, every shot misses. Not only that, some of the squad experience weapon jams and get to work trying to clear them.

------- ------- -------

Kaylith gets up and moves to a position behind Jules to get ready to head up the ladder too. In the meantime, she keeps her weapon trained down the alley backing up Numa.

------- ------- -------

From the Rooftop, a heavy barrel peeks over. The team behind it doesn't waste a moment, firing a burst to gauge their aim and range. The burst is eerily accurate.

Luckily, Rook gets out of the way before the majority of the rounds tear into the desk. He can tell that it won't hold up much longer anyways, but he has other things to worry about like staying alive.

------- ------- -------

Cessia crouched down in the back of the room, still ducking beneath the constant gunfire as she interfaced with her Dataslate to try and get into the Arbite network more fully. She had a bit more difficulty this time, the network proving slightly more difficult than she anticipated to break into.

To compensate for her difficulty she begins to recite further hymns to the Omnissiah in hopes that she can recover from her failure...

...Just as she finishes, the screen locks and turns a bright red. She knows immediately that she has been locked out. Perhaps the Omnissiah was telling her to get into the fight.

------- ------- -------

Ruaidhri continued up the ladder as quick as he could, hand over hand, clutching the cold metal rungs, falling into a swift rhythm with the push of his boots. It was these moments of transition that were always be most dangerous, the most unpredictable. Just like the moments of indecision between actions were those most likely to result in accident or injury. Not only could a fall from here be hazardous but unable to hide or defend themselves they were particularly vulnerable. It was not a time to pause.

However though he climbed he was not blind to the world around him. His eyes tracked down as Brick spoke, noticing the figure in the alley, who then quickly disappeared. Guns sounded from above. There was a good chance, there were enemies up there. This was going to be an assault then.

A couple of feet below him, Uallachan, turned to grin down at Kaylith and Brick and whispered.

"Come join us! 'parently they are serving up beer flavoured dicks and nipples up there!"

...Ruaidhri makes it to the lip o the roof. They had a heavy weapon up here and it was opening up. A brief glance up and the flashes from it were intermittently lighting up the darkness. A glance over the top revealed five contact; three knelt by the south east corner of the roof, holding their position, but looking toward the Westin. Two more manned a heavy stubber on the south west corner of the building. They had it angled and firing to the south west - toward the Westin. All of their backs were to the scout-sniper.

If he could take advantage of it, this could be the golden opportunity that the Bastards needed.

------- ------- -------

Stubbs be feelin' his mind get entered. The command be brutal as hell. He stopped too cause the damn Chindit gone done and fell flat on his face. Fethin' muties had him and no way the big man gon' be leavin' a man behind. Not today, not anyday.

But dat don't be all. When he be seein' the arbiter threatened, it all flooded back to him.

Barb.

The mutant be the commissar. The arbiter was Barb. And in that one finite moment, everything else be disappearin'. Stubbs saw it all happen again, once, twice, three times, an infinite amount of times. Barb gettin' shot, her lifeless body on the ground. The sobbin'. The screamin'. All of it hit him like a ton of bricks.

"Nah, nah!," he yells out. "Don't be killin' her again. Don't you do it!"

The arbiter was Barb and then she was herself. The mutant's face was now the Commissar's face, but then it was back to her original form. It flashed back and forth so many times, it made the big man's head spin. But it be the same. All the same.

"Please don't be killin' Barb. Not again. I be stoppin'."

Stubbs knelt down next to tha vehicle, fully cooperating to make sure nothing be happenin' again.

Please. Not again.

...The Voice nodded at this. She kept her pistol on Anderson, but Stubbs heard clearly in his head, "This was the wise choice. You will be forgiven, Cornelius."

------- ------- -------

Jules focused on the ladder, one hand up then a foot and repeat. She tried to keep an eye on what her hands were doing but there were frequent nervous glances down the alleyway. It wasn't far up but she was trying to take her mind off the amount of gunfire being laid down out on the street not 20 to 30 metres away.

She winced when a large calibre weapon opened up, 'Emperors Backside', I don't want to get anywhere near that she thought. Jules looked over her shoulder to check that Kaylith and Numa were following, but they seemed a little undecided. She guessed that Ruaidhri wanted them all on the roof. It seemed like a good place to attack from to Jules although it didn't leave many options for escaping. Which was certainly at the back of Jules' mind. She called down to the pair of them "Kaylith follow up and Numa cover, then switch."  

...Kaylith looked up at her, nodded, and even in the dim light managed to look like she would be more suited to the runway as a model than in the middle of a gunfight.

+++++++
Wiremu - 15; prone in front of the flatbed.
Numa - 14 (legs/body AP 3); in N. alley.
Voice - 13; on back of Flatbed - aiming pistol at Anderson's head.
E2 (ballcap) - 11a; kneeling on Wiremu's back.
Rook - 11b; pinned again.
Rhone - 9a; will be downstairs at the start of Round 3.
E Squad 1 - 9d; holding tight.
E squad 2 - 8a; suppression on second floor
E squad 3 - 8b; 1/2 moving to front of Westin/1/2 moving to cover the Voice.
E squad 4 - 7b; makin' money moves.
Cessia - 6a; Free Roll/FP Used; Locked out of Arbites Security System (4 DoS/4 DoF attained)
Ruaidhri - 6b; 9m up the ladder of enemy HQ - at the roof lip. Eyes on roof.
Stubbs - 6c; At the front of flatbed; kneeling.
Jules - 4; 6m up ladder at enemy HQ

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 4:17 pm

Music to Die for, Puscifer "The Remedy":

Round 3

Wiremu swore at himself as he stumbled, and was gutted to see Stubbs turn and come back.
"Bro! Dont worry about me! Run! Whose Barb??"
He was getting ready to get up and try and drag Stubbs into the ally way when he felt a knee press into his back and push him down.
"Fuu...."

His word were cut off as the pressure increased, holding him down.

Fuck fuck fuck...

He wasnt about to get out this through strength, so he decided to wait for a better moment, and watch Stubbs in the mean time....what was going on...who was Barb...

------- ------- -------

Numa watches as the big human turns and heads back the way he came. She was unsure what it meant but didn't dwell on it. Apparently the plan was to head up the ladder. She briefly wondered if any of them should let the low-levelers who escorted them below know what was going on, but put it out of her mind as unimportant for now.

She nodded slightly at Jules' orders. They were clear and made sense; she would go up the ladder last. If she moved up now, they would be completely exposed should someone come down the alley.

