A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC

Go down 
+3
Sylphilis
Neriglissar
Murcurie
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Neriglissar

Neriglissar

...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptySat May 13, 2023 3:23 am

Lokar shrugs dismissively.

I'm starting to think you don't like the emperor.

Iron and Metal likes this post

Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptySat May 13, 2023 8:21 am

Philomena listens attentively, a small smile crosses her lips. The Red Walk, the Charnel Houses... All pieces in The Blessed Flesh's little operation on Kul. Finding Boris had been fortuitous indeed. "Good." Mina stands. "Get some rest. We'll have more questions for you later. One of my people will be along to check up on you and see to your injuries. Don't be alarmed by his appearance or... manners. He's odd, but competent."

She walks towards the unit's exit, but pauses at the door. "One last thing, when is your next shift?" Once she's got her answer, she nods and leaves.
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptySat May 13, 2023 1:17 pm

"I don't think you do either, Lokar." She put her feet up on one of the boulders.
"You wouldn't even be here if not for that collar and your servitude to our Inquisitor, hm?"
Back to top Go down
Neriglissar

Neriglissar

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptySat May 13, 2023 3:03 pm

Lokar was taken aback, this was the first time that someone in the team had challenged his beliefs.

Master Maud taught me that the gods are as many and various as the stars in the sky, but the Emperor's throne looks down on them all..

As he mentioned Inqistor Maud his demeanor shifts to the submissive even though she isn't in the room.

I don't need to like him and I certainly don't need to love him, but without question, I must respect him as the Emperor of the gods.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptySat May 13, 2023 4:31 pm

moarhair wrote:

She walks towards the unit's exit, but pauses at the door. "One last thing, when is your next shift?" Once she's got her answer, she nods and leaves.

"Six in the morning. err..."
he pauses a moment and tries for another swollen lipped, perhaps fractured jawed smile and ruins it "Thanks for your help. I'm normally home by seven pm if I can help you some more."
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptySat May 13, 2023 5:07 pm

Neriglissar wrote:
Lokar was taken aback, this was the first time that someone in the team had challenged his beliefs.

Master Maud taught me that the gods are as many and various as the stars in the sky, but the Emperor's throne looks down on them all..

As he mentioned Inqistor Maud his demeanor shifts to the submissive even though she isn't in the room.

I don't need to like him and I certainly don't need to love him, but without question, I must respect him as the Emperor of the gods.

Severine leaned forward again, elbows against her knees as she looked over the feral. Curious. She hadn't expected to actually hear what his beliefs were, but she enjoyed the opportunity. How anyone could not see the Emperor as being divine and worthy of worship was beyond her... He likely needed time. Proof.

"Tell me why you wouldn't love the god above all other gods? Why would you shun his grace and protection in our battle against the heretic? Is it only because he represents your captor, for the time being? Maud has made you hers, so you are resentful towards our Lord Emperor, perhaps."

She didn't sound upset, but she was obviously curious. And of course, ever blunt.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 11:05 am

Just as Boris had finished his sentence, Felyx rolled into the room on Servitor's back. He had both arms wrapped around the cyborg's torso, resting his head gently on the shoulder that housed the autogun. It was exactly how one might expect a loving partner to rest their head on their lover.

He hops down and takes a look around. He then walks to Boris and peers into his eyes for six seconds too long.

"I shall be to fixing your... how you saying... shitholes. Yes? OK. Good." He takes one look at the refrigeration unit, snaps his finger and leaves.

When he comes back in, there is a scattering of replacement parts, odds and ends being hauled by Servitor. He quickly gets to work, humming surprisingly in key a song about "large asses" and how it is incapable of him to lie when speaking of them.

Once finished he gets oddly close to Boris' face again and whispers that the job is done. He then takes his head in both hands, and gently kisses his forehead before leaving back to the base of operations.

++++

Hi sniffs the air as he enters. "Lokar has just releasing many pheromones into the airs."

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Neriglissar

Neriglissar

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 11:50 am

Lokar happily speaks to Severine about his beliefs, after all, he knows he is right.

There have always been too many gods in my life to love them all.

The young feral's education was brief, he was taught a basic understanding of the Emperor's religion but is unaware of how ignorant he is regarding the finer details of the faith.

