A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)

Go down 
+4
Hydrako
Mac_tonite
Iron and Metal
Carnelian
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 1:41 pm

As if snapping from a trance at his name Rook straightened up and answered Ruaidhri, to use a common colloquialism, I'm about as subtle as a low flying masonry unit. I'd put any stealth sally at risk. It would be best if I stayed behind and waited for the main assault when we all go. He nodded at Kaylith and smiled in agreement as they spoke over top of eachother
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 4:10 pm

Ruaidhri looked across as the Sargent got down to his level. In fairness to the man, he had acted well in the past even if his judgement had now failed him. He met Rhone's eye and held it for a few moments before nodding his head infinitesimally and raising an eyebrow.
"Starting sir?"
He paused for a moment, a glimmer of humour in his eyes.
"You can trust me. I might not agree with this but I'll ensure its a success sir. And if it does bring Bazin back I'll be the first to give him a kick."

He looked over between Rook and Kaylith.
"The chances of this are ever increasing now. Looks like we'll be leaving the locals to do the sneaky stuff, and Rooky can join us up top and add his heavy member to the overwatch. On that note Rook, yer mate on the vox spoke about being able to supply some assistance down below. Might be easiest way to get over there. We'll go grab Brick now and see what she thinks. Otherwise might be your time to shine Kaylith."

The two Rattlings made their way back out to the ladder again. If possible to get Bricks attention without making a sound, Ruaidhri will do so. If not, he'll take a knee and cover with the rifle while Uallachan climbs up and asks Brick to make her way down the ladder and follow them into the entrance of the Westin. Ruaidhri will select a position close to the doorway, that it out of sight from outside and earshot from anyone else.
"We've got a bit of a situation. Our sergeant wants to send a stealth team across into the mutant building. As we saw Bazin headed in there before the blast went off. He thinks there might be a chance that he survived and would like to recover him, or be sure that he's dead. It might also be useful to get some useful intel closer up to the base. He's left me in charge of running it though, and my priority is for it to be done smart and careful and for it not to turn into a fight. The real war is bound to come later and I don't want any lives thrown away yet."

He paused and looked up at her.
"We'll be providing overwatch from the second floor. I'd like you to lead the stealth team. You are clearly the best at navigating this area carefully and precisely and I trust in your skills and judgement in this. I'd like it, but there's obviously no obligation for you to take part in this. There's a high risk involved and limited potential benefits."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 4:16 pm

"No," she says flatly once she has descended the ladder.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 4:30 pm

"Understood." Ruaidhri nodded back at her without any particular emotion. He then moved with Uallachan to join the others.
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 5:19 pm

Cessia listened to the conversations between everyone, staying quiet given she was only addressed specifically once. All of this seemed very chaotic, very human, and it was making things somewhat more difficult to parse than they otherwise would be.
Jules had suggested she join the stealth team to provide medical support, but it sounded as though Rhone disagreed and suddenly it seemed like her assessment of who was in charge might have been incorrect. She would address that later, when things had calmed down.

Eventually she found a time to speak up, just as the ratlings came back down from the upper floors with a new person."Statement: I am not trained in subterfuge, my accompanying any mission related to such would be only a hindrance to those more skilled. Assertion: I would be best to remain here, unless someone is able to aid my stealth in some way that can compensate for my lack of skill."
She paused for a few moments then, her mechadendrite poking from her robes to look at the people that had gathered around.
"Statement: After some assessment of the explosion, I believe it was extremely dangerous to any matter within close proximity to the source of the detonation. Query: Do we know how close designate: Bazin was to the source. Statement: If he was close, he is likely dead and perhaps beyond retrieval, in which case a mission to rescue his remains seems unwise given the current state of the dissidents outside."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 10:32 am

Numa grabbed Uallachan by the arm as Ruaidhri sauntered back in. "There's no reason to go over there. We've the drop on them, we got options. But following that twerp to save that idiot kid and his bitch?" She let it hover in the air for a moment.

"If they have the tunnels blocked, it's going to be a suicide run. They got the numbers. The tunnels are already natural kill zones." She didn't ask him to stay, but then again, she didn't have to.

+++++++

Inside, one of the Flamboiants turned as though they just heard Cessia for the first time. The look of perplexion on the female gangers' face was evident.

"You takin' the piss, love? No shite if someone was close to the blast they dint fuckin' make it, eh?" A couple of Flamboiants next to her laughed a bit at that.

Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 11:13 am

Uallachan glanced up at Brick when she grabbed his arm. His voice had a musical quality as he replied and there was a smile on his face.
"No reason to do anything is there, except that you want to. Emporor lor love 'em, was always big on personal choice wasn't he? My Children, he'd say, take a good look at this cock and emulate it. When its touched in the right way, it spurts. Personal choice innit?"

He laughed and waggled his eyebrows.
"Me and 'im weren't mad fans of the plan either but the Sarge had other ideas. Kid n'co aren't the worst. The kinda family who refuse to suck from the pigs teat but who you'd throw a rope to if they were drowning in a slurry pit. We'll see what we can do about throwing that rope."

His smile had widened at the mention of the pig, but he focused his blue eyes back on her and nodded.
"Thanks for the tip on the tunnels. Ruaidhri was mad keen on that approach."
He moved back towards the others. He didn't ask her to follow, but then again he didn't have to.

Ruaidhri moved over to where the rest of the group was situated. He looked over at Rhone and gave a shrug.
"I asked Brick and she wasn't interested in joining the stealth mission. Guess that leaves Kaylith and Jules. At least as a small team, you'll be harder to spot and be more adaptable to situations. My vote is still for heading down the sewers and popping out the other end. Check out what you can see and look for any evidence of Bazin. Main priority is looking and not engaging.