------- ------- -------

The Voice smiles warmly at Stubbs and nods. She did not fire the weapon; she did not execute Anderson because he had listened. She was not Commissar Markham.

In his head, Stubbs hear's her as plain as day once again: "Lay down."

In Wiremu's head, he too hears The Voice: "Give up."

------- ------- -------

The mutant in the ball cap keeps his knee on Wiremu's back. He dropped his weapon, but being on an assault strap, it simply hangs against his chest. He reached into a pocket on his pants and pulls out a pair of zip ties. He puts them around Wiremu's wrists and pulls tight.

------- ------- -------

Rook tried to break from the fusillade of autogun fire, but couldn't bring himself to move. It was simply too much. Rook watched his cover get chewed away under the fusilade of fire from below. The stubber in the other building was opening up and really putting some fire on him. His position was a liability at this point, so he took off for the door. He barged his way through the threshold and ran towards the door of the neighbouring room. He pulled up short next the frame and bellowed with his best parade ground voice, hoping Rhone below would hear, Rhone! Vox Kaylith! Have Poo-Beyah attack from below!

------- ------- -------

The brute of a mutant continues his careful aim. Thump! The heavy weapon in his hands sends a fat, slow round right at the second story window of the Westin. There is a satisfying accompanying explosion as the window and Rook's cover is blown to pieces.

------- ------- -------

Rhône places an index finger in his right ear to suppress the heavy sounds of gunfire. The action was a trick he learned early on which allowed him to better pick out words over the thuds, cracks, pops and hisses of heavily concentrated fire. He eyed Cuck briefly. Rhône wagered the brute’s need to be in charge would outweigh common sense. If they were to have a fighting chance, he’d need the Flamboyants. Projecting his voice, Rhône barks over the sounds of combat and addresses everybody in the lobby.

“The Boss is dicking around with you folks. Grox-damn you should see the looks on your faces. We scrapped project human shield a while back. What the boss wants you unarmed wastes of space to do, is start gathering anything heavy, and reinforce those windows and doors. When you’ve got this area secure, assist upstairs. The rest of you shotgun toting, angst filled cries for help are going to take to the streets with me and the boss and skull fuck those busted jimmy hats good and proper. Ain’t that right...boss...?”

Rhône held his gaze with Cuck for a moment. The Sergeant’s combat experience simply couldn’t be argued, but Rhône wouldn’t cut Cuck’s balls off on front of his own men.

------ ------- -------

The Ashigaru hold fast.

------- ------- -------

Cuck looks over at Rhone as he speaks, apparently hearing him well enough through the gunfire. The civilians yelp and scream as an explosion erupts on the floor above. Rhone knew immediately that this was the room he had just been in, which left questions as to the safety of the Tech Priests. Some of the civilians fall to the floor, but others stand fast, terrified. That is until Cuck roars at them, "That's fuckin' right, mate! Get to work you lot!"

Chairs and sofas start getting pushed forward. Some work nervously watching the figures outside the opaque exterior windows. A handful of the mutants were right outside the doors.

The Flamboyants in the room, some 10 total not including Cuck, seem to straighten up a bit at this. While they don't help the civilians, they prepare for a fight.

One of the younger men asks blankly, "Wha's a 'Jimmy Hat?'"

------- ------- -------

The mutant squad farthest west, holds position. While they remained covering the western approach, a fireteam had moved into position to cover the alleyway.

------- ------- -------

The second enemy squad finally eased up, slowing their firing to a stop. Some reloaded as they maintained cover, but they clearly wanted to see if anything emerged from the hole their leader had just blown out of the building.

------- ------- -------

The third squad had now split into two effective fire teams. One of which was set up outside the Westin while the other was protecting the Voice. Two of the Voice's bodyguard detail train their weapons on Stubbs, even though he is clearly no threat. The other three bodyguard keep their weapons on the second floor of the Westin.

The fire team in front of the Westin make their move. As one pulls open the door, one behind him covers with his weapon trained inside while the other three on each side of the door rush in and fan left and right. They are immediately confronted by civilians and Flamboyants as weapons are drawn and pointed at one another.

"Drop your weapons! Drop them and you won't be harmed!" The mutants shout. Rhone can immediately tell that this crew was very different from the almost bestial like mutants he had been putting down earlier. This crew was clearly disciplined.

------- ------- -------

Kaylith glides up the ladder behind Jules. She is so stealthy that Jules actually has to look down to remember that she is there, behind her.

------- ------- -------

The heavy stubber from across the street similarly dies down after the grenade launcher chunks the Westin. It remained trained across the street, waiting for the next bit of movement, but for the moment was silent. The small fireteam at the SE corner of the rooftop keeps their weapons trained on the Westin as well.
------- ------- -------

Cessia slowly realized that she had been locked out of the system in her attempts to get greater access. She murmured a soft apology to the Omnissiah for her failure, and tucked her datapad away just as the explosion rocked the room and pummeled her with shrapnel and shockwaves. She finally noticed that the two others had left her alone in the room, and decided it would be best for her chances of survival to follow the commander, Rhone, downstairs.

So she stood from her position in the back of the room and took off at as fast of a sprint as she could manage back into the hallway and then towards the stairs leading to the lobby. As she went she would start to take out her weapon, not having wanted to need to use it but seeing little other option now that her alternative solution had failed.

------- ------- -------

Ruaidhri's eyes quickly took in the enemy before him, positioned around the roof. Five of them then. A little more than he'd expected. Not an impossible task to overcome though. That heavy gun was doubtless causing real trouble to the other Bastards. If it could be turned for their ends though... He was getting ahead of himself. His eyes didn't blink as he made his way to the top of the ladder and from there to the roof, his limbs moving like they had been greased. It had crossed his mind to start shooting immediately but he dismissed it. The more guns they had up here, the better the ambush would be. He just had to hope his companions were quiet...

...One of the mutants twitched as though he had heard something, but to Ruaidhri's surprise, does not look back at the Ratlings.

------- ------- -------

Stubbs be falterin' as the voice came inta his big ol' head. It was calm, serene, an easy voice that damn well be easy ta listen to. Especially since all tha blastin' gone done and be happenin'. And witout no good gun, and no help, he might as well jus' be sittin' down and relaxin'. It waddn't just a suggestion, the voice be a command.

"Jus' don' go shootin' her, eh? You hear me?"

The big man, lulled into the sense of comfort and relaxation, be sittin' down, right where he be stoppin' runnin'. Placid. Serene. So long as he stayed still, she prolly don' be gettin' shot...

