A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC

Go down 
+7
Hydrako
Wendigo Bob
Carnelian
insane935
Iron and Metal
Gurkhal
deaddmwalking
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
insane935
Senpai
insane935

Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 7:21 am

Carnelian wrote:
+++ Mess deck +++

The mess desk that served the Astartes aboard ship was quiet until Grimnir hefted a keg of Mjød on to the table in front of Khol. There is an eager look in the wolfs eyes, he'd been long in the field and some horns of ale to wet his whistle was very welcome. He hands Khol a drinking horn "Mjød should be drank from one of these." Grimnir smashes the top of the barrel with his fist before dunking in the matching horn not caring that some was spilt, he gestured for Khol to do the same.

Grimnir raised his horn to Khol "Honour to the wolves and raptors, eh lad.", he nods his head in respect to Khol before downing his drink and getting another before sitting on the long bench opposite.

"Fine idea, much prefer a fine Fenrisian ale as opposed to training after sitting in the mud fer so long." He takes another long gulp and then smacks his lips "So Khol, I know little about the Raptors but what I do know is that you make good scouts. Now perhaps who might be surprised or not but me brother wolves do not make good scouts, to head strong and rowdy, impatient for the kill. There are a rare few of us though who are touched by Lokyar, the Great Lone Wolf. So I take scouting seriously, to many chapters just thinking its a neophytes job. I'm thinking you might be the same?"

Khol dips his drinking horn into the barrel after Grimnir. He inspects the horn as Grimnir starts the conversation. He's never had Mjød before, not even a drop of alcohol he thought to himself. "Honour to the Raptors and Space Wolves.", Khol replied while in thought, then takes a swig of his horn. The taste was... interesting. "I'll have to agree with you onto that, having a cold wet is better being stuck in the mud.", said Khol with true understanding of the statement, alas he too is a scout. Khol listens to Grimnir as he takes another swig of his cold wet, "Indeed chap... I do take the role to the heart. With Raptors, any tactic is considered as important as the next when being used against man's enemies. And to reduce casualties, we practice mainly with range weapons. Can't kill someone if ya been killed +200 meters away. Why you ask?", Khol takes in another swig but this time he gets foam onto his chevron stache. Finally he is able to enjoy the flavors that Mjød offers, can see why the Space Wolves enjoy it so.
Back to top Go down
okul_suntreader12

okul_suntreader12

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 9:11 pm

Juros, who was recently transferred to the deathwatch with freshly painted armor, was in unfamiliar territory by this point from leaving his parent chapter. He started to roam the halls to find the Armory, sparring room, or even the medical bay. to find at least a small bit of peace with himself, and to find his superior officer to report in "if there are such things in the deathwatch" thinking out loud in a hush tone.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 8:11 am

callume26 wrote:

Sapiens' strike was perhaps the hardest blow Iovanus had ever received in a sparring match. In that moment, he was caught between awe and disbelief; awe at how strong Astartes could truly be, but disbelief in the fact that a warrior's fighting style could be reduced to numbers and predictions. It went against his nature, but each Astartes was different according to the gene-seed of their Primarchs, so it was natural that such diversity was present. That did not mean Iovanus had to like it.

4x dodge roll:

Sapiens returned to focus. The other astartes was faring poorly-not likely due to any stasis-related issues, but tied to confidence and uncertainty. A common weakness of astartes minds-we become so blinded by our confidence we dont know how to act when faced with doubt.

The first strike required no effort. The second was an excellent strike-through stace delta-37, aimed at the armpit. It was obvious long before the strike though-and the moment Iovanus was commited, Sapiens simply ensured the target wasnt there. This wasnt dodging per se-nothing in Sapien's movement betrayed that he was reacting-but his natural movement simply meant we wasnt there the moment the strike passed through.

The next three strikes went wide. The following strike -from stance gamma 91- towards the torso also missed, as Sapiens natural movement simply left the targeted space empty. Sapiens chided his overconfidence when the next strike-a rather ingenious transition from stance aleph-9 to vector l-72 managed to hit his left arm.

The next two hits went wide, and sapiens avoided the tenth without difficulty.

For now the numbers where decent-a 30% failure rate was higher than expected, but considering the small sample size wasnt problematic. A solid 20% improvement compared to his usual performance.

But now came the role of the choir-leader. His strength had never been leadership and counsel. But this brother was clearly in an odd mind-space (unsurprising considering the situation) and now was the time to return him towards the safe balance of confidence & doubt that made the ideal soldier.

The results are good-a greater than 20% improvement in my avoidance capacity. I have unlocked the 4th gate of logis-prophecy combat. I must thank you-your movements where the last elements I needed to unlock a full understanding of the astartes physical form. Speaking of astartes, how have your interactions with others gone? What I've seen was contentious.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2022 11:17 pm

Hydrako wrote:
Hydrako considered what Kriegor said. It would have to do. The Cull would have to fight for survival until they returned to Erioch. He nodded once. That would be appropriate. I do not have time for the weak. I will bring them to your medbay shortly, for review. With that, he drifted away towards the brig.

He found the candidate from Castobel still in its cell with the lights shut off. He doubted it had been let out for PT, or contact with anyone outside the servitor gaoler, delivering food, but that was good. Let it brood with its hatred. Adding the other four will further strengthen the group. He unlocked the cell door, eyes instantly adjusting to the gloom, and saw it laying on the cell's berth as if asleep. He could hear from its breathing and heartbeat that it was doing no such thing, but he was curious to let the ruse play out.

Get up, he hissed. No response. I will eat your left hand, if you do not get up. Still no movement. Hydrako was suddenly at the initiates side pulling it's left hand to his mouth, when there was a flash coming towards his face from the right. With comical slowness, Hydrako watched a crude shiv made from a serving tray try to stab him in the temple. He casually swatted it away, and lifted the candidate off the floor by the one arm, like a toddler. Slow. Predictable. Try harder. He set it down on the ground between him and the cell door. We are going to the Apothecary to test your suitability. For your sake, you should pray you are viable. Walk. With that he shoved it out the door and down the corridor on the left.

He tracked the others by smell, and found them in another cell sitting in each of the corners, staring at each other with wild eyed suspicion. They clutched their scrimshaws tightly in bloodied hands, as if to ward off any misfortune that may come from one of the other occupants. Lying in a cold pool in the center of the cell was a body. Hydrako hissed at them all. Get up. They all bolted upright and followed in Hydrako's wake as he left, silently, warily.

Kreigor Thann was in his med bay looking through the eye pieces of a microscope, studying something intently. Hydrako stood in the shadows with the initiates, and waited. They all stood in sullen silence behind him, too afraid to get too close, but more afraid of bolting and what would happen when they were caught. I have these candidates for you to inspect, to sort. They are of appropriate age, and spirit, but their physical qualities are still in question. He laid a hand on the shoulder of the one from Castobel, which made it flinch in anger. This one, I have doubts for. It still clings to its former life. If there are any flaws in its makeup, inform me and I will deal with it. With that, he turned and swept his gaze over the others. Stay here until I return...he didn't need to add the rest of the threat. They could all remember the departure from the planet below.

Hydrako left them then to find Lucius.

"Ah yes. That one" Kriegor says without looking away from his work. "I asked Captain Avincus what those cries were and he told me what he suspected you were doing with that one. I guess he showed you promise somewhere or another?" he stood and looked at the other aspirants. Some were scrawny, some were muscular, all eyed each other with suspicion. "I will get these results back to you when I have them."

[2 days later]

Thann approaches Hydrako in his usual training cages routine, aspirants in tow.

"I have the results you want." he said lowly, though he now need be so discreet with the children transfixed on astartes sparring in the cages.
"They are all in adequate physical shape, though some border on malnutrition, Should that be fixed I see no reason they will not survive the surgeries. The youngest, over there, will not survive. His genetics are a poor match and there is a 97% chance his genetics will reject the geneseed. And that one there has a 54% chance of failure. The others range in the 10-30% chance we expect to see from most aspirants. What will you do?"
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2022 3:50 am

insane935 wrote:

Khol dips his drinking horn into the barrel after Grimnir. He inspects the horn as Grimnir starts the conversation. He's never had Mjød before, not even a drop of alcohol he thought to himself. "Honour to the Raptors and Space Wolves.", Khol replied while in thought, then takes a swig of his horn. The taste was... interesting. "I'll have to agree with you onto that, having a cold wet is better being stuck in the mud.", said Khol with true understanding of the statement, alas he too is a scout. Khol listens to Grimnir as he takes another swig of his cold wet, "Indeed chap... I do take the role to the heart. With Raptors, any tactic is considered as important as the next when being used against man's enemies. And to reduce casualties, we practice mainly with range weapons. Can't kill someone if ya been killed +200 meters away. Why you ask?", Khol takes in another swig but this time he gets foam onto his chevron stache. Finally he is able to enjoy the flavors that Mjød offers, can see why the Space Wolves enjoy it so.

Grimnir dunks his horn into the barrel again and quickly drinks his third while Khol says his piece. “As I said, we be sharin’ a role and I don’t want to be stepping on yer toes overly. I guess me expertise is snipping also and being quiet about it but I ain’t opposed on getting close and slitting a few throats.” Grimnir offers a wolfish grin as he gets his forth drink “The art to drinking Mjød is to drink it quick enough so that our bodies don’t have time to cleanse the alcohol from our systems. Once a keg is broken it must be finished.”
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2022 11:19 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
+++With Iovanus+++

"Well said. In my experience, loyalty has always been a matter of action rather than words, but so some... well, you've seen how zealous some can be. It is obviously a much different galaxy now, but there is a place for you in it. Rely on your experiences, Sergeant, and Kill Team Draco will be all the stronger. Enjoy your spar. I don't know Sapiens well, but crack his hard head once or twice for me."

+++After Talk with Thann+++

As things were getting settled, Lucius approached Kill Team Assura once more. If they hadn't seen it before, they would all recognize Lucius as a veteran of the Tyrannic Wars, and an Astartes brother-sergeant at that with the Cingulum marks of honor and leadership on the armor around his throat. Perhaps those honors alone would give some of them an understanding that he knew what he was about when it came to the Tyranid threat. If not, they would surely notice the Iron Skull honors superbly welded to left shoulder armor, as well as the helmet that was clipped to his belt.

"Anyone who is interested in briefing over the intelligence from Draco's last foray aboard the Thule is welcome to join me in two hours' time. There is much to go over and discuss and plan for."

The metaphorical olive branch was set out, and Lucius hoped some would take it.

With that, he moved along, sending a comm-chirp to Hydrako. "We have business, brother."

From Wilbek and Stavross, the only reply is a cold stare.

Astelan and Septimus say nothing, though Astelan gives him a subtle nod.

Astelan and Septimus arrive at the impromptu briefing, followed shortly by Acutum.
"We appreciate the invitation," Septimus says, "Our fellow kill team members have a competitive streak that borders on antagonism. Efforts to curb the behavior seems only to inflame it further."

Right away, Lucius can see the shared genetic legacy between the marrines errant and the novamarines.

"I am Flavius Septimus, marines errant. This is Leon Astelan of the Dark Angels; and this is Rostrum Acutum, currently a black shield. You've already met Stavross of the Minoaurs and Wilbek of the smoking fists."

They each greet you in a cordial, if somewhat standoffish way.

"Calibos will not be here either. He never shows up to things like this. I see we have others here too."

He was right, other marines who were not of Draco or Asura, or who wished to know more about the mortis from those who had survived it firsthand also present,

Tomasu, Erradius, Thann, Albrect [Who will leave if Iovanus arrives] Dario, and a few others you had not met yet are there. You notice that like Calibos, Cassiel is also missing from the gathering.
Back to top Go down
callume26

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2022 9:09 am

Wendigo Bob wrote:
Speaking of astartes, how have your interactions with others gone? What I've seen was contentious.

Iovanus was impressed with Sapiens' work, however he wondered if such knowledge would be made available to all Astartes, or kept to Sapiens himself. In any case, he was glad the humiliation was over.

"Albrect aside, my interactions have been serviceable, although truth be told, I am in more of a hurry to regain my footing in this new millennium than make friends. I need to be at my best, and wasting time tiptoeing around my heritage--which I will not deny--will not help me regain my strength."
Back to top Go down
DreadnoughtDad

DreadnoughtDad

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2022 5:34 pm

Ashmon was walking familiar deck plates, as this was his second tour with the Deathwatch. Some things had changed and others had stayed the same. The flesh is weak.

He peeked into the med bay and saw the two Astartes engaging in tattooing, a ritual he fully understands as he passed his hand over the names of his fallen brothers of his last squad on his arm. The flesh is weak! He grimaced and quietly shut the door to leave them to their private time. The names of his fallen brothers going though his head in tune to his twin heart beat.

He didn't mind the new bonics. The flesh was weak! He was curious because he could swear by the Emperor he could still feel his fingers and toes. Was that just the brain missing the flesh? The flesh is weak!

He passed by the sparring pits and noticed the sparring Astartes, proving the flesh is weak! He might be seeing one later to treat him. If we know metal is better and stronger, why do we still use biological flesh for our marines? The flesh is weak!

He looked into the mess hall and two Astartes were drinking and talking. The flesh is weak! He has never understood why to drink. The flesh is weak! Continued walking the deck, the names came with each beat of his step.

Walking the deck was peaceful. Soon they will be in battle and chaos would outbreak and there would be a job to do. A chapter to protect! A battle brother to remember. For the Emperor!

Back to top Go down
insane935
Senpai
insane935

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2022 10:58 am

Carnelian wrote:
Grimnir dunks his horn into the barrel again and quickly drinks his third while Khol says his piece. “As I said, we be sharin’ a role and I don’t want to be stepping on yer toes overly. I guess me expertise is snipping also and being quiet about it but I ain’t opposed on getting close and slitting a few throats.” Grimnir offers a wolfish grin as he gets his forth drink “The art to drinking Mjød is to drink it quick enough so that our bodies don’t have time to cleanse the alcohol from our systems. Once a keg is broken it must be finished.”
"Ah... so I assume we'll be getting sloshed?", Khol replied when Grimnir mentioned the true way onto drinking Mjød. He finally goes for 2nd's and dips his horn into the keg but chases it down, since the feeling of his first drink was gone already. As he dips for a 3rd, "Circling back, I believe we are different enough not to be stepping on anyone's shoes. In general I fight with range and move like a bomb. I might not be the best at stealth but I have been able to teach others in the ways of the basics. Lastly, I know some demolitions but above all to cover my arse as I focus ahead.", then he finishes his 3rd.

When Khol was describing his strong points, he kept his expression neutral. Not to seen like he is bragging or to express that he himself is better than Grimnir but an individual with his own set of skills in the same profession that can possibly benefit each other and the KT. This moment does however, make Khol a bit more comfortable to be around his fellow chaps, above all able to talk about scouting with someone.

As he had these thoughts to himself, he dunks his horn again as he waits for his luvvly-jubbly chap to reply.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2022 3:43 pm

[With Assura]

Lucius gave an appreciative nod as Septimus introduced the members of Assura who made the briefing.

"Absent members aside, I appreciate all of your time and willingness to be here. This mission will not be a walk in the park, but you know that already otherwise you wouldn't be here. Well met, all of you."

He then turned and put a fist against his chest to those marines present who were neither Draco nor Assura, some of which he had fought and bled with.

"There's no place to start other than the beginning. If you have questions or need clarifications as we move forward, step in at any time."

It was then that he started holoprojections of various overlays of Draco members HUDs, and started from the very beginning. This would take some time, but no stone would be left unturned. Lucius made sure to leave no stone unturned, but kept the details light when it came to the Storm Wardens tome Caedmon had entrusted him with, that he then entrusted to Watch Captain Mac'lir.