The weak follow the strong. Master Maud is strong and the Emperor is even stronger. By comparison I am weak, so I follow. Thats life.

He said this with no shame.

The Emperor's realm is vast, his followers wield great power in his name. He is a very impressive god.
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 1:21 pm

"Our God Emperor is more worthy of your love than any of the many others you know. His power is so vast, who's to say he isn't each and every one of your other gods, hm? They are likely just aspects of Him."

Severine had never been the best at converting non believers. She was far better at sermons to those who's faith was already decided. But, still, she would try.

"The weak follow the strong, yes. The emperor is so much more! He protects us and guides us. Why follow him when you can love him? Embrace him as you would any protector."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 2:24 pm

After neither responded to him, Felyx immediately grew bored of the theological conversation and began cleaning his shoulder mounted hotshot las.

As he did so, he hummed a tune. Those paying attention to the lyrics could make out something about a heretek the weapon had once belonged to, and the horror-inducing cyborg-creating Warp vagina that he had single handedly destroyed to save an entire planet.

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 4:01 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
Just as Boris had finished his sentence, Felyx rolled into the room on Servitor's back. He had both arms wrapped around the cyborg's torso, resting his head gently on the shoulder that housed the autogun. It was exactly how one might expect a loving partner to rest their head on their lover.

He hops down and takes a look around. He then walks to Boris and peers into his eyes for six seconds too long.

"I shall be to fixing your... how you saying... shitholes. Yes? OK. Good." He takes one look at the refrigeration unit, snaps his finger and leaves.

When he comes back in, there is a scattering of replacement parts, odds and ends being hauled by Servitor. He quickly gets to work, humming surprisingly in key a song about "large asses" and how it is incapable of him to lie when speaking of them.

Once finished he gets oddly close to Boris' face again and whispers that the job is done. He then takes his head in both hands, and gently kisses his forehead before leaving back to the base of operations.

Boris looked up from the chair he hadn't moved from his mouth agape at the odd sight, he remained silent and flinched away a little when Felyx peered into his eyes. He looked away after a few seconds.

When Felyx returned Boris had changed his bloodied clothes and had cleaned up his face a little, but he still looked a mess. He waited on the other side of the room as you fixed the cold box. Job done you bestow your kiss on Boris', he winces as you clasp his head and when you pull away a he does not look at all grateful. "thanks" he whispered back, his eyes a little fearful.

Once the adept had left Boris had another shower, the encounter had left him feeling a little violated for some reason.

Back to top Go down
Neriglissar

Neriglissar

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyTue May 16, 2023 3:27 am

Unless the emperor approves of demonic summoning and debaucherous orgies, in church, then I very much doubt they are aspects of his divine light. Better to say he is the most powerful of the gods, and most worthy of respect.

Lokar wasn't an unbeliever, he knew very well that the Emperor existed. He just wasn't used to focusing all his faith on one god. If he did he would be of less use to his master.

Perhaps you could teach me a small prayer or ritual. Something to help me in battle or some such?

His request was genuine. He was always on the lookout for new ways to empower himself with godly might, he just wasn't overly bothered what god provided it.
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyTue May 16, 2023 7:32 am

After leaving Boris' "apartment", Philomena spends a bit more time exploring the hab block and meeting the inhabitants before heading back to the cell's HQ. As she nears the door, she sees the pile of rubble at the end of the hallway and nods to herself. The others had done their part.

Mina walks in and takes a moment to look at the cleared floor, making a show of noticing her companions' work. She looks up and frowns at the patching work done on the wall with the tarps, then turns to look at Lokar and Severine. "Good work. We should have plenty of space now." She takes one of the brooms from Donna and starts sweeping. "We met a few folks. One of them, a fellow named Boris, works at one of the Charnel Houses and is acquainted with members of the Red Wake. He could prove to be a useful source of information. We should collate a series of questions and debrief him."

She pauses and looks up at Felyx. "How was Boris when you left his place?"
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyTue May 16, 2023 8:13 pm

Neriglissar wrote:
Unless the emperor approves of demonic summoning and debaucherous orgies, in church, then I very much doubt they are aspects of his divine light. Better to say he is the most powerful of the gods, and most worthy of respect.