...in his head, he only feels a comforting reassurance that no harm would come to the woman. It was the warmest of blankets on his cold mind.

------- ------- -------

Jules had mixed feelings when the heavy gun fell silent on the roof they were about to climb up onto. It did mean is wasn’t firing at Rhone and his friends but on the other hand it meant the enemy at the gun position were more likely to become aware they were about to be ambushed. The two ratlings had paused at the top, they were no doubt figuring out what to do and Jules left them to it, they were soldiers after all and experienced in killing.

So she made herself useful and looked back down at Kaylith, Numa and… where were the people from the sewer, they were supposed to be helping she thought. Perhaps they were hiding. They probably shouldn’t all head up to the roof, would be best if someone covered the bottom “Oi” Jules softly calls down to the two women “Get our friends from the sewer to cover the alleyway once we’re all on the roof, if they can get extra help for us they should be doing that too.” It was all logical to Jules, seemed like the smart thing to do despite her lack of combat training. It helped to keep her mind engaged and not focused on all the really scary gun fire and the thought of her bullet riddled body laying in some dirty back street.

+++++++
Wiremu - 15; prone in front of the flatbed; wrists restrained behind back.
Numa - 14 (legs/body AP 3); in N. alley - Overwatch on alley mouth.
Voice - 13; on back of Flatbed - aiming pistol at Anderson's head.
E2 (ballcap) - 11a; kneeling on Wiremu's back.
Rook - 11b; pinned again.
Rhone - 9a; In command of the Flamboyants (and random civvies)
E Squad 1 - 9d; holding tight - fireteam overwatch on alley.
E squad 2 - 8a; overwatch on second floor.
E squad 3 - 8b; 5 storming the Westin/5 on bodyguard duty for the Voice.
E squad 4 - 7b; overwatch on Westin 2nd floor.
Cessia - 6a; Free Roll/FP Used; Full run out of the room - will reach the lobby at the start of round 5; Locked out of Arbites Security System (4 DoS/4 DoF attained); 4 damage
Ruaidhri - 6b; 9m up the ladder of enemy HQ - at the roof lip. Eyes on roof.
Stubbs - 6c; At the front of flatbed; laying down.
Jules - 4; 6m up ladder at enemy HQ
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 7:01 pm

Music to Die for, Puscifer "The Remedy":

Round 4

Wiremu feels the wave of hopelessness flood over him and wash his will away. There is a moments hope as the feel of his patu as this side reassures him and strengthens him, but the wave of that woman's will rises up again and crashes down him.

He lays on the ground as the man binds his arms, face pressed to the hard ground, staring at nothing, the words of the woman "Give up", echoing through his mind over and over.

------- ------- -------

Numa held her position. Regardless of what Jules said, if she moved now without someone to take over and cover, she would be leaving the rest of them high and dry should someone come down the alleyway with an attitude.

------- ------- -------

The Voice realized that the two runners were subdued for the time being and turned her focus elsewhere. She stepped off the flatbed, heading in the direction of the Westin.

------- ------- -------

The mutant in the ball cap takes his weight off of Wiremu and moves in front of the Voice. His weapon - Artur's Lascarbine - is up and out in front of him, covering the front face of the Westin. It appeared he would be the head of her bodyguard for the time being.

------- ------- -------

Rook hurried to the next door to try and set up another position. Trying the handle told him it was locked. He thought of forcing the door, but with the gunfire dying down out in the street, any noise would alert them to his position. Hopefully they would think that he was dead after the grenade's detonation. He also heard Cessia barrel down the stairway slightly after the explosion so she must have been operating effectively still.

He paused for a moment as he recalled the teachings of the mechanical barring instrument bypass routine. It was not his favourite, and he knew he was forgetting some of the words to the prayers, but he continued on nonetheless. Jacjonson appeared holding Rook's combi-tool in its grips. Rook tugged it away and eased it into the key slot. He worked the tool around, feeling the inner workings as best he could. When something resisted, he gave the tool a firm rattle until the mechanism loosened. After a few seconds he withdrew the combi-tool and tried the handle. He scowled as the handle refused to open...

------- ------- -------

The brute of a mutant smiles and keeps his weapon aimed at the chunked out wall for a moment before lowering it down. "Innerwyrm! Make ready to cover Her Excellency!" The mutants around him seem to sharpen up and cover any potential new shooters.

------- ------- -------

Rhône immediately brings the bolt pistol up, pointed forward and ready as he takes a bladed stance. Training the barrel of his weapon towards the first intruder through the door, tension fills the room. This enemy was clearly practiced in breaching by the fluidity of their movements. Troubling as it was, Rhône intended for them to suffer the same fate as their more simple minded brethren all the same. As the one in charge stops speaking, Rhône holds his gaze at the intruders, projecting his voice towards the Flamboyant who was so rudely interrupted.

“So Jimmy is short for the common Terran name James, a deviation of Jaimes. The term itself is slang for what one might call a rubber, a scumbag, or a  cock cozy. All common terms for Terran prophylactic measures that archiotech’s maintain have been lost for hundreds, upon thousands of years. Me, I prefer the old pullout method myself. But I digress....LIGHT EM UP BOYS!!!!”

Rhone's bolt pistol roars, blowing a fist sized hole through the armor and chest of the mutant standing in the doorway, dropping him dead where he stood.

------ ------- -------

The Ashigaru hold fast.

------- ------- -------

The tension in the air could be cut with a knife. Seeing Rhone backup Cuck seemed to boost the Flamboyants spirits. At the very least, it gave them the necessary courage to start pulling triggers. Those with clear lines of sight - 5 of them -  raise their weapons and fire.

Shotguns at close range were a sight to behold. Three of the mutants are downed instantly, holes torn into chests and faces. In the span of only seconds, the unstoppable force of the mutant breaching team met the immovable object of a group of shotgun-toting gangers.

Only one mutant remained.

------- ------- -------

The mutant squad farthest west begins tactically shifting, bringing more of the force south.

------- ------- -------

The second enemy squad, seeing the immediate firefight erupting from the first floor of the Westin look antsy. They couldn't risk shooting inside, not yet. They had no clue how many of their comrades were still in there.

------- ------- -------

The survivor of the third squad immediately retreats back. "Contact inside! Contact inside! My fire team is down! Kill them all!"

------- ------- -------

Kaylith looks left instinctively as the gunfire starts up again. She didn't need to be told twice how important reinforcements would be. She immediately slides down the ladder with the grace of a ballerina and heads off toward the sewer entrance. She clicks the Vox: "Poo-Beya. We need some assistance up here! Send your men up to support!"

