A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Introductions!

Go down 
+65
Voyageur
callume26
KenKen
Aster
Benobo
Neriglissar
Jivik
evca7
Faanku
Tecumseh
Captain_Hoyt
hamhambone
Axtah
Unholy
Canis Dirus
Inquisition6
SoulofInfinity
Flelmo
guilersk
Caligula
NightingaleJ
moarhair
AbstractCloud1
GorumGamer
saturncomesbackaround
Iron and Metal
Murcurie
Thirsty
Thelonius
Lynata
owenstreetpress
FelicitousPsychicFerret
Grond
T.Bit
Willvr
thepooreconomist
DrunkCorsair
stevenart74
Pendraig
smguy
Urist
Kobras_Aquairre
Pyritefoolsgold
Chumpster
blackadder
Obsidian_Spoon
Solodice
Wendigo Bob
Litschi
Dresden
carterbeatsthedevil
Gurkhal
Grunt
kyouen
Morganatic
Theoretical
Sylphilis
MedicMarch
Riverwyld
bobarctor1977
Ariakor
Azza
DonQwaf
mruozu
Carnelian
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Pendraig

Pendraig

Introductions! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyTue May 21, 2019 9:59 am

Thanks Carnelian!

I'll have a look at the recruitment thread and see what's running...
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyTue May 21, 2019 10:03 am

Pendraig wrote:
Hello everyone, pleased to meet you.

I'm Matt, aka. Pendraig and I hail from the United Kingdom. I'm just finishing up my Social Work degree, and will (hopefully) qualify in July. I'd like to possibly travel and work abroad, but have no set plans yet.

I have many interests that I won't bore you with here, and an abiding love of roleplaying which seems to have endured despite a lack of active gaming.

It is a fantastic and engaging hobby which, for me at least, has a deeply spiritual element too.
My favourite genre, by far, is fantasy followed by everything else! I have no qualms about trying new games or systems-narrative, indie, simulationist or anything in-between. An imaginative and cohesive setting is, perhaps, the most enjoyable and important aspect of an rpg for me. I'm presently exploring Glorantha, but at home in the Realms, The Old World, or the far reaches of the 40k universe!

I used to game regularly with close friends but since they've moved away I've really struggled to find any decent face-to-face role-play groups and had mostly given up and resigned myself to avid reading of books and imagining games; becoming something of an rpg hermit.
When I saw a thread on reddit advertising this community, I liked the vibe and decided to join and see if I could get back to some regular gaming.

I look forward to meeting some like-minded people and participating in the community. Oh, and getting some games on! Cool

Really glad to have you here! Make yourself at home.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyTue May 21, 2019 12:45 pm

Welcome pendraig. You know, if you ever have an itch for role playing more "real time" and rolling dice at a table, I've been having a lot of fun with a solo RPG called ironsworn. It's my first time trying a solo RPG but I've really enjoyed it and it was very easy to pick up.

Sent from Topic'it App

he/him
Back to top Go down
stevenart74

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2019 5:36 pm

Howdy to everyone from Italy. . .!!

I joined this Forum at the urging of Solodice, who was the Gamemaster for a 2 Year-long Game of the "Infinity RPG" Official Game, on the dedicated subforum of the Corvus Belli Site forums. . .!!

The "Noir Detectives in Space" Game of Solodice successfully ended with a PARTIAL victory of the Players and Solodice said to take some "Cooldown Period" while worked a further Infinity RPG Game in the near / not-so-near future. . .

He described his upcoming "Retrofuturistic Game" that was to be taken there and the idea was quite cool, so I joined there (along with another Gamer from that Infinity Campaign, that will probably subscribe very soon) to see what could be done to develop that very cool idea. . .

. . . . .

As for Myself, I rather daresay that I'm a VETERAN Roleplaying Gamer. . .!!

I'm 45 and from an early age I played ALMOST everything that was interesting and available in Europe; starting (waxing nostalgic. . .) with the OLD D&D "Red Box" and with ALMOST every famous (and not so famous) R.P.G. Game from the late '80. . . . .!!!