Uallachan sauntered over at this point.
"Bricky recommends against the tunnel approach. Points out that if the tunnels are blocked, we'd be fucked four separate ways before we'd got our trousers off. She also feels a softly softly stroke and stealth is a bad idea. Ambush and go full frontal."
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 11:41 am

"Statement: I am not 'taking the piss'. I believed it was prudent to state what some may not have realized about the explosion due to the propensity for people to let emotions take control during times of panic and danger."
If Cessia knew she was being made fun of by the ganger, she didn't show it. But she did take a few moments to respond as she tried to figure out what exactly the reasoning for the laughter by her friends was. She gave up eventually, not able to parse why they laughed and decided that it wasn't worth figuring out. She would have plenty of questions for her new group once they were alone and safe, but now was not the time to ask about social standards.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 8:52 am

Numa nearly sighed in frustration. She hated the idea of helping the runt Ruaidhri, but couldn't quite allow Uallachan to go die saving the dumbass kid and the mouthy skank who clung to him.

"I'll cover your approach one way or another. Won't go in and look for the little shit, but I'll keep watch on the tunnels or the alleys, whichever way you choose to hit the building."

Back to top Go down
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 9:19 am

Rhône nods as Ruaidhri speaks. He wondered what use Brick was if she refused to help. He was satisfied with the potential plan. Small team, operating underground...it might be their best bet.

“The smaller the better, just ask Rook. If Bazin’s dead, looking isn’t just the main priority, it’s the only priority. If the kid is confirmed gone, then it’s over as quick as it started and we come back and focus on locating the others, and maybe taking care of that mutant bitch with the voice of a sex-vox operator.”

Rhône turns to Uallahan, listening to his suggestion from Brick. Rhône wondered what the motives of a girl were, who’d suggest the Bastards abandon one of their own, just to go on a suicide mission.

“My mission is to bring everybody back in as few pieces as possible....If we save a space station in the process, so be it. Who’s Brick to me...to you...to the rest of us? Bright haired pair of legs and a rebreather you boys vouch for who’s got a useful set of skills and refuses to help....I don’t expect her to have the same priorities as the rest of us. Now you’re telling me she’s got an opinion on what we should do next? Intel and suggestions are valuable, and I am all ears...but casting a vote on Bazin? We’re here, taking care of ours...those who choose to tag along are more then welcome but we’ve got other priorities that supersede a frontal assault.

Rhône looks at the members of Seventh squad present.

“My priority is you...The Bastards. Always has been, always will be. We got our rocks off defying the odds on Hervara...climaxed in death’s fucking eyes, giving the reaper the money shot of the millennia....we are bound by blood, gentlemen. Now i’m getting the impression here that I’m crazy because I want to go take care of one of our own...? Yet the rest of you want to take a skeleton crew and present your anuses to a significantly larger dug in force, when we’ve still got a pool of potential forces of our own who we can still gather on our side to make this work. What are your priorities gentlemen? What do YOU want to achieve?”

Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 1:25 pm

Rook squinted at Rhone for a moment when his name was mentioned. The gist of the joke flew by low enough to see it for what it was, but it didn't quite deliver the payload of understanding he needed. You're right Sergeant. Sometimes size does have a defining factor on whether something is suitable or not, but not always. He hesitated then as he considered Rhone's final rhetorical question. He didn't want to call on Poo-beyah and his allies just yet because they would be vital to the main assault, but there was a tension or feeling that was creeping up the back of his neck and twisting at the base of his skull. He reached back to examine the site but found nothing out of the ordinary. Suddenly he let out a buzz of binary in annoyance before switching to low gothic. I will ask my contact if he has any allies close by that can scout the way or offer intel, but I would refrain from using them to help recover a body at this juncture. Poo-beyah will be glad to help us assault the building when the time comes, but recovering chit tags will not offer the pay-back he's looking for. While Rook spoke, Jacjonson snaked out from under his robes, holding the shortwave vox unit in its jaws. When Rook was finished he grabbed the set with a tug and pulled out the telescoping antennae, moving away from the group

Poo-beyah, do you copy, over. He paused at the end of each statement to allow the big man to reply. keeping details to a minimum, we need scouts for a mission in the tunnels. Can you provide one or two to help? They will not be in any danger, over.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 2:04 pm

In moments, Poo-Beyah clicks back an affirmation. He would redirect some of his people who had already been "cleaning up" the area close to the Westin to assist. They would meet the group in the tunnels beneath the Westin momentarily.

In the distance, the sirens grew louder. If the groups were going to separate and get into position to see this through, now was the time. Rook's room key unlocked room 213, which had a good view of the street below.

Cuck had not formed the Flamboiants into any sort of organized fighting group. He simply put two at the front door, in addition to the two guarding the tunnel entrance in the boiler room.

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyFri May 01, 2020 1:24 am

Despite it not being directed at her Jules listened to Rhone say his piece. She had admiration for him that he put his crew first although if Bazin had been in the building there was little doubt in the state they'd find him in.

It was apparent that Rhone lacked some volunteers, some of his crew were missing and the gangers weren't going to help. She sighed and pulled around the shotgun gifted by Kenji and checked its barrels were fully loaded. The triple barrel weapon was an impressive sight "I can help find your friend. If he is still alive he might need medical assistance before he can be moved."

The more she helped the more Rhone was likely to take her with him when it was time to leave Port Wander.
Back to top Go down
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyFri May 01, 2020 6:58 pm

Satisfied and thoroughly entertained by the results of Rook’s answer, Rhône turns back to Ruaidhri and winks. Turning his attention back to Rook, the Sergeant quirks a brow in interest when he mentions potential allies.

“I won’t even ask who’s kidney you cutout to get that favor, but good work! We need everything we can get right now....’scuse me a minute....”

It was Jules that distracted him. Her words caught his attention, kicking him in what was left of his guts. Why the hell did he care so much about what she did, he barely knew her? It didn’t matter...he had already opened his mouth.

“Absolutely not!!”

