A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)

Go down 
+3
Carnelian
Sylphilis
Solodice
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 03, 2018 1:10 am

Iron and Metal wrote:

Thain sighs and nods empathetically. "I know all too well how it goes. To our smuggler parents, and all the smuggler parents out there trying to make a better life for their children." He held up his drink to cheers her. He takes a long drink after the clink and gives her a sad smile.

"Well, gorgeous, surprisingly similar circumstances you and I are in. The old nerf-herder I mentioned before," he lowered his voice, "Throt, I need to meet up with him. He was supposed to be here, but isn't; 's not necessarily a bad thing since I got to meet you." This time his smile was genuine. He took another sip, letting the next part build up slightly.

"Long story short, he's threatening my family unless I do some work for him. So, finding him is up there on the to-do list today I suppose. Among other things," he said the last bit with a raised eyebrow and a quick smile to he lovely server.

The Twi'lek smiles and clinks her glass with Thain's before taking another sip of it.

"True enough, my parents...well...they did what they had to do to get by. And at least I am here breathing still."

She nods her head at the words from Thain, the pain apparent in his voice. She reaches down and touches his hand, empathizing with him completely. She looks around, making sure no one was listening in on them.

"Well...if I had to guess where the nerf-herder is...I'd say he is at Daro's hideout talking to Dobah. He was with that group from before...the two human males and the Weequay. At least he wasn't the one accosting that poor girl. Anyways...their little hideout isn't far from here at all...not at all. In fact, it's practically down the street. Not everyone knows....that that is what it is...at least newcomers don't...but I could draw it out for you....like a map, if you'd like."

She blushes a bit, leaning over to whisper the next part into his ear.

"And perhaps....once you are done with him...we can get really started."

Azza wrote:
Tuth tilts his head making a big show of being in thought before speaking again

--So you planning to ask me questions get some new info on the new blokes about town to sell to the highest bidder then make me pay you for what you already have?-- the wookies leans in

--Maybe I answer questions, and maybe you answer mine and no one loses anything--

Sent from Topic'it App

Snoo nods his head quicker than he would have liked, up and down, up and down, eager to just follow along with the wookie rather than anger him.

"Information is my game, that's for sure. So I could see us benefitting mutually from the spreading of it. I guess I will start, what exactly are you guys doing here?"

A sweat was breaking out on the Devaronian that definitely hadn't been there before.

Solodice wrote:

"Either knows something or is just as interested in it as we are." Nulyn grumbles, "Leave it to me. I'll see where or who he's flying off to." Nulyn says waiting for the Toydarian to get close to the exit before he begins his move, "If I'm not back in 15 you all better come looking for me."

The Toydarian reaches the exit and Nulyn begins his move. Following people was like following prey. Blending in and not bringing to much attention to yourself. So he unhooked his blaster from his chest and places it in a holster on his bag. Less menacing but still within reach.

The Toydarian exits the bar quickly, quite literally gliding down the main thoroughfare with apparent ease, looking like he was obviously trying to get somewhere fast. Faster than he normally would go in any case. Nulyn catches the trail quickly and with the ease of a hunter whom had years and years of experience tailing their victims. He blends into the crowd easily, as if he were born here and knew the streets as well as his own homeworld.

A scant five minutes later and Nulyn watches as the Toydarian approaches a building, shiftily looks from side to side, and enters into it. Nulyn catches a glimpse of the human male that had been accosting the Rodian in the bar as the door is opened for the little spy. Nulyn sneaks past anyone and everyone and gets right up next to one of the open windows to listen in on the conversation.

"Yeah, yeah, Daro, they's was askin' about that R4 unit...you know the one...the one you guys got for Dobah the other day...they seemed real likely to help that damn Rodian get it for some credits," says the Toydarian.

"What's the make up of the group?," a soft, harsh voice asks from inside.

"Well, there was a...human...no scratch that...two humans, a Zabrak, a Chiss, and a wookie. Scary thing those wookies...once I saw--"

"That's enough. You may go. And here are your credits," the voice says abruptly.

"Ah, well...okay. Thanks Daro, I be seein' ya."

