A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ghost in the Machine (IC)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2018 11:32 am

Rook smiled at the Publican as he looked at Rook. He had obviously found the right company. Thank you for your hospitality, he said before following Kaylith outside. He felt an interesting mix of excitement and paranoia as they set off into the gloom, but he was committed to his task now, and there was no backing out.

Spoiler:

He looked at the manhole and calculated that if the machine spirits were co operational or even operational, he would need 30 seconds to open it. Hopefully his skills would not be shown up in front of his new...companion? Jacjonson snaked out once again and the two of them bent over the keypad and began the process of jacking in. As he bent down, he looked up at Kaylith and smiled. Ommnissiah willing, we will be down below in only a moment. Using a gas cutter for light, Rook found the dataport connected to the keypad and connected his MIU. His eyes rolled back as he began his descent into the field of battle.

Spoiler:

His consciousness descended into the darkness and he began his search for the gatekeeper. They could be skittish when the sensed a more powerful being in their realm, but Rook was unconcerned. He drifted through the darkness, looking for the light that would give away the position of his quarry. If only all of me forays into this realm were this easy, Rook thought. As if turning a corner, there suddenly was an orb of white floating before him. Feeling his presence, it began to flee, but Rook sent tendrils of himself across the void like lightning bolts that were able to capture and hold the orb. Without moving from his position, he plunged his tendrils into the orb and began his work. Slowly, it began to change colour from a bright white to an iridescent green, and after a few moments more he was able to release the orb where it no longer tried to flee from his presence but merely floated in place. Like breaking a horse, he had broken the will of the machine to suit his own and now it was his.

Rook's eyes suddenly rolled forward where he began disconnecting from the port. With a push of button, the manhole opened and he jumped down inside. He held up a hand for here and grinned again. Easy was all he said.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 12:55 pm

Kaylith took Rook's hand and dropped down beside him like a feather. Above the two of you, the manhole closes back into place and locks with a hiss. It is safe to assume that whomever was making their rounds out there had passed the alleyway from which you came without a second look.

"Wow, that was incredible; it took you practically no effort at all." She smiled and then surveyed up and down your new surroundings. It was dimly lit, even compared to the night cycle you just left. While it wasn't a sewer, it was a bit dingy.

It must have been a service and maintenance level. Long pipes for electricity, water, and life support ran the length of the ceiling and walls. The floor was steel grating, but there was plenty of overhead access.

"Place I mentioned should be down that way." She pointed one of her well-manicured fingers up the corridor. "If the scuttlebutt I got off some of our fellows at the inn can be trusted. At the very least, we shouldn't have any run-ins with the Arbites down here."

Shall we?

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 11:37 am

Let us see what we can find, Rook grinned. He led off down the shaft following her direction. They walked in silence for some time before Rook asked over his shoulder, tell me Kaylith, what leads were you following that brought you to Port Wander? I understand your need for secrecy and all given whom your employer is or isn't, but what could possible bring you to this backwater? I cannot fathom that this place is all that important. He walked on in silence, hoping she would divulge something, anyhting.
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 2:25 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 28, 2018 12:57 pm

"Are you kidding? This is where all the intrigue is. The edges of any space hold more secrets and fun than the interior ever could. Usually the interior only ever holds a morally corrupt center."

She smiled and shrugged. "Perhaps my leads sent me here to find an 'Ancient Enemy.'" She lowered her voice as she said this, feigning the terror such words were normally employed with. Then she giggled. "Or maybe I was sent here to get a story on the best hooch the underside of the Port has to offer. In my experience, the truth is never black and white - it's always somewhere in between. So, I suppose you could say I am here to find the gray."

She was quiet for a moment and then stopped at a T intersection. She put her finger up to her lips and waited. "That way." She pointed to the left, another long corridor awaited, but as they moved along, Rook started to hear voices. They were muffled at first. Soon, however, they were practically raucous. Another turn opened the pair up into a lower level venue of some kind. Patrons of all manners walked and talked, or sat and spat, or lounged and scrounged; there was a bar and Rook could even hear music among the din - a small servitor operated keyboard played tunes to go along with the merry making. Haphazardly strung electro-orbs kept the place in a perpetual, smokey dimness.