He caught himself, grabbing his stomach and grunting in what was thirty percent actual pain, and seventy percent an attempt to distract and compose himself.

“What....I meant to say...is are you sure you want to do this? I’ve seen you shoot before...hell you put a hole in my jacket while I was wearing it. Are you ready to make contact with the enemy again?”

He scratches his head and begins walking away, disassociating from his protective behavior over Jules. Turning he grumbles.

“Just...be careful.”

Rhône makes his way over to Cuck. He approaches the giant, trying to forget his moment of vulnerability. Standing next to him, Rhône squares his stance and folds his arms, finally propping himself against a pillar.

“Emperor’s gilded nutsack it’s going to be a long night cycle, aye? Hey Cuck....you or your boys got a spare autogun, or stub spitter, or anything? The more warm bodies we can arm, the more mutant bodies we can stack. Am I right?”

He grins at the gang leader, his stance powerful despite leaning. Most of it was natural. Rhône was naturally strong. His arms muscled, his shoulders broad, and his personality even broader. The rest was simply feeding into the alpha mentality. The larger Rhône could make himself, the more clout he’d have with this meathead, and the farther he’d get before having to shave the giants head with a bolt round. He decided he wouldn’t take the direct route...Rhône was confident he could run this operation while allowing Cuck to assume he was still in charge.

“I know you have your boys organized into small groups, with your more experienced calling shots. You think about how you want to strike these pricks when the time comes? Hell what am I saying, of course  you have! Probably uniting a bunch of shopkeepers and folks able bodied as we speak. Am I right?”

Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyFri May 01, 2020 8:55 pm

"Heh, eh, yeah, Emperor's nuts prolly is golden, innit?" Cuck seemed very pleased by that. He looked at Rhone very curiously at the offer, then seemed to see the logic in it.

"Oi!" he yelled to one of his underlings. A skinny man with skin as dark as the night and thick, neon blue dreds jogged over. "Give Army here one o'ya shooters." The man looked at Rhone, raised his chin as he checked him out, and nodded slowly, pulling out a chrome eight-cylinder autogun. He handed it to Rhone and without a word jogged off.

"Unitin' these sheep and twerps? You takin' the piss, mate? Whoever told you that as lyin'; fake news if I ever heard it. Nah. We ain't plannin' on doin' shit. You heard the lady on the loudspeaker; seems like they about to make some offers. Suspect we'll listen to what they'av to say. If it gets bad, figure I'll grab these heroes here," he said with a wave of his hand to the hotel guests, "as body shields while we kill every last one o'them mutie fucks."

He sniffed deeply and wiped his nose with his thick left forearm.

"Unite the shopkeepers. Ha!" He laughed heartily and slapped Rhone on the shoulder. He did not slap lightly.

+++++++

At the alley entrance to The Westin, Numa, the Ratlings, Jules, and Kaylith all stood inside the hallway ready to head out. The alley was their best chance to get to across the street, whether that be through the sewers or the much longer way. But Rook had sworn that his contact had men down in the lower level waiting for them.

The sirens had risen to a crescendo now. They were very close. Perhaps a single turn or so away. it was now or never.

Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptySat May 02, 2020 9:56 pm

Cessia stood in her spot until the group doing the extremely dangerous and unadvisable mission had departed before approaching Rhone and tapping him on the shoulder with her optical Mechadendrite to get his attention. She didn't seem to mind if she was interrupting Rhone's conversation, as far as she was concerned what she had to say was far more important than the useless dialogue he was having with the criminal.

"Statement: Designate: Rhone. I would like to speak with you. Request: In private, if that is possible. Statement: I have something that you may find to be important, though it is equally dangerous and should not be spread to others."
Back to top Go down
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptySun May 03, 2020 12:09 pm

Rhône eyes Cessia cautiously for a brief moment, before easing his demeanor with a warmer expression. He never could feel fully at ease around members of the machine cult, despite his numerous run-ins and service alongside them. Looking  around the room, Rhône locates an empty hallway that would offer some degree of privacy. If she required something more secure, he’d allow her to use her judgment. Using a jerk of the head, Rhône beckons Cessia to follow him to the more discreet area.

“You’ve got my attention, bright eye.”

His smile was sincere, but there was a certain degree of caution and tension in his stance.

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptySun May 03, 2020 1:23 pm

Cessia followed where Rhone directed them. She wasn't accustomed to being sneaky or trying to hide things, not like this anyways, so she trusted that wherever he chose would be a good place.
Once they were alone, she reached into her medkit to pull out one of the vials she had been collecting when the group had first stumbled upon her in the shop. It contained a flesh sample from one of the people that had died there, along with some blood.

"Statement: This was recovered from the corpses within the shop where you found me. I found their biology quite fascinating, for numerous reasons. Query: What do you know about the mutants that you are fighting? Clarification: I believe there is something much more dangerous going on than a simple mutant revolt, and I need to know what you know."
Back to top Go down
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptySun May 03, 2020 2:33 pm

“They bleed...they die...”

Rhône rubs his bearded chin, contemplating what Cessia just said. He examines the sample as she holds it up. Rhône was no simple grunt, but it was obvious his examination of the sample would warrant little.

“They cut comms. They setoff an EMP pulse. They call themselves the Innerwyrn...not sure if there’s an outerwyrn.” He shrugs. “And I’m no expert on murants....for all I know this could be common, but their mutations look somewhat consistent. Beady eyes, bald as me....that’s all I got. Now how ‘bout you educate me on your definition of...fascinating.”

Rhône’s brow was quirked, and he leaned forward. She had his attention.

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptySun May 03, 2020 2:42 pm

Cessia continued to hold out the sample, her mechadendrite taking even more interest in it as Rhone spoke. If only she had a lab, this would be able to occupy her for days, perhaps longer. But now was not the time to study, unfortunately.

