A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC

Go down 
+7
Gurkhal
mruozu
Hydrako
Azza
insane935
bobarctor1977
Carnelian
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 4:23 pm

After the surprise and consternation ripple through the squad, Cassiel extends his hand while rising to offer his hand in the standard greeting. "It is a great pleasure to meet you. I imagine this must be unexpected, but you don't look like the indecisive type. What do you plan to do?"

Cassiel tries to remain carefully neutral. If Ironbound offered hope to an entire sector he must have secret talents. Unless the Inquisition had enlisted Draco for a lover's squabble and the story had been a baseless ruse. But Cassiel didn't think so, nor did he think this man his latent psychic powers that posed an immediate threat. Regardless, the mission would be jeopardized far more if Ironbound chose not to go than it had been by a sea of raging xenos.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 6:02 pm

The relief omn Curas' face was immediate and it spread to all his men just as fast. He shakes your hands, which made his hand seem as small as a babies compared to his with a large smile on his face.

That was before talk turned to buisness....

He shakes his head. "Nah, I've never had any official dealings with the ministorum. I mean, I've attended a service here or there and maybe gone to a service on a holiday or soemthing. But that was years ago. I don't think they'd be after me 'cause I missed confessional or anything. Would they?"
His off hand joke about the ecclesiarch does him little favor with Albrect.

When asked about his vox capabilities, he waves a hand at the building behind him. "Beauty isn't she. This little waystation has some Archeotech gems hidden inside her. I can transmit over this whole basin for many km out. If we could only get some 10 or 20 techpriest out here to repair her fully, we could probably have the whole of castobel linked up again."

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 6:49 pm

"Absolute beauty." Lucius eyed the building again, glancing back at Makradon when he mentioned its capabilities being in need of repair. He could imagine the Guardian's hearts beating wildly at the mere mention of the archeotech.

"Well, we don't have 20 tech priests, but we have a Techmarine. I wouldn't trade him for 20 tech priests; I can tell you that for certain. Do you think you could transmit into orbit, through the 'Nid interference?"

+++

When conversation eventually ends and he has a moment...

Lucius makes his way over to Albrecht. The Templar had already made his distaste for the Novamarine's customs known. Twice. Surely, he wouldn't like what was about to be said. Lucius decided to be straight forward. He took the hardened fighter for a no-nonsense type who might appreciate that.

"Albrecht, a word?" When he was sure they were out of ear shot of the resistance fighters he began. "As I am sure you have reasoned, there is the possibility a meeting with the Ecclesiarchal forces could lead to confrontation, which could lead to violence. I understand that your honorable Chapter shares a tight bond with their organization. This may put you in an awkward position."

He made sure not to phrase himself as "are you with us or against us." That was not his intention. But a potential issue in a life or death situation pertaining to their mission needed resolution.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 9:40 pm

Makradon wasn't necessarily stunned like the rest of the squad, but his sensors perked up at the man mentioning that he was indeed their intended target. Once there was mention of archeotech, Makradon's system began to run faster and faster, eager to get to it. The mission came first, of course, but...archeotech. Ah, what a fine mission it had turned out to be indeed.

Makradon, keeping his helm on, scans the area behind Ironbound, taking in the building. Having heard it was in need of repair, Makradon was slightly upset at what had happened to the ancient tech...but also quite giddy at the chance to try and repair it.

He makes his was over towards Ironbound and his men, looking over to Lucius.

"I shall see what I can do, brother. Perhaps we can get out of this without the need for any Imperial strife."
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 12:56 am

Albrecht stared stony faced at Ironbound as he made his joke "Beware what you make fun of least I take offence. His holy church should not be an object of mirth." the Templar paused for a moment to ensure his point was made. He wouldn't actually bring harm to Ironbound, he was their objective after all, enshrined in a holy mission of the Ordo. Curas would have to say something truly stupid to find Albrechts axe at his neck.

