A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season 2 - Winter

Go down 
+2
Azza
Another AKA
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2021 4:38 pm

Ash hears her brother but her body reacts faster and even when her head catches up she doesn't have a doubt. She will never leave her brother behind or alone, last time she did he ended up in as a lab experiment.

She is holding her brother from the hip with both her arms, if the ghost tries to pull he will have to take them both.
Back to top Go down
https://linktr.ee/gamedevadventurer
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 11:17 am

The two ghosts behind them descend with preternatural, unexpected quickness upon the dropped fog hound. Wet, gnashing and ripping sounds send a chill down the scoundrels spines as they sprint into the foggy park.

Rake's lightning hook whipped through the air, looping expertly around the spirit ahead of them. It snarled and let out a terrible whine, wrenching backwards in an attempt to snap the coil, but Ash and Rake hold strong. Rake wrestled with the lightning hook to send it toward the others and the downed fog hound.

The spirit resisted at first, but the metallic scent of blood has already spilt into the air. The temptation must have been too great to resist, and it shrugged off the lightning coil and shouldered one of the other spirits aside to get at the feast.

The Phantoms paid their price, and now have a golden window of opportunity to escape to their lair.

he/him
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 12:11 pm

When Rake felt his sister's hands grab onto him, he almost dropped his lightning hook's handle to turn and scream at her. He'd told her to RUN! But then the ghost bucked and pulled, and he was thankful for the extra anchor.

After tossing the hungry ghost at the other spirits, he grabbed Ash's hand and ran. The rest of the crew was a few steps ahead, heading for Mistshore Park as fast as they could. Maybe it was his frayed nerves from the night's horrific events, maybe it was the elation of victory, but Rake could not help but smile at the sight: Echo holding up her skirts as she ran, Ink blowing smoke out of her mouth like a steam engine, flanked by the brutish form of Rex shuffling along, with his strange lilting step.

He turned his head to look at Ash, still pulling her along by the hand like when they were children, and grinned.
Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 1:05 pm

Ash grins back, they somehow made it. "That ought to be enough of a message to the fog hounds" Her other is grabbing her said, and old wound she have neglected to treat and that reopened after going throughout the window.
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 6:36 pm

Ink was more than happy to run when told to, terrifying ghosts and other such supernatural creatures were not her forte unless they could be reasoned with - and these most certainly weren't the type for that.
She couldn't help but grin as one of them was thrown around by Rake, leaving the group a free path to safety by the looks of it.

Ink took a long drag from her cigarette as the group slowed to a more stealthy pace once they were clear of the ghosts, then spoke through the smoke. "Deal with a lot of ghosts then? That was an impressive bit of work, hardly missed a beat. And it seems your war may be rather short lived. I doubt they'll want to mess with the lot of you much after that."
Back to top Go down
Another AKA

Another AKA

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 10:03 am

"I would think not! This is all their own fault really.   We very graciously gave them the chance to have a conversation as adults,  but they foolishly opted for the least of lesser options." Still a bit out of breath, Echo giggled after saying the last words with faux gravitas.. The least of lesser options was something that they had been accused of taking when they got into trouble together.  Despite how terrifying the entire ordeal had been,  they had won!  They had won, Ash was alive (to be discussed later), they had a new member of their crew, and Marius was smiling!
What a night
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 11:44 am

Rake chuckled at Echo's familiar line. It was nice for once to not be on the receiving end of the scolding.

He turned to Ink. "I am a Whisper," he said simply. The only explanation he felt was necessary.

As they reached the Well, Rake sobered up. "Let's be careful over the next few weeks. We may have dealt the Fog Hounds a crippling blow, but we can't be certain they're finished yet. They might still come looking for payback."

"Rex," he said, turning to the Grinders' cutter. "You're more than welcome to hang around for a few days. We have some kelp beer and plenty of stew and bread. But, if you have to take your leave, we understand. We're thankful for your assistance."
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 12:18 pm

Rex seemed a little less tense upon entering the Well, but only slightly so. It looked like a pin drop could still elicit a walloping punch from the beast of a man - and you can hardly blame him after the events of the last few hours.

He listened impassively, giving Rake a steely gaze, letting the whisper's words hang in the air for a moment before responding.

"Stew...stew would be good." The cutter nodded slowly before collapsing into a chair at the table. "Beer...beer as well."

he/him
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 12:20 pm

Rake nodded. "Spooks! Stew and beer all around, please."

The young boy poked his head from the kitchen area. He was clutching a small pistol in his hands. Seeing the crew, he put it up on the counter and grinned. "Take it we won, Mister Rake?"

"Aye, the plan went off without a hitch." The sound of the ghosts feasting resurfaced in his mind. "Well, mostly." He looked at the others. "Oh, this is Rex, he'll be supping with us tonight. And the tattooed lady is Ink, she'll be joining the crew and taking up residence aboard the Well."

His eyes went wide as he took in the strange appearance of the guest and the new crew member. "Um... Hiya!" he said, gracing them with a small wave of his hand.
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 12:30 pm

"Quite the name, Spooks. It's lovely to meet you, of course. You let me know if I can do anything for you, kid, and I'll do my best." Ink gave a wide smile through her usual halo of smoke. She returned the wave with a brief nod of her head.

"You're the cook then, I take it? Are my options only stew and beer, I do like some variety from time to time! Even more important given I'm moving in. If not, I'll be getting us some more food stocks in the future."
Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 1:40 pm

==========================================

Ash waited for everyone to be out and about to leave the letter, coming in and out quickly before heading to Inspector Vale's house. She left the letter vague enough so that by the moment Marius
realizes what actually happened he can't come waltzing and take her away before she enters Iron hook.
She smirks, knowing too well that that might not be enough but she could still hope for the best.

The letter reads:

Got info from my contact that the bluecoats were getting antsy, I'm dealing with it, we can't have them on our backs on top of having that war with the fog hounds. Shouldn't be away more than a month or two.

Ash
Back to top Go down
Another AKA

Another AKA

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 7:37 pm

Echo returns to the Well, sullen but wanting to hope. She had read Bazso's note repeatedly, the memory of their bilious threats still throbbing like a fresh wound.  If she ever wanted a chance at what she and Bazso had had before, the Phantoms had to avoid the Lampbacks, which meant staying out of Crow's Foot.  It bristled to be limited by circumstance in this way, but it was not too much to ask if it would keep Ash and Marius safe. Now more than ever, it felt like they were all that she had.

~~~~~~

She picks up the letter with a sense of foreboding; the crew did not know that the Lampblacks were out for blood. If Ash or Marius were writing to say that they'd not be back for a while, by the time that they find out to avoid Crow's Foot, it might be too late!  

By the handwriting, it was Ash...  A month or two? Why would she? Her jaw slackens when it registers. Oh Ash... Why didn't you tell us? Or at least Marius?  You can't have meant him to find out from a letter! She knew that he would have tried to stop her because she herself would have tried to stop Ash from doing this.

The paper is crumpled and made to join her other wretched missive.  Marius had to learn about this, but she would do what Ash could not.  Tell him to his face and be there pick up the pieces afterwards.

Bazso, the Lampblacks and now this; despite her best efforts (it was such bad luck!) she found herself wondering whether things could possibly get any worse.
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 6:34 am

==========================================

As Marius makes his way to the Well from Redfog Tower, his mind is firmly focused on the score ahead. Twice-Dead Tom had said not to open the box, but perhaps, with proper precautions, they could move the contents to a smaller container, one that would be easier to hide.

The other issue was gaining access to the Crow's Nest. Could they sneak in? Was there an access through the canals? Or could they talk their way in? Surely, the Crows needed smugglers. A business meeting could prove to be a suitable excuse to gain entry. Once inside, some sleight of hand from his sister was all they would need to leave their delivery out of sight.

When he finally enters the ship's cabin, he is surprised to see Cadence sitting alone at the table. "Good evening, cousin," he says as he hangs his hat and coat. "I have some good news: I have secured a lucrative job for us. Are Ash and Ink present as well?"
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 8:28 pm

"Guilty as charged, Rake." Ink popped out from some other room, smoking a cigarette as she always was. She looked between the two other people in the room and pulling herself out a chair that she immediately flipped backwards to lean forward against the backrest.

It was weird to her that Rake would get a job for them without consulting the group, but perhaps that was how things were done here. She was hardly in a position to object to anything given how new she was so for now she'd go along with it. No harm no foul.

"Haven't seen Ash in a while, not really at all since we got back from the last job. Could send out some feelers for her, unless you know something I don't."
Back to top Go down
Another AKA

Another AKA

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 9:38 pm

"Might be early to be putting out feelers, but it's a good idea!   Maybe if we don't hear from her in another day or two?"   She still planned on telling Marius about the letter.Soon... Eventually...

"What is the job Rake?  I received some news that might influence how we choose to go about things. "
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 5:59 am

Marius looked uncomfortable when asked about the job. He knew Cadence wouldn't like it. Their encounter with Twice-Dead Tom had left her shaken and he was loath to reopen old wounds. So, he stalled, thinking about how best to lay it out.

"I wouldn't worry too much about Ash yet. Back when we were younger, she would sometimes disappear for days. We'd eventually find her in the attic, or on the roof, or something akin to that, surrounded by food she had filched from the kitchen." As he talked he walked to the kitchen, pulled three beer bottles from the icebox and uncapped them.

He walked back to the table and handed one to Cadence and the other to Ink. He realized with a start that they'd never actually traded names, just aliases. He smiled weakly at the Spider. "It just occurred to me that we've never been properly introduced. My name is Marius Helker. You may call me Marius when we're not working, if you wish."

He sat down at the table. "If Ash isn't back in a few days, we can start by looking for her at the fighting pits, in the Docks. It's where she goes to unwind," he said disapprovingly. He'd never understood his sister's interest in blood sports.

"As for the job..." He sighed. He hadn't come up with anything to smooth out his pitch. Best to rip the bandage off... "As I returned to the Well, I was ran into an old friend: Twice-Dead Tom. He offered me 8 coin to hide a box in the Crow's Nest. I thought it unwise to refuse him."

He looked at Cadence warily, afraid of what her reaction might be. "I know this could be difficult for you," he said preemptively, and with uncharacteristic kindness, "but it would be much better to be in his good graces than not."
Back to top Go down
Another AKA

Another AKA

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 2:14 pm

The memory of Tom's acrid reek seems to fill her nostrils and she has to swallow repeatedly to avoid throwing up.

"I do not want us to have any further dealings with Tom", her voice was softer, more plaintive than she had intended; Marius being so nice had taken her by surprise, as had hearing that name. Taking a swig of beer gives her time to clear her voice of either timidity or bitterness.  Appearances.

"But that is not really up to either of us, is it? You were right not to refuse."  She looks him in the eye, and nods firmly.  "You were right. As we plan this, we will have to account for a complication. Our recent victory has vexed the Lampblacks and... Bazso Baz has pledged that grievous harm would come to us should we cross paths with their lackeys."

Cadence bites the sides of her tongue to keep her lips from trembling too much before drinking more of her beer.
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 4:09 pm

"Varetta, Varetta Vale. Prefer to go by Ink though, more properly my own name than the real one. If you say it's fine then it's fine, wasn't sure how much you all kept direct tabs on eachother." Ink shrugged, staying quiet while the other two spoke about Twice Dead Tom...

She'd never heard of the man before, but a nickname like that was generally a good indication of one of two things. Either one, he was absolutely full of himself and trying too hard, or two, he was terrifying and that name was given by other people. The latter was more likely given how the two spoke about him, which was concerning.

"So assuming we can't decline, what exactly is the package? It seems strange someone would have us deliver something to someone else instead of their own people. Poison? A bomb? What are we looking at here?"
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 4:32 pm

Marius frowned at the mention of the Lampblack. Wonderful, we have already replaced our enemies with bigger, meaner ones. He didn't know much about them, just their reputation. They were a crew of violent, low-born thugs. He was grateful that Cadence was keeping her ear to the ground. He might not have known about this threat without her. If memory served, they were currently at war. If they proved to be too problematic, perhaps the Red Sashes could be useful allies...

"Twice-Dead Tom doesn't have 'people'. Have you never heard of him? I thought he was a pretty well-known urban legend. One that unfortunately is all too true." Marius took a sip of his beer. "As for the package, it's not a delivery. We'll be planting it. It's some sort of arcane artefact. I'm afraid it has a rather nasty aura. My hypothesis is that he hopes it will inflame Lyssa's passions and thwart her efforts to bring peace to Crow's Foot. If the Lampblacks really want our skins, then it's probably in our best interest to keep them focused on their current enemies."

"I'm not very familiar with Crow's Foot. Are either of you acquainted with it? If not, perhaps Ash can do some reconnaissance for us."
Back to top Go down
Another AKA

Another AKA

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 7:21 pm

Were the spirits mocking her?  At any rate, if the war between the Lampblacks and the Red Sashes remained active, the Phantoms could maybe strike at the Sashes as a peace offering.  She'd have to see what Bazso thought of it... whenever  they were finally able to see one another again.

"I am passingly familiar with Crow's Foot, so we could start with what I know and then see what other information we require."  She turns to Ink with a wry smile.

"If we were still deep in throes of our conflict with the Hounds, we would probably be more concerned... Even with the Lampblacks' new grudge, Crow's Foot isn't one of Ash’s stomping grounds.  Don't worry,  we do look after our own. "  

No matter the cost to ourselves apparently...  Right Ash?  She had to figure out how to tell Marius, or at least massage how he takes the news.
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 8:22 am

"Can't say I've heard of him, no. I don't pay much attention to urban legends, I find they often have a bit less truth to them than I would like." Ink tapped her cigarette holder against the table to shake some of the ashes off as she listened. Arcane devices weren't things to be messed with lightly, especially not when given by someone as apparently dangerous as Twice Dead Tom.

"Crows foot isn't well known to me either, unfortunately, but I'm sure I could get some information from there one way or another if we need it. That being said, if we get seen at all doing what he hired us to do we are going to be in a /very/ bad position. If that artefact does what you say and continues the war... Well if it gets found out that the box is the reason for that, and we were seen dropping it off, we are going to have a lot more on our plate than the Fog Hounds ever put there. This seems very, very dangerous. Hell if the Lampblacks already dislike us, this could push that over the edge."
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 10:13 am

"From what I understand of the war in Crow's Foot, only the Crows want it to end. The Lampblacks and the Red Sashes want to destroy each other. However, I agree that subtlety is preferable. I'll try and find a way to reduce the size of the package, so it can be easier to hide. Maybe we can get into the Crow's Nest under the pretense of a business meeting? Surely, a crew like the Crows needs some smugglers, and with the Fog Hounds on their way out..."

Marius looked at Echo and Ink. "If the two of you can distract them, then Ash can use some sleight of hand to hide the cursed thing."

He sighed. "I know how dangerous this job is, but I was cornered by a murderous, immortal demon. I felt like I didn't have much of a choice. I promise I won't make a habit of signing us up for jobs without talking to you all first."

He leaned back in his chair. "Besides, getting close to Twice-Dead Tom will provide us with some interesting opportunities. It's best we learn as much as possible about him, in case he becomes a problem in the future. I'll see if the Grinders still have Ghoul on staff. He might have some useful information about our new 'partner'. Can the two of you handle reconnaissance and working on an approach?"
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2021 12:52 pm

"I have a contact that is familiar with Crow's Foot that I can tap, she can help us gather information and figure out an approach. She may be willing to assist on the job itself as well." Ink took a long pull from her cigarette, letting the smoke slowly seep out as she spoke. "I have her in a contract as well, so she can't betray us - very safe. So yes, I can work on that. If Echo wants to help she is more than welcome, of course, multiple avenues of information gathering can never hurt."

Ink leaned back, tilting her chair slightly with a grin at Rake. "Don't worry about it, darling. What's a little demon deal between friends, yeah?"
Back to top Go down
Another AKA

Another AKA

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 7:56 am

"Being able to guarantee loyalty is... convenient.  Do the subjects of your contracts tend to be resentful of the agreements?  You know what? Never mind.  I have faith that you won't bring in someone who will be... problematic."  Cadence was pleasantly surprised to realize that she meant it; Ink came in when the situation was dangerous and the pay non-existent.

"I will put my ear to the ground in Crow's Foot and then we can reconvene in a few days?"  With a little luck, she would have a chance to speak with Marius about Ash, and then she'll be able to loop Ink in.  

No unnecessary secrets.
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 11:30 am

"That very much depends on how the contract came to be" Ink gave a toothy, smoke covered grin and chuckled at Echo's question.

-----------------

A day or so later, Ink gathered the gang in the same bar where she had been introduced to them the first time. She organized for them to get the same table as well because she'd liked the spot and thought it would be fitting to introduce another person in the exact same position, especially given their connection.

"I'll let her introduce herself, but I send a missive earlier - should be here very, very soon. She has already made a contract with me as I said, so she cannot betray us. I leave it up to you as to whether she will be useful or not on this job." As Ink so often did, she leaned back against the booth and took a long puff from her cigarette.
Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 3:48 pm

Ari arrives 15 minutes late, she walks calmly to the table and stops to openly inspect the crew. She has a  smudge of coal on her cheek and her green cloak is covered on the stuff too. You can tell she had been out all day, probably tracking something or someone, this might even be the first chance she gets to pause and take a break.

"Name's Ari." She says taking a sit and downing half of the beer tankard that was placed in front of her.  After loudly showing her content with the beer she looks at Ink.  "What's the job? What do you need me for? Risk level?" Classic Ari, getting right down to business and ignoring any proper etiquette the situation may demand. In her defense, she doesn't know any of that but she hadn't bothered to learn about it either.

Last edited by NightingaleJ on Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 6:18 am

Marius had kept to himself since his altercation with Cadence. Opening Tom's box had undeniably affected him and he had hoped isolation would help soothe his nerves. Unfortunately for him, he found that everything was aggravating.

Now, as they waited in the Broken Anchor for Ink's contact, the ordinarily peaceful sound of the waves below felt like they were wearing down. The odd bark of laughter was like a gunshot, making him twitch and reach for his weapon. He drummed his fingers on the table, struggling to keep his cool.

He was about to leave when the young, dirty woman joins them. "Perhaps you should include a punctuality clause in your future contracts," he says to Ink as their 'guest' pours her beer down her gullet.

When Ari turns to Ink to ask about the job, he can't help but feel a stab of annoyance. He knows it makes sense, of course, Ink is the one who reached out, but she was still new to the crew. He clamped down on the feeling, pushing it down to join all the others wrestling with his will since he'd opened that damned box.
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 7:49 am

"Ah! Ari, good. This is Rake, and Echo. Rake's the leader of our little group here, and this job is his baby so he's the one you're going to want to get specifics from. I just called you in as talent, you know how it goes, mm?" Ink nodded towards Rake to take it away, she had no intention of acting as the leader of the group around new folks - far too much baggage.
Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 8:06 am

Ari nods no expression on her face other than a raised eyebrow, she turns to look at Rake waiting, her hand starts tapping softly on the table.
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 8:37 am

Marius narrows his eyes as he looks at Ari's hand. As her fingers strike the table, his jaw clenches. Devil's blood, man. Get a grip!

He takes a deep breath, then looks up into the young woman's face. "We need to get a box into the Crow's Nest. Tuck it away some place out of the way, where it won't draw any attention. Ink tells us you know Crow's Foot rather well and that your specialty is reconnaissance. We haven't chosen our approach yet, so we need information to help narrow our options."
Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 1:09 pm

Ari nods "know Crow's Foot. Then shakes her head. "I hunt people, things, information." Then she grabs her chin. "So a way in, no trace, no witness. I may have a route. Who wants the box?"

Ari is drawing a map on her head, remembering convenient places to use and places to avoid considering the state crow's foot is in. The last thing they needed was to get caught in the crossfire of the lamplacks and the red sashes or look as if they are helping of either.
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 2:45 pm

"Nobody. We aren't delivering it to a person, we are delivering it to a location. Much easier, no?"

Ink took a drag of her cigarette and steepled her fingers on the table with the cigarette holder woven through them as she exhaled a small cloud of scented smoke. "So all we need from you is to get us into the nest, then we plant the package. That correct, Rake?"
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 5:54 am

Marius nods. "Yes. We need to get it as close as possible to the Crows' leader's quarters or office."

"So, Miss Ari, is this something you can help us with?"
Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 11:53 am

AbstractCloud1 wrote:
 "Nobody. We aren't delivering it to a person, we are delivering it to a location. Much easier, no?"
moarhair wrote:
Marius nods. "Yes. We need to get it as close as possible to the Crows' leader's quarters or office."

"Good, that means it's fair play that we bite anyone that gets in our way?" Ink has seen what Ari means by biting, especially when Shadow is involved.

moarhair wrote:
"So, Miss Ari, is this something you can help us with?"  

"Sure boss, we are like a gun you just need to point us in the right direction and let us do our job."  She finishes her drink using the back of her hand to wipe her mouth.
"When can I begin?"
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 8:52 am

"As I stated earlier, we haven't chosen our approach yet, but a direct confrontation would best be avoided. 'Biting'," Marius says, trying not to let his annoyance show, "might become necessary, but only as a last resort."

"Time is of the essence. We do not want to have this box in our possession for too long, so the sooner you can start, the better."
Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 5:09 pm

Ari smirks. "Gotcha boss, i'm on it." 

=================================
Ari walks through the streets of Crow's Nest during the busiest hour possible, no better place to hide than in plain sight. For now, her mission is to look for the routes, see who is on the streets and who is the king of what corner. At night is when she and Shadow will sneak around to see who might be around when they come in with the package.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 4:45 pm

The Crow's Nest is an old guard tower that has been patched up by the Crows' and well-fortified to weather the never-ending gang wars in this part of town. The tower is 3-story cylindrical structure with thick wooden doors in front, a balcony off the third floor, and arrow slits pockmarking the upper floors.

The tower sits smack dab in the middle of a six-way intersection in the middle of Crow's Foot, and it is guarded 24/7 by some mean-looking thugs. Their eyes scan passerby with suspicion, gripping their weapons with bloodlust on their faces whenever anyone gets too close without good reason.

Members of the Red Sashes and Lampblacks appear at regular intervals to "pay up," along with the occasional merchant and other individuals who are clearly trying to keep a low profile.

he/him
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 1:39 pm

Score 7, Episode 7

"Stop right there."

The guard who was missing at least a few teeth brought the rifle up swiftly to eye-level as soon as you step within a stone's throw of the tower.

The second guard was quick to follow, and a cursory glance above revealed at least a few guns sticking out of the windows as well.

"What business have ye with the crows?"

A gaggle of orphans scuttle behind you, giggling to themselves. It seems a perimeter around the Crow's Nest is one of the only open spaces in the district where you don't have to worry about a pickpocket.

The guard who hasn't bared his beautiful grin spat dark tobacco juice on the cobblestone.

The hostile greeting is unpleasant, but as savvy criminals yourselves, you can hardly blame them. After all, there's a war going on here, so only a fool would being taking chances.

Only problem is, you saw more than one Red Sashes patrol on the way over, and one of their drug dens - an old factory converted into an upscale drug den - is less than 30 meters down a side street from this town square.

Best get inside quickly...

he/him
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 3:28 pm

Ink stepped forward in a swirl of smoke, smiling at the man as she began to speak "We've got an offer of business that we think you might be interested in. We help people get things to places, discreet and quick, no questions asked. Can bring stuff in for you too. Weapons. "

She lowered her voice slightly, speaking more conspiratorially. "Heard you're trying to mediate a war that might be coming. That kind of work needs supplies. Supplies we can provide.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 3:42 pm

The guards flicked eyes to one another warily before nodding you inside.

The crew stepped through the heavy wooden door and into a darkened hallway. A third guard inside gestures to a table beside her.

"Weapons 'ere please. All of them." She gazed at you sternly while pulling her coat back slightly to reveal a pistol tucked into her belt.

"Once we're through with our pleasantries, I'll take ye to Bell."

In other rooms down the hallway, the crew can hear muttered voices and chatter.

he/him
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 7:59 am

Like most people, Rake didn't enjoy having guns pointed at him. He remains still and non-threatening while Ink parlays with the sentries. This wasn't his area of expertise. He'd been taught the art of diplomacy by his tutors, but the lessons had never really taken. He knew the steps, but had never been good at the dance. He was thankful he had Ink and Echo to take the lead with this part of the score.

Inside the the tower, he reluctantly surrenders his sword and pistol. Truth be told, if they became necessary in here, they probably wouldn't be enough. He'd taken them to get the crew safely to their destination, but he still resented having to let their reassuring weight go. Worst case, I have other options, he tells himself as he watches the Crows place his weapons in storage.
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 8:07 am

"I was... Just helping them get inside." She looked to her group, then at something in the distance that only she could see. Ink shook her head and moved off, letting the group give over their weapons as she tried to make distance between her and whatever was in the box, figuring that may be the cause.

"I will see you back at base, everyone. I think... I think I'm too distracted to help more."
And off she went!
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 2:54 pm

The guard watched carefully and scanned the party up and down for any other hidden weapons. She appeared satisfied and flashed a warmer smile.

"Name's Weaver, by the way. Pleasure to meet you lot. Now, if you'll follow me..."

Weaver strode down the darkened hallway where she enters a rather well-maintained elevator. The door hummed open and she gestured inside.

"After you, of course."

One story up, she exits into a wide room that spans what seemed to be about half the circular tower. In the center is a table with six chairs. A few arrow slits let in some drafty, chill air. A short end table stood at the far side of the room with a few wine bottles as well as assorted fruits and cheeses. A keg sat on the floor next to it.

At the table sat a rather frumpy, balding man eating an apple.

Weaver barked at him to retrieve Bell. The man grunted in irritation, but got up and enters the elevator you just exited, glaring at you with skepticism.

Weaver rounded the table and sat down, gesturing for you to sit down.

"You come to Crow's Foot often?"

Her manners are crude, but genial enough.

he/him
Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 4:00 pm

Ari frowns but Ink has never lead her astray so she takes out her weapons and calmed Shadow when he growled and the guy that was approaching to take her weapons.

And then Ink is gone, just like that, she has half a mind to turn and follow her but the mission came first.

Following Weaver upstairs she kept an eye out for the perfect place to hide their cargo.
Back to top Go down
Another AKA

Another AKA

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 8:44 am

It was all she could do to not run after Ink and beg ask her to come back. Not only had the score been planned assuming that Ink would be present, there was the reality that with everything that had happened over the past few days, Cadence had been relieved that the more experienced woman would be taking the lead.

Spirits take us! Days? I have had less momentous months... years even.  To think that I once lamented that I would never live through anything more eventful than the season that the cambric that was all the rage turned out to be waxed potato sack!

Weaver's overall demeanor was reminiscent of Butcher's: tough and unrefined, but altogether not unpleasant.  She sat as bidden, fighting the desire to test the chairs for grime, instead taking care to be still so as to minimize any possible transfer.  Focusing on that stillness had the added benefit of helping to project a composure that she certainly did not feel.

"Individually, from time to time; more seldom as a group.  I can say for myself that my time here is rarely dull.  I am curious, what is something about Crow's Foot that only a local might know?"  Until Bell arrived, making small talk was better than sitting in silence.  Who knew, maybe the art of conversation would save their lives if Weaver, moved by a few moments of well formulated banter, advocated for them to be spared when all of this inevitably went off of the rails.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 8:19 am

Weaver noded as Echo spoke, eyes flicking between the slide and their two eccentric companions.

"I apologize, almost forgot my manners. Please, help yourselves."

Weaver stood up and set some cheeses and fruits out on the table, taking a small chunk of the former for herself as well.

"You know the Leaky Bucket? Forget about the upscale joints in Brightstone and Nightmarket...the bucket's got the best mushie burgers in town. Trust me."

A moment later Bell arrives. He greets you with a polite smile and exchanges a few pleasantries, offering you a glass of wine.

After pouring himself and any takers a glass, he leans back and his expression turns serious.

"Now. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

he/him
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 9:12 am

AbstractCloud1 wrote:
"I was... Just helping them get inside." She looked to her group, then at something in the distance that only she could see. Ink shook her head and moved off, letting the group give over their weapons as she tried to make distance between her and whatever was in the box, figuring that may be the cause.

Rake frowned as Ink spoke. As he stared at her in disbelief, the little signs of strain started to become apparent. The tension in her jaw, the wildness of her eyes... he knew these symptoms well: Tom's box had gotten to her. He nodded, letting her know he understood.

As they travel through the tower, Rake's eyes wandered, looking for a good spot to hide the box. In the elevator, he wondered if he could just slip the box onto the cabin's roof. It would be in frequent motion, making it hard to pinpoint, and it would be out of sight. He makes a mental note of it, if he doesn't get a better opportunity by the time they leave, then that would make a perfect fallback plan.

He smiled politely at Weaver when she introduced herself. "Rake," he answered, gratefully letting Echo handle the conversation.

When offered fruits, a rare luxury in Doskvol, he grabbed a few and savored their sweetness, silently hoping Bell takes his time so that he could take more without seeming gluttonous. To his disappointment, Bell doesn't make them wait long.

He kept quiet, letting Echo take the lead again, and searched the room with his eyes for a good spot for the box.
Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 1:45 pm

Ari nods at the mention of the leaky bucket, her mouth-watering at the idea of the food that is waiting for her at the end of the day. She raises an eyebrow at the food and carefully takes the cheese, giving it a sniff before trying it.

She was now among people she had never worked with so she chose to keep her mouth shut and instead looks around with the help of Shadow's senses for a good place to hide their package.

Keep watch. She tells shadow telepathically.

Ability Ghos Hunter:
Back to top Go down
Another AKA

Another AKA

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 2:43 pm

Thanking her with a soft nod, Echo takes a piece of the same cheese as Weaver and leans forward slightly to show interest in her response.  Not knowing the Leaky Bucket, Echo gets Weaver to give her its exact location.
"If they are as good as you say, I would be most pleased if you would allow me to thank you by sharing burgers and beers at the Leaky Bucket... circumstances allowing, of course."  The words were formal in contrast with the smile and tone which were a touch cheeky, nigh on flirtatious; whether reasonable or not, the stakes feel lower with Weaver.

Echo was just beginning to feel at ease when Bell arrives.  He is not particularly intimidating, but somehow his presence feels like an escalation.  She has to force herself to put the glass down after the first sip, deeply aware that constantly drinking from or fiddling with the glass could be seen as tells.

Bell wrote:
"Now. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"It is owed to a combination of enterprise and skill.  We are here to discuss mutual benefit.  Our business is that of freight, which can be of use whether easing certain tensions or during an adeptly brokered détente."
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 12:19 pm

Weaver offered a nonchalant nod.

"I'll drop by the Bucket any time. But business first, of course."

Ari and Rake snuck a few glances around the room, assisted by a few sniffs from Shadow. For the briefest of moments, they think Bell catches their gaze and notices their wandering eyes, but if he did, he appears to have thought nothing of it, dismissing it as mere curiosity.

Bell watched Echo closely while they spoke, then leaned forward. His chair squeaked in the quiet room.

"Word to the wise. Here in Crow's Foot, we like to cut through the bullshit."

He waved his hand around.

"Enough about tensions and de-taunts. You came to us - what exactly are you offering to bring us?"

He pinched the neck of his glass of wine, twisting it with his fingers.

Weaver took a deep breath and waited for an answer along with Bell.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 - Winter   Season 2 - Winter - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Season 2 - Winter
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next