A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General OOC

Go down 
+8
blackadder
Iron and Metal
bobarctor1977
Murcurie
Sylphilis
MmmTasteIt
Theoretical
Threebad
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

General OOC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 1:47 pm

<3
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 1:58 pm

Ay Threebad - are you in our LINE chat or seeing our messages? You should join if not.

Sent from Topic'it App

he/him
Back to top Go down
Threebad

Threebad

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 2:15 pm

Never heard of it. Downloading now, how do I find you guys?
Phone is busted, I'll get a new one in the morning. Can't believe I've been missing out on all the shitposting.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 2:37 pm

Post your username here when you have an acct set up and I'll invite you! No rush

Sent from Topic'it App

he/him
Back to top Go down
Threebad

Threebad

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 9:10 am

henry2good@gmx.com, screen name is Henry and my photo is the same
Also, a psyker and blank in the same group? This can only end well.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 9:18 am

I'll admit that I don't really know how the fuck LINE works but I can't find you.

Search for the ID: bobarctor1977 and add me.

I believe you have to set an ID for your acct before anyone can find you through the search bar.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Threebad

Threebad

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 9:59 am

I am honestly amazed you guys don't use discord like the rest of the world Razz
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 10:08 am

I'm in 10+ discord servers, just not here. Someone suggested it a while back but we've been using LINE for close to 6 years now and I'm afraid of change.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 11:28 am

LINE is the most popular texting app in Japan and this gaming group was started by a few of us teachers in Japan in 2013. Naturally, we all relied on LINE and have just been forcing it on others ever since.

I love it. Emoji and sticker game on point.

Sent from Topic'it App

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 1:35 pm

Things I'd like to requisition with my influence of 27
- Survival Suit (average +0, hive +10) = Target 37 (pass)
- Glow Globe (Abundant +30, hive +10) = Target 67 (pass)
- Grapnel and Line (common +10, hive +10) = Target 47 (fail)
- Microbead (average +0, hive +10) = Target 37 (fail)
- Mono (Scarce -10, hive +10) = Target 27 (fail)

Rolls https://orokos.com/roll/590212 = 8, 24, 59, 38, 96

I'll IC this tomorrow at latest. Got a big fail on the mono upgrade so will put emphasis on that - it may not be pretty.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 6:59 pm

So after the latest update with the weird beggar telling Alistair about his dream, I imagine you'll just want to regroup and brainstorm your plan IC. Either before you board the lander or in route.

Doesn't make a huge difference either way, as it will be a voyage of at least several days if not a week or so.

That's assuming there's no other business you want to attend to in the hive, though admittedly you won't have a whole lot of time now given the time you've spent hunting down items, bartering, sleeping, and generally preparing your stuff and getting everything in order. So run any plans by me if you want to do anything else on the Hive that would take more than a couple hours or so.

If everyone's good to go, I can IC your trip aboard the freighter that will take you to the moon.

Sent from Topic'it App

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 8:27 pm

Does Felyx have any place to go - maybe within the Inquisition stronghold - to analyze this data? Obviously a better facility will aid him (either by granting a bonus to the test or DoS on a success). If not, then he will just go for it.

Int 44 +20 (combi tool/interface port) +20 (master of hidden lore trait/pending GM approval) -30 (test) <54/34; rolled 55/1 or 3 DoF
http://orokos.com/roll/591768

I asked in LINE whether or not this should be an extended test (need to acquire a certain amount of DoS before DoF OR before a certain amount of attempts). Personally, I think it should since he would be sitting over it for quite some time. If not, no worries. It'll just remain hella creepy.

EDIT: Per LINE conversation the test has been changed to +10 difficulty extended due to using the Inquisitor's lab and punking the admechs in there. Felyx needs 6 DoS over 3 tech use tests.

Int 44 (+20 combi-tool/interface port) +10 (test) <74; rolled 18 (6 DoS - got it on the first try), 39, and 46. Exceptionally good rolls. No DoF at all.
http://orokos.com/roll/591881

Ignore the extra rolls. I rolled 10 times to save myself any future rolling, ignoring that you asked for it over 3 rolls. Derrrr. Either way, first three rolls are what you see - all success.

