A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)

Go down 
+5
Princeofhavoc
Iron and Metal
Pendraig
smguy
Urist
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
saturncomesbackaround

saturncomesbackaround

Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 3:05 am

The priest stopped a way from the black vehicle, checked for other ground traffic and crossed the street to its right side, hoping to avoid the scrutiny of the optics. From here, his dilemma was clear. The lens aimed straight down the street he'd planned to take. A diversion would cost time, while proceeding directly would place Aksel under unwelcome scrutiny. At the very least he could try to commit to his memory stack the model of vehicle and any identifying marks - registration numerals, perhaps?

He gripped at his lapels and pulled his robe tighter around his shoulders as he continued his steady shuffle alongside the vehicle and away from the street he'd planned to take. Caution had the better of him, and he would rather make Tessera wait than compromise himself at this early stage.

He planned to simply walk around the furthest of the two apartment blocks, walking three sides of the square rather than cutting along the single observed side. He looked to the skull beside him as if for validation as he passed the black vehicle without further pause.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 2:23 pm

Adelaide kept her eye on the child, reached down with her left hand, and quickly grabbed the book. She then sighed and sheathed the knife. She had absolutely no intention of using it, but was glad it had the desired effect.

A slight wave of guilt washed over her. Like a younger version of herself, the kid was just trying to survive. She decided to switch from "bad cop" to "good cop."

"Look, you did what you was told. I ain't gon' hurt ya, OK? True talk. Now, who the Messhanskees? You fin' anythin' else 'terestin' in there, girl?"

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 1:17 pm

With Askel
There was no sound from the vehicle as the tech priest moved past it, beyond the gentle hum of its idling engine. No door opened, no voice called out. Askel was able to move up and turn down the next street to the right without trouble. The walkway he found himself on was empty, the tall apartment buildings on either side blocking out the sun and leaving him in shadow. If the tech priest had been of a superstitious nature he might have had some apprehension moving up such a path.

After a couple of minutes he came to another junction. To his left he could discern some other figures. Halfway along the new road was a shop of some kind and he could see what looked like Tessera standing outside it. Beyond her was the green uniformed figure of a Commissariat standing in front of an apartment building.

With the Acolytes
The girl turned her head reluctantly to look up at the older woman. Despite the fact that the blade had been removed she was obviously more nervous about Adelaide than Radomil.
"Messhanskees? Ar.. are you trying to trick me?"
She looked between Radomil and Adelaide.
"The Meschansky is your place. Where you take all your prisoners? And I don know. There's lots of stuff there but all just stuff. No weapons or money. That book has the seal of the Goldn Throne. I thought the Father would want it."
She suddenly looks nervous again.
"I didn wreck the place. It was like that when I got in. I was only in there for a few minutes. I swear. Look please don't take me to the Meschansky. If you want I can help you. Tell you things I hear?"
Back to top Go down
saturncomesbackaround

saturncomesbackaround

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 1:01 am

Aksel crossed the street towards the store where Tessera waited. He drew his robe tight around his waist and crossed his arms over his lower abdomen. He looked repeatedly for the alley that he suspected was being surveilled. With the dirty red gown and shuffling gait, he did not cut the figure of a magos shrouded in billowing crimson and framed with mechanical limbs.

He stopped quite openly near the store front, careful to avoid being caught in the shot of the watched street. The row of sensor studs on his forehead winked in green light at Tessera from under his hood.
Back to top Go down
Kobras_Aquairre

Kobras_Aquairre

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 7:25 am

Radomil takes the book. "Right, you can run along now. You can tell Father if he interferes with our business again, I'll shoot him."

Radomil doesn't turn his back on the girl until she's gone. Once she leaves he begins flipping through the book to see if there's anything unusual about it.
Back to top Go down
FelicitousPsychicFerret

FelicitousPsychicFerret

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 9:23 am

Tessera nods very slightly in response to Aksel's flashing lights. "Aksel-lent! You're here even sooner than I expected. I'm going to bet you noticed that car and its binocular-toting inhabitants on your way here? I anticipate some nefarious activity from that direction, especially given how they've been following some other people whom I was supposed to join forces with. The ones I was supposed to meet with are in that flat over there, the one with that strutting Commissar standing around looking imbued with himself to the point of megalomania. I was supposed to help them with their investigations, but not only were they obviously followed, I could see they were walking into some sort of trap. And one of them remains an unknown variable, so I couldn't very well approach them right away. Now you're here, we should be able to not only clarify the situation, but also save the day when things go awry."

She brushes some hair out of her face. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to check up on a hunch while you keep an eye on things. I'll be back in a jiffy."

Tessera then strides through the door and into the inner sanctum of the shop.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 10:18 am

Nitafrong wrote:
With Askel
With the Acolytes
The girl turned her head reluctantly to look up at the older woman. Despite the fact that the blade had been removed she was obviously more nervous about Adelaide than Radomil.
"Messhanskees? Ar.. are you trying to trick me?"
She looked between Radomil and Adelaide.
"The Meschansky is your place. Where you take all your prisoners? And I don know. There's lots of stuff there but all just stuff. No weapons or money. That book has the seal of the Goldn Throne. I thought the Father would want it."
She suddenly looks nervous again.
"I didn wreck the place. It was like that when I got in. I was only in there for a few minutes. I swear. Look please don't take me to the Meschansky. If you want I can help you. Tell you things I hear?"

Adelaide kept her stern face on, but nodded as if to say OK, but only this time.

"We won' send you to the Messhanskees, girl. What's yo' name an' where you stayin'? If you do good, tell us what you hear, then I promise there be some treats in it for ya." If the girl found this agreeable, Adelaide then wavered her away as Radomil told her to leave.

When she was out of earshot, Adelaide turned to Radomil. "Should never waste a chance to get a willing informant. Might save our skin one day." With that, she made her way to the apartment. She was going to give it a quick once over before the results of that whistle made themselves clear.

She called back to him, "You ready fo' a fight? Whistle wuddn't fo'nothin'."

Back to top Go down
Kobras_Aquairre

Kobras_Aquairre

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 4:43 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:

When she was out of earshot, Adelaide turned to Radomil. "Should never waste a chance to get a willing informant. Might save our skin one day."

"Maybe. She'd do her self a favor by staying out of this mess, I think." Under his breath he curses, "Fucking preacher sending kids to do his dirty work."

Iron and Metal wrote:
She called back to him, "You ready fo' a fight? Whistle wuddn't fo'nothin'."

Radomil posts himself just inside the doorway of the apartment, surveying its defensibility. "'Spose I am. I'll cover the entrance if the three of you want to scrounge around, see if there's something to be found."
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 3:35 pm

With Acolytes
"Names Nasri. We all sleep in Cathedral."
Her eyes lit up at the sound of the treats, and she climbed to her feet.
"I'm around there a lot or the main square."
She looked up at Radomil, a doubtful look on her face, before moving past the Adelaide towards the window. Without a backwards glance, she swung herself out and disappeared from view.

