A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General OOC

Go down 
+8
blackadder
Iron and Metal
bobarctor1977
Murcurie
Sylphilis
MmmTasteIt
Theoretical
Threebad
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

General OOC - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 11:59 am

7 CP --> 19 total
2 DoS WP
http://orokos.com/roll/758667

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 3:34 pm

So I've passed the threshold of 10 for corruption so I have to make a WP test or take a malignancy...

https://orokos.com/roll/758694 = 6 vs 47, pass!!
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2019 11:47 am

Luckkyyyyyyy

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2019 2:22 pm

http://orokos.com/roll/759004
failed by 2 dof,
http://orokos.com/roll/759006
1 on the corruption

3 total.
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2019 12:57 pm

http://orokos.com/roll/759283
http://orokos.com/roll/759284

1DoF on the wp test, but a perfect 10 on the cp.

11 cp added to my sheet.

And Malignancy test. 61 vs 44. Hooray http://orokos.com/roll/759285

Damiel gets a witch mark, easily concealable, but could have deadly consequences if found out by a zealous witch hunter. http://orokos.com/roll/759286

Last edited by Murcurie on Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2019 1:06 pm

Murcurie wrote:
http://orokos.com/roll/759283
http://orokos.com/roll/759284

1DoF on the wp test, but a perfect 10 on the cp.

11 cp added to my sheet.

You passed a corruption threshold (Pretty sure its every '10'), so another WP test or a roll on the malignancy table
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2019 1:20 pm

Oh sorry Dave, I was editing it when you posted lol
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2019 1:52 pm

heh, sorry. I just love those malignancy rolls... and mutations, insanity, psychic phenomenon and perils.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2019 6:24 pm

Everyone who fought on the moon, go ahead and take 600 XP.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2019 11:56 pm

How much did I get for bday since she didnt die, surprisingly?
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2019 5:41 am

200 xp, Heath

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2019 9:55 am

Now that we have some off-time, I want to get some cybernetic upgrades. What is that process? Just finding the right person for the job and going through with it?

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2019 11:34 am

Iron and Metal wrote:
Now that we have some off-time, I want to get some cybernetic upgrades. What is that process? Just finding the right person for the job and going through with it?

It's just an acquisition roll, right?

But first you need to RP and debrief with Torquemada. Then I will let you loose on the hive to buy whatever you want and pursue anything else you like.

he/him
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2019 11:37 am

Or requisition roll...

In any case after debriefing with Torq you should get a boost to influence. How much that boost is depends on how impressed he is with your summary of the mission!

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 10:36 am

OK awesome. I am getting a post in now. I always try to make my XP purchases based on the previous mission. Like learning how to dodge would have been something Felyx took to heart lol. But it's hard to remember all the little nuances of cool shit we did and how to grow from where I was weak. #PbPProblems

So, having said that, if anyone has any ideas for something very fitting for Felyx for an upgrade (talent/skill/cybernetics), I am all ears.

Right now I am thinking: Bionic Heart (after the rock crushing his chest) and a Logis Implant (Extremely fitting for his PC concept)

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 9:01 am

As a note on your last post Nate, I'm curious what you mean by the station collapsing into a warp hole. Not sure if thats technically correct or even incorrect, I sort of left it open-ended that there was some warp fuckery happening on the planet and things were getting unstable. Just want to make sure everyone is on the same page

he/him
Back to top Go down
MmmTasteIt

MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 12:57 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
OK awesome. I am getting a post in now. I always try to make my XP purchases based on the previous mission. Like learning how to dodge would have been something Felyx took to heart lol. But it's hard to remember all the little nuances of cool shit we did and how to grow from where I was weak. #PbPProblems

So, having said that, if anyone has any ideas for something very fitting for Felyx for an upgrade (talent/skill/cybernetics), I am all ears.

Right now I am thinking: Bionic Heart (after the rock crushing his chest) and a Logis Implant (Extremely fitting for his PC concept)

Part of the bionics thing is that you need a chirurgeon to implant them. Conveniently... you know a guy.
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 8:48 pm

Jeff, do you have Total Recall? Seems fitting for the mechanically minded researcher
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 10:51 am

Everyone can go ahead and take an influence bump of 2.