Nulyn takes it all in and soon enough, from his hiding spot, he can see the Toydarian exiting the building.

After this, Daro continues his conversation to the others inside.

"Alright, boys. Suit up. We are gonna show these guys a lesson before they stick their noses too far into our business. Guy, Spir, get the others roused. We leave in 15 to where they are. The cantina. Ambush them as they come out. Orders are to teach them a lesson, we don't need extra heat, so just rough them up. They put up a fight though...end them."

Last edited by mruozu on Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 03, 2018 1:36 am

Tuth smiles showing teeth

--Here to meet a friend of my Zabrak buddy.-- he nods towards the general direction of Thain -
-Charmer has friends in ports all over.--

Thr wookie, having now demolished anything appetizing on the plate in front of him slides it back over.

--How many smuggler rings operare out of this backwater?--

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 03, 2018 9:43 am

Thain gave the girl a genuine smile. "I would absolutely love that. All of it. See, I was right - you really are an angel."

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 03, 2018 1:08 pm

If the crew didn't find trouble then trouble usually found them. Nulyn didn't stick around for any longer then he needed. He needed to get back to the cantina and get his crew out of there before the ambush could be set.

++++

Nulyn makes his way to Tuth first whispering into the Wookie's ear, "We have some company... unfriendly company inbound. So wrap this up quickly."

He then moves over to Seb and Braybric, "Up and out, boys. I'll explain when we're clear of the cantina."

Nulyn then makes a swift trip upstairs to Thain and the Twi'lek.

Nulyn slides his way into the booth unannounced, "Unfriendly company is planning to make our day bad. We need to leave here immediately. Will explain more when we're somewhere safe."

Just as quickly as he got in the booth he's out and moving nearest exit waiting for the rest of his team. The sooner they were out the more time they could distance themselves from the trouble.

Last edited by Solodice on Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 03, 2018 4:06 pm

Azza wrote:
Tuth smiles showing teeth

--Here to meet a friend of my Zabrak buddy.-- he nods towards the general direction of Thain -
-Charmer has friends in ports all over.--

Thr wookie, having now demolished anything appetizing on the plate in front of him slides it back over.

--How many smuggler rings operare out of this backwater?--

Snoo nods his head taking it all in.

"Well...I'd say there's anywhere from 4-5 rings operating at any one specific time...however, that number used to be a lot higher. Dogah started to clean up shop so to speak...making sure that he centralized the power for himself."

Iron and Metal wrote:
Thain gave the girl a genuine smile. "I would absolutely love that. All of it. See, I was right - you really are an angel."

She smiles and gets a napkin from the table, beginning to scribble on it. It was crudely drawn, but it showed where Throt was most likely located, as well as Daro, and potentially even Dobah.

"There we go...should be useful for ya. Anyways, I think I've got to get back. Seeing as my break--

She stops as Nulyn approaches and slides into the booth, trying her best to overhear what was being said. A worried look comes across her face at the prospect of her newfound Zabrak getting hurt.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 03, 2018 4:40 pm

Thain didn't respond. As soon as Nulyn had delivered his message he was moving again. He pocketed the napkin and smiled back at the Twi'lek girl.

"Looks like that's my cue. When I come back, I am going to need a nice soft bed to lie down in. See what you can do." He flashed her a devilish grin. Before she could respond he leaned in and planted a kiss on her lips. Then he was off and moving with a purpose.

Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 03, 2018 4:54 pm

--Wannabe crime lord, explains the Hutt bounty-- Tuth was waiting for the next question when Nuyln comes in. He doesn't reply just looks at Soon and shrugs

--Interview is over. Sensible idea right now if to leave and keep your head down.--

With that the wookie stands and returns to their original table and waits for the others.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2018 1:45 am

The Twi'lek kisses Thain back hard, wishing he didn't have to go.

"Use the back exit. The alleyways will conceal you."

Nulyn gathers the group together quickly, knowing that they had scant minutes to leave the cantina before the gang arrived. Their first few hours here and things were already turning out just as they had expected. Trouble, trouble, always following close behind.