I have seen that many of the Site "Forumites" are Players / Enthusiasts of some WH40K Game; I have ALWAYS found that the BEST Games that I mastered for 40.000 Games were centered on "Black Crusade" (own ALL the Manuals in paper hardcopy or digital version) with borrowed parts from OTHER games of the line (such as the "Money Value" from Dark Heresy. . . .I UTTERLY despise the "Acquisition Rolls" of the late Games of 40.000 as randomic, cumbersome and game-ruining !!). . .

. . . . .

At the moment I'm NOT able to do ANYTHING about Gamemastering 40.000 or whatsoever else (LOT of issues with Family / Work / Freelance Jobs / Personal Problems) but, in the future, who knows. . .

. . . . .

I'm a Freelance Concept Artist / Illustrator / Comic Artist and, at the moment, I'm starting to devise some "Mecha Technicals" for Solodice upcoming game. . .

In the specifics revising as "Reference Materials" some "Technical Linearts" of the OLDER "Starship Troopers" Manga kind of "Armoured Military Spacesuits" to be re-invented graphically and conceptually (along with some Starships and other "Mecha Design"). . .

. . . . .

Will GLADLY discuss with ANYONE the possibility of drawing some stuff for them; without ANY cost for sketched BW concepts and rough-coloured illos (have ANYWAY to produce some "Proof Of References" for some potential clients, some of whom will go TILL the 3D Print in Plastics of Rendered Concepts !!) . . .

For "Player Character Concept Styles" I ALWAYS strived to try to emulate the IMMORTAL mastery of "Genius Mangaka" Masamune Shirow; at the moment even more so as a couple of potential clients asked Me to "Refine" My style in a manner MORE reminiscent NOT ONLY of Shirow-Sama works, but ALSO the Concept Linearts from the Animes / CG Movies inspired by its works (such as "Stand Alone Complex" for Ghost-In-The-Shell or the various Appleseed CGI adaptations !!). . .

. . . . .

Have ALSO contacts with Italian Translators of Games (one of My "Best Pals" was the Italian Translator for the Italian Versions of "Witcher R.P.G.", "Coriolis R.P.G." and was involved in the Italian Version of the NEWEST "Vampire the Masquerade"). . .

We are currently exploring possibilites of checking if the manner of "Organizing" Kickstarter Fundraises for R.P.G. Ideas that work WELL in the U.S.A. and Great Britain (a lot of our translated stuff comes from Modiphius of London) in the not-so-easy scenery of Italy R.P.G.

Discussions and proposals about EVERY kind of Argument of Kickstarters / "Free Quickstart" will be welcomed, and forwarded, if needed, to My contacts in the Italian Printing Firms. . .

. . . . .

I am ALSO fluent in written / spoken French, even if it is QUITE a long time that something meaningful came from the France RPG Game scene. . .

. . . . .

Sorry for the rather lenghty "Wall-Of-Text" ranting (also I was said A LOT OF TIMES that My style of "Forum Writing" could be RATHER jarring; a lot of "Capitol Hyperboles" come from my schooling in Italian Vintage Comics !!) but I felt the need to explain a lot beforehand. . . . .!!!
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 12:51 am

Welcome to the forum Stevenart74. Great to have more people joining us.
Back to top Go down
DrunkCorsair

DrunkCorsair

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 9:21 am

Hello, i am the other player stevenart74 mentioned above.

I played another charakter in the Infinity campaign and was interesstes in Solodice retro future game as it reads like some of the classic sci fi novels from Heinlein, Asimov etc. which i realy love.

About myself, i am 37 years old from germany and played my first pnp rpg around 20 years ago.
I started with Das schwarze Auge (The black Eye) a known Heroic Fantasy RPG here in Germany together with Shadowrun 2. / 3. Edition.
Over the years i played more games and read bought some more (never got to play the Firefly pnp RPG).
last years i havent played much at the table due to a lack of players.

As there a re alot of 40k games here i will have look in to these games as i have most hardcover books here.

I think thats all for now.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2019 1:08 pm

Welcome stevenart and DrunkCorsair. Glad to have you aboard!

