A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:07 pm

The burning wreck was certainly a mystery, but it couldn't be allowed to interfere with the mission, and that mission was to find and extract Ironbound.

You continue on in the wastes, towards Makraon and Ambrose. Time was running short; with a new front opened up, the hive mind would divert whatever forces it had towards the city on the black bay outside of Hessax-eager to consume fresh biomass to reinforce its ranks.

Within another hour and a half, you make it to Ambrose and Makradon at the abandoned Mining facility.

Ambrose spent the time rumminging around the rusting buildings intent on killing the cowardly orks hiding within. Makradon also spent some of his time looking, but ultimately resigned himself that there was nothing important to be had here.

He patches through the various vox frequincies in his spare time. There were perhaps hundreds of channels for the different guardsmen echelons to coordinate their forces.

The initial assault had hung on a wire's edge, but now that the heavy armor was landing the Major was consilidating his forces and pushing inward. The casualty list from the assault was still rising, now to 30,000-Acceptable losses for the guardsmen by high command's standards.

There were a few ministorum channels with hymnal chatter, but nothing majorly important, and even a few encoded frequencies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:28 am

BROTHERS! YOU COULD FINALLY JOIN US! THE ORKS ARE BEING CUNNING, THEY ARE VERY WELL HIDDEN. WHERE SHOULD WE GO NOW?

Last edited by Wendigo Bob on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:28 am

"Glad to see you are as vigerous as ever, Brother Ambrose." Bleda brings the chimera to a stand outside the buildings, next to Ambrose and Makradon. As the driver he'll leave the vehicle last after his brothers have exited.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:04 pm

"Ambrose, well met." Lucius dropped down near the ancient warrior with whom he had spoken to before the attack. "I trust you killed dozens of enemy champions."

After he finishes speaking with Ambrose, the Novamarine made his way to Makradon and informed him of the Inferno tank and the booby traps. "We must proceed with caution. If you have an auspex, that could help prevent any calamity befalling us."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:10 pm

OOH! OOH! I HAVE AN AUSPEX BROTHERS! AND MY SENSES ARE AS FINE AS THEY WHERE IN MY YOUTH!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:27 am

"This mission could not succeed without you, Venerable Brother Ambrose." Cassiel asks the storied Dreadnought and the Techmarnine, "Makradon, Ambrose, between the two of or with the inclusion of the Chimera, can we triangulate on Ironbound's position? We need to conclude this mission with all possible haste, and I don't think wandering these wastes is a good use of time." Cassiel allows the two to answer before opening it up to discussion with the full team for recommendations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:10 am

With the experts discussing the mysteries of the machine, Lucius took the rare moment of rest to approach his blooded brother.

“Was taking the port worthy of such ancient armor?” Lucius eyed the scratches and burns on the armor. Had he not been on Macragge, he would have been surprised an organic creature could put any visible damage on terminator armor. But he knew better.

“Will you be detailing any of it into your armor?”

At that moment the differences between the Novamarines and the Carcharadons seems few and far between. Hydrako’s people wore their stories in runes and bones on their armor, just as the Novamarines wore their stories as tattoos on their bodies. Even now, Lucius awaited the next story to add to his face.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:07 pm

Albrecht really didn't think he could be of much assistance to a Techmarine but he as keen to get to Ironbound before the Cardinal. He approached Makradon "Brother, allow me to assist in reviewing the communications, I am no expert but two is better than one."

After speaking to Makradon was concluded Albrecht starts reviewing the comms, most of it was Imperial Guard which Albrecht would quickly skip over. The devotional prayers which were being cast on a wide frequency by the Cardinals forces he also skipped, focused as he was on acquiring Ironbound. Had he time he might has lingered upon them. He eventually came across something worthy of interest, an encrypted message that bore some similarity in cyphers Albrecht had taught during his work with the Inquisition.