Albrecht nods at Lucius and listens fully as the Novamarine says his piece. He had wondered when this conversation was going to happen. "Brother, there are some amongst us who are perhaps too eager to meet fellow servants of Him on Terra on the battlefield." Albrechts gaze rests on Hydrako "Others seem willing to raise the odds of such an occurrence by their approach to the mission." his gaze moves to Cassiel "We should do everything in our power to ensure such a happening does not take place, it would be a dark day should Draco cross blades with the church. I will not stand idle if there is unnecessary blood shed. Am I clear?"

"However if the church tries to deny us Ironbound and it comes to force I would be the first to place my axe at the cardinals neck."
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 3:05 am

Makradon, set with his task, continued to multitask, letting his systems work furiously to find any and all mentions of the name Curas. The information gathered in his neural pathways at a rapid pace, every article, every hidden document he could encrypt, every whisper of a whisper related to that name fusing into Makradon's knowledge.

And in the blink of an eye, it was done. With great care, on an encrypted secret channel, where only his brothers could hear, using High Gothic, Low Gothic, and their own cant, he gives out the information he had gathered.

"Those with their helmets on alert those who do not. Find some reason to get them to place their helmets back on, I have information we all must know.

He gives everyone a chance to chime in that they were ready, before proceeding.

"Curas is a name of great importance. Lord General Mikhail Curas is the Lord Militant in command of the Orpheus Salient. At least...he was. His battlegroup Argo died in the early days of the Hive Fleet. He was killed when they were lost in the warp, their ship boarded by Tyranids. Commands are sent in his name, his death a secret kept by the high command and the Triumvirate, which includes General Derian Arkelias of the Astra Militarum, Lord Admiral Anastasia Arkelius of the Imperial Navy, and Lord Commissar Vance Theran. Not many know this information, as it is a state secret, but I have found most of this information within the records of the Deathwatch, where it is common knowledge, at least to one such as myself. I do not know for certain, for there is no mention of him in any records, but this Micah Curas must be related in some way to the late Lord General."
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 7:41 am

When Makradon indicated he had news to share, Cassiel puts on his helmet, explaining to the assembled guards that they were receiving a data dump. After the report Cassiel was disappointed. Apparently Ironbound was needed as a body-double - a prop in a long-running deception. Or at least, that seemed more likely than the Lord General having survived the warp with his memories wiped. Removing his helmet again offers. "You have an uncanny resemblance to a high-ranking Imperial Officer. Perhaps it is nothing more than a case of mistaken identity. But either way, lives are hanging in the balance. Are you ready to leave this rock?"

If he is, Cassiel will need a plan and fast.

"Albrecht, you're in charge of representing us to any Ecclesiastical forces that approach. You are not to mention Ironbound or reveal his presence without a direct order. Understood?"
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 7:55 am

Lucius listened carefully and nodded tightly when Albrecht asked if he was clear. When he finished speaking, the Novamarine grinned broadly.

"The Deathwatch is an amazing machine, is it not?" His gaze drifted from all the assembled brothers and Venerable Ambrose. "Thank you for hearing me, Brother Albrecht."

He didn't need to say anymore. Albrecht had been concise and clear. Lucius hears the call in his collar Vox in Draco cant. Still facing Albrecht, he non-chalantly reaches down and places his helmet over his mohawk-tattoo covered head. Cassiel's data-dump excuse was perfect cover.

"Roger. Well done, Mak." Lucius removed his helmet just as non-chalantly and placed it back on his waist.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 12:58 pm

He shakes his head defensively, "I cant leave, not while this piece of arceotech is just sitting here."

His volume increases as he speaks, "You know homy many people have died because we have no long-range vox? Don't tell me that your time here hasn't been hampered by ineffective vox equipment?"

Caedite steps in trying to calm him down before he got really mad, "Calm down Micah. It'll do no good to argue with an astartes, dont you thing th-"
"NO" he interrupts, "They speak of saving the sector, but that happens one planet at a time, starting here."

The Lexon brother look around, unsure what to do, and Mag steps to flank Caedite, "I think he may be right. We've spent months out here, all wasted time if we leave now."
Boosted by her words, Micah adds, "Saving this crusade starts here, we send a message, not another step backwards....."
There is a pause as they wait for a response.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 1:20 pm

"Understood" Albrecht replies over squad vox to Cassiel.