The back exit is easy to find and the group shuffles out of the cantina quickly and with purpose. It wouldn't do to be anywhere near there when things went down. A place to hideout for a little bit would be optimal, but of course, none knew Formos well enough to easily find what would be best. The door closes behind the group...

Outside, there were a few options that headed away from the cantina. One would bring you all back to the spaceport, but and the other further into Formos. Decisions, decisions.
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2018 7:35 am

Tuth looks about

--What is the plan then? We can't make any credits skulking about in alleys, you said you know where they are coming from?-- the wookie looks to Nulyn

--You think we could make it there while they want to ambush us here, and maybe we can get the drop on them instead?--

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2018 11:22 am

Solodice wrote:
"Be safe, Thain. I don't think Braybric wants to get that intimidate with you as he had to after your fun with that human on Lothal." Nulyn said bringing up that embarrassing memory for both of them.

"I dont remember that" he says matter of factly, taking a sip of whatever the hell he had just ordered.

As the others do their thing, he watched and waited. Trouble was on the wind, he could smell it. Things were about to shift into overdrive, so he tries and calms his mind.
trouble brought the authorities, the authorities meant imperials....

If they couldn't weasel out of it, things would go exceptionally bad for Braybric, a wanted AWOL trooper.

When Nuln comes back and reports his spying results, he lets out a sigh, "Not a day goes by...." he started,

He moves towards the back exit along with the others.
"Maybe we should double back when we're out. Take em from behind?"

These guys wernt the kind to let well enough alone. They would chase them down if and when they realize theyd been given the slip.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2018 1:52 pm

"Funn enough, Bray, taking them from behind is exactly what I was thinking." He took a few steps out of the back exit and waited to see what Nulyn had actually found out.

Assuming he tells them, Thain follows up with, "If he just emptied his house of goons to try and catch us slipping, that means that Dobah and probably even Throt, are sitting cozy and alone in that hideout. If we acted now we could kill two birds with one stone and not even have to waste our time with the idiots he's sending after us."

Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2018 6:25 pm

Nulyn divolges what he's learned, "Some goon by the name of Daro got some info from a plant in the cantina. Said we were lookin' into that R4 that they nabbed. He's rallying the troops right now to set up an ambush that's not going to work anymore."

Nulyn looks at Tuth and points to a building just down the alley, "Yeah, they're coming from there."

Thain must of put two and two together from somewhere, "Well if the R4 unit is there then they might be there as well. Kill 3 birds with one stone."
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2018 11:46 pm

Tuth shakes his head

--Guy I was talking to said this Daboh prick is running 4 or 5 rings, consolidating round him, which is probably what has a Hutt pissed at him to be fair. Best case I think these guys know how to find him - but unless we are lucky we aren't finding hin or that other prick here.--

The wookie shrugs

--R4 unit might be though--

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2018 1:26 am

Seb leans against a wall while the grown ups speak, but it doesn't take long before he becomes impatient "We're doin' an awful a lot of talkin' when we supposedly don't have much time. If he's there its a bonus, lets get goin'"
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2018 6:07 am

Seb was right of course, time was of the essence, and so the group made their way through the back alleyways, zigg-zagging here and there to make up for any lost time. The smugglers would be at the cantina in scant minutes and it would do to be where they wouldn't be...their own hideout.

Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 Image_star_wars_1313-20057-2515_0006

The streets are a bit more downtrodden in the alleyways, where all sorts of nefarious looking people give your group looks, but steer clear of you. They didn't know you, and that either meant they could take advantage of your or leave you alone. But, a wookie in the group made things seem a bit more challenging.

Soon enough, you find your way to the location marked by Thain's new Twi'lek squeeze. It's an old warehouse that has been seemingly refurbished for the smuggler's needs. There is one window, where Nulyn was able to gather the valuable information that kept you out of trouble for the time being. It is closed this time, however it looks like it isn't exactly in the best condition. Inspection of the door shows that it is firmly locked as well. At least the gang wasn't as stupid as they looked...or were they?