"Makradon, what do you think of this." Albrecht replays the message "Its encoded as you can tell, but I can decipher some of it. Its a warrior cant, seems professional. They're preparing an ambush. On who or where I do not know."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:57 am

"Eyes ready. Assume it is us unless we have proof otherwise. Jetpacks, patrol a perimeter at two clicks. Maintain box and visual contact."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:37 am

LET US CHARGE FORTH! WE WILL CRUSH OUR ENEMIES UNDER MY GIGANTIC METAL FEAT! LIKE FERRUS MANUS, BUT WITH FEAT!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hydrako
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:31 pm

Hydrako eyed the Nova Marine as he approached for another one of their "talks". Though he enjoyed them, he would never admit it out loud. He opened one of his trophy pouches and showed Lucius the contents. I have collected more trophies of strains unchallenged to add to my reliquary, as they proved unworthy of the Mantle. Glancing at his armour, he regarded Lucius' question for a moment. This armour is not of my Chapter, and I do not know who has donned it before me. However, honour requires that I record my deeds upon its surface. Carcharodon savagery must be passed down to all who wear this suit after I die. He looked Lucius in the eye then. Don't worry, you may one of your own one day. He grinned savagely. How was your battle for the cliffs? I noticed that you have not said much to Seraphan since we reconnected. Did we lose him again?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:46 am

Lucius cast his eye toward Seraphan and then nodded to Hydrako. "Aye. He exhausted himself of foes and once again turned on our allies." The issue was much less Seraphan attacking the Guard and much more his loss of all control, needing to be physically restrained, and not being able to distinguish his own needs from that of the Kill Team.

"I imagine he has sought solitude since the cliff battle. It was a hard fight, but nothing we were unprepared for." Lucius then showed Hydrako his trophies collected.

"They're loosing multiple synapse creatures to each battle front. We caught them completely by surprise. They had stacked their ranks in anticipation of an attack on the hive and the counter attack has broken that for the time being."

When word comes in from Cassiel to patrol the perimeter, he slams a fist against Hydrako's plate and heads off.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:05 am

While they charged forward, Ambrose kept his auspex at high power to spot any dangers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:28 pm

While Ambrose focuses on the short range auspex to avoid danger, the rest of you power along in the requisitioned chimera.

The hours tick by in silence. You focus on your search as Ambrose regale's you with half remember tales of heroic deeds. The vox continued with chatter, mostly from the guardsmen as they retake the city.

The ministorum have had several problems though. Many of the dominion squads miss check in times, others were found, disabled and destroyed. Whatever could kill off dominion squads before they could retaliate? And in the immolator transports no less?

With what Albrect could decipher from the encrypted codes about ambushes....the implications are disturbing, though none of you spoke openly about what you were thinking.
If it was an inquisitorial cypher, could someone in the ordos be sabotaging the minstorum efforts?and by the same effort, are they needlessly ending the lives of faithful and devout battle sisters?
The more you think, the more you question your fellow inquisitor, who stayed in Hive Kevor to research things more. And then there was the matter of the single transmission she was able to get to you, how was that achieved?
How much did you really know about inquisitor Ezu Graihle?
She seemed trustworthy enough, but was she one who would murder innocent lives to achieve her goals?
After all, she had attached herself to this mission without any orders, with only an altruistic motive as an allabi.

Your dark thoughts are interrupted by a vox chime. Albrect spots a few buildings in the distance.
It was bigger than the promethium rig that Ambrose and Makradon had searched earlier, but only big enough for a couple of hundred or so guild adepts at best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:00 am

Lucius lands on the outskirts of eye contact with the squad, as per Cassiel's orders. Both of his main weapons were stowed on his body, and he used both hands to hold fast onto the top side of a ruined structure as he surveyed the land.

The vox chatter was interesting, especially news of the Minitorum forces' efforts. Lucius had never fought alongside the fanatical forces of the Emperor's religious cult before. He supposed he still hadn't, not officially, but he thought they would be more effective than this.

What is really at play here?

It was never an easy answer with the Inquisition. He was starting to understand this so much better thanks to his Long Watch.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:08 pm

Makradon had listened to the cant as it came in through to him, trying his best to decipher it, but failing to find the correct translation within his mind. Thank the Omnissiah for Albrecht being able to do so.

"Interesting. I shall store it in my memory banks for further study. At the current moment, I couldn't tell you what might happen. Let us remain cautious as we head to the next building. More than likely, the ambush is not for us. However, I find that ambushing us...results in massive casualties to the ambushing force."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carnelian
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:24 pm

Albrecht took to the skies and went the opposite flank to Lucius, his keen gaze scoured the ground for hostiles while he considered the losses the Cardinal was experiencing. Was this the inquisitors doing, clearing the way?

It would take considerable resources and powerful warriors to lay the Sisters low, if it were the inquisitions doing why did she need Draco. Did she know more about Ironbound than she was letting on and Draco would be needed to make contact.

Or it was Ironbound ambushing the Sisters. Albrecht disliked politics, he was on a holy mission for the Deathwatch and he would do everything in his power to succeed in the mission no matter who or what got in his way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:01 pm

"We're moving in then." Bleda takes the vehicle up to the building. All the while Bleda is ready to take the vehicle into full speed and a zigzag pattern of movement to avoid enemy fire, should such erupt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:13 pm

LET US SHOW THE FIRE OF VULKAN!

He screams, brandishing his underslung flamer around. Ambrose charges forth will all the speed his stubby little legs allows, scanning the horizon for foes, and the ground for traps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:46 am

Lucius moved forward at a pace that allowed him to be able to close with the target at the same pace as the rest of Draco. There was no need to act as scouts and attempt infiltration. Let the enemies come and let any potential allies recognize them for who they were.

He pulled down his auto-sense goggles and scanned the building, painting it for Imperial forces within to bombard on his signal if necessary. If they had to pull out and reduce the area to ash, then so be it.

With Draco's back banner fluttering high above his head, he moved in from the left flank.
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:45 pm

Riding in the troop compartment, Hydrako scanned the area around the building for anything out of the ordinary. As they rode closer, he readied his chainaxe and stormbolter in case there was an ambush waiting for them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylphilis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Yesterday at 7:32 am

You approach the cluster of buildings with all-due haste.

As you approach it becomes painfully obvious that the area is occupied and had been fortified. Iron welded tank traps block the only inroad you see. Shadows can be seen in the ruins moving about. Whoever they were, they were aware of you.

A lone man in a brown leather duster steps out in front to head you off at the blocked road. In his hands was a lasgun variant, and under his duster could be seen carapace armor.
He had dark hair and a thick, scraggly beard. His dark eyes scan the chimera and the hulking dreadnought warily.

Bleda stops the chimera in front of him and there was a slight pause before he speaks and motions from whence you came.
"Y'all lost? War's that way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Yesterday at 8:06 am

While his auspex scans the outer surface of the building for enemy positions & hidden heavy weapons, Ambrose profers a friendly (if extremely loud) greeting to the visible man.

GREETINGS, LOYAL CITIZEN OF THE IMPERIUM! COME FIGHT ALONGSIDE US TO RID THIS WORLD OF THE XENOS HORDE! WE SHALL CRUSH THEM UNDER IRON BOOTS WITH THE STRENGTH ONLY MANKIND CAN DISPLAY!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iron and Metal
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Yesterday at 11:48 am

Lucius watched from his perched position not too far away. Having marked the building for potential orbital or artillery strike, he lifted the goggles off his head and placed them in the carrying case at the small of his back.

Draco's banner flew high above his head, and he made himself an obvious target to any enemies. But that was OK. He heard Ambrose's proclamation without needing it to go through the vox frequencies.

"Allowing Venerable Brother Ambrose to do the talking, eh? It is a bold strategy, Cassiel. I will give you that." He quipped over the vox.
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Today at 7:52 am

Cassiel disembarked from the Chimera, mag-strapping his helmet to his hip as he moved to stand opposite the apparent leader. "Peace, Amrbrose, let me negotiate with them", he clicks over the vox before switching to true voice communications. "Lost? No. Not so much. There's fighting across this whole planet, we should know, we've won our share of the battles. Looks like you're holding out well enough here. We didn't think anyone survived outside of the hives."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   

Back to top Go down

Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Community for Gamers, by Gamers :: Play-by-Post Gaming :: Heart Collector - Deathwatch (Game Thread)-
Jump to: