A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ghost in the Machine (IC)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 4:25 pm

Spoiler:

IC
It was about to become a battle of wills. With the last mutant marching towards Rook, he needed to keep space so that he could at least get some kind of chance to dodge. Also, the further it walked the quicker Kaylith could close the distance at a faster pace. He let loose with another stream of bullets, though this time his aim was truly off. when he released the trigger he took a few half steps backwards keeping his aim on the beast. Very good. Let me know when you're close!
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 4:35 pm

Round 6

There were footsteps and then Rook could hear Kaylith's voice much closer. She was at the entrance to his corridor, but keeping in cover because she was not an idiot. "Tell me when to go!" She was awaiting his word.

Rook's movement back threw off the creature's aim. Its shot blasts high into the roof above Rook's head.

+++
+++
Kaylith - 14a; 18m away from Rook; in cover at entrance to corridor.
Mutant 1 - 14b; legs in cover (generator AP 8 ); DEAD
Mutant 2 - 10; 6m from Rook
Mutant 3 - 9a; overwatch triggered; DEAD
Rook - 9b; 6m from Mutant; 6 damage

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 4:45 pm

Spoiler:

IC
Rook was ready now. As the shot from the mutant went wild, he gave the trigger another squeeze and watch another two shots hit their mark. A moment later he released the trigger and called out, Go now! He held his ground this time and waited for the cavalry
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 5:11 pm

Once again, Rooks shots sail harmlessly past. The mutant smiles a maw of sharp teeth back at the Bastard. A horrifying mockery of Rook.

There was the rush of feet. The mutant had time to turn and face Kaylith. Rook saw the edge of her sword protrude out from the backside of its head. There was a soft spray of blood against his outer clothing, and then the beast fell to the ground in a heap.

Kaylith took a deep breath and straightened out her dress and coat.

"So, not one for keeping plans with a pretty girl, eh?"

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 5:12 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 5:35 pm

Rook held out his hands in apology. I did not factor in the possibility of them being Imperials perhaps trying to fix the generator. I have realized my miscalculation and will work to rectify it, expunging the binary idea form my system. He walked forward and inspected the mutant for weapons and ammo before looking up at Kaylith. DO any of the arms from these creatures interest you more than a humble hellpistol? He picks up the shotgun and any shells that are left, holding it out in offering. We should strip them and bring what we can with us. It may help later. He then walked down to the generator to begin his inspection.

His zeal with the stubber had done more damage to the housing unit and inner workings than just the tech heresy that the mutants had performed. His nostrils flared in irritation as he recalled the beginning of the fight. Everything has a price, even hubris...He unslung the stubber and the other weapons he had collected to free up his hands for the job ahead. It was not going to be easy. Jacjonson snaked out and began work by lifting up the housing unit, exposing the workings for Rook to get his hands into. Leaving the cover standing in place, thanks to a prop arms, the mechadendrite then began soldering and cutting while Rook hooked into the MIU. His eyes rolled back for a moment as he ran diagnostics and found the areas that would need work. Five minutes later and he was elbow deep cutting, connecting, rerouting, and all manner of other things trying to breathe life into the venerable machine. His incense censer began to puff out greater amounts of smoke as he worked, and Rook began to hum a staccato tune over and over.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 8:02 am

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 4:58 pm

Spoiler:

After 15 more minutes of humming, buzzing, and cursing, Rook stood up and gave the machine a different kind of technical knock, one that involved a kick. Those stray rounds did not help the situation this generator finds itself in. I'm unable to repair to cursed thing. He bent over as he spoke and retrieved his things to make ready to move again. When he was all loaded up again, he checked the map to find the best route to the basement of the Westin. After all that effort, I'm sorry I could not complete this goal. Perhaps I'll be more use in the next stage. Are you ready to move?

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 4:21 pm

Spoiler:

The Westin is not far at all. If they took one of the side corridors, they would be under an alley that exited right beside the Westin. There was another option as well that would put Rook and Kaylith inside the Westin, if his eyes didn't deceive him.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 6:23 pm

After stripping the bodies of weapons and ammunition, Rook offered one to Kaylith. Do you mind if I have that hellpistol back? He held an autogun in trade. When she gave it back, he holstered it and then slung the shotgun diagonally across his shoulders, with the sling going over top of his stubber's sling. That way he could unsling it at will without it being trapped under the stubber.