As the two entered, the servitor-muse stopped. Conversations died off. Everyone seemed to turn and stare at the duo.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2018 1:19 pm

Kalith, Rook said as she finished telling him of her search for grey, this may sound strange coming from one such as myself, but I truly think you are quickly becoming one of my closest compatriots. I have taken a liking to a big oaf from my regiment, but other than him everyone is rather lowbrow and boring or just a nuisance. I do hope we can continue our discourse once we have some of this hooch in hand? Somehow, in the short time he had known her, Rook had become....enamoured by this strange woman. A member of the machine cult taking an interest in an unaugmented, uninitiated woman was nothing short of heretical in the eyes of his peers, though frankly he only had superiors now rather than peers. Try as he might, he sincerely wished that there would be a way for him to keep in contact with this woman. Her connections and knowledge of the world below the surface of the Imperial norm thrilled him. He decided he would try and get more out of her later.

Spoiler:

Rook went silent as they approached the voices. His anticipation of finally getting access to a real workshop was causing his excitement to build. Suddenly they crossed the threshold and the world stopped. In the silence he even heard the drop of a Calixian Infantryman's Portable Communications Transcription Device (CRB pg 200). The silence was deafening. Thinking quickly, Rook looked at Kaylith and said loudly, where's the hooch?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 4:09 pm

Spoiler:

Everyone eyed him for a few long seconds, before someone pipes up, Bars that way dip shit. The greeting was accompanied by a thumb over the shoulder towards a clearly displayed bar top and ugly publican. Everyone turned back to their drinks and the two newcomers were promptly forgotten as the music started up again. Rook looked at Kaylith again with a raised eyebrow and a loud exhalation, here we are. Now what? He walked over and leaned on the bar with an elbow, ignoring the bartender, and rummaged through his pockets for something else to trade. He had used the rest of his stimms at the Weston, but he still had the injector. Perhaps that could work. Jacjonson snaked over his shoulder once again, holding both the plush animal and the injector in its grip. Rook took the injector away from it with a tug and held it up to Kaylith. What do you think this will buy?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 1:25 pm

"That was odd," Kaylith noted as they made their way to the bar. "I was told they would be much more inquisitive if new faces showed up."

She shrugged and sat beside him. "I am not sure. Why don't you find out?" She smiled and raised her eyebrows, waiting to watch his commerce skills in action.

The bartender moved over to them, a neutral look on his face. He had eyes like a hawk and his teeth had seen better days. A thick mustache hovered over his upper lip and down the sides of his cheeks. He crossed his arms and waited without speaking.

Bartender:

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 1:01 pm

Rook looked at the bartender who stared back icily. More than likely he was looking through Rook rather than at him. Rook slid the injector across the bar top. This injector is sterile and unused. It can be re-used over and over again, IF you sterilise it first. You do not need to if you don't care about the patient, though. Give me a bottle of amasec and two glasses

** Edited to add roll **

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 5:34 pm

The bartender eyes Rook for a moment as he takes the injector. He sniffs and looks down at it, still saying nothing as Rook gives his pitch. He raises an eyebrow and looks at Rook again.

"I'll give you each two drinks for this. ain't worth a whole bottle." He sets it back down in front of Rook on the bar and pulls out two surprisingly clean amasec glasses.

Kaylith raises an eyebrow, a toothless smile of surprise on her face. Clearly she had expected a much different outcome.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 8:24 pm

If he was to be honest with himself, Rook was surprised the barter had gone as well as it did. Four drinks for an injector was far better than a poke in the optics with a dirty stick. Four drinks is a fair deal, thank you. He looked at Kaylith with what he hoped was cool composure as the barkeep poured the first two drinks. When they were slid over he raised his glass to his new companion, cheers. After a quick sip he decided to plough back into the meat of their conversation earlier. So how did you learn of this place. He looked around before speaking again. They are a charming bunch, but what would attract you to a place like this?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 9:32 am

The bartender walked away with a huff, taking the injector and placing it under the bar out of reach of Rook.

Kaylith sat forward, pursuing her supple lips and widening her big green eyes in anticipation for the hooch. Her body language alone made one feel like this was either the last drink in the galaxy or the best drink she had ever imagined. Either way, salivation was natural.

She raised her glass, repeated the cheers, and took a hearty swig. There was a moment where her eyes squinted ever so slightly at the burn, and then it was gone entirely as though she had taken a drink of tea.