Albrecht gave some thought to what was unfolding before them, there was arceotech here. He gave words to his thoughts keeping it to squad vox, his helm still in place after Makradons request. "Perhaps the Inquisitor is interested in things other than Ironbound; this tech or whatever is housed with the comms relay?"

As for Micahs refusal he remained silent for now. At the end of the day if Draco decided they were taking Ironbound he was coming with them and there was nothing here that Albrecht could see that would stop them.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 2:47 pm

Hearing people talk about not leaving something behind, Ambrose turns towards the conversation and bellows:

HOW HEAVY IS THIS ARCHEOTECH? THERE IS LITTLE I CANNOT LIFT!
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 3:15 pm

Cassiel wasn't surprised. In fact, this 'Ironbound's' reasoning wasn't too different than his own. Every step of the way he had committed Draco to turning the odds. It was time to share this with Ironbound.

"With limited communication there are improvements on the ground that you may not be aware of. Since Draco arrived, we've broken the air superiority of the xenos and worked to launch a full scale assault. The battle is not over, but it is not so one sided as you perhaps believe. The Hive Fleet has been cannibalized - they can't leave even if they want to. Dagon can be defeated by orbital bombardment if the powers that be were willing to sacrifice the remaining hives - but even that should not be necessary. If we leave now, the Imperium will win this planet. If we stay, they will win this planet somewhat faster."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 5:23 pm

Lucius stepped forward. "It is as Cassiel said. We have secured every one of five distinct landing zones along the shore from here to the base of the cliffs in the east. I can say definitely that the counter attack has not only succeeded, it has caught the forces of the hive completely off guard. They are on the back foot and Imperial reinforcements are pouring in."

He adjusted his shoulders, rolling them out, making his trophy of from the Beast of Thule very apparent to all.

"There is no one here who would rather stay and kill Tyranids more than I, Micah. But we have them on the back foot. Brother Makradon is an expert Techmarine who can see to your archeotech for now. We can call in Imperial forces to come and secure this location and tell them how many enginseers they need to bring, of course. But the fact remains, even if this archeotech were to fall today, it means little when facing the fall of the entire sector."

He gestured to Makradon making his way inside the building.

"We've won here today. Now's the time to ensure we win every day after this."

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 7:47 pm

Hydrako donned his stuffy helmet and listened to Makradon relay the information about this Curas to the squad. It meant little to him as following the politics of the Imperium was a waste of energy.
He caught himself after that last thought. In the field politics always went hand in hand with command, and those who knew how to command knew how to maneuver politics. It would do him good to learn more about this when they got back to the Watch Fortress
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 3:07 am

His face was hard edged, "Im not leaving. Not until this facility is secured in Imperial hands. If you want to leave before that, then go without me."
He looks to his men with a determined look, before back to you.
"There's no way I'm some kind of miracle answer to the reach's problems anyway. Sorry dad caused you the trouble. Tell him I'm not done here yet."

He walks off towards the comms array, passing Makradon as he does so.

This left you and his men standing around, unsure what to do next.....
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 12:58 pm

"Your father is dead."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 1:24 pm

He turns as he was about to enter the comms building
"What?"
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 5:59 pm

Once again Cassiel locks eyes with Ironbound. "Please excuse my directness. It is improbable that you would have been informed. I've only just learned of it myself through the data dump we received. Your father was Lord General Mikhail Curas, Lord Militant in command of the Orpheus Salient. His ship and all aboard were killed as the result of a warp accident. I have seen with my own eyes how horrid a fate that is. Take comfort that he lived his life in service to the Emperor, and even in death his name inspires those who still fight. It has never been my honor to meet your father personally, but we will take you to those who knew him best so your questions may be answered. I am certain that his death and our mission are connected." Cassiel moves on immediately. "Makradon, investigate the broadcast tower - see if you can boost the signal. Hydrako and Ambrose, secure the perimeter. Kohl, find a place with good lines of sight. Albrecht, you're at the gate until the Ecclesiarchy arrive. Lucius, you're with me and we are at Ironbound's disposal." That taken care of, Cassiel returns his attention to Ironbound. Cassiel didn't remember his father. He must have died more than a century ago. It hadn't occurred to him to inquire nor would he care. But he understood that mortals tended to form familial bonds with the people they were born to - they could never understand the bonds of blood, history and shared struggle that the Astartes had.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 7:20 pm

(Before Cassiel Speaks)
Curas' men look back and fourth between the departing Ironbound, and the Brother Novamarine who had just made a very valid point.