He pointed at the map and showed Kaylith the route into the Westin. This will be our entry point. When we get inside, we should look for a command group or node. There has to be a person or place where orders are coming from to coordinate these attacks. We should look for a data jack into the building's systems so I can infiltrate the surveillance network. Any havoc I can cause from there will also aid us. Do you have any thoughts on what we should do?

+++++

Once they were ready, Rook took the lead and began following the map to find the entrance point into the building. It didn't take long to find the entrance hatch up, but he stopped before going in to inspect the area for traps and make sure Kaylith was ready.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 5:59 pm

Kaylith points over her shoulder back toward the entrance she had staged her ambush from. "Dropped it on the ground over there when that one decided to spring his own little ambush on me." She indicated a mutant on the ground who was missing an arm and whose head hung half on or so. A pool of darkness spread from the fatal blow.

"I'll keep my eyes open for the data jack, but I don't know where to start with the enemy nobes... nodes? The big one? I should just kill the big one, right?" She shrugged when he asked her advice. It was clear that she expected him to take the lead on this one.

As they made ready to go, the short range Vox buzzed to life. "Ey, bra. You ded? Got some homies heard a bunch of gunfire over in the direction you took off. If you alive, say somethin. If you dead, hope the fuck who killed to you knows they fuckin' next. You hear my you fuck!"

+++++++

Rook easily finds the entryway to the Westin, according to the map. It is a short ladder climb up. Kaylith waits for Rook to make a move...

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 6:36 pm

Spoiler:

Before leaving, Rook walked over to Kaylith's entrance an retrieved the hell pistol. Jacjonson came out on cue to retrieve it from his grasp and holster it for him.

When the vox squawked to life, Rook pulled it out and answered crisply Everything is clear down here now. We found the generator for this section of the station which was being sabotaged by the mutants. They are eliminated, though I was unable to bring the unit back to life. This channel may be monitored, so we are going radio silent. I will contact you if we are in danger or our mission is complete. Keep this channel open. Out.

++++

Rook let the stubber hand and drew the hell pistol. He looked at Kaylith with a grin that was somewhat inappropriate considering they were going into the enemy's base. I'll go up into the building first and sweep the area. If it's clear I'll call down for you to join me. He began his ascent, using the heel of his pistol hand to assist in climbing. When he got to the top he looked around the seal for triggers, before gently nudging the lid with the pistol barrel. Hopefully there weren't any traps connected to this entry point....

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 12:48 pm

Spoiler:

Rook checks and sees that it is all clear. He sees no indication of booby trapping or even locking for that matter from this side.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 1:41 pm

Spoiler:

When the hatch yielded no surprises, Rook used the top of his head to slowly lift it open half an inch and scan around through the crack for signs of danger. When the coast is all clear, he uses his pistol hand to gently lift the lid up to a point where he can crawl up and sit with his legs dangling back in the shaft. Sitting with the lid closed over his legs, he quickly scans around again, getting his bearings on his surroundings. He then shuffles backwards while holding the lid open with his free hand, careful to not make any noise. Standing up he then opens the hatch all the way and gently lays it on the ground. He pauses for a moment and listens for any signs of being detected then whispers down to Kaylith, Clear.

++++
When she joins him he starts looking around the room for a map of the building. A fire escape plan would even do if there was one on the wall. He needed to learn the layout of the building. How familiar were you with this place when you were staying here? he whispers

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 4:24 pm

Spoiler:

Kaylith shakes her head, her features seeming somewhat pouty - in a beautiful way - as she gestures. "Not at all, really. I had just checked in and gone to the bar to revive myself before I met you; I hadn't even gone to my room yet."

The room they had entered was a basement of sorts. Who knew its original purpose. It was clearly now used as a storage space for various odds and ends and canned goods. Rook doesn't find any map of the building - if in fact there ever was one. The room is about 10m x 10m with no side rooms. All of the walls had shelving for storage. There was a single staircase that led up.

So far, everything was quiet. The duo couldn't hear anything, least of all gunfire or the sounds of combat.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 8:13 pm

Spoiler:

Rook took out the scanner with his free hand and tried the trigger while Kaylith spoke. He nodded at her after watching the screen for reads. I went up to my own accomodation, though I had nothing to leave in it. I've only a minute understanding of the layout also. Remembering the vox unit, he pulled it out of the backpack and turned it off. No sense it leaving it to chance that the thing would squawk again when they were trying to be stealthy. After putting it away once again, he readied the stubber. There was a data port I tried to use when I checked in, in the lobby. We could try and access it or the front desk and access the network from there. Now we need to reconnoitre this lower level and see what is going on in here. If we run into any trouble and are separated, rendezvous in the tunnel below. Leave the hatch open and I'll know you're ahead of me. if it's closed when I get, I'll know I'm first and to go down. He put his finger to his lips, Now, we be very very quiet.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 16, 2020 2:09 pm

Spoiler:

The scanner came back clear. It showed no readings of activity whatsoever.

