A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Death in the Mountains - OOC

Go down 
+3
Iron and Metal
Murcurie
Carnelian
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 12:17 am

fp reroll:
http://orokos.com/roll/574710
I give up.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 8:15 am

No

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 3:49 pm

You guys have a few hours before the evening meal, if you wish to attend. The master will be busy until then so not available. Keep the IC going with whatever you guys what to do. If you want to skip to the meal or striking forth with whatever keep it going.

FP spends to date are reset.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 7:34 pm

I dont think Slythe would have much to say/do.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 7:42 pm

Well, it depends on what our plan is.

We don't know where the rats are right now, but we can assume we will get contact tonight based on a few things but primarily 1) Reginald knows they travel primarily at night and 2) Slythe saw one of them casing the Monastery.

In my opinion our best plan of action is to boost up the defenses and get ready for an attack in the evening. But because we know that they travel underground, we need to make sure there are no cellars or underground areas that they may be able to easily access.

I think it may be in our best interest to spend these hours before nightfall searching and securing any cellars/tombs/underground areas and even sending a scouting party out into the immediate area to see if they can find anymore.

Anyone else have any ideas? Objections?

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 2:21 am

Sylphilis wrote:
I dont think Slythe would have much to say/do.

You'e not interested in inquiring about the black coach you've been following which must have passed this way?
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 3:37 am

Black coach? Wha? Question
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 3:58 am

Sylphilis wrote:
Black coach? Wha? Question

The reason for you being here. The first IC post Very Happy

"Slythe had travelled thousands of miles from the Southands through rain forests, across deserts and over mountains only to be attacked on the final leg of his journey to Ulthuan. Knocked unconscious at the start of the battle he awoke on a beach with only a dying Skink as company. Listening to the Skinks account of the attack he was told that the ship was assaulted by powerful magic before a black robed figure appeared and stole the relic that the Lizardman delegation carried as a peace offering to the High Elves. With vengeance on his mind but little idea on how to start an Elf approached him a short while later and explained that the he had witnessed the battle and a black robed figure departing. After some conversation Daemaer and Slythe agreed to work together…

The coach has been hard to follow, it has not stopped to rest the horses as you’d expect and it has avoided cities and large towns. Clearly some magic is involved. Daemaer and Slythe only saving grace is that the large imposing black coach is hard to miss so they’ve managed to track it by talking to other travellers on the road. The trail has led you to the Grey Mountains, the coach is at least three weeks ahead of you…"

Last edited by Carnelian on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 8:36 am

SHAME

*ding ding, ding ding*

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 10:43 pm

Oh. That black coach. I thought you meant coach Carmona, my 8th grade gym coach. Everything clicks so well now.

Hope that covers up my blunder?
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 12:42 am

Sylphilis wrote:
Hope that covers up my blunder?

Wink
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 9:37 am

I figure we give the town a good look over, but definitely finding where they plan to attack from would help us focus our set up.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 6:51 am

If team Slythe are going to search the basin I will need to know your approach. The basin is roughly oval, lightly wooded with two known routes out - one towards Grunere and the other towards a valley and another settlement (but that is a day or so away), otherwise it is surrounded by mountains.

A good starting point is probably where Slythe saw the skaven, and we all know his tracking skills are legend.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 8:57 am

We could come at the basin from both ends? One circle around and meet in the middle?
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 11:37 am

Could I get a (+10) tracking roll from Slythe (sorry). You can be assisted...

The dwarves can give me a (-10) common lore dwarf or a (+10) mining roll depending on what you have.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 12:07 pm

CL Dwarf 42 -10 (test) <32 [also, I have ENGINEERING as known if that better helps]; rolled 75/no go either way.

Aside from the torches, how well does our low-light vision help us out down here?

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 12:55 pm

Apologies, I forgot about engineering. That would have been at +10, but no matter considering your roll.

