A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

World Building Exercise

Go down 
5 posters

Which worlds setting interests you most?
Ancient
World Building Exercise Vote_lcap14%World Building Exercise Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Medieval
World Building Exercise Vote_lcap0%World Building Exercise Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Victorian/Renaissance
World Building Exercise Vote_lcap14%World Building Exercise Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Modern
 0% [ 0 ]
Early Space Travel
 0% [ 0 ]
Space Opera
World Building Exercise Vote_lcap29%World Building Exercise Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Other (Specify)
World Building Exercise Vote_lcap43%World Building Exercise Vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

World Building Exercise Empty
PostSubject: World Building Exercise   World Building Exercise EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 12:55 pm

Following the recent conversation on LINE, I've decided I want to spend some time homebrewing a new setting to run at a later date, either in Savage Worlds, D&D/Pathfinder, or similar. I've got a lot of different ideas and I want to see where the site stands on when/where I should cement our new setting. On top of that, if you've got any input or other constraints that would turn you away from playing in a setting, let me know so I can work around them.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: World Building Exercise   World Building Exercise EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 2:54 pm

I'm fond of the general "other"category. Weird fusions like shadowrun, 40k, starfinder, and I would probably have a lot of fun with Rifts.

I love worldbuilding myself though, so I also quite like stuff the showcases the interests and creativity of the creator. (not terribly useful, I know)
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: World Building Exercise   World Building Exercise EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 4:52 am

I have voted 'other'. Like Wendigo I like games that blur the genre for a bit of a mix of future and traditional fantasy.

I also like the idea of 'Victorian/Renaissance' but in a future/fantasy setting.

Can you clarify what you mean by ancient? Stone age man type thing with 'dinosaurs' could be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: World Building Exercise   World Building Exercise EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 8:22 am

I was not part of the original conversion but I do loves polls and I do love custom stuff created by fans. Smile

Anyway, I voted ancient with an eye towards a Greco-Roman setting. But not limited to those two and also open to stuff from other cultures from mentioned era like Celts, Etruscans, Persians, Egyptians, Thracians etc.
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: World Building Exercise   World Building Exercise EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 9:48 am

'Ancient' was sort of a catch all for anything pre-A.D. I'll keep greco-roman on my mind.

Wendigo, did you hear they made a Savage Worlds converter for Rifts? Now we can play all the greatness of rifts without wanting to kill yourself from the rules.

And Carn, have you heard of space 1889? The general idea is that the luminiferous aether hypothesis proved true, and they could make ships based around a fictitional Edison Aetherpropeller. After travelling to Mars, they found a wood that was lighter than air, which further improved their spacefaring ability.

That being said, and Aetherpunk world setting would be really cool. It's definitely on the list.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: World Building Exercise   World Building Exercise EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 9:54 am

I voted for "Other" as well since it gives the most options. The first TT game I ever experienced was called Vor: The Maelstrom. It has since gone under, but the setting was amazing. Essentially a modern/futuristic Earth is locked in a struggle between two main factions : the UNA and the Neo-Soviets.

At the peak of this stalemate, the Earth is sucked into this Maelstrom which connects it to other alien races and planets and everything in between, introducing the other factions available to play in the game.

That type of fusion is just fantastic. Having said that, a fusion also allows the world builder more options to explore these other themes as well, as long as they can be narratively explained.

I am a big fan of the Savage Worlds system too. That would be my suggestion on which rules system to use.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: World Building Exercise   World Building Exercise EmptyFri Nov 09, 2018 2:32 pm

Any updates here?

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Building Exercise   World Building Exercise Empty

Back to top Go down

World Building Exercise
Page 1 of 1