Look around in the recruitment section to see if there are any games that suit your fancy.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2019 2:28 pm

Stevenart, I am very excited to have you with us; that was perhaps the best intro post anyone has ever made.

Welcome DrunkCorsair! Like bob said, there is almost definitely going to be something to suit your fancy. And if you ever want to run a game that's not 40k, that would be fantastic.

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2019 1:15 am

... and welcome DrunkCorsair!
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 04, 2019 2:26 pm

Hey, welcome everyone. I love those itnros, glad to have some new players. And free concept art is definitely something I'm interested in, I love character illustrations and would be more than willing to put my money towards a friend.
Back to top Go down
stevenart74

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 12:19 am

Thanks for the kind replies!
About Personal Character Illustrations for Forum members, at the moment I'm concentrating on "Shirow Styled" (hopefully good enough to be an Homage, rather than a Insult, to the "Cyberpunk Sensei" !!) human(-ish) characters in "Form Fitting Thin Bodysuits". . .

A parallel work (to entice prospective clients in European Art Firms) need SOME SORT of crossbreed between "Classic D&D Races" and "Star Trek Federation" uniforms and wargear. . .!!

So if someone want some WH40K styled illos, Humans and Eldars (Dark Eldars of Commoragh COULD be Drow Alabaster-Skins or "Fair Melniboneans" at request!!) will be Not a problem, but Orks will be rather "Warcraft Olympic Bodybuilders" with Hair-Manes rather than the bald, mastiff-jawed "Fungal Troglodytes" of "Classic 40.000" (complete with muscular, but gorgeous, Ork Females. . .a thing that DOES NOT exist in the Imperium-Verse !!). . .

Should someone desire some Squat / Dwarf-In-Space character I will gladly draw it (please DO NOT ASK for bearded She-Dwarves. . .is a thing that I PERSONALLY despise !!). . .

Space Dwarves of a survived "Fringe Colony Imperium Ally" would be rather "Viking Saxon Bikers" but should someone like more the "Demiurgh Option" they could sport some choice Tau Stuff. . .

About the "Servants of the Greater Good" I could draw them in ANY sci-fi genre trope; will rather PERSONALLY prefer "Realistic Mechas" (Gundams and Patlabors) rather than "Vintage Stuff" (Mazinga, Atlas Ufo Robot Goldrake, Evangelions or the more recent Gurren Lagaan. . .!!). . .

Will GLADLY do something FOR FREE as I have to ANYWAY produce "Conceptual Proofs" for new clients, so WHY NOT create something that is a help to a fellow gamer. . . . .???
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 10:52 am

Welcome both of you guys. It always good to see players eager to post with some history of doing so. This site/group has been going strong for several years now.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 5:52 pm

stevenart74 wrote:
Will GLADLY do something FOR FREE as I have to ANYWAY produce "Conceptual Proofs" for new clients, so WHY NOT create something that is a help to a fellow gamer. . . . .???

Steven, I have to say I would gladly take you up on this offer if you have the time and feel so inclined.

If you wanted to draw something up for my character Herschel Brahe, I would be very excited to see your work!

You can view my PC bio here, see if it piques your interest:

https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com/t73-herschel-brahe

he/him
Back to top Go down
stevenart74

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 12:39 am

bobarctor. . .

The tzeentchian magisters of Q'Sal are one of the COOLEST inventions of the Black Crusade Game!

Will gladly draw something for You; how is different the Character from the "Basic Illustration" that You used as reference picture ??

If the "Standard Reference" is what You stick to, then a quick description of the "Real Face" under the Mask, along with the most characteristic Mutations could be very useful too. . .!!!

Also what could be the "Coolest Scene" with which You will describe a significant victory of Your PC (Smiting an enemy Astarte with Bolts Of Tzeentch; charting a safer Warp Jump than Imperium Navigators due to reading correctly Chaos Scrolls, etc. etc.) that could be the basis of an "Main Action Scene" (think Manual / Book / Graphic-Novel Cover). . . . .???
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 1:08 am

Sssppt, probably best not to clog the introduction thread with character drawing stuff. We do have a good PM system to handle non-thread specific stuff.
Back to top Go down
stevenart74

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 1:54 am

Sorry!
ANYONE that is interested in Me trying to draw a Player Character feel free to PM with details and requests. . .