For those paying attention, Caedmon's helmet - fully restored to its original glory - was sitting in a reinforced drop bag at his waist.

"At the very least we can expect a myriad of Tyranid bioforms, and I wouldn't be surprised if another unique variation like this cunt here," he says with a glance at the Beast of Thule's head mounted on his shoulder armor, "Harried us as well. There will be orks, mutants, and very likely warp fiends. If previous missions have taught us anything, Arch Traitors could be on their way as well. Nothing about this will be easy, and the only thing I know for certain is that our only chance of securing success if working together. Competitive streak or no."

The last bit he addressed directly to Flavius Septimus and his crew. "it's clear to me that you all present care enough about the success of our mission to make that happen. But I would ask you candidly and openly, will those not present be a liability to mission success?"

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
okul_suntreader12

okul_suntreader12

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2022 12:00 am

after being lost on the ship for a bit Juros pulled a crewman aside and asked a where some of the members of the draco squad could be. after much chatting he walks into the mess hall "who here is of Draco squad i'm in need a moment of your time". looking around the room.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2022 12:08 am

okul_suntreader12 wrote:
after being lost on the ship for a bit Juros pulled a crewman aside and asked a where some of the members of the draco squad could be. after much chatting he walks into the mess hall "who here is of Draco squad i'm in need a moment of your time". looking around the room.

All eyes turn to the newcomer who had interjected himself into the meeting.

Flavius shrugged, "They might want to hamper you in some sort of way. But they would not intentionally put you in danger, nor would they leave a call for aid go unanswered. Stavross wouldn't let you forget something like that though." he finishes with a sardonic smirk.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2022 7:30 am

[Debrief with Assura]

"If the aid led to our success, he could remind me any chance he needed. I've learned to that big egos and small brains often need to be the loudest." He cracked a smile here, knowing that others in the room familiar with command would be well inclined to agree.

"If there are no questions about our previous mission, let's talk team capabilities. Like Draco, I am sure Assura is well rounded and your mission success speaks for itself. I'd like a breakdown of individual members: genetic legacy, what specializations they may have, where the team particularly excels overall. Are you at full capacity? Apothecary, Omnissiad, Sergeant, Devastator, Librarian?"

Lucius provides the same breakdown of Draco's current makeup for Assura. It would be vital to know each team's full capabilities should help be needed.

+++++++

OOC: Couple things, I carried on as though Juros wasn't here because it seemed like he walked into the mess hall where Khol and Grimnir were drinking and not the debriefing. Secondly, Lucius is providing intel on Draco as per his current knowledge, as though Cassiel and Seraphan were still part of the team.

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 10, 2022 11:36 pm

Grimnir was pleased that Khol was embracing drinking Mjød; he seemed to be enjoying it and opening up a little. One drink and then another was sunk as they chatted shop. Despite his now inebriated state Grimnir was aware another Astartes had entered the mess deck well before he spoke.

The wolf downed his drink and let out a loud belch to draw the new comers attention. Despite his inebriated state he locked eyes with Juros "What is it yer want pup?"
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 8:47 am

[quote="callume26"]
Wendigo Bob wrote:

"Albrect aside, my interactions have been serviceable, although truth be told, I am in more of a hurry to regain my footing in this new millennium than make friends. I need to be at my best, and wasting time tiptoeing around my heritage--which I will not deny--will not help me regain my strength."

Do not doubt your individual strength. I have taught several my arts. It does empower all equally, my own capacity seems beyond most. But the true strength of mankind comes not in solitude, but in brotherhood. We must all make peace with the sins of our ancestors, as all legions have traitor kin by now. Through loyalty and forbearance, those who's minds aren't clouded by ego and wrath will become your brothers.

Back to top Go down
insane935
Senpai
insane935

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 9:17 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
[Debrief with Assura]

"If the aid led to our success, he could remind me any chance he needed. I've learned to that big egos and small brains often need to be the loudest." He cracked a smile here, knowing that others in the room familiar with command would be well inclined to agree.

"If there are no questions about our previous mission, let's talk team capabilities. Like Draco, I am sure Assura is well rounded and your mission success speaks for itself. I'd like a breakdown of individual members: genetic legacy, what specializations they may have, where the team particularly excels overall. Are you at full capacity? Apothecary, Omnissiad, Sergeant, Devastator, Librarian?"

Lucius provides the same breakdown of Draco's current makeup for Assura. It would be vital to know each team's full capabilities should help be needed.

Khol was intensely quiet. Focusing onto Lucius' words. So much so, you would think he was a statue stuck in thought. He was one of the few in the room who has fought along side with Lucius, specifically onto the mission to find the one named 'Ironbound'. Chaps anger and hate for the tyrranids reflects off of his armour just as well how he has fought them. Khol wanted to know more though, you can learn more from the people who actually experienced it than just reading their reports...

"... I have some questions brother Lucius..."
, breaking his silence and choosing his words carefully, "How do you expect us to find Librarian Caedmon, especially the high chance of him being dead? Is there any type of guarantee that the Beast, which Draco fought mutiple times, is dead? If not, how would we make sure that we do? Knowing how KT Draco escaped with the skin to their teeth, will our exit plan be the same?" Khol knows that most people will be offended of the almost drill like series of questions and hopes that Lucius understands his Raptors nature.

Last edited by insane935 on Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
okul_suntreader12

okul_suntreader12

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 1:56 am

Carnelian wrote:
Grimnir was pleased that Khol was embracing drinking Mjød; he seemed to be enjoying it and opening up a little. One drink and then another was sunk as they chatted shop. Despite his now inebriated state Grimnir was aware another Astartes had entered the mess deck well before he spoke.

The wolf downed his drink and let out a loud belch to draw the new comers attention. Despite his inebriated state he locked eyes with Juros "What is it yer want pup?"

ignoring the barbaric greeting and walking over leaving the helmet on. "my name is juros, i was redeployed to aid your squad from another deathwatch force. i was hoping to find your squad leader so i may report in and to be debriefed on any missions you may be embarking on. though i'm not sure how much help you can offer in your current state."
Back to top Go down
insane935
Senpai
insane935

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 7:27 am

Carnelian wrote:
Grimnir was pleased that Khol was embracing drinking Mjød; he seemed to be enjoying it and opening up a little. One drink and then another was sunk as they chatted shop.

Khol tries his best to keep up with Grimnir, with the amount of drinking and exchanging unique experiences. He would look around the room though, for brief moments, and would notice other groups of varying sizes conducting similar activities. Maybe drills and missions aren't the only ways to bond with others.

okul_suntreader12 wrote:
ignoring the barbaric greeting and walking over leaving the helmet on. "my name is juros, i was redeployed to aid your squad from another deathwatch force. i was hoping to find your squad leader so i may report in and to be debriefed on any missions you may be embarking on. though i'm not sure how much help you can offer in your current state."

