A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)

Go down 
+4
mruozu
Sylphilis
Iron and Metal
Mac_tonite
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 13, 2019 4:38 am

Olivia had moved through the corridors with her normal easy grace, seeming to not notice the various crew members that she passed. Her slow and relaxed pace gave an impression of calm indifference, an old habit from many such walks on her home world and since. She was used to being stared at, both blatantly and the obvious averted look from those aware of who she was, or due to her facial scars. Whether from pity, disgust or a fear of association, there were many reasons that she attracted attention.

As much as she presented the opposite, this kind of attention still affected her, a weight on her shoulders that never shifted. This walk though. She had not experienced its like in many years. The magnitude of feeling from the crew was beyond anything she had felt from them before, comparable to that first walk on her home world following her rescue from the Dark Eldar. It was not a memory she was fond of returning to.

Unbidden she felt the desire to look back over her shoulder, a strong feeling that there was something just behind her. Something in step with her, waiting to tear and slash. Something expanding and building in blackness....

It took all her will to keep her walk slow and relaxed and not to turn around. Just one step after the other. Just one step after the other.

Stepping into the briefing room, her face was an opaque mask, slowly scanning the contents and various personnel and giving them a short nod of greeting as she moved up to join the others. Her eyes took in Erik's haggard appearance, the lifeless form and the cloaked figure, and showed no particular reaction to any of these. Instead as she reached the table, she gave a graceful short bow to the Captain, while her brain rapidly shifted through various strategies. It was not certain that something was wrong, but all evidence of this room was not positive. How forward should she be and how reactionary? How carefully should she tread?

"It is good to see you again Captain. I have not had the chance to survey the ship today but all of the crew I saw on the way here were busy with the various tasks and duties."
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2019 4:52 pm

Roland had made his way through the warren of corridors, usually only used for maintenance and tech priest business. He saw very few in those areas, so it was easy to tell if he was followed.

He wasn't worried if people had seen him anyways. Tech Priests were always seen in all corners of the ship and no one would think it strange.

What was strange was this recent message. All the senior officers had been worried about and waiting for it, but it was obvious the captain wasnt in a good place...

With these thoughts in his mind, he arrived at the briefing room.

"Nobody questions where a Tech Priest goes in a ship...but also no, i was not. About time. Now whats going on? And who is that?"
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 5:26 am

Reiner stood in the shadows next to the Captain, listening to them all come in and hearing their various words slither into the room. Some were helpful and others were vague. It was a time of great misfortune aboard the Pedro. A time that favored working together instead of acting as a lone wolf. It was time they got it sorted, time to step back into the light from the darkness and to bring them all the glory and fortune they deserved. By any means necessary.

He brought his hood down slowly after the last of them entered and stepped into the light revealing his true form to them all once again. Since their last meeting, he had tested the waters of his Navigator abilities and, as with all things, sacrifices were needed in order to gain even more. An unnatural presence pilfered into the room causing all gathered to experience strange sensations. A cloying touch to the skin, a whine in their ears, or a strange metallic tang in their mouths. He looked at them with his completely black eyes and gave them all a smile. His teeth were sharpened with pinpoint precision into daggers that could tear into the toughest flesh. Any hair that had once been there was gone and his pale flesh was completely hairless. He breathed out of his slits and blinked a few times.

"Welcome, my friends, it has been far too long. We most certainly shouldn't wait that long between visits. I was practically bursting at all of my seams."

At this, he reaches down and caresses the front of his cloak, shuddering in a fine moment of ecstasy. It passes and he opens his eyes once again.

"There will be time for more pleasurable activities later. I think we should get right to, eh Erik? Don't you think its time they all knew why our little ship is in such disrepair, both physically and mentally?"
Back to top Go down
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 12:18 pm

Erik takes another long draw from his lho stick and looks to each of those who enter.  The Captain's once smooth and gathered demeanor, was replaced with neurosis. As his eyes jerk to each of you as you enter the room, he makes ready to speak before being interrupted by Reiner.  Rubbing his temples, Erik immediately raises his voice, drowning out any further word's the mutated creature has to say.

"Do not presume because you have information I cannot fathom, that you hold any weight in this room.  I tolerate your presence, abomination...only because recent events!"

Erik stands and glares at Reiner as he passes. Making his way towards the center of the table, The Captain tears off the white sheet, exposing the twisted form beneath.  Hibi's face was contorted, his natural eyes appeared white.  The Pedro's navigator was dead.  The only sign of physical trauma was the singed crater in the middle of his forehead, that now replaced the Navigator's third eye.  

"This....this, thing..."

Erik motions towards Reiner.  The Captain did nothing to hide his disgust for Reiner's mutated form.

"..found him in his quarters.  Before any of you state the obvious, I too suspected it to be too convenient.  Reiner, as well as Cass however, have informed me that something ruinous has made its presence known.  I admit that I am no expert in things so vile, but the evidence is there.  I've woken to whispers in the night.  I've seen the form of my mother's disembodied silhouette pouring herself a glass of amasec."

Erik's lip quivers slightly as he speaks, but he composes himself quickly.

"I've been told the gellar field holds strong.  Whatever is aboard my ship, has been awoken from within."

Erik places emphasis on the word "my", before turning to regard Reiner with a glare.  The Captain return's his attention the the rest of you before speaking in a defeated tone.