Lokar wasn't an unbeliever, he knew very well that the Emperor existed. He just wasn't used to focusing all his faith on one god. If he did he would be of less use to his master.

Perhaps you could teach me a small prayer or ritual. Something to help me in battle or some such?

His request was genuine. He was always on the lookout for new ways to empower himself with godly might, he just wasn't overly bothered what god provided it.

"I would happily teach you anything you'd like to know, Lokar. Tonight, when I pray, I will guide you if you are interested in joining, hm? Maybe you can impress both me and our Lady with your devotion~" The sisters attention turned away from Lokar as Philomena and the others returned.

She set up and stood briefly at attention, before relaxing. No need to be quite so serious here, after all. She nodded to each of them with a smile. "My Lady," She bowed slightly to Philomena, instead of the nod. "Felyx. We cleared it as best we could, more work to do yet, my Lady, but it's at least flat to sleep on. I'm pleased you found a contact so quickly. I think we need to learn more to even know what questions to ask, hm?"
Back to top Go down
Neriglissar

Neriglissar

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyWed May 17, 2023 12:28 pm

Lokar was pleased.

Yes Severine, I will pray with you tonight. You can teach me how to use the Emperor's power.

Done with his theological conversation Lokar turns to Felyx.

I didn't squirt my pherowhat at anything. I'm wearing my armor, it would be impossible. Lokar rolls his eyes
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyWed May 17, 2023 11:31 pm

Donna reclined in a rickety chair that looked ready to collapse at the slightest provocation. It didn't keep Donna from leaning in it and making it strain.

She had done as little as possible to spruce up the place, she seemed content to look bored in the chair and yawn.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyThu May 18, 2023 8:49 am

Philomena wrote:
"She pauses and looks up at Felyx. "How was Boris when you left his place?"

"Pain levels were to recedings. Kissing, not on pars. Refrigeration units making home values skyrocket."

Lokar wrote:
"I didn't squirt my pherowhat at anything. I'm wearing my armor, it would be impossible. Lokar rolls his eyes"

Felyx turns as Lokar starts to speak, eyes wide as the barbarians rolls his own. When he finishes, Felyx takes a deep breath and then smacks his lips four or five times. "Less now. But still there. Blood likely filling penises. This is natural biological reacting."

He gestures to a private bathroom. "Happenings to us alls. Nothing to being ashamed of."

Back to top Go down
Neriglissar

Neriglissar

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyFri May 19, 2023 4:32 am

Lokar stares at Felyx blank-faced for a good three seconds, then without saying a word turns to Philomena.

I would like as much information on the local factions as possible, especially what their colours and symbols are. Back home in the Corntorted Cult my old master Rahvek and I used to plant such things to make patsies when needed.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyFri May 19, 2023 7:39 am

Felyx adds on, "Enemies tech levels to be expecting. Weapons, gears, hereteks? Always fun. I am supposing you could be asking for their... Techspectations."

He smiles widely, infinitely proud of himself.

Being normal was easy.

Neriglissar likes this post

Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyFri May 26, 2023 7:58 am

Philomena blinks, struggling to keep her bemusement from ruining her composure. Tech-priests were always strange people, but Felyx was in a class onto himself. "Boris is but a laborer. I doubt he'll know much about the tech the Red Wake and The Blessed Path have. The gangers we saw had autopistols and crude blades."

She turns to Lokar. "He may, however, know about local gang symbols. If not, then we can go seek out the Red Wake and interrogate one of them."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyTue May 30, 2023 1:02 am

"We need to find out whos got a sco're to settle wit the red wake. Maybe we can have some local peoples do the 'eavy liftin'" She adds from the comfort of the creaking wooden chair, eyes closed and arms behind her head.
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyTue May 30, 2023 6:31 am

Philomena stops sweeping and looks up at Donna. "Absolutely not! Need I remind you that our mission is not to stop Red Wake, but to ensure they continue their work? The people down there are our target," she says with a tilt of her head towards the chapel occupied by Interrogator Slim's cohort. "If anything, we should be helping the Red Wake. Besides, they may be able to help us with our cover. We're supposed to be hunting down The Buzzards' leader, Max Tallow."

