A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Prologue - Sublight to Formos

Go down 
+3
Sylphilis
Solodice
mruozu
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

Prologue - Sublight to Formos  Empty
PostSubject: Prologue - Sublight to Formos    Prologue - Sublight to Formos  EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 3:08 am

Boredom. Anxiety. And lots of menial tasks. 

Time moved as slowly as it always did when traveling at sublight speed. Formos was merely a day or so away, but time still dragged when not being able to use the hyperdrive engines to travel. 

The message had come from Thain's...however much he hated to use the word...boss. The one who had a hold on him and his family. The one that always asked him to do a little bit of this and a whole lot of that. This time it was smuggling some weapons through a contact on Formos. All they had to do was simply get them there, meet with the scumbag, and that was that. Fexxle Throt was his name and it wasn't the first time Thain had to deal with him. Thain's family would remain safe. It was a burden. It was infuriating. It was necessary to keep them safe. 

Others understood. They had to because they had their own backgrounds...their own troubles...their own obligations to fulfill in the Outer Rim. Hopefully under the nose of the Empire, to avoid having to grease too many palms. To avoid becoming targets...or at least...more noticeable targets. This wouldn't be the last time the group was called upon to help one of their own, but they'd do it. Hell, they had to do it. 

The ship, a Nova Courier, was still and quiet apart from the hum of the many electrical systems busy to keep it in shape for the journey. It was too quiet for the likes of the Zabrak, the charmer that he was. Tuth kept it going, making sure all was well, making sure they didn't encounter anything they couldn't handle. 

And so it was, at least for the time being, slow and boring. For now.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Sublight to Formos    Prologue - Sublight to Formos  EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 4:31 pm

Nuyln had himself squared away in his cabin. His hunting trophies proudly displayed for all to see. The head of a Nexu, Gundark, Wrix, and a Wampa pelt are the stand outs.

At the moment Nuyln broke the boredom of space travel by going over a species catalogue of Formos. Nulyn didn't have a datapad though... Nial did though. Nuyln had happily acquired it from the Bothan's cabin. He was sure the slicer would come looking for it sooner or later but for now Nuyln would memorize the species of Formos. Especially those who would make a nice addition to his collection.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Sublight to Formos    Prologue - Sublight to Formos  EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 11:08 pm

Braybric sat with his feet propped on the round holotable. Leaning back into the ratty comfort couch he read an old medical journal, though for a few hours now he had only been ready the same page over and over. A milky drink, yet to be drunk, sat by his booted feet on the table and waited for him to use it.

As serene as he appeared, his mind was aflow with memories and questions of tomorrow. Questions of how best to avoid the imperials were forefront. He was laying low, but more and more AWOL troops were being rounded up on a daily basis. Punishment was particularly severe, and practically forced anyone who wanted to end their imperial career to find refuge in the rebellion.

The same rebellion he had not found yet. For now, he would keep his head down and stay with the ship as long as able.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Sublight to Formos    Prologue - Sublight to Formos  EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 1:29 pm

+++ Capacity reached, 99% charge +++
+++ Run internal diagnostic +++
+++ Battery cores capacity is reduced. Repair needed. +++

The eyes of DY-50-N changed from a faint pin prick to a glowing emerald green as he disconnected from his recharge port. There was no need for extensive living quarters so he had requested the smallest room on the ship. The room was spartan, almost empty except for a worn copy of Guns and Ammo magazine which lay on a small table, that and the jack point was all he required. It wasn’t much more than a cupboard. The repairs needed were minor so the priority was set at tertiary, it was not an immediate concern while travelling to Formos. Primary objective was to make sure his new found friends were safe and secondary was to ensure they were comfortable.

The clank of DY-50-N metal feet on the deck were unmistakable as he did his short circuit of the ship, all was quiet so he made his way to the common area. With only Braybric present DY-50-N stomps over to the holotable.
“Good-day sir Rixbarr, are you comfortable? May I be of assistance in anyway?” DY-50-Ns voice is polite, very well pronounciated and eager in tone.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Sublight to Formos    Prologue - Sublight to Formos  EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 9:44 pm

He was jerked from his thoughts, startled at being called out by the droid. He looks at him, putting the medical data pad on the table before taking his feet down.

"No thanks D. Just wasting time until we get this job over and done with ya know?"
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Sublight to Formos    Prologue - Sublight to Formos  EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 5:48 am

Tuth stretched out his arms above his head and let out a grunt. He had been in the cockpit for a couple of hours now. ,keeping an eye on the scanners while they travelled at sublight. Formor was a backwater so he wasn't too concerned about the Empire finding them - and technically they hadn't broken the law yet, but pirates and slavers had been known to hit these routes and unless you had a reputation it probably wouldn't end well, not to mention the bounty hunters although he was sure he got away clean he was still worried he might get his new crew caught up in his troubles.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Sublight to Formos    Prologue - Sublight to Formos  EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 6:13 am

DY-50-N, never wasted time so the concept was somewhat foreign. When there was very little to do DY-50-N would normally recharge or perhaps clean.

“Sir Rixbarr, may I suggest you could be more efficient with wasting your time by sleeping? At the very least allow me to find you a pillow so you can be more comfortable?”
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Sublight to Formos    Prologue - Sublight to Formos  EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 7:21 pm

"Can't believe this crinker is at my neck again. I'm tellin' you, ya big beautiful flying machine, one day we are going to put him in the ground and that will be that. No more of this 'run here,
do this, do that, jump high, run fast,' nonsense. One day, Tuth. We are going to get him."

Thain sat in the cockpit near Tuth, passing the time with his favorite Wookie. Their pilot was excellent, as was the rest of the rag tag crew. Truthfully Thain felt guilty about having to drag them on yet another smuggling run for crinking Fexxle Throt. They knew the score though, and Thain was grateful he didn't have to convince them to come along.

So he complained and he waited.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Sublight to Formos    Prologue - Sublight to Formos  EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 10:36 pm

"No thanks D. Pillows are too soft."

He got up and stretched the sore musculature, then scratched the beard on his chin. "I guess its time I got off my ass and did something anyway. You know how much time we got left before dropping out of hyperspace?"
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Sublight to Formos    Prologue - Sublight to Formos  EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 7:30 am

"hmm. That is of course subjective. Are you saying all pillows are too soft, or do you believe the pillow I offer you will be to soft? If the latter I am more than happy to stuff something hard into it to make it less soft for your backside. I am here to please and protect."

DY-50-N backs up a few paces "I apologies sir, I do go on at times. In answer to your query we are approximately 24 hours from Formos. I shall make way to the bridge to get an update for you."
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Sublight to Formos    Prologue - Sublight to Formos  EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 8:59 am

Tuth looked at Thain and shrugged
--I did say we should pull his arms off-- the Wookie grinned showing his teeth to the Zabrak as he makes a minor course adjustment, not for any major reasons than to feel like he was doing something.
--We need more caf--

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Sublight to Formos    Prologue - Sublight to Formos  EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 11:57 am

No D. Im saying that Im used to hard ground. Civilian life perks haven't caught up to me yet." he replied as he was going through a few quick sketches.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Sublight to Formos    Prologue - Sublight to Formos  EmptyThu Jan 25, 2018 6:09 pm

Nulyn popped out of his cabin with the dataslate in hand as well as his carry case for his SKZ Sporting Blaster. He could of put it together in his cabin but he longed for some personal contact. A long trip like this required it.

"D, Braybric, enjoying the slow ride?" Nulyn says as he plops the blaster case on the ground. "Someone remind me again why we're traveling at sub-light? Not like our hyperdrive is out or anything."

Nuyln opens up the blaster case and takes out three blaster components: the stock, main body, and barrel. He quickly slapped it together. Even though it was a rifle built to take down targets at range it was quite compact and simple. Just how Nulyn liked it.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Sublight to Formos    Prologue - Sublight to Formos  EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 11:46 am

DY-50-N decided to not pursue the conversation with Braybric, some notions of the biological lifeforms were not logical. A cushion was soft and therefore comfortable... his protocols were 'grateful' for Nuyln's interruption.

"Ah, good day to you Sir Nulyn. It would please me to assist you in your query. I was about to take refreshments to our pilot so I will inquire as to the reason for our sub-light speeds."

The butler droid punches an order into a dispenser machine "Would either of you like a hot beverage?"

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Sublight to Formos    Prologue - Sublight to Formos  EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 7:54 pm

Braybric waves D and no as he finishes his milky drink, which had warmed since he poured it hours ago.

"No thanks, this stuff was warm enough as is."

"Let me know what the boss says. Im ready to be done running another shady-shit job." he thought about it, then added, "No idea why. Its not like we got anything better to do."
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Sublight to Formos    Prologue - Sublight to Formos  EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 8:08 pm

"Speaking of the shady-shit job... who wants to pop a container and see what kind of blasters we have? Maybe put them to the test?" Nulyn says with a mischievous smile.

Nulyn looks at Braybric, "Target practice in the hold could do you some good you grump."

The hunter gets up and rests his blaster against his shoulder, "Some water for me, D. You can bring it to the hold."

Nulyn then heads off that way.
Back to top Go down
MedicMarch

MedicMarch

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Sublight to Formos    Prologue - Sublight to Formos  EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 4:41 pm

"Feth! Where's my datapad?!"

Nial rubbed absently at the blaster holstered on his hip. He wasn't used to the extra weight and it chaffed, the fur getting matted below his clothes. The datapad wasn't anywhere in his room - which probably meant that someone had lifted it as he cleaned himself. Maybe there was a perfectly reasonable explanation.

He turned towards the mirror in his cramped quarters. Removing the power pack from the blaster, he stood in  front his own reflection. Suddenly, he drew his blaster, pointing it towards his mirrored face, then reholstered it. He then repeated the motion 3 more times. Hmm. He needed practice...

Reinserting the pack, he turned towards the door. He walked into the corridor to find everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Sublight to Formos    Prologue - Sublight to Formos  EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 4:30 pm

With three drinks on order and only two hands DY-50-N puts acquiring a tray on a tertiary objective, the order of water by Nuyln would wait. Taking two hot, steaming caf beverages through to the pilots compartment the approach of the droid is hard to miss, his metal feet resounding off the metal deck.  

"Sirs!, I have calculated that you require stimulants in the form of caf as I find you in the same spot since I retired for my recharge. The crew grow restless and have queries. They inquire why we're travelling at sub-light speed and an ETA to Formos is required" DY-50-Ns cheerful voice drones on "also I should inform you of a tourney in the hold to ascertain who is the best shot! Finally sirs, is there anything I can assist you with?
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Sublight to Formos    Prologue - Sublight to Formos  EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 9:57 pm

Nulyn entered the hold. It was a hold alright. Beat to shit and needed some paint but no one ever cared about how a hold looks. As long as it did what it was intended to do no one cared.

Nulyn passed by their illegal cargo and pops the lid on one of the cases. [What kind of blasters are we carryin' GM?]

After his curious glance Nulyn quickly spots what he came here for. They were here when Nulyn joined the crew. How they got aboard of why they were still here he didn't know but they were great for target practice.

Nulyn dragged the naked manikins from their corner and started to arrange them.
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Sublight to Formos    Prologue - Sublight to Formos  EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 12:27 pm

Tuth turned to look at the droid and exhaled.

--We are travelling sublight cause Former has limited safe hyperlanes which means the Imps pick up anyone stupid enough to use them. Looks good on reports--

The wookie scratches his neck then shrugs
--But if someone else wants ti pilot and play tag with whatever they have running customs they can be my guest--

Tuth huffs and turns back to his instruments
--And if anyone damages the hold rhe repairs are coming out of their share--

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Sublight to Formos    Prologue - Sublight to Formos  EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 4:43 pm

The hot caf drinks are served as Tuth speaks, DY-50-N taking care around the electrical equipment. Sir Tuth so far was always a pleasure to deal with, his wants and commands clear"As you say sir Tuth. I shall inform the crew as to the tactical reasons from travelling sub-light while simultaneously informing them that they are welcome to have a go piloting the ship and also warning them of the consequences of damaging the hold." before leaving the droid takes a backward glance at Thain "Is there anything you require Sir Thain?"  

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

Once DY-50-N had dealt with the crews needs he heads to the hold. Informing those you remain in the communal area of the opportunities of flying the ship and the reasons for sublight speed.

+Combat protocols+
+++enabled+++
It was not long ago that he was a 'mere' servant droid, and despite the potential credit loss of repairing damage to the hold DY-50-N was keen to see how his recent upgrades performed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Sublight to Formos    Prologue - Sublight to Formos  Empty

Back to top Go down

Prologue - Sublight to Formos
Page 1 of 1