She tucked it away eventually, clasping her hands infront of her stomach as the mechadendrite retracted back into her robes.
"Statement: Useful information. Common mutations are concerning, this has gone further than it should have been allowed to. Query: What do you know about the Xenos organism known as the Tyranids."
Back to top Go down
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptySun May 03, 2020 3:19 pm

Rhône’s demeanor stiffens at the mention of the Tyranids. The image of Corporal Virko’s open eyes stared back at him, mouth agape as his visible vertebrae writhed at Rhone’s feet.  Pvt. Kovatch and Pvt. Sepulva’s screams echoed in his mind as their bodies disappeared under the swarm....yeah...he had heard of the Tyranids before. Unfortunately, they weren’t a cause for even half of his mental scars. It was the dreaded thirteenth and their “Despoiler” who held a monopoly on Rhône’s torment. Blinking, he suppressed the pit of his own mind he nearly fell down and responded to Cessia.

“I know I’ve shot them before...and I’ve seen good men and women ripped in two by them before...anything beyond that, I’d prefer not to remember. What I don’t know is what you think these bald pieces of shit have to do with those fuckin’ monsters....”

He waits for her to continue. Equal parts dismissive, and anxious to hear more.

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptySun May 03, 2020 3:55 pm

"Statement: You have shot more of them than you know, if you have been fighting the mutants aboard this Port for any length of time. Query: Do you know of genestealers. Or their ability to inflitrate an imperial world by blending in with the population."

She paused for a moment, as if she was waiting for him to respond. She didn't know how much of the information she should share, or how much such a person as Rhone would be able to handle without breaking into panic or madness. She quickly decided that she would try to find a middle ground between being vague and informative. She did not want this to go poorly.

Instead of waiting for him to respond, she continued.
"Statement: I believe that all of the mutants aboard this station, or at least those with the main mutations that you have observed, are genestealer hybrids. They are the result of a long chain of breeding between genestealers and humans to create a mutation that allows them to work their way into our society. Concern: The one I took a sample from, and the others in that shop, were of the second or third generation. Statement: When they reach the fourth generation they are able to blend in perfectly with humans and can infiltrate government or other positions of power. If they have done so already, we are in great danger, as is the entire station."
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptySun May 03, 2020 4:16 pm

What the fuck Jules! Stood here with a bunch of strangers off to 'save' some like poor blown up guy called 'Bazin'. She really couldn't help herself, she almost 'needed' to help folk, but it was clear what they would find.  

Jules stood in the middle of the group, she gripped her triple barrel shot gun close to her chest with the barrel pointed up. She hadn't had the chance to speak to any of them but she was sure the two abhumans were part of Rhones unit so she catches their eye or make an introductory noise if needed. She give them a hopeful smile "So, whats the plan?" shes asks Ruaidhri and Uallachan.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptySun May 03, 2020 4:22 pm

Spoiler:

The Flamboiants don't even notice Rhone and Cessia's leaving, so unconcerned with them now as they were. That was thanks to Rhone's quick wit, of course, but it wouldn't have been possible without Rook and Kaylith making the introductions. The entire squad had been busy making connections, and it seemed like now was a good time to start putting them to use.

Kenji expressed his gratitude to Numa who quickly ran the remaining weapon over. His noodle shop employees were now all sufficiently armed, and he had been prepped for the radios going silent for the time being. He thanked Numa once more before she departed, and she noted that his men were already fortifying their position, taking cover inside the store, and covering the entrance from multiple angles.

Clearly the Noodle Bar employees had done this before, which was extremely perplexing, but the scout had other things to worry about.

When she was back at the hotel, she met with Jules, Kaylith and the Ratlings who were already in the boiler room. Two Flamboiants, a male and a female who was loaded down with various blades, greeted them by the lower level entrance. They were about to pipe up when they saw Kaylith. They let the five pass with no issue. A heavy, steel manhole cover opened to a ladder that led them down into the tunnels.

Numa went down first and covered the others. When they were all down, the pointed ahead. "five meters up, take a right - that'll put us directly under the alleyway and should lead all the way across, under the main street, and onto the other block where their HQ is."

Unless there was objection, she lead on.

It was the exact same as the Ratlings had left it. They passed by the ladder that previously allowed them out of the sewers hours before. Ruaidhri noted the spot where Numa had laid Newt out cold. Without dwelling, they moved on.

In about a minute, Numa stopped. The tunnel split in four ways, two leading to the left (west and north west) and the same going right (east and north east).

"Movement ahead."

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptySun May 03, 2020 5:18 pm

Still speaking to Poo-beyah, Kaylith will be with the group. When she approaches your people, offer up the challenge, what was Rook wanting to purchase in the bar? Tell them your answer, and I'll tell her mine. Eavesdroppers won't know the answer this way.

Before the rescue team left, Rook handed over the short range vox to Kaylith. Vox Kenji on channel 00 if there are any issues. Otherwise remain silent. Poo-beyah's people will challenge you as you approach. They'll ask what I wanted to purchase from him at the bar, below. The answer is a red dot laser sight.
Be careful on this pointless errand. I believe Bazin to have already expired, and I don't want to see anymore lives follow his, especially yours. You are more valuable to me alive than dead, my dear.
The last words snuck out of their own volition, and Rook was visibly surprised by their sincerity. Even if it was a less than romantic statement overall.
Back to top Go down
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyMon May 04, 2020 12:00 am

Rhône’s lips moved to exclaim the word “Bullshit”, but he knew it wasn’t. As strange as she was, Cessia’s explanation was thorough, and it was more likely her expertise in this area would check out than it wouldn’t. It was all beginning to make more sense and while there was little that surprised Rhône anymore, the concept of a Tyranid, human hybrid was disturbing. The more he thought about the concept, the more he wanted to get out there and put the things down.

