A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2

Go down 
+4
Iron and Metal
Sylphilis
Murcurie
bobarctor1977
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 Empty
PostSubject: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 5:53 pm

The room is quiet once more, save for the idling of chainswords and ragged breathing of the survivors. As you regain your composure, the sweat feels very chilly on your faces. It's slowly getting colder...

he/him
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 9:06 am

The enemies finally seeming finished, Damiel breathed deep a few times, scanning the room for any movement before finally lacing his whip together and putting it away. He stopped moving after calming himself down, looking at the wounds his party members had gained, and back at their combat officer, for his most amazing performance. He kept it to himself, but the look on his face said he was quite surprised by the guardsman's idea of combat.

Damiel moved over one of the bodies without pushing the issue, checking it for life, then looking it over for any identifiable possessions. "Well, clearly not a daemon. At a guess, probably tainted by the thin veil on this world, or they've mutated quite a bit over the thousands of generations this thing has been on the rock. I doubt they lived in here with nothing, given how old this thing is. Either they were killing off other creatures, or they were being fed. Basically, without more time I have no idea how they got here or what they're doing here, but if these tech priests are actually here to study this sort of thing, it should have been cleaned out ages ago. I'd say we will probably find more of them in here, and on purpose too."

Damiel rolled the sleeve up on his right arm, showing off the las-pistol he kept mounted on his wrist. unfolding the firing mechanism, Damiel readied the weapon in preparation for the worst. He looked back to Marius, then to Egill, hoping one of them had some further insight into mutant kind or warp taint.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 10:59 am

With the chaos of the combat behind you and when taking a closer look at the mutants, Damiel notices they have Imperial clothing of some sort on them, somewhat obscured by dirt and grotesque growths. In fact, you observe some adeptus mechanicus symbology on their outfits.

Much of the clothing has been shredded away or replaced with crude leather armor, but it is distinguishable all the same.

Sent from Topic'it App

he/him
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 11:34 am

Donna spit out some of the foul blood that had covered her face.

"Muties taste bloody awful." she announces.

She walks over to her dropped pistol and picks it up, dusting it off and putting it back in its holster.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 11:57 am

Felyx's breathing begins to slow to something normal as the adrenaline started leaving his system. He started thinking purely logically once more.

I wonder you are?

He studied the dead creature at the end of his snare, his eyes widening a bit as he saw the Mechanicus cog under the filthy leathers. He dropped the carcass with a thud.

"These are not being of originals occupant. Look. Mechanicus symbology. Taint. Mutation."

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
MmmTasteIt

MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 8:15 am

Marius took a moment to breathe a sigh a relief as silence fell upon the gruesome remains of their fight. Instant regret followed, as he coughed wetly into his arm, blood flecking the sleeve. He'd almost made it out unscathed, but the damned thing had landed a solid blow to his chest-plate. He whispered a quick blessing to the Arbites; he had no doubts that the armor he'd been gifted had saved his life. Absentmindedly, he extracted a swathe of cloth from his combat vest, wiping the gore from his now silent chainblade. As he did, he saw the scorchmark on his pauldron and a wave of hatred rushed broke his post-battle maintenance.

traitortriedtokillmenorespecthewantsyoudeadyoumustpunishpunishpunish

Marius' blood ran cold. Such thoughts were heresy. He would have to resolve himself of such sin later. For now, he had business to attend to. Stowing his blade back in it's holster, he stepped towards Alistair, wincing as pain lanced outwards from his fractured ribs. His normally pale eyes were a piercing blue in the dim light.

"So..." he began, conversationally, "test results have come back, Alistair, and I've got some bad news." He coughed again, spitting his blood venemously to the ground. "You have a terminal case of being a right bastard."

Marius forced a smile. "I thought only commissars were zealous enough to execute subordinates for disobeying a superior's orders they had no way to follow, Alistair. Seeing as you are neither my superior nor sufficiently zealous, I'd say my initial diagnosis stands. That being said," Marius continued, derision oozing from his every word, "I suppose my thorough vivisection of the mutant might have just not been up to your rigorous standards or military excellence. Is that it?"

