A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e - 3- 6 players

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Azza
Senpai
Azza

Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e -  3- 6 players Empty
PostSubject: Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e - 3- 6 players   Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e -  3- 6 players EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 9:27 am

Tired of the daily grind in the sprawl?
SINless and looking for a way to get your next meal?
Bored and looking for some excitement?
Well chummer Mr Johnson has a position for you!
- Mister Trimm

Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e -  3- 6 players Shadow10

Looking for between 3 to 6 Shadowrunners because if we are going to live in a cyberpunk dystopia we might as well have some fun in a different one

AbstractCloud

Last edited by Azza on Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e - 3- 6 players   Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e -  3- 6 players EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 9:36 am

I'd maybe be interested depending on what style of game it'd actually be! Are you thinking mirrorshades or pink mohawk or black trencoat?

Also curious what books you'd allow and what type of group you'd want the players to be! Like a set team, or a group that cycles and does their own stuff, or other!
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e - 3- 6 players   Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e -  3- 6 players EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 10:09 am

I'd like a set team but that doesn't preclude going off and doing your own stuff. I don't have a particular style I'd prefer so will talk it through with the group when we get players together
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e - 3- 6 players   Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e -  3- 6 players EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 11:30 am

Then I'm interested and we'll see if a group comes together so we can figure something out!

Azza likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tecumseh

Tecumseh

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e - 3- 6 players   Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e -  3- 6 players EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 10:57 pm

I'm tentatively interested. I've played a lot of Shadowrun over the years and wouldn't be opposed to a game or a setting a bit out of the ordinary. A streel level / ganger campaign, for example, or something rural.

(That said, I'm from Seattle proper - presenting sitting a couple blocks from where the Aztechnology Pyramid would be - so I'm partial to it as a location.)

AbstractCloud's questions are all good (tone, books allowed). I'd ask about potential house rules too, since GMs always have them, myself included.

Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e - 3- 6 players   Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e -  3- 6 players EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 5:41 pm

I'm interested in playing a rigger, but I won't be able to pick up new games this week or next, getting ready to move. If you're still looking for players then lmk.

Good to have you back, Az.
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e - 3- 6 players   Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e -  3- 6 players EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 2:48 am

Tecumseh wrote:
I'm tentatively interested. I've played a lot of Shadowrun over the years and wouldn't be opposed to a game or a setting a bit out of the ordinary. A streel level / ganger campaign, for example, or something rural.

(That said, I'm from Seattle proper - presenting sitting a couple blocks from where the Aztechnology Pyramid would be - so I'm partial to it as a location.)

AbstractCloud's questions are all good (tone, books allowed). I'd ask about potential house rules too, since GMs always have them, myself included.

Ok I just want to make it clear that I have only run the game a couple of times and only using the core so I would prefer to keep it simple to start with, if there is something from another book you really want to use I can have a look and make a decision - that's the best I can offer at the moment I don't want to commit to allowing things that get too complicated for me.

The same would follow for houserules - if there are any specifics houserules the more experienced players have particular houserules I can look at them - and I may end up adding some of my own as we continue playing.

Hope this makes sense and is ok for everyone.

Murc - I can't see us kicking off fully til near the end of October so I can get everything set up and characters discussed etc.

Back to top Go down
Tecumseh

Tecumseh

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e - 3- 6 players   Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e -  3- 6 players EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 9:55 pm

Only using the core book is completely viable, but it does affect some character concepts more than others. For example, I can make a face or a street samurai that I'm 90% happy with by only using the core book, but trying to make a satisfying adept without Street Grimoire is much more daunting.

Most of my house rules are more advanced and none of them are dealbreakers. I might recommend Sum-to-10 as an available chargen option, but that's not strictly necessary either.

Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e - 3- 6 players   Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e -  3- 6 players EmptyFri Oct 02, 2020 7:55 am

I think this may be a better angle and ask the more seasoned players are their any books i should consider limiting - i don't mind have to do a bit more leg work on stuff if it means people get to play the characters they want and i don't like restricting stuff.
Back to top Go down
Tecumseh

Tecumseh

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e - 3- 6 players   Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e -  3- 6 players EmptyFri Oct 02, 2020 9:31 am

I personally play with all books and don't feel that there's anything so outlandish that it must be banned outright. That said, I've been playing 5E from the day it came out and even I don't have everything memorized. There are a dozen major books and it's almost impossible to keep them all in your head. It can be a major chore to reference and cross-reference between all the books when you're trying to look up how something works or interacts with something else.

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e - 3- 6 players   Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e -  3- 6 players EmptyFri Oct 02, 2020 5:17 pm

I would personally be in favor of playing with all the available books, just because it really does expand the character creation possibilities and the like! So long as the players using those books are comfortable with the rules introduced and how they operate, I think it shouldn't be too much of a chore on your part to implement them.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e - 3- 6 players   Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e -  3- 6 players EmptySat Oct 03, 2020 11:24 pm

Put me down as a maybe. That maybe is more about the game's story/setting and less about Shadowrun 5E (I've played 4E but never 5E).

What time of the setting do you intend to use (2050s, 2060s, etc.)
City or geographical area it will be taking place in (Seattle, Denver, all of UCAS, etc.)
General idea of what the characters are doing (runner stuff, more gutter punk, mercenaries, etc.)
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e - 3- 6 players   Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e -  3- 6 players EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 9:28 am

Any updates on what's going on with this game at all?
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e - 3- 6 players   Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e -  3- 6 players EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 4:17 am

Sorry been taking a bit of a kicking IRL so gonna have to put starting this on the back burner until I can put the focus it deserves in.
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e - 3- 6 players   Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e -  3- 6 players EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 8:21 am

I hope things get back to normal! Sending you well-wishes Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e - 3- 6 players   Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e -  3- 6 players Empty

Back to top Go down

Interest Check - Shadowrun 5e - 3- 6 players
Page 1 of 1