Outside at night where there is always some ambient light you'll be able to see well within range. Underground if there is no light source you wouldn't see much better than a human. In the first chamber as they'll be a bit of light filtering down the stairs from outside you'll be able to see ok, but better with the torches. The further you go underground you'd need to use torches.
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 3:50 pm

Can i assist Slythe?
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 9:34 pm

DonQwaf wrote:
Can i assist Slythe?

Yes you can which will put Slythe on +20, how can he possibly fail?
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 9:56 pm

http://orokos.com/roll/577060
58 vs 44
Since tracking is based on survival, which is based on awareness right?

How a walking dinosaur could fail inevitable passed rolls?
Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 KRUfJfr
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 1:09 pm

Slythe needs to amend his IC post as he spend a FP to get +10 (I'm also changing Survival to be perception based).

I also need awareness rolls from Slythe, Serestre & Daemaer.

What are our two brothers doing in the crypt?
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 4:03 am

Before I amend the IC, what do I find?
http://orokos.com/roll/577595
88, fail.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 10:49 am

4 vs 51 (assist and engineering) = 4 DoS on awareness

http://orokos.com/roll/577626

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 1:56 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:

You come to the conclusion quiet quickly and your search confirms it that unless there is something in one of the sarcophagi there is nothing hidden in this chamber. The bronze plates on the walls are the final resting places for the monks of the Monastery, there are names and date of deaths engraved on each plate. About a 1/3 of the resting places are not covered but there is only enough room in each to wedge a corpse inside, so you'll not find any secret passages or such in those.
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 4:18 pm

Awareness roll

http://orokos.com/roll/577718 - 76 vs 21 NOPE lol
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 2:00 am

Awareness
Per 33: 55, 3 DoF 

http://orokos.com/roll/577876
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 3:35 am

Jeez, the dice hate you guys. No matter. The rocky slope is climbable without skill tests unless you want to move at speed. Up to you how you want to proceed.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 10:51 am

Are the two dwarves pressing on? Want to IC anything off the back of your search?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 12:35 pm

Carnelian wrote:
Iron and Metal wrote:

You come to the conclusion quiet quickly and your search confirms it that unless there is something in one of the sarcophagi there is nothing hidden in this chamber. The bronze plates on the walls are the final resting places for the monks of the Monastery, there are names and date of deaths engraved on each plate. About a 1/3 of the resting places are not covered but there is only enough room in each to wedge a corpse inside, so you'll not find any secret passages or such in those.

Sorry, Dave! I just saw this. IC incoming.

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 5:00 pm

More awareness rolls (+10) for each of the dwarves please. No assisting.

I've also added a small bit of description for what you can see up the slope. My bad that I didn't include it. I've added the following "there seems to be a way up some thirty feet to a ledge which is shrouded in shadow..."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 7:28 pm

I'm not quite picturing it well enough. So, once inside the room there is another door at the far end and two iron-gated resting places on each side. Where is the slope and ledge?

Awareness: 7 vs 41/4 DoS
http://orokos.com/roll/578470

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 11:02 pm

OK, making a roll to see if the skaven would think to set a trap based on racial knowledge.
FL vs 4 (untrained)
http://orokos.com/roll/578504
lol. I thought I might pass such a trivial and difficult test, but i didnt.

In which case I will look for signs of a trap.
http://orokos.com/roll/578505
there we go!
Natural 1
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 20, 2017 10:11 am

He's back!

Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 21, 2017 9:56 am

Awareness, oh boy.

36 vs 15 3DoF. http://orokos.com/roll/578846
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 22, 2017 2:52 pm

The dwarves can have a roll (+10 this time) on one of the following skills. Trade - Mason, Mining, Engineering or similar.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 22, 2017 4:52 pm

Engineering +10 <51; rolled 23/3 DoS
http://orokos.com/roll/579081

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 22, 2017 5:16 pm

Not sure if I'll post again until after Christmas and I know its a busy time so not expecting much postage from people. I'm also keen to not move to far ahead with those who are here and leave those who aren't out. So let me take this opportunity to say...