“You mean to tell me those ugly bugs bumped uglies with a human and produced these sadistic little fucks? How do they do it....some sort of hypnosis or a biological means? What else can you tell me about them? Do you know anything about their organization...their hierarchy? Are the susceptible to heat...to cold? ”

Rhone was eager to learn all Cessia had to offer on the subject. His tactical mind was hungry for every bit of information she had.  If he knew what made them tick, maybe they could find a way to cut off the head of the beast. Then the reality of the situation hit him like a ton of rockrete.

“If these are hybrids...when do the real monsters come out to play...?

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyMon May 04, 2020 9:23 am

Despite the topic of conversation, Cessia became slightly more animated as it went on. She leaned forward slightly and seemed to be tensing then untensing her hands every so often. She was excited. She loved discussing the things she had researched more than anything else, and it let her forget about the various social expectations that she usually had to work within.

"Statement: I am unsure how they convince humans to procreate. There is an infection option, as well as sexual intercourse that I am aware of. Addition: They will also attempt to convert some of the population to worshipping the Patriarch of the cult that they create. The Patriarch to my understanding is the original genestealer. Their goal is to topple our government and make the station weak enough that a hive fleet could arrive and easily convert us to biomass. Concern: As I said, if the have reached the point of open rebellion then we are close to the final stages."

She eventually reached for the vial containing her sample once again.
"Statement: I have had few opportunities to study them closely. Request: You could provide me with an intact corpse of one of the hybrids. Two would be ideal for experimentation, but one is manageable. From there I would need access to a medical laboratory and I would then be able to answer your questions as to their weaknesses. Statement: I do not know any weaknesses that they have, and will not without that chance for further study."
Back to top Go down
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyMon May 04, 2020 1:53 pm

Rhone was amused as he notes Cessia’s excitement, or at least the closest thing he’d seen to excitement from her so far. He shudders at the thought of a bug-human sexapalooza, before his mind quickly represses the image. He pats his pockets in jest, as if looking for something.

“I’m a bit of a miracle worker, bright eye...but it seems I left the lab in my other trousers. Beady-eyed corpses though...THAT,  I could do.”  

He grunts and turns away momentarily. The distraction of learning more about these things had taken his mind off the pain for just a minute. Rhône felt utter disgust in himself for his injuries. He had already sent the team out on an errand where the risk could greatly outweigh the reward. He should be there....The Sergeant would have an even harder time sending them on a mutant, man-bug, corpse-run without being there himself. He let out a sigh before looking back at Cessia.

“I’ve got a few corpses not far from here. Mass reactive rounds and scattershot took care of them, but I’d guarantee there’s a head and a chest cavity still intact between the lot. Not sure how fresh you prefer your xenos cadavers, though. As for a lab...do you know anything nearby that might fulfill that need? If we can access some schematics of this station, or a map...maybe we can locate an infirmity, or something nearby.”

He rubs his chin. Initially there was a part of Rhône that only cared to locate his employer and the other Bastards, and maybe have a small influence on the survival of those civilians he came across. Now, the true weight of the situation came crashing down on him.  Condemned or not, this threat was a direct call of duty for the Bastards. Rhône suddenly comes to a realization. The Tyranids were practically insects. Were these hybrids so far removed from their overlords?

“You said there’s a patriarch. In theory,  he...it, would have to be nearby, right?”

It was a thought that meant nothing if it wasn’t confirmed. Would their forces be that deterred by the assassination of their patriarch, or would another simply rise up and take its place? Still...the momentary confusion and shift in leadership could be all the edge they needed in this fight. But what we’re they more...human or bug?

Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyMon May 04, 2020 3:06 pm

Spoiler:

Ruaidhri moved through the tunnels, with Uallachan at his side. He had been against this mission from the outset. It was pure foolishness from Rhone and if blood was spilled here, he was going to have serious words with his sergeant. Circumstances had of course dictated that he would have to join the group making the forlorn sneak, but he was determined that he would vouchsafe the lives of those around him above getting evidence of Bazin's demise.

As Brick spoke, he held up a hand to those behind him and took a position slightly behind their guide with his weapon ready. If these were Rook's allies, they would raise the challenge and then they would proceed. If it wasn't they would judge the force ahead of them.
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyMon May 04, 2020 3:18 pm

"Admission: Unfortunately I know little beyond what I have already said. Had I access to the mechanicus research or laboratories I would be able to expand upon this but that is not the circumstances I have found myself in. Statement: I can examine the corpses you have here and glean what information I can from them. Concern: I doubt that there will be any new information from such an examination, I do not have the proper tools to analyze what I find. Reassurance: But I can do my best with whatever you are able to provide me."

She paused, pulling out a dataslate and looking briefly at the map she had been given. It didn't take her long to realize that without the mechanicus she was completely cut off from basically anything that would actually be helpful to her right now.

"Query: There is a Magos Biologis aboard your ship, correct? Statement: If we are able to reach your ship I could perform the studies with her assistance using the tools that she has at her disposal. Admission: But here, in this section of the station, there is nothing that will serve my needs. We must work with the little we have."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyMon May 04, 2020 7:42 pm

[Tunnels]

As they all stopped, Kaylith stepped forward... very quietly Ruadhri noted. She had a knack for stealth, more so then a lot of the other Bastards. She raised a hand to her mouth to project a loud whisper. She gave a final look to make sure the other hardened fighters she was with were ready and then waited for the challenge. Sure enough, it came a few moments later.

"Uh, what shit you tryin to buy earlier n'shit? Dat metal homie, Rook. What he wanna buy n'shit?"

Kaylith looked perplexed for a moment and then shrugged. Close enough.

"Red dot laser sight," she whispered loudly. There were a coupled of hushed voices.

"All right, coo' coo'. we steppin' out. Don't start shootin' or you finna catch this smoke, y'feel me?"

Kaylith was certain that she did not "feel" this guy, but understood the meaning well enough. From the bend to the left, a low-leveler with stepped out. Then another to cover him. They were clearly human, dressed in warm clothing - flannel shirts, denim pants of different colors, and had head coverings and or bandannas. They were armed - not with anything heavy, but with small arms.

