A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Character Creation

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Thelonius

Thelonius

Character Creation Empty
PostSubject: Character Creation   Character Creation EmptyMon May 25, 2020 1:48 am

Create your own thread for your character and use this template for the stats. Ideally put a link to your character in your forum signature, then it is easier to jump directly to the sheet from any given post of yours.

Character sheet template

Name:
Class:
Background:
Image if available

Stats
STR:  
DEX:
CON:
INT:
WIS:
CHA:

Attack Bonus:
Hit Points: ?/?
AC:
Experience: 0

Skills
e.g. Connect-1

Foci
e.g.
Gunslinger-1
- You can draw or holster a Stowed ranged weapon as an On Turn action.
- You may add your Shoot skill level to a ranged weapon’s damage roll.

Class
Bullet points for your class abilities. e.g. Warrior:
- You gain a free level in a combat-related focus associated with your background.
- Once per scene, as an Instant ability, you can either choose to negate a successful attack roll against you or turn a missed attack roll you made into a successful hit.
- You gain two extra maximum hit points at each character level.

Saves
Physical
Mental
Evasion

Equipment
e.g. (r) is readies, (s) is stowed
Semi-Auto Pistol (1d6+1 damage) (r)
Backpack (TL0) (r)

Credits: 0

Background:
Free text about your character. Describe his/her looks, behaviour, ticks and quirks. Do also talk about his/her past and the motivation why he/she is living the life of an adventurer. I would also prefer if the character has some goals that drive him/her and shape his/her behaviour.

Last edited by Thelonius on Mon May 25, 2020 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thelonius

Thelonius

Character Creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Creation   Character Creation EmptyMon May 25, 2020 1:52 am

Regarding the character creation you are free to create your own character. Just use orokos.com (this is the defacto standard on this forum, as far as I know) for all the rolls so we can all track it.

If you would like to do something unusual, do get back to me, but if there is reasonable "justification" for it, I'm likely going to go with it.

If anyone needs help creating a character I am happy to help. The rules are freely available here: Stars Without Number Revised Free Edition
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

Character Creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Creation   Character Creation EmptyMon May 25, 2020 6:46 am

Quick question about Background. The Recruitment post intro implies we have some sort of amnesia. How much do we remember?
Back to top Go down
Kobras_Aquairre

Kobras_Aquairre

Character Creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Creation   Character Creation EmptyMon May 25, 2020 7:42 am

Do you want us to roll our stats or can we use the standard array of scores?
Back to top Go down
Thelonius

Thelonius

Character Creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Creation   Character Creation EmptyMon May 25, 2020 8:39 am

Either way. Both are legal approaches as for the rules.
I personally find the rolling more exciting, but of course that is up to you. The array is a bit more predictably, obviously.
Back to top Go down
Thelonius

Thelonius

Character Creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Creation   Character Creation EmptyMon May 25, 2020 8:42 am

moarhair wrote:
Quick question about Background. The Recruitment post intro implies we have some sort of amnesia. How much do we remember?

Right, great question, I forgot to mention this. Yes, you do remember everything about yourself, but you do not remember the most recent events, so you do not remember where you are, why you are there and who the others are. Basically you can decide yourself what the last thing is that you remember. You do however remember everything about yourself and what makes out you as a character.
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

Character Creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Creation   Character Creation EmptyMon May 25, 2020 9:05 am

Thelonius wrote:
Either way. Both are legal approaches as for the rules.
I personally find the rolling more exciting, but of course that is up to you. The array is a bit more predictably, obviously.

I'm going to roll mine. Probably a mistake, though, lol. We'll see what I end up with. Let it serve as a cautionary tale or an inspiration to the rest of the team.
Back to top Go down
Thelonius

Thelonius

Character Creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Creation   Character Creation EmptyMon May 25, 2020 9:07 am

Or you end up with the hyper intelligent, super-humanly strong pretty-boy/girl with all 18 - we shall see. Hence the excitement. Smile
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

Character Creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Creation   Character Creation EmptyMon May 25, 2020 11:38 am

It went pretty well, but I'm really glad you can change one stat to a 14 when you roll them.

So I got an agile pilot with lots of endurance that is kind of reckless. Pretty average otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Kobras_Aquairre

Kobras_Aquairre

Character Creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Creation   Character Creation EmptyMon May 25, 2020 7:24 pm

I've rolled a warrior who's got a merchant background.
Back to top Go down
Thelonius

Thelonius

Character Creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Creation   Character Creation EmptyMon May 25, 2020 10:08 pm

Nice. So we'll need another expert or two and we're good to go.
Back to top Go down
Thelonius

Thelonius

Character Creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Creation   Character Creation EmptyMon May 25, 2020 10:47 pm

Kobras_Aquairre wrote:
I've rolled a warrior who's got a merchant background.
We're did you post the character and rolls? It doesn't show me any new character except moarhairs in the thread.
Back to top Go down
hamhambone

hamhambone

Character Creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Creation   Character Creation EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 8:13 pm

Hi all! excited to join this group!

I decided to roll for my stats:
https://orokos.com/roll/848838
Well I got a plus 1 to DEX, which is nice, the -1 con isn't ideal, but I could use my free 14 to patch that up (minus con is always super evocative to me though... (though not exactly optimal tongue )). My mental scores have potential.

I was leaning towards playing a sneaky-type character, and I think that these rolls would work for that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Character Creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Creation   Character Creation Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Creation
Page 1 of 1