"I had to work my way through the upper level bourgeois fakes for some time to gather intel. 'The Westin,' where fate decided to have us meet, led me here. Those colorful ganger types at the bar - I'm sure you saw them - they seemed to know all about the under levels. Go figure."

She winked and let out a small, charming laugh.

"Pfft. Going to need more than a single drink to get my scoop from me, Rooky boy." She downed the last of her drink - this time completely like it was tea - and flashed a very disarming smile.

Charm to Disarm:

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2019 2:17 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 9:20 am

Kaylith sighs and lets out a small giggle that is as cute as it is tension breaking. Clearly Rook was not up to deal with her charm, and the stupified look on his face gave that away. Luckily for him, Kaylith was a good sport and didn't make him feel too badly about it.

"I simply heard that this was 'where the real action' was supposed to be. Whatever that meant. And I can't exactly get a good story stuffed up inside an inn during a forced curfew. So, here we are. Now, why are you really here?"

She obviously means in this moment, sitting with her at this previously unknown establishment.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2019 10:52 pm

Rook's mouth opened and closed a few times as he grasped for words. She had cast a spell on him and he was unable to fight it. When she asked what his mission was, he snapped out the words he hadn't uttered to another soul. I am here to trade for goods that I find interesting or useful. In my profession those were usually off limits to someone in as lowly a station as I, but now? Now that I am part of a Rogue Trader's retinue I am able to acquire things with more leniency. The difficult part is establishing connections and making introductions. The curfew almost ruined those plans, but thanks to you, he swept his arm over the crowd,we are here and I might find someone with something interesting. How does that answer suit for you? He was eager to meet someone now. Having a cunning, enchanting woman like Kaylith beside him may disarm some fools into being agreeable. Would you care to help?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 4:09 pm

"That does sound fun, and I would love to help my new friend Rook Malakai. I doubt a story-chaser such as myself will be much help, but I wouldn't mind seeing what we could get away with."

As the bartender made his way back, Kaylith caught his attention. "Is anyone down here doing any trading?"

He nodded and pointed across the room. Three stalls down was what could only be described as a pawn broker of some sort. He was tall, heavy set, and covered in gaudy ganger tattoos with chains and bracelets over them. The fat flesh of his torso was exposed, also covered in tattoos, and he had multiple chains hanging from his neck.

Pawn Broker:

Kaylith thanks the man, finishes her drink, and starts walking through the lively crowd toward the man. He smiles wide as she approaches.

"Welcome! Welcome! How can I help you?"

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 7:30 pm

Don't play coy. An agent has many tools of persuasion, and looks are but one of them. You bat those eyes for me when we start dealing, and I'm positive we will be successful. He lurched after her as she went in the direction of the finger, perhaps feeling the drink.
Rook looks the big man up and down, thinking about his parentage before cracking a smile.
Hello Friend! I'm looking for some things to take aboard my ship when we finally get let off this port. Firstly, do you have a supply of amasec bottles?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 3:40 pm

"Get off this port? Not anytime soon, bruh; of course, you knewin dat already, otherwise you wouldn't be down here."

The streetwise merchant smiled, an for all intents and purposes it looks genuine.

"Amasec? You know you just left a bar right?" He points back to the ugly bartender and laughs. "You more in da mood for takin' home souvenirs, bruh?" He sighs and nods. "Got some bottles. Some good ones too, an' some shit ones. Depends on the method o'payment, bruh."

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2019 4:17 pm

Spoiler:

Rook dove in with less tact than he would have liked, but with his prize so close at hand he couldn't help it. I want a bottle of the good stuff, and a red dot laser sight. Have you got one? His voice was robotic, but not in the usual way when he was reciting facts or data. It was tactless and almost rude. Not the best way to make a deal happen...
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2019 4:32 pm

Spoiler:

"Whoa, whoa, whoa metal-man. We gotta kiss before we make love. Lucky for you, I do have a good bottle of amasec that came in 'bout four cycles ago. It'll cost you a fair number of thrones, but I am sure you good for it."

He nods at one of the guys next to him who walks off to get it. He returns and before handing it over holds out a credit reader. All Rook needed to do was scan it, and the transaction would be complete.