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:54 am

You know I was reading through the old posts and wanted to make sure we're all on the same page about something regarding the moon - sorry if Torquemada made it confusing.

There's an old, dead colony on the moon. There's also the ad mech research facility on the moon, presumably studying the remains of the colony. Not the same thing.

There's no record at all whatsoever of the colony. Although it's not necessarily public knowledge, there IS a record of the ad mech facility, hence why Torquemada knew the name of the lead tech priest etc, the schematics, etc.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 3:56 pm

Writing a paper tonight... during procrastination, I aim to be posting in here.

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 17, 2018 11:33 am

Jeff, I sent you a PM with your analysis of the recording.

Feel free to share your analysis/the recording with the rest of the party if you like.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 18, 2018 10:23 am

Oh, my. I will share it sometime during the flight, but not just right at the outset. I believe Theo wanted to get everyone together for a pre-mission meet-n-greet. I am down for that as long as someone initiates it IC.

EDIT:WP roll per LINE: 29 vs 40/2 DoS - Brain Game Strong.
http://orokos.com/roll/595479

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 4:28 pm

I don't know about you lot, but I am STOKED on my audio findings. I assume that it scared you guys so much that you went to reply and just froze at the keyboard. That must be it. it's happened to me too.

:-D

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 8:46 pm

Let's see what Felyx can come up with for a cover story based on what he knows of the Mechanicum. Essentially, what are normal situations in which an ad-mech member might visit a station like this? Why would he bring a crew of outsiders? Assuming they find ad mech boys about the ship and can procure X amount of robes, how could he spin a story to reflect that?

Are there any modifiers based on what he has found in the vox transmission or his past?

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 4:10 am

Possibly. What exactly are you rolling for?

Sent from Topic'it App

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 11:11 am

I am rolling for any possible knowledge Felyx would have to help with the cover story and to have it be based in what he knows of the Mechanicum.

So, on a pass I was hoping for some clues from you as to what the Mechanicus crew on this station might reasonably see as acceptable in terms of a group of people showing up. Even more so if we are able to acquire some Mechanicus garb/icons from this ship's technical crew.

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 3:09 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
I am rolling for any possible knowledge Felyx would have to help with the cover story and to have it be based in what he knows of the Mechanicum.

So, on a pass I was hoping for some clues from you as to what the Mechanicus crew on this station might reasonably see as acceptable in terms of a group of people showing up. Even more so if we are able to acquire some Mechanicus garb/icons from this ship's technical crew.

Let's say you have a couple ideas for stories that could reasonably pass, provided you play the part well enough:

- Felyx found some mention of an ancient colony on the moon lost in some data bank, or in some obscure text. He didn't receive much support from his superiors, so he came alone and with a few henchmen to investigate for himself. His intention was to find something worthwhile or some shred of evidence of the ancient colony to bring back to his superiors to receive more funding for a more thorough investigation.

- Felyx was stationed on some nearby mechanicus outpost or research station. The station intercepted some "odd" radio transmissions and sent Felyx, with henchmen, to investigate and provide relief if need be. His orders were also to make sure any assets of potential value to the cult are safely secured in mechanicum hands, lest any uprising or trouble has occurred on the moon.

- Felyx is the poor schmuck tasked with surveying a whole swath of planets this backwoods sector of the galaxy. Orbital scans only reveal so much, so he is tasked with performing scans from upper atmosphere and poking around on foot when necessary for ancient civilizations, archeotech, and other sites of interest to the mechanicum.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 3:47 pm

Third one sounds least likely to get us murdered right off the bat. Thanks, boss.

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 8:51 am

If someone (felyx im assuming) wants to go ahead and give me a +30 tech use test, then I can include your atmospheric scan results in my next post.

Sent from Topic'it App

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 9:42 am

I got all the fucking DoS on Tech Use, bros.

Int 44 +30 (test) <74/+20 (combi tool and interface port) <94; rolled 4/7or 9 DoS depending lol
http://orokos.com/roll/613888

SCANNED THE MOTHER FUCK OUT OF THIS SPOT.

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 14, 2018 3:45 pm

Hey Jeff, why don't you go ahead and make a suitable social test of your choice (I don't remember all of them but Charm would work) to see if you can explain to Xavier why he should let you have a servitor.