[OOC: Need a Hard (3 Difficulty Dice) Computers Test for anyone trying the door.]
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2018 2:04 pm

Seb was on edge and vigilant to danger as they entered the seedier area of town. Those who stared over long at the crew drew a stare back from Seb, he kept a constant lookout for threats scanning both sides of the streets and alleyways. All the crew could handle themselves to a degree but this was his job. To keep the crew safe and to kick sevens shades of bantha shit out of whatever got in their way - if there was trouble he was ready for it.

Seb keeps a lookout while how to enter the warehouse is decided.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2018 5:06 pm

Braybric stands by, looking at the lock.

"Dont look at me."

He had only the basest of such skills, not enough to be considered adept at it.

He hold his weapon, but just outside the holster, so as not to draw attention.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2018 8:06 pm

Thain considered the locked door. "Could always just knock. I mean, we know a majority, if not all of his guys are gone. I could tell him I am here to make a deal - when the door opens... bam."

He was really good at lying, after all.

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 1:18 am

Seb audibly sighed, some people sure lacked decisiveness. "Perhaps buck someone up and take a peak through the window?" The merc was one for acting without thinking which often got him into trouble but when he had a moment to think he sometimes came up with good ideas.
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 1:32 am

Tuth shakes his head and walks to the window and looks inside while checking to see if it can be opened.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 2:30 am

Upon looking inside, Tuth is able to see that the smugglers left behind 3 guards to help keep watch on the den. The warehouse is simply one large room with everything the smugglers need inside it. There are couches, a refrigeration unit, a stove and larder, a computer terminal, various boxes and crates, and a toilet that is covered simply by a curtain.

One of the guards is lounging about on a grubby looking couch on the far wall across from the window, while another sits at a computer terminal with an R4 Unit sitting next to him at the back of the warehouse. The last one is cleaning up in the furthest corner away from the window behind some crates.
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 2:55 am

Tuth turns back
--We have three goons left behind. Don't seem to be paying to much attention but our R4 unit is there--

He looks and shrugs, piling through the window seemed less appealing now.

--I guess we knock, it'll be unexpected anyway--

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 9:19 pm

The consensus was set. It was time to try and take the 3 guards unawares by simply knocking on the door and hoping that they opened up.

Thain, the natural choice for this, makes his way over to the door and gives it a nice hard knock. It takes a little longer than expected, but eventually one of the smugglers makes his way over to the door, sliding the shutter to the side to see whom it was.

With annoyance in his voice, he gruffly speaks.

"Yeah? Whaddya want?"
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 11:38 pm

Thain smiles cheekily, like someone who knows something that no one else does.

"I've got a proposition for the boss. It involves things way above your pay-grade. No offense, but I call them like I see them. Rest assured, he will want to hear what I've got to say. And you know what, he will thank you for bringing it to him. So why don't we skip the inane questions. Name's Thinn Kreyonz and time is money."

Thain nods as he speaks, rubbing his hands together to let the goon know he wasn't immediately packing and to give an air of confidence about himself. He didn't speak to this idiot like he did the Twi'lek girl, of course. A thug like this only understood confidence and power. Thain decided he would go with over-confidence.

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 2:09 am

The eyes in the view slit look up and down at Thain for a second, squinting a bit at the proposition.

"Boss ain't here. Left a while ago. Hey...don't I know you from somewhere? You look awfully familiar..."

His eyes go wide for a moment and then you can see his cheeks move upward from a grin on his face.

"Aren't you that famous gambler, who hasn't lost a game of Sabacc ever?"

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 9:56 am

Thain momentarily widened his eyes.

"Yeah, buddy. You got me. No good for cover when you're this famous I suppose. Heh."

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 1:24 am

The man's grin doesn't go away as he continues to take in the legend before him. He wondered...maybe he could be the one to beat him. Maybe he could do what no one else could do. I mean hell, the boss wasn't around, and Daro had just left...what harm could it do?

He slides the shutter back into place without another word.

Soon after, you hear the lock disengaging and the door begins to open...
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 6:46 pm

Tuth was ready to act and had a solid plan in mind for when the door was opened. He would rush in and take the smuggling bastard by surprise, grappling him and using him as a human shield against the others. The door opens completely...

