A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened]

Go down 
+3
Sylphilis
DonQwaf
Iron and Metal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened] Empty
PostSubject: It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened]   It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened] EmptyThu May 24, 2018 5:07 pm

It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened] Zombie_apocalypse__2_by_fabiovenetz-d8xe3sl

Guys, I have been getting a wild hare up my ass. It feels wonderful. All of this newfound freedom, coupled with finally getting the desire to start Fear the Walking Dead back up (after a 2-3 year hiatus of not giving a shit) has really made me want to run something small and fast in a post-apocalyptic scenario.

I am thinking a one-and-done using Savage Worlds set at the beginning of a zombie apocalypse. 3-5 players max. Normal characters - no SWAT team/DELTA force shit. Just people trying to survive. Anyone interested?

Post Avail: Daily over Summer

Last edited by Iron and Metal on Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:19 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened]   It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened] EmptyThu May 24, 2018 5:19 pm

Yeah i could be keen!
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened]   It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened] EmptyThu May 24, 2018 10:49 pm

Ill give it a go.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened]   It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened] EmptyFri May 25, 2018 10:20 am

I don't know Savage world's at all but might be down.

Sent from Topic'it App

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened]   It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened] EmptyFri May 25, 2018 10:23 am

I picked Savage World's because it is easy as fuck to get the hang of. It's a d6 system and the learning curve is slight. And Heath is a master at it, so he can help a lot. Wink

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened]   It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened] EmptyFri May 25, 2018 10:27 am

Ok. I'm guessing you or Heath has a PDF? If it's cheap I would buy it myself too.

Sent from Topic'it App

he/him
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened]   It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened] EmptyFri May 25, 2018 4:58 pm

I'm in here too.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened]   It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened] EmptyFri May 25, 2018 6:16 pm

Fucking beautiful. That's four and I am going to call it closed on that unless someone REALLY wants to get in on this.

Now I just need to refresh myself with Savage Worlds rules. Uh oh. Syl, get ready to babysit.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened]   It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened] EmptyFri May 25, 2018 6:57 pm

Yay!

its like reading my school textbooks from last year!

We should probably find the modern day supplement.
Back to top Go down
kyouen

kyouen

PostSubject: Re: It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened]   It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened] EmptyFri May 25, 2018 9:23 pm

Am interested. Is there a pdf I can read to get ready?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened]   It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened] EmptyTue May 29, 2018 1:15 pm

OK, so I found some of the Savage Worlds apocalypse supplements. Clearly that will be useful. Heath, did you find any of the "modern" supplements?

Also, I've closed the thread as we hit our max. The lineup is:

Donq, Syl, Bob, Murcurie, and Kyouen.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened]   It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened] EmptyTue May 29, 2018 2:48 pm

Not yet Boss.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened]   It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened] EmptyTue May 29, 2018 3:20 pm

Anyone have a PDF of the rules or should we all pool together money for a copy?

Also, can we set up a thread or line chat for brainstorming characters? I'd like to bring something unique to the group and also like to have a good amount of time to build up a fleshed out character idea.

Sent from Topic'it App

he/him
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened]   It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened] EmptyTue May 29, 2018 3:29 pm

Sylphilis wrote:
Not yet Boss.

You guys looking for the modern ops savage worlds book? (The one with all the military stuff?)
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened]   It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened] EmptyTue May 29, 2018 3:31 pm

The one Inq made? I have that one. Is there an official modern one?

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened]   It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened] EmptyTue May 29, 2018 3:33 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
The one Inq made? I have that one. Is there an official modern one?

Yeah, there's an official modern ops book: http://www.rpgnow.com/product/19203/Modern-Ops?it=1
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened]   It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened] EmptyTue May 29, 2018 3:38 pm

Very Happy

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened]   It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened] EmptyTue May 29, 2018 3:53 pm

Hmmm after looking at that, modern military isn't exactly what I was looking for. I'm not sure what I meant actually. Just more modern... every day stuff. Vehicles and rules for like normal people? Or a modern supplement that isn't solely military focused.

Either way, I think that will be helpful. Thanks!

Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened]   It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened] EmptyTue May 29, 2018 4:05 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
Hmmm after looking at that, modern military isn't exactly what I was looking for. I'm not sure what I meant actually. Just more modern... every day stuff. Vehicles and rules for like normal people? Or a modern supplement that isn't solely military focused.

Doesn't look like there's an official one for a modern setting that isn't non-military or non-apocalypse: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Savage_Worlds_books
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened]   It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened] EmptyTue May 29, 2018 4:15 pm

After I gave that one a closer look, it does have some stuff for police forces that should come in handy. Not to mention the fact that given that this is an apocalypse game in America, there will be military check points along the way.

It'll be more helpful than I initially thought.

Between that, the apocalypse book, the zombacalypse book, and the Deluxe CRB, we should be good to go.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened]   It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened] EmptyTue May 29, 2018 6:08 pm

I think the CRB would have enoug? They have a section on modern day doesnt it?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened]   It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened] EmptyWed May 30, 2018 4:34 pm

Here is a sample template of one of my previous SW characters for a World War II game. As you go through the process, you can see how it looks on a PC sheet.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/rpng/gunnar-bahr-t462.html

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened]   It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened] EmptyThu May 31, 2018 4:51 pm

I will get a forum opened up shortly. Before I do that, has everyone had a chance to look over the rulebook - skim at least of the PC creation rules?

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened]   It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened] EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 9:18 am

I am going to bump this to re-generate interest, if there is some.

I had completely forgotten about this as it was in the Recruitment Graveyard, and I am not entirely sure why it didn't get up and running before. Alas, I would like to run this over the summer assuming that I am not out of the country.

So, this is very tentative. It would happen at the earliest in mid-May.

Would anyone potentially be keen?

Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened]   It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened] EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 5:24 pm

Count me as interested.

Also since it's almost been 5 (!) years there's been a slew of new Savage World setting/sourcebooks you can use or steal from. Dark States has that modern and early apocalypse mixed with the supernatural (kinda like Delta Green) theme going on. Not to mention a bunch of new post-apoc books as well.

Iron and Metal likes this post

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened]   It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened] EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 7:24 am

Oh, you beautiful son of a bitch. That is awesome. Thanks for the heads up!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened]   It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened] Empty

Back to top Go down

It's the End of the World as We Know It... Savage Worlds [Re-Opened]
Page 1 of 1