Possible downtime activity - forging connections inside the inquisition with other members, getting chummy with the folks at the armory? As a way to boost influence. Just an idea, totally spitballing here.

he/him
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptySat Oct 05, 2019 8:07 am

I updated in response to Felyx's question, and now you are all free to pursue acquisitions or chill around the hive. I will advance the plot in roughly a week's time.

he/him
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptySat Oct 05, 2019 8:10 am

Some downtime activities you may pursue:

- Spend time with priests to lose corruption at the cost of sanity

- Spend time in private meditation and prayer to lose insanity (or other suitable restful activity)

- Spend time with a specific group to gain peer talents with them

- Spend time in a library to gain a specific lore talent

------------

Additionally, every character gets 3 acquisition rolls. Feel free to wait until after the next mission briefing to use them or use them now.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptySat Oct 05, 2019 8:06 pm

Some elective surgery? lol.
Ill still need to req the bionic right?
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 4:22 pm

Sylphilis wrote:
Some elective surgery? lol.
Ill still need to req the bionic right?

Correct!

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 6:06 pm

Quote :
- Spend time with priests to lose corruption at the cost of sanity

- Spend time in private meditation and prayer to lose insanity (or other suitable restful activity)

I am going to do all of these - all involving the cult mechanicus, of course

Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 9:47 pm

Going to try for a power sword. -30 inf test.
Inf 32 - 30 +10 <12. Rolled 19. http://orokos.com/roll/762085

Regular sword? +10
Inf 32 +10 +10 <52. rolled 45. http://orokos.com/roll/762090

I'll hang on to that last roll until we get our mission briefing.

EDIT: Also, Damiel would like to go talk to the ecclesiarchy, both to remove his corruption and to talk to them about reaffirming his faith and his fears of the warp.

EDIT 2: with the +10, I'll miss the power sword but will get the regular sword.

Last edited by Murcurie on Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 11:18 pm

I dont have infl on my PC sheet. Are we using a group level or did I miss something?

Anyway, he's my rolls for bionic arm, scarce (-10) common craftsmanship (+0)
Stimms (scarce -10)
Flak cloak (scarce -10)

http://orokos.com/roll/762143
Not knowing my influence, the bionic is up in the air, I get some stimms (3 I assume?) and fail for sure on the armor.
Back to top Go down
MmmTasteIt

MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 4:54 am

Marius checked his chrono; time, it seemed, had gotten away from him. He had an appointment with Torquemada in the near future and needed time to steel himself for the encounter. "On second thought," he said abruptly, "I don't have time to discuss this. Felyx, you'll have to continue without me; I have a meeting with Torquemada and I wouldn't want to keep him waiting, you know."

He gave a curt nod and left before Felyx could get a word in edge-wise. It would be better for the tech-priest to NOT know Marius' intentions.

---Torquemada's Librarium---
Marius paced outside the hermetically sealed vault doors, waiting for the haze of lho smoke to dissipate. He didn't want to risk any damage to the various texts Torquemada had assembled; it was generous enough that Torquemada had offered him access to the knowledge and Marius did not wish to disrespect such generosity with carelessness. It was well enough that he had a moment to collect his thoughts before entering given the information he was seeking.

As the air finally cleared, one of Torquemada's assistants appraoched him. Marius handed over the dataslate Torquemada had given him, proving that he did, in fact, have authorization to access the librarium. The assistant gave what Marius assumed to be the standard words of caution: Marius had only the time listed and no longer to study. Removing any texts for further study was strictly forbiddon. Texts in the main chamber were fair game, but the sealed chamber was off-limits. Any attempts to access it without authorization would be reported to Torquemada and were grounds for immediate termination, both figurative and literal. The assitant, interposing himself between Marius and the entry terminal, entered his credentials and opened the doors. Marius nodded thanks and entered, waiting for the assistant to leave before continuing. While the information resources of the inquisitor were vast and fruitful, they were not what Marius was seeking. His query was far more... specific. And it was best if none but he and Torquemada knew the details.

He approached the hermetically sealed near the rear of the chamber. Taking a deep breath, he entered the temporary access code that Torquemada had provided him, waited for the doors to unseal, then stepped inside. As the doors hissed shut behind him, he felt his pulse quicken. Marius' experiences during the mission had shaken him. While he had become used to the occasional intrusive thought, the regularity with which they had occurred during their mission had, quite frankly, frightened him.

Intriguing

And, he had to admit, fascinated him. But learning more about the effects of the warp and it's denizens upon mortal flesh was not something one could do without the sanction of a powerful member of the Holy Ordos. Fortunately for Marius, he had access to just such a person. He moved slowly among the shelves, squinting through his spectacles at the faded words upon the spines of the various books and codices. He needed very specific information, preferably penned by more sane minds of the Ministorium. Though it was wise to abhor the mutant, the heretic, and, in this case, the daemon... there was one tenet of his training that he held above such wisdom: Know Thy Enemy.