Checking through the book Radomil found that Treatise: St Barthomelua's Sermons was exactly what its cover proclaimed, its contents made up of many of speeches that were claimed to be made by the Saint, along with some more modern assessments. He does note though, that the pages crinkle as he turns them, as if this book has never been opened before.

As both Radomil and Adelaide moved to the still open door of the apartment, they were quickly able to ascertain that it was currently empty. This is the view that is presented to them.
Spoiler:

While Radomil covers the door, Gabriel and Lesot follow the other two into the apartment. It is roughly divided into three sections, the entrance/kitchen, a small bathroom containing a shower/bath and the main living space and sleeping quarters. It is clear that this apartment has been given a going over- especially in the living room.

[Same as before- I'm going to let you choose where you look for clues here. You can still attempt any normal physical action, such as pulling back the chair or checking the titles of the books without having to make a roll.

To make things a bit simpler though, if you want to check one of the three area's in general you can test at +0. If you want to check something specific like the slashed futon, its +20. Everyone gets two tests.]

With Tessera and Askel
As Tessera steps inside the store, she is greeted with an image similar to this, but with much more cans stacked up.

Spoiler:

As her eyes atune themselves to the light, she notices that sitting in the far corner in shadow is an woman, who greets you as you enter.
"Welcome Compatriot. Is there anything you'd be needing?"

She looks to be somewhere in her upper fifties, with short bristly grey hair, and sharp blue eyes. She's wearing what looks to be like an off-brand military looking coat and is smoking a thick brown pipe.
Back to top Go down
FelicitousPsychicFerret

FelicitousPsychicFerret

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 1:18 am

Tessera makes a good show of being slightly flustered.

'I'm awfully sorry to bother you, but I was passing by and thought you might be more helpful than that rather fearsome looking man opposite. You see, I'm looking for a friend who's gone missing after a drunken bender, and I think he might have gone through this neighborhood at some point, because he did mention knowing someone who lived there. I'm not sure exactly when, because all I have are second-hand accounts to go on, but I've been without news since yesterday evening and I'm terribly worried he may have had some sort of accident.'

Tessera then proceeds to give the shopkeeper a description of her fictitious friend, while keeping an ear out for any signal from Aksel (who is still outside, keeping watch, presumably). She does her best to be as gossipy as possible, weaseling whatever snippets she can get from the shopkeeper about the sort of goings-on in the neighborhood in a seemingly innocent manner.
Back to top Go down
saturncomesbackaround

saturncomesbackaround

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 10:08 am

He froze as Tessera spoke, barely managing to blink as she explained the situation. His eyes followed her into the shop as she vanished from view. With a sigh he reached into his hood and massaged the base of his skull where a bundle of cables extruded from a cranial port. The heat sink would need cleaning soon, he thought.

Turning from the shop he looked back to the uniformed figure, then up at the hab block with weary resignation. If there's a day that needed saving, Tessera had called on the wrong magos.
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 11:56 am

With Tessera and Askel
The older woman took a deep draw of her pipe and exhaled it from her nostrils. Her brown eyes glinted and she hitched her left leg over her right knee, watching Tessera with interest.
"A drunken bender eh? Your friend must know someone well to do. We have quite a number of biggish wigs living about here. Station 1 after all."

She took another draw of her pipe and exhaled it in the same manner.
"Where about's are you from Compatriot? Not from these shores I'd wager. I've not seen your friend myself, but it is possible he was here last night."

She gestured with the stem of her pipe outside.
"All the locals have been talking about it. A bit of a disturbance."
Back to top Go down
FelicitousPsychicFerret

FelicitousPsychicFerret

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 12:27 pm

"Nothing seems to escape your vigilance! Yes, after drifting from job to job I came to this charming world a while back in order to make a living off trade in luxury items, that's actually how I met my friend in the first place! Can't exactly sell fancy stuff to those who are sadly of limited means, can I? It's up there with the toffs where the business is, and no mistake."

Tessera's bright demeanour becomes a little clouded at the old woman's gesture towards the door. "A bit of a disturbance, you say? I do hope no one was hurt. Please tell me more!"
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 1:26 pm

The older woman smiled back in a self satisfied manner.
"Ack I knew you for an off worlder. I know most each and every accent that are home to here. Trade in luxury items eh?"

She took another meditative suck from her pipe and then exhaled again, still watching you all the while.
"And you'd be right too. Half the things here I wouldn't sell if I was down in Station 4. Actual skellig meat and moraig hair? St Bathomelua save us.

Don't rightly know if anyone was hurt. Neighbours complained about this awful noise coming from one of the apartments. All manner of bangs and thumps. One even said they heard a scream. Thought someone was getting murdered in there. You know the way these kind complain. Probably just a party that went overboard. Maybe your friend was involved."

She tapped the end of the pipe and then took another draw.
"Naturally they called for the U-Paets. They would too, rather than just knock on the door. But for once something must have happened to those in blue. Didn't turn up till this morning. I was even open then, and the Commissariat had already sealed the building. Real question is why they got involved. Unless someone really special was at the party."

The woman shook her head and let out a gruff bark like laugh.
"Getting into all manner of a tizzy, peering out of their windows and doors."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 4:04 pm

Adelaide moved to the fridge and the bin. Why she was drawn there was anyone's guess. Mundane things with no obvious evidence of being tampered with might yield the best results...

Awareness +20 = 47 base:

Back to top Go down
Kobras_Aquairre

Kobras_Aquairre

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 9:39 am

Radomil moved to the bathroom. Everything seemed more or less in order. He opened the medicine cabinet, then inspected the sink.

Awareness +20= 33 base:
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 2:28 am

With the Acolytes
As Radomil and Adelaide, moved to search the bathroom and kitchen, Gabriel moved into the living room, the one with most evidence of a search.

Radomil's search of the bathroom revealed very little of interest. The cabinet had an assortment of bottles inside but they all appeared normal enough to the ex guardsman. The sink too, appeared fairly regular.

Adelaide's investigation of the bin too revealed very little, beyond an assortment of used food wrappers. Opening the fridge, she fared a little better. On the doorside shelf there was an assortment of bottles. Two of them were see through, displaying their contents, a clear liquid, and one that was bright yellow. Next to these was a bottle of strong spirits, that looked almost full. Inside the main belly of the fridge there were a few wilted vegetables and tubs of spread. One thing that immediately caught your notice at the back though was a medium sized silver bag. Labelled Ostersun's oblong nuts, it had clearly been opened and its top rolled back. It was a curious thing to see there. People did not normally store nuts in the fridge.
Back to top Go down
Kobras_Aquairre

Kobras_Aquairre

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 8:14 am

Radomil checks over the bottles for any painkillers, antiseptics, or anything else that he could tell might have first aid applications. If he finds any he stashes them in his pack before emerging from the bathroom. "Not much in here, you lot find anything?"
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 8:16 am

Adelaide grabbed the clear and yellow liquid bottles, ensuring their caps were on tight, and placed them into her duffle. She then grabbed the bag of nuts and carefully looked inside. She would give it a moment's inspection before stuffing it into her duffel as well and getting ready for a fight.