The smile on the face of the thug turns to one of sheer horror as the wookie barrels through the doorway and shoves the human male to the side. The absolute terror of a charging wookie causes more than sweat to trickle out of the body of the smuggler. Rather than the grapple working, however, Tuth misjudges the distance between himself and the smuggler, causing him to merely shoulder check him to the side as the wookie runs screaming into the room.

It is still for a moment as everyone takes in the situation in the split second that all this happens in.

And then the fighting begins.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 4:20 pm

Always leave it to a Wookie...

Round 1

Tuth IC

With Tuth shouldering past him and doing what Wookies do best, Thain takes the opportunity to rush in. Already there was shooting taking place. And since that wasn't him, he hoped it meant less blaster fire coming his way. He spotted the R4 unit in the corner and made straight for it, keeping himself deeply in cover when and wherever he could.

Immediately after, Thain is able to see the damage done from Nulyn's heavy blaster.

Always leave it to the Wookie to go charging in.

With the Wookie through the door Nulyn thought about posting up on the door to back him up but like any good hunter he had eyeballed another angle... the window. Plus, Seb or Braybric might want to use the door as well for cover.

He quickly slides over to it and uses the front of his blast to smash it open giving him an uninstructed view inside.

Knowing that these guys were probably the first shoot ask questions later types Nulyn didn't hesitate to fire.

The blast tears through the open space in a flash of light and the street tough smuggler falls limp to the floor in an instant. The R4 area looked clear for the time being.

Content that Tuth would likely draw any initial fire Seb darts into the warehouse, hot on the heels of the wookie. Mabel in hand he quickly takes in the battlefield - three hostiles one being dealt with, R4 unit and cover. The one circumstance where Seb didn't act rashly was when the shit went down, mostly anyway. Cover looked like the best bet and would put him in a strong position to bring some pain; running as hard as he can he sprints for the containers.

Braybric entered quickly in a low crouch. There were men scattered about, trying to recover from the wookie's surprise.

He sees an unconscious guy on the ground, but that could wait. He moves towards the cover of some nearby crates. There, he could get his bearings.....

The street tough hadn't fought a wookie before. Hell, he hadn't fought anything that big in his whole life. He'd already shit his pants once, but he did his best to overcome his fears. Trembling, he fumbles for his blaster to try and get off a shot, but in the process it simply goes off, firing wide of Tuth by quite some distance. The best it did was simply make Tuth angrier.

The smuggler knew that shit was hitting the fan. He'd seen his comrade go down and knew that there wasn't much in the way of help with him. He moves quickly to the side, firing off his blaster towards the boxes. The shot grazes off the side of the box, hitting nothing.

Acting Order for Round 1
Tuth
Thain
Nulyn
Seb
Braybric
Street Tough 1 - taken 2 wounds
Street Tough 2 - incapacitated
Smuggler

Last edited by mruozu on Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 4:20 pm

Round 2

Braybric sees a thug fire into Thain.
He grits his teeth and yells at him angrily, "Hey! your making more work for me!" As he yells, he fires his blaster pistol at the assailant.

However, it was the smuggler's lucky day as the blaster pistol's shots go well wide of their mark.

Thain feels the blaster shot smash into the cover and takes a different tactic. "Hey, geniuses! We have you outnumbered by an ass-ton to one. Throw down your weapons and leave her with your lives. But if you keep up the fighting, you should get used to the idea of being Wookie-shit!"

Using the corner of the cargo crate as cover Seb lines up a shot with Mabel. There wasn't anything like a bit of hurt to persuade someone to surrender and the smuggler looked like he needed convincing. He smirks as he pulls the trigger "Yeah! surrender Bantha fuckers!" he shouts as he squeezes the trigger.

The shot hits true, deflecting off the smuggler's armor, but doing some real damage to him in the process. He slumps a bit due to the impact and turns to fire at Seb. The shot hits Seb's weapon and knocks it out of his hand, clanking on the floor as it slides a few feet away from the hired gun.

Tuth keeps up his fight with the Street Tough, this time putting the enemy on the ground with a vicious punch that makes his opponent see stars and drop his weapon. He unceremoniously picks it up, backing away from the wookie, the true look of fear plastered on his face. He wanted to quit this fight, knowing it was hopeless, but he was more afraid even of the Aqualish and what he might do to him if he found out he was running from a battle.