"Got three more homies with me. P.B. said to meet you here and cover your ass. Damn, girl, what an ass to cover though."

He held out a hand and the guy behind him hit it with his, all the while giggling.

"Andrew, Heath, Dave, get your asses out here. Be polite n'shit." The leader smiled as the other three came out and then pointed to the man covering him.

"Dats D. We call him D because his real name is hard as fuck to pronounce. Dom... Domonahal.. Fuckin' donut. Dats D." The other guy looked pissed off but shrugged it off. This was normal apparently.

"I'm Marcus. Lead the way."

+++++++

[Westin: Room 213]

Rook found the room much the same as before. An honest-to-Emperor bed in a small room with a separate washroom and sink area. There was even a closet, a desk, and two soft chairs. There was one window in the room that dominated the far wall. The blinds were closed, but opened to reveal the main freeway beyond. It was occupied by mutants now, of course, but from this vantage point, one would have to be directly against the window to be seen from street level.

This meant that the room gave a good view to the second story of the mutant HQ as well. Though, it would be tough to see the roof from this angle. One would have to get on the floor and look up. Still, it could be done if need be.

Rook, Jacjohnson, and the cut-down heavy stubber stood in the room. With the away team away, Rhone and the new tech priest talking, Rook was alone for a moment.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 12:28 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 10:07 am

[Tunnels]

Jules had kept tight to the group, roughly in the middle to keep safe. Not because she was scared although she was certainly nervous, but because it was the smart thing to do. She kept her shotgun at the ready, barrel pointed down.

As the two group introduced themselves and Kayliths' ass was mentioned Jules gave it a critical look

yup, that is indeed pretty fine

She stayed silent as introductions were made although she gave a cheerful nod to any who met her gaze. When they were due to move out she got serious, donning her photosight goggles and had a quick scan about with her auspex that hung from her belt.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 10:52 am

“Those corpses are littering a little shop, not much farther from where we bumped into you at. We’d have to drag them back here. Tell me bright eye, what’s your mission. Your purpose...your goal?  If you say these are Tyranids, we aim to put them down. You’re welcome to stick around with us, but I expect a whole lot of death and mayhem coming our way soon. You up for it?”

He nodded as Cessia inquired about a Magos Biologis.

“Yeah, I had one assigned to my unit when we arrived aboard the Hudson. Hell...there might be a few, but Mae was assigned to the Bastards when we were acquired.”

Rhône puts emphasis on the last word. He had wondered just what exactly the terms of the Bastards service would require them to do. With the perks, the Sergeant was sure drawbacks would follow. They had experienced luxury that the Penal legions would never provide, but Rhône was beginning to wonder if he would ever find redemption, or if the Bastards would end up further damned.

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 1:39 pm

"Objection: My designation is not bright eye. Statement: I announced my mission when you first found me. I am here to ensure that designate: Rook is able to reach designate: Mae aboard your vessel in order to deliver an object of great importance to my mentor. Once that is accomplished, I will continue to accompany both of those individuals until such a time that we return to the port and my duty is completed. Admission: Whether or not I am 'up for it', I must stay with you and your unit."

Cessia allowed the fact that they would need to drag the bodies back here to float. She expected as much, and assumed that it would be done in order for both of them to get the information that they needed.
Her posture slowly changed as the conversation drifted off of her specific interest and study of the Tyranids, reverting to a more stock still and neutral position that she had cultivated over years of watching people converse. She was no longer leaning forward and excited, now it was simply a mundane conversation.
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 1:45 pm

Ruaidhri raised his left hand briefly to greet these new arrivals, before returning it to his gun.
"How's about yee lads? You can call me Rua. Plan is, we're going to sneak over there like proverbial midsummer fuck father, in and out before anyone's the wiser and away before we have to accept any responsibilities. Should be simple enough. From now on we'll keep sound discipline, only speaking when absolutely necessary. Shift time."
All of this was uttered in a low undertone, just loud enough for those in the group to hear. He gave everyone a nod, and then moving carefully forward to Brick, followed the way she'd indicated they needed to go to get to the manhole cover by the mutants.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 3:37 pm

Jules leaned in a little so she could hear Ruaidhri. She'd picked up on some of his conversation back at the hotel and noodle bar and he swore like the best of them. Rhone included. Was this standard conversation amongst the unit to cuss every first or second sentence?

She was not sure she was prepared for that, but needs must.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 3:45 pm

Rook:

Rook makes easy work of the desk, giving himself some more cover at the expense of field of view. Even still, if it came time to get it on, he had a good vantage point now to rain down some hell on the roadblock forces or the second floor straight across.

As he finishes setting it up, there's no obvious implication that he's been spotted or heard.

The sirens were now on them. A voice from a loud speaker began to bark out orders...

+++++++

Jules:

Jules auspex beeps back a reading. Aside from those immediately around her, she picks up no readings of any life forms on this level. It looked like for the moment, the tunnels at least were clear.

+++++++

Marcus, the leader of the group nodded and pointed as if to say "lead the way then." Again, as far as they knew, they were just supposed to meet up and provide support in the tunnels. Poo-Beyah's low-levelers weren't privvy to the ins and outs of whatever mission was happening right now.

Numa led on, with the others following behind. In order to get to the manhole Ruaidhri had seen from the roof, the one on the east side of the enemy HQ, they needed to take the tunnel that led North-East. Before long, and without any contact, they reached a ladder that led to a manhole cover above. Numa stopped and shuffled to Uallchan.

"I'll head up. Take position in the alley to cover your exfit." She wasn't going inside the building.

Poo-Beyah's guys took up positions covering the tunnels. It was clear that they were staying down here too, at least for the time being.