The place had been ransacked, but perhaps she had found a clue they needed. Regardless, they were running out of time.

She moved to Radomil. "Got anythin'? Foun' some bottles, one prolly piss, and a bag-o-nuts in the fridge. Odd place fuh'nuts."

Back to top Go down
FelicitousPsychicFerret

FelicitousPsychicFerret

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 8:55 am

Tessera listened to the elderly shopkeeper with avid interest.

'Well, that must have been pretty alarming, and no mistake. Thank you anyway for being so open about this, most people I come across generally look askance at the idea of some random off-worlder bumbling around asking them for directions and suchlike... but you've been a dear! I guess I should just keep looking, then. Have a lovely day!"

She waltzed back out into the street after she'd wrapped up her goodbyes in a metaphorical pretty bow. It seemed to her that Aksel was not in the chippest of moods today. "Spotted anything new, Aksel? We should probably find out if there's any other way in or out of that building. I really doubt that old shopkeeper back there is likely to ambush anyone. And I think that car is there to block off escape routes, so there must be others nearby, perhaps even inside the building itself. I've got a feeling it's all a matter of time, so it would be sage to act soon. Time to put a foot on the Aksel-lerator, in other words."
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 3:32 pm

With the Acolytes
From what Radomil can see, none of the bottles in the cabinet have any useful first aid function. They appear to be personal grooming applicators. The one that comes closest is an orange circular bottle that appears to be medication for a certain allergy relief.

The two bottles that Adelaide grabs, both appear to be properly sealed. Closer too, one is marked as water and the other as a fruit drink. Lifting up the bag of nut, the bag appears normal, its insides clearly filled with oblong circular shapes. Glancing inside, Adelaide sees that these are nuts. They appear to be baked, and are dusted with salt. She is about to look away when she notices something shiny and green in the bag. Reaching in she withdraws a rectangular green card, sealed in plastic. In white text are the numbers, 2 0 2 3 9 2 0 3 8 5 1 8

Spoiler:

The dark haired gently handsome face of Gabriel's sticks out from where he'd been in the living room.
"Don't hog the good drinks. I haven't had fresh piss in weeks."
Laughing at his own joke, he stands up from where he'd been examining the books flung on the floor.
"There's really been a number done on this room. Looks like someone was searching for something. Even went through the effort of going through the books. A few more page turners to add to your collection. Have a listen to some of these titles: Ecological effeciencies: The water guide, Investigations into queue management, Circumnavigational Charts: Sassan Nictor, History of Ornithalogical based messaging solutions, Transit Schedules (Annual Review), and Replies and Responses: The musings of Victor."

He dropped the last of these on the floor with a thud as he read the title.
"However it looks like the room wasn't the only place they were looking for information."
His face serious again, he gestured towards the lone chair.
"It looks like someone was tied there. Clear marks of rubbing cord against the wood. Plus there's droplets of blood all around it. Looks like someone tried to clean it up but there are still traces. Flecks on the wall. Like a knife was being used to cut. I'm prepared to bet that someone was tortured here."

With Tessera and Askel
"Good luck finding him Compatriot! As long as he was sensible enough to get away before the green jackets turned up he'll be ok!"

As she emerged from the shop, the scene outside was exactly the same as it had been before. Or was it.

[Askel roll +10 and Tessera +0 Awareness checks]
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 3:40 pm

Adelaide nods and asks to anyone listening, "How many digits was the code to th'safe in his office?" She looked at the green card, committing the number to memory. Even though she wasn't planning on getting rid of it, it was still a smart idea.

2 0 2

3 9 2

0 3 8

5 1 8

She did it five times in her head, giving it a cadence.

Two-zero-two//three-nine-two//
zero-three-eight//five-one-eight//

When it slapped like the chorus of a song, she had it.

Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyMon May 04, 2020 1:50 pm

With the Acolytes
Gabriel looked over at Adelaide.
"No.... you havn't just found the missing combination card have you? It had 12 digits."

He gave his stubbly chin a scratch with his left hand.
"What do you think then? Were they torturing Roget here or someone else? And if it was, why him, what did they want?"
He shook his head bemusedly.
"I have to admit I'm not really sure. Also- do you two want to check out anything in here or move on again?"

With Tessera and Askel
To the Tech-Priest, the view before him was exactly the same. The walkway continuing on for ten or so feet until it made a sharp turn to the right. This was where the Apartment tower was, with the Commissariat officer standing outside, and from where he knew that the car had been.

Perhaps though, due to the fact that she had been elsewhere and was seeing everything new again, Tessera was able to spot something different. At the corner, which turned to the right, a small head was peaking around. It belonged to a child, a boy just approaching his teens. For a long moment, both of their eyes met and she saw his face clearly. She was sure it wasn't one of the children from before, in fact judging from his lack of facial scars and the rough leather tunic, she knew he was a junior affiliate of the Red Beards. As she watched, his head retreated and disappeared from view.
Back to top Go down
Kobras_Aquairre

Kobras_Aquairre

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 7:11 pm

Radomil peaks out the window to check for anyone in the street. "I'm in no hurry to go over the top yet. If we walk into the gang's watering hole, odds are half us'd be coming out the way our honorably Major did. Lets check the safe, see if it gives us any solid intel. If it doesn't, guess we'd best get ready for a killing."
Back to top Go down
saturncomesbackaround

saturncomesbackaround

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 2:02 am

Aksel's shoulders tensed as he felt Tessera's voice take aim at him again. He looked back towards her as she bounced out of the store and addressed him.
His voice croaked for a moment, and he blinked with heavy eyes at her before managing to speak.

"Forgive me, Tessera, your idiolect takes a moment to properly parse. As you can see, the situation remains static. It seems there is insufficient data to conclude that there are other entrances, and that those will not be guarded. Regardless, your associates gained access in spite of the sentry, we might attempt to do the same."
Back to top Go down
FelicitousPsychicFerret

FelicitousPsychicFerret

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 12:05 pm

Tessera frowned. First Father Whatshisface's creepy children, and now the Red Beards? Next thing I know, we'll be jumped by some crooked Golden Rulers and a couple of 002's, she thought.

'Well, Aksel, as it so happens, the situation is not as static as you may think... Let us venture forth that way, as you suggest, bearing in mind that I do fancy I spotted some criminally red shrubbery peeping out from around that corner. Better to ambush than to be ambushed, I say.'

Upon that note, Tessera strode along the walkway. I'm going to give that poor guy quite the fright, she thought mischievously, activating her vox implant. With luck, his eardrums might even remain intact! Miracles do happen every now and then.
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyMon May 11, 2020 2:24 pm

With Tessera and Askel
As Tessera got to the corner, she quickly noticed that the child she'd seen peeking around the corner was about twenty meters ahead up the walkway, clearly making for an alley between two buildings on the left. This was about halfway up the walkway. At the far end, the black car remained where it had been since the acolytes had first progressed this way.

With the Acolytes
Gabriel nodded back at Radomil and Adelaide.
"Guess you two rate my searching abilities fairly highly. We'll leave the books and the rest of the stuff here and let the rest of the crows pick them over. Back to the Administratum we go."
Without a backwards glance Gabriel led the way out of room and down the stairs towards the ground floor. The whole building seemed quiet beyond the occasional bump and muffled noise of speech from the two other rooms on this floor, and there was no particular noise coming in from the street outside
Back to top Go down
FelicitousPsychicFerret

FelicitousPsychicFerret

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyThu May 14, 2020 5:41 am

Trusting in her companion's stolid common sense, Tessera broke into a run after the youthful Red Beard, eventually grabbing the young lad by the shoulder.

'Stop right there, serendipitous scalliwag! Swift sorrow sometimes strikes skedaddling scumbags, which means that you'd be well-advised to cough up the beans before I have to reach down your throat for them! What's with all the whistling, then? And why are you heading this way when your fellow felonious assaulters are waiting in their vicious vehicle over there, in the the other direction?'
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyFri May 15, 2020 1:39 am

With Tessera
Catching the young boy by the shoulder Tessera spun him around. His dirty chin still had that smooth sheen of youth and his eyes were wide with surprise and fear. As she spoke, some confusion clouded his face. While he got the gist, it was clear he didn't understand everything she had said.

"Wha... what you calling me? I no nufink about no whistle. Swear to 'poror."
The boy attempted to wriggle free from your grasp.
"Lemme go. I'm just a messenger"
"He was heading this way to see us. We wanted to to talk to you about what you found up there."

Looking up Tessera noticed that the alley she was standing outside wasn't empty. Four figures stood there, about five feet in. They were immediately identifiable as Red Beard gang members, the distinctive swirling black lines of their facial tattoos, and the brown leather tunics underneath their cloaks their own distinctive uniform. On the far ends of their line, were two men. Big, bulky and hairy, the one on the left had a bald head and a brown beard, and was holding a chain axe. His partner on the right was clean shaven with a blond mullet. He also carried an axe, but it was decidedly more traditional looking, with an odd gleam off the blade.
Between them were two women. The smaller one had a half shaved skull and long brown hair on the other side, and was holding a shotgun in a relaxed manner. The speaker was tall and thin, her blond hair shaved tight to the sides of her skull, the top leaving enough for a half quiff and two hard blue eyes staring out. Her hands held a hand cannon and a chain sword and she was glaring at you with a barely constrained hatred.
"Now, you're going to tell us why you are here and what you found or we'll cut it out of you."

With Askel
As the tech-priest watched from his vantage point by the shop, Tessera disappeared from sight around the corner to the main walkway. After another thirty seconds, the door to the apartment complex opened, and he watched as the green uniformed Commissariat officer, stepped out of the way to allow four individuals out of the building.

With the Acolytes
Stepping out of the building after Gabriel, the acolytes stood on the walkway again. The view they saw before them was a little changed to what it was before. Straight ahead of them was the walkway which progressed towards the main street. For the first time they noticed a black car had stopped on the road at the very end of this. Half way up the walk way about 30 meters away, a woman with suborn hair and pale skin was in close conversation with a young boy. To their right, the kids from before had gone, replaced by a tech priest who appeared to be examining the items preferred outside the local shop.
Back to top Go down
FelicitousPsychicFerret

FelicitousPsychicFerret

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptySat May 16, 2020 5:47 am

Tessera smiled. This smile was open to a wide variety of interpretations, but the truth of the matter was that this smile wasn't the smile of someone who had it all under control. This was the smile of someone whose heart hadn't so much skipped a beat as it had exploded right out of the chest cavity and landed in the gutter.

She slowly released her grip on the young messenger's shoulder. The smile on her face never wavered: changing her facial expression at this point felt tantamount to an overt declaration of war.

'I,' she said slowly, 'have no idea what you're talking about, and it seems you don't have any idea what I'm talking about, so in a sense that makes us even.'

Her mind was racing. 'Up there'. They think I went up to that apartment building to investigate something, don't they. Which was what the Acolytes were doing. Doesn't take a genius to guess that the Red Beards are taking an interest in the investigation, and that they're willing to use violence. They're looking for information, though, which suggests that they're as much in the dark about whatever commotion went on last night as my fellow Acolytes. The people in the car are probably not with them, and neither are the Father's kids. What a tangled web...

'One thing is for certain,' she continued, 'is that I have only one thing to say to the lot of you... FLEE, YOU FOOLS!!!'

The last word was delivered in the loud stentorian tones of a Commissar venting his righteous rage at the faces of an entire regiment of complete failures, thanks to the timely intervention of the vox implant, and upon that note Tessera turned right around and ran as fast as she could away from the Red Beards.
Back to top Go down
Kobras_Aquairre

Kobras_Aquairre

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyTue May 19, 2020 9:21 am

Radomil stops in his tracks. Car at the end of the street, blocking exit. No crowds, except for two odd looking individuals trying to blend in. They've just walked right into a killbox. He unslings his lasgun from his shoulder and sets it to rapid fire. "Cover, now. Watch the rooftops." he snaps with cold intensity to his companions. As he dashes to cover, he hears shouting from the alleyway and trains his rifle towards it.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyTue May 19, 2020 10:05 am

Adelaide was watching the two figures intently. When the loud, vox enhanced warning came, followed closely by Radomil's muscle memory orders, she was already moving.

She jumped back into the doorway, automatically reaching into her bag. Her hands found exactly what she was looking for. If Radomil looks back to check on her, he sees the the wiry-strong, dark-skinned woman holding a massive crossbow.

Her face was all business as she stayed within the doorway, ready to make a move if necessary.

If I can get line of sight on that alley from the apartment...

Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyTue May 19, 2020 2:24 pm

Spoiler:

As Radomil unslings his rifle and adjusts its settings, he steps back into the slight cover provided by the entranceway to the former Master Roget's building. Alongside him, Adelaide has her crossbow in her hands and beside her, Gabriel has withdrawn his pistol. To Radomil's right, the Commissariat officer turns, surprised as the weapons are produced, his hand immediately going to his side where a pistol is holstered.

"What are you doing?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Askel standing at the entrance to the shop, looking up the walkway which Tessera had so quickly departed, notices two bodies step out of the entrance way to one of the apartment buildings, scan up and down the street and then step back out of sight, saying something about cover and watching the rooftops.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tessera unleashed the full force of her vox implant at the four figures standing before her, the words "FLEE YOU FOOLS" echoing through the rest of the streets and then turned to escape. With a strangled squeal the little boy fell to the ground, holding his ears with his hands. One of the men and one of the women stepped back startled, while the other two looked surprised.