Kaylith nodded, not speaking so as to show she was back in action-mode. For a woman who had all the features and regalia of high society, she clearly knew her way around a risky situation and was well prepared to deal with it.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2020 3:22 pm

Rook nodded and crept out of the store room, up the stairs. Though the scanner had not shown any returns, Rook was still tried to move as quietly as possible. Given their entry point any direction to travel was as good as the other, so at the first corridor he turned right to find out more about the building. Whenever he came to a door into a room he would pause and listen for voices or movement. Hearing none, he tried the doors to see if they were locked or not. He was looking for a data port or somewhere that would have a terminal to get more information on their surroundings

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 3:42 pm

Rook moves out into a hallway. He tries a few doors, finding them locked. To his right, the hallway moves off to a dead end with a doorway at the end that was most likely stair access. To his left, it led to a corner that eventually turned left. It was from this direction that he could hear muffled voices.

Before he decided which to go, the sound of gunshots rang out. They were distant, clearly not inside the building. The voices let out muffled hollars, quickly quieted as though the sound startled whoever was out there.

Kaylith followed Rook closely, checking her surroundings carefully.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 3:47 pm

Rook held up a closed fist as the gunshots went off and the muffled voices rose. He froze in place until they seemed to go back to normal. At this juncture stealth was most important so he pointed to the right and led Kaylith to the door. Upon finding stairs, he went up one flight to the next level before pulling out the scanner and giving the floor a sweep.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 4:08 pm

Again, the scanner comes back with a blank reading. If Rook goes out into the hallway, he sees a floor similar in every way to the one he just left. Doors on each side led to guests' rooms.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 4:24 pm

Seeing no returns, Rook suddenly had a snap of extra-cortexical thought. This was a place of lodging with the upper stories given over to rooms for guests. There would be nothing important above the ground floor. The voices they had heard below obviously meant that someone was guarding something important. He looked at Kaylith, I've miscalculated. This way will yield nothing except wasting our time. That room below must be guarded for a reason. We should break in and try to take control of it, quietly. I'll try to hold them at gunpoint, while you dispatch them with your sword. Before we breach, try the doorknob. If we can sneak in on them, we should do that, otherwise I'll knock. He whispered hurriedly, but waited for her to object before moving back downstairs to find the room.

Leaving the stairwell, he tiptoed across the hall they had come down and followed the hall around the corner. He scanned one more time to get a read on the number of bodies inthe room before drawing the stubber and planting his feet, "aiming" through the doorway into the room beyond.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 4:28 pm

As Rook rounds the corner he realizes that there is no "door" for him to breach. This hallway opens up to the right, leading directly into the main entrance and lobby of the hotel. Just beyond that point, Rook knew he would find the bar. The people, whomever they were, were "holding" the entrance and lobby.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 4:36 pm

Rook got into cover within the hallway, keeping out of sight of the entrance and lobby. This was not what he was expecting. He edged his left eye around the corner slowly to get a read on the room and see where the contacts were located.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 5:02 pm

Rook slowly edged around the corner and saw the worst sight imaginable....

...a whole bunch of the same shitty, boring hotel guests he and Kaylith had been speaking with before leaving together. It was apparent that they were all trying to stay out of direct sight of the windows that faced the street outside, but also clearly wanted to keep looking out. Apparently that's where all the excitement was.

By chance, a woman turns around and catches sight of half of Rook's head peaking around the corner and screams. Multiple guests then turn eliciting multiple screams and some startled noises. One of the brightly colored gangers Rook remembers from before comes around a corner with a stub revolver in hand and pointed Rook's direction.

"I ain't fuckin' goin' out like them fucks across the street," he says as he cocks back the hammer.

This was a precarious position to be in. Obviously.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 5:54 pm

Judging by the words of the man aiming the gun at Rook, these were certainly not mutants. At least this place may be safe. Lower your weapon. We're trying to stop the incursion that is going on outside. Rook pulled his head back around the corner and cocked an eyebrow at Kaylith before raising his hands and walking around the corner. Don't shoot. I'm here to help. He kept his arms raised while he talked, making sure that the stubber took centre stage in the ganger's vision. Can you tell me what's going on out there? How are you all still safe in here?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 1:26 pm

The man does no such thing. The weapon stays firmly aimed at Rook's chest.

