A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC

Go down 
+5
mruozu
Iron and Metal
Hydrako
Sylphilis
Wendigo Bob
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 1:26 am

Yea mate. Was hoping to have him look after it and stop ironbounds meddling
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 10:50 pm

You got nothing to worry about.
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 10:58 pm

Yussssss
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 9:59 am

Ok, GM, you will probably hate me a little for this IC post but I think it serves a purpose.
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 5:08 pm

I like seeing Hydrako lead. I keep expecting blood. He is intimidating.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 1:03 pm

Agreed. One to fuck with, he is not.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 1:34 pm

I keep going back and forth as to whether there should be blood or not lol. I'm glad it's coming out a wee bit in my posts
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 4:30 pm

I wouold love to see Bleda's purpose in this.
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 10:08 pm

Sylphilis wrote:
I wouold love to see Bleda's purpose in this.

I thought I had written the purpose. The idea is to ensure that if there are people hostile to us listening in, they won't be able to easily tell what we're interested in. If there's a hostile informant present he won't be able to single out a single area we're interested in and let his boss take measures in regards to this one area of interest for us. And if the Astropath is on the take, he will have less time to construct a lie and less oppertunity to direct the discussion.

Its essentially an attempt by Bleda to stay in control over the discussion at hand.

The questions below are what Bleda is really after, the rest is just disorientation and fillers.

"Who can authorize the sending of an Astropathic message?"

"How are the local Astropaths organized in your work?"

"Who has physical access to the Astropaths?"

"What is the security around the Astropaths?"

"How are recieved astropathic messanges reported beyond the Astropaths themselves?"

And we do suspect hostile Inquisitorial agents, if I recall.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 12:26 am

Lol, I picked questions at random to answer. Only one of them is on the list.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 11:55 pm

Anyone going to say anything?

I will IC a long, awkward pause if need be.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 11:01 pm

The way I interperted Bleda's list of questions was a rapid fire assault. The last post got me to thinking that it might had been interpreted that he forgot the information. I saw it as he had all these questions sent his way so fat he couldnt even recall them all.

Is that the way Bleda questioned?
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2019 1:54 pm

Sylphilis wrote:
The way I interperted Bleda's list of questions was a rapid fire assault. The last post got me to thinking that it might had been interpreted that he forgot the information. I saw it as he had all these questions sent his way so fat he couldnt even recall them all.

Is that the way Bleda questioned?

It wasn't really my intention to question like that. It was supposed to be rapid questions to not give the Astropath time to reflect deeply on it, but more like that

Bleda: Question 1

Astropath: Answer 1

Bleda Question 2

And so on.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 13, 2019 5:40 pm

Yup, I read it wrong. Sorry,
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 14, 2019 12:31 am

No harm done. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 9:10 am

By the way, is it just me or is there a hint in that there has been no pyshic births for twenty-six years on this planet? May not be much but it might be a clue about why this planet has been ignored by the Tyranids, athough I don't know how it fits into a large pattern.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 11:15 am

FL (Psyker)?

While its not game breaking important, could I get a CL (Imperial guard) from everyone, Cass in particular?
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 11:30 am

CL guard 20 Vs 52
4 DoS

https://orokos.com/roll/718777
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 12:52 pm

Here comes my roll, as I don't have Common Lore (Imperial Guard) I'm pretty sure that I'm not allowed to roll it.

Forbidden Lore (Psykers)

http://orokos.com/roll/718804

86 vs Int 56 - Bleda don't have a clue.

Common Lore (Imperial Guard)

http://orokos.com/roll/718807

43 vs Int 36

Another failure. I feel like Bleda is like the worst Librarian the Deathwatch can offer. To badly disciplined with his use psychic powers so he causes Perils of the Warp and in regards to lore he kind of knows nothing. And that's when he don't walk head-long into ambushes and is the first guy downed in the fight.

I feel its time to go to bed.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 5:12 am

CL Imperial Guard Test: Int 55 - 20 (Untrained) = <35: 10, 4 DoS.
https://orokos.com/roll/718961
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 10:10 am

Gurkhal wrote:

Another failure. I feel like Bleda is like the worst Librarian the Deathwatch can offer. To badly disciplined with his use psychic powers so he causes Perils of the Warp and in regards to lore he kind of knows nothing. And that's when he don't walk head-long into ambushes and is the first guy downed in the fight.

We still love you. Hey, just rush into melee more, our enemies will take the perils! Razz

Sapiens will also be awesome knowledge-wise. In his chapter, Techmarines take the record-keeping role of the librarians, so he has both Infused knowledge & Total recall, as well as some brain-boosting cybernetics (my signature wargear is a cerebral implant). In his backstory, he was also originally raised to be a Keeper of Tales for his tribe before becoming a SM, so it fits well.
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 11:16 am

Wendigo Bob wrote:
Gurkhal wrote:

We still love you. Hey, just rush into melee more, our enemies will take the perils! Razz

Thanks!

Maybe that's what I should do? Rush into melee and then "Perils of the Warp" them to death?
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 11:27 am

Exactly! You should check out this story however. There's a psyker who'se power is pretty much "sucking the luck out of all their allies".

http://www.theallguardsmenparty.com/spy.html
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 8:30 pm

CL Guard as asked <43; rolled 14/4 DoS

CL Jericho Reach +10 <53; rolled 75/4 DoF
- I wanted to add this in to get some more information about this planet in particular. Something Lucius may have studied in his long hours of Novamarine Nerd Shit and forgotten about until this very moment.

http://orokos.com/roll/719172

No dice on the last.

Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 7:34 am

Lore Imperial Guard: 1d100 18

That's a success. If it was common Imperium it would be against 46; with the -20 that's against 26.
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 6:26 am

Updated my IC to use the correct rank: auxiliary lord millitant
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 4:11 pm

Hydrako was gonna let the slip in rank slide haha. See if Cassiel really gave no fucks lol
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 28, 2019 9:16 am

Cassiel would have surprised you. He was going to use words. Intimidating words, perhaps. Something like:

"You stand here protesting for better treatment from your leaders? They are merciful for they do not need to tolerate your insolence. But they look after your well-being and survival. THE ENEMY IS AT THE GATE! Do you imagine that your groveling will stop the orc horde from painting your town with your blood? Do you think the tyrannid would delay for a moment from incorporating your petty lives into a hive bent on destruction of all mankind? There may come a day when you may complain that you deserve better, but let that day come when you are safe. I promise you, the Emperor's angels would not have set foot on this planet if the danger were not imminently real."

Not what you were expecting at all, right?
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 28, 2019 8:36 pm

Wellllllll he did pull a bolt pistol this one time and blow someone away lol. Hydrako does agree with the wording and approach you put up here, but he was leaning towards the consistency of Lucius. You never know, maybe someone will chuck a brick and Cassiel will get to be bad cop haha
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2019 2:12 pm

Posted to see what their issue is before decided how to handle it.

Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 8:40 am

"Are you children being...naughty?"
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 2:07 pm

Bleda could go out and cast a reading, summon a psychic phenomena and then we blame it all on a randomly chosen innocent who gets burned as a witch and then everyone goes home.

What do you think of that plan?
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2019 7:22 pm

I love it. Do it, but don't actually tell anyone that is what you're doing. It'll be so funny when they fall for it, too.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2019 8:17 pm

Hahaha fuck that's hilarious.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2019 10:19 pm

Lets do it.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2019 10:49 pm

Command to get the crowd to disperse peacefully.

Fel 60 +10 (skill) +20 (PAH, Talented, No helmet) <90; rolled 49/6 DoS

http://orokos.com/roll/723679

Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu May 02, 2019 11:21 am

That randomly chosen innocent is lucky that Lucius rolled so well. Otherwise that person would be on the way to the pyre by next turn.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu May 02, 2019 2:15 pm

Lol. SET THE PYRE. WE WILL NEED A SACRIFICE.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue May 14, 2019 10:55 pm

Hydrako has spoken. If no one responds, will update tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 11:03 pm

updated, sorry for the delay.

So your in the bush now. How will you move? fast or slow? spread out? shoot first ask later or observe and debate?

And who will take the navigate surface test?
Its at -30 for night and the fact that everything looks the same, +10 for having had access to the maps beforehand.
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptySun May 26, 2019 2:45 am

The only additions I have is that we should probably have someone with good Perception and Awareness in front and in the back of our formation as we make it the point we're going to.

Also I think we should go slowly, least we walk to far when we fail the Navigation test...
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptySun May 26, 2019 3:25 pm

Hydrako already gave the marching order in the IC. He is taking point, melta gun right behind him, Lucius is on rearguard - which puts whoever else is remaining somewhere between.

I think we should move cautiously - no need to rush ahead as nothing we are doing is that time sensitive if I understand everything right.

Since we aren't expecting an enemy on planet, there isn't a reason to spread out. Staying single file will allow us to follow the trail Hydrako creates much more easily and maintain a sight line on the person ahead of us while concealing our numbers in the unlikely event that something starts tracking us.

TL;DR: I think we should go slow and single file for reasons.

Who had the best Navigate? With the total -20 penalty, Lucius is rolling against 23.

Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptySun May 26, 2019 7:10 pm

Are we all supposed to roll?
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon May 27, 2019 1:56 am

Navigation (Surface)

<55: 59, way to be a dick Orokos.
https://orokos.com/roll/729426
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon May 27, 2019 2:16 am

Haha bad luck. Unfortunately I think you were rolling against 35 anyway rather than 55. maybe Bleda will know
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon May 27, 2019 5:58 am

I think I'm normally against 46; with the -20 this is a fail:

Navigation: 1d100 39
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon May 27, 2019 6:15 am

Ah I missed that part about the difficulty, just assumed straight navigation. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon May 27, 2019 8:15 am

Bleda has got Navigation (Surface) +20 which means he'll probably roll a 100 or something. Watch this.

I've got an Intelligence of 56, or so the sheet claims, and +20 from the Skill for a total of 76, or rather 56 with the penalties.

And I roll the dice...

http://orokos.com/roll/729442

And its a...98. I told you, and behold what happened! Maybe Bleda can enter an Advanced Speciality as a seer?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon May 27, 2019 12:00 pm

Sylphilis wrote:
And who will take the navigate surface test?
Its at -30 for night and the fact that everything looks the same, +10 for having had access to the maps beforehand.

To me, this is Heath asking which single one of us will take this test. This is why in my post, I wanted to see who had the best chance before rolling. You dumb dicks. Mad lol

Perhaps I am wrong?

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon May 27, 2019 12:00 pm

Lolololol dude FP that. That's just tragic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC
Page 3 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next