A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rebirth of AT-43

Go down 
+2
Threebad
Iron and Metal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Rebirth of AT-43 Empty
PostSubject: Rebirth of AT-43   Rebirth of AT-43 EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 10:12 pm

Im planning on resuming my AT-43 game off the old site.

Anyone want in on this savage words game?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Rebirth of AT-43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of AT-43   Rebirth of AT-43 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 7:56 am

An explanation of what it is exactly might help sway the new-blood's opinion.

I will 100% be revising my PC Roza.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Rebirth of AT-43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of AT-43   Rebirth of AT-43 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 12:07 am

Heres the original recruitment post:

sylphilis wrote:

I've been putting this off.

I've been putting this off too long.

Im eager to run a campaign set in the dystopia future of At-43. At-43 was a squad level wargame run by rakham games. It has a very rich and largely unexplored possability, due to the fact that after a couple of years GW had managed to strangle the company with back room deals. It was a fun game and the story was more unique that first glance suggested.

For a brief idea:
The planet EVA is the cradle of human life, for many centuries the UNA had run a largely effective government that spanned several planets. On the mining planet Hades, conditions were miserable: low pay, food shortages and inequality conditions established by the companies getting rich off the work of the downtrodden led to a revolt. The solidarity of the revolt gained ground and the military of the UNA stepped in to quell the rebellion. The solidarity of the hadesian people and the cold hell hole that is hades not only resisted the millitary, but crushed it. Inspired by their example, other planets threw off thier shackles and joined the new nation, known as the Red Blok. Many years of war followed between the two forces. No end was in sight for the 2 diametically opposed forces.

Until the trauma....

Alien life, calling themselves the Therians, descended upon EVA, cracking the planet to harvest it. They threw the planet off its alignment and changed its orbit, killing life and destroying the climate of everything. Forced with annihilation of human life, the UNA and Red Blok join forces and after years of war repel the technologically superior Therians. Incensed by the stubborness of the vastly inferior humans, the Therians retreat into deep space to lock it's wounds....

During the next 4 decades, a silent cold war is fought between the 2 forces. Border skirmishes and idealistic campaigns are fought in the shadows as the UNA and the red Blok rebuild society.

In the year after trauma 43 (At-43) the Therians have come back to EVA, but the humans have had 43 years to advance technology knowing this would happen eventually.

Ok, more detailed then I originally planned, but like I said it's a great backdrop for a campaign. It's like the cold war was invaded by mars. The setting is dim and dark, but the government's paint everything in pretty colors.

If I can get enough players, I want to run this. I NEED to run this. We can use either savage worlds or only war for rules. There are benefits and detriment to both sets so I'll let you guys pick which systems to use. I will also need to know if you want to be the UNA (based on Nato) or the Red Blok (ussr).

Rebirth of AT-43 At_43_by_cimoart-d31pzen
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

Rebirth of AT-43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of AT-43   Rebirth of AT-43 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 5:06 pm

Oh shit! so keen! Demitri in the house!
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Rebirth of AT-43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of AT-43   Rebirth of AT-43 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 10:40 pm

Ill say this again, This game is going to happen, its savage worlds system, real easy once you understand the basics.

Does no one want in on this cold war in space, 43 years after the cyber-organic therians showed up and cracked the homeworld?

Ill throw in gorillas in power armor?
Back to top Go down
Threebad

Threebad

Rebirth of AT-43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of AT-43   Rebirth of AT-43 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 10:55 pm

Communist space gorillas sounds brilliant, how well does a squad based tactics game work on a play-by-post?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Rebirth of AT-43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of AT-43   Rebirth of AT-43 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 11:00 pm

Sadly, we aren't the space gorillas, but we are commies. Maybe we get to kill them?

It works as any RPG would work - we respond narratively until combat kicks in, then we start making rolls and getting some. Syl is a hell of a GM too.

Back to top Go down
Threebad

Threebad

Rebirth of AT-43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of AT-43   Rebirth of AT-43 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 11:29 pm

I should hope so, comrade.
Could you tell me a little more about the party and what kind of things they do?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Rebirth of AT-43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of AT-43   Rebirth of AT-43 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 10:11 am

Absolutely. We only have one mission in the books, but it was a doozy. We were sharing an ice planet with the UNA (the neo-capitalists) under a shaky truce and, of course, it was broken. So our unit was tasked with holding the line in a series of bunkers on the frozen tundra as they attempted to storm our base.

We kicked their asses back to their revisionist, capitalist-roader bases and that's when the bombardments started. Eventually we were tasked with searching out their main striders (walker vehicles) that were rocket barraging us and taking them out. We ended up winning the day, but I won't spoil anymore for you.