Ho, Ho, Ho... Merry Christmas chaps. Have a present of 150xp which I have already added to your PC sheets, it can be spent now if you wish (but not during combat).
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 1:46 pm

Sorry was in transit for forever

So are the rats above us? or have we climbed the path?

how far away are they?
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 5:15 pm

DonQwaf wrote:
Sorry was in transit for forever

So are the rats above us? or have we climbed the path?

how far away are they?

You climbed the slope up to the ledge. The skaven are on the ledge in front of the cave mouth about 10 feet away from your good selves.
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 3:00 pm

+10 trade mining roll:

76 vs 36, 4DoF big fail. http://orokos.com/roll/579737
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 12:49 am

Awareness rolls are appropriate for the dwarves if you want to search around for stuff.

Jeff when I pm'd you this "The workmanship of this place and skill in the stone work indicates a dwarf hand in this places construction in your opinion. I should add that it wasn't obvious at first. Probably dwarves and humans working together." I was referring to the entire crypt and not just the final chamber - apologies if I wasn't being clear.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 9:37 am

Ah, I see. That’ll have to be a mental retcon then. I’ll leave the IC interaction as is.

How much time do we have before nightfall? If we have some time to do a proper search, will bonuses to awareness be involved?

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 11:45 am

I will ready an action to cast magic dart on one of the skaven, depending on what slythe does
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 1:12 am

Slythe is letting one of you guys talk. Hes a saurus and they are pretty much only used for fighting.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 1:16 am

Iron and Metal wrote:
How much time do we have before nightfall? If we have some time to do a proper search, will bonuses to awareness be involved?

You have a couple of hours before nightfall.

I'll allow each of you an engineering/mining roll first
- For mining per 2 DoS = +10 on your awareness roll
- For engineering per 1 DoS = +10 on your awareness roll

You can have two awareness rolls.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 12:53 pm

To keep things moving with the Skaven I'm going to roll an opposed awareness test for Slythe, Daemaer and Serestre

Unknown http://orokos.com/roll/579998 = 54, 87 = 2 DoF & 6 DoF

Awareness for Slythe, Daemaer and Serestre http://orokos.com/roll/579995 = 33, 52, 86
Slythe (1 DoF), Daemaer (3 DoF), Serestre (7 DoF)

I've PM'd Slythe and Daemaer
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 2:16 pm

Carnelian wrote:
Iron and Metal wrote:

You have a couple of hours before nightfall.

I'll allow each of you an engineering/mining roll first
- For mining per 2 DoS = +10 on your awareness roll
- For engineering per 1 DoS = +10 on your awareness roll

You can have two awareness rolls.

Here we go: Engineering +10 <51; rolled 25/3 DoS (+30 to awareness)
http://orokos.com/roll/580024

(x2) Awareness +30 <61; rolled 60/1 DoS & 74/2 DoF
http://orokos.com/roll/580025

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 29, 2017 12:09 am

charge the skaven who said to wait.

http://orokos.com/roll/580099
natural 99

http://orokos.com/roll/580100
and a natural 1 on ini for a total of 4

This is why lizards no longer rule the earth.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 29, 2017 12:19 am

heh... you rolled a 1 for the damage as well, ah man. No matter, things can only get better, right?

Ok, IC thread is in 'lockdown' for Slythe, Serestre and Daemaer, please just post in OOC thread as per combat in other games.

Can I have initiative rolls please from Serestre and Daemaer.

Skaven Initiative
http://orokos.com/roll/580101 = 11
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 29, 2017 1:03 am

I've posted a rough map for the group fighting the Skaven in the locations thread (done at work so apologies for poor quality). Check it out and let me know if you've any questions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death in the Mountains - OOC   Death in the Mountains - OOC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Death in the Mountains - OOC
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next