"Unless one of you decide to sprout a third eye by this evening...I've no choice but to appoint this....thing, my navigator."

Erik flicks the spent lho stick to the corner of the room and crosses his arms as he looks to you

"Cass is in his quarters as we speak, consulting with The Emperor's Tarot.  I expect him to have something that resembles an answer soon."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 5:44 pm

Sammus watches with interest. When Reiner reveals himself, somehow more hideous than before, he is torn between whether or not he should put the creature down. Was he truly a friendly? Erik's words confirmed that he was - the new Navigator. It was a term of utmost import to the gue'la. But clearly it also brought with it a sense of revulsion.

Sammus still had so much to learn of the humans, their mutations, the ones they hated and brokered no sympathy towards and the ones they nurtured. He was glad there was no such similarity among the Tau. He attempted to respond diplomatically.

"I mean no offense when I ask my next question. Are we to be tasked with hunting an apparition aboard The Pedro?"

Nonsense.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 10:59 pm

Minear was taken aback.

Reiner!? This didnt look anything like I remember....

Of course!, Mutation. A curse of the navigator gene, was taking its toll on the navigator. Its curse was a tad more nefarious than Hibi's end, however.

"It sounds like the choice has been made for us." Minear says to the appointment of Reiner.

"Shall I have the Ramune-guard mobilized? If something sabotages key areas of the ship, we will have much more to worry about than a single bilge rat."
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 5:30 pm

Roland had looked curiously at the changes in Reiner. Part of him was repulsed but it was also interesting seeing the changes mutation could impose on a body.

His eyes look to the corpse, and his eyes dont leave it as he replies.

"We can start to scan the ship if it is some lifeform. If it is also corrupting the Machine Spirits, then it is vital that we find it."

He looks back to Reiner.

"What do you know Reiner?"
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2019 3:15 am

As Reiner revealed himself, Oliva gave him a gracious nod.
"Its a pleasure to have you join us again."
She was courteous, but did not expend too much energy. There were obviously more important things to discuss. His new appearance had certainly been a surprise to her, his appearance less human than she had perhaps ever seen. However she was far too well trained to give any appearance of this.

While the others spoke, she took a step closer to body of their former navigator and then leaned closer to examine it, paying special attention to its head and the wound. Was this due to an attack from the warp or could there be a more prosaic reason for his death?
Her need to examine the body wasn't for purely informational reasons though. The Captains words had woke far too family memories in her and she needed a physical action to gather herself again.

It couldn't be happening again could it? The Warp making its presence apparent on their ship, picking off the crew one by one? Every face waiting to twist into that of foul evil....

The tendons showed clearly in her hands as they gripped the table. But beyond a still rigidity in her face, nothing showed and after a blink she regained herself. This situation was different, they were not becalmed in the warp, while its denizens tried to force their way in. As the Captain had said, the Gellar field still held.
Could it though be an different situation altogether? She was not discounting their new navigators word offhand, but there were different ways that something might awaken in one of the crew, and the daemonic thought inside might be powered by a mortal body. It didn't escape her that a part of her wanted this as it would preclude what she had experienced in the past. However it was best to be methodical about this.

Standing straight again and stepping back from the table, she faced the rest of the crew again.
"Hibi's loss is a serious blow to this ship. We must ensure that there are no more unnecessary deaths. While I agree with both of you, Reiner and Roland that we must root out that which is responsible for this I would advise caution."

She turned to the Captain as she continued.
"I know it won't have escaped you Captain, but considering the levels of tension and our current situation pre-repair I would advise that knowledge of this attack should no go beyond this room and those trusted to keep silent. So while all of my colleagues make good suggestions, I would suggest doing so subtly. It would also be useful to investigate the scene of the crime."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 5:15 pm

Sammus listened to the rest speak, but found himself nodding only when Olivia spoke. She was the only one thinking three steps ahead, and for that he was infinitely glad to have her on the team.

He found himself staring at her scars again, but looked away before she could notice. He wasn't fascinated or horrified by them. He had seen more scars than most in his lifetime. Instead, he found himself wondering what they felt like would that he could run his fingers across them.

He chided himself for the thought and brought his mind back to the task at hand.

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 12:56 am

Reiner smiled with such ecstasy as Erik abused him with his harsh words. It was all too pleasurable to have such punishment from the man. He walked over to look down on Hibi's form once again.

"Hibi was a mentor to me, a friend so to speak. Navigators have their failsafes against the Warp and all its...manifestations. But, it would appear he was taking on more than he could handle. His body could not handle the pressure from it all. That is likely why his Navigator eye is missing completely. An explosion of power through his third eye. This incursion is still here, I would bet. Roaming around the ship, invading us all and not in a good way."

He winked over at Roland, before turning back and looking at Olivia.

"Olivia speaks well. It is ultimately up to our captain, but I will keep this between us if you all will?"
Back to top Go down
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 12:34 pm

The personable man you had all known was replaced with an irate pessimist. Despite Erik's paranoia though, his intellect appeared to still remain intact. Erik responds to Sammus with a shrug.

"Call it what you will, Sammus; I just want it eradicated.  I understand your people are not as accustomed to ailments of the warp as others are.  Make no mistake though, they are very real and exceedingly dangerous."

