A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)

Go down 
+3
Solodice
Sylphilis
Azza
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 7:07 am

OOC thread for the first Chapter of Trouble Brewing.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 7:13 am

I will be getting up what you gather from your perception checks sometime soon but probably tomorrow. Anyone who wants to get an IC in, do so. Otherwise I will be moving it forward tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 5:40 am

Hey guys, sorry I forgot to do this before, but can everyone please roll a Force die. I forgot to see what our destiny pool is for this mission.

EDIT: And everyone, you strain threshold is lowered by 1 for the mission due to rolling under your obligation limit. Nial will reduce his strain by 2, meaning his obligation has triggered.
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 9:49 am

https://orokos.com/roll/602847

That's one destiny for the heros!

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 10:14 am

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 5:50 am

Haha it just means that I have 1 Dark Side point to use to make your life harder. Not necessarily a fail.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 6:38 am

Looks like it is 5 Dark Side and 1 Light Side to start out with. Remember that anyone can use the Light Side one if they wish to make a test easier or potentially gain some more successes or benefits to a certain roll.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 1:57 am

Alrighty everyone, sorry for the delay. New year started at the kindergarten so its been a bit hectic. Will put that in check in check out next time.

So, are you guys splitting up for sticking together?
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 4:05 am

When does splitting the party ever go wrong

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 3:07 am

Never, that is the correct answer.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyTue Apr 17, 2018 2:48 am

Alrighty, lemme know who is going with who if you guys split up. I will make out the teams that way and then we can proceed.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyTue Apr 17, 2018 3:38 am

Braybric will go with the droid group I guess.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyMon Apr 30, 2018 8:23 am

With the semester winding down, I am interested in picking up Thain again. However, I realize that is not fair on my part. My intention isn't to just stop posting and start up again at my own convenience.

So, with that said, what is most important to me is where other people stand. I think Carn laid it out well enough in the LINE chat.

Is the consensus to call this one or see where it goes?

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyMon Apr 30, 2018 7:59 pm

I'd like to still play.

The one suggestion I have is to just do a hard reboot. We haven't gone very far. Also, as a PbP GM tip, start the group in the middle of something. Starting a meeting, working a job (not sitting on the space ship unless there's something going on ie. boarding, a fight, evading an enemy), or whatever bullshit the group has gotten itself in.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyMon Apr 30, 2018 8:12 pm

I would be down for a hard reboot with the 3P0 unit's head in our possession.

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyTue May 01, 2018 3:09 am

If we're doing that and Mark is cool, I'd like a different character. I'm not enjoying RPing a droid.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyTue May 01, 2018 6:29 pm

Sure sure guys. I'd like to keep it going as long as people are good to go with it. We were just about to get into the thick of it actually. But I will place you guys there with the head and have it pick up.

The reason I started you guys on the ship was to finish up character creation and get those who wanted to RP into it a little, but that seemed to not work too well.

Feel free to get a new character going Carn. If we can get maybe one more person to keep going with us then 4 will work fine.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyTue May 01, 2018 9:48 pm

Well, it won't be much of a game with just the three of us. Doable, but not great.

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyWed May 02, 2018 4:20 am

Iron and Metal wrote:
Well, it won't be much of a game with just the three of us. Doable, but not great.

Not trying to creep, but Zeke's been looking to join another PBP game I believe. This popped up at the top of my feed so I figured I'd drop you a line, if you're interested in boosting your player count.

Sent from Topic'it App

he/him
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyThu May 03, 2018 1:47 am

Send him on over.
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyThu May 03, 2018 2:12 am

I'm still down

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptySat May 05, 2018 9:26 pm

Yeah please send him over. With 4 to 5 players it will be much better. I plan to get this back up and going this week. I'll get a new IC in and get you guys right into it.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyThu May 10, 2018 1:35 am

Has anyone spoken to Zeke? Mark - its probably best if you do that.

I'm holding off rolling a new char until we're certain we're doing this.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptySun May 13, 2018 6:36 am

Well had a busy week and didn't get to it, but Zeke hasn't replied on LINE. Dunno if he is still up for it or not. Anyways, I think we still have 4 which is good to run. As long as we are still good to go, I can get a refreshed update in this week.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptySun May 13, 2018 12:08 pm

It looks like Zeke has been on holiday and just got back. Perhaps hit him up with a PM.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyWed May 16, 2018 2:28 am

Got to him, but he is a bit full up at the moment.

With the 4 of us, we can still get this game going. As long as everyone is still down.

If not, I understand guys. But I'd like to give this another go and revamp it. Do it proper.
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyWed May 16, 2018 2:41 am

--roar--

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyWed May 16, 2018 1:49 pm

Ready to rock and roll.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyWed May 16, 2018 5:09 pm

Lock n' load.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyWed May 16, 2018 5:26 pm

Yeah buddy!

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyThu May 17, 2018 3:48 am

Nice, Carn, get that character ready. We got 5, I must have miscounted. Lets do this.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyFri May 25, 2018 10:32 am

If I wanted to charm this Twi'lek into dropping some info in a flirty stupor, what would I roll and how ould I roll it?

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyFri May 25, 2018 3:38 pm

Charm roll on the server: 3 successes/1 advantage
http://orokos.com/roll/625841

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyFri May 25, 2018 5:07 pm

It's a fairly average test, so lemme see if I take any of your successes away. It's a solid pass in any case but the more successes, the better (at least in combat so I would assume in actions like this as well).

So for the sake of getting the dice under our belt, I rolled 2 difficulty die due to it being a fairly average test.

None of your successes were negated, but 2 threats popped up.

That will cancel one of your advantages and leave another threat out there.

http://orokos.com/roll/625847

This means you are very successful in this test, but something is up. However, that is meta game information at this time.

Most of the time when I ask for specific rolls from your guys and you will roll the difficulty dice along with your ability and proficiency dice, so you will know in advance what has happened. However, your character doesn't know at that time. That's at least how I have interpreted it. Solo is well versed in this stuff, so if I am wrong, lemme know buddy!

So, gimme some IC Jeff to interact with the Twi'lek.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyFri May 25, 2018 6:27 pm

Just for shits-n-gigs, I want to throw out some perception to see what's going on around the bar to make sure no one is getting the jump on us, or looking nefarious, etc.

Perception is 1 yellow and 1 green. And I think I broke orokos with how well I did.

1 success, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph.
http://orokos.com/roll/625858

Please let me bang this Twi'lek.

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptySat May 26, 2018 2:08 am

The difficulty for this, I also put at Average (2 Dice) considering whom you noticed weren't paying attention to you.

There was one threat which cancels your advantage, but you still have a success and a triumph.

PMed you the results. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyMon May 28, 2018 5:57 am

Carn, I like where this is going. Please give me a Charm Roll with a Hard Difficulty (3 Difficulty dice), since she doesn't necessarily see you as saving her, just as another guy looking to get lucky.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyMon May 28, 2018 10:15 am

Mark, if I haven't hit my limit yet, I would like to do another perception test - this time to spot anything in the bar that Thain personally (not being of the super shooty type) could use to his/the group's advantage in the upcoming fight.

Becauseeeee.... there will be a fight. OK, OK, OK, in the super plausible chance a fight occurs.

Perception: 3 successes, 1 advantage
http://orokos.com/roll/626522

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyMon May 28, 2018 10:49 am

I think I have done this right
http://orokos.com/roll/626529 = 0 success, 2 advantage
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyMon May 28, 2018 2:41 pm

Ok, pretty sure what I rolled was wrong. I have a PR (2) and Charm (0) so thats 2 green dice right?

https://orokos.com/roll/626641 = 1 success, 1 advantage
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyMon May 28, 2018 4:15 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
Mark, if I haven't hit my limit yet, I would like to do another perception test - this time to spot anything in the bar that Thain personally (not being of the super shooty type) could use to his/the group's advantage in the upcoming fight.

Becauseeeee.... there will be a fight. OK, OK, OK, in the super plausible chance a fight occurs.

Perception: 3 successes, 1 advantage
http://orokos.com/roll/626522

It's all good, I think Perception tests are helpful in a place like this. Things are constantly changing and what not. Of course, we don't want to overdo it with so many all the time, but I don't think it is too many just yet.

It was an average perception check, with two difficulty dice. Two failures showed up, so you will keep 1 Success and 1 Advantage.

http://orokos.com/roll/626668

I will PM you the results.

Carnelian wrote:
Ok, pretty sure what I rolled was wrong. I have a PR (2) and Charm (0) so thats 2 green dice right?

https://orokos.com/roll/626641 =  1 success, 1 advantage

It was a Hard (3 Dif. Dice) test. However, 4 threats popped up, which means you pass with your 1 Success, you advantage is cancelled out, and 3 threats remain. Seems fitting for what Seb just did haha

http://orokos.com/roll/626671

I will factor that into the next IC I put up.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyMon May 28, 2018 4:56 pm

coercion, untrained.
http://orokos.com/roll/626684
3 successes.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyMon May 28, 2018 10:02 pm

Opposed Discipline Check

1 Success, 1 Advantage.

http://orokos.com/roll/626841

Heath coerces him down. Nicely done.

IC incoming.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyWed May 30, 2018 5:23 pm

Mark, just so you know where I am going with this, going to have the Twi'lek come over and then start chatting with her again. Given our previous interactions, would future "social interactions" be less difficult to pass?

Is that more or less how this system works or is it completely GM discretionary?

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyWed May 30, 2018 9:17 pm

I would imagine it is GM discretion, but shoot, you wowed her before and I am not gonna make you start from scratch. You earned it, so its gonna stay.

She has approached the table again already and has offered to get you guys some more drinks in a previous IC. It might have been missed cause I think I edited it and forgot to mention that. But I will let your post happen before, the beckoning of her. Seems better in any case.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyThu May 31, 2018 11:15 am

Sweet ass butts.

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyThu May 31, 2018 4:19 pm

Everyone who is paying attention to the conversation between Seb and Zukata, make an Average (2 Difficulty Dice) Perception Check.

Dave, Seb can also give me one as well.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyThu May 31, 2018 7:08 pm

Perception Check:

1 failure, 2 advantage

http://orokos.com/roll/627626
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 1:41 am

Perception
http://orokos.com/roll/627711 = 1 suc / 3 adv

From the LINE chat wasn't sure if you wanted a second one...
http://orokos.com/roll/627712 = 2 suc / 1 adv

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 1:51 am

Theres that success I was looking for. Incoming IC.

Advantages will come into play depending on your course of action.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)   Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC) Empty

Back to top Go down

Trouble Brewing Chapter 1 - Finally Formos Forms (OOC)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next