------- ------- -------

The heavy stubber opens up at the mutant in the street's proclamation. It starts spraying the first floor of the Westin, chunking walls and windows alike. Blowing apart furniture and the unlucky civilian, but somehow missing all of the Flamboyants. While they scrambled for cover, immediately trying to retreat, the fire team on the opposite roof opens up. The two gangers closest to the front door are cut down.

------- ------- -------

Cessia moved through the building as fast as she could, hoping to get down to the lobby to join the main force for the combat that seemed to be erupting all around her. She was not battle trained like everyone else here, she only had basic training instruction in the halls of the Mechanicus, so being with the main group was the best way for her to increase her chances of survival.

------- ------- -------

Ruaidhri and Uallachan hold their position, still as statues. They keep their weapons on the mutants across the roof from them, ready to fire if they perk up.

------- ------- -------

Stubbs be feelin' light, like a feathuh, jus' floating all round, lettin' that voice be calmin' his ass into a deep sense o' peace. He let it take him in and even thou it be only a few moments, tha big man be feelin' that a long time be passin'.

And den, she was thur. Like an angel floatin' down frum tha Empruh.

Barb.

On some wings o' glory, Barb come down and rested right in front o' tha big man. Her eyes be twinklin' like dey always be doin' and the big man smiled as her hand came down and caressin' his cheek.

"Where you been babe?," Stubbs said, his voice light and fluffy.

"Always been here, big guy, always tryin' to look out for you. You know how it is," Barb said, pinchin' at his cheek a bit. Stubbs blushed at that and became even calmer.

"But you gotta get it. You gotta take her down," Barb said. "She's trickin' you, big guy."

The face of the mutant flashed into Stubbs' mind. The vile face, a smirk on it. A mutant that wasn't gonna go by her word.

"She's not goin' to let any of you live, you know that right?," Barb said, comin' real close to Stubbs' face, so she be right in front of it, a few scant inches away.

"She's goin' ta kill you and all the others no matter what she says. Unless you act. Now," the final word trailed off echoin' three, four, five times. The seconds tickin' by.

Stubbs blinked and he saw the pavement in front of him. He gritted his teeth and growled. He pushed himself up to his feet and made for the driver's side of the flatbed. He had to get ta her. Not jus' ta save hisself. But ta help out. Ta save erryone. She'd kill dem all.

Thanks babe.

The big man stood and before the Innerwyrm militant nearest him could react, Stubbs was on him. He grabbed a hold of him tight, making it impossible for him to escape.

------- ------- -------

The hammering of the heavy stubber tightened Jules' gut when it started up again. I feel sick. Things were about to get real. Again. In the space of 24 hours. At least the thing wasn't pointed at her. Yet. It would cover her likely clumsy climb up on the rooftop. Jules stayed focused on the last few rungs on the ladder and then placing her feet as lightly as possible on the roof top. How anyone would hear anything above the noise of the heavy gun she had no idea, but she so didn't want to be shot.

With both feet on the roof Jules brings her triple barrel shotgun to bear, it was a solid weapon and gave her some confidence.

...Jules saw the twitch of one of the mutant's shoulders. It turned slightly, even amid the gunfire, and in its eyes she saw recognition.

[Ru Overwatch Triggered] ... there is the briefest flash as the darkness turned stark red for a millisecond. The mutant continued to stare at Jules as its body slumped to the rooftop.

+++++++
Voice - 13; off the flatbed, by the driver's side door.
E2 (ballcap) - 11a; in front of the Voice, facing the Westin.
Rook - 11b; No longer pinned; just outside of the next door - room 211.
Flamboyants (x8 + Cuck) - 9c; taking cover and gearing up to fight if enemy is hostile.
E Squad 1 (x10) - 9d; holding tight - fireteam overwatch on alley.
E squad 2 (x10) - 8a; overwatch on first floor.
E squad 3 (x10) - 8b; 4 killed in Westin; 5 on bodyguard duty for the Voice.
E squad 4 (x4: 2 HW team +2 Fireteam) - 7b; Suppression on Westin 1st floor/fire team kill two Flamboyants.
Cessia - 6a; Free Roll/FP Used; Full run out of the room - will reach the lobby at the start of round 5; Locked out of Arbites Security System (4 DoS/4 DoF attained); 4 damage
Ruaidhri - 6b; On the roof; Overwatch triggered!
Stubbs - 6c; At the front of flatbed, grappled with mutant.
Jules - 4; 9m On enemy HQ roof; street sweeper drawn.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 3:02 pm

Music to Die for, Puscifer "Conditions of my Parole":

Round 5

Wiremu lay on the ground, the words still echoing but fading. As the words faded away, the chaos surrounding him came back. Gunshots and yelling. The hard ground on the side of his face. The steel binding his wrists. The key pressed in his clenched fists...

His eyes opened widely and a flash of hope surged.

He had to wait this time. Wait for the right moment...wait for things to get a little crazy so he could make his move and get these cuffs off...

He hears Stubbs making a move and hoping their attention was on him, rolled over onto his side and started reaching for the key.

------- ------- -------

Numa, hearing the long las crack from above holds her position. If those on the street wanted to see what was going on, they could easily do so by coming down the alley. She wasn't going to leave it unsecure.

------- ------- -------

The Voice strode forward, ready to see how she could aid with the fight inside the Westin, but was stopped short as the big man stood and started wrestling with one of her Innerwyrm. She was growing tired of this game. She focused her will and attempted to quite literally crawl inside Stubbs' mind and scare him into submission. Her hand reaches out to him, pulling apart the feeble armor of his mind and inside starts placing the seeds of pure fear and horror...

Around her, the ground starts to shake outwards of up to 27 meters. The entire second and third squads of mutants, including their leader in the red ball cap fall prone. Up in the enemy HQ roof, the remaining fire team members fall flat on their faces. The violent shaking is felt inside the Westin itself, threatening to rip the ceiling down. Miraculously, the Flamboyants remain standing.

------- ------- -------

The mutant in the ball cap tries to keep his footing, but falls prone as the ground starts to shake violently. He is on his feet immediately, however. He takes a knee in front of the Voice, covering the front entrance of the Westin.