Turning his attention to Minear, Erik nods sharply.

"Do what you believe necessary.  Shipboard security is your specialty, but keep them on a leash. It is no secret that the Rammune have been engaged in reckless activities.  I'd expect a former pirate to be able to control a group of former pirates...I hope I was not mistaken in allowing them to be pressed into service."

Erik's eyes dart towards Roland.

"I assume you mean to imply physically scanning the ship Mr. Roland?"

Finally, the Captain turns his attention to Olivia. Olivia was his most trusted adviser and despite his current state, this is reflected clearly on the Captain's face.  As she speaks, his features soften and he nods at her every word, not unlike the Tau present.

"Agreed, Olivia. I've no intentions on crippling morale any further.  The Rammune must not know the nature of their increased patrols.  Cass and...."  Erik pauses as his brow furrows. "Silberthorne... should have more information.  I trust you all in your areas of expertise to not require micromanagement on my end.  Find the root of this, and dispose of it with few casualties, and even fewer damages to my ship.  Requisition whatever you need to conduct this investigation. "
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 12:55 pm

Sammus bowed as Erik finished his response. He briefly thought back to the apparition he and the others had destroyed upon that wrecked ship floating in the void. In fact, the thought sparked a new idea in his mind.

"Understood. The Tau aboard will double their night patrols and guard activity under the pretense of becoming battle ready over such a prolonged space voyage. They will know nothing else. On the matter of ship repairs, we may have an option none have considered yet. The floating wreck upon which we earlier explored... it may be worth returning to. We weren't exactly a salvage team and it surely has enough intact pieces to be of use to the technicians repairing our vessel. It won't be without danger, but at least it will be a goal for the ship's crew to focus on while we are dealing with this internal problem."

[I am referring to the ship that had the Ebon Geist on it. It serves two purposes here - occupy an idle, mutinous crew and potentially provide the promise of salvage; if this ship was destroyed and I am remembering it wrong, I will amend this post]

Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 3:03 pm

Her examination of the wound had been fruitless. With her very limited medical knowledge she hadn't expected much but there had been a chance she might have perceived something. However it looked the same up close as it did from a distance. A hole burned through the centre of his head.

If her fears were not allayed by examining the corpse, she was at least somewhat assured by Erik's responses. He was clearly under a great deal of strain but his replies indicated he still had his wits about him. The Captain was clearly still at the wheel, even if he was going to struggle to move away from it. It was time for the rest of them to step up. There was a momentary quiver through her and her shoulder suddenly burned. Who was she to think she could take control? Her flesh was weak and she was naught but ash inside. Withered and dying....

Trying to ignore that insidious voice, she nodded back at Erik.
"We will act as you decree Captain. We are your will manifest aboard this ship, and will brook no failure"

Looking over at Sammus, she offered him a half smile.
"That wreck had escaped me. I am in agreement though that an excursion out to it would be beneficial both in material and morale.
For myself, I would like to start with Hibi's quarters."

Nodding at Reiner, she continued
"Perhaps you could join me when you are free and we could discuss with Cass any additional details which you have."
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 9:20 pm

Reiner let his hands delicately flow up to his face, caressing his cheek for a moment and then resting beneath his chin. He closed his eyes for a few moments and then cracked them open. He turned to Sammus first.

"I do not know much of this wreck you speak of, but I will gladly support your idea. Lesser minds tend to wander when not put to work..."

He turned his attention to Olivia.

"That would be most fruitful, I would imagine. We simply must get to the bottom of this, lest we all succumb to the disastrous temptations of the Warp."
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 10:47 pm

Roland had been watching the others inspect the body, and his eyes flicked up at the word of a space wreck.

"I would be very interested in investigating this wreck you speak of...as for searching the ship, I will start immediately and see what i can find."

He turns to leave but pauses.

"Captain, Reiner...do you have any ideas or clues as to what exactly we have on board? Any information could possibly help..."

While he waits, he moves over and gives a quick glance over the body.

"Please have the body sent to the Medicae Office. I will look into this further later."

Last edited by DonQwaf on Thu May 23, 2019 11:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 11:07 pm

Minear stays silent, awaiting for the captain to give the command.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2019 2:28 pm

Sammus briefly directed his attention at Minear. Erik had given them all orders, but Minear just stood there staring at the captain.

Is he going to make a move? Surely mutiny was not within the security chief's character. But it was an odd time, and at times like this humans did odd things.

Back to top Go down
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2019 2:43 pm

Erik locks eyes with Minear and blinks periodically.  Holding what almost appears to be a brand new bottle of amasec in his hand, Erik looks over his shoulder...then back to Minear...then to his left...then back to Minear...Its clear the Captain heard the rest of you speak, but his attention is entirely on the voidmaster. He squints his eyes in utter irritation and holds a finger up.

"Now....I might be drunk as shit right now....but i'm pretty sure I just implied something that resembled a question towards you Mr. Dragun..."

Erik turns to Olivia

"Olivia....did I not just ask this man a question?"

Erik turns his attention back to Minear.

"....Or is that little haircut of yours plugging your ears?  I'll ask you...ONE...more time....can you keep the Rammune under control, or will I have to send them on a little field trip, TO THE FUCKING VOID OF SPACE!!"