Numa ascended the ladder and pushed open the manhole as quietly as she could. As soon as she did, the loudness of the higher level rushed in. There were voices now, loud and barking. The sirens from the Arbites vehicles screamed. She quickly used the noise to cover her approach and moved out like a snake, waiting for the others. As the rest of you get into the alley, Numa ushers you into cover behind yet another dumpster.

The freeway beyond was alive with commotion, even though from your position on the east side of the enemy HQ you cannot actually see it. But the voices were on a loudspeaker and clear.

"Dissidents! You have been charged with insubordination, assault, battery, theft, destruction of Imperial property, murder, and rebellion. You will surrender to the authority of the Arbites. Throw down your weap-

Before they could finish, a burst of automatic gunfire kicked things off.

In front of the dumpster was a door that led to the first floor of the enemy HQ. This was the same door Ruaidhri had seen Bazin disappear into. It was now or never.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 4:39 pm

Rook set to work turning the room into a makeshift pillbox. He started by dragging the desk over to the window and flipping it up onto its end so that it was obstructing the entire window. Jacjonson then set to work cutting a gun slit the would enable Rook to see the street below and along its length. If he needed to look up then he move to another window in another room.

The cutting took no time at all, and was finished by the time the sirens came to a halt nearby. Rook craned his neck to look along the blockaded thoroughfare to see if he could spot the arbites convoy. After trying to spot them, he set up the stubber on the sill of the window and waited for something to happen. If his squad came running across the road towards them, under fire, or the hotel was suddenly assaulted he would open up and lay down a hail of fire.

When the firing suddenly came out of the building Rook thought they were under attack, then realised it was the cavalry that was being fire upon.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 07, 2020 2:16 pm

The arbites being here worried Jules, she might be a wanted person for murder. She didn't know what the rogue trader crew might have pieced together, but if they did suspect her and knew she was missing from the ship it would have made sense that they'd have informed the authorities of Port Wander. They'd be focused on the mutant uprising for sure so she hoped if they did encounter the arbites they'd just be grateful of the assistance of Rhone and his men. She wasn't convinced though.

Huddled with the others behind the dumpster Jules takes a reading from her auspex directing its scan towards the building they'd be entering. After relaying whatever results she got back she looks to the two abhumans, they were soldiers and so would clearly be going in first "I'll follow you in, lets make it quick yeah." she gave them a tight smile, she was clearly nervous.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 07, 2020 3:13 pm

The auspex reads a number of contacts on the first floor of this building - anywhere from six to eight. There was some movement making it hard to tell exactly. They were currently on the opposite end of the motley group of rescuers. No doubt engaged in the pitched battle with the arbites.

Assuming Ruaidhri and Uallachan enter...

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 07, 2020 4:21 pm

Jules studied the auspex before relaying in a whisper to the others "Six to eight people" the correct term might be 'contacts' but Jules was for now at least a civilian "in the diagonal to the other corner of the building. Give me a sec." She lets the shotgun hang from its strap on her shoulder so he can use her other hand to turn a few dials on the device. Jules was looking for residual markers of the explosion, perhaps Bezin might be there.

Spoiler:

Hmm

The read out was a bit of a scramble there were some markers but the gun fight threw the readings off. Jules looked up from the green glow of the screen. "Never mind. I'll keep an eye on this"
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyFri May 08, 2020 5:01 pm

Ruaidhri nods back at Jules and replies in an undertone.
"Let me know if you get anything else from that."
He tilted his head towards the door.
"We're going to look through there and see what we can find. Keep close. We don't want to get split up."

Spoiler:

Moving with extreme caution and delicacy, both Rattlings made their way towards the door and carefully opened it. They checked the following hallway on either side for movement, or evidence of Bazin. No was not the time to complain about the nature of the mission and if their sergeant had led with his left or right shoulder when he'd inserted his head so firmly right up his ass. Instead if was time to see what little hard bit of protein they could dig out of this steaming pile of shit and bring it home to feed the family.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyFri May 08, 2020 5:31 pm

The Bastard's scout snipers move into the building with the finesse of a feather on the artificial wind. The hallway that leads straight south reveals nothing. No movement of any kind. Perhaps the offices that lined it had things worth looking into, but the glass in all of them were busted out. The explosion had done its work in here.

Jules was right on the money. Ruaidhri didn't know her from Terra, but the girl could read the hell out of an auspex. Gunfire sporadically burst through from the south west corner of the building, right where she said it would. Bursts of light lit up the otherwise darkened ground floor.

The hallway to the west yielded much more interesting results. It was clearly the epicenter of the blast. The most damage had been done there. A cursory glance showed cubicle and office walls closest to it with explosion damage, and then quite a bit of fire damage. The fire had since been put out, but some embers still glowed, and a light smoke haze hung in the air.

Much more interesting were the three bodies lying in various positions around the epicenter. None moved.

[OOC: The epicenter is the area on the map between rooms 16 and 19, closer to the hallway that leads south.

+++++++

Back in The Westin people were taking cover. The gunfight outside had intensified. Trained ears could hear the heavy bark of combat shotguns firing off in between a hail of small arms. The shotguns were being slowly drowned out. It was clear that the mutants were gaining fire superiority.

The woman's voice was back now, but it was nearly impossible to hear over the shooting.

+++++++

Wiremu and Stubbs were moving. Floating. The sensation was alien, and perhaps the closest they had been to it was when their troop transport had been shot down in the skies of Hervara.

There was a voice too. A woman. It was comforting in a terrible way. The things she said, they went against everything Wiremu had been taught. Turn against the Imperium that had turned on him? No, he had not experienced that, had he?

Stubbs had. The Imperium had forsaken Stubbs long before. It had taken everything from him, forcing him to fight, murdering Barbarella, using him as fodder. Or had it? Regardless of how Stubbs felt personally, he and Wiremu were experiencing coming back to the real world quite differently.