------- ------- -------

Having failed to open the door, Rook decided to change methodologies to something less subtle and sophisticated. Jacjonson was still looking angrily at the lock when Rook tried the handle, so he gave the mechadendrite a quick knock with the heel of his hand, activating the blowtorch hidden in one of the manipulator jaws. Just as he was about to burn the lock to slag, a rapid undulation in the flooring sent him onto his back where the shaking continued for more than 2 seconds until finally it abated and he was able to stand back up. Jacjonson was still lit and ready to go to work, tugging at its moorings on Rook's shoulder to reach the lock, and a moment later and the cheap locking system began to heat up and warp...

------- ------- -------

Poo-Beya clicked back on the Vox. "We already on tha' way, girl. Heard that shit poppin' off. Movin' as quick as we can. Tell muh boy, Rook not to die? From below, the sewer opens up and one of the low levelers crawls out of the sewer. It would take some time before they could all get out via the single person ladder.

------- ------- -------

The brute of a mutant roars in anger as the ground shakes. He leans forward and levels the grenade launcher at the front of the Westin. He sinks a round into the interior, hoping to hit what look like two figures standing inside but overshoots the mark. Inside the Westin, the south end of the bar and a chunk of wall that leads to the kitchen explode in a hail of wood and shrapnel. Luckily, no one is injured. Well, no one that matters. There is a scream and a thump... guess the Bartender made a grave error in location to hide.

------- ------- -------

As the Westin begins rumbling, Rhone keeps his footing  and remains focused on coordinating the men and women around him. The former stormtrooper knew the importance of staying aggressive. Eying the scattered enemy corpses, Rhône could not deny the value of a pile of autoguns ripe for the taking. He glanced to the civilians briefly as they recovered from the heavy fire. He thought briefly of his homeworld of Cadia where the term civilian only applied to children under ten. Cadia was gone now, but Rhône was confident the stubborn men and women of his homeworld fought to the bitter end. He decided those in the lobby wouldn’t have the luxury of cowering in fear while an enemy lurked outside. Pointing and barking to those around him, Rhône’s voice carried an authoritative confidence.

“Ladies and germs, double time!! You, and you, get those doors closed! You boys up front, relieve the enemy of those autoguns and get your asses upstairs to provide suppressing fire alongside Malakai, aka the creep with metal tentacles! You four, search those corpses for grenades and follow me out to the alley!  The rest of you hold this lobby and tend to the wounded and we just might survive this!”

Rhône gives Cuck a nod of approval before heading towards the back doors.

“I’d say our plan is shaping up nicely, wouldn’t you...boss?”

------ ------- -------

The Ashigaru continue to hold fast.

------- ------- -------

Cuck reinforces the orders with his own flair before looking back to Rhone. "Runnin' away from the fight isn't what I had in mind, but that fuckin' shootah up top changed me mind proper fast." The Flamboyants turn and start heading away from the lobby and into the first floor hallway.

Meanwhile, the eight civilians left alive jump at Rhone's orders. They rushed to the door, seemingly not thinking of the consequences. No doubt seeing the only people "on their side" who were armed start to leave put some zip in their skip. Four gather weapons from the fallen mutants and two dead gangers just inside the door. The other four rush to the doors themselves, stepping just outside in order to grab them and the final dead mutant's weapon.

Artur's lascarbine opens up with precision accuracy. The mutant in the red cap had been waiting for an opportunity and didn't waste it. There was a yelp of pain and simple silence as two bodies fell. One was a woman in her mid twenties and the other an older gentleman in a fine suit. The others managed to get the doors closed and rush back in, heading to the hallway to join the others.

------- ------- -------

The mutant squad farthest west continued to shift tactically.

------- ------- -------

The second enemy squad regain their composure, picking themselves up after the violent shaking. Some of them shift south while others hold their position and train their weapons back on the second floor.

------- ------- -------

The third mutant squad similarly pick themselves up from the fall. a few shuffle forward closer to the Westin, but those who saw the big human still fighting even after the Voice spoke her true voice to him rushed forward to help. They now outnumbered Stubbs 4-to-1.

------- ------- -------

Kaylith clicks back a "thank you" and having done her duty, moves back to the ladder to ascend once again.

------- ------- -------

The heavy stubber team turns at the long las shot. Seeing the intruders, there is a bark of something indecipherable as the two begin turning the heavy stubber in the opposite direction. As it was on a tripod, it could only traverse 180 degrees. They get it turned around and set up in a flat 6 seconds.

Meanwhile the other two on the fire team, still prone, roll on their bellies to face the new threat and start firing. Amid the shots being put out, Uallachan takes one directly in the center of his flak armor. It hurt like hell, but he was still alive and kicking.

------- ------- -------

The fighting hadn't gotten any less loud as Cessia made the run downstairs, if anything it seemed to be getting more active which was not a good sign as far as she was concerned. Thankfully as she reached the main floor she happened across Rhone who seemed to be... Leading a group the opposite direction of the fighting. A flanking maneuver perhaps? Cessia was not gifted enough in military tactics to guess what the best solution here was, but she trusted that the trained soldier had a plan.

So, without much of a word, the tech priestess pulled up alongside Rhone and joined the group he had gathered, her weapon at the ready as she assumed she would have to fire it before long. This was not what she had expected from her day when she was activated this morning. A gunfight in the streets. But she was now being led, likely, right into it.

------- ------- -------

With his gun brought up to his shoulder, Ruaidhri had been surveying the fire team, waiting for any change in their disposition. His sight was on the head of one of the mutants. It would be so easy to just pull the trigger now, but he had to wait.If they could get as many of the team up here and then spring...

And then Jules made a noise getting down on the roof. As heads started to turn, Ruaidhri immediately snapped off his shot into the same turning head. As he looked for a new target the team opened up on them, causing his next shot to fly over their heads.

Concentrate you bastard, he thought as he tried to bring his sight into line again.

------- ------- -------

Stubbs got 'em. He be pushin' down hard wit all his might on da arms of da mutie. He roars with delight at the feelin' of combat yet again. Much betta than bein' a bitch on tha ground.

Gotta take some more out da action.

He be positionin' tha fether tha right way and then jus' like a damn train runnin' on nuthing but bein' pissed off, Stubbs be tryin' ta ram him into tha otha fetha.

"WOO WOO ALL ABOARD!"

The four mutants trying to hold Stubbs back are no match for his strength. They all tumble down hard once more onto the ground.

------- ------- -------

Fuck, they're turning it around.

Jules grits her teeth and holds forth her shotgun aiming it at the heavy weapons team. The three barrels unload simultaneously with a almighty boom that rattles her teeth and starts a ringing in her ears.

Gotta be sure right.