Despite his outburst, Erik composes himself.  Clearing his throat, he adjusts his collar and smooths out his jacket.  It was a pointless, gesture given his current disheveled look.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2019 8:57 pm

Minear bristles at the undue outburst.

"No sir. The rammune can be kept on a leash."

With that he turns and heads towards the rammune gang leader in the security offices area.

He finds Drex and two of his officers playing a game of cards.

"Drex! The captain tells me that you and your friends have been a nuisance. He is not very pleased. I kept you and your fellow men alive because I saw tenacity and the will to defy the odds. The captian hears differently. What say you?"
he barks at the security officer. It was time to show him why many of the crew slunk to the side when he was about. He was a hardliner and a stickler for propriety, he would suffer no less.

Back to top Go down
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2019 12:04 pm

Erik waves Minear off.  Stroking his chin with his index finger and thumb, he ponders Sammus and Olivia's words before nodding.

"You have my blessing to return us to that heap of rubble.  Approach with caution, and let's try not to repeat the events that occurred the last time we were there.  Remember your priorities. I want whatever this thing is, off of my ship.   I will have the Rammune transport Hibis' body to the Medicae.  Roland, are you capable of performing an autopsy?

With that, you were left to prioritize your actions while Erik briefly consulted with The Pedro's new navigator, in preparation to return to the derelict vessel you had encountered months earlier.

Drex and his two Lieutenants appear as if though they are about to snap to attention when the voidsman enters the room, but immediately pause when he begins barking.  The three men instead, seem to become more relaxed and continue playing cards.  The former pirates, mercenaries and cutthroats who made up the Rammune had modified their uniforms to be far from uniform.  All three men had removed the sleeves from their issued BDU's. Various blades and trinkets hung and clung to their garments, giving the Rammune the appearance of scum...which is exactly what they were.

Drex finally cracks his neck from side to side before standing slowly.  He was an imposing man.  He stood broad shouldered, at least a head taller than Minear.  His hair was a wild mess of dreadlocks, with various beads fitted to the end of each.  Drex's arms were made of solid, corded muscle, adorned in scars and tattoos from a hard life.  As Drex stands to his full height, his chest is square and his fists hang clenched at his sides.  The other two officers follow suit and slide their chairs out, squaring up and locking eyes with Minear.  With a single gesture from Drex, the other two men slowly retake their seats, their hard gazes never leaving Minear.  Drex glares at the voidsman.  Minear catches the glint of several metallic capped teeth as the man speaks.  

"With respect Sir...and very little of it at this point, I have to say me and the boys are beginning to wonder what our incentive is for remaining on this vessel.  We agreed to serve under you, and it's been a fine ride so far.....but Emperor's tits am I sick of hearing you bark.  Me and the boys are beginning to wonder if you're any more than just words and a pretty haircut...again....with respect, Sir."

Drex's words, as sarcastic as they were, were no joking matter.  The pirate's gaze remains locked on Minear as the other two men watch with grins from their chairs.  Minear's method of command has worked thus far on Naval ratings and servants of the Imperium, but it is clear Drex and his men would no longer remain loyal under these current conditions.

"Now here's the deal, sir....We've got a nice little gig here working for you, but in this corner of the stars, we run on respect.  You talk to me and MY boys like animals anymore, and we'll just see how well this ship operates after a few accidents.  But if you step up and command these men with a combination of balls and brains, then maybe this conversation doesn't leave the room."

Drex tilts cocks his head to the side and places his hands on his hips.

"What say you?"
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2019 1:02 pm

Sammus bows. "I will accomp'any Roland if he is able to perform an au'topsy. I do not know much of human ana'tomy. But I do know some of science. Per'haps it is time I put it to use."

He was very interested in witnessing the Tarot reading, but knew most of it would be lost on him. So, he takes his leave assuming the others had nothing to say and heads back to the Tau section of the ship. He consults the commanding officer, informing him only of the need to increase patrol frequency under the pretense of keeping both the gue'la and Tau forces in line.

[Assuming that doesn't need any rolls...]

Finally, he makes his way to the officers' medicae.

Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2019 1:15 pm

Olivia's eyes tracked Minear as he turned on his heel, and exited the room quickly. There was certainly no shortage of feeling about today. Turning back to Erik, she attempted to pour a little oil on the troubled waters.
"Minear might be slow to reply sir, but few are quicker to carry out your orders."

As the Captain spoke again, she listened carefully to him and Sammus. A strong part of her would like to have accompanied him but it was clear that they all had different tasks to complete and they would be finished faster individually.

"I will investigate Hibi's quarters first."
Nodding first at Reiner, she continued
"We can reconvene afterwards with Cass and discuss further. Perhaps afterwards we might pool our information."

This final sentence and final nod was towards Sammus, her eyes on his for an extra second before she turned and made her formal exit to Erik, and moved on towards Hibi's cabin.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2019 6:54 pm

Mine are rubs the bridge of his nose between his thumb and index finger.

Drex's head had gotten too big for his shoulders.
"I picked you up as prisoners, I saw potential in your tenacity. I could honestly say I was impressed. But I told you when you were conscripted that this wasn't a free ride. I needed an enhanced security detail and I wanted you to fit the bill."
He sighs, resigned.