Nulyn scanned for any targets. He had one... the street tough fighting Tuth. He had just picked up his blaster and that was all Nulyn needed. He pulled the trigger and he hoped his aim was true... if it wasn't Tuth would probably be hit instead.

The street tough knew he was in the shit. Getting pummeled by a wookie, most of his friends gone. He steels himself. It was time to get back in this and take the fight to the blasted wookie. He begins to aim...and then he feels the blaster shot tear through him. He falls slowly, dead before he hits the ground.

Action on Nulyn.

Acting Order for Round 2
Braybric - fired his blaster pistol
Thain - attempted Coercion check
Tuth - punched the Street Tough to the ground
Seb - shot the smuggler
Street Tough 1 - DEAD
Smuggler - shot and missed Seb, but hit his gun out of his hand
Nulyn -
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2018 4:12 pm

Round 3

Thain moved quickly to the R4 unit. He fired off a shot as he went, but it went wide. Even still, it seemed to draw his target's attention, opening him up for a blow that would hopefully level him.

Braybric leaves the safety of cover to the downed enemy. He didnt even think about his own safety at that point. All the training had kicked in and it was now time to risk blasterfire in order to help others.
but this guy is one of them, should I even bother?
He certainly wasn't trained to assist those who fired at him, but now that he was no longer under imperial restraints, he had no desire to follow each and every protocol he had been taught.

He makes it to the guy, not sure if he was going to help him, keep him down, or finish him off.

There was one target remaining. Nulyn put him in his sights and pulled the trigger.

The shot went well wide of the mark, but it hadn't missed by much. The smuggler's time was running out and the Force seemed to show it.

"Mabel" Seb shouts as his blaster is shot out of his hand. Anger flashed across his face at the thought of his favourite weapon being damaged and the credits he might have to shell out for its repair, some body was going to pay. He eye-balled the offending smuggler.

Seb scooped his blaster off the floor and without a care of firing a potentially damaged weapon snaps a shot off.

That was the shot that ended it all. The smuggler crumples to the ground, most obviously dead. The whole encounter had taken less than 20 seconds and the ragtag band had ended things before most of their enemies even knew what hit them.

Leave it to a Wookie...

IC Open.

Acting Order for Round 3
Thain - shot and missed, but got the target's attention
Nulyn - fired and missed
Seb - shot the smuggler dead
Braybric - moved to the incapacitated Street Tough
Tuth - moved towards the smuggler after he died
Street Tough 1 - DEAD
Smuggler - DEAD
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2018 4:57 pm

Thain raised an eyebrow as the last of them bit the dust. He gave a chuckle and holstered his weapon.

"Damn, boys, we are good." He leans down and begins inspecting the R4 unit. Truth was he didn't know much about computers and mechanics. But at least two people on the crew were solid grease-monkeys.

"Tuth, Nial, you want to come check this thing out? Any of them still alive? I can see what I can do to get some answers out of them."

He stands back up and takes in the now mostly silent warehouse.

Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2018 11:05 pm

Nulyn repositioned himself within the warehouse and just behind the door, "I suggest we get the R4 and move. No need to linger if we don't have to."

One of the street toughs was still breathing, "I say don't waste our medical supplies on him. He also didn't see a thing... was the first guy I dropped."

Nulyn really didn't want to stick around. It was a quick fight but the blaster fire would draw someones attention. Either Imperials or Daboh's men coming back from the ambush. Either way it was probably more then they could deal with.

Last edited by Solodice on Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2018 3:12 am

As Thain approaches the R4 unit, he can tell that it has seen better days. His chassis is covered in oily handprints and dents. He has had a large dark iron restraining bolt fitted to his chassis and some of the small panels on the front of the droid have been removed. The R4 unit has been wired to a small portable computer. The blinking green screen on the computer reads:

"Configuration complete—coordinates compatible."

Upon looking around the room, Thain can see a cabinet that appears to be locked not too far from the droid's location.

Nulyn notices faintly that some form of static is coming from the smuggler's body, more than likely comms.

The street tough moans a little louder than the last few times as Braybric makes his final approach towards him. He was still rather unresponsive and definitely in a world of pain, but he could be brought back to consciousness with perhaps some of the smelling salts on Braybric's person.

And from the corner where the smuggler came from, there is a faint spattering sound...

[OOC: Need an Average (2 Difficulty Dice) Mechanics check to get the restraining bolt off. It can also be forced off, but anyone with a background in Mechanics would know this will damage the droid. Anyone wishing to inspect the computer may make an Average (2 Dif. Dice) test to get into it.]
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2018 12:34 pm

Seb looks over Mabel, there didn't seem to be any damage and the smugglers smoking body was a testament to that. He was about to holster the weapon when he picked up the spattering sound, so he cautiously approaches the corner to have a look.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2018 12:53 pm

Braybric looks the man over, but doesnt do anything else. He would live with or without his help, and Nuln had a point.

Instead, he looks for any weapons the man might have.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2018 6:08 pm

Thain finds a key to the locked cabinet after searching the smuggler's dead body. Upon opening the cabinet, he finds a Heavy Blaster rifle with a bipod attached, 6 stun grenades, and 235 credits.

+++++

As Seb rounds the corner to where the crates are stacked in the corner of the warehouse, the spattering noise gets louder and louder. He turns the corner of one crate and sees exactly what is making the sound.

The disfigured, beaten form of a human male sits with his head bowed on a chair. His throat has been cut and the spattering sound is coming from the blood dripping from this final wound to him.

Upon closer inspection, Seb notices that this figure looks rather familiar. In fact, it appears this is the contact that Thain was supposed to meet to go ahead with the arms smuggling. Fexxie Throt.

He sees the smuggling contact's broken blaster upon the floor, but near it, and in seemingly working condition, sits a universal blaster laser sight (Adds +1 Advantage to rolls made with the equipped weapon).

+++++

Braybric is able to see that the street tough has a blaster pistol, truncheon, and some heavy clothing. But other than that, he has nothing of value on his person. He is breathing regularly again, but will be out of commission for a little while at least.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2018 6:20 pm

"Oi, all right then, who needs a shiny new heavy blaster with super steady bipod attachment? Also got some stun grenades which may come in handy. And found 200 credits for us. No big deal."

He is smirking as he hefts the heavy weapon out.

Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2018 10:01 pm

Nulyn eyes the heavy blaster. The blaster itself wasn't what caught his eye though. It was the bipod.

"I could use the bipod. Someone else can keep the rest." Nulyn says before poking his head around the door seeing if anyone was getting curious or not.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 23, 2018 12:12 pm

Seb sadly shakes his head at the sight, he felt nothing for the dead contact but it was a shitty way to go. "Oi Thain, I think this might be our contact..." Seb calls out while gesturing to the corner "...hard to tell with the state of him, he's been tortured and executed."

Taking care not to get blood on his boots Seb retrieves the laser sight before heading towards Thain. "I could certainly use something with more punch. Found a laser sight, think its was out contacts."

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 7:40 pm

Thain flashed his smile at Nulyn. "Yeah. That had 'you' written all over it." He moved over to Seb when his name was called.

Walking upon the scene, he was filled with mixed emotions. "Good riddance. But this could bode poorly for my people. Here." He handed Seb the heavy blaster. "Maybe you could use this on the sons of bastards we need to talk to next."

He checks Thrott's body for anything that might be important - intel, IDs, security codes, money - and then makes his way over to the still living bad guy.

"Wake up, piss head. I have to ask you some questions and you should really, truly consider answering them honestly." He looks back at Tuth to emphasize his point.

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 10:25 pm

Tuth walks over to the R4 unit along with Nial. They both begin to fiddle with it for a few moments, but eventually the restraining bolt pops off and the lights of the R4 unit come back on. His head swivels from side to side taking in the scene for a moment. It didn't quite know where it was. Or what exactly had happened to it or its' friend.

Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 180?cb=20081210181429

It bloops and bleeps a few times in acknowledgement of you taking off the restraining bolt. It seemed rather happy that you had done that. Nial relays this information to everyone. Quickly after, it bloops and bleeps a few more times, which to some sounded like a question. Nial jumps in with a translation.

"It seems he wants to know what has become of his friend."

When anyone tells him what has happened, there are some low hums and beeps that can only be considered as sadness.

There are a few moments where you think the R4 droid won't speak anymore. But soon enough, it comes back and relays some information with lots of bleeps and bloops. Nial once again steps in to translate.

"He mentions that he has been programmed with coordinates to some asteroid field not far from Formos. It can be reached quickly by a craft with hyperspace capabilities. He explains that this is most likely where Bandin Dobah has headed."

+++++

There isn't much on Throt besides his clothing and his discarded blaster that is broken. Everything else must have been taken by those that aren't there anymore.

As Thain finishes his words, the eyes of the street tough open quickly, blinking quite frantically as he looks around at all those gathered and looking down on him. Fear emanates from his body. The Zabrak's voice, however, felt calming for some reason. As if, this was simply a misunderstanding and that he was his friend.

"Um....well...the boys left to...I guess get you guys at the cantina...we was just gonna make you back off...big boss don't like the attention."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2018 12:40 am

Braybric was still crouch over the guy, he had just finished when Thain came up for the interrogation.

He sighed, since Thain woke him up, they could be ID'ed.

"Who's your boss?" he asked in a demanding voice.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2018 3:13 pm

Seb is distracted for a moment as he's handed the heavy blaster, with a skilled hand and eye he unloads the mag before ramming it back in place, the safety is then checked and finally a look down the sights.

Feels good. I shall call you Amelia. he grins to himself as he gives the weapon a last look over. Thain had mentioned stun grenades and seeing as no one else had grabbed any Seb helped himself, taking a couple. He was starting to feel on the up.
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2018 5:48 pm

--Looks like we have a location for our bounty-- the wookie pats the R4 on the head with a smile
--I mean we can keep pushing this guy around to get info on these small fries, or we can scarper with the info and take out the big fish for a nice day bounty--

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2018 8:00 pm

Thain looked at Braybric with one eyebrow raised and his face in mock disgust. "OK, easy there, buddy. Don't hurt yourself."

He sighed and looked back down at the bad guy. "Sorry about that, friend. Now, who's your boss? Why'd you torture and kill Thrott? Answer those two questions and I won't have the Wookie use your head for ass wipe. That's after it comes out the hole."

Thain looks back to Tuth. "My family ain't small fries, you hairy shit! I'm finding out why they killed Throt. THEN we can be on our frackin' way."

Last edited by Iron and Metal on Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2018 5:26 am

The street tough, still a bit shaken by the abrupt way he was awoken, takes a questioning look around at everyone that was gathered around him.

"You guys...you don't even know the guy you are tryin' ta rip off?...frack me...Dobah...you heard of him? That's the big boss man...Daro's just a Lieutenant that is under him...Daro's the one in charge of this warehouse...Throt was tryin' ta bite off more than he could chew...so Dobah had us take care of him...that was all."
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2018 5:37 am

Tuth holds his hands up apologetically

--Was just pointing out, as or friend here said, scum like this ain't big on thinking. Abt other to kill Thot came from this Bodah person, that means Thot's bosses might appreciate him being dealt with, native ease up on your family a bit--

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2018 1:31 pm

Braybric eyes Thain puzzlingly,
"Dobah is the asshole with the bounty."

It wasnt clear if this was a statement or a question.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2018 3:08 pm

Nulyn frowned when Thain woke up the goon. Now he was another problem they had to deal with...

Their contact was dead but at least they got the R4. The astromechs knowledge of the Kessel Run was probably worth more then the blasters in the hold of the Fortune's Gambit... a lot more. That and the Dobah bounty, if they wanted to pursue it, would bring in more credits.

Nulyn ignored the bickering between Tuth and Thain and walked over to Seb.

"Hmm, you might need the bipod more then I do." He says comparing the SKZ Sporting Blaster to the much larger and unwieldy heavy blaster rifle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (IC)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next