Of course you'll have to RP it accordingly as well.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 14, 2018 4:00 pm

Social tests aren't going to work for Felyx. Hoping to appeal to logic.

If OK: Logic <44; rolled 90/5 DoF. Gigantic fail. Hanging onto those fate points because I think I will need them later on in the campaign. Would this be an opposed test?

Either way I don't see this happening now without intervention from the team.

However, Felyx will still attempt to actively recalibrate one of the servitors, for the inconvenience and to make the tech priest feel like a gigantic dick.

Tech Use 44 +20 (combi-tool/interface port) <64; rolled 51/2 DoS

http://orokos.com/roll/614304
http://orokos.com/roll/614307

Back to top Go down
MmmTasteIt

MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 14, 2018 4:56 pm

Hoooooooly God-Emporer.

That Tech-Priest:

☐ Not rekt
☑️ Tyrannosaurus Rekt
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 15, 2018 9:38 am

Iron and Metal wrote:

I don't see logic as being applicable here. Unfortunately, Felyx is in a social situation. Moreover, he is attempting to convince this tech-adept to give away a valuable piece of equipment that he sorely needs to fulfill his own duties. Not to mention tech-adepts are most likely individuals who strictly adhere to protocol and order.

Perhaps the mention of archeotech and mission classification in your latest post will change his mind. It was tough for me to imagine the adept giving away a servitor to what is essentially a stranger approaching him and going "hey, I'm doing something-something important. can i have that?" However, these details about your objective and mission make your story more enticing and are more likely to garner his sympathy.

It's a shame that you repaired his servitor already, as you've just undercut your own offer.

Go ahead and make a...charm test for lack of a better social skill to use here. +10 modifier because archeotech. I'll RP his response accordingly depending on how well (or poorly) you do on your test.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 15, 2018 9:53 am

bobarctor1977 wrote:
Iron and Metal wrote:

Perhaps the mention of archeotech and mission classification in your latest post will change his mind. It was tough for me to imagine the adept giving away a servitor to what is essentially a stranger approaching him and going "hey, I'm doing something-something important. can i have that?" However, these details about your objective and mission make your story more enticing and are more likely to garner his sympathy.

Completely understandable. I suppose the focus on logic comes from the fact that they are both members of the Mechanicum and, at least in my head canon, much more enticed by logic than by appeals of emotion.

Quote :
It's a shame that you repaired his servitor already, as you've just undercut your own offer.

I don't see it as such. I see it as proof that this stranger, as you have mentioned, is the real deal and knows what he is doing/can deliver on his promises. Something of showing how the holy spirit can make someone walk again before passing around the donation plate. Regardless of how he responds, Felyx has a plan C.

Charm 34 -20 (untrained) +10 (test) <24; rolled 5/2 DoS
http://orokos.com/roll/614483

Hahahahahahaha, Orokos you beautiful bitch.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2018 4:54 pm

Calibrations 82 vs 64/2 DoF.
http://orokos.com/roll/615152

If the trip is long enough that it allows another roll, let me know. Either way, Felyx has a reliable body shield.

Back to top Go down
MmmTasteIt

MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 10:59 am

I was considering asking Felyx if he could help me "improve" the contents of the medkit. Say, making a small electromagnet for extracting bullet fragments from wounds. That the sort of thing I could do? I wouldn't expect it to provide any real in-game bonus to medicae but it feels like a fun opportunity for an interaction.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 11:02 am

That’s an awesome idea. Let’s do it.

If it passes, maybe Bob wouldn’t be opposed to a +5 to medicae tests used to treat SP wounds?

Wink Wink Wink Wink

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 11:05 am

Jeff, probably not. Going from the orbit to the moon can't take more than an hour two, if that. I'm sure you'll spend a few minutes in orbit performing the scans and discussing your game plan, but I don't think you'll really have time to try again without slowing down the party.

Sent from Topic'it App

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 11:07 am

No worries, bob!

I’m assuming this servitor functions RAW as normal servitor... just a little slower?

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 11:08 am

If you guys RP it really quick (in real life time) you can do it. I think everyone is super antsy to advance the game and I don't want to bog things down for the whole party with something that's just spotlighting you two.

You two deserve your time in the sun just like everyone else, but admittedly we've spent a lot of time focused on Felyx lately and I don't want the other players to feel neglected. So if you're gonna do it, make it quick.

Roll a tech use test with difficulty....-60.

he/him

Last edited by bobarctor1977 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 11:08 am

Iron and Metal wrote:
No worries, bob!

I’m assuming this servitor functions RAW as normal servitor... just a little slower?

Yeah. I meant to look up the types of servitors and spell out which it is, but I forgot.

Sent from Topic'it App

he/him
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 1:37 pm

How's everyone liking the game so far? As a GM I love player feedback. Let me know if there's anything you'd like to see or if you have any thoughts for improvement - or anything you enjoy particularly so I can do that thing more 😁

Sent from Topic'it App

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 3:35 pm

CL Adeptus Mechanicus to figure out what kind of ship this is and if everything about it is... kosher.

CL Admech 44 +10 (scribe tines) <54; rolled 10/5 DoS
http://orokos.com/roll/617227

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 3:41 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
CL Adeptus Mechanicus to figure out what kind of ship this is and if everything about it is... kosher.

CL Admech 44 +10 (scribe tines) <54; rolled 10/5 DoS
http://orokos.com/roll/617227

You know the exact model. Everything looks normal from the outside. I imagine it as some heavy-lifting utility lander, able to carry the 40-man crew and associated supplies to build the research station and subsist there. No armaments, not warp capable.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 1:48 am

bobarctor1977 wrote:
How's everyone liking the game so far? As a GM I love player feedback. Let me know if there's anything you'd like to see or if you have any thoughts for improvement - or anything you enjoy particularly so I can do that thing more 😁

Sent from Topic'it App

I'm having a fun. All I ever want is an attentive GM, which you are so no complaints from me.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 6:43 am

^^damn that’s real. Something I hadn’t realized or verbalized until just now; an attentive GM is so key.

Well said and done.

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 7:25 am

I'm having a blast, so it's hard to NOT be attentive. So much fun playing games with people who are also into 40k and put effort into RPing.

Sent from Topic'it App

he/him
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 12:22 pm

Im def anxious for whatever happens next.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 4:11 pm

What could Felyx, or more likely Marius, do to test the food and water for anything that isn't supposed to be in it?

Because we should 100% do that before we dig in.

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 5:03 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
What could Felyx, or more likely Marius, do to test the food and water for anything that isn't supposed to be in it?

Because we should 100% do that before we dig in.

Pitch your ideas to me for reasonable methods of testing it.

You two know your characters, their abilities, their backstories, their experience with this sort of thing etc. much better than I do.

Sent from Topic'it App

he/him
Back to top Go down
MmmTasteIt

MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 5:14 pm

Well, I could roll scrutiny to keep an eye on the ad-mech, see if I catch anything shifty or anticipatory about his actions. And I'm down to give the water a sip and see if I taste anything... familiar. Trade (Chymist) seems reasonable for that.

Edit: Alright, I'll roll Trade (chymist) first for the sip, the scrunity for observing the dude.

https://orokos.com/roll/618921

2 DoF on Trade (40 vs 51)

https://orokos.com/roll/618922

1 DoF for scrutiny (49 vs 52, damn it)

*sigh*
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 9:44 pm

They way you wrote them makes it look like you passed both. Putting what you rolled before the "vs" will fix that.

I actually got excited and thought you passed both but misinterpreted. Sad

Awareness <14 (untrained); rolled 14 - :-D pass
CL (Nutrition) <44; rolled 41/1 DoS - Pass

http://orokos.com/roll/619008

FELYX, MOTHER LICKERS!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 4:30 am

As we get off the ship and again once we've entered the station Egill is going to see if he can sense anything warp related...

Psyniscience roll http://orokos.com/roll/619069 = 44 vs 46 = 1 DoS (+10 to roll from Bob)
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptySat May 05, 2018 12:44 pm

I'd like to try another psyniscience if thats ok? I do not intent to spam it, but I think its reasonable to use again now we are in the station.

https://orokos.com/roll/620088 = 3 vs 36, 4 DoS (5 if I still get the +10)
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptySat May 05, 2018 12:50 pm

Fuck yeah, Dave! Get his ass!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

General OOC
Page 2 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next