With a fluid motion he reaches to his hip and draws his naval bolt pistol as fast as he could muster. It was on Drex as fast as it lift it's holster.
"I am dissapointed" he says as he fired the shot.
Back to top Go down
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2019 12:15 am

Erik sits alone at the table, his elbows resting on the ancient wood as he steeples his fingers and presses them to his lips. Lost in thought, he waves away a servitor who approaches with a gilded tray of fresh exotic fruits. Olivia was right....she was always right.  Minear had been with him for as far as he could remember.  He knew he could always count on the voidmaster’s sound decision making....

Drex’s eyes go wide as he stares in disbelief at the smoking barrel of Minear’s bolt pistol.  At point blank range, the mass reactive round passes through two layers of naval flak armor, before exiting Drex’s lower back.  The round detonates helplessly into the plasteel wall behind him as Drex clutches his lower abdomen, just between his left hip and umbilicus.

“You son of a bitch...you’ve got balls after all.”

One hand on the wound, Drex quickly draws the hand cannon at his hip and brings it up, firing at Minear....
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2019 1:09 am

Reiner watched as the others left, staying silent and still for a few moments longer with the Captain. The events of the past few days, weeks more like, had been horrible to say the least and he was at least pleased that the Captain was getting back to his usual self. A navigator needed a good captain. And if he were to regain any standing for his family, an exceptional captain was necessary.

He exits the room last, making for the tarot reading from Cass. He wished to see what she had figured out and perhaps he could take than information to the others with haste.

He knocks on the open plasteel door, slowly making his way into the room.

"I do so hope I am not bothering you, my dear, just coming to see what you have come up with. Dazzle me with some information, will you?"
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2019 4:44 pm

Roland had waited but not heard anything useful from the captain. He had not seem him like this before, and with everything going the way it was, this did not bode well.

He would task some servitors with checking things. They were always around and tended not to be noticed by anybody. He would also need to communicate indepth with the Machine Spirit...If something was messing around with it, then they were all more than in trouble...

Before he knew it he was back in the medicae. He had started prepping his equipment, when the body had arrived.

He had finished readying his equipment when Sammus had arrived.

"Welcome Sammus. You can of course observe, but if you wish you can assist me? Either way, shall we begin?"

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 13, 2019 11:27 am

Sammus bowed and went through the sanitation process. He knew the danger of germs and bacteria in a static environment - that much was as true for the gue'la as it was for the Tau.

"My understanding of human anatomy is not... great. But I do understand basic medicine as it pertains to battlefield applications. I am sure the cadaver will not mind if I cut something I am not supposed to though." He attempted humor, but was ready to assist when and how Roland asked him.

Back to top Go down
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2019 10:47 am

Drex's hand cannon barks, sending a large armor piercing slug into Minear's right leg.  The round tears through cloth and armor alike, embedding itself deep in the muscle tissue.  Minear is hit with a .50 caliber charlie horse as a wave of pain induced nausea washes over him.  The hot slug embedded in his quadricep sent jolts of discomfort as the muscle tensed around it.  

Drex has little time to followup however, as a second bolt round cuts through him again. His own right leg is ripped from underneath him in a gored mess.  The pirate falls forward onto his chest as he let's out the most masculine scream he could muster...but a scream nonetheless.  With the femur shattered, and the leg only holding on by mere threads of sinew, the pirate remains prone with his hand outstretched.  The hand cannon lies in front of him as he groans, helplessly reaching for the weapon.

The two Rammune Officers watch as their former commander wails helplessly in pain.  Utter shock overcomes the first of the officers as his mouth hangs open and he does....nothing.  The second officer is overtaken by rage instead of the fear that crippled his comrade....or the mangled leg that quite literally crippled the man he so endearingly called boss.  He stands quickly, kicking the chair from beneath him and draws a rather large, serrated blade from a boot sheathe....

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++Initiative+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Minear 11: Wounds 6/13 with 4 critical damage to the right leg
Drex 11: Has taken  17 wounds , leaving him at 5 critical damage  (effectively incapacitated)                                                  
Rammune Officer (A) 10:  5 m from Minear.  Overcome by shock for 1 round.                                
Rammune Officer (B)   7:  Standing 5m from Minear armed with a mono knife....contemplating life.
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2019 11:36 pm

Roland chuckled.

"Indeed haha! Thats where every great surgeon started no doubt!"

Roland gives a quick look over the body.

"Hmm well at least it still looks in mostly the same condition as when we last saw it..."

He starts to pick up the tools, and starts the procedure, dictating as he goes, naming tools and uses, as well as saying what he is doing as he exams the body, pointing out parts of the body, and at the same time, asking about the differences in anatomy between humans and tau.
Back to top Go down
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 16, 2019 12:15 am

*****Cassius’ quarters*****

As Reiner approaches, the door to Cass’ room was in fact...not open.  Leaning against the wall adjacent to the Pedro’s flamboyantly spry Astropath’s quarters was a rather large man.  Diamas Char exerted an air of authority.  Barrel chested and broad shouldered, the ex-imperial guardsman turned personal bodyguard and bruiser to Inquisitor Uriah Silberthorne regarded Reinar with a narrow gaze. Weathered skin and calculating eyes suggested decades of experience; as did the man’s unflinching gaze at Reiner’s horrific form.  Sporting a salt and peppered buzz cut and handlebar mustache, Char’s militant background was apparent.

As Reiner approaches, Char pushes himself from the wall he was leaning against and folds his arms over his chest, better exposing a pair of peculiar pistols slung under his armpits in a shoulder rig. The Imperial agent cracks his neck from side to side before stepping forward to meet Reiner, and to stop him in his tracks. A man of few words, Char holds a hard gaze with the mutated Navigator before speaking.

“Slow yer step, twist. Boss said nobody comes in.”

Char places emphasis on the derogatory term reserved for mutants.  The soldier stands between Reiner and the entrance to Cass’ room.

Spoiler:

*****En route to Hibi’s cabin*****

As Olivia moved toward’s Hibi’s cabin, the Pedro boomed with life as usual.  Despite the poor state of morale, Olivia was met with a warmer welcome then the others.  It was difficult for most to dislike the Pedro’s Seneshal who beamed with a natural charm.  Able to mingle with the most uptight of nobles and lowest-born hive-scum alike, Olivia commanded through respect, unlike Minear who’s cooperation was coerced at the end of a whip.  Despite their opposite styles, each commanded Erik's operations nonetheless.

The air grew colder.

Olivia bows her head as she passes the Van Der Grausses, a nobalite couple from Acartan who had booked passage on the Pedro years ago, and never looked back on their former lives...their reasons were their own.  Rumor had it, they continued to funnel money into the Pedro’s resource pool in exchange for discretion regarding their location; Olivia knew these rumors to be true.      

The air grew colder

A squad of Naval Ratings pass Olivia in the halls, the Officer and her men snapping to attention in a domino effect, before continuing on their way.  Olivia had never heard Major Vess complain once when her men were moved to second string behind the Rammune in Shipboard operations.

The air grew colder

Olivia passes a young woman in the hall who meets her with a faint smile and a curt nod.  As the girl’s lips part to speak, Olivia expects to hear a passive pleasantry, but is instead caught off guard by the whispers of a language she hadn’t heard for years…a language that brought terror with it.

*In Drukhari* "His search, is neverending....."

Spoiler:

****The Medicae****

The room was sterile, by Imperium standards at least.  Sammus would have preferred the stark white, well lit atmosphere of a Tau’s workplace, but it would have to do.  Hibi’s corpse was entirely nude, lying face up on the plasteel gurney.  Even with two eyes closed, and his third missing, the Navigator’s face carried a hint of torment that likely followed him into whatever afterlife was waiting.

Sammus and Roland prepare to begin exhuming the body, when the doors open.  She was tall, confident and flanked by two medical servitors.  The two of you recognized her as  Sorella Kessik, the ship’s chief medical officer.  She wore a white bodyglove that clung to a frame that some might call voluptuous, or what Vehr’sek would call….loin elongating; a term he clearly added to his vocabulary overtime.  Over her bodyglove, Sorella wore a black apron adorned with various scalpals and medical tools.  Her blonde hair was pulled up in a tight ponytail as her blue eyes pierced into yours. Her hands placed on the hips of her hourglass figure, she blows a loose strand of hair out of her face before speaking.

“Do you really mean to do this without me….?
Back to top Go down
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 16, 2019 12:28 am

*****Officer's quarters*****

The brute, not so former pirate charges Minear, slashing towards the voidsman's throat, but catching nothing but air.

Minear's wound ached with red hot pain, but the other 2 men were now his prime targets. one was obviously not happy with Drex's demise. The other looked too stunned to know which decision to make.
"He has been executed for insubordination. Now's your only chance to not follow in his wake." he says in a commanding voice, Aiming his pistol at the lumbering brute.
"Last chance!" he says, but it was too late. He was already set upon. He fires a shot, but the pain from Drex's last stand drew off his aim. The mass reactive round hits the reinforced bulkhead and causes the chamber to rattle with a deafening sound.

Mouth agape, the usurper in training seated in his chair appears to be in shock still as he tries to disregard Drex's groans of pain.

Hellbent on ending Minear's life, the Rammune officer lunges forward, attacking without abandon.  Coming in with another downward slash of his blade, the Rammune soldier grits his teeth in anger as he failed to connect once again.  The rage induced assault had left the man completely vulnerable...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++Initiative+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Minear 11: Wounds 6/13 with 4 critical damage to the right leg
Drex 11: Has taken  17 wounds , leaving him at 5 critical damage  (effectively incapacitated)                                                  
Rammune Officer (A) 10:  5 m from Minear.  Overcome by shock for 1 round.                                
Rammune Officer (B)   7:  In melee with Minear
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 16, 2019 10:14 pm

Roland had started to describe the different tools and what they were used for when the door opened and Sorella walked in.

He nodded to her and made no effort to hide his glance at her body before offering a reply.

"Sorella. I apologize but we are under the Captains orders. If the captain clears you, then i would be happy to discuss this later, but right now, I will need to ask you to leave."

He didnt think this incident was well known, even to the chief medical officer, so he wasnt sure about the situation.

He had to give the benefit of the doubt though, as this was her medicae.

He gave a glance to Sammus, before returning his focus to Sorella and the servitors.

Last edited by DonQwaf on Thu May 23, 2019 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2019 7:47 am

In the Medicae

Sammus turned and bowed, keeping his four-fingered gloved hands up to avoid contamination with the smock he had been provided.

