A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)

Go down 
+3
Sylphilis
Iron and Metal
Mac_tonite
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptySat Jan 13, 2018 4:25 pm

Enjoy..
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptySat Jan 13, 2018 9:32 pm

IM SO FUCKIN HAPPIES

Sent from Topic'it App

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 11:52 am

....Dude....Yes.....
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 2:46 pm

Could I attempt a test of some kind to get information on possible docks/ planets we could try and get repaired at? Say something I might have gleaned from the various trading contacts I have?
Possibly thinking Common lore- underworld for a black market/ old pirate base, or something more mercantile related
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 5:58 am

I was thinking I could use Forbidden Lore- pirates for this, or possibly Xeno's to see if I had any rumours of a possible base?
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 11:56 am

I've been thinking of questioning Shas'La Vespid Dia'ra about what and how, but then I was wondering is Dia'ra Nitafrong's creation or our GMs? I'm at the bridge now with the others so not an immediate concern, but curious nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 6:05 am

Yeah Shas'La Vespid Dia'ra was my creation- as a potential plot point that might be interesting. Not really sure how to follow up on it though. Roll and discuss with GM?
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptyMon Apr 30, 2018 5:41 pm

What is the status of the ship? so i can report
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptyFri Aug 24, 2018 3:05 am

Its been 2 months, should we move this? Is there any ETA for when this will be back on the rails again?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptyFri Aug 24, 2018 10:20 am

It is not ready to be retired.

Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptyFri Apr 19, 2019 2:25 am

Can I roll something to take a closer look at the corpse- specifically at the wound.
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 2:24 pm

I decided to roll just a basic perception test- could either be Search, Awareness or Scrutiny depending on which was more appropriate.

Per 43
Rolled 89 https://orokos.com/roll/721388

No go.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 3:28 pm

Medicae on Hibi -20 (human) <23; rolled 46/3 DoF. No dice.
http://orokos.com/roll/721400

Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 10:51 pm

Medicae on Hibi - 56 + 10 (Trained) + 10/20 (Servo skull/Mechadendrite) = 76/86

http://orokos.com/roll/721502 - 38 - 4/5 DoS
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 1:17 pm

Mac wrote:
Turning his attention to Minear, Erik nods sharply.

"Do what you believe necessary. Shipboard security is your specialty, but keep them on a leash. It is no secret that the Rammune have been engaged in reckless activities. I'd expect a former pirate to be able to control a group of former pirates...I hope I was not mistaken in allowing them to be pressed into service."

Heath, I think Erik gave the command, dog.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 11:10 pm

I missed the response from Erik I guess. scratch
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptyWed May 08, 2019 2:45 am

http://orokos.com/roll/725173
63 vs 58 (with air of authority)
Back to top Go down
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptyWed May 08, 2019 12:12 pm

Alright, so i'be been keeping tabs on interactions throughout the game. The Rammune are far from pleased with Minear's method of leadership, and they just expressed that right now with the failure of a leadership roll. Minear has a decision to make. He can save face and be diplomatic, he can attempt to intimidate with heavy penalties due to being outnumbered, and failing the leadership roll, or he could embrace his ex pirate past and.....well that's up to you to get creative with but I can see a few other options here. The Rammune can be brought back under control, and Minear can impose his will and have a complete domination over them again, but that will take time, dice rolls, and development.

For the rest of you, The Pedro will be heading towards the derelict vessel, in the meantime Hibi's quarters can be investigated, an autopsy of the body can be performed, and of course Cass and Silberthrone are conducting the Tarot in Cass' quarters if you choose to assist, or get a jump on that. Ultimately though, the ship is yours should you choose to do anything else

Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptyWed May 08, 2019 12:14 pm

Also Heath, if you should choose to attempt to intimidate Drex right now, roll WP to see if Drex's own intimidation has any effect on Minear. Again, only roll WP should you choose to attempt to impose any further authority over the Rammune at this current moment.

Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptyThu May 09, 2019 6:58 pm

Single shot vs drex, hopefully I got the drop on him with quick draw.
http://orokos.com/roll/725518
93. Not going to work.
Spend a fp of I got any?
http://orokos.com/roll/725519
Even worse. Orokos.com sure know how to make someone not want to game.
Back to top Go down
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptyFri May 10, 2019 12:38 am

What rules are most people running for RF?
The additional 1d10 damage, or the 1d5 on the critical location chart? I want to keep in line with everybody else.

Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptyFri May 10, 2019 3:43 pm

Per LINE, but here just for shits n gigs: DH2/OW rules. If the shot would normally damage, 1d5 on the crit chart. If it would normally not damage, 1 wound.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptyWed May 15, 2019 10:20 pm

Ok, so I was thinking to feint and shoot, but feint is WS only. So I will aim and standard attack with pistol
http://orokos.com/roll/726712
69 to hit vs 63 (+20 and -10), 14 damage p 5

This is against the roid rage guy.