Back and fourth, back and fourth....

Finally, Caedite Grimm speaks to Lucius, "Sorry Mr Angel sir. With all due respect, we've been out here for months, even before the mass evacuations. We cant abandon Micah now."

(After that)
Micah stares at the emotionless mask of the Dark Angel, "Wait, if my father didn't send for me, then who did? Why?"
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 11:31 pm

Not getting any instructions Bleda keep with Cassiel, Lucius and the Ironbound. And seeing the Ironbound seems reluctant Bleda looks to see what the motivator might be, and so the casts a new Reading on Ironbound.

See OOC for details on the casting.
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 30, 2018 1:10 am

REMOVED: Eh, screw it. Bleda will be silent.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 30, 2018 2:11 pm

"You need not apologize. I understand. What you are doing is valiant and honorable, though it may prove foolish in the end. The Emperor Protects."

Lucius held no ill will toward the fighters, least of all Micah. They had forged something special here. It would not be so easy to abandon.

Lucius nodded his acknowledgement to Cassiel and stays within earshot of Ironbound.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 30, 2018 3:24 pm

Keeping his helmet on, Hydrako moves off to inspect the perimeter and bolster the weak points when the time came. We should just take him if he will not come willingly. His desires are secondary at best and irrelevant at worst. His naive sense of nobility will hamstring our mission if we placate him. Give me the order and I will carry him back to orbit. He will not escape my grasp. His whispering voice was sinister and inviting, like a deal made with a Slaneeshi cultist might. He kept his helmet on to hear any replies before taking it off once more
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2018 5:27 am

Hydrako's suggestion brought a smile to Cassiel's face. Under normal circumstances, there was nothing he would have liked better. Appeasing 'Ironbound' was like placating an unruly toddler, someone who knew nothing of duty and dedicating life in service of greater ideals. Ironbound was far too fixated on his own desires. But the mission was to ensure Ironbound helped - and that might require his willing cooperation. If Ironbound spent all of his time and energy on trying to escape Astartes custody, the mission would ultimately take longer and be less likely of success. Letting him set conditions and then meeting them would leave him honor bound to cooperate. Cassiel felt he could take Ironbound at his word. "That's a negatory, Carchardaron. Not unless our mission parameters change to the point we're bringing him in one piece at a time."
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2018 9:49 pm

Makradon took a long look at the archeotech that sat in front of him. It was quite impressive and he knew immediately how important it was. He knew they needed to fix it. And if he had the honor to do so, then even better.

Over the squad vox, and once again in their cant, he speaks.

"It will take me no longer than 4 standard hours to get this marvel back up and running."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2018 10:54 pm

Albrect takes a hawk-like position on the outer edges of the settlement.
He was as a gargoyle taking in silent vigil over the plains.

Makradon begins working on the hallowed vox array. This thing was ancient, most likely from the dawn of the 31st millennia or even earlier?
He feels hairs prickle on whatever skin hes has left, which wasnt as much as it had been in the past.
Was it the hallowed power of this place? or the excitement of working on it?
First thing, he needed to rouse the machine spirit fully. Once fully awake he could use its self diagnostics to further increase the chances of pinpointing its most pertinent errors.
He plugs in and begins the task.
From deep inside, sparking cables and a low pitched hum sounds can be heard as the machine recognizes someone who might be worthy of its attention.
Makradon gets the distinct impression that the array's machine spirit was not too fond of Ironbound. It thought that his use was too limited, and his knowledge to use it fully was severely lacking...