"Perhaps we can find a way to convince Slim that the cult starts and ends with the Red Wake and sacrifice them, but they may prove to be rather tricky... If only one of them hints that they're working for someone else, the interrogator will pursue it."
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyWed May 31, 2023 4:15 pm

"I'm loathe to suggest such things, but it does come to mind - could we potentially pose as initiates to the Red Wake in order to get easier access to the areas they operate in? Under the guise of the group we could mislead the Inquisitor, or worse, all while being given a solid cover identity."

Severine shrugged. "This bit ain't my strongsuit, just an idea. Otherwise, I'm all for keeping a scout on the inquisitor and just going to nab our bounty target - establish ourselves as hunters before we start poking around and blow it all."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 01, 2023 11:06 pm

moarhair wrote:
Philomena stops sweeping and looks up at Donna. "Absolutely not! Need I remind you that our mission is not to stop Red Wake, but to ensure they continue their work? The people down there are our target," she says with a tilt of her head towards the chapel occupied by Interrogator Slim's cohort. "If anything, we should be helping the Red Wake. Besides, they may be able to help us with our cover. We're supposed to be hunting down The Buzzards' leader, Max Tallow."

"Perhaps we can find a way to convince Slim that the cult starts and ends with the Red Wake and sacrifice them, but they may prove to be rather tricky... If only one of them hints that they're working for someone else, the interrogator will pursue it."

"Awlright then," Donna starts with more animation. "'Ow's about we dew that, just to the ones against the red wake?"
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2023 8:30 am

moarhair wrote:
Philomena blinks, struggling to keep her bemusement from ruining her composure. Tech-priests were always strange people, but Felyx was in a class onto himself. "Boris is but a laborer. I doubt he'll know much about the tech the Red Wake and The Blessed Path have. The gangers we saw had autopistols and crude blades."

"And perhapses what you were seeing - two mens - was not entire pictures of what this gang is being capables of having? Maybe?"

When Felyx had spoken with Boris a second time, it turned out he was right. While they did have the standard solid ammo weapons and blades, they also were bringing las-tech to bear. If they could get their hands on las-tech, then they could very well get their hands on hot-shot las-tech, and that would be a problem for the team. Felyx knew what types of armor and gear they had brought, and he tucked away this info without directly giving Philomena the "I told you so" he knew she felt in her heart.

Then he went about considering how to up-armor Servitor II.

Back to top Go down
Neriglissar

Neriglissar

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2023 5:37 pm

Philomena wrote: She turns to Lokar. "He may, however, know about local gang symbols. If not, then we can go seek out the Red Wake and interrogate one of them."

A fine idea Boss, I like the way you think.

Lokar gives her his best cheeky smile.

However, before we interrogate and disappear a member of the Red Wake I humbly suggest we arrange either a pasty or accident to take the heat.
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 2:37 pm

Damiel sits on an old footlocker, though it was missing it's lid and so had been upturned. He had been quiet for some time, eyeing the crew as each posed an idea. He rubs his palms through the gloves he wears as he speaks.

"I'd be willing to give infiltration of the Red Wake a shot, especially considering I'm a bit more resilient to demonic incursion and mind-reading than most, but with our current identification and the rigidity of their system, we've got a slim chance at surviving any questions. I think our chances at successful infiltration rely on getting additional fake ID. Lokar and I may be able to capture some gangers and have Felyx alter their IDs to suit our purposes. Alternatively, Mina's idea was good, Lokar agrees. We may further use our bounty hunter cover to snoop around the Charnel House for secret entrances to the underhive, or to disrupt Slim's investigation by capturing, interrogating, or eliminating any lone acolytes we find."

Back to top Go down
Neriglissar

Neriglissar

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 3:15 pm

Lokar was doing his best not to pay Damiel any attention, what, so, ever, but couldn't stop himself from hearing what he said. ''This thing, whatever it was, it was sneaky. Perhaps I should pay it a little more attention in future'' he thought.

Personally, I think we have strength in numbers so should stick together, problem is whatever we do we need someone or something to watch the church. Felyx, my offer to help you loot magic eyes is still open, if we can disguise some then they could watch the church for us.

