A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General OOC

Go down 
+2
mruozu
Mac_tonite
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

General OOC Empty
PostSubject: General OOC   General OOC EmptySat Jan 13, 2018 4:28 pm

Life happened, but i'm ready if you guys are. Clean up those character sheets, give me character goals, and complete those sheets so none of your backgrounds say "pending". Define your characters with your current xp buys, but make them make sense. I need to work on the NPC's master list and locations, which will be a process...but let's do this.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

General OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC EmptySat Jan 13, 2018 6:24 pm

Woohoo! Glad to have you back buddy.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

General OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC EmptyMon Mar 11, 2019 8:47 am

Can everyone (those still with us) give me a quick rundown of your PCs role within the group (Face/Tank/Support/etc) and your rough approximation of their alignment were this DnD? I think that will help me better conceptualize the group in my mind.

Sammus: Tau Firewarrior; Hybrid between DPS ranged and Team Buff (markerlight/suppressing fire with Ra'va); Chaotic Good (Farsight Enclaves & no Ethereal/Has encountered true evil and knows good must prevail no matter the cost)

If you want to keep your alignment secret, that's cool, but I think we're all veteran enough to not metagame it.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

General OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC EmptyMon Mar 11, 2019 9:59 am

On character alignment, this is definitely a mandatory addition. I want to base some xp off of staying true to your character and reacting to situations within character. As “well no shit” as that sounds, it helps me better write scenarios and npcs to specifically interact with you guys.

On your role in the group, this is a tool we can all benefit from. It’s a resource that lets you draw IC information from an outside source without metagaming. The group of characters have been together long enough to know Sammus is capable of XYand Z, but as the players, you might need this information as a reference. Roles are secondary to strong characters in my personal preferences, so don’t feel the need to have to have another role just because it’s already taken. Play your character first and foremost. If you’re a “healer” who only lends their services for a price, then stick to the character and never compromise it for the “role”.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

General OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC EmptyTue Mar 12, 2019 6:22 am

I would say Reiner is support with a lot of his new powers, but he can still literally kill someone who fails a test against his eye if it has more than 20 Intelligence, so he has some power. He isn't tough or strong though so no tanking. Probably more melee oriented though, due to his personality.

Although he may seem Evil in some regard, I would say that Reiner is more Chaotic Neutral. Cares mostly about himself and doesn't care much for morality. Doesn't mean he won't help out, just so long as he can get what he wants in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

General OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC EmptyTue Mar 12, 2019 2:55 pm

Olivia: Human Seneshal; In combat Olivia is generally the non speciality tank, her power armour able to soak up a reasonable amount of damage and she is able to give out a certain amount too but though she has the weapons she is just above average when it comes to combat.
Her true skills are more as the face of the group, both in her ability to talk, making deals and processing information.
Alignment: Lawful Good At her heart Olivia has a very negative relationship with her family and her former life, which has its own effects on how she lives. Her loyalty to the crew and steadfastness in the captains laws represent the only certainty she still follows. This rather fragile support structure leaves opportunity for weakness.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

General OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC EmptyTue Mar 12, 2019 5:36 pm

I know this is open to interpretation, but I would argue that having no concern for morality is a clear indicator of evil rather than neutral. Getting what he wants in the long run, again seems more like an evil trait. Maybe even lawful evil if his code is to ultimately serve his own ends.

Reinier seems like "The Dominator" lol

https://geekandsundry.com/from-lawful-good-to-chaotic-evil-a-multi-fandom-character-alignment-chart/

Olivia's seems spot on. I had a hard time with Sammus. I want to be Lawful Good as well, being a Tau with clear priciples/leadership/following set examples to achieve success etc. But being Farsight and a deserter pushed him into the Chaotic camp.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

General OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC EmptyTue Mar 12, 2019 10:54 pm

Minear, Human vehicle guy. Alignment: Lawful evil?
I saw Lawful evil because he is totally dedicated to the pedro and the captain, but he has some twisted plans in mind for the fleet mistress.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

General OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC EmptyWed Mar 13, 2019 2:20 am

Alright, I have been convinced. I would say Reiner is indeed Lawful Evil. He does still hold certain values high up in his mind, such as loyalty, honor, but he doesn't care for much in the way of doing things in a peaceful or good manner. Lawful evil it is.
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

General OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 11:14 pm

Role wise Roland i feel is Support/Healer/Skill monkey?

Alignment wise i think he would lean towards Lawful Neutral or Chaotic Neutral?

Along the lines of doing his own thing for his own goals (learn all the tech!)

Edit: And kinda crafter?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

General OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC Empty

Back to top Go down

General OOC
Page 1 of 1