The heavy gunner's flak vest does nothing to stop the wall of buckshot that hits it. It blows out through its back, shooting blood out of its ears and mouth as it tumbles back over the lip of the roof and into the street below.

+++++++
Voice - 13; off the flatbed, by the driver's side door; PRONE.
E2 (ballcap) - 11a; in front of the Voice, Overwatch semi auto on the Westin.
LowLevs - 10b; heading up the ladder (will all be up by start of Round 7); Poo-Beya's crew will arrive at the start of Round 10.
Flamboyants (x8 + Cuck) - 9c; taking cover and gearing up to fight if enemy is hostile.
E squad 2 (x10) - 8a; PRONE
E squad 3 (x10: 6 + 4 with Stubbs PRONE) - 8b; 4 killed in Westin; 5 on bodyguard duty for the Voice; PRONE
Kaylith - 7a; 5m up the ladder.
E squad 4 (x3: 1 HW team +2 Fireteam - PRONE) - 7b;
Ruaidhri - 6b; On enemy HQ roof
Stubbs - 6c; Near the flatbed front; just tossed four mutants on their asses.
Jules - 4; 9m On enemy HQ roof.

Last edited by Iron and Metal on Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 11:33 am

Music to Die for, Puscifer "Conditions of my Parole":

Round 6

Wiremu has the key in his hand and is ready to wait for an opportunity when Stubbs throws 4 guys on their asses.

Taking a breath he calmly navigates the key to the lock and manages to unlock it without fucking it up.

Thank you Stubbs... he thinks to himself.

He holds in a groan as he moves to stand up into a couch in front of the truck and slips his patu from where it was tucked in his belt, thanking his ancestors that it was still there.

------- ------- -------

Numa holds her overwatch dutifully.

------- ------- -------

The Voice stepped forward, her calm features turning hard as the big man completely resisted her psychic powers. She would never have imagined, but then again people were always full of surprises. The other prisoner, who had just been bound, jumped up. Feeling her patience wearing then, she reached out her arm and sent pure terror into his mind...

...Wiremu is crouching, patu in hand waiting for a chance to attack, when he notices something in his hand. As he looks down he sees his patu...or what looks like it...starts to writhe and squirm in his hand, and slowly start to envelope his hand. He tries to throw it down, to shake it off, but it seems to just keep creeping over his hand and arm. The panic wells up as it moves further and further up, moving closer and closer to his face...

------- ------- -------

The mutant in the ball cap turns at the commotion. He takes a couple steps to his left, clearing the Voice in order to get a shot on Stubbs; however, Stubbs is just out of sight, so he moves a bit more to get eyes on the big man.

------- ------- -------

Rook and Jacjonson continued to work on the lock of the door with the blowtorch mechanism. The lock was ruby and the metal began to run like thick melted wax. Another second and the bolt in the door was soft enough for Rook to easily push the door open with his spare hand. The torch light went out as Jacjonson retreated under Rook's robes and the tech priest approached the bed. From this position he wasn't able to see the other stubber, but if he moved the bed to the window he might have enough angle to open fire on it again.

------- ------- -------

Poo-Beya doesn't vox any updates, but Kaylith knew he was on his way.

------- ------- -------

The brute of a mutant lines up another shot, this time on the closed doors. The frag round blows the doors apart, sending pieces of wood and shrapnel hurtling through the lobby. Luckily, thanks to Rhone's orders, no one was left in the kill zone.

------- ------- -------

Glancing over at Cuck, Rhône speaks low, reassuring the brute that he’d still have his chance to die properly.

“They’ll be coming through those front doors and you’ll get to split their skulls when they do. Give me two minutes and four men and I’ll be back with the noodle knights. When I get back, we’re going to find a way around and take it from behind.”

Rhône turns to Cessia, and nods. He was calm and the question came as all business, but deep down there was genuine concern .

“Rook alive still?”

--Init Dialogue Break-- Cessia turned to look at Rhone, still tightly clutching her weapon and looking as tense as someone who was always a little bit robotic could look. She responded quickly with her usual tone. "Statement: Designate:Rook left the room when it was fired upon. I saw him enter another room. He was still functional when I last saw him, but that data is potentially outdated with the speed at which this battle progresses."

Finally, Rhône addresses the group.

“We’re on our way to get up close and personal with the enemy. You two, upstairs and provide covering fire from the second floor.  You boys hold here and maintain overwatch on the front doors. They WILL be coming through, and when they do, I want them to face a wall of buckshot. The rest of you, expect contact in the alley. We breach those doors and move slow and controlled into the alley. if you see enemy, I want those autoguns suppressing and the rest of you lining up kill shots. Our destination is the shop across the street. Emperor protect us, or stay the hell out of our way. Let’s go, move, move, move!!!”

------ ------- -------

The Ashigaru continue to hold fast.

------- ------- -------

Cuck slaps Rhone on the back moving with a group to cover the lobby once again. The grenade launcher had opened it up and now there was no chance that the enemy would stay out. Cuck was right to trust this off-worlder to handle the little Monday details like that. He moves forward, heavy hammer in hands and gets into charge range of the doorway. Four of his gangers follow him and get into position to hurt anyone coming through.

Likewise, two of the civilians with autoguns, looking absolutely terrified, rush upstairs - fingers on triggers like complete dipshits who didn't know how to handle an autogun. If anyone hears a quick burts of full auto, it is likely that one of them tripped. The other two civilians and four Flamboyants line up on Rhone's six.

On his word, they move out. One of the Flamboyants opens the door to the alley, and the other three begin stepping out - slow and secure. The first one just clears line of sight on the dumpster to his north, when a volley of autogun fire blows through the alley.

[Overwatch Triggered]

Luckily, no one is hit.

------- ------- -------

The mutant squad farthest west held their position, until the body had fallen from the roof. Two of them notice the sick splat behind them. The gaping hole in its chest gave away the cards. "Contact, roof! Contact roof!"

------- ------- -------

The second enemy squad started shifting tactically. Two of the squad closest to the Enemy HQ rushes from their position with a word from their commander and heads into the building as fast as they can.

------- ------- -------

The third mutant squad maneuvers to mostly form a protective box around The Voice. The three Stubbs had pushed over stand and immediately start attacking him. Stubbs doesn't even feel their weapons slamming against his body.

------- ------- -------

Kaylith rushes up the ladder and over the top lip of the roof. Having heard the shots, she knew it was already going down. The journalist intended to sprint to the only piece of usable cover on the roof - the square door housing that led down into the building.