The young feral started to pace up and down as he laid down his plans, and the more attention he got, the more his pacing turned into a strut.

Failing that, I've made good use of local sellswords in the past. If we can find one or two with a good reputation for discretion then they could watch the church for us. We can worry about paying or killing them later, and if we also watch them with a magic eye, then all the better.

Lokar was very impressed with 'surveillance equipment'

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2023 12:14 am

Neriglissar wrote:
Philomena wrote: She turns to Lokar. "He may, however, know about local gang symbols. If not, then we can go seek out the Red Wake and interrogate one of them."

A fine idea Boss, I like the way you think.

Lokar gives her his best cheeky smile.

However, before we interrogate and disappear a member of the Red Wake I humbly suggest we arrange either a pasty or accident to take the heat.

"Maybe attack'in one of 'em jus get us in they sights. Maybe its bettah to follow 'un into a bar and getting enough slog in'em to point a few things out?"
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2023 6:55 am

Philomena nods at Felyx, acknowledging his point about the gangers' gear. He was right: it was too small a sample size.

She listens to the debate for a bit, before chiming in. "Donna is right. We can use our bounty as an in, ply them with booze and try and probe them for information. It would be better to be on good terms with them if we can manage it. They could prove to be invaluable allies in the pursuit of both of our objectives. If they're on poor terms with The Vultures, they may be inclined to help us. We can then express wariness about the Interrogator's presence and have the Wake act as extra eyes for us."

Back to top Go down
Neriglissar

Neriglissar

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2023 3:50 pm

Lokar makes a show of nodding at Donna and Philomena's comments like the sage elder he wasn't.

We have made our camp on their turf, we should make nice with them.

He said this in a very reasonable, matter-of-fact tone of voice.

And if we can use them to our advantage at the same time, then that just proves that were not idiots.

The young feral grins like a wolf.
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 10, 2023 11:38 am

Severine was quite content to let the others discuss among themselves. She found a spot by Lady Philomena where she could lean against the wall and listen.
She was not a Sister Superior - planning was not something she enjoyed. She was a person that liked to act and execute the commands of her leaders. Whatever was decided, Severine was happy to do it.

Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2023 6:22 am

Philomena looks around the room to see if anybody has any further input, then nods. "Alright, we have a plan. First, we try to ingratiate ourselves with the Red Wake. If that doesn't work, we'll use more aggressive methods."

"We should also reconnoiter the Charnel House visited by Slim's group. I want to know what they were looking for there. Boris can be of use to provide us with access."

"I'm thinking Donna, Lokar and myself for group A. Felyx, Damiel and Severine for group B. If you think your talents would be of better use with the other group, speak now."

Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2023 4:14 pm

"What precisely is each team going to be doing, my Lady? A on the red wake and B on the charnel house? Just so we are all quite clear on what the tasks will be."

Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2023 6:17 am

Philomena blinks and purses her lips slightly. "Yes, group A, Donna, Lokar and myself, on the Red Wake and group B, Felyx, Damiel and Severine, on the Charnel House." She looks around the room again. "Does that work for you all?"
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2023 3:18 pm

"I will go wherever I am deemed most useful, my Lady." Severine offered a slight bow to Philomena. "I am not particularly suited to either task but I will assist however I am able. Do be safe in your dealings with the Red Wake."
Back to top Go down
Neriglissar

Neriglissar

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2023 4:20 pm

Lokar waited for Philomena's sweeping gaze to reach him then nodded curtly.

Yes M'lady, that works for me.

The young feral made another show of acting like the sage elder he wasn't stroking more beard than was there.

If were to play nice then there's no harm in playing very nice. We should ask Bog or whoever what the Wake are into, that's to say, the correct tribute can go a long way.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 08, 2023 5:18 am

++++ The Drains, a bar (Donna, Lokar & Philomena) ++++

Boris had told you what he could about the Red Walk; they were rumoured to operate out of the underhive from a place called Gantry and that in the Gallowsway the gangers would most likely be found in the only bar in the Drains.