As their eyes finally opened, they realized that they weren't floating. The rumble of idling engines gently nudged them to awaken to the reality that they were now tied firmly to the front of a vehicle, side by side. Their arms were pitched back, a piece of solid steel holding them in place, forward at an angle. Hands were then cuffed together, making it impossible to simply free themselves.

The car to their right held Artur and Nat. But they still didn't move.

To their left, Karsith. His head lolled onto his chest.

The voice came back again, speaking of traitorous Imperial officials, corrupt and fascistic Arbites, and parasites: off worlders who only used and abused Port Wander. Off worlders like the five currently tied to the front of the vehicles.

As the convoy slowly rolled forward, shops opened their doors, windows opened and people peered out. The populace, for the time being, seemed to be listening. On each side of the thoroughfare, the paramilitary mutants who had captured Stubbs and Wiremu walked along, handing out food, water, and pamphlets to anyone brave enough to step outside.

Slowly, the black parade moved on.

Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyFri May 08, 2020 10:20 pm

Wiremu looked around and tried to free his arms but they seemed held fast.

"...fuck, what the fuck...."

His mouth felt chalky and his tongue fat as he tried to speak.

"Stubbs! You awake??"

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptySat May 09, 2020 2:03 am

Stubbs didn't be wantin' it ta end. Nah, not even a lil bit. He'd been floatin' and seein' thangs. Barb's face, etched inta his mind. And what now? She jus' gon' leave again.

"Don' be leavin' baby," Stubbs said, a solitary tear rollin' down his face.

The angelic form of his former comrade slipped up to his side and planted a cheek where the tear had stopped. She smiled and smacked him on the shoulder with a big thud.

"Wake up, big man. You gotta give 'em hell..."

Stubbs shook his head.

"Nah baby gurl, don' be leavin' again. Nah."

"Give 'em hell, sugah."

+++++

And then reality be hittin' like a bitch. Stubbs be wakin' up to tha sound of tha Chindit.

And the hell of the situation.

"Well, I be sayin' I been in worse spots, but shit nah, this one might be takin' the cake..."

He looks to tha othas tied up. And in his boomin' voice he be tryin' ta wake dem up.

"ARTUR. NAT. KAR, WAKE UP!"

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyMon May 11, 2020 1:18 pm

Jules took in the area of the explosion and the three bodies, there was a chance if life signs were weak that the auspex wouldn't pick them up. It did not look good for Bazin unless he was amongst the life signs to the southwest, or he might have left the building.

There was no point in her going to have a look as she would recognise Bazin. "One of you go have a look, I do not detect any life signs though" she says a low voice "I'll keep an eye on the scanner and the rest cover."

As much as she wanted to be out of here she hoped Bazin wasn't found amongst the dead.
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyMon May 11, 2020 1:51 pm

Ruaidhri eyed the three bodies for a moment and then held up a raised thumb to Jules. This was obviously the point at which they needed to be searching. If he was right, then this was where they should find Bazin. Despite the fact that finding him would make things much easier, forcing a certainty on a malleable situation, and allow them to make a quick escape, he would still be relieved if this wasn't the case. He didn't need to be proved right. Their demolitions expert stepping out from one of these open doorways was still the best outcome.

He moved forward slowly and carefully, his gun pointed at the three bodies on the ground, going for a closer look. If there was any movement from the three he was going to stop immediately. He was looking for anything that he'd recognise as belonging to the Bastard.
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyTue May 12, 2020 5:33 pm

Cessia could count the number of times she'd heard a real gunfight on one hand. So as the shooting started from outside, her first instinct was to find somewhere to hide behind and as a result she completely dropped the conversation with Rhone, leaving him to do whatever he needed to while she went to find a sturdy looking wall that would allow her to take cover from the gunfire that she heard outside.

It ended up taking her up to where Rook was, after deciding that sitting in the room with all the armed criminals was a mistake. Rook seemed to have set up something rather secure and safe looking, so she trusted that the ex-enginseer knew what he was doing in terms of defenses and hunkered near the back of the room that he had converted into a makeshift pillbox.

"Concerned Query: What is going on outside? Are our companions being fired on? I was not expecting to be in a battle so soon, what should I do?"
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 EmptyTue May 12, 2020 5:53 pm

[With the Black Parade]

Artur and Nat didn't respond at all to Stubbs' panicked yelling. The more he looked at them, the more unnatural their heads looked as they lulled on their chests. He noticed for the first time the dried blood around their nostrils and mouths.

Awareness +30:

The parade moves on. Slowly but surely, more people filter out and are greeted with nods and treats thrown their way. This group was clearly winning the hearts and minds of some.

+++++++

[Away Team]

Kaylith had moved inside as well, but she stayed in the initial room everyone entered. The kitchen/rec area seemed so far removed from the action, but yet seemed so very in it.

The Ratlings approached the source of the action quietly. The rest were still preoccupied with shooting at the Arbites. But a trained ear could tell that this firefight wouldn't last much longer.

The three bodies didn't stir. They were burnt to a crisp and beyond. One of them, the one at the center, was much smaller than the other two. No bigger than five foot two at most. That did not bode well.

On the ground just to his right was a weapon of some sort. It had some black marks, but othewise was in tact. It looked like a shock maul, but of a make Ruaidhri nor Uallachan had ever seen before. Aside from the burn marks, it looked pretty well made.

The other two bodies were taller, more heavy set, and most tellingly, died with their mouths gripped in agonizing snarls. Snarls that revealed maws of sharpened teeth. Which brought Ruaidhri's trained eyes back to the short body.

It's face, charred beyond recognition, was oddly serene. Calm even. While most of the body was burned horrifically, chunky bits of heavy clothing remained on the chest. There was a glimmer of something around the next and on the belt on the far side of the body, but Ruaidhri would have to get closer to inspect them...

Stealth:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)   Meeting Again for the First Time (IC) - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeting Again for the First Time (IC)
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next