Micah Curas walks off into the ruins, by himself, presumably to absorb the news of his father's death, and to contemplate the ramifications of everything that had happened this day.

Caedite and Mag approach Lucius and Cassiel, their steps nervous and trepidus.
"M'lords, We got a personnel problem that maybe you would like to kick in the teeth?"

The smallest member of this group, Dal Lexon, walks up to Ambrose and touches him with his fingertips. When Ambrose's frame looks down to regard the boy he looks up with wonder and amazement in his eyes.
Readouts pull up in Ambrose's mind's eye.
Weapon: Autopistol
Armor: Negligible
Threat Capacity: NO THREAT
"Are you a man or a robot?" he asks the gargantuan dreadnought.

An hour later:
Albrect's eye is drawn to the horizon, he sees a dark cloud, in the direction from whence they came.

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 1:50 am

At the perimeter Albrecht waited and watched for the Cardinal and his forces for he would surely come, or perhaps the Inquisitor. Ironbound had said he was ignorant of the damage done to the Adepta Sororitas so in Albrechts view that only left the Inquisitor and if that was the case to attack the eccelisarchy bordered on heresy? There were conflicts for Albrecht as the Ordo were also set to a path to do the Emperors holy work.

He would refrain from judgement until he knew more.

His eyes are drawn to movement on the horizon, dark cloud probably being picked up by vehicles; at this point it was to hard to tell.

"We have incoming" Albrecht announces over squad comms "At this stage unidentified but big or numerous enough to kick up a dust cloud."

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 11:25 am

Lucius regarded Micah's men as they approached. He didn't respond, urging them with his silence to get to the point.

It was true, he did like metaphorically and literally kicking things in the teeth.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 4:12 pm

Hydrako circled around to the side of the compound where Albrecht had been keeping watch. With his weapons drawn and ready he watched the dust cloud approach, waiting for anything. He knew the Templar would be torn when hostilities broke out, and he wanted to see what he would do. He also knew he needed to be close by to repel any attack if they hoped to be victorious. Will you join us in repelling the attackers Templar? he asked suddenly over the vox, using a private channel. You know as well as I they will not negotiate when they find Ironbound in our hands. They will seek to take him by force and achieve their own goals. In your hearts you know we will have to fight. Will you fight or abstain? His tone was not accusatory or belligerent, but inquisitive.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 4:58 pm

Looking at the tiny (and obviously malnourished) little ratling auxiliary; in his faint memories, he remembers fat bellies and hairy feet. Ambrose sets his volume to low, afraid his vox-hailer might blow him away.

i am a bit of both guardsmen. you see, even space marines get hurt. and when our body is too damaged to fight the emperors enemies, they give us a new body, of steel and pistons. that way, we can keep protecting humanity when our body breaks.
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 6:38 pm

Cassiel actually laughs out loud. "I have solved personnel problems that way a time or two, but be careful what you ask for - few mortals can survive a kick from the Astartes even without their equipment - with our powered armor I'm afraid your personnel problem may be solved too finally for your taste. Tell me more."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 3:52 am

Caedite continues on, "You see we got some more guys here, good fightin' men, all of them. PDF before my time here, before the invasion. Somethin' broke them though. They're unruly, hard to control. Most of Curas' and my time here is spent trying to keep them in line. They have the manner or a hive gang, but when push comes to shove, they get off thier asses and bite hard."

He leads you through the ruins, with Mag taking up the rear. As you approach, it did seem like you were entering a ganger lair. Maybe it even brought back pre-geneseed memories for you?
There were all manner of stuff hung from walls, ranging from tyranid trophy-body parts, to vandalized propaganda posters. Music echoes from a monospeaker and you enter what appears o be a main room of sorts. It had maybe 10 or 12 rough looking men, who are immediately startled by your approach and back to the side of the walls without hesitation. The roof had been torn away and the center of the ruins were lit, sitting in the middle of the lightened area was a shirtless man with gaunt digits hanging around his neck. He was laying back in a metal frame chair, basking in the sun. The whole place reeked of cheap alcohol, broken glass bottles lay all around. The guy had some welders goggles on to keep the sun out of his eyes while he lazily soaked up the distant suns rays.
"We call him 'priest' on account of his....devout manner."
The guy hadnt moved, he had given no indication he had seen you, but he responds to Grimm,
"Well well old shit. How'd that chimera turn out? Commissar come to execute me like you said? Or should I wait longer?"
"Get up priest, you got visitors."
"Just traders looking for something I got? Homemade Amasec?"
"Get up!" he orders.
Without giving him a chance to do anything, he kicks a leg out from the metal frame chair, knocking priest to the ground.
"Thats it you old fuck. Im gonna bury you so deep-" he starts as he picks himself up off the ground.
He looks up and sees you and jumps back, not expecting anything like what he saw before him, "Feth me" he exclaims as he removes the goggles to get a better look.
Grimm had a smug look on his face.

The boy takes in Ambrose's words with deep thought.
"So you inside that thing? How old are you?"

Khol joins Albrect and Hydrako on the edge of the settlement.
"Looks like it may be a rad storm or somethin', eh pal?"

"Whatever it is, we need to be prepared for it. I wonder if they got an ATV scout vehicle or something like that around. These rigs usually do."

Khol either didnt hear the somber topic being discussed as he arrived, or he was trying to deliberately change the subject, who knows....
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 4:05 am

[Gang lair]

Taking a look at this "people problem" that seems to be in effect here Bleda scans the room to see what weapons were present with these men, if things would turn violent.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 4:09 am

Bleda notes an assortment of ballistics.

Shotguns, autoguns, stub "cannons," Stub pisitls, heavy stub revolvers, autopistols, and even a single heavy stubber was propped up against a far wall.
Besides that, they all had a side arm of some sort on their persons, including knives and jury-rigged frag grenades on bandoliers.
So far, none of the riff raff even seemed to care for a fight with angels of death. The only one who moved at all was priest.
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 5:12 am

"Greetings, Priest. You may call me Cassiel if you wish. Grimm tells me you and your men give hell in a fight, but when you're not facing the enemy your...manners...negatively impact the rest of the unit. From your perspective, why is Grimm upset with your demeanor?"
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 7:52 am

Lucius stood back, helmetless, letting them peer at his scarred and tattooed visage. It would do them good. The two service studs above his left eye would tell those who had any idea that he had been one of the finest fighting specimens in the galaxy longer than they had been alive.

Cassiel took the lead, so he stood content to see where this went. Hard fighting men such as this were similar to the stock he had come from. But there was something inherently different about their ganger vibe than what were commonly described as the "barbarians" from his homeworld of Honorum.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 1:21 pm

Preist looked to his rabble.

None of them spoke, none of them moved.

"Well-" he begins, "These guys are pompous assholes." the more he speaks, the more composure he regains. "All I wanna do is get back to Hessax and these guys come in and force us to stay here, guarding some blighted vox antenna."

He reaches for a container of homebrew, "I guess if your here that means that the 'prophetic' ironbound's magical quest is done and we can get the hell out of here."

Grimm explains briefly how they met, "Priest and his men here were in a convoy, got lost and destroyed. Hell, this whole outfit is made of survivors from here and there. None of the people here were under my command."

Whoever priest was, he had a serious chip on his shoulder, and didnt seem to respect authority very much. Sometimes, PDF troops were bottom of the barrel.

Your vox interrupts you, it was Khol:
"Im gonna check out this dark cloud on the horizon, any sort of transport that could help me out laying around?"
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 8:09 pm

"When cast adrift at sea, it is easy to hate the island on which you wash ashore, instead of at the storm that wrecked your vessel. The island offers refuge, but feels like a prison. The storm passes and there is nothing left of it to focus your anger on." Cassiel is confident that the metaphor will be understood and with some time to consider, this Priest will come to realize the error of his way. "There is movement on the perimeter approximately 1 hour out. Khol, a member of my team, wishes to investigate. We expect to remain here for a minimum of 4 hours. Would you and your men mind babysitting?"
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 2:09 am

Albrecht turned at Hydrako's approach.

The Carcharadon was a mysterious one, he mostly kept to himself apart from the obvious companionship he shared with Lucius so Albrecht was a little surprised when he asked a direct question as he had barely talked to the Templar. They had also spent little time in combat together, tied to the ground as Hydrako was by his ancient armour.

He was obviously referring to the cardinals forces. There was no hesitation in Albrecht reply.

"If they raise their hand against us then they are fools and it would sadden me. I would then be forced to spill the blood of the faithful. I would hope the cardinal see's the error in that path." Albrecht then looks back out at the distant dust cloud for a moment.

"What about you Carcharadon, do you look forward to such a fight?"
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 8:26 am

Lucius raised an eyebrow at Cassiel's metaphor. He was quick to hide a smirk as well. Were he to place a bet on the issue, he would have bet that Cassiel's start and finish for dealing with a petulant hive ganger such as this would have been the report of his bolt pistol.

The Dark Angel was really falling into the role of leadership. He had done so more or less consistently throughout this mission. Perhaps it was time to let his actions aboard The Mortis Thule finally rest.

But probably not.

Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 10:51 am

Bleda casts another reading on this ganger guy.

See OOC for the casting.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 1:42 pm

Ambrose responds:

Frankly I'm not sure of my age. I am allowed to nap between deployements. Could be a thousand years or a day. All I know is that I'm old. And how to fight.
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 6:21 pm

Hydrako watched the dust cloud, noted Kohl's appearance then disappearance as he went to find a vehicle, and then after a moment answered Albrecht. It is my Chapter's nature to fight. We do not balk at who that may be or how many there are. We only care where they are. I agree, it would be silly for the Cardinal to throw his forces away against us, and like you I will not hesitate in the attack to repel them. But, unlike you, I would eat his heart before his eyes, and extinguish the holy brazier of his Cannoness in her throat for his hubris. Hubris, of the kind that would spur one to attack loyal forces, must be dealt with harshly and mercilessly. The Mantis Warriors learnt this lesson during the Badab War. He went silent for a few minutes and watched the dust on the horizon. When this fight begins, and it will begin, my goal will be the Cardinal and his bodyguards. I will end it with their bloody deaths. The axe in his hand growled hungrily at that, as if it had a mind of its own. Looking over at the Templar, Hydrako made an uncomfortable sinister wink. Just watch. You will see.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 11:46 pm

Khol finds a shoddy tracked ATV. It would allow him to scout out the cloud and find out its source.
With a buzzing of a small 4 stroke engine, he races over the dune wastes towards the direction you came from.

Priest nods to Cassiel, regaining some of his composure via liquid courage.
"We been babysitting this place for at least a month, whats another few hours?"
Not knowing Khol had already found and taken it, he offers his personal ATV.
It was clear he prized the vehicle and was concerned that it came back in one piece.

Unless there was anything else you wished to say, he nods to his ganger-squad. They grumble under their breaths and take weapons to set up patrols throughout the small settlement.

Grimm gives a smug smile in satisfaction.
"He's trouble, but he'll stay in line."

1.5 hr later......

Your vox breaks in, It was Khol.

++Eh? Its xenos alright. A large group of em. Must've been forced out of the city. There's a fair amount: Gaunts, Carnifexes, Warriors.....I dont know what else. Big ones out there. Theyre just milling about, not doing anything. But more and more are showing up from the city. Im keeping my distance.++

He adds in, almost as an afterthought. ++By the way, I passed a few of the sororitas scouting vehicles. Theyre buzzing around like crazy, but located more southerly than we were. I dont think they saw me, didnt seem like it++
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 1:11 am

Albrecht stared out across the wasteland as his brother spoke, did the Carcharadon really think himself so different from I?

“It is in all our hearts and nature to fight, it is our purpose. While I would not eat the Cardinals heart, if you think I would not put him down anymore mercilessly than you, you’re mistaken. The cardinal would prove himself a traitor if that comes to pass, so I would stoke my hate for the heretic although that fire already burns fierce.”