"Don't. Take. Another. Fucking. Step." Another ganger came around the corner now. This one had a blade in each hand and looked like she knew how to use them.

"'s goin' on is that a lot - maybe even you mech lot - who the fuck knows - went around shootin' the shit out of the place across the street. Now there's shootin' in the alley. And here you are. You're gonna need to explain - quickly - what you're doin' sneakin' up on us."

Kaylith caught Rook's eye and lifted her arms as if to ask what the hell he was doing before he stepped out from around the corner.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 01, 2020 11:41 am

Rook mouthed to Kaylith, be ready and pointed at her sword before stepping around the corner.

Spoiler:

IC
Put that away. Rook said almost casually. Those are mutants outside. Complete with extra arms, three eyes, and scales. Does it appear that I have any of those? I can keep my arms up here as long as you need to feel at ease, but there's a hostile take-over going on outside and you need as many guns in this place as you can get. Rook tried to keep a commanding tone to his voice, but this hiccup in his plan had wrong-footed him somewhat and he was struggling to keep the initiative.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 3:39 pm

Spoiler:

"Fuck you. You move an inch, you die. Search him," he said to the younger female ganger with the blades. She put one up and started moving toward Rook. To her credit, she stayed away from her compatriot's lane of fire.

At this point, a third Ganger walked from the bar beyond into the lobby as things unfolded. He had a heavy hammer over his thick shoulder, but stood casually, bright green mohawk standing tall.

The big, third man spoke. His voice was deep and low, but thick with an underhiver accent. "You fidget wrong, an' it gon' get real ugly, real fast. Innit? No games."

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2020 4:12 pm

Knowing that there was no way he could possibly win this standoff without some good will Rook decided to bring Kaylith out. Understood. he said to the big ganger. He kept his hands in the air, making sure not to impulse Jacjonson to come out from under his robesAs another sign of good faith, I'm going to bring out my compatriot. We are here for shelter and to stop what's going on outside. Kaylith, would come out here please and say hello to these nice people. Once she is out in the open, Rook addresses the mohawked man again. Do you have a plan while you're in here? They are going building to building wiping out the inhabitants. Are you ready for an assault when it comes?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 12:35 pm

"Plan? Yeah. Block the doors, kill 'em as they come in. Plenty of meat shields in here, anyway." He smiled and some of the guests closer to the lobby visibly inched away.

Kaylith moved out, hands casually in front of her. She glided more than actually walked, and the faces of the gangers lightened.

"You? By Emprah's holy tits, we figured you up an' lef' as soon as the fun started."

Kaylith smirked. "Not my style. While you gentlemen.. and ladies... were in here cowering behind the doors, me and this real man right here were down in the under corridors getting our hands dirty. How many you think we killed down there, Malachai Tech Priest?"

They shared a look of uncertainty and the itchy-trigger-finger lowered his weapon slightly.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 12:46 pm

Rook's face split into a metal clad grin, that wasn't exactly kind. This also hadn't been part of his plan, but he wasn't unhappy at this turn. Kaylith really was amazing. 7 mutants. So far. He said simply while keeping his hands in the air. The guns hadn't been lowered so he wasn't going to take the chance of relaxing just yet. How do you know these fine folk, Kaylith?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 2:01 pm

"Shared a drink with them before we met," she replied smoothly. At this, the big man's square jawed face split into a wide grin, his eyes looking like a hunter stalking a deer.

"Aw, come now, love. 'twas more than that, wuddn't it?"

"Yes, you're right. Shared a drink with them and piss poor conversation."

At this the other two began to chuckle, and the big man's pride had clearly been hurt. He shrugged it off and sent a devastating stare at the gunner.

"Put your damnable weapons down already. We aren't a threat. Like the tech priest said, the real threat is outside."

Before anyone could answer, the bark of several weapons went off far away. It was clearly buffeted by the building inbetween Rook and Kaylith and where the actual automatic gunfire took place. This seemed to bring the gangers back to reality and listen to Kaylith. Guns were lowered and knives sheathed.

Then, much closer, just outside in the alleyway, more gunfire erupted. If Rook was a betting man, he'd say this came from within the alley itself and at a distance of no more than 30 meters.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 2:26 pm

Spoiler:

Rook lowered his hands, your readiness is admirable, but your defense strategy is wretched. We came up from the tunnels below through a hatch in the store room. Two of you he pointed at the girl with the knives and the man who had been pointing the gun at him, should go and barricade it to stop any mutants using the same entrance.