Khol was about to say something after Grimnir towards the new SM, but seems Mjød has slowed him down. This time though, he will definitely have a chance. "Juros, coming off a bit hard, eh? In the mess hall? Where by the looks of it.... most of us here are in our so called 'state'. Also....", Khol takes a moment to remember what he did prior to the mess hall, "...the debriefing for our current mission happened hours ago, but... maybe if you change your attitude plus respect to the aged and if this information is true of being assigned to KT Draco... I could debrief you of our current situation since I was there." This newcomer, an Imperial Fist, comes off like he has never been in a mess hall before or common courtesy to meet his new squad members. He hopes he was able to cut in before Grimnir, not knowing how easily or retained he can be from anger with such disrespect.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 7:58 am

The wolfs mood soured as the Imperial Fist cast his shadow over the table. Grimnir couldn't help biting "Wet behind the ears eh. We ain't got a squad leader yet pup, they ain't been chosen fer the next operation yet. So if yer can manage to extract that giant adamantium rod from yer arse yer welcome to sit down. Otherwise feck off."
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 4:40 pm

+++Training cages+++

Hydrako stilled the servitor with command and turned to the Chief apothecary and hissed at the aspirants, Step back, vermin. Stay in the shadows, lest I be tempted eat you for trespassing. He stood silently, cold and still until the group shrank back out of the light before regarding Thann once more. He listened to the results and nodded once at the youngest. The boy quailed under his gaze, the tough exterior and savagery he had adopted on the planet having fled him. Unworthy. The hushed tone of the single word was louder than a shot from a demolisher cannon. He looked at the other candidates and nodded at the failure in their midst. There was a scrabble of feet and suddenly the biggest of the group had it in a headlock and wrestled it to the ground, fighting the flailing limbs to stillness. Hydrako turned back to Thann, it has been handled. The rest will sit through the procedure. When we return to Erioch they will return to the Predator Fleet with Tychon's geneseed. He nodded in thanks. I thank you for your assistance. With that he turned and left the cage. Follow. It is time for PT...he uttered as they disappeared into the gloom.

+++The briefing+++

Hydrako circled the group on the periphery as Lucius briefed them on the Mortis. He thought back to the Broodlord he had slain, and other trophies he had collected from the hulk. There would be more, and he knew the Beast would be present once again. He spoke up when Khol asked about it. It would be best to assume that it is still alive. Though we killed it a number of times, its regenerating abilities are an abomination. He nodded at Lucius' pauldron. It is most likely prowling the hulk still, just a head shorter than normal. If it is still alive, total obliteration will be the best course of action. Or capture. If it is captured, then we at least know where it is...

Iron and Metal and insane935 like this post

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 8:57 pm

[At the Brief]

Lucius listened carefully to Khol's questions. It was good to have the Raptor on board again; their kind thought long, long ahead, and that cool, calculated patience was often rewarded kindly.

"As we all know, it's impossible to even begin to guess Caedmon and Kor'Sahn's current conditions. Scant hours for them could have passed in that accursed place. We have to put our hope in our lost Brothers and the Emperor's guidance that they are all right. Standard and long range comms on private Draco channels will be our first SOP when we land. Keep in mind that Kor'sahn is a Salamander and Caedmon a powerful Librarian. Between the two of them, I am betting that they find a way to make contact with us. If anyone has any advice on this matter, please be forthcoming."

Lucius pulled out Caedmon's Mk. VII battle-helm and stared at it for a moment before placing it on the table in front of him. "I made an oath of moment; one way or another, I will return this to Caedmon."

Lucius then looked at the Beast on his shoulder. "I fought Hive Fleet Behemoth on Macragge; I've taken the souls of countless genestealers and their Broodlords, including the son-of-a-whore who made me so pretty," he says indicating the two scars that ran from forehead to chin over each of his golden eyes. "I've ridden a Harridan to its death after my Brother Hydrako delivered the death blow, and I have never encountered anything like this bastard here. All of my experience and logic tells me that we ended it. But my instinct tells me to not be surprised if it has somehow regenerated without its heart and head, both of which we took. Stay frosty and expect it, and everything else, to come at us with everything they've got. If anyone wants personal debriefing on anti-Tyranid tactics, find me when this is done. I've learned a thing or two."

He casts a glance at Hydrako, skulking in the shadows. The shark hungered. Lucius could feel it. After Hydrako spoke, Lucius smiled and added: "If we do capture it, Hydrako has volunteered to carry it. In any case, Khol, total obliteration is the phrase of the day."

"As for Draco, skin-of-our-teeth tends to be plan A; however, on this I believe Brother Sapiens can lend some help. We may have a Corvus Blackstar at our disposal. If we can find a suitable spot for infiltration, exfil via the bird would be a strong plan A. Sapiens?"

Last edited by Iron and Metal on Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

insane935 likes this post

Back to top Go down
okul_suntreader12

okul_suntreader12

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2022 9:58 am

Carnelian wrote:
The wolfs mood soured as the Imperial Fist cast his shadow over the table. Grimnir couldn't help biting "Wet behind the ears eh. We ain't got a squad leader yet pup, they ain't been chosen fer the next operation yet. So if yer can manage to extract that giant adamantium rod from yer arse yer welcome to sit down. Otherwise feck off."

looking sternly at the space wolf "for your information i have no rod up my ass, my armor is sealed and functioning properly, and i have more trust in this relic than that drink you wolves prize, and". peering over to the next marine "so far you haven't shown much to be respected towards if you waste time dulling yourself instead of sharpening skills and going over procedures of battle. we are the emperor's finest to defend the imperium we should conduct as such." turning away "i shall leave you to your work" and starts to leave

Iron and Metal likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2022 9:14 pm

[Mess Hall]
Tomasu unceremoniously joins the gathering and sets a small cask on the table. He cracks the seal and pours a draft for Grimnir.

"Ive heard much of Fenrisian ale. This, is Chogaran Bloodwine."

It was a deep red color with a strong coppery smell.

[Briefing]

"We have a good balance, but lack a dedicated apothecary and librarian. Hopefully with these numbers here we can bypass those limitations. I cant even remember the last time I saw this many battle brothers on Erioch in recent years."
Flavius shifted fowards, not sure how to present his next question.

"Do we have a secondary rescue mission?"

Last edited by Sylphilis on Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 11:49 am

[At the Briefing]

A balanced strike force without an Apothecary and Librarian. The lack of a Librarian might be a personal choice given the makeup of the team, but the lack of an apothecary was troubling. Lucius was glad for Seraphan.

"As I said, it is an oath that I am honor bound to. I am sure many others in Draco feel the same, though I will not speak for them. In that, I do not expect Assura to shift its focus in this regard, though any assistance should it become necessary would be appreciated. If Brothers Kor'sahn and Caedmon live, we will be extracting them."

Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 18, 2022 5:09 pm

[Test, Chorus Alpha-V]

Sapien's equerries had spent several days setup up the holo-network in a moderately sized hold. They'd also prepared the test-weapons; typical (and some exotic) astertes weapons prepared to feel, recoil and be halted by the holo-projections, without any of the incipient mess of real weapons.

It was no sensorium, but it would be sufficient for an initial test. The Chorus Excisio could never be perfectly reproduced-these others lacked the training and implants to do so-but with signums and some of his own abilities, they might come close.

He'd sent invitations to the kill-team to join him here for an equipment test. Most had responded in affirmative, Lucius in particular. He was clearly the most experienced in command; and considering the many recent additions to the team, he must have also recognised the need for team bonding-to "prime the pump" of brotherhood as it where.

Once all the others of kill-team draco entered-including a couple of new faces-sapiens stood before them.

Hello brothers. I have spent much of my decades in the deathwatch optimizing team tactics. I have prepared here today a test, both for us as a group and for some novel tactics I am seeking to optimize.

Sapiens directed the assembly to a nearby table.

Here you will find modified signums, as well as simulacra weapons, capable of interacting with the holoprojections I've prepared for our test. These are not toys-though the bolters fire no bolts, they will still recoil with every shot, loose weight with ever shell ejected. Fixed-grav points in each melee weapon provide resistance on contact. This is, of course, of lesser risk than real combat. Nonetheless, the projections can cause permanent blindness should your head cross them, so treat their bodies as real. And idealy avoid damaging the projectors; they arent likely to ever be in your line of actions, but nonetheless they are rare and tedious to repair. Any questions?
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2022 3:25 pm

Hydrako's voice echoed around the chamber. Yesssss, honour demands we recover these battle brothers.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2022 7:14 pm

[Briefing]

Lucius returned to what Flavius had said after Hydrako had spoken.

"While I do not doubt Assura's skill in the slightest, the lack of a dedicated Apothecary from a tactical standpoint is troubling. As you said, there are more Deathwatch gathered here for a single op than many of us have seen... well likely ever. Could the Watch Captain provide an Apothecary for this mission? Gene-seed retrieval alone would make it a necessity."