Albrecht pauses as Khol reports in “Acknowledged” he sends back to the Raptor before he returns to the conversation with Hydrako.

“I merely hope that the Cardinal doesn’t seek that path for if he does you would find me alongside you.”
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 4:01 am

I cannot wait to see your savagery unleashed, Son of Dorn. Though death at a stroke is hardly the judgement that would be required. He must be made an icon. A personification of your hatred for all to see. As Khol's report came over the vox Hydrako's teeth gnashed quickly. More prey was approaching. His teeth flashed in the sunlight as his lips parted in a horrific rictus. Alas, the Cardinal will have to wait. He froze in place then and waited for the xenos to arrive or orders to be given. The Silence was creeping over him. It was time to hunt
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 5:42 pm

With "Priest" in line, Lucius headed back out. When the call came in that the cloud was made up by Tyranids, Lucius began scouting the perimeter, looking for weak points and kill zones. Once that was done, he found Ironbound.

"I want to talk defense. Tell me what you have prepared, where you think your weakest spots are, and any contingency plans you have in place already. Let's see where we can improve."

Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 7:17 pm

Cassiel weighed Kohl's report. On the one hand, the team would relish the opportunity to charge forth and deal with the oncoming horde long before it became a threat to the broadcasting station. On the other hand, there were other threats about, and allowing Draco to be drawn away would jeopardize the mission. He couldn't afford to have the Ecclesiarchy claim Ironbound as a prize with Draco away and force his squad to become the aggressors. Cassiel weighed the possibility of letting the horde draw close. It could mean the destruction of the ancient technology, but would that really be such a bad thing? That would leave no reason for Ironbound to stay. Of course, Cassiel agreed with Ironbound that giving one step to the hated enemy was unthinkable.

That left splitting the squad again. Sending Hydrako and Ambrose was what he wanted to do. They would enjoy the fight and together they were a potent pair. Of course, Ambrose might need Makradon's support, and the Techmarine needed to stay here. And of course, their slow speed made them more likely to be surrounded or cut-off. Would he face a rebellion if he didn't order them to the fight? It had to the same squad that took the Cliffs site. Kohl was already out there. Lucius, Seraphan, and Albrecht would have to go. Ambrose, Hydrako, and Bleda would have to stay with him and ensure that Makradon had the time he needed.

Cassiel dropped to his news and offered an invocation for the coming battle. After a few moments to recite one of the shorter litanies, he called over the squad's private channel. "Lucius, Serpahan, and Albrecht - move to intercept the invaders. If at all possible draw them away from the station. Our mission is to deliver Ironbound safely, and the further away the horde remains, the more likely that is. Further, Makradon needs time to repair the ancient technology and he and Ironboud will both hold it against us if it is destroyed in the fight. Kohl, keeps eyes on the enemy and advise our wings in the sky as they approach. Assist as needed, but don't get surrounded or lead them back here. Hydrako, I want you to see to the perimeter defenses. If the enemy draws close, you and Ambrose may move forward to engage, but be prepared to return to the base - there are other enemies and we can't afford to leave this place undefended. Bleda, you have the most important job of all. I want you to stay with Ironbound - he's your responsibility. Keep him safe, the mission depends on you." Cassiel took a deep breath. "Questions?"

Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 8:44 am

"No questions." Bleda tells Cassiel and then heads out to find his charge and ensure the safety of that charge. The only thing the Destroyer amused himself with was that he may have to carry the Ironbound like some child if the Ironbound would prove stubborn.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 10:20 am

When Lucius finishes conferring with Micah he takes a long look at the cloud.

"They aren't currently moving. The only reasonable explanation is that they are leaderless - no synapse creatures to guide the horde. I've seen this before. This is not the only horde - they are regrouping for a push on Imperial lines."

Lucius thought briefly. "There could be another way - at least initially. Khol and I both have spotting goggles and surely by now Imperial guard artillery has landed along the front. If we called in a fire mission here, it would no doubt halt any friendly elements in bound on our location for risk of being hit themselves. Throne, if Makradon can get a signal in orbit, we can call down a proper strike."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next