There is NOT a dedicated Fan-Art Sub-Thread in this Forum. . .??

Awaiting IF and WHEN the Moderators will decide to allow that, I will post Sketch, Rough Illos, Conceptual Attempts in my Deviantart Page (same name as usual: stevenart74). . .
Back to top Go down
stevenart74

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 8:01 am

ABSENTIA WARNING. . .!!!

. . . . .

Unluckily for Me, a very, Very, VERY Serious PROBLEM of Health has arisen for a close Relative; things were CRITICAL ("Dead-On-Arrival Risk" Level of Criticalness) but are now A LITTLE MORE steady and perhaps-better. . .

. . . . .

If I disappear TOTALLY from the Forum is for this VERY SERIOUS issue. . .

Will check EVEN with the Smartphone but could NOT guarantee a STEADY check-and-writing. . .!!

Hope that GOD will be Merciful with My Family and the issue will be SOMEWHAT solved in the next, critical interveening days. . .

Thanks for Your comprehension. . .!!
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 1:31 pm

So sorry to hear that, Stevenart. Please feel free to DM me privately if you need someone to talk with. I hope you and yours stay healthy and whoever is in need recovers quickly.

Back to top Go down
Urist

Urist

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 11:38 pm

Sorry to hear about your relative. All the best!
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 2:00 am

Sorry to hear that as well. Hope for the best.
Back to top Go down
stevenart74

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 12:23 am

Howdy to all. . .!!

FINALLY I'm able to sit down for half-an-hour to type some answers. . .

Had a VERY difficult past week, NOT for the health of My hospitalized close relative (that is INSTEAD recovering quickly good and VERY speedily, for a quite aging person !!) but for the fact that, being distant from "Homebase" some concerned siblings and relatives arrived and TRIED to help, in their way, that absorbed OVERMUCH my free time. . .

Hopefully things will be better, FAR FAR BETTER in the arriving days of THIS upcoming week, but I could NOT foresee time-consuming activities that are much-needed for helping and alleviating the issues of post-hospitalization, home-bedding and any other related stuff. . .

. . . . .

Things are positive, but some issues in the past have teached Me to NOT be TOO MUCH Optimist in ANYTHING. . . . .!!!
Back to top Go down
thepooreconomist

thepooreconomist

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 9:26 pm

Hi everyone! I'm Rob, or thepooreconomist. I've got some dnd experience and have read a good chunk of 40k, and have always wanted to do a 40k rpg. In the past all my characters have ended up in seneschal-type roles, and I do similar tasks for my career (treasurer and fundraising director for a few nonprofits, PhD candidate in Geopolitics and Grand Strategy, lead a team of researchers with local expert consultants in 55 African countries).

I'm really excited to get involved with you all, and to dive into this world!

(I don't have much experience with this method of play, forumotion, or the rogue trader rules, so please be patient as I get situated)
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 10:54 pm

Welcome, econ!

Lots of worlds to dive into around here (the recruitment thread is the best place to check to see which ones are open). Most take place in the 40k universe while some others take place somewhere else.

Nice thing about PbP (play by post) is it's pretty easy to see in action. Just pull up any game thread and see how it's being done!
Back to top Go down
Kobras_Aquairre

Kobras_Aquairre

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 05, 2019 10:23 am

Hi Econ!

If you're looking for a game to jump into there's room in my Stars Without Number game (The Wandering Black). We're still making characters so its the perfect time to jump in if you're interested. The system is pretty close to dnd's rules, and easy to pick up.
Back to top Go down
Pendraig

Pendraig

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 8:53 am

Hi Rob,

Welcome aboard! Look forward to gaming with you!
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 1:27 pm

stevenart74 wrote:

Things are positive, but some issues in the past have teached Me to NOT be TOO MUCH Optimist in ANYTHING. . . . .!!!

Really glad to hear that there are, at least, some positives.

Quote :
Hi everyone! I'm Rob, or thepooreconomist. I've got some dnd experience and have read a good chunk of 40k, and have always wanted to do a 40k rpg. In the past all my characters have ended up in seneschal-type roles, and I do similar tasks for my career (treasurer and fundraising director for a few nonprofits, PhD candidate in Geopolitics and Grand Strategy, lead a team of researchers with local expert consultants in 55 African countries).

I'm really excited to get involved with you all, and to dive into this world!

(I don't have much experience with this method of play, forumotion, or the rogue trader rules, so please be patient as I get situated)

Welcome to our site! It's great to have a new player aboard. Like Solo said, PbP is a piece of cake. You'll fall into it quickly, no doubt. If you have any questions at all, ask away.

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 4:39 pm

Welcome Rob,

A spot just opened up in my Dark heresy game (it's called A Candle in the Dark) if you are at all interested in joining. Feel free to check out the IC so far to see if it's anything up your alley.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2019 1:44 am

So,my name is Will and I've been gaming since.. 1991, and online gaming of one sort or another since 1997. That started off very freeformy, and was really more about pure RP, but since at least early 2000s have been doing more structured as well. Played both PbP as well as chat-room style gaming.

Whilst I GM and play mostly DnD of various editions, including Pathfinder but not including 4th edition, I'm usually open to trying to play most systems, and have a few that I own but rarely play.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 7:45 am

My GOD.... WILLVR IS BACK!!!!

Welcome!!!

Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 3:04 pm

And I wasn't sure if you'd remember me.

I've been without internet since I've moved to a new place since about a month ago, and I've been busy anchoring down my permanent position at work, but I'm back now.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 3:53 pm

Nothing better than when an OG player comes back into the fold.

Back to top Go down
T.Bit

T.Bit

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2019 6:18 pm

Hi! I'm Tabitha and I started playing tabletop (D&D5e) about 2 years ago. I'm from the U.S.A. and I like fantasy and sci-fi. I recently found the Ironsworn system and wanted to try it out but none of the people I normally play with are interested. So here I am to try my hand at Play by Post.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2019 6:46 pm

Hey Tabitha, welcome to the site!

I'm the other player in our ironsworn game, were stoked to have you aboard. Feel free to peruse the recruitment threads to see if there's any other games you'd like to join.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2019 3:53 pm

Welcome, Tabitha! So cool to have you here. Have fun getting to know the tribe. If you have any questions, please don't be shy!

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2019 12:53 am

Welcome Tabitha, great to have you on board.
Back to top Go down
Grond

Grond

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 2:06 pm

Hello! My name's Joe, I'm new to PBP, and I've been gaming for around 20 years. I've played D&D, Pathfinder, Shadowrun, Rifts, and numerous others. Shadowrun is my favorite setting (I like magic with my cyberpunk), but most of what I play now is Pathfinder. Currently running the Strange Aeons campaign IRL for a group of friends. IRL, I work as a Control Systems engineer for a manufacturing company, I've been married to my wife for 10+ years, and we have a 4 yo daughter and 1.5 yo son. I'm looking forward to playing in a game without having to dedicate hours at a time to it.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 2:16 pm

Welcome, Joe! It is great to have you. You sound well experienced, so it'll be cool to get you in a game (hopefully soon).

Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 3:27 pm

Yes! So glad you made it man. Feel free to move around the threads and get a feel for how things work around here. If you've got any questions shoot me a text and I'll hopefully be able to clear everything up.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 12:58 pm

Welcome aboard Joe Smile
Back to top Go down
FelicitousPsychicFerret

FelicitousPsychicFerret

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 3:10 am

Hello, my name is Peregrine (a name most people falsely assume is a pseudonym), and I'm currently a physics PhD student living in France. I enjoy writing, composing music, and cinema.

I got into playing RPGs via a D&D 5e game on a MUD and since then I've played FATE and Rogue Trader, (occasionally GMing), the last one being an IRL campaign that ran for a couple of years and is now gradually morphing into a play-by-post format on Discord (minus half the players, sadly)

I'm relatively new to the Warhammer 40k universe but have greatly enjoyed playing Rogue Trader (and I was able to gain a tenuous grasp on the lore by watching If The Emperor Had A TTS Device on Youtube.)

I'm hoping to play in some more 40k games here (there seem to be free spots available still!): I found this place via the 40krpg Reddit and it seemed friendly...
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 8:22 am

WELCOME! We are friendly, except for Hydrako... watch out for that guy. Seriously though, you have come to the right place.

If you have a moment and a smartphone, download the LINE free-texting app. We use it to keep in touch real time in an out-of-character capacity.

Again, welcome to the site!

Back to top Go down
FelicitousPsychicFerret

FelicitousPsychicFerret

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 8:39 am

Thanks! I don't really use my phone much (it's more of a dumbphone than a smartphone, haha).

Can LINE be used on a PC (or is there no point? I have reliable internet access after all...)

Have a lovely day Smile
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 1:09 pm

Welcome to our little corner of the internet!

There is a desktop app for LINE.

Back to top Go down
owenstreetpress

owenstreetpress

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 12:49 pm

Hey all, my name is Jason, I live in Seattle and I've been gaming for a couple of decades now. I love RPGs and I have a fondness for miniatures as well, but I've also got a variable work schedule so I don't get to play as many games IRL as I'd like. I've tried some PbP in the past and it fell apart pretty quickly, but seeing as this is a whole community dedicated to play-by-post, I suspect I'll have more luck here!
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 2:04 pm

owenstreetpress wrote:
Hey all, my name is Jason, I live in Seattle and I've been gaming for a couple of decades now. I love RPGs and I have a fondness for miniatures as well, but I've also got a variable work schedule so I don't get to play as many games IRL as I'd like. I've tried some PbP in the past and it fell apart pretty quickly, but seeing as this is a whole community dedicated to play-by-post, I suspect I'll have more luck here!

Welcome.

The already established and dedicated community does help alleviate the breakdowns of PbP games. It can still happen but it's rarer and you don't get ghosted as members will tell you if life is interfering or they're cutting back on the amount of games they are in. Can sometimes be hard getting a game off the ground with the small player pool (getting bigger though) but one it's going it will keep going for the most part.

Azza likes this post

Back to top Go down
Thelonius

Thelonius

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2020 5:05 am

Hi,
I am Ole, I live in Croatia (+1 one on the country count I suppose), however I am not Croatian, but German (there I am not the only one I gather, if all the introduced players in this thread are still active).
So far I only played "Das Scharze Auge" (The Black Eye, a German system, I believe it was mentioned a few times on this board) and that was almost 20 years ago. Haven't played anything since. Always wanted to, but life got in the way.
Back then it was medieval fantansy, but nowadays I am much more interested in Sci-Fi settings. Lately I have been looking more into various systems, as I would like to find a group in RL and set up a campaign. That is when I came accross Stars Without Numbers, which really inrigues me.
On the Subreddit for SWN, I found the post about this forum and a the campaign The Wandering Black and here I am. My first PbP and I must say, so far I am really liking it.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2020 5:29 am

Welcome Ole and Jason! Hope you both find some games if you haven't already. Happy gaming!!

he/him
Back to top Go down
Lynata

Lynata

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2020 12:56 pm

Lots of new faces. Hello to everyone who joined!
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 2:07 pm

Welcome, Jason and Ole! Really good to have you around.

Jason, you are preaching to the choir, my friend. Love of miniatures and RPGs and oh, so little time. PbP will be a great in between to get that itch scratched. At least, that's been my experience. Like Solo said, it's rare that people just ghost off, as we are all pretty tightly knit and understanding around here.

Ole, really stoked to have a new country represented (as well as our second German). We'll have to get you into some other sci-fi games too.

Again, welcome and never hesitate to ask any of the old timers any questions you may have.

Back to top Go down
Thelonius

Thelonius

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2020 6:00 am

Thanks.

Yea, I am open for another game. We'll see what opens up :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introductions!   Introductions! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Introductions!
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Community for Gamers, by Gamers :: Play-by-Post Gaming :: Introductions!-
Jump to: