A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc

Go down 
+6
Azza
deaddmwalking
Hydrako
Iron and Metal
Sylphilis
Gurkhal
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 5:07 am

Without giving anything away is it 'definitely failed'? My hope was I'd still have time to identify my contact and deliver the package. That's why I've wanted to keep Ironbound's team together. But if it was Grimm or one of the dead guys, oops.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 5:08 am

Thanks Heath. Love the dedication you put into this game that has been running for so long. You are on top of it.

I wish I could have done more in this mission and the previous one, but real life with moving countries, new jobs, and now the wedding come up has put a damper on all my games. Hopefully, after the wedding on the 23rd this month, and around New Years, once my parents are back in the states, I can get back into this game with better effort on my part. Apologies for not putting as much effort as most.

In my opinion, the mission was great. It had some larger battle elements, which was tactical. It had intrigue (and still does with some more mysterious names for Makradon to research) that brought out some fact-finding. And it had great combat. Combat only would be pretty lame, so kudos for getting so much accomplished in different ways.

Looking forward to the next mission!
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 6:23 am

About the mission

I have nothing but good to say but that it was a fun and varied mission that gav us the oppertunity to use a number of different Skills, so I enjoyed that.

So very good mission, is my verdict of it.

Further thoughts

On personal note it would be fun to interact again with the different characters we came across in this mission rather than we never meeting them again, or hear some of how things went down for them. The cardinal is likely to be very pissed, and so th Ordo Hereticus, and what resulted from us tricking him, to learn how the Blood Drinkers fared when facing down the Hive Mind, what the Guard's offensive finally came to and so on.
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 5:48 pm

I feel that this was probably the best mission yet for the same reasons outlined by Mruozu. There was a good mix of everything, and the large scale battles were definitely my favourite. I also would like to know how the Guard and the Blood Drinkers fared, perhaps even the young lad Hydrako discovered on the perimeter there...
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 7:46 pm

Full disclosure, I did not like this mission as much as the mission aboard the Mortis Thule. To me, that has been the most epic shit we have been a part of so far - lost members, interacted with tons of NPCs, took out epic enemies, interacted with the environment constantly.

Having said that, I really did love this mission. Our interactions with the NPCs felt like they mattered, and that means a lot to me as a player. So, like others have said, I would really love to see these NPCs come up again. Furthermore, it did offer a lot in the way of skills outside of combat which is sorely under-used in Deathwatch.

I wanted to get a lot out of my requisitioned gear, and I feel like I was able to (spotter's goggles, baby).

As a team, I feel like we worked really well. DDMW killed it as a leader - good strategies and not being a complete cunt IC which I totally expected, which in turn forced more character development not just on Cassiel but his relationship with Lucius for sure.

All in all, this was my favorite mission aside from the Thule which set the bar extremely high.

As a GM, you're still killing it. You're fair, listen to players, draw realistic boundaries, and put a lot of effort into your storylines. Couldn't ask for more.

Cheers.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 11:50 pm

deaddmwalking wrote:
Without giving anything away is it 'definitely failed'?  My hope was I'd still have time to identify my contact and deliver the package.  That's why I've wanted to keep Ironbound's team together.  But if it was Grimm or one of the dead guys, oops.

Im going to have to send a PM.

Mruozu wrote:
Thanks Heath. Love the dedication you put into this game that has been running for so long. You are on top of it.

I wish I could have done more in this mission and the previous one, but real life with moving countries, new jobs, and now the wedding come up has put a damper on all my games. Hopefully, after the wedding on the 23rd this month, and around New Years, once my parents are back in the states, I can get back into this game with better effort on my part. Apologies for not putting as much effort as most.

In my opinion, the mission was great. It had some larger battle elements, which was tactical. It had intrigue (and still does with some more mysterious names for Makradon to research) that brought out some fact-finding. And it had great combat. Combat only would be pretty lame, so kudos for getting so much accomplished in different ways.

I totally understand that things got Crazy for you. No worries.

Gurkhal wrote:

About the mission

I have nothing but good to say but that it was a fun and varied mission that gav us the oppertunity to use a number of different Skills, so I enjoyed that.

So very good mission, is my verdict of it.

Further thoughts

On personal note it would be fun to interact again with the different characters we came across in this mission rather than we never meeting them again, or hear some of how things went down for them. The cardinal is likely to be very pissed, and so th Ordo Hereticus, and what resulted from us tricking him, to learn how the Blood Drinkers fared when facing down the Hive Mind, what the Guard's offensive finally came to and so on.

From running my IRL game years ago, I found that this game tends to skew towards power gaming, so I try and include non combat tests (such as lore) as much as possible. Im playing with the idea of returning to Castobel later on down the line to finish what you started, so many characters may return. Im hoping that the cardinal can be a recurring antagonist. I really like the idea of guys who aren't "bad guys" but don't have your best interests at heart and wouldnt mind seeing you gunned down by a firing squad.

Iron and Metal wrote:
Full disclosure, I did not like this mission as much as the mission aboard the Mortis Thule. To me, that has been the most epic shit we have been a part of so far - lost members, interacted with tons of NPCs, took out epic enemies, interacted with the environment constantly.

Having said that, I really did love this mission. Our interactions with the NPCs felt like they mattered, and that means a lot to me as a player. So, like others have said, I would really love to see these NPCs come up again. Furthermore, it did offer a lot in the way of skills outside of combat which is sorely under-used in Deathwatch.

I wanted to get a lot out of my requisitioned gear, and I feel like I was able to (spotter's goggles, baby).

As a team, I feel like we worked really well. DDMW killed it as a leader - good strategies and not being a complete cunt IC which I totally expected, which in turn forced more character development not just on Cassiel but his relationship with Lucius for sure.

All in all, this was my favorite mission aside from the Thule which set the bar extremely high.

As a GM, you're still killing it. You're fair, listen to players, draw realistic boundaries, and put a lot of effort into your storylines. Couldn't ask for more.

The Thule was amazing. Its in future works as well.
Story is my main focus here. I try to give the NPC's life and motivations of their own, not always an easy task. Having said that, as far as gameplay goes, Ive said it before but Im trying to make it challenging. Its boring if you constantly mow down enemies by the thousands, then rinse lather repeat. Due to the chaotic nature of the game its a difficult task. I expected the last monster to wallop Ambrose with ease, but he couldn't scratch him.
Also, the Exocrine and death cult assassin's were scratch built from the ground up, any feedback on how those guys did would be appreciated.

Thanks guys. Your the reason I run the game and Im glad we get to explore the Jericho Reach on seas of blood. I only wish we could run the games faster. I always have ideas for missions and character's going through my head, but as long as it takes to play, I have to pick and choose the best ideas.
Your gonna love the next 2.

Also, I have a query. Who would be opposed to moving the timeline forward? This wouldn't happen now, but later on.
Ive been looking at maps and the newer lore and found a hook that has excellent bait.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 15 EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 7:10 am

I'd love to see a jump in the timeline at some point.

Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 15 EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 7:19 am

I'm ok with a timeline jump.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 15 EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 8:37 am

I'll second the good notes from the others; though admitedly, I missed most of the mission.

I dont mind timeline jumps; and I think I know what recent lore you refer too. However, it will depend on how long the jump is. Sapiens wants to return to his home chapter eventually. If the jump is as long as I think it could be (like 100+ years) I would be less of a fan.
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 15 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 11:58 am

OK gonna use an Intimidation test to get Carus to come with us. Failing that, it may come down to a grapple lol

St 50 + 5 Scrimshaw talismans = <55
77 = 3 DoF?
http://orokos.com/roll/686024

FP reroll
91. You cannot be fucking serious
http://orokos.com/roll/686025

What do I have to do to grab this kid and drag him with us?
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 15 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 2:09 am

http://orokos.com/roll/686185
3 dof, Carus begins backing away.

You could always just take him, or try again later if they are going with you anyway?
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 15 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 10:46 am

Oh they are coming with us? That makes life a little easier. I'll try again later then
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2018 6:13 am

I don't think it will matter because the Inquisitor likely have quick draw, but Bleda will keep doing the "Delay" and be ready to intercept any attack from any source directed towards the Ironbound that he can see coming.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2018 10:23 am

If the Inquisitor attacks Ironbound, we are going to fucking murder the shit out of her. Inquisitor or no, she couldn't hope to withstand the onslaught of pain we would bring to her world.

And you best believe Lucius would immediately patch through to Ambrose; "THE WARBOSS IS IN GOLD!"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15