IC CLOSED (Actions to continue in the OOC)
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyTue May 19, 2020 2:37 pm

Round 1
As the last echoes of Tessera's vox call echo off the walls, Radomil stops in his tracks. He sniffs the air, then drops his las pistol. His face contorts into an expression of pure rage, like his companions have never seen before. He turns around, drawing his sword. Short and brutal, this relic from his primitive homeworld saved his life in more than one trench fight. He slams shoulder first into the Commissariat officer, attempting to plunge the blade into his gut.

His attack is wild though and is only able to take a chunk out of the nearby brickwork, sending a shudder through his arm.

The tall and thin woman, with the shaved head and blond quiff, looked momentarily startled by the loud noise which had blasted by them. Quickly getting her bearings back she lifted her hand cannon and loosed off a shot at Tessera. However when the pin dropped there was no explosion of fire from her gun. Her round was a dud.

Gabriel, who had been quiet and calm beside Adelaide suddenly roared in anger and ran full pelt up the walkway towards Tessera, his shotgun now gripped between his two hands and over his head, as if it was a club.

It would have seemed that Tessera was going to run, but then she spun around abruptly, in a heel-face turn befitting her mutable demeanour, the better to reveal the gun she held in her hand. Not shooting to kill, but rather to bewilder, she fired off a couple of shot over the Red Beards' heads.
This had the desired effect, as the sound of the ricocheting bullets caused all the Red Beards to crouch where they were standing, Benny and Bjorn holding their axes in front of them as if to block the oncoming shots.

His eyes wild, and his mouth open wide, the Commissariat Officer, Lieutenant Kirov withdrew his chainsword in one fluid movement, and as the teeth roared to life along the length of the blade, he hacked across Radomil. Whether by instinct or long practised drills, the ex-guardsmans response was immediate and he parried with his old blade.

Adelaide had no idea what just transpired. She moved into action expecting danger from the alley ahead, only to see Radomil charge the commissar. The commissar must have made a move she missed. Before she knew it, he had his chainsword out and was attempting to turn Radomil into many smaller pieces.

She had his flank. She didn't hesitate. She shouldered the heavy crossbow and put a bolt into his head without an ounce of hesitation.

He had it comin'. Every one of them had it comin'. Job's all that matter, an' team gets the job done. Team's all that matter.

Her aim was true and the heavy bolt smashed into the green uniformed officers head with a wet and heavy thump. Thrown backwards into the wall behind, he slumped down to ground, obviously stunned but the flickering of his eyes showed that life hadn't quite exited yet.

The tech priest jumped at the sound of Tessera's amplified voice echoing through the street. Peering out from under his hood at the entrance to the hab-block, he anticipated the situation spiraling quickly. He pushed the door to the shop open and disappeared inside. The older woman looked up from where she was examining something on the counter.

"Welcome Compatriot. Can I be helping you with anything?"

Radomil 13- (Standing in doorway to Roget's building with other acolytes.)
Anni-Frid 11 (In the alley way)(Ammo failed to fire- will spend next round reloading)(Pinned)
Gabriel 10 (Crossing the walkway, 35m from Tessera)
Tessera 9 (Standing in front of the alley)
Benny 8 (In the alley way) (Pinned)
Lt Kirov (Commissariat Officer) 8 (Lying prone in doorway to Roget's building with other acolytes.)
Adelaide 7 (Standing in doorway to Roget's building with other acolytes)
Bjorn 7 (In the alley way) (Pinned)
Askel 5 (Standing inside shop)
Agnetha 4 (In the alley way) (Pinned)
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 6:55 am

Round 2

Radomil's vision begins to be clear as the rage begins to fade. He stands over the fallen commissar, sword in hand. He couldn't remember exactly who started the fight, but the guard had swung a chainsword at him. Plus they couldn't have him telling anyone about Radomil's momentary lapse in sanity. "Better to finish the job" , he thinks, lifting his sword for a coup de grace. Wouldn't be the first commissar Radomil's fragged.
Lieutenant Kirov stared back up at the ex-guardsman, but the vacant look in his blue eyes made it difficult to know how much he was really seeing. Radomil's strike was clean and true, and the head came clean off his shoulders rolling down to rest between his legs.

Back in the alley, Anni-Frid empied the dud clip from her pistol, letting it clatter to the street cobbles below and slid the fresh one into her gun, her eyes remaining on Tessera the whole time, emanating a cold fury.

Gabriel paused where he was in the middle of the walkway, looking a little confused. He lowered the shotgun from where he was holding it above his head, and turned around to face the others. "What... what are we doing?"

Tessera, seeing how Anni-Frid is making an attempt on her life, naturally resorts to self-defense by aiming her laspistol at her and firing a single shot. 'Really, you should calm down with that cannon of yours, someone might get hurt!'
Her laspistol bolt catches the other woman in the chest, but it seems to do little more than just knock her back slightly.

The shot seems to catch Benny by surprise and the big man remains where he is with his axe held before him.

Adelaide said nothing initially. She did not know why the Commissar had lunged at her comrade, but he had. Now he was dead. She took the bolt out of the side of his head with a sick, crunching shlop. She responded matter of factly before moving forward toward the commotion, "Don' move mean dyin'. Le's go."
Carefully she moves out into the street looking toward the figure ahead.

Noticing his commander taking a shot from the new arrival, Bjorn let out a roar and charged into combat with Tessera. He swung his axe down hard at her, but his attack sailed wide over her head.

(Askel)

Agnetha remained where she was, her shotgun pointed forward but holding back on shooting while Bjorn was in combat.

Anni-Frid 11 (In the alley way)(Reloading)(Pinned)
Tessera 9 (Standing in front of the alley, in combat with Bjorn)
Lt Kirov (Commissariat Officer) 8 (Lying dead in the doorway to Roget's building with other acolytes.)
Adelaide 7 (Crossing the walkway 50m from Tessera))
Bjorn 7 (In combat with Tessera)
Agnetha 4 (In the alley way) (Pinned)
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 4:29 am

Round 3

Radomil wheels around, laspistol in hand scanning for targets. He hears the automatic weapon fire coming from the alley down the street, and the woman engaged in combat with an axe wielding man. He's got no idea who the lady is, but he's been in enough urban warzones to know a gang hitman when he sees one. He fires a shot at the bearded man with his las pistol. "Where the hell did I leave my lasgun" he thinks to himself.

Her gun now reloaded Anni-Frid looks over at the combat that Bjorn had finally joined with the strange woman. She was about to move forward to join him, when the sound of another shot echoed up the street and she froze in place. Where was that coming from.

Gabriel's head had turned following Radomil's shot to look up at the combat, but he returned his gaze back to his fellow acolytes, confusion evident across his face. He was evidently unsure whether to join the fight up above or exit elsewhere.
"What's the plan guys?"

Tessera wondered if her laspistol was not, in actual fact, a novelty cigarette lighter. No, surely not. A cigarette lighter would have dealt more damage. Her shot had clearly hit the ganger in the arm, but beyond singing his clothes, it did little damage.

His comrade with the chain toothed axe lowered his from his face, but at the sound from the stray shot, he froze in space watching the scene in front of him carefully.

Adelaide didn't have a plan, but in all of her experience, action was better than inaction. She charged off at full speed toward the scuffle down yonder. She did her best to end her sprint in cover. She came to a pause just in front of her comrade Gabriel.

Gripping his axe tightly with both hands Bjorn screamed out "Die you blind rat!" He swung hard with weapon, trying to cleave Tessera in two but the weapon passed ineffectually in front of her face.

Ignoring the sound of the shot, Agnetha finally made a move. Running out of the alley she passed by Tessera so she could stand behind her. For a moment it looked like she might be going to enter the fight, but catching sight of the rest of the group, her eyes widened before she raised her shotgun to point at them.

Anni-Frid 11 (In the alley way)(Pinned)
Lt Kirov (Commissariat Officer) 8 (Lying dead in the doorway to Roget's building with other acolytes.)
Adelaide 7 (Crossing the walkway 32m from Tessera))
Bjorn 7 (In combat with Tessera)
Agnetha 4 (In the middle of the road behind Tessera

Last edited by Nitafrong on Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2020 2:08 pm

Round 4

Radomil glanced down at his las pistol for a moment. Ideally he would have provided cover to his two companions, but without his lasgun he was a bit hamstrung. The appearance of the second ganger had also made him wonder how many others might be in the alleyway. Gripping his weapon tightly he ran forward up the street, head a little ducked intimating the actions he had done on hundreds of past battlefields.

Raising her gun Anni-Frid, glared over before pointing this toward conflict between Tessera and her comrade.
"Finish her soon Bjorn or I'll put you both down."

Gabriel looks over at Adelaide and Radomil who have both so far ignored his questions.
"Looks like I'm going to have take charge if you two are lost for words. No idea who these people might be, but the gangers seem to be outnumbering the other woman." Holding the shotgun between his arms, he jogged forward, halving the distance between himself and the conflict.

Tessera could see Gabriel out of the corner of her eye. She wasn't going to back down in the face of the gangers just yet. Her resolve needed to be unbreakable... and she also didn't want to look like a coward right in front of those acolytes that she would soon be taking under her wing.

"How can you put me down if you haven't even picked me up?"

Lesot takes aim at the goons, not bothering to alert them to his presence or actions. His shot wipped past Agnetha's face, narrowly missing.

No more shots coming his way Benny finally lowered his weapon from his face.
"Time to die fancy slug!" With a roar, he charged forward, the whirring blades of his chain axe suddenly activating as he hefted the weapon high before swinging it down at Tessera..... only for its blades to bite nothing but empty air, as the woman neatly side stepped out of the way.

'Too slow!' she taunts Benny, side-stepping as his mighty axe narrowly misses her. 'You should try and rel-AXE a little bit, your face's nearly as red as your hair!'

Adelaide continued forward. She didn't quite understand what was going on. Was this the same psychotic episode that had overtaken the commissariat officer? ...and Radomil? She was glad Radomil had regained his senses. Perhaps the Commissariat man would have too eventually, but there was no time to dwell on that. He had made his decision and had died for it.

That was the way of things.

She decided to keep running. When she got a bit closer, she'd have a better look. If someone else needed to die, so be it.

Grunting a little as blood drips down his wounded arm, Bjorn twists his face in angry defence and takes another heavy swing at his opponent. Already moving back from the prior attack, she was unable to defend herself and the attack catches her in the chest.

Beside the fight, Agnetha looks up to see the three figures moving at full run up towards them. Lifting her shotgun she fires a series of three blasts down at the on rushing acolytes, not caring if her attack hits, but trying to slow them down.

Radomil 13- (Crossing the walkway 37m from Tessera.)
Anni-Frid 11 (In the alley way)(Pinned)
Gabriel 10 (Crossing the walkway, 17m from Tessera)
Adept Imbrim Lesot 8 (Standing in the doorway to the building 55m from Tessera)
Benny 8 (In combat with Tessera)
Adelaide 7 (Crossing the walkway 16m from Tessera))
Bjorn 7 (In combat with Tessera) (7/9)
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 3:20 pm

Round 5

Ignoring the scattered shotgun blasts, Radomil lowered his head and continued his run forward up the alley, coming to a partial halt just behind his other two companions.

With all the rest of her companions entered into the battle fully, Anni-Frid finally lowered the weapon from her weapon and moved out of the alley to join her compatriots. Her run took her past where her two companions were duelling with the woman, and to where Agnetha had just unloaded with her shotgun. Finally catching sight of what they were shooting at, she stared with surprise.

"Leave here. This one is ours."

Gabriel turned her handsome face to stare at his two companions, both of whom had failed to answer him again. Frustrated he decided to hold his place for the moment and raising his revolver unloaded a shot back at Agnetha, but the bullet passed harmlessly overhead.

Moving out from where he had been standing at the entrance to the apartment block, Adept Lesot set off up the long walkway towards the other three who had been tasked to follow.

His chain-axe whirring loudly, Benny took a wild swing at Tessera. His attack failed to come anywhere near her though and came within a slice of taking a chunk out of Bjorn, who shouted out in anger.

The rat tat tat of gunfire caused Adelaide's lizard brain to kick into high gear. Years of survival saw muscle memory overcome any type of conscious action; she cut and moved behind the nearest cover she could find: Gabriel.
"Get ya ass down, son!" she said motioning for him to drop low, even as she took up a spot behind him. Once there, she dropped prone and took up a sight on the shooter.

Bjorn, who had been glaring over at his companion, managed to focus again and gripping his axe with both hands struck out at Tessera again.....

Her last action having proved successful, Agnetha aimed her weapon down the alley and fired again. This time, all three figures ducked their heads.

Radomil 13- (Crossing the walkway 19m from Tessera.)
Anni-Frid 11 (In the middle of the road beside Agnetha)
Gabriel 10 (Crossing the walkway, 17m from Tessera)
Adept Imbrim Lesot 8 (Standing in the doorway to the building 43m from Tessera)
Adelaide 7 (Crossing the walkway 18m from Tessera)(Pinned)
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 11:10 am

Round 6
The fresh fire coming from the combat shotgun, seemed to have a exponential effect, this time causing all three acolytes to duck their heads lower.

Radomil was the first to turn, the experienced soldier crouching and making an expeditious retreat back down the wide walkway.