As for the red dot, the man hasn't mentioned it. Maybe he expected another round of wheeling-and-dealing.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2019 12:45 am

Spoiler:

Rook blinked at the big man for another second while he pictured the act of kissing the big man. His eyes went wide a moment later as he realised what it was he was thinking about, and angrily shook his head and knocked the heel of his hand against his temple to dislodge the heretical image. Do you have a red dot sight? he insisted. Like looking at a celestial body for too long, the image had seared into his mind's eye, and Rook was forced to grit his teeth and smile politely while he waited for the dealer to say yes or no.

Last edited by Hydrako on Tue May 07, 2019 8:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2019 7:48 am

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 16, 2019 9:20 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2019 7:23 am

Spoiler:

He smiles, but he had already seen how little currency Rook had left to trade. "Yeh, I got it, bra, bu'you can't afford it. Be happy! You go' me last bottle oh'da good stuff."

He smiles and nods, holding out his hand to signal the end of a fair trade.

Rook has neither the time to be disappointed nor take the man's hand as two things happen in rapid succession. A low hum, from somewhere far off and lower than Rook and Kaylith ebbs out. There is an initial lull as the gravity seems to go out, but Rook's foot goes no higher than an inch off the ground before it is normalized. Then, the power cuts out completely.

Spoiler:

Rook feels movement at his shoulder. It was Kaylith. "Rook, get to cover!" She hisses. Before he can react, automatic weapons fire screams out from the tunnels opposite of where the duo entered. There was screaming. Rook only had moments to react.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2019 2:59 pm

Rook closed his eyes and took a deep breathe to calm himself when the trader didn't come back with the red dot, citing a lack of funds. Oh calamity he thought. Jacjonson, which had been watching the exchange from over Rook's shoulder, reached forward to grab the bottle, but Rook's hand snapped forward and grabbed it first. Judging by the mechadendrite's movements, it looked to be disappointed it couldn't carry this new prize.

Rook tucked the bottle away and looked down at the man's hand, just as chaos erupted.
Spoiler:
As the gravity faltered Rook spent a moment longer than necessary to deduce what was causing the issue with the main artificial grav generator when the lights cut out. He felt Kaylith's hand on his shoulder pushing him down. When the chug of automatic weapons fire erupted, his "training" kicked in. Get over the table! he yelled to her as he leapt over the table separating him and the trader and flipped it over as a makeshift barrier. His hell pistol was in his hand a moment later and scenarios began to cycle through his mind....

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2019 10:12 am

Rook isn't able to discern what was causing the disturbance, but it didn't take long to figure it had something to do with whomever was spraying the area with automatic weapons fire.

The merchant takes three shots to his torso and falls to the ground, while one of his guys catches a stray round in the throat and falls, gurgling, and grabbing at his throat.

Rook's warning seems to be unecessary as Kaylith, with a grace that matched her persona, was already well over the heavy counter the two had been dealing over. It was a mish mash of recycled sheet metal and other materials.

Spoiler:

Rook takes in his immediate surroundings. To his surprise, the merchant is scrambling to get to his knees - still very much alive despite being hit multiple times in his exposed torso. By the general lack of blood, it is probably that he has had some subdermal armor modifications done.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2019 5:29 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 20, 2019 6:15 pm

Round 1

Kaylith stays in cover, but turns so that she is facing back toward the mayhem. She briefly raises her head up for all of two seconds and drops back down.

"There are four of them. One is really big and nasty looking - mutants maybe. Not normal."

Automatic fire continues to spray and people continue to scream and run while they are indiscriminately slaughtered. There's another sound as well - nearly as loud as the gunfire. Was it a drill?

Rook

+++
Cover: AP 2
Kaylith 14 (in cover) - 1m from Rook
Enemy 12a - ???
Enemy 12b - ???
Enemy 12c - ???
Enemy 12d - ???
Rook 6a (in cover) - 1m from Kaylith
Fat-Tat Merchant 6b (in cover) - 2m from Rook/Kaylith

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 20, 2019 10:08 pm

Spoiler:

We need to silence that heavy weapon! Rook shouts over the roar of fire. He looks over at the big man noting his new desire for sub-dermal implants. Have you got anything here that can help us? How far is your store room from here!
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 21, 2019 9:10 am

Spoiler:

His face had turned from jovial to clinched tight and angry. He points at the door some two meters away that his guys had gone into. Thick plastic strips hung from the ceiling.

"Not an arms dealer - not like that. Hope you brought your own." He reached behind his back and pulled out two black stub automatics. Each one had an extended magazine that stuck out from beneath the grip. He sat up and peeked over.