When the firing from the alley began Rook instantly reached for the stubber and moved towards the windows to see get a look outside.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 2:45 pm

"Fuck that and fuck you, you ain't boss of shi-," the gunner was silenced with another withering look from the big man. A shake of the head later and the two underlings were on their way to the boiler room with a sigh as the big man stayed behind.

Currently, the only way out from the lobby lead into the main thoroughfare. In order to get a look at the lobby, Rook would have to go back the way he came and look for a door that lead into the alleyway. It should be easy enough as all the doors on the ground level faced the inside of the building; there should only be a handful that actually were perimeter doors leading outside.

If Rook decides to go check it out, he will easily find a single door that leads outside. But there is no window. He will have to actually open the door to see what the commotion is.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 4:39 pm

Spoiler:

Rook tutted audibly as the two gangers walked past him to go barricade the hatch, enjoying their shut down slightly more than one of the priesthood should have. Has any fire come this close to the building yet, or has it all been in the other buildings? Rook moved to the door and asked the big ganger, deciding whether to go out or not. Kaylith, come and cover this door. If I throw it open suddenly, open fire through into the alley beyond. He stood out of the way next to the frame, ready to grab the handle and look outside while remaining mostly hidden.

Spoiler:

When Kaylith was in position, Rook waited a moment longer and then cracked the door slightly. He only wanted to see if there were any mutants waiting outside the door. If the coast was clear, he would slowly open the door an inch at a time to get a wider view of the area.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 5:58 pm

Spoiler:

Before Rook and Kaylith head back to find that back door, the Big Ganger grunts. Turning to stare out the main window, his massively wide shoulders nearly block out Rook's view. This one would give Stubbs a run for his money. His voice blurs out like asphalt.

"Nah, ain't had the balls yet. Kept it on that side, mostly. Heard some shenangans cross the alley - but it died down quick. Figured it was some ruffians lootin', stealin', an' gettin' blasted fo' they troubles."

He shrugged and kept staring out the window.

+++

Kaylith moved to cover the door. It opened outward. Opening the door, Rook is taken completely by surprise - not by the presence of any mutants, but by the barrel of a las carbine swinging from covering the alley to pointing directly at his face. The person attached to it was another ganger, but different from the group he had just left. She wore a rebreather that covered the bottom half of her face and sported two absolutely piercing hazel eyes. Her hair was raised up in and was colored from pink to blue.

Her finger was clearly squeezing the trigger with just enough pressure not to shoot as she kept Rook's gaze.

Spoiler:

A voice called faintly from farther down the alley... Rook could swear to the Emperor that he knew that voice...

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 6:21 pm

Spoiler:

Rook's started in surprise, once again he had a weapon aimed at his face by a jumpy ganger. He then notices that she's not a mutant and hisses, get inside. It's safe in here off the street. He pushes the door open further, beckoning her in. Lower your weapon, and tell your friend to get in here also. We could use every person with a gun we can get our hands on.

He holds the door open for her and as/if she steps in he looks at Kaylith, motioning her to lower her weapon but not drop her guard. Knowing that collaboration of information was going to be more useful than keeping secrets Rook dove straight in. What news do you have of the situation out there? We were in the tunnels below and were ambushed by mutants in a drinking hall. It's clear now, and others are working to extend the cleared section, but they are scattered.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 9:46 pm

She keeps the weapon on him and doesn't respond at all to his orders, words, or usherings. Instead, with her left hand firmly on the pistol grip and trigger of her carbine, she extends her right hand and slowly starts closing the door in Rook's face. Once it is about halfway closed again, with her weapon still trained on his face, does she start side stepping - extremely silently - out of view.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 1:28 am

Rook had had enough. He pushed the door back open so that it was fully open again. He didn't do it quickly, but just as slowly as she'd closed it, and kept his hand on it this time to keep it open. She hadn't shot him outright, so she was either playing for time, or stealth. He could ruin both if he had a mind to, but he needed more guns in this building if they were going to sweep the area clear of mutants. The building across the street is filled with mutants. What does your friend think about getting off the street? he raised his voice just slightly so that the other person behind her would hear his address, but not so loudly that it carried up onto the street
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 8:54 am

Numa shot forward, the butt of her weapon swinging, hard, at Rook's face at his outburst...