Instead, check out the IC thread from the game itself: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/rpng/operation-frostbite-ic-t502.html

The roster is/was:
Myself as Roza - The Operator (Strider Ace Pilot)
Murcurie as Iosif - Drunken Squad Leader
Donqwaf as Dmitri - Psychopathic Scout Sniper
Sylphillis as Makita-117 (NPC) - Young Female Clone Soldier
Azza as Vasily - Our Demo Guy

Loads of fun.

Back to top Go down
Threebad

Threebad

Rebirth of AT-43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of AT-43   Rebirth of AT-43 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 2:06 pm

Sounds very only war, but I know that was one of the possible systems.
I think playing a mechanised squad could be fun, I wouldn't mind driving.
Alternatively, political officer for all the good communist feels.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Rebirth of AT-43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of AT-43   Rebirth of AT-43 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 3:51 pm

Yeah, it's Only War-esque, but the Savage World's system is a lot more streamlined and a little easier to handle once you get it down.

Well, as of right now I believe everyone save for Azza is reprising their roles - so the squad is what it is. Another driver would be cool, but I don't think we have a medic and we are losing our demo guy.

Back to top Go down
Threebad

Threebad

Rebirth of AT-43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of AT-43   Rebirth of AT-43 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 6:42 pm

I'll see about it when I have a look through character creation. Any supplements or anything needed or is it just vanilla savage worlds?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Rebirth of AT-43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of AT-43   Rebirth of AT-43 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 7:56 pm

Syl has some homebrew rules as well. But I believe at least one of my PC's talents came from a supplement. I think all supplements are fair game with GM approval first.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Rebirth of AT-43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of AT-43   Rebirth of AT-43 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 10:42 pm

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B796hgG9fphVbkJZUEtRM1puTzg

There's the CRB for main TT game, SW supplements, and most of my Homebrew stuff.

Back to top Go down
Threebad

Threebad

Rebirth of AT-43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of AT-43   Rebirth of AT-43 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 7:06 am

Are the factions from the Red Bloc homebrew counting as races?
Also, on the subject of communist space gorillas, has anyone here played eclipse phase?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Rebirth of AT-43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of AT-43   Rebirth of AT-43 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 9:56 am

I hadn't heard of that game until just now, and after a quick read I have decided that if you ever want to run a playtest, Threebad, I will 100% be down for that.

Back to top Go down
Threebad

Threebad

Rebirth of AT-43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of AT-43   Rebirth of AT-43 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 10:30 am

Bit busy atm but once I'm a bit more free I'd like that Smile
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Rebirth of AT-43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of AT-43   Rebirth of AT-43 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2018 7:15 am

Syl, you still thinking about this?

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Rebirth of AT-43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of AT-43   Rebirth of AT-43 EmptySun May 06, 2018 1:55 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
Syl, you still thinking about this?

Syl, you still thinking about thinking about this?

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Rebirth of AT-43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of AT-43   Rebirth of AT-43 EmptyMon May 07, 2018 7:04 am

If there's still interest?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Rebirth of AT-43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of AT-43   Rebirth of AT-43 EmptyMon May 07, 2018 12:01 pm

My boner for this game has never diminished.

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

Rebirth of AT-43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of AT-43   Rebirth of AT-43 EmptyMon May 07, 2018 4:48 pm

I LIKE TO SHOOT THINGS AND STAB PEOPLE
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

Rebirth of AT-43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of AT-43   Rebirth of AT-43 EmptyWed May 16, 2018 2:04 pm

I'd be down for this. Does anyone have a copy of the rule book?
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Rebirth of AT-43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of AT-43   Rebirth of AT-43 EmptyWed May 16, 2018 5:06 pm

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Rebirth of AT-43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of AT-43   Rebirth of AT-43 EmptyWed May 16, 2018 5:24 pm

Assuming Nate can pick up his role, that would be:

Me - vehicle operator extraordinaire.
Nik - Sniper and infiltrator
Nate - Our NCO/Face

leaving us plenty of roles to be filled by Domhnall.

Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

Rebirth of AT-43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of AT-43   Rebirth of AT-43 EmptyFri May 25, 2018 4:56 pm

Down once, down again.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Rebirth of AT-43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of AT-43   Rebirth of AT-43 EmptyFri May 25, 2018 6:15 pm

A five man team is a strong ass team.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rebirth of AT-43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of AT-43   Rebirth of AT-43 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rebirth of AT-43
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Community for Gamers, by Gamers :: Play-by-Post Gaming :: Recruitment :: Recruitment Graveyard-
Jump to: