A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Character Creation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

Character Creation Empty
PostSubject: Character Creation   Character Creation EmptyMon May 27, 2019 2:23 pm

Welcome along to The Ides of March! I'm going to be putting details here on how to build your characters.

We are going to be mainly using the DH2 rule book, but I'm open to you also using backgrounds from the supplements if you wish. You can follow the guidelines in the book for character creation. I'm going to be posting a basic template below which you can complete and then add to the PC thread.

PC Attributes
When rolling for your characters characteristics, I'll need you to use an online dice roller and paste the results next to it. We'll be using this within the game itself too. Orokos (https://orokos.com/) is quite a popular one here.

XP and Gear
As with the rule-book you will have 1000xp to spend on building your character up and be able to pick as many Scarce (-10) items as equals your Influence bonus.
In addition to this I'm going to allow you to choose an additional Scarce item, but this must be of a personal nature to your character. It can range from anything, be it the Sniper Rifle that your character retained from their days as a Guardsman, a Multikey you lifted off your first kill, or even a data slate on which your character has stored a vast collection of the most horrifying erotic stories from around the Askellon Sector. Describe any distinguishing marks or features this item might have, all detail is good and helps build out your character.

Background
Within your background, I'd like you to come up with how your character came to the attention of the Inquisitor. I'll be posting more information about her in the NPC thread shortly. I'm open to discussion how this might have come about, your character may have been peripherally involved in an operation the Inquisitor carried out in the past or she may have heard of you through some deed or action, honourable or illicit. You character might have been completely unaware of her prior to receiving an Inquisition embossed missive ordering you to the meeting place, or may have received a lengthy interrogation.

Also, if you happen to have an found an image of what your character looks like, feel free to add this to too. This isn't a necessity, but it can be helpful to other characters imagining what they look like.

NPCs
I'd also like you to post details about three NPC's that your character has had association with in the past.
The first of these will be an ally e.g a family member, love interest, or close friend.
The second is someone who is neutral towards your character e.g a fence from your past life, or a former teacher
The third will be an enemy of your character e.g a hive gang leader who you ripped off or a noble with a longstanding blood feud against your family.

Feel free to be as inventive or descriptive with these. At some point within the story I will tie in some of these characters.

Flaws
Finally, one last thing you should think about your character is what flaws they might have. There is a really good list here with a wide range of different attributes which they might have. https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com/t70-character-flaws

I'm a big fan of nuanced characters and I'll award additional XP to characters who follow their flaws, especially in situations which aren't to their advantage.

Last edited by Nitafrong on Mon May 27, 2019 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

Character Creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Creation   Character Creation EmptyMon May 27, 2019 2:41 pm

Basic template

Name:
Home world:
Background:
Role:
Divination:
Demeanor:

WS
BS
S
T
Ag