Marius abruptly turned away from him, gingerly stepping around bits of mutant and doing his best to shelter his damaged ribs. He had more important duties to attend to.

"Is everyo-*hack,cough*... sorry. Does anyone need medical attention?" he managed, in as loud a voice as he dared.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 6:23 pm

Felyx completely ignores Marius.

"Years for to developing these mutation. But where real-space is to being thin... much quicker."

If they are here, then chances are they are elsewhere on the ship. They could be tainting the ultimate holy artifact!

"We need begin purging the ship!" He says a bit too loud and excitedly.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 12:13 am

She points her chainsword at Felyx
"Cogmun got a bright idea roight there he does." she agreed.

"Before we get goin," she intercedes, "jus how big is this ship anyways? Oui mean, a few rooms, halls and wot not is all good, but Oui heard some of these ship can get as big as a whole hive. Wot yew think we be dealin wit?"
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 2:08 am

Egill slapped Felyx on the back as the last mutant fell. “Good fighting, ya” he bellowed, the adrenaline and victory made him cheerful despite their predicament. He cleaned his blade on the tentacled body and then examined it for kinks, satisfied it was good he returned it to the sheath across his back.

He stood back as Marius vented. What was it with Alistair?

When he was done Egill stepped forward and put a supporting hand on Marius’ shoulder “Yeah I’ve a few scrapes but perhaps you should see to yourself first, ya need a hand?”

As wounds were cleaned and bandages applied Egill nods in agreement with Felyx “Ya, closeness to the warp will do that to a man over time.”
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 2:10 pm

Damiel looked over to where Felyx was pointing and gave a nod. Quickly, they all came to the same conclusion.

"Right. Tainted then. And that spells bad news for our techie friends next door. Let's keep it tighter from here on out, looks like most of us are more comfortable in melee."

Damiel gently drew his whip again, making sure he was prepared in case events went south.
Back to top Go down
Theoretical

Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 11:27 pm

The tension in Alistair's shoulders didn't relax as the mutants slumped to the ground. Glances around the room didn't reveal any additional contacts, and so Alistair took position over the fly mutant. "Some of them can be bloody stubborn. Had a couple stand up on us, despite numerous lasgun wounds to the body." The voice of an old grizzled veteran that Alistair once knew rose to the surface of Alistair's mind.

"Incoming shot, no danger, taking precautions" Alistair calls to the team. Lasgun aimed directly between the eyes of the mutant before him, Alistair pulls the trigger. The mutant's head smokes as the heat of the shot burns through the disfigured forehead and burns a cauterised path through the brain. Nodding, Alistair moves over the the second mutant. And pauses as Marius calls him out. Alistair's shoulders stiffen as the so-called 'field medic' slings abuse at him.

Staying silent for a moment, Alistair continues to move towards the other mutant, finally standing over the tentacled face, lasgun pointed swaying inches above the face.

"Marius. Your wounds. You might want to check them, mutants are known to carry diseases, toxins or poisons." The casual tone Alistair is trying to maintain breaks. "Of course, if you had disengaged, you might have avoided such circumstances. I wonder, given your pride over your 'thorough vivisection', if you couldn't disengage, or simply wouldn't? Alistair pauses, and then drops in tone. "I remember you saying your job was to keep these people alive. If you are instead intent on throwing your life away in some blaze of glory, then you're worthless to me." The last words are punctuated by the thrust of a bayonet into the mutant's eye. Blood and gore splattered around the mutant, painting the barrel of the lasgun with flecks of off colour spots.

Taking another, deeper, breath, Alistair turns to face Marius. "Unlike you, however, I will admit my faults. I did not intend to harm you, and the fact that I did hit you is a measure of the improvement I still need to make."
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 1:05 pm

Egill didn't care for another argument; couldn't Alistair see that the medic was just trying to defend himself, the mutant had attacked him latching onto his back after-all. Perhaps the guardsman should have manned up and helped out by getting his knife out.

He had felt the chill starting to creep into his survival suit, so Egill had more important concerns than ramming the wedge further into their group. it was getting dark outside, the cold would get worse and would probably eventually be fatal.

"Marius, Alistair we do not have time for this." Egill says forcefully "Its getting cold and the chill will eventually freeze your balls off. I suggest we get back to the research station or at worse make a quick sweep of this place and then head back."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2018 12:23 am

She revs the chainsword, just to clear it of blood and gristle.

"oui'm all fer werkin up a sweat killin more gribblies. Can we play jus a littol more?" she asks in a playfully mocking tone.
Back to top Go down
Theoretical

Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2018 4:55 am

Alistair looks over towards Egil, simmering anger and frustration still twisting his posture.

"We should leave now. I saw enough shivers and shortness of breath on the walk over here. The Hivers won't handle the cold on the way back if we don't get moving. Unless Felyx thinks he can power some heating?"
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2018 7:48 am

“I can to be trying my best.”

Shaking off some of the mutant goo from his flak robes, Felyx walked back over to the console and set his combi-tool beside it. He would be needing it soon. Servitor followed loyalty and made ready to assist.

He need only harness a tiny fraction of the power in the engines. He didn’t intend on powering the whole ship, just this room. This could be their headquarters.

This could be the jumping off point for the reclamation of the biggest find in this sector in thousands of years...

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 3:00 pm

**Update Post**

Felyx and Servitor immediately got to work on the cogitator. With the hard part - breaking into the system - already over, he had no trouble accessing it and finding what he needed once more...

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 3:21 pm

She pouts, but nodded in understanding. She was getting colder as well, and knew the dangers of overextending your welcome.

"If yew be sayin' so chum. Time to go home and get some of that 'yummy' gruel then? 'T may be as tasty as a box, but least its warm."

She rests the chainsword on her shoulder and looks to see if Felyx would listen or if they would have to tear him away from the cogitators.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 10:02 am

Felyx once more navigates through the menus of the cogitator. It moves sluggishly, each input taking 10-15 seconds to register. Eventually, he reaches the data logs that he had meant to check after viewing the basic info and inventory.

Though many files are corrupted, some pertinent details stand-out from the ships log:

- The Euphrates plotted a course to deep-space to find a planet suitable for colonization. In the words of their original statement: "We humble adherents of the Solaris Collective seek to establish a new path for humanity, free from the wars and violence of our wayward kin. With advanced technology, an unwavering belief in the dignity of all life forms, and a commitment to peace, we will forge the beginnings of a new era for the galaxy."

- The Euphrates scanned the planet upon arrival and deemed it suitable for terraforming. After much deliberation among their inner council, they decided to land and establish a colony.

- The Euphrates actually touched down upon the surface of this planet - it did not crash land, but landed very intentionally and safely.

- A subterranean colony was established at the coordinates of 42.3684° N, 83.3527° W. This subterranean colony provided shelter while terraforming and climate control procedures worked to process the environment and make it suitable for agriculture.

- Virtually all of their inventory was transported to this colony for use...including the STC.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 10:15 am

Felyx read very carefully, the data sealing itself in his brain.

"Yuu-furay-tees ship - this ship - history, I have now. Landed here - no crash. Mission:
terraform. Subter, subterran... under the ground colony is establish; coordinates: 42.3684° N, 83.3527°
W. This colony is main bases for terraform mission. All inventory transferred here."

ALL inventory. The STC as well. His mission was more clear than ever before. Whatever heresies were being committed, they needed to gain access to the cave and destroy the hereteks.

Back to top Go down
Theoretical

Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 6:13 am

Peering down a corridor, Alistair turns to look at the tech-priest.

"Look, Felyx, that's all really interesting, and I would be happy to listen you talk about it later. We need to leave now, or get some power and heat going. By the sounds of it, that Mechanicum dig is something we should look into. Shall we leave then?"
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 8:10 am

Felyx threw a glance at Alistair. The former tech priest's face still had some mutant blood and tentacle goo on it that he hadn't thought to wipe off. Only now did he realize that it was starting to stick to his face more because of the weather than anything else.

He nodded. "We are not needing to being here. But keeping in minds, we should to be considering this place still operating bases. Hideaway. Return now yes, but fall back to this may being necessaries."

He saved all of the data he had recovered on an encrypted storage space on his data-slate and secured it tightly. He then made sure the blood and goo was off of his face. Pulling his cold-weather gear tighter around his body and head, he stood again on Servitor's back pedals so as to let the tracked automaton do all the moving.

+++Servitor Unit, avoid all obstacles - continuously scan for path of least resistance - stay aware for threats to Master+++

Back to top Go down
Theoretical

Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 3:23 am

The cold was really starting to bite, and Alistair knew that some of the group would struggle on the way back.

"Well team, time to see what we're made of. Remember, keep moving. No stopping on the way home."

Alistair moved into the corridor, lasgun barrel checking corners and doors until he made it back to the entrance to the ship. Taking a deep breath, cold, filtered air burning the back of his throat, Alistair slung his lasgun over his shoulder, and started the long trek back.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 8:13 am

Inside the ship, the cold feels like it has seeped into your bones. As you near the exit, fierce winds and drafts only add to the fierce, biting temperature. A howling wind whistles down the corridor, each gust making an eerie echoing noise reminiscent of damned souls being dragged into the depths of the warp.

You exit the ship into a maelstrom of falling snow. Your lights stab into the white murk for a yard or two, but are essentially useless in the raging blizzard. Darkness has fallen, so there is no other illumination to count on. The gale force winds whip back and forth, buffeting your clothing about and necessitating that any communication come in the form of yells and gestures.

"Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of faith." There was no missing the trembling falter in Mission Leta's voice.

he/him
Back to top Go down
MmmTasteIt

MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 am

Marius rubbed his hands together vigorously, doing his best to offset the cold that was biting through his garb. He knew well the destructive force of frostbite; the wounds he had treated after cryosystem malfunctions had been some of his least favorite. The best technologies could do little to rejuvenate flesh damaged by such forces... and he knew that they were far removed from the necessary facilities to stand a chance of dealing with injury sustained by this place's bitter elements.

"Alistair is correct. Delaying our voyage is suicide; there is no guarentee that we can avoid further suffering unless we keep a brisk pace,"
Marius shouted into the howling gale, "Felyx we cannot navigate this storm by our eyes alone. Do you have coordinates for the station that we can follow?"
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 12:06 pm

Egill stamped his feet and hugged himself in the blizzard, he thanked the Emperor for his beard which offered a modicum of extra warm against the biting cold. This was a bad idea he thought, could they make it back in time before succumbing to the cold. It would also be very easy to get lost in this.

"We should get back into the ship and make a fire" he yelled into the wind "We've left it to late."
Back to top Go down
Theoretical

Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 9:52 pm

Alistair turned and looked at the barbarian, rebreather making chilling sight in the swirling white snow whipping around his head.

"We have no choice. Without power, the ship becomes a giant, frozen tomb. A fire won't help. Harden your resolve, stoke the flames of faith, and follow."
Turning, then pausing, Alistair reached into his combat vest and released the spooled grapnel line, before offering it the group.

"Affix the line to something on you, then pass it on. Visibility will get poor, and I don't want to have to go looking for someone who took a wrong turn. It also means that we'll notice if someone collapses." Alistair explained. He didn't mention that if anyone collapsed, there was a good chance they would get left behind

-- --

Alistair swore softly under his breath, map held closely to face. The storm had picked up, dropping visibility to a couple of metres at best. Picking out landmarks from the pure white noise was impossible. Even just maintaining a straight line was difficult, without any visual references to align with.

Wiping a gloved hand across the map to clear damp snow, if only for a second, Alistair swore again. The ground has been rising slowly for the last couple of minutes, and the angle had just increased sharply. Tugging slightly on the line, Alistair kneeled on the ground, and cleared snow off the ground. What he saw was not the frozen silt and soil of the valleys they were supposedly traveling in but instead the hard rock, indicative of one of the mountains guarding the edges of the valley. At some point, they had inadvertently changed their direction of travel. Most likely when they had to go around a sudden snowdrift. Without knowing what angle they took, however, it was going to be hard to figure out which way to go. Alistair stood slowly, cold sapping the energy from his limbs, and stared into the whirling wall of white, hoping for some glimpse of anything that he could use to get their position. Despite the lack of any visible signs, a flash of insight, perhaps divine providence, gave Alistair some direction. Given the angle that they are traveling up the slope, Alistair could guess, at least, the direction that they were traveling, if not their location. Changing to face his best guess angle of their destination, Alistair forcing his muscles to move again, calling over his shoulder.

"Getting closer, about two thirds there! Just keep holding on!" He lies, blatantly. Morale would drop like a stone if they knew the truth, alongside their ever decreasing chance of survival.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 12:02 pm

Donna was unsure what to do.

The sky was dark and her eyesights was coated with a curtain of wind and snow. poor visability my ass! she thought.
"Oui don see no visabiwity" she remarks coldly.

----

It was suicide to leave the ship now, but no one seemed to argue with Alistair. So she clipped into the line and followed. Visibility now was so poor that she couldnt see who she was clipped to. The line just extended into the snow and wind. There was still tension on it, so she was still following someone, and there was also still someone following her in turn.

She hated it here. It was open, wide open. And the sound of wind was much more deadly then the heavy manufactorums on the hive she came from. And the lack of constant claustrophobia was maddening.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 12:31 pm

It almost gets easier as you trudge through the snow and swirling blizzard - rather than pain or discomfort, you just feel numb. If you weren't all acutely aware of the hazards of frostbite, perhaps you'd be pleased with the slow loss of feeling in your limbs and extremities.

The monotonous, endless walking and near-total sensory deprivation leaves you in a stupor, but a bright light from above jolts you out of your daze. Faint at first, hard to make out through the heavy snowfall, but slowly getting brighter is a dazzling medley of colors - blues and purples and reds and oranges. The lights strongly illuminate the ground and snow around you.

instructions:

he/him
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 4:22 pm

As they continue, her mind drifts. As deathly as this was, it was intently boring.

Her life may have teetered on the balance, but the only thing she could do to save it was to place one foot in front of the other.

Thusfar, she had kept her eyes on the cord extending into the white-black, but the white-black was shifting to colors, a pinkish-red, then a bluish-green. Following the stramge colors draws her eyes up, where she sees what could only be fireworks in the sky, illuminating it.

"'Ey!" she tries to shout above the wind, not knowing if it had any effect."Sumpthin strange is goin on up in tha sky!"
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 5:47 pm

Felyx moved on, annoyed that his careful plotting of the landscape and the positions of all structures relative to them had clearly not been useful. Perhaps it was not properly used; the information is correct.

He was ever so thankful that, in all his omnipotent wisdom and glory, the Omnissiah had gifted him Servitor. He could imagine how tiring it must be to walk through such terrain. So he found himself daydreaming as the lights came down from above.

Naturally curious, he began scanning his memory for any indication what this could be. Predators using lights to steal the focus of their prey came to mind first. He quickly looked away and around at his surroundings, moving his mancatcher from Servitor's back. He held it in his right hand, laying it across his let arm.

+++Stay wary of threats, Servitor+++

With his ability to defend himself established, he looked up once more to attempt to gain some understanding.

[Going to assume the Defensive Stance position]

Back to top Go down
Theoretical

Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 8:28 pm

Alistair, leading the pack, was broken out of his reverie by the flickering lights swirling into the white wall. Shocked, it took Alistair a couple of seconds to process the sight before him. Puzzlement, this doesn't look like the base, confusion, what are those things? Finally, a bit of fear.

"Ah... Damiel? Egil? Do, you know what this is?"

It was then that Alistair noticed the illumination that the lights were giving. Ignoring the lights as best as he could, Alistair used the opportunity to try and locate any landmarks that might actually give him an indication of their position.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 1:21 am

One foot in the front of the other, over and over again. Egill's vision became restricted as frost built up on his eyebrow and lashes - he could barely make out the person in front of him that he followed. Egill knew little of survival and even less about dangers of frozen regions. As the pain of the cold made way to numbness he assumed this was because he was becoming accustomed to it, not that is was an early sign of frostbite.

As lights started dancing in the sky Egill regarded them in awe, what a pretty sight it was. "I've no idea." he shouted at Alistair over the storm

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 8:02 am

A brief respite in the storm passes over you. The snow and wind almost seems to come to a standstill, bringing an unnatural silence with it. Visibility around you increases considerably.

The flash of peace and calm gives you a clearer look at a small spot of blinding color against the night sky that violently shifts and trembles, its kaleidoscopic light illuminating the party. A smorgasbord of dark colors shine down upon the world. It's not a full rainbow...only red, orange, purple, and blue shades...

It spastically opens wider like a wound or a dilating eye. Before you know it, it snaps shut once more, plunging you back into darkness and murk. The whole light show begins and ends inside of a few seconds at most.

Those of you who gazed into it for even the briefest of moments feel a searing, debilitating pain slice through your brain.

instructions:

he/him
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 8:30 am

Cold. Cold everywhere. The ground froze his feet, the snow his hands and face. Each shallow breath was like swallowing ice. Still, Damiel trudged on, knowing the unspoken consequences of succumbing to the storm. This was the first time he was jealous of their tech adept, at least he didn't have to worry about exhaustion.

Then the lights came. a swirl of something sinister, but almost artistic. Damiel looked up at them, and it only took a moment for him to realize their position. He'd only seen something of this magnitude once before, when he was still keeping warden on the ships. One of the potential psykers had a melt down in transit, defiled his mind, then his flesh, then exploded into something not unlike that. He was killed instantly, and the rift closed itself not a moment after, but it burned the memory into his mind forever. He turned to his comrade with a solemn nod.

"That, dear guardsman... is the thing we warn our kids about. What you're looking at is a hole directly into the Empyrium. For a fissure to open directly, without provocation... The veil of the warp is much thinner here than we thought."

The visions that followed that thought shook him to the core. Every rogue psyker he'd retired, every child he lost on the black ships, every soul he'd seen melt out of their shell... praying at the feet of a dark mass of warping flesh. Each face slowly turned to face the fissure, and he felt them gazing back at him. The mysterious creature looked at his followers and let out a small chuckle as its ever shifting body reached out and latched on to a praying soul. As it began to pull in the follower, they began to laugh as well, their laughter growing until they yelled a cacophony. They didn't stop as they were being eaten, all the way up until the creature took their head. Even still, they never took their eyes off of Damiel.

"The siren calls... and Hell follows after." He says, readying his laspistol in case anyone gave in. In truth, he hoped that anything which came out of that fissure would kill him quickly, far better that than the alternatives.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 12:08 pm

The research lab was stifling. Data input. Species received. Height. Length. Weight. Time survived. Details of research. Assisting his superior. Always assisting. He could hardly breathe. All he wanted in his heart was to be out - he was above this. He was an explorator, but no one would hear it.

He tried to raise his arm to input more data. That was when he realized the steel rings around his wrist preventing him from moving. He looked around once again trying to make sense of it. He was no longer at the cogitator. Now he sat squarely in the middle of the room fully restrained. Three servitors prodded into him and he could feel every centimeter their needles protruded. The tech priest biologis approached with a rudimentary tool.

+++Felyx-080 you have been too curious for your post. You have been reassigned to serve the Omnissiah unfaulteringly. You will make an excellent servitor.+++

He fought desperately against the restraints to no avail. The cold metal touched the base of his nose, angled perfectly to thrust into his brain for the lobotomizing blow. All of the knowledge that was and all of the knowledge that could have been gained was taken from him in an instant. He screamed as the walls closed in around him into nothingness.

Felyx came back to reality with the scream on his lips. He took a deep breath and looked around. His eyes found Damiel's.

"Discomfort extreme - the veil between planes was being."

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 1:42 pm

Donna stepped down the stairs resplendant in her long flowing dress. Many people had shown to the banquet and the dance hall was almost full. All eyes turned to her as she glided down the steps, trailing the long flowing dress.

Somewhere hidden, some menial announced:
"Her worship, Princess Donna [silence] of the greater reaches."

A great clap of approval spread through the hall.
A man in a dress miliary uniform come before her and bows, presenting her something.
She reaches for the item and....