IC:
Minear's wound ached with red hot pain, but the other 2 men were now his prime targets. one was obviously not happy with Drex's demise. The other looked too stunned to know which decision to make.
"He has been executed for insubordination. Now's your only chance to not follow in his wake." he says in a commanding voice, Aiming his pistol at the lumbering brute.
"Last chance!" he says, but it was too late. He was already set upon. He fires a shot, but the pain from Drex's last stand drew off his aim. The mass reactive round hits the reinforced bulkhead and causes the chamber to rattle with a deafening sound.
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptyWed May 15, 2019 11:38 pm

Ok so i have started the procedure.

Sammus is assisting.

What we rolling?

Also, maybe this could be a learning opportunity for both them. Sammus could learn some human medicae and sammus could learn some tau... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptyWed May 15, 2019 11:56 pm

Sylphilis wrote:
Ok, so I was thinking to feint and shoot, but feint is WS only. So I will aim and standard attack with pistol
http://orokos.com/roll/726712
69 to hit vs 63 (+20 and -10), 14 damage p 5

This is against the roid rage guy.

IC:
Minear's wound ached with red hot pain, but the other 2 men were now his prime targets. one was obviously not happy with Drex's demise. The other looked too stunned to know which decision to make.
"He has been executed for insubordination. Now's your only chance to not follow in his wake." he says in a commanding voice, Aiming his pistol at the lumbering brute.
"Last chance!" he says, but it was too late. He was already set upon. He fires a shot, but the pain from Drex's last stand drew off his aim. The mass reactive round hits the reinforced bulkhead and causes the chamber to rattle with a deafening sound.

If the guy is not in cc with me yet, I get a +30 to that. Not sure where were at on the initiative track.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptyThu May 16, 2019 2:26 am

Awareness

Per 58 + 0 (Test) = <58: 17, 6 DoS.

Logic

Int 49 - 20 (Logic Untrained) + 20 (Test) = <49: 73, 4 DoF.

https://orokos.com/roll/726730
Back to top Go down
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptyThu May 16, 2019 5:26 am

Reiner’s Awareness results:
Reiner easily identifies the pair of tau pulse pistols resting in Char’s shoulder rig. Judging by the way the man holds himself, Reiner can tell Char is so practiced, he remains in a state that is physically ready for immediate violence, while at the same time, totally mentally relaxed. Plain and simple, the tough guy act the Imperial agent had going was absolutely not an act.

(Bonus information for DOS)

-Reiner knew Char’s type; dangerous, but dutiful. You would wager Char would adhere to chain of command.
(This would have been one of the potential results of the logic test. Due to the ridiculous DOS on perception, we’ll say Reiner is able to discern this by observing the way Char presents himself)

-Char appears to favor his right leg.

-Reiner hears a faint whir as Char looks him up and down. This mechanical sound coincides with what appears to be a rapid dilation and contraction of Char’s left pupil. It was subtle, but it suggested the eye was augmentic.  

Logic results:
You can totally take this guy without any consequences whatsoever. In fact....doing so might add an inch to your penis size
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptyThu May 16, 2019 3:01 pm

Olivia WP test
WP 36
Rolled 10 https://orokos.com/roll/726899

4 DoS
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptyFri May 17, 2019 12:26 am

Sorry, spent all day sleeping.
http://orokos.com/roll/726979
vs 63, miss (Aim, standard attack, fatigue)

There was no denying that Drex's thug had a death wish. Either the other one had not decided who to follow or was dumbfounded at what was going on. Either way, he was out of the way for now.
Minear sees an opening and fires another shot. Again the rapport of the bolt pistol was deafening in the bare metal room, but the round still misses the thrashing idiot.

I havent checked the IC yet, but I recommend doing the whole battle in a single post, editing as actions are added. That way the thread isnt a scattering of battle between the talk of other PC's.
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptyThu May 23, 2019 5:43 pm

Fellowship roll vs 21

http://orokos.com/roll/728708 - 11 (2dos)
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptyFri May 24, 2019 3:21 pm

Olivia rolls
First up- Awareness test
Per 43 +10(skill) -20 (difficulty)

Rolled 21 https://orokos.com/roll/728900

3 DoS

Not too bad- now for the one I'm not so sure about.

WP 36 (if this counts as fear +10, if not, then not)

Rolled 42 https://orokos.com/roll/728901

So either 2 DoF or 2 DoS
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptyFri May 24, 2019 5:34 pm

Opposed willpower

WP 36

Rolled 88 https://orokos.com/roll/728911

7 DoF

I think that's a bit convincing
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptyFri May 24, 2019 11:06 pm

OK, per line heres my next attack, same thing, aim and standard attack:
http://orokos.com/roll/728942
finally, 24 to hit, 11 p4

Minear had to settle this before the last member of Drex's frat decided he didnt like Minear's offer. He takes a split second aim at his assailant's gut, where a bolt round would do the most collateral damage to his internals, and fired his next shot.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptySat May 25, 2019 1:12 am

Fellowship Test (lol)

Fel 26 - 10 (Disturbing Voice) - 10 (Unnatural Presence) = <6: HAHA natural 100, yessssss. This just proves how amazing Reiner is in social situations.

https://orokos.com/roll/728950
Back to top Go down
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) EmptySun May 26, 2019 7:42 pm

Ah yes, the perks of a monster in a social setting.

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC) Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (OOC)
Page 1 of 1