------- ------- -------

The heavy stubber loader doesn't bat an eye as her comrade falls from the building, dead. She instead jumps behind the gun and immediately squeezes off a burst of fire at Jules. Likewise, the fireteam holds their prone position and begin putting rounds downrange at the intruders.

Miraculously, not a single round even comes close to hitting.

------- ------- -------

Cessia was not a good shot. And there were far more people going through that door than seemed safe or efficient. So she stood back in the Westin, huddled in her robes as she pulled out her dataslate and then accessed the camera feeds. Hypothetically this would be a more efficient use of her expertise and time than running into the alley with them and firing at whatever moved.

She hummed a soft hymn to the Omnissiah as she looked through the feeds, only interrupting it to speak briefly to Rhone and his group of 'soldiers'.
"Statement: Designate: Rhone, I am accessing the cameras on this level and have access to footage at the end of this alley. I am going to give precise locations of the enemy forces and where they are located so that you are able to shoot more accurately from cover."

And then, without really waiting for permission, she would begin to call out the rough angles and positions of the mutants that she could see at the end of the alley in relation to her group of allies. She did so loud enough that she could be heard over the gunfire, but hopefully not by their enemies.

...in the time it takes her to pull out her data slate and then scan for enemy activity, she is able to see that there are at least four shooters on the SW corner of where the main highway met the alleyway. They had the angle to hit anyone making a move out into the alley.

------- ------- -------

The heavy gun suddenly spoke up, heavy shells exploding out towards Jules. She didn't seem hurt, but there was no way they could leave that gun operational on the roof. Uallachan obviously had the same immediate  thought, and as the spotter whispered, Ruaidhri found the lone remaining member of the heavy weapons team, and squeezed a shot at her head.

...Her oversized eyes quite literally burst as the superheated, heavy las shot penetrates her skull and steams apart her head from the inside out.

Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed Kaylith making her way to the door on the roof. Keeping his eyes on the remaining mutants left alive, he called over.
"If possible see if you can jam or lock the door. We don't want any more coming up to join us."

His voice was calm and relaxed as he spoke. While some soldiers needed, or indeed benefited from adrenaline or any other combination of drugs pumping through their systems, a sniper needed ice in their veins. Sometimes taking the best shot meant waiting. Waiting long beyond what felt sensible or safe.

------- ------- -------

Stubbs didn't be countin' on it tha he be able ta push dem fethas back. Nah, he damn well thought dey be outnumberin' him a hell of a lot more. It jus' supposed ta be a distraction and the like. But shit, sumthin' came through him. From the shitty situation, to tha mishap with the arbites, and den dem not playin' Petra right. And now deez damn mutie fethas gon done and did it. A surge o' powah frum tha big man had put dem all back on dey asses.

Stubbs be seein' a weapon in da hands o' tha closest one. He had ta be gettin' his ass a weapon. Cause damn if he hadn't been needin' sumthin' frum tha start. The big man, still surgin' from tha knockdowns, lashes out quick-like towards tha closest one's weapon, doin' his best ta rip it from the mutie's stunned hands.

The autogun comes free as Stubbs easily overpowers the mutant. The big man cannot help but think... Ho, Ho, Ho, Now I have a machine gun."

[Stubbs acquired RAW autogun]

------- ------- -------

Jules literally almost shat her pants as the heavy stubber bullets whizzed by her and chewed up the roof, it was a miracle that not one bullet had touched her. She knew she was pushing her luck and those pipes started to look more appealing. Head down she made a run for cover.

+++++++
Wiremu - 15; crouching in front of truck; 5 Fatigue; Frozen w/Terror - must Snap Out Of It! -10 to all tests after snapping out.
Voice - 13; 3m SW of flatbed.
E2 (ballcap) - 11a; 6m W of the Voice.
LowLevs - 10b; heading up the ladder (will all be up by start of Round 7); Poo-Beya's crew will arrive at the start of Round 10.
E squad 2 (x10: 8 roadblock +2 in Enemy HQ) - 8a.
E squad 3 (x10: 6 + 4 with Stubbs PRONE) - 8b; 4 killed in Westin; 5 on bodyguard duty for the Voice.
Kaylith - 7a; 5m W of roof ladder.
E squad 4 (x2: 0 HW team +2 Fireteam - PRONE) - 7b;
Ruaidhri - 6b; On enemy HQ roof
Stubbs - 6c; Wrestled an autogun away from mutant.
Jules - 4; on enemy HQ roof; body/legs in cover (AP 2)

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 1:53 pm

Round 7

Wiremu’s desperately tries to shake this...thing ... off his hand, thinking...knowing it can’t be real, but his mind can not grasp it and the terror that had taken seed in his mind consumes him.

The things that had been his patu and now was some amorphous blob crawling up his arm...the deep green tendrils winding there way up over his shoulder towards his face and neck...
Wiremu has crumpled to the ground, panicked whimpering drowned out by the shouting and gunfire

------- ------- -------

Numa continues to cover the alley mouth as the Low-Levelers file in up through the sewer mouth behind her.

------- ------- -------

The Voice only partially happy with her success against the slippery soldier, focuses on the big man once more. He had already resisted her and she was frustrated. She was not, however, in any danger of losing control. That was not in her genetic makeup. She kept control at all times. She controlled at all times. She was control incarnate, and her will would be followed.

She reached a hand out toward Stubbs as he wrestled the autogun away from one of her Innerwyrm. It would be easier to put a bolt round in his back and be done with it, but that was not her way. He would see the light, or die fighting it.

"ENOUGH!"

------- ------- -------

The mutant in the ball cap similarly moves north west. Seeing his matron work her powers, he refrained from shooting. His number one goal was her protection, so he kept his weapon - Artur's weapon - trained on Stubbs should he somehow resist once again. "Bodyguard detail," he yelled to his squad.

------- ------- -------

As Rook was moving the bed to the window, he saw a body through the window fall from above and crash wetly on the ground. Doing a quick triangulation with data from his memcore, that body had likely come from the stubber team on the roof across from his position. There was only one reason that a body from that emplacement would be falling backwards over the edge and that was if it was being assaulted. As he slithered onto the mattress on his stomach, he glanced at the opposite roof, hoping to confirm his suspicions. No shots came his way, so he had to assume the weapon was being neutralised.

Excellent. The infiltration team has found them he thought as he pulled the weapon up to make ready to brace on the windowsill...

------- ------- -------

Poo-Beya's low-levelers who had come to escort Kaylith - Andrew, Heath, David, D, and Marcus - exit the sewer and take up positions in the alley to support Numa.