He finally settled on a realtively thin text - On the Appropriation of Daemons Most Foul Into the Realm Material - and took a seat at the room's singular desk. He took a moment to mumble a prayer to the Emperor, asking forgiveness for the dark necessity of this blasphemy, before starting his work.

---

Last edited by MmmTasteIt on Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 5:05 am

Couple things of note - everyone gets a +10 bonus to acquisition tests on account of being in a densely populated hive

2 - only one downtime activity per player per downtime period, I imagine each activity as something that happens over a considerable portion of time. Today you have 3 days in the hive and would presumably continue said activity aboard the ship en route to your next mission.

he/him
Back to top Go down
MmmTasteIt

MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 6:07 am

As for requisitions... let's handle the simple one first:

Combat Shotgun, because ye olde "Mauler" is serviceable but not awesome.
http://orokos.com/roll/762177

Welp, not surprised there. 36 v 94, a million DoF

Second one, components for the production of Slaught. My assumption is that you can synthesize slaught from various medical supplies that would show up in a medics pack. So Marius can acquire those a bit more easily (+10) under the guise of getting them to add to his med-kit. Since Slaught is scarce, that puts it at average (+0) and I'll add the +10 for our location.
http://orokos.com/roll/762177

Much better. 20 v. 46, 3 DoS

And... I'll save the last one until I know what our next mission looks like.

+++Crafting+++
So the rules are supremely unhelpful when it comes to crafting. Here are the things that can be said for certain about crafting Slaught from components:
-It takes 2d10 hours and requires 8 Extended Test Successes
-It uses the Medicae Skill, rather than the Chymist skill.

And...yeah, that's it. So here are the things that need clearing up:
-How many doses can be produced from raw materials?
-How do extended tests work?
-How do successes and failures impact the production process?

The internet isn't even particularly helpful on this question, so I'll dig into the rules for other game mechanics to try and clear it up.

-How many doses can be produced from raw materials?
I assume that it's a 1-to-1 ratio; 1 dose of each component substance = 1 dose of synthesized substance. But when you acquire the raw materials, how much do you get? Seems like it'll follow the rules for drug & grenade acquisitions:
"[successful acquisition tests] for grenades, drugs, and other single-use items garner one item, plus one extra for every degree of success on the test beyond the first."
Using my requisition as an example, this would mean Marius has the raw materials to produce 4 doses of Slaught assuming he succeeds in crafting it (1 for successful requisition, 3 for the DoS)

-How do extended tests work?
THEY DON'T. *ahem* What I mean to say is they don't work very well. Reading the RAW, it appears that crafting drugs would work as follows:
-You make 8 skill tests over the course of 2d10 hours.
-If you succeed on all 8 tests, you successfully create a dose of the drug.

The environment wherein you craft the drugs determines your modifiers. Again, the rules are unclear here, but it looks something like the following:
+30 - Crafting the drug in a state-of-the-art facility with numerous trained chymists
+20 - Crafting the drug in a well-stocked and staffed facility
+10 - Crafting the drug in a hab-lab
+0 - Crafting the drug with a clear workspace with no assistance
-10 - Crafting the drug in a poorly set-up environment with no assistance
-20 - Crafting the drug in an open environment without a workspace or assistance
-30 - Crafting the drug quickly in an unstable environment with significant distraction

Sticking with Marius' current situation, I assume that Torquemada's HQ will count as a well-stocked and well-staffed facility. So he'd have a +20 to the Medicae tests.

For Marius to successfully create the 4 doses of slaught, here's what it would look like:
-Over the course of 8d10 hours, pass 32 Medicae tests.

Fortunately for Marius, he's an exceptional medicae: he gets a +50 to the medicae test (+10 skill, +20 talent, +20 environment), meaning the roll to beat is a 90. Pretty good. So what are his chances? We start by calculating the liklihood of him passing 8 consecutive medicae tests. With a 90% success rate for any individual test, he has a 43.04% chance to successfully produce 1 dose of slaught in one round (2d10 hours) of crafting. So let's look at the chances of him creating multiple doses:
-2 Doses: 18.5%
-3 Doses: 7.9%
-4 doses: 3.4%

That's right: Even at a 90% chance to succeed any singular test, he only has a 3.4% chance to successfully create 4 doses from his raw materials. But what if I'd just tried to acquire slaught straight up? The difficulty of acquiring it under the circumstances I'm using is 36. So, using the base acquisition rules and DoS...
-2 doses: 36%
-3 doses: 29%
-4 doses: 19%
-5 doses: 9%

Huh. Even with extremely good circumstances and skills, it turns out that you're 7% less likely to get a single dose, but WAY more likely to get multiple doses.

Applying this to other forms of crafting isn't an exact science, due to the chance (or lack thereof) of losing raw materials, but no other crafting skill has a talent that can boost your skill by +20, which makes the likelihood of success far lower. I'l leave it at that for now.

---
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 7:27 am

opposed commerce test: 1d100 33

Skinner passes the opposed commerce test. Not sure exactly what that means, but probably not great for Felyx?

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 2:46 pm

It just means he gets a -10 for any requisition tests with her specifically. Time to purchase commerce!

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 1:01 am

http://orokos.com/roll/762413
Looks like my influence is 28, did we get any increase after this mission?

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2019 9:18 am

As stated in LINE I am offering the group an additional 3 influence - so your influence should now be a total of 5 higher than your starting influence.

he/him
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2019 11:34 am

Shittiest bionic arm is free, the others will necessitate someone spend 1 acquisition roll. If they fail you can always fall back on the shitty bionic arm, but then you'll be out one acquisition roll.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2019 3:50 pm

Requisition...
Custom Grip for my claymore - rare -20
Enforcer Light Carapace - rare -20

https://orokos.com/roll/763004 = 47 & 10 vs 30

Got the carapace.

I'll have my final attempt for the custom grip again...
https://orokos.com/roll/763005 = 88, nope.

Happy with my armour. I'll think up some IC for it

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 7:49 am

I need to look through and really decide on what bionics I am trying to acquire. What's the deal with acquisition rolls - how many can we make?

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 9:01 am

Iron and Metal wrote:
I need to look through and really decide on what bionics I am trying to acquire. What's the deal with acquisition rolls - how many can we make?

You can make 3 acquisitions, though if anyone is interested in forgoing other downtime activities I would probably allow you to roll 1-2 more.

If there is anything super basic you or anyone else wants to acquire, just ask for my permission and you can have it without making an acq test.

he/him
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 9:01 am

(or spending one of your rolls)

he/him
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 2:51 am

bobarctor1977 wrote:
Shittiest bionic arm is free, the others will necessitate someone spend 1 acquisition roll. If they fail you can always fall back on the shitty bionic arm, but then you'll be out one acquisition roll.

If we get any adds after creation (5 in this case) then I got the bionic. Common craftmanship
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 4:38 pm

Bionic Heart roll for Skinner Inf 39 -10 (commerce lol) +10 (hive) <39; rolled 63/no go

I want to try again for a bionic heart in the city, but I would like a Calculus Logi Upgrade - aside from its technical boosts, it will allow Felyx to suck just slightly less at speaking. Sometimes writing in his fucking vernacular is time consuming lol

Still working on my standard three requisitions. He did excessively well with his ordnance choices. As such, I want to start building him as an impromptu demo guy.

Aside from praying at the Omnissiah's Shrine to reduce corruption, I would really like to have one of our fighters train Felyx with las weaponry via RP. That way he can actually use his Hell Pistol that he acquired last mission. If not, he might just use it for trade to get one of his cybernetics.

Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 10:56 pm

Sounds like a plan. Damiel is more than willing to help.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 6:51 am

Iron and Metal wrote:
Bionic Heart roll for Skinner Inf 39 -10 (commerce lol) +10 (hive) <39; rolled 63/no go

I want to try again for a bionic heart in the city, but I would like a Calculus Logi Upgrade - aside from its technical boosts, it will allow Felyx to suck just slightly less at speaking. Sometimes writing in his fucking vernacular is time consuming lol

Still working on my standard three requisitions. He did excessively well with his ordnance choices. As such, I want to start building him as an impromptu demo guy.

Aside from praying at the Omnissiah's Shrine to reduce corruption, I would really like to have one of our fighters train Felyx with las weaponry via RP. That way he can actually use his Hell Pistol that he acquired last mission. If not, he might just use it for trade to get one of his cybernetics.

Sorry, little confused here - how many requistions are you rolling for in total?

I am totally cool with anyone receiving some weapons training at torquemada's headquarters, there is undoubtedly a firing range there and a weapons expert willing to train on everything aside from exotic or xenos weapons.

Though for time constraints one downtime action = acquiring one specific type of weapon training.

he/him
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 11:17 am

As a reminder, everyone gets 3 total acquisition/requisition rolls (I can never remember what it is called in dark heresy!!) and 1 downtime action.

You may forego your downtime action for 1 additional acquisition/requisition.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 11:44 am

So downtime actions are really for learning obscure skills/talents where we need to find some kind of resource to learn the skill from right? Even though all skills/talents are technically open to all due to how aptitudes work.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 12:01 pm

Carnelian wrote:
So downtime actions are really for learning obscure skills/talents where we need to find some kind of resource to learn the skill from right? Even though all skills/talents are technically open to all due to how aptitudes work.

Yes or learning a talent or skill without spending XP.

I imagine that peer talents, lore skills etc. that you gain during downtime do not cost you XP.

Reposting, with some annotations:

- Spend time with priests to lose corruption (1d5)

- Spend time in private meditation, praying, or another restful activity of some sort to restore sanity (1d5)

- Spend time in a library to gain a specific lore talent

- Get weapons training for certain weapon types by training at Torquemada's firing range

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 12:50 pm

bobarctor1977 wrote:
Iron and Metal wrote:

Sorry, little confused here - how many requistions are you rolling for in total?

I am totally cool with anyone receiving some weapons training at torquemada's headquarters, there is undoubtedly a firing range there and a weapons expert willing to train on everything aside from exotic or xenos weapons.

Though for time constraints one downtime action = acquiring one specific type of weapon training.

This was a test for the bionic heart vs. Skinner. If there was time, I would also like to go out and try my luck in the hive - though it seems as though that may not be an option. As such, I will make another attempt at a cybernetic with Skinner.

Calculus Logis vs 39; rolled 14
http://orokos.com/roll/763898

NICE!

EDIT: Bionic Heart in the Hive vs 49; rolled 20
http://orokos.com/roll/763901

For standard gear, Felyx had some success with his grenade tosses, so... Firebombs are plentiful - can I just get three of those to pack away?

I have one more requisition attempt, but I don't know what the group really needs. I'll hold onto my last for the time being.

Last edited by Iron and Metal on Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 2:40 pm

bobarctor1977 wrote:

Might I suggest this allows you to gain a matching aptitude or if you already have two a 50% xp discount on gaining a skill/talent.

Not that people would abuse it, but I'm of a mind that Egill would spend time training with his blade to gain Blademaster for free. Thats 600xp for free.

This seems overly mighty for a bit of down time. However, it would allow us to advance some more as we like which in a slow burn pbp game might not be a bad idea.

Even something like weapon training can be a lot of xp for PCs that do not have the aptitudes.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 4:53 pm

Carnelian wrote:
bobarctor1977 wrote:

Might I suggest this allows you to gain a matching aptitude or if you already have two a 50% xp discount on gaining a skill/talent.

Not that people would abuse it, but I'm of a mind that Egill would spend time training with his blade to gain Blademaster for free. Thats 600xp for free.

This seems overly mighty for a bit of down time. However, it would allow us to advance some more as we like which in a slow burn pbp game might not be a bad idea.

Even something like weapon training can be a lot of xp for PCs that do not have the aptitudes.

I'm sorry, I fear this has gotten terribly confusing, or perhaps I miscommunicated myself.

No, I am not letting players pick any skill or talent and get it for free. I meant that players can get a single Peer talent, Lore skill, or the specific talent Weapon Training for free. Then you must RP accordingly, and this will constitute a use of your downtime action.

Here are a list of talents and skills you can pick up, should you choose to spend your downtime action in this manner:

The talent Weapon Training, in one of the following categories:

• Bolt
  • Chain
  • Flame
  • Heavy
  • Las
  • Launcher
  • Melta
  • Plasma
  • Power
  • Low-Tech
  • Shock
  • Solid Projectile

The talent Peer for a specific group. The chosen group must be within reason, rather than transcribing the entire list please just ask me what group you're interested in.

Common & Scholastic Lore Skills - again rather than transcribing the whole list ask me about what you're interested in. Most should be fine.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 11:54 pm

What will my IC for my acquisition get me? Peer (gang)? lol.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2019 12:03 pm

Jeff, confirm - are you wanting one member of the party to train Felyx or do you want someone from the inquisition to assist?

For most of the downtime activities here I am thinking y'all can just role play on your own. I was about to respond to your latest IC but realized that will only bog down the game, when you can just RP your own acquisitions/actions and craft your own narrative for this little bit.

Heath, you don't get anything aside from the arm for that IC lol. If you want to get chummy with anyone in the underworld here you can use that to gain Peer (Underworld) though. Just IC being friendly or consorting with them

he/him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

General OOC
Page 15 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next