Cold, intense cold that soaked through her skins and infected her very bones. She was coated in gore and flecks of blood. "Fethin grox shit, wot in tha blazes was that?"
She coughs, unsure of how to respond to the walking nightmare.
Back to top Go down
Theoretical

Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 11:08 pm

Alistair, staring past the lights for landmarks, noticed the blue colour smearing across one side of his vision. Shaking his head, Alistair turned away from the light, but yet the blue blotch stayed in the corner of his eye. Even worse, it seemed to grow in size. Blasted Warp lights Alistair thought, before closing his eyes. Initially, as the eyelids close, the blue blotch disappears, replaced by the darkness of his inner eyelid. Suddenly, Alistair felt a faint itch on his right eye. A thin flicker of blue light broke the darkness of his closed eyes. That thin line grew into a wavy tendril, attached to a blue-purple blotch that seemed to be forcing it's way through his eyelid. Within seconds, the blotch had invaded most of his sight, a oscillating shape of light sitting squarely in his vision. Alistair opened his eyes and screamed. The white light, reflected off the snow, pouring around the tendrils waving in his eye, but didn't penetrate through the growing blue blob that had taken up residence in the centre of his vision. Spreading, growing, the blotch seemed to organise itself into a grinning face, features made from different shades of blue and purple. The mouth opened, wider and wider, a black void swallowing Alistair's vision. Suddenly, a pop. The colours lights die, and with it, the blotch shrunk rapidly. With the final flickers of light disappearing from his vision, Alistair drops to his knees, head held in his hands.

Looking up into the now dark sky, Alistair mutters to himself. "Emperor save me from all warp spawned bastards."
Back to top Go down
MmmTasteIt

MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 8:45 am

Marius raised his head to the sky, startled by the sudden glow. An aurora? As he looked upon the colors emanating from the strange phenomenon, his blood ran cold. Those hues...

Again.

The blizzard around him vanished, the howling gales replaced with the roaring of flames, the snowflakes with ash and ember. The bodies of his comrades were flaming, screeching pyres, engulfed by the kaleidoscope fires that spewed forth from all directions. But they did not die. They would not be silent. Marius wept for them, tears of blood running down his cheeks. He could not forget the horrid truth of their plight. The fires would not consume them... they would consume the fires. The forms of his comrades shifted and contorted impossibly, a riot of colors flashing across their exposed and mutilated flesh. Marius recoiled, feeling his scars reopened. Fresh blood. Kindling to be consumed. The fires rushed towards him, drawn to his wounds. Marius cried out; he felt his blood boiling, searing pain filling his mind.

Soon.

Marius gasped as the icy winds lashed across his face. Reality had reasserted itself. The phenomena of the sky had passed. But the icy chill that remained was not only that of the storm. Death from the cold was no consequence; Marius had heard of the numbness and contentedness of those succumbing. No... if they were to die out here now, they may suffer a fate that would make such a death a blessing by comparison.

"Steel your minds!" he shouted through the gale, "Do not succumb to it! We must keep moving!"
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 2:49 am

The world wobbles before Egill, ripples rush outwards and in their place as the ripples expand eyes appear within the dancing lights. A myriad of different shapes, sizes and colours which stare at Egill with hatred and hunger.

The eyes blink as one and as they do Egill also blinks, as he opens his eyes again all is dark, the storm is gone and only a singular pair of eyes remain, staring out of the darkness. Their malevolence is overwhelming, Egills soul shrinks and withers before it.

A clawed hand looms out of the dark and clamps around his neck...

"AARRGH!" he screams. Egill falls back away from the lights and crashes into whoever is behind him. The vision gone Egill remains on the floor panting heavily with shock.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 5:55 pm

The wind has returns to its normal gale, the blizzard blowing all the same.

However, Alistair had caught a glimpse of something during the few seconds when the snow had seemingly been frozen in time and the warp lights shone. Lights, in the distance. Real, earthly ones, at ground level. Three fluorescent floodlights and one beeping red light...

It appears the Emperor has saved you from a cold, frozen death in the storm...or is it the machinations of a darker deity?

he/him
Back to top Go down
Theoretical

Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 11:12 pm

As the wind picks up, Alistair notices the floodlights moving slowly across the snow.

"The lights are gone! We're almost there! Quickly, before we are all doomed once more!" Alistair calls, relief overwhelming any caution he may fear. With a burst of energy born from hope, Alistair stood quickly and started walking towards the revealed lights, pulling strongly on the line as it came taunt.
Back to top Go down
MmmTasteIt

MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 9:21 am

Marius winced. In that blasted vision, he had apparently torn at his gear to "put out the flames" The dislodged apparel, already worn and battered, had allowed more of the bitter chill in than he'd realized. The warmth that he felt in his limbs triggered an alarm in his brain; he was succumbing to frostbite. Quickly. The scars on his limbs, remnants of the ritual in the spire, had apparently made him more susceptible to the chill. Circulation! That was it. His was impaired. He would need to seek a solution to this trouble if he were to continue serving the Emperor in such harsh conditions.

"Follow Alistair! He has a bearing!"

On this occasion, Marius saw no reason to distrust the enigmatic guardsman. Even he would detest such an ignoramus death by the elements.
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 1:56 pm

Damiel stumbled, and fell into the snow. The combination of the cold and the warp proved too much for him in that moment. He regained his sanity as soon as the snow reached his face, the shock came from the realization that it was warm. He brought himself up on his hands and knees, and finally to his feet again.

Marius's proclamation brought him back to reality reinvigorated. "Finally. Let's get out of this hell-hole." He readied himself and moved forward after Alistair.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 11:21 pm

Donna silently trudges forward, one foot after the other.

She made sure to remember to kick someone's ass when they got back. She wouldnt feel it anyway.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2018 7:56 am

Within 30 minutes or so of trudging through the snow, you've made it to the shelter. The storm is abating, but the snow is still falling heavily. Visibility has improved, making it easier to see 50-70 yards out.

The first door you approach is locked, but after hailing someone within and waiting a minute or two, it slides open. Once you walk through the second, inner door, you can see the station dimly lit by the running lights along the floor that stay on throughout the night.

instructions:

he/him
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2018 11:44 pm

Donna takes a look around, shaking off the frost and snow.
"Looks like awh is awh right here. No slimies 'ere."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 6:03 pm

Felyx enters atop Servitor and immediately feels the warmth caress his skin. How good it felt.

Perhaps the zealots who preach of nothing but replacing their flesh with steel are on to something. He briefly glanced down at his own cybernetic hand. Anymore procedures would have to wait. With mutants and hereteks controlling this moon, he wondered if he would even live to see the STC, much less a friendly chirurgeon.

"You. Keeping such things to your own self. Mentioning to no one. Mentioning nothing. Our excursion was to sampling and to mapping. This is all."

Could Donna really be so simple in the brain?

The hereteks could not know they found the Euphrates. They could not know they were on to them.

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2018 1:32 am

Egill steps into the relative warmth and stamps his feet to try and get the feeling back into his toes.

The vision still haunted him and he could taste the warp taint on himself and his companions - they had paid a 'cost' out there in the icy cold.
Back to top Go down
Theoretical

Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2018 2:28 am

The warmth inside gave Alistair an Emperor blessed feeling of relief. Taking a moment to rest against the wall, Alistair looked around at the rest of the crew.

"Well done folks. You all did well. Now, lets get back to our quarters and get these wet clothes off asap. Oh, and please untie yourselves from the grapnel line now."
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 4:27 pm

As you stamp off your boots and wipe the snow off your parkas, you hear some hushed voices talking in a very urgent voice down the hall. After a few moments, the conversation stops and footsteps patter down the hall. Norgrim appears in the doorway, smiling but looking very tired.

"By the Emperor! I am happy to see you made it back safe and sound. Between the storm and your prolonged absence, we were beginning to fear for the worst..." He stops, noticing the tears and rips in your clothing/armor, as well as any blood/bandages.

"Oh dear, did you run into trouble? Perhaps our medbay could be of service?"

he/him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2   Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blood Moon IC - Chapter 2
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next