------- ------- -------

The brute of a mutant moves south, hollering orders to his squad. He ran at full speed. Anyone watching, which was no one except Cessia, saw that this mutant was a monster. He was built like a brick shithouse and aside from the grenade launcher in his hands, had a heavy looking industrial hammer on his back.

------- ------- -------

[Dialogue Break] "Designate: Rhone and Squad. Statement: There is a large mutant with a hammer moving down towards the alley. He is extremely fast, and seems to be in charge of the others there. I suggest killing him. His allies are on the left and right sides of the alley, currently."

Cessia spoke quickly as things happened, relaying the information to those around her so that they could hopefully kill whatever came.

“Ashigaru! Friendlies! Prepare for enemy contact from the north!”

Rhône kept it vague as to not give the enemy too much useful information. If the enemy advanced down the alley, they could potentially be trapped between Rhône’s rag-tag crew and the Ashigaru. Like shooting groxes in a...Rhône was really beginning to feel like too many analogies relied on the quadruped beasts.

“Alright, you heard the lady, expect big company coming our way. You three in the rear, move in and dig in behind that dumpster and maintain overwatch for when that thing shows up. We have allies to the north across the street at the noddle shop, so watch your fire.  You two with the autoguns, listen up. Deep breath in and aim. Exhale slow and controlled while you squeeze the trigger. Brace yourself and act as if you’re going to scare the boom before it scares you! Got it!? Now the three of you, put some slugs into those enemies, would ya? Mind the drop on that solid round. I’d say you’re looking at about twenty meters.”

Finally Rhone turns to Cessia. Pulling the magazine from his weapon, Rhône stores it in his web-gear, before producing another magazine marked with an orange  stripe. The Sergeant kisses the magazine before slamming it into the weapon and chambering a round.

“Statement....designee: Miss personality...Good work. We’re moving into that alley next. Keep me updated on enemy movements.”

Rhône winked, knowing damn well the gesture would go over her head.

...The three gangers opened fire with their autoguns as the fourth ganger and civilians moved into the cover of the dumpster.

------ ------- -------

The Ashigaru don't respond to Rhone verbally. Rhone isn't immediately sure if they heard him. Though he was sure he would be soon enough.

------- ------- -------

Cuck yells at his gangers inside to get ready to give 'em hell when they inevitably came through the doors. Some smiled and looked eager for the killing that was to come.

------- ------- -------

The mutant squad farthest west holds, only pivoting a few members south but keeping half of its force protecting the western approach still.

------- ------- -------

The second enemy squad follows their commander. With the Voice and her squad covering the eastern flank, they were free to move.  They rushed south to link up with and reinforce the brute.

------- ------- -------

The third mutant squad tactically regroups. Some of its members take aim at Stubbs' fleeing form after picking themselves up; four form a squad of protection around The Voice. Two more maneuver to get to a more secure location away from the breach in the Westin's main doors.

------- ------- -------

Kaylith yells back to Ruaidhri, "No promises!" as she ran toward the door. Ruaidhri catches a glimpse of her moving in his peripheral vision, briefly noting how fast and lithe she was. She covered the distance in half the time it would have taken him - though, his small legs might have something to do with that.

------- ------- -------

The fireteam, if they could still be called that as they were the only two survivors left, change tactics. With no spoken words, one of them opens up on full automatic to keep the intruders heads down. The other pulls a length of pipe from his combat webbing, rips off the foil on the top, and tosses it in Ruaidhri, Uallachan, and Jules' general direction. It lands with unerring accuracy right between Jules and the Ratlings.

------- ------- -------

Still focused on her dataslate, Cessia filtered through the cameras available to her as the mutants adjusted their tactics and worked to win the battle and protect their leader. It was impressive how coordinated they seemed to be, especially those that Cessia could see around the woman that she assumed as their leader. She had never seen a battle in person before, but had she been asked to hypothesis the effectiveness of a group of mutants she would have assumed it to be very low, simply due to lack of training. But these were skilled fighters. She wondered if the mutations had something to do with that. More to study for later.

She eventually went back to the cameras on the fighting in the alley once again so that she could provide further updates to Rhone. She looked up at him briefly in response to his speaking to her.
"Statement: My designation is Theta-001 or 'Cessia', not 'Miss Personality.'" Her gaze returned to the dataslate even as her mechadendrite snaked out of her robes to keep a watch inside the Westin itself.

"Update: There are fifteen mutants at the end of the alley, not including the large mutant running towards us."

------- ------- -------

Caught out in the open, Ruaidhri and Uallachan were easily pinned by the withering hail of fire. When the pipe bomb hit next to them, they quickly jumped out of the way - moving to take cover with Jules.

------- ------- -------

Stubbs continues his dead sprint to the east, knowing only that he had to get away from her as quickly as possible.

------- ------- -------

It was fortunate for Jules that she'd sought cover; if she'd time to think she'd have been pleased at her choice. As it was her adrenaline had her now, her survival instincts keeping her alive and active when any right minded civilian would have ran a mile off. The suppressive fire saw her duck back behind the pipes, the cover giving her courage she had a quick look her pistol leading the way only to see a pipe in the air arcing towards her.

Fuck

Jules squeezed the trigger but the shot had no chance of hitting as she was already leaping away from where the grenade would land.

+++++++
Wiremu - 15; crouching in front of truck; 5 Fatigue; Frozen w/Terror - must Snap Out Of It! -10 to all tests after snapping out.
Voice - 13; Line of sight on Stubbs.
E2 (ballcap) - 11a; Just NW of the Voice.
LowLevs - 10b; in the alleyway near the sewer entrance; Poo-Beya's crew will arrive at the start of Round 10.
Ashigaru - 9b; +10 to any 1 roll per round per Cessia.
Flamboyants (x8 + Cuck) - 9c; +10 to any 1 roll per round per Cessia.
E squad 2 (x10: 8 roadblock +2 in Enemy HQ) - 8a.
E squad 3 (x10) - 8b.
Kaylith - 7a; at door to building interior.
E squad 4 (x2: 0 HW team +2 Fireteam - PRONE) - 7b;
Cessia - 6a; Free Roll/FP Used; near alley entrance, monitoring dataslate; Locked out of Arbites Security System (4 DoS/4 DoF attained); 4 damage
Ruaidhri - 6b; On enemy HQ roof; 3m W of Jules (body/legs AP 2)
Stubbs - 6c; 36m E of where he got reewy scarrrrred.
Jules - 4; on enemy HQ roof; body/legs in cover (AP 2)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next