While Lucius was concerned for gene-seed recovery should a brother fall, the odds of success would increase exponentially if Assura had a healer. He hoped they could remedy this.

+++++++

[Mess Hall]

Lucius and Hydrako enter the mess hall. It was comparatively quiet to many of the Imperial Guard mess halls he had visited in his many years of service. They were abundant on Macragge, and Lucius often found himself in the midst of the men and women of the Astra Militarum if for nothing else than to boost their morale.

Here, surrounded by Astartes, there was more of an air of quiet-reflection and conversation. All of course except for the Space Wolf, Raptor, White Scar, kegs of spirits that would kill a mere mortal and...

...an Iron Fist?

Lucius cast a look at Hydrako, shrugged, and made his way to the familiar faces.

"Grimnir, Khol, Tomasu, well met. Heard you animals were doin' some drinking. Thought we might show you how it is done, if you're up for it." He gave a smile and gestured toward one of the kegs before realizing he was unintentionally being rude.

He turned to face the newcomer Imperial Fist. Lucius was not clad in his power armor or his body glove. He wore the tunic and pants of his homeland, what flesh that could be seen was covered in a series of intricate tattoos - the newest still bleeding on the side of his head. Any Astartes with half a brain could tell that the runes on the newest tattoo had changed from the Honorum cant to something very different... something that looked an awful lot like the runes that covered Hydrako.

Both of Lucius' arms were master crafted bionics. He extended one toward the Imperial Fist. He wore a wide smile, typical of his gregarious nature.

"Sgt. Lucius Vorenus of the Novmarines, seconded to Kill Team Draco. Well met."

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2022 10:46 pm

[Briefing]

From the back of the room, in a darkened corner, a figure provides his own input.

"Honor binds you to your word, Novamarine; but you shall not be in the task alone. More astartes are aboard this one ship then I have seen at one time since leaving my Chapter at the outset of the crusade."

Watch Captain Brand steps from the shadows and into the conversation. He wears an approving grin.
"I left my commission so that I could be here. Watch Captain Brand no longer, Just Brother Brand."

[Mess Hall]

Tomasu pours Lucius a draft of Bloodwine from his cask. "I'm running low. But, its best shared with naiz instead of alone. I'd rather it be gone this way."
Back to top Go down
okul_suntreader12

okul_suntreader12

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2022 10:46 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
[Briefing]

Lucius returned to what Flavius had said after Hydrako had spoken.

"While I do not doubt Assura's skill in the slightest, the lack of a dedicated Apothecary from a tactical standpoint is troubling. As you said, there are more Deathwatch gathered here for a single op than many of us have seen... well likely ever. Could the Watch Captain provide an Apothecary for this mission? Gene-seed retrieval alone would make it a necessity."

While Lucius was concerned for gene-seed recovery should a brother fall, the odds of success would increase exponentially if Assura had a healer. He hoped they could remedy this.

+++++++

[Mess Hall]

Lucius and Hydrako enter the mess hall. It was comparatively quiet to many of the Imperial Guard mess halls he had visited in his many years of service. They were abundant on Macragge, and Lucius often found himself in the midst of the men and women of the Astra Militarum if for nothing else than to boost their morale.

Here, surrounded by Astartes, there was more of an air of quiet-reflection and conversation. All of course except for the Space Wolf, Raptor, White Scar, kegs of spirits that would kill a mere mortal and...

...an Iron Fist?

Lucius cast a look at Hydrako, shrugged, and made his way to the familiar faces.

"Grimnir, Khol, Tomasu, well met. Heard you animals were doin' some drinking. Thought we might show you how it is done, if you're up for it." He gave a smile and gestured toward one of the kegs before realizing he was unintentionally being rude.

He turned to face the newcomer Imperial Fist. Lucius was not clad in his power armor or his body glove. He wore the tunic and pants of his homeland, what flesh that could be seen was covered in a series of intricate tattoos - the newest still bleeding on the side of his head. Any Astartes with half a brain could tell that the runes on the newest tattoo had changed from the Honorum cant to something very different... something that looked an awful lot like the runes that covered Hydrako.

Both of Lucius' arms were master crafted bionics. He extended one toward the Imperial Fist. He wore a wide smile, typical of his gregarious nature.

a little more reserved from the last encounter with the other marines at this point but extended out his armored hand. "Juros of the imperial fists" and clasp his hand around the other marines forearm. "I specialize in heavy weapons, building and dismantling fortifications, and been fighting traitors more often than xenos i was sent to support your team". his helmet hiding his distaste and expressions of the marines indulging themselves.
Back to top Go down
insane935
Senpai
insane935

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2022 10:26 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
[At the Brief]

Lucius listened carefully to Khol's questions. It was good to have the Raptor on board again; their kind thought long, long ahead, and that cool, calculated patience was often rewarded kindly.

"As we all know, it's impossible to even begin to guess Caedmon and Kor'Sahn's current conditions. Scant hours for them could have passed in that accursed place. We have to put our hope in our lost Brothers and the Emperor's guidance that they are all right. Standard and long range comms on private Draco channels will be our first SOP when we land. Keep in mind that Kor'sahn is a Salamander and Caedmon a powerful Librarian. Between the two of them, I am betting that they find a way to make contact with us. If anyone has any advice on this matter, please be forthcoming."

Lucius pulled out Caedmon's Mk. VII battle-helm and stared at it for a moment before placing it on the table in front of him. "I made an oath of moment; one way or another, I will return this to Caedmon."

Lucius then looked at the Beast on his shoulder. "I fought Hive Fleet Behemoth on Macragge; I've taken the souls of countless genestealers and their Broodlords, including the son-of-a-whore who made me so pretty," he says indicating the two scars that ran from forehead to chin over each of his golden eyes. "I've ridden a Harridan to its death after my Brother Hydrako delivered the death blow, and I have never encountered anything like this bastard here. All of my experience and logic tells me that we ended it. But my instinct tells me to not be surprised if it has somehow regenerated without its heart and head, both of which we took. Stay frosty and expect it, and everything else, to come at us with everything they've got. If anyone wants personal debriefing on anti-Tyranid tactics, find me when this is done. I've learned a thing or two."

He casts a glance at Hydrako, skulking in the shadows. The shark hungered. Lucius could feel it. After Hydrako spoke, Lucius smiled and added: "If we do capture it, Hydrako has volunteered to carry it. In any case, Khol, total obliteration is the phrase of the day."

"As for Draco, skin-of-our-teeth tends to be plan A; however, on this I believe Brother Sapiens can lend some help. We may have a Corvus Blackstar at our disposal. If we can find a suitable spot for infiltration, exfil via the bird would be a strong plan A. Sapiens?"

Hydrako wrote:
+++The briefing+++

Hydrako circled the group on the periphery as Lucius briefed them on the Mortis. He thought back to the Broodlord he had slain, and other trophies he had collected from the hulk. There would be more, and he knew the Beast would be present once again. He spoke up when Khol asked about it. It would be best to assume that it is still alive. Though we killed it a number of times, its regenerating abilities are an abomination. He nodded at Lucius' pauldron. It is most likely prowling the hulk still, just a head shorter than normal. If it is still alive, total obliteration will be the best course of action. Or capture. If it is captured, then we at least know where it is...