Kaylith started moving. She was light on her feet as Rook didn't hear any foot falls as she moved - though that was probably due to the noise on the other side of the room. She moved some six meters up, where the table started curving to the left and remained in cover. Rook had no idea what she was up to.

The wanton shooting continues as the assailants continued their assault.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2019 12:25 am

Spoiler:

Rook sighed loudly at the merchant's words. so much for something useful, he thought. When the big man took out his own weapons, Rook took off into the doorway to get behind something more substantial.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptySun May 26, 2019 3:34 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptySun May 26, 2019 4:07 pm

Rook makes it to the cover of the doorway, still crouched (AP: 4). From his low position, it is still impossible for him to see what's going on, but he can hear the screaming and the shooting continue. It was more controlled now. The full volleys of automatic fire have subsided. Now, there were screams and controlled bursts. They were systematically killing everyone inside the bazaar.

Rook can still see Kaylith, crouched behind the table some five meters away. She looks calm and collected despite everything. The merchant looks ready to unleash hell, but hasn't fired yet (full aim)

+++
Table Cover: AP 2
Doorway Cover: AP 4
Kaylith 14 (in cover) - 5m from Rook
Enemy 12a - ???
Enemy 12b - ???
Enemy 12c - ???
Enemy 12d - ???
Rook 6a (in doorway cover) - 5m from Kaylith
Fat-Tat Merchant 6b (in table cover) - 2m from Rook

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 27, 2019 12:48 am

Spoiler:

Rook stood up in order to peek around the corner and see better. He drew is hell pistol and snuck a quick look around the corner. Kaylith, what are you doing? Rook yelled as he took a glance at the room. He needed to see what was what and choose his target. it had to be a good one or they might not survive once they loose the element of surprise.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 28, 2019 12:40 pm

From the weapons flashes, Rook spots at least four targets. Like he suspected, they were walking calmly forward, killing anything that moved. What he had not expected, however, was to see that they weren't human. Humanoid in general shape, sure, but their odd hunches, clawed hands, bulbous heads, and leathery skin... mutants? From behind him, Rook hears a faint beeping. It is not alarming, but he definitely had not heard it earlier. Regardless, there were more pressing concerns than one of the merchant's trinkets.

The Merchant was done waiting. "Mudduh Fukkaz..." Both autopistols open up simultaneously, filling the area in front of Rook with a brilliant cone of fire and noise. Caught completely by surprise, one of the creature is hit multiple times. (forgot -10 for TWW and +30 for surprise: 6 hits total lol).

The creature holding the massive drill rocks back as the shots slam into its limbs and body. It rocks back, as though it would fall over dead, but somehow retains its footing.

Now all eyes were on the small shop.

Kaylith didn't respond to Rook. She nestled into her spot, keeping herself low and out of sight.

The two creatures closest to Rook and the Merchant rush at them. The one that the merchant had just unloaded on easily covers the distance between them, clambering up and over the table and landing just beside the merchant. The other mutant rushes forward but stops short of the table, stub automatic held firmly in its clawed hands.

The remaining two move a few meters closer, but stay largely away, still focused on cutting down any survivors.

Rook is up!

+++
Kaylith 14 (in cover) - 5m from Rook
Enemy 12a - 2m from Rook, in melee w/Merchant; 1 critical.
Enemy 12b - 6m from Rook
Enemy 12c - 28m from Rook
Enemy 12d - 32m from Rook
Fat-Tat Merchant 6b (in table cover) - 2m from Rook, in melee w/enemy

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 30, 2019 6:35 pm

Spoiler:

Rook ignored Kaylith after that. She must have lost her nerve, or she was concentrating on something else. Summoning back-up perhaps? Regardless, they had lost the element of surprise on their attackers now, and he had to do something. He peeked around the corner to see the merchant now toe to toe with the mutant he had unloaded on, while another with a large automatic weapon was still on the other side of the table. Rook leaned around the corner and drew a bead on that one, as he figured once the other was dead, they would both be in a world of trouble when that weapon shot them at point blank range

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 12:15 pm

Spoiler:

There is a blur of movement from the left. Rook focusing on the target ahead, and the darkness with the lights out, made it hard for the Enginseer to understand what it was at first. Then there was the lightest shriek. The beast that had been standing over the merchant slumped over and dropped its heavy mining drill as its innards poured out of it, cut from groin to gullet.

Kaylith stood a few steps beyond it, holding onto a very thin sword.

The enemy Rook is aiming at points its weapon directly at him and fires a burst. At this range, it would have to try to miss..

NEED A REACTION FROM ROOK. THAT'S A HIT.

+++
Kaylith 14 (in table cover - legs) - Just beyond merchant.
Enemy 12a - 2m from Rook, in melee w/Merchant; DEAD.
Enemy 12b - 6m from Rook
Enemy 12c - 28m from Rook
Enemy 12d - 32m from Rook

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 5:32 pm

Cont. From last post...

Spoiler:

Rook fails to get down or out of the way as the slugs chew up his general area. The first and second shots burst through the door frame he was using for cover and into his left leg.. Two more crunch into where his body was, again getting through, but are stopped by the significant metal work of Rook's cybernetics (4 damage total)

The other two enemies at the far side of the room seem to turn in unison and start approaching Rook and Kaylith's position. Perhaps they had run out of people to murder?

As they advanced, a blast rang out from the other side of the room. It must have been effective as it draws a yelp from one of the far away creatures.

Spoiler:

Rook pulled back from the doorway just as the mutant unloaded a barrage. Bullets ripped through the cover separating the two and he felt them impact against his weak flesh, We must find those sub dermal upgrades... Rook thought. When the hail finally stopped, he leaned around the corner and squeezed off shots, which both blazed past his target in the darkness. His first time firing the hellpistol and Rook could feel himself acutely missing SOLARIUS. He yearned to see balls of blazing plasma tearing these creatures apart

The merhcant was wide eyed at his impending death and then Kaylith's deceptively quick killing strike. He smiled, laughed, and then turned at the sound of gunfire assailing Rook. Even with the near total dark of his surroundings, at this range, he couldn't miss. He squeezed both triggers again. Each pistol opened up with an extremely high rate of fire. In the darkness, it looked like two tongues of flame pouring out at the beast. Somehow, through some twisted physiology, it was able to move out of the way of the first few shots, but the last couple caught it in the midsection. Amazingly, it remains standing. Worse, it simply looked annoyed after the barrage. "Whadduh Fuk are you?"

[New Round]

Kaylith crouches low again, putting her full body in cover and reaches over to inspect her kill. She pulls something from its belt and grasps it in her free hand.

The creature shifts focus from Rook to the merchant who had just attacked it and squeezes off a point blank burst. Amazingly, it completely misses, but the angle is such that Rook is just behind the merchant and subject to the odd round finding him, but luckily they slam harmlessly into the structure around him.

From farther into the room, three shots ring out, but they fail to connect to either Rook or the merchant.

The last creature turned around and sprints back to the other side of the room.

In response, the bartender with the thick mustache pumps another shell into his weapon and takes aim. He fires at the charging beast, eager to kill it and get some payback. He fires point blank into its chest... a kill shot. But somehow, some Emperor-forsaken way, it twists itself harmlessly out of the way.

+++
Enemy 12b - 6m from Rook/PB of merchant; 2 damage.
Enemy 12c - 20m from Rook
Enemy 12d - 48m from Rook; PB w/bartender.
Bartender 10 (table cover body/legs) - Across the room (52m away/Point Blank with Enemy 4).
Rook 6a (in doorway cover) - 5m from Kaylith; taken 4 damage.

Last edited by Iron and Metal on Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:54 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updating the Round Actions)
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 1:56 am

Spoiler:

Rook could feel the contusions to his body begin to swell and ache. Some of the bullets had lodged themselves in his flesh which would take some work to remove later, but he was alive after a near point blank shot from an automatic weapon. There were other things he could complain about in his lot. He heard the shots from the other side of the room and figured there must still be someone alive to offer support. For now...Kaylith, see if you can flank that bastard across the room! he yelled as he peeked around the corner. His vision was reeling somewhat after the barrage he had just weathered, so when he squeezed the trigger the bolts of light flew wildly out into the darkness. Another miss for this cursed weapon
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 6:45 pm

Kaylith stays crouched and moves farther down the bar in response to Rook, staying out of sight.

The creature in the firefight with Rook and the merchant turns its weapon on the merchant. It lets loose another burst of automatic fire right into the merchant.

He ducks down under the bar as the rounds chew it up. He feels a slight sting in his shoulder, but the table truly saves his ass.

Three more rounds come from the middle of the room toward Rook and the merchant's general direction. Meticulous and robot, they thunk into the walls harmlessly.

There is a burst of automatic fire from the other end of the room. Had Rook been closer, he would have seen the bartender try to get out of the way, only to be torn apart by such brutal fire at point blank range. Blood pours freely from multiple holes in his legs and torso, and he dies with the same angry grimace he wore before.

+++
Enemy 12c - 16m from Rook
Enemy 12d - 48m from Rook; 1 damage.
Bartender 10 (table cover body/legs) - Across the room (52m away/Point Blank with Enemy 4).
Fat-Tat Merchant 6b (in table cover) - 2m from Rook & enemy; 1 damage.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 1:10 am

Spoiler:

Rook peeked around the corner once more to take a shot at the mutant that glared at him over the table. When its attention was turned towards the merchant he let loose another semi automatic volley. Again, thanks to the darkness and his having to shoot from cover, his shots missed.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 10:07 am

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 7:14 pm

Kaylith stays low and out of sight. That last burst of automatic fire and the lack of a response from the shotgun told her all she needed to know. If she sprung and ran out now, the killer would surely be on her. Thinking on her feet, she instead grabs the nearest bottle of liquor - of which there were plenty, and begins tearing on her shirt.

The freak switches back to Rook, apparently choosing targets based on who last shot at him, but misses every shot.

The other one keeps its steady walk forward, firing on semi automatic from the hip, chewing up everything but the intended targets.

The final enemy, unseen by Rook, turns and starts rushing back to the excitement.

+++
Kaylith 14 (in table cover - legs) - full round action making a Molotov.
Enemy 12c - 12m from Rook
Enemy 12d - 18m diagonal and down from Rook; 1 damage.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 7:29 pm

Spoiler:

Rook leaned out again and changed tack. This time instead of trying to hit the bastard mutant, he sprayed beams of angry light at it to try and make it duck for cover. He wasn't sure if he managed to make it do that, but at least it would give the merchant another chance to get off a shot.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2019 9:02 am

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2019 5:49 pm

Spoiler:

IC for reroll outcome
Rook peered around the corner once again and changed tack. This time he let loose with a semi auto burst at the mutant strictly with the aim of making it duck. He didn't try to hit the creature, but somehow that worked better. He watched the las rounds strike it in the torso with a mix of disgust and satisfaction. Disgust that his efforts hadn't been rewarded, but satisfaction that he had still managed to hit the thing
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 30, 2019 11:13 am

...Rook's final bout of luck is quickly extinguished as it appears that the hit was superficial at best. The mutant or whatever-it-was barely seemed to notice.

In response, the merchant leans over the bar and unloads. This time, he only uses one of his two pistols... and aims. The gravity of the situation must have finally dawned on him. Even then, he somehow still misses. "Fuck! Kill dis thing, bra!" He yells back at Rook.

Kaylith apparently finishes her task. There is a spark and a small fire lights up in front of her face. She takes a moment to line up on the creature attacking Rook and the merchant. Soundlessly, the bottle sails up, trailing an arch of fire through the sky, and crashing almost dead center on its body. The sound of breaking glass is accompanied by a small, bright fire breaking out on it.

The creature in the middle of the room continues its slow advance, covering four more meters and meticulouly putting semi-automatic fire on Rook's position. This time, the autogun fire is right on point.

Spoiler:

The final enemy, seeing where the bottle was thrown from, runs straight up to the bar and leaps up onto it, standing tall above Kaylith with a roar.

Spoiler:

+++
Kaylith 14 (in table cover - legs).
Enemy 12b - 6m from Rook/PB of merchant; 4 damage, ON FIRE.
Enemy 12c - 10m from Rook
Enemy 12d - in melee with Kaylith; 1 damage.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 30, 2019 11:21 pm

Spoiler:

Rook weathered the storm of rounds coming out of the darkness and felt them impact against his body. He hadn't been able to move let alone dodge them. Luckily, he was so fixated on his target that adrenaline was carrying him onwards now. He leant around the corner again and let loos another semi auto burst from the hell pistol, hoping something would work. They were dancing with each other on each side of the table shooting each and managing to hit nothing. It was embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2019 10:18 am

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 2:09 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Machine (IC)   Ghost in the Machine (IC) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ghost in the Machine (IC)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next