A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC

Go down 
+7
Gurkhal
mruozu
Hydrako
Azza
insane935
bobarctor1977
Carnelian
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyThu May 03, 2018 10:58 pm

Tomoi's response cracks back over the vox.
"Understood. I will relay these to the watch captain as soon as he is available. Be aware that xenos life forms have boarded the soul smear and Avincus is currently repelling borders. Its nothing serious, a few genestealers, but it must be purged immediately to prevent further contamination."
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyFri May 04, 2018 11:13 am

He stood motionless in the hours leading up to the assault. He did not bother to mingle with the mortals who would soon be thrown upon the defenses of the xenos. They were merely there to buy time for his squad to capture their objectives. His mind replayed the battles aboard the Thule, and his teeth ground together dangerously. When the morning came to move out, he was ready
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyFri May 04, 2018 1:19 pm

When morning came, Lucius woke himself from his half-sleep. He had been kneeling, silently contemplating and going over the Codex, Guilliman's holy book of tactical and strategic genius. Of all the gear, tools, and weapons on him, he considered the Codex to be the most dangerous. That was what would allow the Astartes to carry their objectives.

Rested, in the most technical sense of the term, the Novamarine stood and strode over to Hydrako. The Carcharadon looked more intimidating than usual in his hallowed tactical dreadnought armor.

"You're looking as approachable as ever. How have your preparations gone?"

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptySat May 05, 2018 4:13 am

Seraphan blew lightly on the parchment before him finalising the last oath paper. It would be rushed but he knew the Militarium troops would be bolstered if the Astartes swore themselves to the Assualt. He stood making sure the papers remained whole in his gauntled hand and activated his vox to squad communication

"Brothers I have completed oaths for this assualt. I believe we should show the soilders of the guard we stand with them."
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptySat May 05, 2018 11:16 am

I've been thinking about our attack while eyeing these morsels. Site three will be a bloody massacre. He still had his chainaxe in his right hand, the weapon hardly leaving it since they arrived on the planet. His head remained still but his eyes swept the area constantly. It reminded me of the Culls we perform in the Predator Fleets. I should find a survivor to capture and bring back with us. If the survivor is of proper age then it may be able to survive the rest of the Cull back in the Fleet. His teeth flashed dangerously in the morning light as he spoke. Or it wouldn't. He looked at Lucius, Bring back something enticing from your foray onto the heights. My hunger cannot be sated by nutrient paste...
They both heard the click of the vox from Seraphan then, Come, lets show the Guard what real monsters are
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptySat May 05, 2018 1:27 pm

Lucius nodded as his brother spoke. Something about the savagery of the Carcharadon had drawn the Novamarine to him. He had learned from Hydrako, not just skills in melee combat, but also strategies his Chapter employed. It might seem odd to an outsider - a successor of the Ultramarines gravitating toward a member of a Chapter so opposite. But every Novamarine knew that they were the barbaric offspring of the Ultramarines, regardless of their veneration of the Codex.

He made a mental note to speak at length with Hydrako of the Predator Fleets, the Cull, and their initiation process.

"You are correct. Even still, I think our plan will stymie unnecessary deaths thus robbing the devourer of bio-matter. I have no doubt you will find a suitable candidate among the living after this day is through." He slammed his fist against his chest and then into Hydrako's terminator plate.

"We will imprint ourselves upon the collective psyche of the hive fleet. They will tremble and scream when they remember Draco." Lucius teeth locked and his eyes set on his battle brother's.

He slammed his fist into Hydrako's plate once more.

"For vengeance." Lucius unfurled his back banner, letting it fly high above him and moved toward Seraphan.

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptySat May 05, 2018 9:15 pm

Makradon listened to the words of the Carcharadon, intent as well at finding out more about the culture and rites of the bloody Chapter. It would do nicely to gain a more intimate knowledge of these practices in order to help illustrate the story of Draco. And also shed more light on this most mysterious chapter.

He stores this inner thought process for later perusal, before checking his weapons and making sure his servo arm is ready for the coming fight.

It would be bloody. It would be destructive. It would be Draco.

"Confirmed. Standing by and ready to set out."

The tech marine lets his inner machinations run their final preparatory checks and then he shuffles over to form up with his brothers.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptySun May 06, 2018 5:52 am

Bleda moves at once to join with his brothers in order to take the oath before they set out to glorious battle.
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptySun May 06, 2018 6:09 am

"We are ready. Seraphan, lead us in the oath where the guard units can hear. Everyone here knows our objectives and their mission in supporting the battle to come. But don't forget that we have one mission that stands above all others - the fate of this world matters, but more so the fate of the galaxy. We will win here and achieve our greater aim, but if you find yourself with the opportunity to complete our mission do so and trust your brothers to shoulder the burden you leave behind."
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptySun May 06, 2018 8:29 am

Hydrako grasped the Nova Marine's pauldron, and then ran his hand over the hide of the Beast, watching it shimmer in the morning light. If we find another as worthy as this beast, you can rest assured that we will sate our hunger again by nightfall. He paused then and locked eyes with Lucius. Should you fall, I will make sure that The Teeth Remain. I will find your corpse, take your bionics and add secure your legacy. the phrasing he used was blunt, and it was difficult to tell whether Hydrako was joking or not. When Lucius unfurled the back banner of Draco, he echoed, for vengeance.
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptySun May 06, 2018 12:16 pm

Seraphan watches as his Brothers gathered - a smile beneath his helm unseen, to think he considered these varied Astartes as brothers yet the Blood Drinkers whose viens carried the blood of the Angel as distant kin was strange - the Deathwatch was a strange place to serve. He made sure they gathered where the bulk of the Guard were mustering. He had agonised over the oath - ensuring it allowed Hope to be offered but without hobbling the Kill Team in completing their primary objective. Once everyone had arrived he drew his bolter and offered it to his to touch and made sure his vox was broadcasting loud enough to be hears

"Brothers of Squad Draco, do you swear upon this weapon - to aid the men of the Astra Militarium the war with the xenos. To bring death to the vile creatures that cross your path no matter what monstrosities they bring to bear. Will you uphold the honour of your chapter and the Emperor, whose light illuminates all."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptySun May 06, 2018 12:23 pm

After speaking with Hydrako, Lucius's primary heart had sped up. The symbolic power of those words, the meanings of which he did not yet fully grasp, had driven his urge to bring the fight to the Tyranids to new heights. He kept it in check. He let it fuel him. A bit now. More when he would need it.

He held his elegant Hesh bolter in his left hand by its body and placed his right hand on Seraphan's bolter. He stared his brother apothecary directly into the lenses of his helmet with his uncovered eyes. There was fire there. Eagerness.

"By the Primarch Guilliman, the Novamarines, and the Emperor of Mankind from Holy Terra, I swear it."

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptySun May 06, 2018 12:40 pm

Hydrako went second after Lucius, placing his larger terminator gauntlet over the bolter, while holding his chainaxe across his chest. He bowed his head and whispered The fury of my Chapter will spill the blood of the xenos, and I will feast upon their flesh when battle is done. May the Blood Tides rise to drown the unworthy and baptize the strong. I swear to raise the Tide. Somehow, the Guardsmen nearest the group heard his oath, despite the volume he spoke in, and some visibly jumped at the mention of a Blood Tide. Hydrako's head whipped up as he caught the eyes of those that had moved. Prey...
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyMon May 07, 2018 2:33 am

Makradon finished his final preparations and without anyone else chiming in, he added his own to the call.

"On the honor of my chapter, the Emperor of Mankind, and the Mechanicus, I swear."

Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyMon May 07, 2018 4:43 am

Bleda makes a short addition. His way was that of few words.

"By Chapter, Primarch and Him on Terra, I swear it."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyMon May 07, 2018 7:36 am

Most of the guard had slept in the chimera's, fully half were out in the black sea waiting for the full deployment before they set off. Donovan eyed Draco with wide eyed appreciation as he had the message broadcast to every single chimera and vox caster in the whole fleet.

Roughly 80,000 men had just heard the oath. You heard resounding cries of huraah! and that was only from the vicinity. Was it your imagination? did the whole hive just shake with the battle cries of those support staff left behind? the civies? the vagabonds? even the hive gangs?

He adds one last line, "Brentonians, Give em hell!" before clicking off the vox.
He turns to you again, "Im sure the men's spirits are the highest theyve been since we made planetfall. Im honored to serve alongside you."
He stands, in full battle regalia just as you, but more ostentatious.
"I trust you to take your targets. You will be able to move the men and give orders where your at, but I ask you let me know, to avoid confusion. I'll be at site 3 if you need me. Ave Imperator."

There was nothing left to be said, you head towards your waiting chimera's....

Vox check, Hydrako murmured as he walked towards Ambrose. They were the slowest, so they needed to take the port in the Chimeras. His hunger was growing, sharpening his senses and pushing his aggression levels upward. He approached the dreadnought in a fashion that was far louder than he would have liked, and spoke while his eyes scanned the mortals loading into their transports.We will end up being bastions these feeders gather around when the attack commences. They will fold under the weight of fire that meets us unless our armoured spear pierces the heart of the defense at the port. I will be with you when we land, and we will march in step to the sound of xenos death screams, Venerable One. His teeth began grinding again, self-sharpening for the coming battle. He reached up wiped his mouth, which was now bloody again from a new gash, leaving a smear of blood on his pale skin. Then he wiped his bloody gauntlet across the winged skull on his chest. Blood was now in the water, and more would follow. Much more...

The black sea churned  and broiled all around the fleet of chimera's moving through her. It was as if the industrial pollutant-sea was just as violent as what would lay ahead. You had your own chimera's, seperate from the guardsmen, though Khol had opted to ride with one of the "veteran" squads alongside Tally and her trusted command staff. Something akin to human chivalry spurned his decision on.

He noticed the high spirits they had set off with began to wither, replaced by a slowly creeping dread and the tossing and turning of the industrial waste. Men and women spilled stomach contents as they realized the first combat they ever faced would most likely be their last. From his vantage point alongside them, he got a faint reminder of what it meant to be a lowly human, just one servant among billions of others.

Last edited by Sylphilis on Wed May 09, 2018 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyMon May 07, 2018 4:33 pm

Cassiel adds his voice to the oath before it concludes as well. "A single star shines with light enough that it can be seen anywhere in the galaxy, and no amount of darkness can overcome it. I swear that this star shall not flicker or fade. I stand with the Imperial Guard and I will share their fate - Glory! By the sacred honor and duty of the Dark Angels and the throne on Terra do I so swear."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyMon May 07, 2018 4:43 pm

"Lucius Vorenus, squad vox check."

He clicked through every channel available to Draco, ensuring that communications were clear. He included the frequencies to the guardsmen operating with his team and those at the nearby landing sites. When all came back clear, he moved to check his brother's gear.

Albrecht, Seraphan, and Khol. He made sure their jump packs were cleared and in the green before moving on to securing weapons and ammo.

When they were gathered, he spoke to them as a typical brother-sergeant would, even though the lot of them were veterans. It was for the newcomers' sake. He and Seraphan went way back, after all.

"When we hit the cliffs, we can't sacrifice speed for caution. At the same time, it will be on us to clear any resistance burrowed into the cliffs themselves. Albrecht and Seraphan, your skills in close combat are unmatched here. I'm eager to see who has the higher sword kill tally by the end of the day, but my thrones are on the Blood Angel. Khol, that means it is on us to shoot true. Care to see whose bolter earns the most blood?"

He finished securing two steel clamps on the back of the Raptor's jump pack and moved to face him, a smile growing on his face.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 5:57 pm

The oily sea spat on the chimera's with waves of unfettered fury. The vox was aflame with chatter. Already, cohesion was beginning to break, forcing the different attack sites to switch to local channels so that they would.t cross commands between landing zones.

Site 1 (Port):

What you expected to be a calm ride suddenly got much rougher. The voxes lit up with reports of explosions among the chimera's just 100m out from the port. Ambrose, who had a freshly open-topped chimera had a much better view of the situation. Without warning, 3 chimera's ahead of you exploded within seconds of each other. The crews and squads jumped into the blackness of the pollutant lake in an effort to escape the sinking vehicle, but it was of little use - unless they were rescued soon, they couldn't swim far enough in the chop to make land, and the pollutants would undoubtedly kill them before they got there. He could see the source of the explosions, but someone else announced it before he had the chance.
"They've mined the water!" one of the chimera driver yelled.
Bobbing spore mines floated haplessly in the wavy blackness. They looked more like debris from a floating carcass, but on contact they reacted with minuscule amounts of combustibles in the polluted lake to cause a rapid exothermic reaction. Already the 3 chimera's were joined by another, the flaming sinking vessels sent pillars of smoke and fire high into the air.
The commanding officer, who's name you didnt bother too well to remember, issued the order: "Land at the first dock and proceed in on foot! We will have to take this area dock by dock."

By this point in time, you were in range to hear small arms fire. Hull mounted heavy bolters, multi-lasers and a few turret mounted autocannons opened up. Ambrose could see that a few of the more courageous platoon sergeants had opened the top hatches and were firing pintle-mounted stubbers at the floating spore mines.

The gunfire was not without its response. Etheric blasts of warp lightning flashed from a figure near the far end of the approaching docks, it was not well aimed at the range, however, and did not do much against the hulls of the chimeras (besides light a few trails of fire on the"water"). His enhanced view showed several large life forms toward the rear of the docks, headed towards your landing ports, while skittering ahead was an untold number of smaller gaunt-types.

Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 Latest?cb=20111012144456&path-prefix=dow

The first chimera was close enough to disembark onto the dock now, men had exited the top hatch and were jumping onto the rockrete jetty, while some braver souls jumped into the water to escape the chimera before it was struck by warp lightning. By his estimate, the water was 1.6-2.5m deep. What worried the ancient the most was that he would have to get directly into the water and climb up to get onto the structure or else proceed in the water.

Draco's chimera was next. The rear hatch opened, letting black water in so almost knee high (astartes knee). You would first have to exit the amphibious vessel and climb onto the jetty before you could return fire.
Ambrose's vessel landed on the west-most jetty, the one to the right of everyone else's. He would have to climb up the same as everyone else.

Cassiel brings himself fully on the dock to see a large group of hormagaunts rushing him, though they were still 75 meters out. Beyond that he saw some larger brutes with back mounted cannons as well as typical warrior broods. The dock was steel and rockrete, heavy duty for heavy loading and offloading. You wouldnt need worry about the structure's stability during the engagement.
Having clamored from the Chimera and taken a position on the dock, Cassiel allows his Heavy Bolter to begin chewing through the massed foe. Standing as he is in the open he has nothing to block his line of sight and the bolter reaps death. He would certainly provide some relief as he became the horde's primary target.

The warrior on the jetty to the left opened up with its deathspitter on the offloading guard. A hail of bio-organic rounds shreds into the cover they were in. A crate full of dry goods crumples under the barrage and dessicates the guardsmen using it for cover. His body corrodes rapidly, before the the body was rendered to acidic goo, he fell lifelessly into the inky blackness of the sea.
The sergeant could see the men cringe and falter, "Keep going or your next!" he orders, the stout reminder kicks them back into action.

The Zoanthrope hovered in the rear, towards some large quonset workshops. A field of psychedelic energies convalesce around it in a tye-dye pattern of yellows and blues. Its target: Ambrose's chimera, which he was still pulling up to the dock to let him off. A arcing blast of baleful energy commands across the battlefield over head, coming down into the side of the amphibious transport as it pulled up to the dock. Something deep inside the Chimera was set off. The vehicle explodes with no warning, the crew were rendered to charred husks before they had time to comprehend their doom. Inside the explosion, Ambrose remained unhurt, but he immediately sank. Something akin to relief graced his senses when he hit bottom, the pollutant sea only reaching to the bottom of the armored sarcophagus. Now, he would have to escape the wreckage AND climb the jetty.