"Apolo'gies Chief Medical Officer. Our a'cquain'tances have not yet been met. I am Shas'ui Sammus'hai Montyr. The humanz have taken to calling me 'Sammus,' if it pleases you."

He cast an eye at Roland after his exchange. Briefly he wondered if there was former bad blood here, or if Roland was simply being a gue'la's waste disposal organ. He decided not to intervene yet. But Roland was not wrong; they did have orders from on high. He would bring that up if the situation escalated.

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptySat May 18, 2019 12:57 am

Reiner blinked his eyes an abnormal amount of times and puckered his lips outwards like a fish towards the meaty man before him.

"Uh huh, I see pretty boy. But which boss might that be, hmmm? Being the new Navigator on this ship allows me a certain level of authority. And my boss, the captain that is, would love for me to go into that room. So be a dear, please, and move aside."

He scooted his hands in the air towards the right, hoping to usher the big man out with his words. The eye would come next if need be.
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2019 1:36 pm

There was a moment when Olivia's heart seemed to stop. Those words.. That language seeming to cut into her with only its sibilance. Faintly, far far away, she could hear the screaming start again.

However. She had survived him. More or less anyway. She was standing again. She still had her mind. She wasn't going to fall just to this echo.

Turning she looked fully at the girl. As rigorously trained as her childhood might have been, she hadn't been able to help her face jerk with surprise. It did mean though that she had been able to return it to a state of calm indifference. Lifting an eyebrow she replied in the same alien tongue

"It doesn't sound like He is very good at finding things then, if his searching never stops. A bit of a failure really."

She paused for a second before resting both hands on her weapons and returning to her native tongue.
"Now miss, I'd like you to walk in front of me. I'm going to guide you to somewhere a little quieter."
Back to top Go down
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2019 4:06 pm

As the air grows colder, Olivia can see her breath with each exhalation. A dull ache throbs from deep within her as a tinge of metal builds up on her tongue.

The girl stops abruptly, her body jerking from the inertia as she slowly turns to face Olivia. Her eyes were solid black orbs, pouring tears that ran down her cheek and dribbled to the floor.  The sound reminded Olivia of blood dripping...a sound she was all too familiar with. The girl’s mouth hangs open and quivers, her lips unmoving, yet a deep, condescending laugh escapes. The sound came from deep inside, appearing to funnel out of her throat and through her open mouth like a gust of wind escaping a cavern. Then came the voice...a voice that did not belong to the woman in front of Olivia....it belonged to him. It was a deep voice...teetering on the verge of ecstasy. In the voice of Khelriza Lae’ozoh it spoke, but it was not Khelriza Lae’ozah...Perhaps for the first time in her life, Olivia had wished it had been.

“Are you startled, pet? Is this the voice that haunts you as you drift off every night cycle into unconsciousness? Is this the voice that causes you to stir as I caress your flesh...as I feel you breathe....as I watch you while you slumber......?”

The girl’s lips do not move, but the voice of nightmares was clearly coming from inside of her. Despite the fear that followed with it, there was something erotic behind each lingering word. The woman slowly shambles towards Olivia, quizzically tilting her head in erratic jerks with each question, reminiscent of a canine quizzically trying to understand the words of its master.

“Do you fear him....or do you crave him, pet?  I think you crave him....lust...I watch as you stand in the mirror, summoning the same pain he caused you years ago....Would you like to reunite with him?  I could show you the way to his embrace....you need only give me your consent.”

The girl, almost corpselike, continues towards Olivia....
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptySun May 26, 2019 4:16 pm

Olivia was frozen, her body suddenly so rigid it was as if it had never known movement at all. Her body no longer belonged to her anymore. All she was aware of was the sight of the stumbling figure and the sound. The sound of his voice. The sound of terror made real. The sound she had convinced herself that she would never hear again.

And then the dam burst and she stumbled back, her empty hands moving empty in front of her. Fear frantic, yes but also a strong almost overpowering longing. A want for it all to over, to have control wrested from her. To no longer have to run again.

As the panic pumped, her brain blinked from thought to thought. It was in this frantic skittering that realisation hit. This woman was no willing agent, she couldn't be- couldn't make that voice appear. She was being controlled. And if the Captain was right, it could only be from within the ship. It was so hard though to hold on to this, as the raging waters of her mind tried to pull her down, down...

"I...no... Get away from me. Get away. GET away."
Back to top Go down
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptySun May 26, 2019 8:10 pm

*****Reiner*****

Char’s eye twitches as Reinar speaks. Disturbing as the Navigator’s visage was...and his voice...and his mannerisms.....Char’s reaction was pure disgust, not fear. Reiner could tell before he even finished his words that Char wasn’t about to budge. The uptight brute takes a deep breath through his nostrils as if to pacify his anger. His eyes narrow as he speaks bluntly to Reiner. His disgust so strong, and so sincere, the man of few words speaks more then anybody has ever heard him speak before.

“God-Emperor, I hate you...not even a little...a lot. Don’t even know you and I’ve made up my mind that your death would more than likely bring me to climax. I would rather stroke off an Ork, then ever look at you again....Boss said no one comes in until it’s over. That....”

He jerks a thumb towards Cass’ cabin.

“....is off limits to everybody...from your Captain, to twist freaks.  If Silberthrone and that prissy boy astropath asked to not be disturbed, then they ain’t to be disturbed. Now do yerself a favor twist, and go navigate your ghoulish arse out of my face.”

Char ushers the air, to Reiner’s right.

*****Olivia*****

The girl reaches her hand out as if begging Olivia for help. Just before she is about to touch the seneschal, her black eyes turn white and roll back.  Without warning, the girl drops to the floor, her mouth foaming as she begins seizing violently. A cold laughter fills the surrounding area as Olivia can feel a deep vibration throbbing within her chest...the laughter was now coming from Olivia, but her lips did not move. The temperature slowly returns to normal as the girl continues to spasm on the floor; her face contorted into a tormented smile. When the laugher finally subsides, a voice speaks, escaping Olivia’s unmoving lips in a sensual whisper.

“Do you like games, Pet...?

And then it was gone...Olivia’s head throbbed.  The young girl on the floor ceased to spasm; her chest rising and falling slowly as she whimpers.

*****Roland and Sammus*****

Sorella stands there a moment as her gaze shifts between the pair. Just as she looks as if she’s about to give Roland and Sammus an earful after being told to evacuate her own workspace, she actually smiles.

“Sorella Sobel, at your....well at nobody’s service it appears. So basically you’re telling me you don’t need my expertise on this matter, and I don’t have to dig though another cadaver today?”

She shrugs and snaps her fingers. Turning on a heel, she moves to exit as the two servitors follow.

“Just don’t make a mess, gentlemen. Perhaps when I’m allowed to return to my station, we can discuss your findings”

If uninterrupted, she continues through the doorway and leaves you to your work.

*****Minear*****

Minear had to settle this before the last member of Drex's frat decided he didnt like Minear's offer. He takes a split second aim at his assailant's gut, where a bolt round would do the most collateral damage to his internals, and fired his next shot

The shot connects. Just like Drex however, the round cuts clean through and detonates after exiting the body. Despite not receiving the maximum effectiveness of the miniature explosive, the large caliber round is devastating enough on its own. Groaning in pain the Officer let’s put a bloodcurdling warcry before rushing in for another attack with the serrated blade.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 27, 2019 6:13 am

Reiner face contorted into something that could be seen as a smile, or at least his lips did their best to form into that shape. He batted his eyes at the big burly man before him and leaned his back against the wall. He arched it, spasming in ecstasy and letting out a low moan.

"I love it when you talk dirty to me, bad boy. Fancy a go after you leave your post? You can be the S to my M, oh what a lovely time we will have together."

He lets out one last moan before slinking back into a standing position. As he slinks off down the hall and towards the medical area where Sammus and Minear were located, he turns back and blows a kiss towards Char.

"Just think about it, will you? Pretty please."

He turns and walks off down the hall, eager to see what the others had figured out.
Back to top Go down
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 27, 2019 9:24 am

Char gulps hard....it was vomit.

Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 27, 2019 12:04 pm

Sammus smiles warmly. Or at least attempts what he thinks passes as a smile. The gesture was as alien to the Tau as was touching hands to greet, but he had gotten used to the gue'la formalities.

"That was easy enough. I am surprised at you, Rol'and the Blackhand. That was more grace with wordplay than I have seen you demon'strate pre'viously." Sammus was genuinely impressed that Roland hadn't flown off the handle in one of his notorious displays of uncontrolled anger. He gave a slight bow and made ready to assist.

Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 27, 2019 6:43 pm

Roland laughed and turned back towards the body.

"I still have a little grace left for those who deserve it. She is much more experienced in these matters too, but until we know more about what is going on, i dont want to risk anything."

He didnt mention that ever since the Ork ship he had found himself angry a lot more often...

Roland had paused for a moment, staring at nothing, before turning back to Sammus.

"Anyways, shall we begin?"
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2019 3:02 pm

Olivia blinked her eyes, black spots infecting her vision. Unbidden one finger traced the scar down her left cheek. Her breaths were short and sharp, barely capable of fulfilling their function. The panic was building inside her, expanding rapidly from her centre and crashing into her brain like a wave that would not break. Desperate thoughts bounced at breakneck speed, so many she couldn't hold on, couldn't get a grip. She was sinking, drowning, and desperate. Desperate for it all to stop, for it all to end. One image suddenly made itself clear. Her gun. Her gun against her head.

She hung there, trapped in the moment, as the thought solidified and then as something fought back against it. She wasn't sure exactly what it was, pride, desires or a basic animal desperation for survival. But slowly it forced the image down, until she became aware of the present again.

Her clothes felt drenched, sweat seemingly to drip from every pore. There was a pounding in her head and a hollowness inside her. She might have rode out her fears, but as the adrenaline faded, there was nothing to take its place. An emptiness of feeling.

Absently she noted that the young girl was still on the floor before her. She would have to delay her trip to Hibi's cabin and take her to the medical bay. She would need to be seen to.
She knew the others would have to be told about this, but right now she was thankful to fill her mind with focus on the physical. Swinging one of the girls arms around her neck, she gripped her around the back and managed to drag her to her feet. Now to get to the medical bay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)   Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 2: Tonight...we lick our wounds (IC)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2