You look upon the Drains; another Hab-block but in the loosest of terms. Located at the end of the primary conveyor hub, it stretches to the hive wall in a series of prefabricated containers stacked on top of the other. These old transport containers had been converted to ad-hoc housing. Bodged Stairs, ladders and walkways stitched the containers together. The ‘structure’ looked unstable and hazardous from the oily water that drips constantly in the area from above. Miserable looking hivers go about their business; a few filtering in and out of the bar you’d been directed to. Outside the bar a group of four Red Walk gangers talk amongst themselves under the cover of a makeshift awning.

++++ Charnel House 17 (Severine, Felyx & Damiel) ++++

From the darkness of an alleyway you watch the local enforcers guarding the Faynes family Charnel House. There was one guard at the front main entrance, one at a back entrance and one more that patrolled a circuit around the structure taking about 15 minutes. Boris had never worked in Charnel House 17 but he had an option on how you might get in besides the obvious ones. The warehouses (Charnel Houses) and processing factories (Mortuarius) are linked to each other and the hive by conveyor belts which moved the dead from above to be stored and then processed. The conveyors ran above the street about twenty metres up and you could see that if you could get up there you could easily access the warehouse. The climb didn’t look to difficult you’d just need to make sure you weren’t seen.

Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 08, 2023 9:49 pm

"Well... Our options are limited. Are either of you very good at being sneaks? I'm pretty sure I'd stick out like a heretic in a convent if I tried to hop up onto that belt - too tall." Severine watched the front of the house, eyebrow raised. This would be so much easier if they could just wave the symbol of her convent and force them to step aside. But no. She had to be 'sneaky', and 'subtle'. What a waste.

"We don't all need to enter, if you can hop on a belt and see inside, you could likely find an exit belt to make a quick escape as well."
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 09, 2023 2:24 pm

++++ Charnel House 17 ++++

The conveyor belt leading into the charnel house is held up above the local structures by metal pillars, but constructed in a lattice patern so it would be a relatively easy climb. The conveyor above made no noise so was likely inactive, if you could get up there if you stayed low the guards below wouldn't be able to see you.
Back to top Go down
Neriglissar

Neriglissar

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 13, 2023 4:29 pm

Lokar observed the bar while waiting for his comrades to arrive. The young feral listened to the sound of revelry, and the more he listened, the more he thirsted for a drink. ''One or two before they arrive wouldn't hurt'' he thought.

Lokar boldly strides into the place, pushes the smallest person from the bar and grabs the barman.

Your best ale, now! he said while forcing more thrones than the ale would cost into his hand.
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 13, 2023 5:01 pm

Damiel takes his time at the Charnel House sizing up how his equipment could assist their entry, he nods to Severine after a moment. "I've been known to slink. I've got a grapnel and a stummer. We can get up on that conveyor easily with the wall and grapnel and keep quiet with the stummer. Should be an easy entry for all of us." Damiel watches Severine as he speaks, searching for some signs of discomfort from the battle sister. He and Felyx had made a quiet entrance before, but for a woman trained and rooted in holy destruction, Damiel expects a healthy degree of skepticism.

Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 6:47 am

Philomena stands under an awning, wrapped in her cloak as if it would protect from the foulness in the air. How could a planet's atmosphere could feel more stale than a ship's recirculated air? She pushes the whingeing thoughts from her mind and focuses on the task at hand, turning her attention to the bar across the road. Lokar was already inside. Mina purses her lips in annoyance. She had expected him capable of a bit more patience. Did he not hunt on the flyover world he was from? She and Donna would have to join soon, before he caused a scene.

"Donna, you're the expert on this kind of place. What should our approach be if we wish to win the Red Wake over?"
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 7:03 am

Murcurie wrote:
Damiel takes his time at the Charnel House sizing up how his equipment could assist their entry, he nods to Severine after a moment. "I've been known to slink. I've got a grapnel and a stummer. We can get up on that conveyor easily with the wall and grapnel and keep quiet with the stummer. Should be an easy entry for all of us." Damiel watches Severine as he speaks, searching for some signs of discomfort from the battle sister. He and Felyx had made a quiet entrance before, but for a woman trained and rooted in holy destruction, Damiel expects a healthy degree of skepticism.

Severine nodded at his idea. It made sense, grappler was way easier to use than climbing, and the Stummer would help compensate for her own lack of ability in the area.
Eventually, the battle sister gave a broad-shouldered shrug and gestured towards the base of the belt. "Up to you, Damiel. If you think the Stummers enough, lead the way and I'll try and get myself up there with the pair've you. We get caught cause of me though, it's your ass." She grinned at the last bit with a soft chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Neriglissar

Neriglissar

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 18, 2023 4:08 pm

Lokar knocked back his first ale then demanded another. Another Ale, now! He growled.

He then sat back and looked around the room to gather information. ''The big dog should stand out like a saw thumb'' he thought. ''Shame my tardy team arnt here to pull their weight''.

The young feral finished his second drink and demanded a third, this time by glaring at the barman and shoving more thrones into his hand.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 8:41 am

Neriglissar wrote:
Lokar knocked back his first ale then demanded another. Another Ale, now! He growled.

He then sat back and looked around the room to gather information. ''The big dog should stand out like a saw thumb'' he thought. ''Shame my tardy team arnt here to pull their weight''.

The young feral finished his second drink and demanded a third, this time by glaring at the barman and shoving more thrones into his hand.

With his first drink quickly drained Lokar gets a taste of fermented fungi similar to back home and then the back smell of what... fuel. There was a burning sensation in the pit of his stomach, it was certainly strong stuff. The barman kept his gaze down as he places the third drink on the bar, his fingers eagerly
picking up the single throne piece. Lokar's aggressive attitude didn't get a rise from the barman but it did draw the attention of two more gangers inside the bar, your eyes meet. While the big boss wasn't likely to be found here one of the six was likely to be senior, but which one of them was anyones guess. One of them was clearly the largest; a six footer with red spiked hair.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 10:23 pm

moarhair wrote:
Philomena stands under an awning, wrapped in her cloak as if it would protect from the foulness in the air. How could a planet's atmosphere could feel more stale than a ship's recirculated air? She pushes the whingeing thoughts from her mind and focuses on the task at hand, turning her attention to the bar across the road. Lokar was already inside. Mina purses her lips in annoyance. She had expected him capable of a bit more patience. Did he not hunt on the flyover world he was from? She and Donna would have to join soon, before he caused a scene.

"Donna, you're the expert on this kind of place. What should our approach be if we wish to win the Red Wake over?"

"Start boy'in drinks. Good at ahm wrestlin'? Thaht too."
Back to top Go down
Neriglissar

Neriglissar

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 22, 2023 2:07 pm

Lokars looks at the two men, his gaze landing on the large ganger with red spikes on his head. All right lads? He said with a positive tone of voice and a respectful nod of recognition. Names Lokar. The young and cocky feral said as if it meant something.

He then sat back and sipped his drink. ''Best not get into any trouble'' he thought ''and best nurse this third funky fungas brew''. Taking another slow sip he looked around the bar weighing up the tactical situation, how many people, improvised weapons, back door etc.
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 6:27 am

Sylphilis wrote:
"Start boy'in drinks. Good at ahm wrestlin'? Thaht too."

Mina scoffs. "I'll leave the arm wrestling to you and Lokar. Let's head in and find him. Who knows, he might have already made contact." She straightens up, rolls her shoulders in case things immediately go awry, and starts walking towards the bar. She glances at the four gangers as she strolls by, trying to gauge the dynamics of power at play between them. The pantomime of hierarchy varied in its details from place to place, the patterns were recognizable regardless. If one of them looks back, she nods but keeps moving.

Mina steps through the door and looks around until she spots Lokar leaning against the bar. She makes her way to him and takes a seat by his side. She eyes the two Red wake members inside trying to intuit if one of them is the leader of their troupe, or if it was one of the ones outside. she then turns to the barman and flags him over. "Two more," she says with a tilt of her head towards Lokar's drink. She wasn't planning on letting the foul liquid touch her lips, but one should not be empty handed in a bar.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 24, 2023 1:31 am

Donna saw Lokar and Mina make pathetic attempts to ingratiate themselves without actually doing anything. She would have to take the initiative and was willing to spend the inquisitor's cash to do so.

She hoists herself on the bar, standing on the counter as if she owned the place. It drew all eyes on her.

"'Ave a round on me boys!" she says as she snatches the nearest bottle and takes a hefty swig.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC   ...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

...into the fire - Chapter 2 - IC
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next