"Appreciate the info, chaps.", Khol states as he makes internal notes from Lucius' and Hydrako's briefing. This mission will be the most challenging as of yet for Khol. Even the thought for Lucius and Hydrako to do it twice would be astounding, based on survival statistics. Based on this info, Khol will heavily consider picking-up some wargear that'll be outside of his favoritism of bolt casings. "I wouldn't mind additional briefing on anti-Tyranid tactics but I've promised a cold wet with brother Grimnir at the end of the day chap. Would it be possible if we set this up tomorrow?", Khol has a legitimate interest onto knowing more of his enemies but he is a lad that frowns upon broken promises.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

okul_suntreader12 wrote:
Carnelian wrote:

looking sternly at the space wolf "for your information i have no rod up my ass, my armor is sealed and functioning properly, and i have more trust in this relic than that drink you wolves prize, and". peering over to the next marine "so far you haven't shown much to be respected towards if you waste time dulling yourself instead of sharpening skills and going over procedures of battle. we are the emperor's finest to defend the imperium we should conduct as such." turning away "i shall leave you to your work" and starts to leave

Khol didn't have much to say, or at least anything cordial. He finished the horn in his hand that was interrupted by Juros, the Imperial Fist. As he thought to himself, he remembered also having a rod in his arse when first meeting KT Draco with different reasons... but regrets the fact it ever happened. As he watched this yellow stiff wall with multitudes of steel rods holding itself together walk away, he hoped Juros would randomly tip over on his way out.

okul_suntreader12 wrote:
Iron and Metal wrote:
[Mess Hall]

...an Iron Fist?

a little more reserved from the last encounter with the other marines at this point but extended out his armored hand. "Juros of the imperial fists" and clasp his hand around the other marines forearm. "I specialize in heavy weapons, building and dismantling fortifications, and been fighting traitors more often than xenos i was sent to support your team".  his helmet hiding his distaste and expressions of the marines indulging themselves.

"You as well chap. We have been making progress on becoming wankered and as of now... you're behind a whole keg.", Khol replies to Lucius' comment. "Also, be careful of that C.R.O.W.(Combat Recruit Of War), he be threaders. Could be a bone, don't want you to waste your time chap...", Khol trying to be subtle with his talk.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2022 3:26 pm

[Mess Hall]

Sylphilis wrote:

Tomasu unceremoniously joins the gathering and sets a small cask on the table. He cracks the seal and pours a draft for Grimnir.

"Ive heard much of Fenrisian ale. This, is Chogaran Bloodwine."

It was a deep red color with a strong coppery smell.

A bit drunk, his natural grumpiness put to one side for a short while, Grimnir gives the contents of the cup a sniff before downing it. He gives Tomasu a friendly nod. "Mjød inhibits yer natural resistance te poisons fer a while." He looks expectantly at the White Scar "I hope yer bloodwine 'as similar properties."

Grimnrs gives Lucius a wicked grin at the mention of 'filthy animals' and a friendly nod. Out of turn for the wolf but his cheeks were flushed a little red. A mischievous grin then passes briefly over his face as stands and eye's Juros, Grimnir sways a little... "Yer know what Imperial Fist, before battle me brothers gather in te great hall, get drunk, sing songs and tell tales of glories of the passed and those to be had. Its what we do, tradition. You ne doubt ave some to" the bloodwine was starting to take effect, so he chase it down with what he had left in his horn "Honour me and Draco n ave a fecking drink"

Last edited by Carnelian on Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2022 3:33 pm

[Test, Chorus Alpha-V]

Wendigo Bob wrote:

Sapien's equerries had spent several days setup up the holo-network in a moderately sized hold. They'd also prepared the test-weapons; typical (and some exotic) astertes weapons prepared to feel, recoil and be halted by the holo-projections, without any of the incipient mess of real weapons.

It was no sensorium, but it would be sufficient for an initial test. The Chorus Excisio could never be perfectly reproduced-these others lacked the training and implants to do so-but with signums and some of his own abilities, they might come close.

He'd sent invitations to the kill-team to join him here for an equipment test. Most had responded in affirmative, Lucius in particular. He was clearly the most experienced in command; and considering the many recent additions to the team, he must have also recognised the need for team bonding-to "prime the pump" of brotherhood as it where.

Once all the others of kill-team draco entered-including a couple of new faces-sapiens stood before them.

Hello brothers. I have spent much of my decades in the deathwatch optimizing team tactics. I have prepared here today a test, both for us as a group and for some novel tactics I am seeking to optimize.

Here you will find modified signums, as well as simulacra weapons, capable of interacting with the holoprojections I've prepared for our test. These are not toys-though the bolters fire no bolts, they will still recoil with every shot, loose weight with ever shell ejected. Fixed-grav points in each melee weapon provide resistance on contact. This is, of course, of lesser risk than real combat. Nonetheless, the projections can cause permanent blindness should your head cross them, so treat their bodies as real. And idealy avoid damaging the projectors; they arent likely to ever be in your line of actions, but nonetheless  they are rare and tedious to repair. Any questions?

Grimnir arrived at the appointed time, intrigued at Sapiens summons. He wore his MK8 power armour, he had been a few years without it so he was keen to become acclimatised as quickly as possible. With an astartes conditioning it would not take long despite the time in the field. His Fenris Pattern Wolf Helm clipped to his belt.

"I'm happy to help with yer testin'" he says to Sapiens "...but I won't be carrin' one of these signums in the field, I work better on my own, supporting the pack."
Back to top Go down
DreadnoughtDad

DreadnoughtDad

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 24, 2022 2:53 am

Wendigo Bob wrote:
[Test, Chorus Alpha-V]

Here you will find modified signums, as well as simulacra weapons, capable of interacting with the holoprojections I've prepared for our test. These are not toys-though the bolters fire no bolts, they will still recoil with every shot, loose weight with ever shell ejected. Fixed-grav points in each melee weapon provide resistance on contact. This is, of course, of lesser risk than real combat. Nonetheless, the projections can cause permanent blindness should your head cross them, so treat their bodies as real. And idealy avoid damaging the projectors; they arent likely to ever be in your line of actions, but nonetheless  they are rare and tedious to repair. Any questions?

A noticed showed up on the H.U.D. to report to the hold for equipment testing. Ashmon sent a affirmative and quickened his pace, it was close by. We must be getting close to the target for there to be training. He always enjoyed testing his skills.

A tech-marine was leading the drill on team tactics.

What size squad will we be breaking up into for the exercise? Two, three or 5 man squads? I understand the projections are not real, do we have ways to register hits on the squad and the damage they take? Or is this accuracy and precision test on the targets?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2022 3:40 pm

[Briefing]

Lucius turned to see the newcomer and was pleased that it was a familiar face. He held out an arm to embrace the warrior, his eyes widening only slightly at the news of the self-imposed demotion.

"We could all learn a thing from your dedication and honor, Brother Brand. I thank you for your support, and I will not see this opportunity wasted."

The Storm Warden was an incredible warrior from what Lucius had read on his file, and his assistance would be welcome indeed. To Khol he nods, "That's a fantastic idea. I am more than willing to go over the tactics I've used to great effect in killin Tyranid bioforms. I've specialized in anti-leader kills, think anti-armor with ordnance; horde destruction; and horde avoidance & defense. Tomorrow, from 0600 on, I will be in the cages with anyone willing. If there are no more questions, I thank you for being here and will see you tomorrow."

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2022 3:47 pm

[Mess Hall]

Lucius raised the glass, took a sniff, and took a large drink. He smiled as it warmed his throat. It was likely to kill a mere base-human. He listened to Juros and then nodded.

Another brand new Astartes without any experience with Draco sent for support. He stifled a sigh; with Juros here that must mean that Cassiel had been reassigned. Lucius would be lying if he said that a slight pain didn't sting at his hearts for just a moment. As much of an absolute prick as he could be, Cassiel of the Dark Angels was a damn good fighter.

And a surprisingly good leader.

Lucius listened to Khol and then looked back to Juros. "If you've been sent to support Draco then we are glad to have you. Your Chapter's honor and legacy is without question."

He snuck a sly grin toward Grimnir. He figured if anyone would take the bait in this situation, it would be the wolf. He finished his cup and sat it down.

Once the cup was full he handed it to Juros. "Would you honor Draco and have a drink?"

Back to top Go down
okul_suntreader12

okul_suntreader12

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2022 9:59 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
[Mess Hall]

Lucius raised the glass, took a sniff, and took a large drink. He smiled as it warmed his throat. It was likely to kill a mere base-human. He listened to Juros and then nodded.

Another brand new Astartes without any experience with Draco sent for support. He stifled a sigh; with Juros here that must mean that Cassiel had been reassigned. Lucius would be lying if he said that a slight pain didn't sting at his hearts for just a moment. As much of an absolute prick as he could be, Cassiel of the Dark Angels was a damn good fighter.

And a surprisingly good leader.

Lucius listened to Khol and then looked back to Juros. "If you've been sent to support Draco then we are glad to have you. Your Chapter's honor and legacy is without question."

He snuck a sly grin toward Grimnir. He figured if anyone would take the bait in this situation, it would be the wolf. He finished his cup and sat it down.

Once the cup was full he handed it to Juros. "Would you honor Draco and have a drink?"

being ganged up now about this heretical behavior of indulgence and letting out a sigh about how they are going about this. "we do have such traditions but it is The Feast of Blades where we test our skills in battle in friendly manner for as you know it produced the best fighter of them all .......sigismund" tilting his beaky helmet side to side "but i give this honor to the squad" raising the the cup for all to see then placing it on the table untouched "this drink is for you and may our mission be a success" giving it another second before speaking "now what our we going up against or what is the location or should i leave till you all sober" looking at the 4 marines knowing a few that could be hostile his words
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2022 7:43 am

[Mess Hall]

Lucius allowed a laugh. "You'll be the fun one in the squad then. It's fitting, if in fact you are replacing Brother Cassiel. Tit for tat. Alas, no harm and no foul for keeping your priorities straight before the mission, and a Novamarine can respect a toast made metaphorically. As to what we are going up against, you've just missed a hell of a debrief from our previous foray into the Mortis Thule. I believe there is a pict-recording and the data-slate records are available as well - Draco and Assura eyes only."

The Novamarine finally took a seat.

"Get caught up to speed with those.**

Lucius accepted a second drink if offered, then continued. "Long story short, be prepared to kill anything and everything you've been briefed on. We expect Synapse-Level Tyranid bioforms, Hordes of Orks, mutants, very likely an Eldar presence, and almost assuredly an Arch-Traitor presence. If you think you have enough, bring more. Everyone on Draco will be hauling as much ammo and ordnance as possible. Do the same."

Finally he added, "Tomorrow at zero-six I will be giving a full rundown of Anti-Tyranid tactics in the training cages. It would be good to see you there - meet the rest of us Draconians.

++++
**OOC: Okul, if you really want a full catch up of what went down, you can find the group's mission into the Mortis Thule here. We don't actually reach the Thule until page 4. Be warned, it is a long read, but if you're into reading WH40k fanfiction, it's fucking solid. Highly recommend because we all rule.

Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2022 5:50 pm

[Mess Hall]

"Replacing Brother Cassiel? Cassiel demands coolly, standing up from a corner table. Like Lucius he is wearing only simple robes; no second skin or power armor. Cassiel had been even more withdrawn than usual since the destruction on the planet below. While the Novamarine mourned the loss of so many innocent lives, what had bothered Cassiel the most was the escape of the traitors who had been almost in his grasp. All of the new faces, both planetside and below had strained the introverted Dark Angel and he had retreated deep into his own counsel as he wrestled with thoughts he was unwilling to share. The fight had been like that of the Lion and the Wolf so many years ago, and in this moment, the unending battle finally ended. ""I think not, Lucius. I have been quietly watching from the shadows, and there is some ill will between some members of the team. I'm afraid that I, of all people, am needed to help keep the peace. The Emperor Preserve us!" Cassiel did not make friends easily; nor did he trust easily; but at the end of the day the mission came first. In his conflicted mind he had come to the conclusion that he would have to emulate Lucius and Cassiel would have to put on his most gregarious manner to help Draco (and the supporting team) gel. A Dark Angel understood the pride that an Imperial Fist like Juros felt; a Dark Angel understood the need to redeem the betrayal from within one's own geneseed that Iovanus the Luna Wolf felt - and he even understood the competitive spirit that Assura felt with Draco - everyone had something to prove for the Honor of their Chapter and for their Primarch Forebear. Playing peace keeper didn't come to Cassiel naturally, but he had been with Draco long enough to know that building camaraderie was necessary - plasteel and ceramite could build a fortress, but only with the proper bonding agent. Mowing down a horde of tyrannids would be easier, but you fought the battles you needed to fight, and you used the weapons you needed to wield.

Moving toward Lucius to grasp his hand and give a brotherly hug Cassiel smiled as wide and friendly as he could - it wasn't entirely horrifying - and added "If would sooner die than miss a chance to return to the Mortis Thule - we both have unfinished business there." Leaving Caedmon and Kor'sahn had been hurtful - Cassiel couldn't say he LIKED them - but they had bled in service to the emperor together and they deserved to return home alive or dead. With the Emperor's blessing, it would be the former.
Back to top Go down
okul_suntreader12

okul_suntreader12

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 12:55 pm

"thank you sgt lucius i will give it a glance and will make sure to be there for anti xeno training, however i hope everyone will be sober by then would hate to see an accident happen."

giving a nod and leaving the mess hall to find the barracks to rest up and start checking gear for maintenance. wanting no issues before heading into a space hulk or fear of void combat.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 10:25 pm

[Armory]

Lucius showed as requested. The watch captains had been extremely busy with preparations and left the brother astartes to thier own devices. Therefore, it was a surprise when Lucius recieved a summons by Avincus.

Whereas the ship was a hive of activity, the armory was currently solem and quiet., Hooded serfs shuffled around as they fulfilled requisitions for the upcoming foray.
"I am glad you came." Avincus says as he rounds a corner of a shelf filled with locked tomes.
"Follow me. I have something I wish you to take aboard the thule."
He leads the way and the sounds of artifice and repair come and go again as you pass the workstations of Makradon, Erradius, and Sapiens. Each of them was preparing in their own way.
Only once the lights mellow out to highlight items of various designs on plinths of stone does Avincis stop.

On the plinth before you was a broken weapon. A broken power sword with only the proximal 1/3rd of the blade remaining.
"This is the Shard of Bekrin. Dont touch it, though its broken and its cell is damaged, it still retains a power field. Amazing isnt it?" he asks, walking an orbit around the plinth.

"A blood angel by the name of Tavross was felled slaying a hive tyrant. All we were able to recover was this sword. The Clergy of Bekrin sanctified it before the world was taken by Dagon. I had hoped this would be a symbol to the world of castobel. But upon the Thule you will use it to bring a light to the darkness of the blighted vessel."

He reverently takes the weapon, avoiding the power field and hands the broken blade to Lucius.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2022 5:12 pm

[Mess Hall]

deaddmwalking wrote:

Moving toward Lucius to grasp his hand and give a brotherly hug Cassiel smiled as wide and friendly as he could - it wasn't entirely horrifying - and added "If would sooner die than miss a chance to return to the Mortis Thule - we both have unfinished business there."  Leaving Caedmon and Kor'sahn had been hurtful - Cassiel couldn't say he LIKED them - but they had bled in service to the emperor together and they deserved to return home alive or dead.  With the Emperor's blessing, it would be the former.  

Lucius couldn't help but let out a "you son of a bitch" laugh. He embraced the Dark Angel and smacked his fist against his chest. "When we were assigned a new brother devastator I was sure that you had been reassigned. I should have known better. Aye, unfinished business. At least now we can put it to rest, or finally get the whole dying-for-the-Emperor thing out of the way." He tapped the two brass studs above his left eyebrow, his decades of service. "We will get them home. Training tomorrow at zero-six. Should be a load of fun."

Truly, Lucius was happy that the Dark Angel would be joining them into the breach, once more.

okul_suntreader12 wrote:
"thank you sgt lucius i will give it a glance and will make sure to be there for anti xeno training, however i hope everyone will be sober by then would hate to see an accident happen."

giving a nod and leaving the mess hall to find the barracks to rest up and start checking gear for maintenance. wanting no issues before heading into a space hulk or fear of void combat.

Lucius gave a quizzical look as Juros left. "He must have mistaken us for common Astra Militarum. Cassiel, I'll be leading our next foray, but I am entrusting you with showing Juros the ropes. I feel like he may need a vet like you to guide him in how Draco operates."

With that, he gave another cheers to the group, drank with old friends, and talked about the upcoming mission until it was time to call it and prepare.

+++++++

[The Armory]

Lucius saluted the Watch Captain with a single fist to his chest, above his hearts. It was the old way, and it was how the Novamarines continued to salute. He followed closely behind Avincus, curious as to what this new mission objective might be. While he didn't dally, Lucius took a moment to stop and give a greeting to Makradon and Erradius. He didn't know Erradius as well, but he and Mak had fought together since the very beginning of Draco's formation. He realized that he would very much like to catch up with the Guardian of the Covenant tech-marine, but didn't have the time. Briefly he considered that this might be the last time he ever saw Makradon, so he simply told him that should he fall, he expected Makradon to scour the depths of the Thule to retrieve his bionic arms. It was as close to a joke as Makradon would understand, but it was worth the detour.

He continued on.

The sword was in amazing shape despite its broken blade. He had heard of it but only because of hypno-indoctrination and work he had put into the Libris.

"It is a relic worthy of the Deathwatch, Captain. Tavross conducted himself with courage and honor; woe to the Tyranid who take me from this mortal coil, for it shall be sent to the depths of hell for its effort." Briefly, he saluted the memory of Tavross, reciting the Blood Angel's Chapter and given name in his head. Slaying a Hive Tyrant was no easy feat. Tavross died a hero.

A pang of guilt ran through Lucius at the mention of Castobel. He didn't know if Avincus saw it, but he hoped to the Primarch and the Emperor that he had made the right choice. A planet or multiple systems. It was a choiceless choice.

"You honor me, Watch Captain. Woe be to any enemy that stands in my way, for they will be cut down." He held the sword reverently. Then, as an afterthought asked, "How do I sheathe it?"

Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2022 5:59 pm

[Mess Hall]
Jerking a thumb at the retreating Imperial Fist, Cassiel observes, "He reminds me of newly inducted scouts preparing for their first drop pod insertion - focusing all the things that can go wrong - and not the things that are in your power to control. Sometimes you have to relax and surrender to the fall."

Continuing, I hear he's good. Not as good as me, but close. And with two of us providing ranged support it's at least possible that we'll eliminate some of the enemy forces before you close to melee.

Turning to the rest of the members of the team that are still there, Cassiel issues a challenge, I know you have a head-start on me, but let me catch up and let's see which of us can keep standing the longest. Strong ale and blood wine reduce inhibitions - perhaps we will know each other better for the challenge - we won't have much time to learn about each other before we're thrown into the crucible." Cassiel's face takes on a pained expression as he thinks about the dangers on the Mortis Thule and the surprised face of one of the human leaders that Cassiel shot for not acquiescing quickly enough to the instructions he was given - death took many forms on the Mortis Thule, and one of them was in the form of the Emperor's Angels.
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2022 7:56 pm

Hydrako lurked around the fringe of the group as the newcomer came and left. Lucius did the talking and became the center of attention once again. Hydrako nodded once to Cassiel as he made his appearance and then drifted towards the barrel of offensive smelling liquid Grimnir was drinking. He took a cup from the table and dipped it into the frothy liquid. In order to drink the brew, he had to drink it fast, so with an opening of his throat and extension of his reinforced jaw, he downed the foamy liquid in one gulp.
His face was impassive as he contemplated the ingredients and brewing process. This tastes like it is distilled from secretions from your mucranoid, strained through animal fur, and flavoured with your spittle. Or is that just backwash from your cup? He looked at the Space Wolf. This will be the first and last time I drink this swill. But, I can now say I have tried it and my constitution will be stronger for it. He dips the cup once more and eyes the rest of the squad, laying the challenge without saying anything.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2022 11:17 am

Lucius takes up the challenge. "May the strongest survive."

By Round 5 he felt his reinforced physiology fighting hard to keep him going. By the sixth, it was over. He took a seat, accepted defeat and watched as the rest faced off.

Astartes did not get hung over; their bodies simply healed the poisons found within. As his body went to work, he sat in amazement at the Marine left standing.

"I should've known, Shark," he slurred slightly with a smile. He patted Grimnir on the arm for a good brew and decided to take a power nap. Training in the AM after all.

Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2022 11:41 am

After the first round Cassiel felt extremely confident, but after switching from bloodwine back to Fenrisian Ale the two wildly different textures and tastes started to make him feel...uncomfortable. With progressively less zeal he raised his glass before downing another of the powerful drinks. After the fourth he regretted suggesting it. After the 5th he joined Grimmr in sleeping it off. "Don't wake me ... for anything less ... than the traitor legions" he slurred before slumping over.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2022 3:36 pm

Hydrako wrote:
Hydrako lurked around the fringe of the group as the newcomer came and left. Lucius did the talking and became the center of attention once again. Hydrako nodded once to Cassiel as he made his appearance and then drifted towards the barrel of offensive smelling liquid Grimnir was drinking. He took a cup from the table and dipped it into the frothy liquid. In order to drink the brew, he had to drink it fast, so with an opening of his throat and extension of his reinforced jaw, he downed the foamy liquid in one gulp.
His face was impassive as he contemplated the ingredients and brewing process. This tastes like it is distilled from secretions from your mucranoid, strained through animal fur, and flavoured with your spittle. Or is that just backwash from your cup? He looked at the Space Wolf. This will be the first and last time I drink this swill. But, I can now say I have tried it and my constitution will be stronger for it. He dips the cup once more and eyes the rest of the squad, laying the challenge without saying anything.  

Grimnir roared with laughter at the Sharks insight on the ale "Aye lad and ma steaming pissh to finish it off." He swayed as he got another drink, half of it sloshing out as it made its way to his mouth. He slumped back on to the bench. Him and Khol had started a lot earlier than the rest of the light weights and the old wolf was feeling spent. He yawned, his long canines prominent. Forty winks to sleep it off he thought... he be right as the frosty spring Fenris dawn in a few hours.
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2022 7:38 pm

Hydrako tips his second cup casually to Lucius as he takes up the challenge, before looking back to Grimnir, that is where the colour comes from, I imagine. He downs his second cup and the others follow. Kohl is the first to fall, and this spurs Hydrako to pick up the pace. When Lucius slumps down and leaves his cup on the table, Hydrako quickly changes to the bloodwine. It was another poison he had yet to try, but the name made him curious. He tips the crimson liquid down slowly to test the flavour before regarding the White Scar, This is not much better, but I can appreciate the name. A visible shock seems to go through Hydrako's body and he begins to move in hurried frantic motions. The next four cups of bloodwine disappear in a frenzy of gulps and messy pours. Wine runs down his cheeks and into his gorget, coating his face and neck in the dark liquid. As he's about to fill his tenth round, he notices that everyone around him is inebriated and no longer in the fight. Slowly, to signal the end of the session, Hydrako tips his empty cup upside down and places it on a table nearby. To the strongest, he whispers and drifts out of the mess hall to wherever it is the Carcharodon goes when he's alone.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2022 9:34 pm

Klaxons sound as the ships moves into a frenzy. Armored window panes seal over the viewing ports.

After 3 hours of preparations, Captain Tomoi's voice can be heard over the shipboard loudspeakers.
"Crew. This is the captain. Were are entering the warp. The navigator tells me the trip will take 4 days standard Terran cycle so long as we occur no anomalies and the tyranid shadow has not worsened. Do not give into the despair of warp travel. I will have no insubordination on my ship. You know this. Make our passengers proud once again. To your stations!"

The voice clicks off and the gellar fields activated.

The ship enters the warp and the Engines of Hate burn to life once again......

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC   Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 6.1 - Engines of Hate - IC
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4