A triumphant smile crosses Anni-Frid's face as she witnesses this.
"Run, why don't you? We will cut you down where you stand."
Hefting her hand cannon she shoots at Gabriel, who fortunately manages to dodge out of the way but unnerved, he also moves back towards Radomil denying Adelaide the partial cover she'd been using.

Tessera gracefully dodged Bjorn's clumsy attack with ease. Having previously drawn her chainsword, she will attack with it! In an attempt to finish off Bjorn, she swings it in a graceful arc towards him. Unfortunately, she must have unbalanced herself with her excellent dodge and her attack just missed him.

Lesot continued his attempt to catch up wth the others and ran to the corner of the building infront, stopping just five meters behind Radomil.

Snarling, perhaps due to the failure of his last attack to hit, or to the fact that he and his brother were having such trouble with this smaller woman, Benny flexed his muscles and swung his axe wildly once more. This flex appeared to have little effect as his aim was just as bad.

Adelaide, perhaps noticing her two companions had retreated back down the street, decides to follow them, perhaps placing discretion above valour. She takes up a position just behind Gabriel again, attempting to use the other acolyte as cover.

Bjorn, a little unerved by how close Tessera's attack was to hitting him, strikes back, but lacking proper conviction, his swing flies clear to her left.

Agentha suddenly laughs as the the three acoyltes retreat back in front of her. "Run! Run why don't you! Let me see your backs!" This time instead of trying to pin the three, she fired her shot directly at Radomil but her shot flies harmlessly over his head.

Radomil 13- (Crossing the walkway 28m from Tessera. Pinned)
Gabriel 10 (Crossing the walkway, 26m from Tessera. Pinned)
Tessera 9 (Standing in front of the alley, in combat with Bjorn and Benny)
Adept Imbrim Lesot 8 (Standing in the doorway to the building 31m from Tessera)
Adelaide 7 (Crossing the walkway 27m from Tessera)(Pinned)
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2020 2:56 am

Round 7
As they got to their new positions, both Adelaide and Radomil felt a bit more secure and prepared to stand and fight. Gabriel though, perhaps unused to this kind of urban firefight didn't feel secure. (Radomil and Adelaide escape effects of pinning)

Radomil stops in his tracks momentarily. His team was clearly outgunned and poorly positioned, but the madwoman with the shotgun was tempting fate. He snaps his pistol up and fires an aimed shot at her center of mass. Agnetha attempted to dodge this, but she was so startled that Radomil actually fired back when she thought he was running away she was only able to step back and took the blast full in the chest. The force caused her to momentarily bend over and spit out blood, before recovering herself and standing again.

Anni-Frid's rigid thin face seemed to set even tighter, appearing more like a skull. Letting out a hiss that was only auidble, she raised her pistol and shot towards the two bodies by the wall. Gabriel took the manstopper bullets straight to the chest, his weak armour providing no protection. The attack felt like he'd been slammed by a Leman Russ but somehow he was still breathing. Whispering words of thanks to the Emporor, he moved further back, taking a position behind Adept Lesot. Even here though he didn't feel secure and would look to retreat once he could move again.

Tessera attacks Bjorn again: 'Might you do me the favour of standing still while I give you a much-needed shave with this chainsword? Your facial hair irks me somewhat.' Her blade whisked through the air and it came within a hair of injuring him, but unfortunately slid past getting no purchase.

Having caught up with the rest of the group, Lesot aims and pulls his trigger, sighting on the closest foe. Agnetha had just looked down, her fingers touching the bloody wound in her chest almost as if surprises that she had been wounded. She had no chance of avoiding the next shot which burned straight through the centre of her chest. Her body seemed to flex back, her rib cage bending inward concave. For a brief moment, onlookers got the impression of the road behind her, before the woman stumbled and collasped to the ground.

Unaware of what had happened to his companion, Benny struck out again with his chain axe, putting everything into the hit. Once again through, it flew clear over her head, and he screamed out in frustration again.

Before anyone could react Adelaide raised her heavy crossbow up propping the stock deep into her shoulder, turning her sights on the other woman. Taking a breath, she then pulled the trigger sending the heavy bolt whirring across the road like a spear from the heavens. Anni-Frid, caught sight of this at the last moment and was just able to dodge, the bolt cracking into the wall behind and punching through.

Bjorn followed the suit of his more muscular companion and also swung all out against Tessera.

The only sound coming from Agnetha now was the soft lapping of blood.

Radomil 13- (Crossing the walkway 28m from Tessera.)
Gabriel 10 (Crossing the walkway, 35m from Tessera. Pinned)
Adelaide 7 (Crossing the walkway 27m from Tessera)
Agnetha 4 (Lying dead in the middle of the road behind Tessera
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 2:29 am

Round 8

Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 Ambush12

The first of their foes fallen, Radomil presses the advantage. He strides forward, firing carefully placed shots at the woman with the autopistol. He had to draw her suppressive fire away from the rest of the team before they were torn apart. His attacks though chewed into the wall behind her, leaving the woman unharmed.

Her face twisting and clearly rising to the challenge, Anni-Frid pointed her pistol at Radomil and shot back.
"Bjorn! Leave her to Benny and attack them!"

Behind the group Gabriel paused his run, but remained half crouched and he didn't look keen on returning back up the alley, not with the gunfire still echoing off the high walls around them.

Tessera lashes out with a graceful swish, clearly growing tired of her adversary's lack of spontaneous wit. Her chainsword slashed deep into the big man causing his face to twist in pain but he turned his head away from her.

Adept Lesot aimed his las pistol from the bottom of the alley up at the remaining unengaged figure of Anni-Frid. His shot sailed wide however, and the the adept pulled a face at his weapon apparently convinced that the machine spirits were unhappy with him.

Benny took advantage of his opponants focus on his brother, and hit out with his axe. The doublehanded blow sunk deep into her side, and the ganger looked up excited to see her pained reaction. However, through some almighty force of ego, Tessera was somehow able to shrug the attack off.

Adelaide kept her cool as the target moved out of the way. So you quick, huh? She thought. She dropped to the ground and took a prone firing position. Gingerly, she reloaded, placing another heavy bolt into the action and taking a calm aim.

Following his orders Bjorn turned his back on the woman who had just wounded him and prepared to run. As Bjorn turns his back to her, Tessera backstabs him cheerfully. "Oh no you don't, Gingersnaps! You missed your moment to back out of this before this fight even began." Her chainsword sunk deep into his shoulders again, but screaming out the main ran forward barrelling down the alley towards the acolytes.

Radomil 13- (Crossing the walkway 28m from Tessera.)
Adelaide 7 (Crossing the walkway 27m from Tessera) Prone
Bjorn 7 (Running down the alley 18m from Tessera) (1/9) -20 BS
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 2:42 pm

Round 9

Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 Ambush13

Radomil stares down the ganger as she levels the autopistol at him. He's ready for her and won't stop his advance. He's faced the guns so many times he tells himself he doesn't fear them, and welcomes death. But the roar of the pistol awakens an animal response in him. He flinches. Though he doesn't realize it, that unconscious motion put him just out of the bullets' path. The searing pain of white hot lead never comes. He exhales and takes another step forward. "'Lucky' they called me..." he thinks, aiming his pistol right between the woman's eyes. His shot is good, heading straight for his target, but at the last moment she shifts her body and the bullets fire harmlessly into the wall.

Raising her own weapon, Anni-Frid stares coldly down the barrel.
"I'm going to stamp the life out of you."
Her return fire punches deep into Radomil's chest, his attempt to dodge too slow.

Hearing the fire Gabriel continues to cower at the back. He was used to some violence as part of an investigation but this do or die ambush in broad daylight had him rattled. People were dying around him as if their lives meant nothing.

"Hadn't even noticed you were there, big guy," Tessera snarks, and her sword darts around lightning-fast in Benny's direction. "Swift stabs for nice abs, that's my motto!" Her blades cut almost as bad as her words, and Benny grunts with pain as the blood starts to flow from his wounds.

Adept Lesot calls out to the gangers. "Lay down your arms. Submit to Imperial Justice!" It was worth a try.

"You laugh but I'm going to make you cry. Cry with blood!" Benny screams this before swinging his axe again at her double handed. Tessera is unable to twist her body out of the way in time and takes a deep cut across the chest. Nothing fatal but the wounds are starting to add up.

Adelaide took a breath in, exhaled slowly, and waited for the space between heartbeats to pull the trigger. There was a hard thwap and the heavy bolt flew toward its target.
The onrushing Bjorn had no chance, the projectile caving in his chest and sending him falling back immediately dead.

Radomil 13- (Crossing the walkway 28m from Tessera.) (3/11)
Adelaide 7 (Crossing the walkway 27m from Tessera) Prone
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 12:26 pm

Round 10

Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 Ambush14

Ah, there is was. The sear of hot lead cutting through him. It was an oddly reassuring feeling for Radomil. Given the chaos and temporary insanity of the past few moments, it was a useful reminder of the tactical situation. He saw the charging brute fly backwards with a bolt in his chest. The tide seemed to be turning in their favor, for the moment at least. In times like these, the only thing there was to do was continue the assault. He aimed at the lone female ganger, and fired.

Anni-Frid attempted to dodge but this time she failed to move quickly enough and the two bullets hit her in the chest, one causing significant damage. She stared down the street and seemed to make a snap judgement based on seeing two of her allies face down in the street. She sprinted as fast as she could back the way she'd came.

Gabriel finally moved up to join the others, and looking a bit shamefaced he said,
"Sorry. That got a bit hairy for me there."

"Face the facts, friend, Fate's forsaken you," Tessera says as she swings the chainsword down. This time she certain she would never hear a weak rejoinder from him. His head was perfectly placed and her chainsword sawed through his neck in one clean movement. For a moment his body was still, and then the head slid off and rolled along the road.

Adelaide saw the fight dying down. There was a stranger up there, but she'd been fighting the same shitheads that the group had been putting down. Enemy of my enemy, Adelaide thinks before rising and getting ready to run forward.

Anni-Frid 11 (In the middle of the road beside Agnetha) (6/12)
Tessera 9 (Standing in front of the alley, in combat with Bjorn and Benny) (5/13)
Benny 8 (Decapitated just by the entrance to the alley) (4/9)
Adelaide 7 (Crossing the walkway 27m from Tessera)

Last edited by Nitafrong on Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 5:09 am

Round 11

Anni-Frid 11 (In the middle of the road beside Agnetha) (6/12)
Tessera 9 (Standing in front of the alley, in combat with Bjorn and Benny) (5/13)
Benny 8 (Decapitated just by the entrance to the alley) (4/9)
Adelaide 7 (Crossing the walkway 24m from Tessera)
Back to top Go down
Kobras_Aquairre

Kobras_Aquairre

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2021 8:01 am

Radomil advances slowly, laspistol still at the ready. No sense in pursuing the last enemy. Their team was caught unaware and needed to regroup. He looks around, and seeing that there are no casualties on their side, approaches the chainsword-wielding woman. "Better watch where you're swinging that, could hurt someone," Radomil says stepping through the pooling blood.
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 11:33 am

Following Radomil's action I'm going to close off the combat.

IC open again!
Back to top Go down
FelicitousPsychicFerret

FelicitousPsychicFerret

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 2:35 pm

Tessera gives Radomil a cheeky grin and a wave. "Oh, hello there! I have to say that I completely agree with you, sir, what were they thinking when they gave this thing teeth? Why, just ask that poor redhead on the floor, the one at my feet!"

Her grin shifts into a momentary grimace of pain as she tidies away her chainsword with as dainty a gesture as possible under the somewhat gory circumstances. "Say, you seem to know a thing or two about scars, judging from your face! Perhaps you'd have a medikit on your person somewhere? No? Glad to see you and your friends didn't lose your head when confronted with red tape and redhaired toughs, haha. Please tell me, am I being overly conversational? Blood loss can make one so giddy..."
Back to top Go down
Kobras_Aquairre

Kobras_Aquairre

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 4:49 pm

Radomil scans the rooftops and windows for further threats, pistol still at the ready."Good news is bleeding'll stop eventually, one way or nother. Who the hell are you anyway? And what in the Emperor's name just happened here?"
Back to top Go down
FelicitousPsychicFerret

FelicitousPsychicFerret

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 3:01 am

"How... inquisitive of you to ask," Tessera said, the very picture of casual - assuming, of course, that someone had just bled all over the canvas. "Out loud, here and now? Let's just say we have a mutual friend with a twitchy disposition, who was of the opinion that the more, the merrier! As for what happened, well, I saw that people were following you, so I followed them, and then they decided my hair wasn't red enough, so they tried to dye it in blood, and now here we are having this lovely chat."
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 10:42 am

The long alley in which the four of you stood had returned to mostly silence following the extended conflict. After all the bellows, cries, gunshots, and the mechanical whirr of a chain blade, there was an eerie stillness that made any new noise stand out. Distantly to your left was the echo of running footsteps. Closer to, there was a wet dripping, that came from one of the bodies. And a sound that you realized had stayed constant throughout the conflict. The rhymical murmur that came from an engine turning over. And now a new sound. A door opening and closing.

Looking up to where the car was sitting at the head of the alley, a small blond woman in casual robes had stepped out of the car and was standing just next to it. She was holding her empty hands out to you, and her face had a wry grin. Her face meant nothing to Tessera, but Radomil recognised her as Pherein Nikē, a lady he had talked to back in the Administratum.
"That looked like quite a nasty one. We were debating helping out, but I was confident you'd sort them out yourselves. I don't think I ever got your name though, or of your friends."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)   Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1: Blood on the streets (IC)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5