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 12:48 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 3:11 pm

Rook's last word is cut short as the stock of the lascarbine connects with his chin. There is enough force behind the blow to put Rook in the black as he falls back. For a moment, Rook goes to sleep.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 3:41 pm

...as Rook starts to come to, he sees Kaylith standing just behind and above him with her sword in a defensive posture. It was clear she was moving to protect him. As he lifts his head up, he sees a much more familiar face...

Back to top Go down
Nitafrong
Senpai
Nitafrong

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 4:23 pm

Ruaidhri's eyes swept over the woman quickly, taking in her defensive posture, fancy attire, her blade and finally over who she was defending. His eyes widened momentarily.
"Of all the glorious hero's who got repeatedly rogered in the rear by the mad, bad and sad Commissars in Hervara, is that you Rook? I can see you've run face first into Brick. Doesn't suffer fools gladly, which is why by odd irony she got lumped with us."
He said all of this in a quick undertone, shifting his gun to point away from Rook and the swords woman. Looking now at the latter for a moment, before looking back over his shoulder at Uallachan and the other doorway, he continued.
"As Rook has probably spent hours telling you, I and Uallachan be way of Bastard brothers of Rook here. Is there much danger in the building behind you there? I was going to take a brief look into The Rusty Throne across the road there. Someone was firing off a Bolt Pistol in there which makes me think there might be someone more than just mutants."
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 4:48 pm

Rook kept his eyes closed as he rubbed his jaw and heard light footsteps approach. They snapped open when a far-too-familiar smell assaulted his olfactory organs- lho smoke, sweat, aggravatingly obtuse banter, and most likely some kind of pestilence. Omnissiah's brass replication spheres, how are you two here? He looked at the silent woman and a finger snapped at her accusingly, You insufferable underbelly wench, I told you it was safe in here. You'll pay for that. He looked directly up and then hurriedly down again when he looked up between Kaylith's legs. She had stood over him to protect him, and he couldn't lie to himself and say that something stirred inside him at that moment, something akin to feelings. He hurried on into an introduction.

Ru, this woman is my companion Kaylith. Her and I have been through some ordeals together in the tunnels below. Kaylith, this is Specialist Ruaidhri Beagan - Squad sniper. His spotter should be around here somewhere, and I apologise for him in advance.

Rook picked himself up and checked all his gear. This building is clear. It's full of civilians and a few frightened gangers, but that's it. They should be barricading things up now. Form what intelligence we've gathered, the mutant incursion is centered on this area, and they've set up a cordon around it. We've got underhivers working below to clear them out, but they scattered and trying to coordinate.

Have you seen any of the others? How is your weapons stock? I have a looted autorifle if you need it.

After they had fully caught up Rook pulled out the shortrange vox to hail Poo-beyah. Poo-beyah, do you copy? What is your situation, over?

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 4:59 pm

Numa motioned as though she was going to hit Rook again when his tone picked up. During a break in all the talking, she looked Rook straight in the eyes. There was a coldness to them that reminded Rook of the void. She came in close and whispered in a voice just as ice cold through her rebreather.

"You keep givin' our position away, and I'll bleed you. Real quiet. Leave you here."

This woman brokered very, very little shit. With that, she turned once more and covered the alley mouth that led to the main thoroughfare and the largest enemy threat beyond.

Almost on cue, more flashes of light and semi-automatic gunfire came from The Rusty Throne.

Kaylith lowered her sword and nodded at Ruaidhri. "Rook actually has told me quite a bit about you, Specialist. Pleasure is all mine," she whispered back. Elegant as she was, her tone was all business. She clearly understood the severity of the situation.

There was a soft crackle back. Poo-Beyah's voice came in muffled and fuzzy. Rook immediately could tell that being above ground now was putting too much interference and distance between the two of them. Even still, he picked up a little.

"Yo! Too...a... ple... kers out. Kille... far so good. Couple... homies spreadin... hunting."

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 5:13 pm

Rook squinted at the ganger. With Kaylith at his back he knew odds were better than fair if this hooligan tried anything then she'd come worse off. Try... He looked down at Ru then, Let's get in off the street and formulate a plan. He kept the door open with one hand ushered him in. If Brick came in, he'd follow behind. If she didn't he'd walk in and shut the door behind him. He wouldn't give that woman his back and she could sit out in the dark for all he cared.

When Poo-beya crackled back his answer, Rook clicked his teeth while he thought of an answer. Copy that. The Rusty Throne appears to have a firefight going on inside. Any intelligence you can offer? Over.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 6:05 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 6:32 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ghost in the Machine (IC)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next