A tyranid warrior, similar and somehow different from the others moves ahead and finds itself at the joining between the dock (the one draco was offloading on) and the land proper. (100m away)

The masses of hormagaunts rushed forward under the psychic dominion of the hive mind. At full speed they could give any fleet footed creature a run for its money. They end the withering run just 12 meters from the offloading chimeras.

One of the Pyrovores bounds forward in a loping, powerful gallop, ending 82m away on the 2nd dock (Draco's Pier)

Another squad begins to offload on the jetty to your left. They would have no time to fire though as long as the hormagaunts were within striking distance.

Bleda moves up the escape exit to join Cassiel on the dock, before he can make it to the top of the vehicle, the rung collapses, clearly not meant for this kind of weight. He tries o move up, only to find himself stuck and now hung up on some stowage in the vehicle.

The other pyrovore, not to be outdone by its genetic twin, bounds forward in a slow but powerful run, coming to 82 meters within the guard on the jetty to the left (against the guardsmen)

The last tyranid warrior saw the damage Cassiel had done, and was loathe to let more of these enhanced warriors to provide pinpoint fires. It fires at Cassiel and the offloading Draco. It even scores a hit, but the Lion was with Cassiel as the acid leech glanced painlessly off his battle helm. Cassiel couldnt help but smile, Lucius would have been hurt by such fire as he liked to go around without his sacred battle helm.

Makradon used the strength from his servo arm to make his way as close as possible through the murky waters towards Ambrose. It was absolute filth that he moved through, but the tech marine knew it was simply the sign of progress. Industry at its best. The going was tough, but soon enough, he finds himself upon Ambrose.
"Venerable, I will assist you in making landfall."
Makradon thinks he has what it takes. He is wrong.

The world began erupting as everything with range within the confines of the dock area opened up. Cassiel was out the back first, followed closely by Belda. The Librarian took to the ladder as soon as Cassiel was over the top, but he foundered and could not find a rung that would support him. It would be difficult for Hydrako too. Biding his time as the battle raged around him, Hydrako waited.
The feeding would begin soon enough for Hydrako.....

The living tank, the carnifex screamed a roar of challenge. Completely dominated by the hive mind, it had no choice but to barrel straight through cargo containers towards the biggest threat.....Draco. Should it make it to you, there would be a good fight on your hands.

Ambrose approaches the rockrete pier. it would be a daunting task to climb from this muck to the top, but Ambrose was up to the task.
Makradon made his way towards him, intent to help his bulk with the servo arm.
"Do not Concern yourself with me, little brother. I will handle this."
He starts to clamber up the sheer slope of the pier face. Rockrete falls in large chunks wherever his mechanical feet find purchase. Through sheer effort, his weight and bulk collapse enough of the pier to allow for a broken ramp.
"Harken yourselves greenskins! Death is upon you!" he bellows at the tyranids with a booming laugh.

Site 4 (Cliffs):

The vehicles suddenly bobbed violently. "Were under fire, I've lost drive systems." Someone announced over the vox. The Chimeras opened up with return fire, but something told you that they  were out ranged since the defenders had opened up first. After a few seconds another vehicle shouted  "Were sinking, someone get-" the line ended in a burst of static. There was little you could do at this point besides listen to the helpless cries of doomed guardsmen. Your command channel opens with the petty officer leading the assault, "Draco, Im showing your vehicle to be 75m from shore. Any chance you can charge from here and cause a distraction for us?"
Upon your confirmation, he blows the top hatch bolts, forcing the door to break off but giving you a clear shot at the sky. As expected, Lucius, Serephan and Albrect burst from the vehicle like missiles into the sky. Khol needed to decide wether he would remain with Tally's men or join his brothers in arms.

From your vantage point you see the stretch of coastline that was your target. It seemed dagon had the same idea for the high ground as you did. Several artillery species were braced and launching indiscriminate death into the ranks of Chimeras. They were protected by an assortment of chaff units. From your elevated point, you could see at least 1 exocrine, and 3 biovore types unleashing withering payloads into the assault force. So far 4 vehicles were ablaze and spouting death throes of fire and bilious smoke into the sky. You see similar columns of detritus in the far off distance from the adjacent landing sites. What stuck out to Lucius is that there were no visible synapse creatures, but there had to be somewhere. The cliffs were lined with expensive looking hab untis, damaged and destroyed from the recent occupation. They had to be in there somewhere if there were any milling about.

Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 Latest?cb=20140305164247

"Synapse creatures are spotting from the habs. Can't see them, but I know they're in there somewhere. If someone wants to assist, get on my six. But one way or another that bio-artillery needs to die."
Lucius broke off and headed for the luxury habs, hesh in one hand and the other ready to grab a krak or his chainsword in an instant.
He onlys only scant meters from the shore, but still in the sky.

The termagaunts fill the sky with a cloud of 1/3rd megter long spikes. Lucius knew from prior experiences that the rifles had better range and penetration over a fleshborer at the cost of reduced rate of fire. A cloud of spikes sail past you effortlessly. The aim of the xenos needed to be improved if they stood any chance at all. Yet more spike bounce ineffectively off the hulls of the chimeras.

"It's hard to imagine who's gonna win that, especially when we are entirely two different league's", Khol responded to Lucius, wondering if this is some type of ridiculous sarcasm or really to get under his skin on being the best marksman. He doesn't think about too hard. The novamarine did secured one of his many prized wargear. He finally notices the smile on Lucius' face & he expresses what looks like a quite uncomfortable smile back.
Even though Khol wanted to stay with the Guard as supporting leadership, majority of his skills are needed elsewhere. He takes a quick note of these particular guardsmen, wondering if they'll even survive this battle, before setting off after his brothers towards the hubs.
Albrecht wanted to go with Lucius, it was the Templars place and also a yearning to seek out and slay the mightiest of beasts. All for the glory of the Emperor. Lucius had it wrong though, Albrecht had seen Khol hunt, he'd be best suited to seek out the synapse creatures alone and then call the rest of us in once we'd dealt with the artillery, which they'd do quicker with three - he was surprised the Novamarine hadn't suggested it. "No." he snaps out over vox, there was no time for niceties "Brother Khol is best suited to hunt out the synapse and he'll work better alone. The three of us can then quickly deal with the artillery and then join him."
It was a good plan, but it hinged on one of the "untested" members of Draco. At least that was the case in Lucius' mind. It would also leave Khol without immediate support from the others if he got into trouble. Even still, the Templar was right; this was the better play. He cut back up on a course toward the cliff tops. "This is a better course of action. Good suggestion, Albrecht. Khol, we will be waiting for your word. Lucius out."

Albrecht didn't wait for a reply from his comms, his course was set and he hoped Lucius saw the sense in his suggestion. His jumppack roared into life, launching the templar from the Chimera towards the centre biovore. As he jetted towards the Tyranid line the loud hailers built into his power armour burst into a Black Templar hymn at maximum volume.
I kill the xeno
Spilling its blood across the land
Killing for the Emperor
Something I understand...

It was one of Albrechts favorites 'Holy Wars...The Punishment Due'

As you rocket out of your transports like missiles from submersibles on Armageddon, they keep their forward momentum. All the while high intensity beams of light stab out towards the termagaunts lining the edge of the cliffs. The aim of the chimeras was pretty impressive for a non-augmented human. Even the defensive walls the xenos had erected from regurgitated and manipulated biomatter couldnt hold off the high heat beams. They sear several holes in the wall and liquefy termagaunts while at the same time cauterizing the dead flesh. As they do this, hull mounted heavy bolters chug death with a throaty roar. Explosive rounts stitch the barricades and bodies in dirt and body parts.

Seraphan jets out of the Chimera, the wings on his jet pack making him like an actual Angel streaking towards the top of the cliffs and into the hail of organic projectiles fired from the xenos positioned there. With a curse Seraphan tries to weave his way through the hail but the barrage is too much and with a curse he breaks off dropping down towards the base of the cliffs and out of the firing lines of the tyranids.

As they move, 2 of the biovores launch explosive spores into the air. They arc high, high enough even that they are over draco's heads. The indirect rounds land harmlessly to the back and to the right of the lead chimera, almost right on top of each other, before floating back and hovering above the surface. They would now present dangerous hazards to the trailing chimeras.  While neither shot was very precise, they were extremely accurate, like a barrage from a whirlwind with laser targeting. You find this revelation....disturbing.

The last trailing chimera moves in, the gunner on the turret gritting his teeth as he hit the firing stud, only to hear a high pitched whine and the sound of gasses escaping coolant lines. "Fething shit" he voxes. The heavy bolter fared better, but the gunner was not ready for the chop, and only laced the side of the cliff face with mass reactive explosions.

The hulking exocrine's head scanned the skies at the incoming rockets. Left on its own, it would have ignored them but it was under the clear dominion of the hive mind. Muscles on its back contract and relax, changing the angle of fire. A large squealing hiss emanates as the fleshy barrel muzzles lights up with pinkish energies. At the sounds zenith, the bio-cannon fills your vicinity with scouring pink bolts of bio-plasma.
(Pinning test)

As the exocrine fires, the last biovore hurls its out living artillery in an overhead arc at the lead chimera. It makes splashdown  to the rear and left, but its aim was better than the others, hitting a full 3 meters closer.

Initiative:

PORT:
Squad 3 - 13 - 1 mag damage
Squad 2 -11
Cassiel - 10 - (Pinning test needed)
Tyranid Warrior 1-9 - 110 m away
Zoanthrope - 8 - 110 m away
Tyranid Prime - 8
Hormagaunts - 8 - 15 mag damage, 12m away
Pyrovre 1- 7 - 82m away
Squad 1 - 7
Bleda - 6 - stuck on chimera
Pyrovore 2-6
Tyranid Warrior 2-6
Makradon - 5
Hydrako - 5
Carnifex - 4
Ambrose - 2

CLIFFS:
Lucius - 13 - 3 m from shoreline
Termagaunts - 13 - 13 mag damage
Unknown 1 -11
Khol - 10 - 3m from shoreline - Pinned
Albrect - 9 - 3m from shoreline
Veterans 3 - 9 - 60m from shore
Serephan - 8 - 3m from shore - pinned
Veterans 1 - 8 - 60m from shore
Veterans 4 - 7
Biovore 1-7
Biovore 2 - 7
Unknown 2 - 7
Veterans 2 - 6 - ML jammed, 60m out
Exocrine - 6
Biovore 3 - 3

Last edited by Sylphilis on Tue May 22, 2018 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyFri May 18, 2018 1:41 am

ROUND 2

SITE 1 (Port)
The squad on your right finishes disembarking from the chimera. The soldiers fire the lasguns into the hormaguants as the heavy bolter team sets up their heavy weapon.
"Hurry up! They're right on us!" the sergeant orders at his men as he adds his laspistol to the beam weapon's fusillade.
As they finish, the chimera heads away from the port, firing from the side of the pier as it moves away. Easily, the most destructive weapon was the one that bathed the hormagaunts in flaming promethium jelly. The multi-laser on the top was no slouch either cauterizing grievous wounds even as it inflicts them.

While that chimera tries to move out, the other one moves in. Pulling up to the same jetty to reinforce the first squad. The top hatch blows and another squad begins clambering out taking up positions next to the first squad.

Cassiel knew the tactically adept move was to seek cover and let massed fire overwhelm the xenos, but the guard were not Astartes - they knew fear. Cassiel would become a symbol. He locked his knees and let the heavy bolter continue grinding out the staccato rhythm of death. The explosive shells splashed across the front ranks closest to the disembarking guard. They would get no closer. "Hydrako and Ambrose - advance!"

Cassiel's kill tally did not go unnoticed, one of the Tyranid warrior broods focused completely on him and fired a barrage of deathspitter maggots. The range was long and the clearance was just as wide. Aciding beetles combust close to Cassiel, but not close enough.

The zoathrope prepares itself for another mind blast. Bright colors flow out of nowhere and coalesce at its brain. Surprisingly, they sizzle out with out any visible effect happening. The zoanthrope's shrivled body just hovers there for a second, as if it needed a breather.

The tyranid warrior that was somehow different rushes forward, covering nearly half the distance to you in leaps and bounds.

The hormaguants charge was blunted by the efforts of Cassiel and the guardsmen. Their considerable speed was forced into climbing over the massing pile of dead. Still, it wasnt enough to keep them back indefinitely. They make it to Cassiel on your pier, and to the guardsmen on the next pier. Now it would be a grueling melee or else be kicked off the jetties entirely.

Behind the hormagaunts comes the slow and powerful gallop of the pyrovore. Soon, he would close the gap to where he could bring his destructive flamespurt cannon to bear on the guardsmen.

The next chimera was waiting to take its place and unload the men, but that did not keep them from taking a toll of their own. Multi-laser and Heavy bolter fire rake at the hormagaunts, throwing bodies and body parts into the black sea with wild abandon.

Cursing his own ineptness and glad the Templar is away, he climbs swiflty up the ladder and gets his force sword and hand flamer out, with a glance at the Tyranid horde coming down on them. Bleda climbs the ladder and as he reach the top, he sends a jet of flame from his hand flamer into a group of oncoming Tyranids. Their screams and the crackling of their bodies follow the hiss of the flamer.

The second pyrovore (on the 3rd pier) moves again at a slow pace towards draco. Its intent was purely to flame them off the pier and back into the blackness of the sea.

The first pyrovore's advance was brought up by cover fire from one of the warriors. It fires deathspitter maggots at the guardsmen. Good luck, or perhaps the favor of the God-Emperor, kept them safe as the acidi maggots explode around them.

Having had no success helping Ambrose up, Makradon makes sure to get up as quickly and efficiently as he can behind the massive hulking Dreadnought before moving up in support of it. He moved with purpose, knowing his brothers were already engaging the enemy. It was time he did so as well.

Now was his time. Like the predator his Chapter idolized, he was ready to burst from the depths and consume the unsuspecting xenos above. Almost ripping himself free of the confines of the Chimera, he climbed methodically up the ladder and onto the pier where the rest of his squad was already tearing into the hordes facing them. His storm bolter and chainaxe appeared in his hands ready to raise the tide.

The sudden appearance of Ambrose caused a sudden change in the horde tactics. The carnifex, who had been charging full speed towards draco, stopped and did an about face. He charged back away from darco, the way he had came. Once he makes it to where the pier met the shore, once there, it turns right and heads towards the next pier, where Makradon and Ambrose were.

Ambrose clambers up the impromptu ramp his claws had made. "Rejoice, brothers and sisters of the Imperium! The agony of the Orks has arrived!" When he reaches the top his weapons immediately unleash decades of pent up rage. His chassis turned as his assault cannon spooled up. The screaming staccato of such a high rate of fire was accented by tracer rounds that looked more like a line of las weaponry than the solid projectile they actually were. While the majority of his shots missed, he compensated and made sure the last found their mark. Its body and arm is riddled with assault cannon round. It jerks forward and its arm with the bio-cannon bends awkwardly. Without much effort, it straightens back out and narrows its cold, alien eyes at Ambrose.

SITE 4 (Cliffs)

"The artillery pieces are weak in close combat, but they're tough. If we can lock with them, they won't be able to fire on the guard. Albrecht, stay on me and let's take them out one by one. Seraphan, lock into combat with the other biovore to keep it from firing. We all take the Exorcine last."
He wagered that if he and Albrecht attacked one biovore, they could kill it quicker. Then triple team the other with Seraphan. While that left the Exorcine free to attack, it would have no support. They had to be fast and deadly.
Perfect.
The beast was immensely slow and lumbering. The grenade explodes, ripping flesh and shattering bone. The front arm, being used a s support strut, no longer could bear the strain of its weight and buckles, sending the beasts chest into the dirt.

The Termagaunt horde was like a living, breathing sea. The teaming masses moved and flowed like waves upon the ocean, not one single movement hindered another. Several break away and take on Lucius. He is easily surrounded, but the effects of their CQC were laughable against the veteran.
Others fire towards the troops falling from the sky. Most of the spikes pass by harmlessly. One however, lodges itself in Albrect's right leg, passing through muscle, bone and tendons with barbed protrusions. Once he landed, he would need to break the spike to regain full faculties again.
The majority of the mass fires at the oncoming Chimera's instead. Several hits are scored, but prove ineffective against the hull plating.

Lucius began to register something in the ruined buildings. He would not be able to hear it in this tumult, nor could he see it out of his peripheral. But he was certain a synapse creature was in there, somewhere. He was also sure that it was headed his way.

At the peak of the jump, Khol started to take some heavy fire. Which in turn, forcing him to land down below into some cover. Even yet, it still continued to rain xeno rounds all around him. "I'm pinned for the moment lads. I'm gonna stay here on the beach head for a sec.", he says through the grit if his teeth. The feeling of getting stuck bothered him greatly. Not being on the move reduces survival chances... & gravely reminds him the battles of Nerva...

Albrecht slams into ground, the hymn still blaring out...
"...Wage the war on the xeno
Frontal attacks, ripping their face
Behind the lines
Xeno live to destroy me
Either way they die, they die...
"
He ignored his helms HUD that told him he'd taken injuries on his decent, his armour pock marked by Tyranid hits. Looking in disgust and hatred at the prone biovore Albrecht immediately sets about butchering it.
His power weapon slices straight into the wound caused by Lucius. In an attempt to cleanly slice off the leg, Albrect fails as the weapon halts its momentum in the thick of the creature's bone. It is, however, severely wounded and losing foul xenos ichor rapidly.

The lead vet chimera, the one with Steggo's squad. The driver hits the gas and the chimera jerks forward, slowly veering towards the left, but still closer to the shore. Steggo was in the gunners turret, enjoying the lack of the crutch as his hits the defelade with multi-laser bursts. He notices the chimera's new trajectory threw his aim, as well as the chugging heavy bolters aim way off.
He smacks the hull with a hollow metallic 'BLAM'
"Watch what your doing in there!" he yells at the driver, though with all the diesely engine sounds, he would only be able to hear the slap on the hull.

Seraphan jets out of the Chimera, the wings on his jet pack making him like an actual Angel streaking towards the top of the cliffs and into the hail of organic projectiles fired from the xenos positioned there. With a curse Seraphan tries to weave his way through the hail but the barrage is too much and with a curse he breaks off dropping down towards the base of the cliffs and out of the firing lines of the tyranids.

The second Chimera also lurches forward in an attempt to make the shore. In the inky black water, the drive system slips a bearing and it veers towards the right, right where the first 2 spores splashed down. The turret gunner hardly has time to shout a warning before they explode in a rain of caustic and combustible slime. Dense corrosive acids eat away at the hull while the engine rumble in the diesel belly starts to emit a metallic knocking sound. "What happened?" Kareem asks the turret gunner.
"We hit that floating brain-thing, Theyre explosive!"
Kareem moves to the onboard vox system and warns the others.
---Dont hit those floating things.---
When he's done, the driver warns him, We got a problem, besides the damage, weve lost a rear drive rudder, we can turn, but it will be difficult."
Kareem leans forward and looks out the view window, "At least we pulled ahead, make your best speed."

The next chimera follows in the wake of Kareem's squad. The cunning driver knew that Kareem's chimera had cleared the dangerous obstacles and they would not need to worry about danger. He did have to cut the promethium flow and stopped short 2m of Kareem's chimera.
As this happens, the Heavy bolter laces the clifftop with small explosions, some kill gaunts and some dont. The Multi-laser fails to fire.
"Boss? something's broke up here!"
Otho turned back from his seat next to the driver, "Watch what your doing son." he warns the driver.
"Whats wrong?" he asks the turret gunner.
"This thing wont fire!"
"Fix it, the 442nd needs every gun working.

Lucius and Albrect's target stands back to its feet, dislodging Albrects weapon from its charred bone, exposed and dripping burnt ichor. With a slow and lumbering strike, it swings at Albrect. Its fist was he size of a fully armored astartes, and would cause considerable blunt force trauma if it could score a hit. In this case it was a no-go. With its considerable strength and resilience spent, it collapses at Albrect's feet. Now, it was just bio-fuel for the ripper swarms.

The next biovores muscles contract to account for the nearest vehicle. Its fleshy back cannon launches another spore mine high into the air with a sound similar to flatulence. The flesh pod misses to the back and left, well out of danger.

The rear chimera rumbles forward. That driver was able to accoun for the chop and keeps control of the vehcile, moving it forward with ease and avoiding the unblown spore mine. The gunner ducks down and looks at the wiring for the Multi-laser. "Im not sure whats wrong."
"Look for the burning wire!" Tally replies from deep inside the vehicle.
As they glide through the black sea, the hull mounted bolter does what it does best and keeps up the fire on the tyranids on the cliff side.

With her Chimera taking the front, it became the xenos' public enemy number 1. The exocrine adjusts his aim with more fleshy contractions. A nearby Biovore was taking severe damage and its impulse was to hose them down with bio-plasmic death, but the Hive mind calmed the exocrine's mind, assuring it that the problem was not a problem. With its mind dominated, it fires a single pulse of pink energy at Tally's Chimera. It hits without any problems, but only manages to blacken the front side.

The last biovore also changes its trajectory at Tally's chimera. It finally had its bearings, and adjusting for speed, fires an arcing spore mine at the chimera. It soars high into the air before falling down, right on top of the amphibious transport. Caustic acids bathe the vehcile and bubble through the ceramite and reinforcing alloys. It was sheer luck that the turret gunner had ducked below to fix the multi-laser; else wise, he would have been coated in liquid death.

PORT:
Squad 3 - 13 - 1 mag damage (HB braced) (3rd pier)
Squad 2 -11 - (3rd pier)
Cassiel - 10 - (2nd pier)
Tyranid Warrior 1-9 - 110 m away
Tyranid Prime - 8 - 58m away (2nd pier)
Hormagaunts - 8 - 45 mag damage, CC w/Draco, Squad 3/2 (2nd/3rd pier)
Pyrovre 1- 7 - 64m away
Squad 1 - 7 (3rd pier)
Bleda - 6 - CC hormagaunts (2nd pier)
Pyrovore 2-6 - 64 m away (2nd pier)
Tyranid Warrior 2 - 6 -110m away
Makradon - 5 (1st pier) - 5m in
Hydrako - 5  (2nd pier)
Carnifex - 4 (2nd pier)
Ambrose - 2 (1st pier)

CLIFFS:
Lucius - 13 - CC/Termagaunts
Termagaunts - 13 - 23 mag damage
Unknown 1 -11
Khol - 10 - 3m from shoreline - Pinned
Albrect - 9 - CC/Termagaunts
Veterans (Steggo)3 - 9 - 39m from shore, right
Serephan - 8 - 3m from shore - pinned
Veterans 1 (Kareem) - 8 - 49m from shore, 12 structural dmg, motive systems impaired, -3m move, left
Veterans 4 (Otho)- 7 - 47m from shore, left
Biovore 1-7 - Dead
Biovore 2 - 7
Unknown 2 - 7
Veterans 2 (Tally) - 6 - ML jammed, 35m out, 10 dmg
Exocrine - 6
Biovore 3 - 3

Last edited by Sylphilis on Thu May 24, 2018 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyThu May 24, 2018 12:56 am

ROUND 3

SITE 1 (Port)
The hormagaunts had made it, the guardsmen had no choice now but to fight it out. The sergeant doesn't hesitate, "Brentonnians, fix bayonets! Kill 'em!"
He raises his monosabre and slices down a gaunt as it makes its way too close. The men draw combat knives and attack bayonets with trembling hands before stabbing their way forward.
The sergeant voxes Cassiel on a more private channel. "M'lord, If we get pushed off of this platform, it hinders our future efforts until the ports are secure, how do we proceed?" The tremble in his voice was clear.

The offloading men behind them climbed out of the chimera and right into claws and teeth. It would be a fighting deployment now. They draw knives and fix their own bayonets as quickly as able before fighting for breathing space. Their knees were as jelly and their fortitude was all dried up.

Cassiel knew the tactically adept move was to seek cover and let massed fire overwhelm the xenos, but the guard were not Astartes - they knew fear. Cassiel would become a symbol. He locked his knees and let the heavy bolter continue grinding out thr staccato rhythm of death. The explosive shells splashed across the front ranks closest to the disembarking guard. They would get no closer. "Hydrako and Ambrose - advance!"

The large warrior brood stalked forward methodically. He fired his deathspitter as he goes. Like a choreographed event, the termagaunts split with just enough space for the burst to move through. More of the original squad was reduced to a casuistic slime, nothing but bio-goop on the pier.

The Zoanthrope stayed its position, it floated haplessly above the field. Again, colors swirl and merge at its head. With no visible effort, it lances an ecleptic bolt over the battlefield at the next chimera. It hits on the right side. The whole vehicle explodes violently, showering guardsmen, draco, and the gaunts with debris. As it exploded, there was a sharp his of static on the vox before silence.

Charging ahead under the bolt was the tyranid prime, still full tilt towards draco. Wounds reknit as he moves, seemingly uncaring for the dreadnought that had riddled him with a shower of lead. The sea of gaunts part to let the warrior through, though he had not made it to Draco just yet.

The hormagaunts that had not made way for the prime kept up a savage attack on you and your guardsment charges. Somehow, a flurry of tooth, claws, and sychting talons yielded only scratches and other minor injuries. The guardsmen sergeant who had asked Cassiel for advice could feel the hot stink of halitosis upon his face.

The pyrovore bearing down on the guardsmen kept his slow and methodical pace. It was not as agile as the prime, but its was more concentrated into a smaller, slower, but massively more brutal.

Pointing his force sword towards the Tyranid Prime it seems like an electric field sparkles around Bleda for a moment and then from the sword comes a crack of lightning as blue-white bolts shot out and strikes the Tyranid. When the eldrich storm clears, the prime was on a knee as menacing as ever. Its skin is black, smoking, pitted and its carapace is cracked in several places.

The other pyrovore loops forward on its strong and powerful legs. Even at its top speed, it couldn't even keep pace with a human runner.

Another of the warriors senses the damage done to the prime. The hive mind urged it to end this psychic threat. It fires a bust at Bleda. The horde sways and moves around the shots without any effort, so dominated were they by the hive mind. Still, the maggots missed the Storm Lords librarian.

Makradon climbed up next to Ambrose, surveying the carnage that was already happening all around. It was glorious as his brothers stemmed the tide of the xenos filth. His attention gets lost for a split second before he sees the filthy beast coming for the two of them.
"Ambrose, we have an approaching tyranid bioform that requires our...education."
The tech marine smiles, raising his bolter up. It spits out the Hellfire rounds in a quick burst, all of them traveling for their new home...embedded deep within the mass of the Carnifex. The living tank's leg takes a some rather gruesome hits, as well as a lucky round that hits it in the torso. It slows before dropping to its knees. While it was wounded, it didnt look the least bit winded.

Hydrako moves forward, eyeing the wounded Prime. He smelled foul alien blood and ichor from the rent creature's frame. He knew right away that he would not be able to cut the thing down just yet, he would soften it up with Stormbolter first. The drum-fed gun erupts with its impressive rate of fire - until it clicks repeatedly, empty. Somehow, the fusillade didn't seem to affect the creature at all. He smiled, exposing his filled teeth.
This was even better...

The carnifex stands. Pain was nothing to a mind so completely dominated by the hive mind. Even as it does so, Makradon and Ambrose can see the ruptured muscles in the leg bulge with regrowth. It plods forward, each step rocks the rockrete pier the same as Ambrose's....

The assault cannon rested for a moment as a larger target came into Ancient Ambrose's optical feeds. "BATTLE WAGON, INBOUND. Men and women of the guard, watch as the Emperor's Angels bring death to the weak tides crashing against them. For the Lion!" There was a bark that sounded like thunder and it was not the weapon. It takes a moment to realize that it is actually laughter.
The assault cannon spooled up once more. Casings poured from the side of the weapon as its singular staccato breaks through all other sounds.
A shower of high AP rounds rain on the Carnifex's body. Many it the same wounded leg, cuaseing its slow plod forward to a grinding halt.

Site 4 (Cliffs)
Lucius burned his jump pack, singing screaming lesser tyranids in his wake. Once in the air he took aim at the next before and fired, softening it up before the kill. If they could keep jumping from one to the next, they could take them out very quickly. But where was Seraphan?
"Be advised, we've attracted the attention of a synapse creature. Albrecht, we need to work fast. Seraphan, whatever is keeping you, drop it and double time it up here."
Precious hellfire rounds pierce the biovore's carapace with ease. The overhead barrage causes its arms and legs to buckle under the strain, laying it low.
As Lucius rises up, the hack, scratch and bite, causing something that felt like a distant memory of pain in Lucius' legs.

They were not done yet, however. More spikes from bio rifles lance out at Lucius. One lucky spike impales itself in his bionic arm just as the one in Albrect's ankle. Even more fire at the chimera's, but the spikes ping off the front sloped armor without any damage. While this happens, more threaten to drag Albrect down in sheer numbers, but they fail to do any damage to him.

Something draws your attention in a nearby ruin. The ground now shook as if something large was about to burst onto the scene....
And indeed it was.
A wall shatters in an explosion of ceramite and rockrete. Standing in its place was a tyranid warrior. Lucius recognized it as a prime variant. It had a wicked looking biocannon in two hands while the others held a lashwhip and bone sword.
With a shirek of challenge, it connects to the hive mind and attempts to spur on the termagaunts to frenzied acts of violence. The psychic aspect falls on deaf ears concerning the defenders, and the termagaunts were not whipped into a frenzy as the hive mind wanted.....

Khol had gathered his senses again. He hits his limited jets and flies up and over the cliff face. The scene  of draco carving their way through the xenos horde filled him with pride, but what really caught his eye was the tyranid prime that had just broken through walled ruins. The hunter mode kicked in, and he maneuvers his jets to a nearby floor above the beast. He would have a better angle of fire from here, but it would also expose him once he was prepared. Now the question was which weapon to use...

Lucius' orders were to attack the biovores together but the Albrecht could see that with some of his brothers pinned - curse their cowardice - , with serephan had yet to get to his target. There were no words as to how disappointed Albrecht was with Khol. He had almost demanded that Khol find the Synapse on his own... gah!
With a casual dismissal of the Termagaunts presence Albrechts burns his jumppack towards the biovore not yet engaged, his blessed power axe humming in a vicious attack at its body.
The axe buries itself deep in the body, tearing shredding and atomizing muscle tissue and bone.

Steggo ordered the chimera forward at a much slower-but still fast-pace. Out of the Coppola, he had seen Kareem's mad dash end in disaster.
He fired another round of multi-laser at the hilltop as the heavy bolter did the same.
He felt satisfied that vengeance would come upon the xenos for what had happened at Tyralos.
"For the dead! Onwards!" he commands.

Seraphan is already kicking back off as he touches the shore line burning up to the top of the cliff and barrels towards the exocrine power sword blazing in his hand
"You know me Lucius, I like to make an entrance"

"Get us to shore, ASAP!" Kareem shouts to his driver.
"We're limping boss. Im going as fast as she will."
He grunts, annoyed at the damage inflicted on his vehicle.
The chimera still pumps out its blistering fire, but this time it only blisters the cliff face.

"Sir? Shall i keep pace?" the driver asks Otho. Otho, in the driver's Coppola keeps up the multi-las fire, replying "yeah, do it." as he does so. The chimera rumbles ahead, the waves keeping it on its leftist course. It ends its move behind Kareem again, but trailing further this time.

The biovore lazily stands to its full height again. It towered over Lucius and had a strength advantage. It swings a large arm at Lucius trying to take advantage of that strength. Fortunately, for Lucius, his advantage here was speed and a more diminutive size.

It was then that something happened. Something....other threatened to steal your aim. Your eyes dim and your wrists falter, but it was something you felt that you could fight against. Lucius resists the effects, as well does Albrect (Need Khol and Serephan wp test)

Tally's driver ties to keep the forward momentum going, but the chop held him back. She was also in no rush to beat Kareem, but the relative safety of the cliff would also bring the opportunity to strike back directly.
"Got it!" the gunner announces as he spots the burned wires that halted the gunning, he began rewireing them. The heavy bulter did little more than rip chunk of stone and dirt from the rock face.

The exocrine's natural impulse to crush Serephan under a mountain of first was quashed by the sheer domination of the hive mind. It backs up, heedless of Serephan's deadly blade. Serephan's blade slices cleanly into its arm, causing its withdrawal to stagger. Its orders were temporarily forgotten in the sudden influx of pain. It roars in agony so loudly that Serephan's armor has to compensate for the sudden decibel increase. His whole body rattles with vibration.

Albrect's target  was also forced to see the true danger of letting the vehicles land. These demons among them were mere distractions. It moves back from Albrect in an effort to bear down on the encroaching metal beasts. Albrect's axe slices it as it backs off, but pain was nothing - the beasts only desire was to fire a spore mine and obliterate the most wounded steel beast. A fleshy, flatulent noise erupts from its back mounted bio-cannon as a spore mine is ejected from it.
It arcs through the air, almost gracefully, before colliding with the top of Kareem's vessel. A shower of acidic ooze rains upon it, eating away at the hull. In several places the armored plating is completely worn through, the gunner in the coppola drops deeper into the vehicle, screaming as the fluids churn his body into nutrient rich goo. Something in the newly abandoned gunners pit sizzles and sparks violently, threatening to start a fire.

PORT:
Squad 3 - 13 - 4 mag damage(3rd pier), half actions only, -20 all tests
Squad 2 -11 - (3rd pier), half actions only, -20 all tests
Cassiel - 10 - (2nd pier)
Tyranid Warrior 1-9 - 104 m away
Tyranid Prime - 8 - 16m away (2nd pier) - 48 wounds
Hormagaunts - 8 - 52 mag damage, CC w/Draco, Squad 3/2 (2nd/3rd pier)
Pyrovre 1- 7 - 46m away (3rd pier)
Squad 1 - 7 (3rd pier) - DEAD
Bleda - 6 - CC hormagaunts (2nd pier)
Pyrovore 2-6 - 64 m away (2nd pier)
Tyranid Warrior 2 - 6 -110m away
Hydrako - 5  (2nd pier)
Carnifex - 4 (2nd pier) - 72m away, stunned, 10 agi damage, 1/2 move x 2 rounds, 17 damage
Ambrose - 2 (1st pier)

CLIFFS:
Lucius - 13 - Airbourne
Termagaunts - 13 - 26 mag damage
Tyranid Prime 1 -11 - 50m away from ridgeline
Khol - 10 - in ruins above Prime, Paroxysm, -10BS/WS
Albrect - 9 -
Veterans (Steggo)3 - 9 - 9m from shore, right
Serephan - 8 -
Veterans 1 (Kareem) - 8 - 26m from shore, 30 structural dmg, motive systems impaired, -3m move, left, ML jammed, 1 mag damage
Veterans 4 (Otho)- 7 - 31m from shore, left
Biovore 1-7 - Dead
Biovore 2 - 7 - 30 wounds,
Unknown 2 - 7
Veterans 2 (Tally) - 6 - ML jammed, 20m out, 10 dmg
Exocrine - 6 - 11 Damage - 2 fatigue
Biovore 3 - 3 - 34 wounds

Last edited by Sylphilis on Wed May 30, 2018 2:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyWed May 30, 2018 2:43 am

Round 4

Site 1 (Port):

The sergeant slices more down, his desperation driving him to a picture of a heroic stand, with no retreat possible. "Kill em! No quarter!" he demands. The men take heed from his example and drive bayonets and knives into the hormagaunts threatening to overwhelm them and drive them into the black death of the sea.

Fully disembarked, the next squad adds their weight to the first squad's. The stab fourth with ancient tactics. Keeping the hormagaunts at arms length was the only agenda for the moment. That was what would cause them survival.
Cassiel's steady rhythm of bolter fire was disrupted as the wave of hormagaunts swarmed down the pier he was on. His fire had been focused on maintaining the beachhead where the guard was disembarking so he was suddenly thrust into melee. It was less than ideal. The tyrannids were best defeated with concentrated fire from heavy ordnance, and that was what devestator marines were best at. Still, the guard were in hand-to-hand combat as well. Cassiel would continue to provide an example. He didn't know fear, he just focused on the minutia of combat. Ducking under a scything talon here and pulling his head back from a snapping jaw there. He pulled one of the frag grenades from the combat webbing and tossed it into the vast horde.

The warrior who had taken a few steps earlier, now was compelled to add its weight to the increasing numbers bearing down. It covered roughly 1/4 the distance from its starting location to Draco and the mess affecting you. Once it got there, its combat prowess would make things that much harder.

The zoanthrope had aready destroyed 2 chimera's and was responsible for a dozen kills already. Now its focus was squarely on the carnifex like sarcophagus that was wreaking havoc with its own living tank. Once more, colors, real and unreal swirl on coalesce around the withered body and massive head of the zoanthrope. A lance of etheric energy charges fourth and right at Ambrose (Dodge?)

Wounds reknit and sew together on the wounded Prime. The beast sees Hydrako step forward in challenge. Hydrako was the biggest thing on this pier, and  millennia of absorption of countless races told it that since he was the biggest, he was the one in charge on this landing. Bareing its needle-teeth, it charges the terminator, weapons held high.
The lash whip wraps itself around Hydrako's leg in an attempt to bind him. His leg was wrapped by the living, writhing tentacle-whip, in snakes its was up his leg and behind his back, holding him in place. When this is done, tbe deadly bonesword swipes at his head, attempting to lop it off. Lucky for Hydrako, the terminator armor's force fields were in place and active.

The rapid homragaunts attacked with renewed fury. Their prime targets? The stalwart Cassiel and the helpless Hydrako.
Scything talons stab and slash with reckless abandon, and several hit pass Cassiel's defenses (Need reaction). Hydrako, who was completely unable to react with the lashwhip holding him down, had to rely again on his force field to protect him. Time and time again, it repels the attacks. He would need to remind a techpriest to bless and thank the machine spirit for doing its work efficiently.

The pyrovore keeps up its steady pace...that is, until it stops dead in its tracks. Roughly 30 meters out, it looked like the hulking brute was finally ready to use the flamespurt cannon on its back.

Once more there's a energy that looks like electricity that sparks around Bleda before jumping to his sword; and with another crack of lightning the same bolts flies to strike the pyrovore. It arcs from Bleda, hitting Cassiel, haydrako, and even the guardsmen's weapons on the next pier over.
Makradon's armor shuts down unexpectedly, as does Cassiel's and Bleda's. Nothing works, not the vox, the HUD, any autosenses....anything. Hydrako's armor sparks out from between the armor joints, and the crux on his left pauldron glows red-hot, but he remains unaffected. Ambrose, however, shuts down completely. His frame simply slumps and the whine of its engines turn down completely. Inside his sarcophagus, it was like being buried alive as he can do nothing bu t feel the acinic amniotic fluids he was encased in. Suddenly, he did not feel like a big and powerful insturment of war, but a shrivled and useless bag of meat. Breathing tubes down his throat prevented him from screaming out, and eye feeds hook in directly where his eyes used to be. For all intents and purposes, he was deaf, dumb and blind.....
Bleda could see that his bad luck was not without its benefits, the pyrovore's carapace had a nasty looking scorch mark where he had hit it.

In retaliation, the pryovore continues its slow and methodical plod forward, finally coming to a halt. It was now as far from you as the other one was away from the guardsman. It bends its legs and arms slightly, preparing to hose you down with its flames.

The other warrior commits to the fight as well, abandoning its ranged tactics for close combat prowess. It ends further away than the other one, but much closer than it was.

Makradon felt the disturbance. He knew that things were going to be a little tougher for the next few moments for almost everyone. His power armor wasn't acting right. It was dead. Despite this he pushes on, trudging up quickly next to Ambrose's autocannon.
If the armor wasn't working, then his autocannon probably had jammed up.
Makradon goes to work efficiently, speaking the words of the machine cult under his breath to try and placate them for what had happened. The Machine God would not be pleased with this affront. He'd need words with the psyker after this. His armor refused to cooperate, the machine spirit had been knocked into a state of confusion. The restart process would take little more than a second, but enough for things to get so much worse. The effect would be much worse for Ambrose, who now had no way to see, hear or feel anything.

Hydrako hardly felt anything, besides his wardings beginning to heat up. In any case, he only had one job right now. He pulled the lashwhip from around himself, forcing it off easily. He counters with a lunging chainaxe.
His attack was ill timed and ill placed, missing the beast by a good 20cm or so.
Maybe his armor was affected by the strange lightning after all?

The carnifex shakes, almost like a vibrating stillness. Had any of you been closer, you would notice the muscle regrowth in the legs. Indeed, it was getting stronger, and soon would be able to operate at normal efficiency.

Ambrose was soon to re-engage when he felt the dread psychic power wash over him like a cloud. "Kill the weird boy! It has corrupted m-m-my my sys-my systemsss...."
The iron death machine slumped forward slightly, completely powered down.
What Ambrose couldn't know-couldn't remember- is that deep inside an armored sarcophagus, no one could hear him declare death to the "wierdboy".

Site 4 (Cliffs):
Lucius hardly registered the weak attacks by the gaunts and the barbs that pierced his arm. He would deal with that later. Right now, the veteran squads landing was all that was important. That, and the synapse creature controlling the rest and attempting to pierce into his own psyche. He clicked back an affirmative to Seraphan. He had made quite an entrance after all.
"Khol, engage the synapse creature from distance if you can. We need to act fast." The Novamarine burned off toward the wounded Biovore, his chainsword screaming as he closed distance. Just before he reached it he cut his engines, letting momentum carry his heavy frame just above the fallen tyranid.
Somehow, in a rare example of finesse, the Biovore moves its considerable bulk to just avoid the blow...It was something near unheard of in Lucius' experience.

The termagants attack again, charging Lucius, Albrect, and Serephan in an effort to protect the more important artillery broods. Lucius was attacked the harshest, the hive mind had seen just what a tyranid veteran was capable of (need you special parry roll). This focus on Luciuscaused the attacks against Albrect to be lighter, while Serephan suffered a lucky bite to his arm. He felt the guant's jaws crush down on his arm like a vice. He swings his arm to and from, trying to dislodge the foul creature. Finally, he wrenches his arm free. A flurry of spikes fly towards Khol, weather they could tell his position or not, all the result was was spikes jutting from the ruined building.

The warrior prime saw Khol land on the floor above, he couldn't see him from this angle, but he made an attack anyway. The lashwhip arcs out onto his landing like a living tentacle, for indeed thats what it was.
The writhing appendage wraps around him, daring a stiffled grunt from Khol. Several times the whip wraps the leg, preventing his movement.
As it makde its attack, the Exocrine seemed to 'suffer' from a sudden joly, making a second attack at Kareem's wounded chimera. The bio-plasmic blast missed, causing a black pillar of smoke to rise from the black, burbbleing explosion.

Khol reacts by trying to weasel his way from the writhing vine-like appendage. The more he struggles, the more they constrict.
's not gonna be easy he thinks as his hands struggle to free the encroaching bio-vines.

Albrecht cursed the biovore as it stomped out of the range of his axe and the termagaunts closed in. He could perhaps get to the large xeno but he saw an opportunity to also bring death on those that surrounded him. In a well practiced motion he slams his axe to a mag lock and brings his hellfire flamer up, the trigger depressed as he brings the nozzle clear of his position. Termagaunts and Biovore are drenched in flame, the special formula of the prometha designed to burn through their flesh with particular fury.
As the xeno burn a new hymn blares forth...
Unleash all my burning wrath
Xeno killing machine
Burn all who block my path
Hark the Emperors light, born of fire...

The biovore manages a stiffled shuffle and avoids the flames, but only just. In its wake, Albrect can hear the squeal-scream of dying termagaunts.

Steggo's men await either a sudden of violent death, or the sudden bump of landfall.
Their patience was well rewarded.
The chimera bobs onto land, it now had ample protection from the exocrine. Only the term, against at the cliff's edge could fire at them now, and the biovore could still try and hit them, but it would not be able to see them hen it did.
By the same token, they could not fire back. The cliff wall was too steep to bring the guns to bear.
"OUT OUT OUT!" Steggo orders. The rear door opens and the men leave the vehicle in a rush. Steggo follows with a hotshot las in one hand and a single crutch in the other. They were still in ankle deep black much, but the fresh air felt good. Too the base!" he orders and they begin to move out.

Serephan IC

The wounded chimera limped, spouting smoke like an ancient coal engine. She was beaten and battered, but not broken. inside, the men and women grow quiet and they knew they were about to hit real combat for the first time.
"Steady men" Karrem tries to calm their nerves "Get up the ridge and pick your targets. Remember, we have angels of death with us. They will protect your mortal coils, and should you die at their side, you can guarantee a spot by the Emperor's side."

"Do it now!" Otho shouts to the driver. Again the chimera lurches forward, passing the wounded one with just a few inches to spare. Suddenly, they hit the solid ground. Inside, the men shout and whoop cries of relief.
The multi-laser spits out cauterizing pain, but the shots go high, firing uselessly into the air. The heavy bolter does better though, killing a dozen at least, with mass reactives and precise fury. Once to the shore, the rear door begins to open and the men crowd around it.

With the chimera's reaching shore, the need to have the biovore risk more damage to fire was now gone. The yoke of the hive mind lessens on Lucius' target, it will attack on pure instinct alone. It swings at Lucius with a giant, clubbed fist. It passes over his head, but the wind makes the back banner flutter just a bit more than it already was.

Something came over the gaunts again, with another burst of aggression, the throw themselves at you. Lucius and Albrect are beset by serrated claw and tooth that fail to do anything beside scratch paint from your hallowed armor. One attack Serephan gets a lucky claw between an armor panel. in retaliation, he slices it down with his weapon.

"Punch it!" Tally shouts to the driver from the cabin. Her cautiousness had evaporated with the proximity of the shore. She was rewarded with the thump of land. Cries of joy echo inside, but she was not so optimistic. "Now is that hard part." she reminds them, "For Brentonia!"
the rear doors begin to open. She bites her lip and tries to push back the flood of fear that threatened to overwhelm her.

PORT:
Squad 3 - 13 - 8 mag damage(3rd pier), half actions only, -20 all tests, jammed
Squad 2 -11 - (3rd pier), half actions only, -20 all tests, jammed
Cassiel - 10 - (2nd pier), jammed
Tyranid Warrior 1-9 - 68 m away
Tyranid Prime - 8 - 5m away (2nd pier) - 46 wounds, CC/Hydrako
Hormagaunts - 8 - 65 mag damage, CC w/Draco, Squad 3/2 (2nd/3rd pier)
Pyrovre 1- 7 - 28m away (3rd pier)
Bleda - 6 - CC hormagaunts (2nd pier), jammed
Pyrovore 2-6 - 28 m away (2nd pier) - 34 wounds
Tyranid Warrior 2 - 6 -74m away
Makradon - 5 (1st pier) - 5m in, jammed
Hydrako - 5  (2nd pier) - 5m in CC/Prime, ensnared, jammed
Carnifex - 4 (2nd pier) - 72m away, stunned, 5 agi damage, 1/2 move x 1 rounds, 17 damage
Ambrose - 2 (1st pier) -

CLIFFS:
Lucius - 13 - CC/Biovore 2/Gaunts
Termagaunts - 13 - 39 mag damage
Albrect - 9 - CC/Gaunts
Veterans (Steggo)3 - 9 - On shore, right side
Serephan - 8 - CC/gaunts
Veterans 1 (Kareem) - 8 - 2m from shore, 30 structural dmg, motive systems impaired, -3m move, left, ML jammed, 1 mag damage
Veterans 4 (Otho)- 7 - On shore, left
Biovore 1-7 - Dead
Biovore 2 - 7 - 30 wounds,
Unknown 2 - 7
Veterans 2 (Tally) - 6 - @Shore
Exocrine - 6 - 16 Damage - 2 fatigue
Biovore 3 - 3 - 34 wounds
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 11:26 am

Round 5

Site 1 (Port):

"Dont stop! Dont stop! Dont stop!" the sergeant urges on desperately. His men react, stabbing hormagaunts down with bayonetted lasguns like spears. Once on the pikes, they turn their wrists and guide the squirming gaunts into the corrosive black phlegm and let the pollutants seep into the wounds, making light word. It did matter how many they killed though, there were always more to take their place.

The second squad that had made landfall attempted the same tactic. The sergeant stays silent, too busy hacking into a hormagaunt that was already dead "Die die die!" was all he had said.
Without the discipline of the sergeant, the men falter and the phalanx of bayonets was unsuccessful.

Cassiel's armor locked up. He found that he couldn't move. All he wanted to do was reach for a measly frag and it at the filthy hormagaunts. As such, even the most basic of actions were difficult.

The warrior keep charging forward. It would smash into Draco soon, and like a rhino APC when it did. It may do well to immobilize it, or at least take some steam out of its tank.
It was only too bad that you have som much else to worry about....

The zoanthrope sits still, and for a moment it seems to pause, thinking Ambrose incapacitated. It turns its gaze towards the only warrior who didnt seem to have any trouble, Hydrako. Without warning, the prime's lashwhip strikes out again. The tendril wraps around the Carcharodon and elicits something odd.
Was it a faint memory? but of what?....Pain?
Whatever the feeling was, Hydrako's mind raced with the options before him. The lashwhip had bypassed his terminator armor's inherent durability, it was an affront, and he only need escape from its grasp to rip it to shreds.

He wouldnt get the chance right away. The prime loomed over him like a spider over an ant. It raised its bone sword and brings it down on his left pauldron, clashing with the ceramite in a shower of sparks. It repeats the attack, again and again, and again yet. Now, Hydrako recalled pain vividly, and not just the physical pain, something in the tyranid prime's blows also attacked his psyche. He had a headache and blood dribbled from the corners of his mouth. (Need an opposed WP test)

As this happens, the flow of the hormagaunt horde changes, they simply abandon the attack and run away, to past the prime. It was a perfect time to strike back, if Cass and Bleda could get their armor to cooperate. In their wake was hundreds of dead gaunt bodies on both piers. The 2 squads of guardsmen tried to take out a few s they withdrew, but the maneuver was so sudden and well executed that they had no efficient reactions. The 1st sergeant didnt hesitate, "Prepare to fire! Get the bolter back up and running!"

It was too late, the pyrovore was already ready. A gout of fire erupts like a volcano from the cannon on its back. Up and over in a liquid arc of fire, and right into the guardsmen squads. The first squad to make landfall fought valiantly, tooth and nail, but the survivors were immolated where they stood. The pier was coated in flammable jelly. The second squad about it took cover behind a few of the crates, even as they burned. Others weren't so lucky.
The devastation was a near total wipeout. It left the end of the jetty a flaming mass.

Bleda tries to get his hand flamer ready but in the stress he fumbles around with his weapon can't connect properly with the machine spirit.
As this happens, everyone's armor suddenly reinitializes, the Hud blinks in and does its start up cycle. Lines upon lines of machine code scroll against the colored backdrop, after a few seconds, it turns its normal hue and the HUD returns to normal. Your artificial joints suddenly loosen up. It was a relief to say the least.

It was too late, the Pyrovore was already in position. It was wounded, but all it needed was one. Good. Shot, and thats what it had spent this time doing. The flamesput cannon copies its erstwhile bretheren and spits a gout of flame that covers the entire jetty end in liquid flame. Cassie;, Bleda, Hydrako, and even the tyranid prime are coated in a sheet of fire. The crates and boxes scattered about the area quickly burn down into nothing.
As if taunting you, the flamespurt cannon releases a belching sound, accompanied by a bit of fiery expulsion.

The second tyranid warrior continues to rush forward, ready to take the Tyranid Prime's place.
The Machine God had at least forgiven him partly for letting the autocannon be unjammed, but as Makradon begins to work on his own weapon, he sees that perhaps he is wrong. The mechanism within that had been disturbed by the Librarian wasn't going to give in for now.
Makradon looks up to make sure Ambrose is doing fine and to keep pace with his tank-like form.

The lashwhip had ensnared him again, and Hydrako could feel his ire rise. So far he had been powerless to do anything to the xenos looming above him. He took solace in the thought that were it not for his hallowed terminator armour, he would have been cut to pieces by flurry of blows that assailed him. each blow that rained down on him hurt him more than just physically. He could feel it in his soul somehow. Blood ran from the corners of his mouth, but when there was a pause in the attack he bared his teeth and struck back. With a contemptuous ease he tore himself free from the lashwhip, which dragged the beast slightly off balance, causing it to lurch closer. The engine of his chainaxe roared, and suddenly his blade arm was blur of motion. The only indication that it was striking the Prime came from the screams of the warrior as rents were carved in its hide. Bone, chitin, and ichor sprayed with each stroked, and Hydrako felt something akin to pleasure. Pleasure in the test. Pleasure in the carnage. And most of all, pleasure in the destruction of his foe. When Hydrako's arm stopped swinging the beast lay at his feet, sundered. If he felt anything else, it was regret that there would be no time to take a trophy from this new breed. Perhaps there would be another of its ilk he could collect later.

Seemingly over its wounds, the carnifex builds up to a running speed again. It was eager to take the heatoff the zoanthrope, or at least willed too by the hive mind. Even in an instinct based situation, it would probobly do the same.

The dreadnought chassis rose to full height with a roar of powerful engines. With power fed back to his vox, he roused a mighty howl from within. "THE INSECTOID ORKS WILL DIE. WEIRD BOY, FEEL THE EMPEROR'S MIGHTY HAMMER, YOU SON OF A NURGLING B-" the assault cannon drowned out his curse as a beam of tracer rounds stitched their way toward the zoanthrope.
Many of the rounds simply end in specks of mini sparks as the zoanthrope's warp field rscatteres the round's atomic sturcture into motes of nothing. One good, solid hit, manages to bypass the defenses and shred through the being's body. Xenos blood oozes easily from the gaping wound.

You vox erupts with announcments, "The middle landings are coated in fire, split up and hit the outdside ones!"
Looking back, you see the next wave of guardsmen. Two Chimera's split up, one headed for the same landing Ambrose and Makradon were on, the other one headed to the one on the opposite side. The benefit was that the 4th landing had no enemies upon it......yet.

Site 4 (Cliffs)

Lucius wasted little time after the unheard of agility displayed by the biovore. He swung back around, letting adamantine teeth and the Beast of Thule's ultra hardened teeth rip muscle and bone alike. The biovore was down, but not yet dead.
No matter. The Exorcine needed to die and then they needed to move on the Warrior Prime. The termagaunts meant nothing.
"Put down the exorcine as quickly as we can. The Warrior Prime is the true target. We break that, we break the horde!"

The termagaunts attack you with reckless abandon. This time, not a single crucial hit is scored against you. You feel the press of their numbers though......with the fortified cliff, even the superb guardsmen fire had barely made a dent in the vast numbers of the horde. You would have to do something about them soon.

Khol attempts freeing himself from the appendage. So far he has learned something new about this xenos at every encounter. While in the thought, he notices that he sliding towards the edge. He tries to muster every muscle fiber to break himself free, but it was pointless. Being pulled over, as he looked at the dark grayish sky, a thought came to be as clear as day if anyone was able to witness Khol. "FUBAR!!!"

Albrecht curses as the biovore lumbered out of his flamers breath. What was he doing, he was allowing the xeno time to fire its damned weapons, he should have trusted in his axe. Wading through the Termagaunts ignoring their ire he brings his axe down in an unforgiving strike on one of the biovores appendages.

Steggo and his squad exit the chimera on the right side of the beach. "Move Move Move!" the gruff veteran runs as fast as he can, crutch in one hand and a laspistol in the other. They make it to the base of the cliff and he looks up. It was a 15 meter climb, but they were more than prepared.
"Grapnels! Forward!"
3 of his troopers move forward with clunky grapnel guns. They aim up and fire. The hooks fly into the sky and over the tyranid's fleshy cover. They hook into the wall with barbed tips, and have a little give as weight is applied.
They then prepare to climb....

Serephan IC

the last chimera to make it upon shore did so sluggishly. Kareem had his hand on the exit button, ready to get out of the death trap before it exploded. They exit into ankle-deep much and rush headlong towards the relative safety at the base of the cliff. They were on the far left of the coast, but it would give them a better flanking position if they made it to the top.
"Sarge?" one of his men asked, "Should we call for reinforcements?"
"Reinforcements!?" he says, spitting a luggi, "We are the reinforcements!"

Otho's group exits the chimeras and move out at full speed. They were hauling so fast they nearly crashed into the cliff face.
"Grapnels, now!" he orders. His men with grapnels aim high and, like Steggo's squad, they fire and hit the targets with effectual grace.

The surviving Biovore could do little more that try to regain its wits. The sense had been knocked out of it by Lucius, and now it had to rapidly jolt its synapses back into a coherent nueral pathway.
The Hivemind was there to help. Taking minute control, it helped the dumbfounding hit's effects diminish. But that was about all the large beast could do.

Tally, much more cautious than her veteran sergeant survivors, moves towards the wall in a low crouch. Unlike the others, they were quiet, making it to the wall just as Otho's men to the far right fired their grapnels.
She was no fool, she had seen what hidden predators could do to a whole squad. She had ordered them to maintain silence as long as possible, that way they would remain hidden longer.
She motions for the men to bring up her own grapnel guns.

The exocrine was out of prime targets for its bio-cannon. Instead of firing it, it swings clumsily at Serephan.
The attack was so poorly executed that Serephan didn't even have to try and avoid it. It does hit a knee high bit of bricked wall that was still standing. Even with such an awkward and stupid swing, the force behind it was palpable as it crushed the bricks into dust as if they were made of loose dirt. It would not do well to get hit by that.

PORT:
Squad 3 - 13 - DEAD
Squad 2 -11 - (3rd pier), half actions only, -20 all tests, jammed, 5 mag damage
Cassiel - 10 - (2nd pier), jammed - Fire
Chimera 4 -9 - Headed towards 4th pier.
Tyranid Warrior 1-9 - 32 m away
Zoanthrope - 8 - 110 m away - 22 wounds
Tyranid Prime - 8 - DEAD
Hormagaunts - 8 - 65 mag damage, 20m away (2nd/3rd pier)
Pyrovre 1- 7 - 28m away (3rd pier)
Bleda - 6 - (2nd pier), jammed - Fire
Pyrovore 2-6 - 28 m away (2nd pier) - 34 wounds
Tyranid Warrior 2 - 6 -38m away
Hydrako - 5  (2nd pier) - 5m in, Fire
Chimera 5 - 5 - Headed towards 1st pier
Carnifex - 4 (2nd pier) - 57m away, 22 damage
Ambrose - 2 (1st pier) -

CLIFFS:
Lucius - 13 - CC/Biovore 2/Gaunts
Termagaunts - 13 - 25 mag damage
Albrect - 9 - CC/Exocrine
Veterans (Steggo)3 - 9 - Shore, Right Side
Serephan - 8 - CC/gaunts
Veterans 1 (Kareem) - 8 - 1 mag damage
Biovore 1-7 - DEAD
Biovore 2 - 7 - 0 wounds, 3 crit,
Unknown 2 - 7
Biovore 3 - 3 - DEAD
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2018 12:37 pm

Round 6

SITE 1 (Port):

From the mass flames and smoke, Half of the remaining squad crawls out. Coughing and hacking, they see that they are left alone, the homargaunts having flawlessly moved back to avoid their own flame attack. The sergeant was no where to be seen, but it wouldn't matter. This particular sqaud's actions ceased to be an invasion, and became a matter of survival. Two men drag a damage heavy bolter from the burning flames and begin to set it up, the others cover it by shooting it with whatever las weapons they could still muster.

Standing in flame, Cassiel knew that he was drawing the eyes of the few surviving guard units, and it wouldn't inspire confidence. As his armor roars back to life, he hefts the bolter ten meters into the air. As it flies upward he uses his free hands to quell the flames. By the time it lands back in his hands his hypno-training is ready. In a fluid action he clears the jam, spitting out unfired bolter casings. With another deft movement he returns the weapon to his shoulder pauldron, ready to fire. "Do not forget - your Emperor's gaze is upon you. His strength echoes down the long centuries to you and this battlefield. You have been gifted everything you need to win. You are humans and they are not! You are meant to rule the galaxy. Take your destiny in hand!"

One of the new chimeras was headed to the far jetty, where no enemies or allies were. It would be an easy landing, but once ashore.....
The multi-laser spews out heavy wattage las bolts that slam into the pyrovore, burning his carapace in multiple places. The damage was a good show, but not enough to put the beast down.
The heavy bolter clicks, immediately jammed on the first pull of the trigger.
Cassiel's vox opens up, "Were going to do all we can to aid you, but those ass-blaster guys have got to go."

The closest tyranid warrior rushes forward, this time, for some reason, he slowed down as he ran. Maybe it was out of breath?
More likely it wanted its pyrovore mate to get another good flame burst in before it came in to finish the job.

More multicolored hues swirl and concentrate near the zoanthrope's massive head. It floated lazily over the battlefield, its stunted body deceptively fragile. Another bolt of warp energy spew out, passing by Ambrose's large frame and into its true target - the new chimera.
It immediately explodes, immolating all the men and women inside to a forlorn fate.
Ambrose's heat reading spike a little from the backwash, those he and Makradon were too far away to have to worry about debris.
The sensitivity of the heat monitor was precise and accurate, considering the flamestorm just some 20m away that had coated his brothers in a coat of fire.

The pyrovore's animalistic mind saw the rest of the squad setting up the heavy weapon. The dominion of the hive mind centered its focus on total destruction.
If the meat wanted to come and kill them, then it would cut off all the landing sites in a torrent of fire.
The flamebusrt cannon spews out more fire on the surviving squad. The arcing flames would have been described as mesmerizing and beautiful in any other situation; accompanied by the screams of the dying, they were an abomination that need only be cleansed from the galaxy.

Bleda once more summons the powers of the Warp but in a lesser quantity tghis time and sends a lightning bolt with the crack of thunder towards the Biovore Tyranid.
Cascading bolts of mind-lightning rip into the pyrovore. For a split second, even its bones are visible in a chilling x-ray effect. When the attack ends, the beast is a blackened, smoldering, charred bit of flesh.

The second tyranid warrior bearing down on you moves forward at full speed. Curiously, it stops next to the other one. What were they planning?

Apparently the spirits were not too happy with Makradon as he continues to try and unjam his weapon. He keeps focus on the approaching carnifex, knowing that it might get to him before he can unjam his weapon. In that case, he'd have to use his servo arm to destroy the vile xenos. So long as it was working.

Hydrako gazed up from the sundered Prime and looked hungrily at the two warriors holding back for something. They would have had the drop on him had they charged while he was battling the Prime, but they had stopped. This gave him the initiative and he took it. Pushing the hulking armour to its limits, he closed the distance in a lumbering dash. His chain axe held high and roaring. He brought the blade down on the warrior, only to have his blow blocked by the beast's own.

The Carnifex charges ahead, now finally back at its full speed. Every step rattles the jetty just as much as Ambrose's steps. Makradon would be intrigued to know the tonnage difference between the two, but that was a very minor question next to why. His. Bolter. Was. Being. So. Difficult.

Ambrose did not let up. He was preaching on his external vox as loud as would go. He praised Primarchs that were not his own, screamed hate at xenos that were not present, but none of it was heard. The assault cannon never ceased to fire. He would not let the barrels cool until the zoanthrope was pulp.
The zoanthrope barely noticed the first two hits as they effectlessly disintegrated into its psychic shield. The last bit got through, however, and the zoanthrope collapses even as it was ripped to bloody shreds by the assault cannon.

Site 4 (Cliffs):

Lucius sent a series of clicks over the squad HUDs signalling the Carcharadon squad tactics be employed. Without much thought he swung his chainsword into the spine of the downed biovore. Just as it cut through, he jumped into the air. It was down to the exorcine and prime now. The biovore's rear leg is sliced clean off by Lucius' attack. It thrashes around a bit as Lucius takes to the skies. Withon a minute, its thrashing stops as the devastating wound causes it to bleed itself dry.

The hormagaunts fire at Lucius, embedding another spike in his leg. While they do that, they charge Albrect, hitting him but to him it s=felt as a tickle. They also savage Serephan with chitinous claws and teeth, none of which the Sanguinious priest felt. Some near the edge of the cliff lean over the edge and fire spikes down at the climbing guardsmen. While the scene would have seemed terrifying, the spikes do nothing to deter the vet guardsmen.

The prime prepares another unseen psyker power. Something goes wrong, however, and the prime sqeuals in pain as some sort of feedback rips through its mind, severing arteries and causing internal brain hemorrhaging.

The advice over the vox from Lucius repeated it self within Khol's mind as he fought the appendage off. The adrenaline from the fall must've helped him muster the rest of his strength to break free. He quickly evaluates himself, then starts unloading his Assault Shotty into the Prime. Wasting no moment & emotion to weaken, heck, to even kill this thing called Prime. "You ned tu do betta then that to kill an Astartes Scout!", he shouts while pumping slugs out.
A steady stream of solid slugs rain into the thing from above. It was hurt and wounded, but would it retaliate?

If it weren’t for Lucius’ orders Albrecht would have been straight upon the Prime, that’s where the most glory for the Emperor is. Where his worship for the Emperor would be greatest. He was not an undisciplined warrior and there were other considerations like the guard who he shared this arena with. Draco was the spear tip and ‘dismantling’ each threat piece by piece was if nothing else at least efficient. Still, he longed to test himself but he quashed that urge with a snarl.
Ignoring the xeno chaff that surrounded him Albrecht launches into the air and with a fierce burn of his jump pack slammed down next the Exocrine. He felt restricted and caged by the orders and he would let his frustrations out on the massive walking artillery piece…
His weapon digs into flesh and cracks bone. It deals damage much easier, but cleaner, than Serephans chainsword due to its power field. What the weapon has in finesse, however, lacks the sheer brutality of the blood angels' weapon.
Still, a hit was a hit.

Steggo climbed the best he could with one leg in a splint-cast. "Cmon men, vengeance, for Tyralos!"
He urges them on, visions of his prior squad being slaughtered as they made their last ditch effort return to his mind; The wicked talon of a genestealer as it shreds open his leg, returning in and out of conciousness as he was dragged to a medevac just hours before the hive's thermic plasma drives were detonated.....
It was these memories that spurned him on.

Seraphan couldn't crack the exocrine and the horde wad pressing in he growled knowing the butchers work needed doing and broke off from the heavy tyranid and crashed into the horde with abandon letting slip the grip on the red thirst as he tore into the gaunts.
Letting a blood red tinge cloud his vision, he became every bit as feral as they.

Kareem and his men start their climb, making it about halfway up the side face. Kareem was glad to be out of the Chimera, his operator had told him it was on its last leg, and just a single step away from blowing up.

Likewise, Otho and his squad start their climb as well. Unlike cautious Tally, headstrong Steggo, and voice of reason Kareem, Otho had not found his niche. They were all just ordinary troopers who had happened to survive Trimalov. Apparently, survival was tantamount to command quality soldiers in the guard. He didnt like it, but he would do it until a lucky gaunt finally took him down. On they climb, ready to unleash retribution once they reach the top.

Again, something comes over the gaunts and they wildly attack. It was if they had just been injected with deadly doses of adrenaline. As well as making them hyper aggressive, the effect made them almost half as effective. Albrect takes more scratches on his armor, but each scratch on his armor could become a chink later on. Spikes fly after Lucius, who manages to dodge the reckless fire. Serephan was too busy killing them to notice their aggressive intensity, which paled in comparison.

The Exocrine strikes at Albrect again. The club-like fist connects solidly with Albrects shield. He's knocked back a few steps. The hit didnt have enough power behind it-He should have been knocked back meters instead of steps.

PORT:
Squad 3 - 13 - DEAD
Squad 2 -11 - (3rd pier), half actions only, -20 all tests, jammed, 5 mag damage
Cassiel - 10 - (2nd pier) -
Chimera 4 -9 - Headed towards 4th pier. - HB jammed
Tyranid Warrior 1-9 - 18 m away
Zoanthrope - 8 - DEAD
Tyranid Prime - 8 - DEAD
Hormagaunts - 8 - 65 mag damage, 100m away (2nd/3rd pier)
Pyrovre 1- 7 - 28m away (3rd pier) - 8 wounds
Pyrovore 2-6 - 28 m away (2nd pier) - 8 Crit, stunned 19 rounds, 1/2 S/T/Agi
Tyranid Warrior 2 - 6 -18m away
Chimera 5 - 5 - DEAD
Carnifex - 4 (2nd pier) - 27m away, 22 damage
Ambrose - 2 (1st pier) - 5m in

CLIFFS:
Lucius - 13 -
Termagaunts - 13 - 25 mag damage
Tyranid Prime 1 -11 - 50m away from ridgeline - 37
Albrect - 9 - CC/Exocrine/Gaunts
Serephan - 8 - CC/gaunts
Biovore 1-7 - DEAD
Biovore 2 - 7 - DEAD
Unknown 2 - 7
Biovore 3 - 3 - DEAD

Last edited by Sylphilis on Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2018 12:55 am

ROUND 7

SITE 1 (Port)

With his armor responding to his thoughts as much as his movement, Cassiel was back in this fight. While the heavy weapons team put their bolter into action by clearing the jam, the ancient and superior weapon from the vaults of Castobel would carry the load. Explosive bolts roared out at an earsplitting pace, converging on the wounded pyrovore.
The rounds shred muscle from bone, blood fron tissues, and life from its mortal coil. It clumps to the floor in a heap.
Without warning, the cannon on its back begins to shake violently, before combusting and showering the immediate area with fire, and flammable  fluids.

Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 Imperial_guard_by_toxic_hippy-d4w01al
The chimera makes it to the edge of the 4th jetty. The top hatches open and the squad inside starts spilling out onto the Walkway. The sergeant finds the walkway deviod of enemies and takes a deep breath in through his nostrils. Taking in threats, he sets his sights on the pyrovore that had destroyed the other 2 squads, "Men! Bring that thing down!" he orders. Two of the more beefy soldiers begin setting up a heavy bolter. Those not involved with the heavy bolter fire sporadically at the pyrovore, Las bolts hit the exoskeleton, but do nothing besides singing the skin.
Adding its weight, the chimera also fires a volley from the still functioning multilaser. Three bolts of superheated air slam into its leg, cooking flesh till it bubbles.
The creature bellows in pain, and responds to the challenge.

The first warrior, in conjunction with the other, flanks Hydrako and makes quick stabbing motions with its scything talos from overhead. (Need reaction)

The pyrovore knew from its connection with the hive mind that, while you were more heavily armored, the new squad had numbers and weight of fire. It moves towards the end of the pier it was on. Once in position, it would still be able to attack the squad on the next pier over. Its last few steps were on parts of the jetty that were already coated in charred bodies and blackened dockworks.

Even as flames consumes his body Bleda recognize that the Pyrovore was the largest threat to the guardsmen and so Bleda turns against that foe even while the Carnifex was charging down on the pier he was on. Summoning the energies of the Warp  to blast this xenos critter, just like he'd blasted its kin just before and there is a new crack of lightning and blue-white bolts of energy.
A veritable storm of lightning engulfs the pyrovore, striking him fast and hard in several places. But all the damage, the beast's resilience was astounding.

The other warrior takes advantage and launches its own attack as Hydrako reacts to the first. Equipped like the other, he finds himself beset by a total of 4 scything talons overhead from in front and behind. As skilled as the astartes were, they could only handle so much. He would again have to rely on the terminator's force field to do the heavy lifting. (Need FF rolls)

Makradon appeased to the machine spirits of his storm bolter one final time, praying that the Omnissiah would hear his cry. He could feel it in him before he felt it in the gun. It was unjammed and ready to fire. He swings it around towards the carnifex quickly, blasting off some shots that might have an effect. Perhaps, they would deter the xenos scum...but probably not.

He finally was able to use both weapons at once, and Hydrako fully intended to wreak havoc upon the xenos. His chainaxe roared while the powersword crackled angrily. Whirring teeth bit deeply into the carapace of the warrior, though the powersword was unable to find purchase. Despite his bulk, he was becoming a whirlwind of teeth and blades. Soon he would sunder these creatures as well.
While he tyranid warrior was attacking overhead, Hydrako was cutting chunky morsels out low from its midriff. The chainfist was mercilessly messy, which was how he liked it.

The Carnifex moves up, slowing down as it prepared for a last burst of speed to ram Ambrose. It was now only 15 meters away. Its hot, stinky breath exits its mouth in an exhalation of steamy putrescence. Over its head, the scything talons making clinking ticking noises as the connect, it almost looked like the carnifex was thinking, or making some sort of tactical decision. Either way, Ambrose was primed and ready for him.

Ambrose let the barrels cool as the weird boy went down in a heap. The giant ork was charging him, but it was slow and cumbersome. He targeted the ork trukk with the flame thrower atop it.
"KHHHAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!" The assault cannon spooled up and sent fury toward the pyrovore.
The remaining pyrovore explodes in a fiery mishmash of gristle and fire. Had the first two squads in not been annihilated, they would had been caught in that blast and finished off.
The 3rd pier remains engulfed fully in flames. It would be unusable to offload equipment until the flames were put out.The second pier, the one with Cassiel, Bleda, and Hydrako, was also coated in flames, but not to the same degree.
Over the vox, the fresh guard squad sergeant chimes,
--Thank be the Emperor your here.--

SITE 4 (Cliffs)

Lucius was on the move. With Seraphan thinning the herd, the rest could focus on the big targets and give the veteran troops an easy killing field when they arrived. He burned forward, ignoring the pitiful claws of the hormagaunts and primed a krak grenade before slamming it into the thorax of the living artillery unit.
It explodes between chitin armor plates, drawing a cry of pain from the dominated animal. For all its pain and misery, little damage is visibly evident.

The termagaunts move in. With overwhelming numbers they rush you, and not only you, but Steggo's squad as they reach the top. Claw and tooth chip away at hardened Ceramite and Carapce, but serrations could find no hold on you as you went about butchering gaunt and exocrine alike.

The prime took a nasty hit from Khol's shotgun. Now was the time to make sure it wouldn't happen again. Using is hind legs, it jumps to his level. The whol structure shakes and dust falls from the ceiling above.
It beginds to stalk straight towards Khol. From here, the beasts mouth naturally curled into a smaile shaped - complete with needle sharp fangs.
As it nearly makes it too him, a creaking noise is heard and the prime stops. It looks at the structure, realizing too late its mistake.
The whole floor collapses, sending you both crashing to the ground below.
Somehow, the Prime maintains its footing as it lands on an uneven pile of rubble.

Khol IC

Khol was battling a prime without Albrecht, he'd be damned if he was going to let a Raptor take all the glory. It was time to crank it up as this Exocrine was built literally like a tank and while it was prone an opportunity presented itself. He had just the hymn for high tempo attrition...
Take a deep breath
'Cause it all starts now
When you pull the pin
The shrapnel burns
As it tears into xeno skin
Ever wonder what it takes
To be questioning your faith
This is what it's like
When it happens every Goddamn day
Violence is our way of life
Shards of life
Like flak-fire in the air
The flesh storm grows
As it breeds despair
You hear screams in the distance
Fighting the resistance
Not cries of war
These are just the sounds of pain....

The templars axe falls with untold speed and ferocity, Albrecht has no need of finesse when faced with such a foe, inches thick chitin armour and foul flesh go flying as the power axe is embedded into the best over and over again...
Even with the multitude of hits, the giant stands. Large gashes, oozing lacerated muscles, coat the beast in a sheen of ichor. Its attacks stumble as it is nearly overcome by the righteous zeal of the Templar.

Steggo makes it to the top of the cliff face. His men just ahead of him turned and helped the somewhat-crippled man over the lip. Already they were beset by guant beasts. He chomps on his stogie and bellows to his bem. "Grenades! Flamers foward!" He puls a pin off his own belt and tosses it at the horde. It crumps and shreds bodies. The throw was impeccable, placed exactly where it would do the most damage. He didn't have time to appreciate the fruits of his labor, as some of his more courageous men pulled him back out of harms way, while another moved up and set fire to the horde-just before he would have been sliced down. The guants clear out, backing away from the flame like cockroches avoiding the light.

Serephan IC

Karrem and his men move hand over hand up the grapnels. Finally hauling themselves over at the top. His throat was dry but he managed to croak out the order "Get those weapons up here." to his men in ragged breaths.
He then proceeds to reach over and help them up. One by one they reach the top, dangling on the lines like cocooned spider food.

Otho, much like Kareem, reached the top as well. He clasps his trooper's arm and has hoisted up onto the top. "We need to get the heavy stuff up here."
"its already on the way sir." the trooper response crisply.
Otho looks out at the battlefield. Their arrival had not gone unnoticed, but they had not made themselves a priority target.....yet.
"Get everyone up here quick. We're going to flank them and provide some rain."

Renewed vigor strikes the guant horde as they launch themselves at you in a frenzy again. A claw scrapes viciously against Lucius' torso, but failed to penetrate his hallowed power armor, thanks be the primarch. Even Steggo's squad was assaulted by the swirling melee. From the corner of his eye, Seraphan see's the veteran sergeant bashing a termagaunt's skull in with his crutch. Somewhere in the back of his fury ridden mind, he registeres that they will not be able to bring the flamer on them. Thos efaint and distant thoughts are interrupted when a termagaaunt bashes him in the face with the side of its spike rifle. Blood poured down a broken nose. With that, any thoughts of others were gone. Serephan quickly counters by grabbing its head wih a free hand and ripping it clean from the socket. He was showered in an arterial spray of ichor as he tossed the head at another approaching enemy, knocking it off its feet.

Tally and her men quietly sneak to the top and silently climb off the cliff and into a whole new world of shit. She looks and noticed that Steggo was already being beset by the predations of a gaunt swarm. There were three of the Astartes, including the banner bearer, in close combat, but she didnt see the one who accompanied them.
Using her microbead, she calls to him, "Khol? We are at the top. Where do you need us?" He heard her almost as a whisper, she was defiantly the most cautions and cunning of the bunch, but unless it was applied correctly, it wouldnt do anyone any good.

The savage fury of the black beetles attack threw the exocrine into some sort of shock as its synapses tried to register the pain and consider the next move. It shakes the pain with a shake from its head, its jowls flapping with the motion. With its senses gathered, it would again attack without hesitation.

PORT:
Squad 3 - 13 - DEAD
Squad 2 -11 - DEAD
Chimera 4 -9 - Headed towards 4th pier. - HB jammed
Tyranid Warrior 1-9 - 18 m away, CC/Hydrako, 30 wounds, 1 fatigue, stunned
Zoanthrope - 8 - DEAD
Tyranid Prime - 8 - DEAD
Hormagaunts - 8 - 65 mag damage, Out of Combat
Pyrovre 1- 7 - 28m away (3rd pier) - 41 wounds, 1 fatigue
Pyrovore 2-6 - 28 m away (2nd pier) - DEAD
Tyranid Warrior 2 - 6 -18m away, CC/Hydrako
Chimera 5 - 5 - DEAD
Carnifex - 4 (2nd pier) - 15m away, 22 damage

CLIFFS:
Lucius - 13 -
Termagaunts - 13 - 38 mag damage
Tyranid Prime 1 -11 - 50m away from ridgeline - 77 wounds, 5 toughness damage, prone.
Albrect - 9 - CC/Exocrine/Gaunts
Serephan - 8 - CC/gaunts
Biovore 1-7 - DEAD
Biovore 2 - 7 - DEAD
Unknown 2 - 7
Exocrine - 6 - 2 fatigue, 2 Crit
Biovore 3 - 3 - DEAD
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2018 1:00 pm

ROUND 8

SITE 1 (Port):

Cassiel didn't have to be a veteran of Macragge to know a Carnifax was a walking tank in Tyrannid horde and it wouldn't be easy to bring down. Fortunately, they had their own. Ambrose and the Carnifax would certainly find their way to face each other face to face, but as the beast closed the distance Cassiel pumped it full of explosive bolts. He smiled as the pummeling blows knocked the creature from its feet giving Ambrose precious seconds to gather his thoughts and prepare to do battle.

The sergeant did not feel the thuds of the Carnifex's footsteps. But he could see the threat. If it got too much closer he would have to order his men not to wet their pants.
"Target that big thing. Bring it down!" he commands. A wave of lasfire shoots across the intervening piers before slamming into the Carnifex's side flanks. It absorbs the damage without any sign of noticing it. The heavy bolter crew squeezes their own trigger. Tracer rounds also cross across the ports at an awkward looking angle. Several rounds explode uselessly on the Beasts carapace.

The warrior whom Hydako had savaged regains its wits and brings its beady,hate filled eyes right on the tough nut standing in front of it.
Tough nuts always had the sweetest meat.

Seeing that the Carnifex seems to be taken care of by his brothers, Bleda moves forward in order to support Hydrako against the Tyranid Warriors and position himself for a charge the next turn.
He was now in a prime position to launch a charging strike to assist Hydrako, just like the great Khan would have preferred.

The warrior Hydrako had chosen not to attack launched annother barrage of overhead swings. The scything talons struck from above like serrated rain. Two hits find purchase and strike hydrako's arm. He feels a sting in the arm as the scything talon slips into a crevice and damages something. While he could feel it, it would not slow him down.

Makradon knew that he paled in comparison to the god of war next to him. His bolter rounds were doing next to nothing against the enemy, something he would have to remedy. He lets loose another volley, wincing as the shots go well wide.
"Ambrose, finish it."

Hydrako's soul fed on the carnage and drew strength from the death he was reaping amongst the xenos elite in this theater despite the rain of blows he was weathering. A lightning fast blow buried the teeth of his prized chainaxe in the maw of the warrior facing him. As the blade ate through chitin he attacked with the powersword, but was unable to find purchase once again. Suddenly the attack became defense as he tried to use it to parry the scything talons of the other warrior. He was too engrossed in the scream of his other weapon to utilize both at once. The attempt was weak and the blows passed through his guard to cut through his holy armour. Despite the wounds he acquired, Hydrako was content to see his target fall away before him in a mangled heap. He looked back at the remaining warrior, flicked the gore from the teeth of his axe and revved the engine again in challenge.

The carnifex stands back to its full height. Its crustacean-like claws snapping with anticipation. It trods forward, each plodding step shaking the very foundations of the pier. The threat was too close to ignore, it was either time to Ambrose to finish it, or be destroyed by it.....

With the weird boy dead, Ambrose could not afford to lose momentum. In fact, now he was primed and even more eager than before. "For Russ!" He screamed yet another Patriarch's name that he was never bound to and unleashes hell on the Carnifex.
This time nearly all of his shots ring true. Its pincer claws, only recently snapping shut, are blown apart in a shower of gore. From there the line of tracer rounds stitched their way up the creatures shoulder and into its neck. Before it could be severed completely, the head exploded as the last rounds found their mark. It slumped to the ground with a dead thud. Ickor and gore pored freely.
"And the Emperor said 'come and see' and I saw, and behold the Astartes. And hell followed with them."

SITE 4 (Cliffs):

Lucius recited a quick prayer to the machine spirit of his hesh bolter that Makradon had taught him. With the last word off his lips he squeezed the trigger. To his delight, every round fired on target, melting chitinous plates and internal organs with ease.
With the living artillery dead and Khol on the Prime, Lucius turned and made ready to destroy the horde, keeping Seraphan close. As much as he wanted to kill the Prime personally, he knew delegating that responsibility was the better play.
"Albrecht, move to assist Khol with the Prime and break this horde." [/quote]
Hellfire rounds easily penetrate the exocrine's carapace and explode doing massive amounts of internal damage. Corrosive shrapnel penetrates each and every one of the beasts organs. The heart ruptures and its thoracic cavity quickly fills with blood. It gives a howling moan as hit collapses and gives its final breath. Blood oozes from the corners of its mouth as the pressure of laying down compresses the blood up its esophagus.

As Lucius finishes off the Exocrine, the termaguants launch a frenzied attack on all involved. The veteran squads who hadnt made themselves a target yet were not a target. Steggo's squad was the exception. Using lasguns as shields, they keep the xenos back as best they could under the directions of Steggo's crutched frame. A grievously wounded soldier fell back into him, coughing up blood and clutching a rent in his throat. He quickly falls down at Steggo's feet and lays still. Seraphan found himself assailed again as a guant leaps through the air and lands on his shoulders, latching on with clawed talons. Sickle shaped claws tear at his armored skull, and causes a rent in his reinforced gorget. More blood fills his mouth, and his vision was fully red with rage by this point.

The prime sucks in breath with effort. The slugs had cuased massive contusions in the xenos's foul lungs, causing the beast agonizing pain with every breath. It regains its feet steadily before looking at the point above where the Raptors scout disappeared into the shadows above.....

"Guardsmen Tally?", Khol says with a hint of relief that they're still alive, "I'm stuck in CQ with tha big baddie of a ruined building. If your able to without revealing yur position, I want you to prepare one of yeah mortars." Hopefully they get the idea on what he's planning. A numerous amount can go wrong but killing this monstrosity is high priority. Khol holds his ground with his shotty pointed towards the pit, waiting for the Prime to come crawling out.

Albrecht needed no encouragement from Lucius to attack the Prime, he had been disciplined in keeping his axe busy on lesser xeno up until now. As his jump-pack fires he opens comms "Brother Khol, I am on the Primes six." as Albrecht arcs into the air he scans the battlefield for his brother but he wasn't surprised that he couldn't locate him "whats your location?"
Albrecht touches down some twenty metres from the Prime. Flicking off his power-axe for but a moment he bashes it against his shield in a challenge to the big xeno.

Serephan IC

Kareem's men flanked him and he finishes catching his breath. "Fire!" he orders.
A jet of flames coats the gaunt horde. The retched stink of burning xenos meat fills the nostrils of those who go without a helmet.
If that wasnt enough, and it wasnt, las-fire lashes down the stragglers who had dared to approach them. One trooper had tossed his one and only grenade.
The result? They were clear enough.
"Good work me." Kareem says, "Now, fix bayonets and prepare for counter charge."
His experience was more than the others. In the bowels of Hive Trimlov, he had seen them charge any unit that punched them hard enough.

Otho wasn't about to risk his squad to a retun charge like that. Instead he would find a better position to return fire from.
"Around them, to the left!" he orders.
The whole squad leaps into a run, trying to circumvent the mass of gaunts and make for some of the ruins.

Tally responds to Khol, "Affirmative!" before turning to the squad.
"The astartes needs help, lets set up the mortar. Those of you not on mortar are on defense duty. Hop to it!"
The men shuffle into action, setting up a small bubble of defense around the mortar. When they finish setting up, she voxes Khol again.
"Ready m'lord, where are we shooting?"

PORT:
Squad 3 - 13 - DEAD
Squad 2 -11 - DEAD
Squad 4 -9 - Braced (4th pier)
Tyranid Warrior 1-9 - 18 m away, CC/Hydrako, 30 wounds, 1 fatigue
Zoanthrope - 8 - DEAD
Tyranid Prime - 8 - DEAD
Pyrovre 1- 7 - 28m away (3rd pier) - DEAD
Tyranid Warrior 2 - 6 -18m away, CC/Hydrako
Chimera 5 - 5 - DEAD
Carnifex - 4 (2nd pier) - DEAD

CLIFFS:
Lucius - 13 -
Termagaunts - 13 - 74 mag damage
Tyranid Prime 1 -11 - 50m away from ridgeline - 77 wounds, 5 toughness damage, prone.
Albrect - 9 - CC/Gaunts
Veterans (Steggo)3 - 9 - Right Side
Serephan - 8 - CC/gaunts
Veterans 4 (Otho)- 7 - left - Running to flank.
Biovore 1-7 - DEAD
Biovore 2 - 7 - DEAD
Unknown 2 - 7
Veterans 2 (Tally) - 6 - Braced
Exocrine - 6 - DEAD
Biovore 3 - 3 - DEAD
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 12:10 am

ROUND 9

Site 1 (Port):

The battle at the port had been fierce and while it was winding down, it wasn't over yet. Tyranid were vermin. There was no honor to be had by prolonging the conflict or defeating one of their champions in single combat - besides Draco needed to pitch in the other sites as well - and find Ironbound before anyone else. Cassiel drew a bead on the creature over Hydrako's left shoulder. It was a tight window with the hulking Terminator, but the suspension harness and a lifetime of training have him confidence. He let loose with a full auto burst and watched the heavybolter shred the creature. Perhaps he made it look to easy as the Imperial Guard followed his lead and scored blows against Hydrako's back side. Cassiel shook his head. He had grown to respect the other members of Draco, but once again he found himself wishing for a squad of Dark Angels supporting his position - this time instead of the Planetary Defense Force.

The sergeant mulls over his options.....
On the one hand, there was only one giant bug left, and it was fighting the giant astartes, the one with the cold eyes that gave him a shiver up his spine. He could either fire and risk hitting the astartes, or let the two duke it out and move up the pier.....
Then the quiet one fired with pinpoint accuracy. It was an amazing shot and nearly downed the beast.
"Fire on that thing! Take it down for the glory of Brentonnia!"
The gunner starts aiming, the assist guy wasn't so convinced, "Are you sure that's a good idea?"
He yells at the soldier even louder, he didn't like his orders questioned, "Fire or I'll have you gutted like a hog!"
The soldier gulped and helped the guy who was pulling the trigger. A throaty roar erupts as the mass reactives race towards their goal. Missing their goal by a breath's hair, 2 rounds slam into the bulky Hydrako. One shatters like dust on the terminator armor's force field while the other bypasses it and hits a small joint in the torso.....
Hydrako feels the thump in his midriff and smells the sharp scent of blood-his own blood....
The gunner's mate looks back to the sergeant, who stared, slack jawed and without a word at what had just happened.

Bleda charges in like the wind and comes down with his sword in an arc on the Tyranid and as he does, both eyes and sword bursts with blue-white electric energy.
The force sword bites deep into the thigh. Wreathed in etheric lightning, the flesh is cooked from the inside out. Bleda finishes the attack y finishing the cut, and severing it completely. The truth was, the tyranid was already dead by that point....

Site 4 (Cliffs):

Lucius brought his immaculate bolter up, not even savoring his last kill. Seraphan was in a rage and even though he brought destruction to the teeming masses, he was taking more hits than he should have been. "Seraphan, disengage and administer to your wounds. Now." Before he got a reply, fearing that he would not receive one at all, he squeezed the trigger.
Years of experience guided his hand, firing the metal storm anti-personnel rounds at the largest clusters. They came apart like paper in their dozens.

The termaguants fight back, drawing Steggo and Kareem's squad into their clutches. Steggo losses 4 men in a flurry of claws. Flak armor is as paper compared to your power armor and is torn like wet paper under the onslaught of vicious claws. Kareem's men put up a sterner defense, holding back the attacks by using the bayonets to keep the termagaunts at bay.
One of them charges Albrect from behind, leaping and latching on to his arm with needle-like teeth, clamping down hard enough to bypass the armor.

The prime stands back to its feet and looks up to the ledge where Khol had disappeared. It couldn't let the astartes scout harry his progress. With determined steps, it climbs the broken walls and ruble up to the ledge, obtaining a firm footing. It didnt have any time to react, however, as Khol was waiting for it, Once Khol could see the prime, he started firing. Sadly it was a bit early & most of the slugs fly past the xeno.
What did, hit, however, was enough to finish the beast off. The rapid 'boom-click-boom-click' of the assualt shotgun rings in the shattered buildings he stands in. The beast screams as rounds rip great chunks of flesh from its leg, before the last slug tears it off entirely.
Khol breaths heavily as the shotgun repeatedly clicks on empty; As this happens, the tyranid prime clams down and breathes its last.....

Khol continues to breathe heavy while the sweet relief washes over him of the dead prime. It has been some time to use such a weapon, but of course it was only used in the most hostile occurrences. Khol activates his scout signal for all to see. "Im here brother..." still patting, "I killed what seems to be one of many monstrosities" as he looks at the corpse. He then walks up to the closest window to see what's left of the enemy & to give prupose for Tally and her squad. "Sergeant Tally...."takes in another breath, "...I want your squad to start pelting the enemy mass."

Albrect IC

The numbers of the termagaunts were swiftly dwindling. Steggo smashes the brains in of the last one who had kept his squad occupied. Free again, he orders them forward.
"Move in! Flamers forward!"
The squad moves in at a steady pace while his flamer trooper bathes the termagaunts in flammable jelly.
The acrid stink of charred flesh and chitin fill the air as the battlefield is beset by a smoky haze.

Serephan was beyond the concerns of his many wounds. All he cared for was the reaping. The heretics, those damned luna wolves traitors, were falling back, making him give chase. He does so, eagerly, and cuts one down in his righteous blood thirst. He gives a roar of victory, as feral as it was frightening....

Kareem smiles as the 6 legged bugs were cut down like the crops of his homeworld. He was no stranger to field work, and he knew his men would also be knowledgeable.
"Burn them, and we will plow them under. The nutrients of thier decay will pave the way for new life!"
Kareem wasn't given to outbursts and fiery rhetoric like Steggo, he preferred to command with shrewd tactics; but now, he just couldn't help it. Burning the termagaunts was like burning the fields after the season of harvest. The thought of a home he would never see again filled him with exuberance he just couldn't hold back.
The men did as ordered, equally spurred on by thoughts of home. A cry of huzzahs were heard up and down his line as they did like Steggo's men.
The smoky haze intensified.....

Otho's men kept running like the forces of chaos were after them, moving into the ruined apartment complexes and structures that had just, weeks before, held the teaming masses of this village/outpost.
Those men and women were now the same refugee's who had given his regiment paltry trinkets in exchange for deliverance from thier newfound status. Something struck a chord with him about that. He was usually the kind to accept a gift without a second thought, but recalling the looks in those eyes.....he wanted to give them what he promised, and so they run on, into the depths of larger and larger structures.

Tally nodded, "We'll get this" she replies to Khol.
"Range in the mortar, bring the rain." she prders softly. Her soldiers do well and drop in the frag round.
'FUMP' goes the mortar, and it was followed by the shrill whistle just before it hit ground and exploded. The explosion was off target and one of the ruins's walls collapse harmlessy on the ghosts that dwelt within.
"Check that," she tells the mortar team. "What kind of lousy grox shit was that?"
"Sorry ma'am" one responds, cranking the shaft and changing the angle of fire.

PORT:
Squad 3 - 13 - DEAD
Squad 2 -11 - DEAD
Squad 4 -9 - Braced (4th pier)
Tyranid Warrior 1-9 - DEAD
Zoanthrope - 8 - DEAD
Tyranid Prime - 8 - DEAD
Pyrovre 1- 7 - 28m away (3rd pier) - DEAD
Bleda - 6 - (2nd pier), jammed
Tyranid Warrior 2 - 6 -18m away, CC/Hydrako, 4 crit, prone, 1 toughness damage
Chimera 5 - 5 - DEAD
Carnifex - 4 (2nd pier) - DEAD

CLIFFS:
Lucius - 13 -
Termagaunts - 13 - 104 mag damage
Tyranid Prime 1 -11 - DEAD
Khol - 10 - in ruins, Paroxysm, -10BS/WS
Albrect - 9 - CC/Gaunts
Serephan - 8 - CC/gaunts
Veterans 4 (Otho)- 7 - left - Running to flank.
Biovore 1-7 - DEAD
Biovore 2 - 7 - DEAD
Unknown 2 - 7
Exocrine - 6 - DEAD
Biovore 3 - 3 - DEAD
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2018 5:07 pm

Round 10

Site 4 (Cliffs):

Lucius kept firing into the most huddled masses. Mounds of xenos flesh and fountains of black blood erupted with each shot. The horde was thinning and he would see them all sent back to the abyss from whence they spawned. Termagaunts were getting sparse now. They would be wiped out in just a few more, well placed attacks.
The fact that they still fought on and had not reverted to thier instinctive behavior meant that they were still under the dominance of the hive mind. There must still be another synapse nearby.

"Chaps... I noticed squad Otho hasn't made any noise ever since they moved into these particular set of ruins. I'm gonna leave my signature online in case anyone would like to follow." Khol ignites his thrusters & without wasting another breath, leaves his current position in mere seconds. Flying above the battlefield.

Annoyance flashed across Albrechts face, he found Khols vagueness inappropriate. He wanted to know where the xeno was so he could purge it, leaving it alive even a moment longer than necessary was tardy.
“Brother. Where is the xeno? You have eyes on it or not?” Albrecht sends out another vox to his brother but this time the tone was a little harsh, although nothing Khol hadn’t experienced before. The Templars temperament a shining example for all.
Ignoring the rapidly reducing ‘sea’ of Termagaunts he launches into the air once more and follows Khol, the targetting reticals of his helm seeking out targets amongst the ruins.

Steggo and his men fight with renewed vigor now that the termagaunts are little more than a flimsy line of scattered bio-forms. One of his men throw a grenade but miss the three guants that was his target. They react by charging, but are hosed down in a spray of promethium. The flamer-weilding trooper calmly walks forward and spraying the field down. Bodies are burning and filling this field with black, acrid smoke. They succeed in finishing them off.

Serephan was rushing a gaunt until it suddenly died in an eruption of fire. He did not slow, however, and jumped into the air with assistance from his jump pack. Just on the other side of his intended target, was some heretical guardsmen.
They deserved to die......
With a beastial war cry, he descends straight onto the unsuspecting guardmen. It wasa good thing Kareem was such a cautious man, he had not given the order to unfix bayonets. Even caught off guard, they had a weapon that kept the berserk blood angel from ripping them apart.
Cries of confusion and aghast horror spill from the lips of his men. Even Kareem himself was stupefied by the sudden betrayal of the deathwatch marine.
"What's going on here?" was the only thing he could say...."keep him off you. M'lord" he pleads, "forgive us our shortcomings, castigate us if you must but dont kill us." he tries to bargain, not understanding what could possibly going on. All he could fathom was that the holy warrior found fault with him, or possibly one of his men? He didn't realize the astartes could be as callous as a commissar with a hemorrhoid.

Otho and his men were in the ruins on the right flank now. There was a crossroad between two by-ways. The buildings dwarfing them were 2-3 stories tall, most had been reduced to a skeletal framework of rockcrete and rebarb. Almost all had large holes in walls where ordinances, or booby traps had killed tyranid or fleeing imperials during the evacuation of the outpost. The men looked warily at the buildings, knowing that while they had a good cover here from the battlefield, this was the perfect place for an ambush.

Inside a broken wall, the beast watches from a shadow. It knew from its psychic link that the gaunts had died to the last. On the landings to the right and the left the meat was overwhelming with a sudden ferocity the hive mind had not considered. It strengthened them and kept them in a frenzy, but now they were gone. Left to its own devices, it would run and link up with the others elsewhere. Under the complete dominance of the hive mind, it would also fight and die without a second thought to its own well being. It lets the paroxysm go, it had not had the desired effect in any case. The beetle-meat had mostly resisted it, except for one that had killed its synapse companion less than a minute ago.
Instead, it slinks to the edge of the hole in the wall, exposing itself the guardsman squad.
The movement caught someones ear and he turns to see a large bio-form staring him down. He opened his mouth to scream a warning, but he was never heard.
A piercing scream, louder than any other, dominates the field. Lucius, the furthest away, could hear it. Even his autosenses filtered to keep it from doing damage to his hearing.
Albrect and Khol, much closer, hear it more keenly, but it would not hurt them any more than a stun grenade in another room.
All eyes, not including Serephan and Kareem's squad, look to the copse of skeletal looking buildings to the right side.
Unseen to all of you, Otho's men instinctively drops their guns to grab their ears. The soldier who had shouted (and was drowned out by the monster's scream) falls to the ground-dead. Blood and shredded brain matter ooze from his ears.
The rest of the squad fall to the ground in an attempt to get any bit of distance away from the piercing cry.

CLIFFS:
Lucius - 13 -
Termagaunts - 13 - DEAD
Khol - 10 - in ruins rt flank
Albrect - 9 - Ruins, rt flank
Serephan - 8 - CC/Kareem
Veterans 1 (Kareem) - 8 - 1 mag damage -
Veterans 4 (Otho)- 7 - Right flank ruins - 1 Mag damage
Biovore 1-7 - DEAD
Biovore 2 - 7 - DEAD
Unknown 2 - 7
Exocrine - 6 - DEAD
Biovore 3 - 3 - DEAD
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 1:39 am

Round 11

Listening to the vox traffic, Lucius was confident that Albrecht and Khol were zeroing in on the situation. He was about to move off when Seraphan's erratic movement caught his eye. The Blood Angel had lost control again and now he was turning on the guard veterans.
"Seraphan, disengage now! That is a direct order!" He didn't know if his words would have any affect and was already hurdling toward his battle-brother intent on stopping any further bloodshed. A scream pierced the air, but he couldn't worry about that now...

Cassiel surveyed the battlefield, striding forward into the docks.  He opened the vox to the general channel.  "Port is secure."  His stare dared the Xenos filth to burst out of hiding to challenge his words.  Switching to Draco's private channel, Cassiel asked Lucius for his report.  Lucius's team was faster and more mobile - surely they would be done by now?  Knowing that Cassiel's team handled the opposition faster would sting the Novamarine's pride.  If it pushes him to wrap things up, it would be well worth it.  "Makradon, there were three other sites.  See if you can get a status report.  We may be moving on without delay."
"Cliff team reads - unknown synapse launched ambush post cleanup. Team 2 responding to threat. Over."

Khol goves a ponder about Serephan and Lucius over the vox. He's not entirely sure what was going on on but wouldnt mind asking later when its more convenient. Then he hears Albrect before landing onto solid ground again. "I apoligise on keeping to myself, pal" The heat of battle has gotten to the best of me." He gives a tired grin, knowing quite well it worries and frustrates his pal with good intentions. "Ive noticed these ruins are a perfect place for another one of those monsters, Its also where Otho and his squad disappeared into, give me a second pal." he breaks his link and patches into Tally, "Tally, its Khol. I believe squad Otho is in trouble. I wouldnt mind getting all the help I can get.....Plus....Whatever is going on with Kareem's squad, I highly recommened not to get involved. Even I am not sure what's going on." Khol patches back to Albrect, "You ready for old times, pal?"
Khol moves down the broken street past scattered civilian haulers in the street. He makes the crossroad and turns the corner. Otho's squad was there, just 30 meters down the street. Above them on the far side was a 5-story hab building with a giant hole in it. It was the only possible place the monster could have attacked them from....

Albrecht didn't particularly care about the Blood Angel's rampage. The Emperor in all his wisdom had made them with their rage so such happenings were occasionally to be expected. While it was regrettable the guard should be grateful that Draco were here, as far more of them would have fallen if they had not been.
With the xeno's scream piercing the battlefield Albrecht without another thought sent his jumppack into overdrive hurtling towards the ruins. His axe at the ready to bring the Emperors wrath.
He jumps in a high arc and lands in the middle, next to Otho's squad.
He could tell right away that they were left dumbstruck by the attack, and one of the men was plain dead, his liquefied brain oozing from his ears and nose.
Albrecht immediately adopted a fighting stance, his shield and humming power axe at the ready as he stalks around the guardsmen, he left the tracking to his brother. He noted their shocked expression so was forceful in his question "What happened, answer me now!" he snapped at the nearest group his helms vox unit adding weight to his words.
The soldier nearest him looked up, squinting his eyes to make out what giant shadow was standing over him.
"W-w-what?" he stammers.

Steggo had moves to secure the area, but stopped dead in its tracks when Serephan had charged Kareem's men. Then the interpherence of Lucius really gave him pause.
What was going on here? he couldn't help but wonder. Unsure of what to do, he vox's Lucius.
"M'lord? What is going on? What should we do?"

Serephan suddenly stopped resisting Lucius' hold. He raised a shoulder, indicating Lucius to let go.
"Hold me no longer. Im fine." he says curtly.
Lucius stared into the lenses of Seraphan's helmet, his arms still hugged tightly around the Blood Angel. Only when he is convinced Seraphan is in control of himself once more does he let go. He doesn't break his stare and speaks to him in a tone an angry training officer might give a failing recruit. In Draco Cant, "Remove yourself from the presence of the Guard and tend to your wounds this instant. There is still a fight to be had with actual enemies. Get out of my sight."
This was not the first time Lucius had had to physically restrain the Apothecary from assaulting their allies and he was at a boiling point.
He turned to Kareem's squad and in a venting of his anger barked, "One of my Astartes must have found one of yours lacking in faith! Now get back into the fight and give me a proper perimeter in case of a counter attack and await reinforcements."
Serephan eyes Lucius from under the helmet. He did not like his tone to be sure, but with his ignorance on the rage.....it was understandable. He turns away and begins to check his vitals.
He had taken a few knocks to the head, but his enhanced genealogy already had him on the mend.

Kareem jumps, startled at Lucius's accusation. He nods and turns to issue orders. "You heard him, get a perimeter up and keep your eyes open."

Tally was left unsure what to do. Khol asked for help but didn't tell her what was needed. She looks at the situation with Kareem's squad and was clearly disturbed. She had heard whispers of the blood drinkers in the twin hive's going nuts but didn't pay heed. Now, however......

CLIFFS:
Lucius - 13 -
Termagaunts - 13 - DEAD
Khol - 10 - in ruins rt flank
Albrect - 9 - Ruins, rt flank
Serephan - 8 - CC/Kareem
Veterans 1 (Kareem) - 8 - 1 mag damage -
Veterans 4 (Otho)- 7 - Right flank ruins - 1 Mag damage
Biovore 1-7 - DEAD
Biovore 2 - 7 - DEAD
Unknown 2 - 7
Exocrine - 6 - DEAD
Biovore 3 - 3 - DEAD
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 4:36 pm

Round 12

Khol must've underestimated his pal's frustration. Watching Albrect jump ahead of him, with the only response of jump pack thrusters & soon after demanding answers from Otho and his men. He knows what Albrect is capable of and shouldn't need their focus to be split. Then Khol realizes a hole big enough in one of the buildings for a prime to be hiding. He breaks off of his current position, starting his stride towards the group. Trying to become a physical interruption and immediate focus conduit. "Albrect! Move your frustrations towards the building with the pocket in it!" he yells at the top of his lungs while pointing towards what should have seemed obvious.

Albrecht spied a lonely hiding place, it had to be there “Praise be”, he shouted as he powered up to its hiding place. As he enters the hole, he came right into the warrior prime's kill zone. It struck out at him with its lashwhip, aiming to bind him for an easy kill. Albrect's instincts proved more adept.

prime attacks albrect

khol climbs wall

albrect attacks prime, prime fails parry

khol throws photon,

Last edited by Sylphilis on Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 5:06 pm

With the last nearby foe ended, you have a second to catch your breath and take a sit-rep.

The vox had been alight with unrelenting chatter, but while you had been fighting it had been filtered to your immediate area. Now that that was done there were dozen, even hundreds of calls for aid, status updates, formation application ect.
Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 F56f8e374e893b095b6f365f1c2e2006--death-rider-rough-riders

Port:
As the last warrior is cut down you look down the line. Your piers had been taken with ease, but there had been heavy casualties on the others. Around one dozen burn with the flames of pyrovores. All are clogged with the bodies of hundreds of Brentonnian guardsmen. But more and more chimera's were dislodging more and more men onto the docks. Even now, at least a 1000 men were securing the warehouses just past the docks on the land. It was hard to tell how many would show as it seemed the black sea was on fire as well.
Through the thick columns of smoke, you see heavy transport barges. Soon, the guardsmen would have more than what they could carry. Armoured Leman Russ patter tanks, Hellhounds, sentinel walkers and even the mighty basilisk artillery would find land under thier treads once again.

Cassiel also spots some barges laden with the men and women under the ministorum banner. The fanatical sisters of battle and the frateris militia would also add their fanatical zeal to the fight, if they honored their word.

Hydrako easily sights the guardsmen manning the heavy bolter that had shot him, and the idiotic look on the sergeant's face.

With your area clear, you could either move inland, vox the cliff team, or await the arrival of the adeptus ministorum.......

Cliff:

The last enemy was now dead. More chimera's had landed and were unloading materials onto the small beach. It was all very light equipment, it had to be in order to scale the cliffs. There were crates and crates full of mortars and of mortar shells. The veteran squads had plenty of special weapons to choose from, but it was all man portable. With a full company unloaded, the surviving chimera's would soon leave and add suport elsewhere, where the could get on the land better.
Tally was quiet, curious but not curious enough as too provoke the ire of Lucius, or much worse, Serephan.
Steggo, the most outspoken, on the other hand, was much less inclined to stay quiet.

"What was that all about? Why did you attack him?" he asks Serephan from a distance, a small hint of accusation in his voice.
He didnt just smash his way through hundreds of termagaunts with a laspistol and a crutch just to be attacked by his allies, not without a dam good explanation.

Serephan remains with his back to him, silent.

The cliff site had been taken, but there were still numbers of guants hiding in the hab blocks. No longer under the dominance of the hive mind, they were base creatures, no longer a coherent fighting unit; but they were still a threat to those who would stumble upon them.

Now the guardmen had orders to flank the main assault at site, would you assist them, as you promised? or would you seek your own mission? With the vox flooding for requests, you could go in almost any directions and do good.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 5:35 pm

Ambrose plodded along, looking around, suddenly exclaiming

"BROTHERS, WHERE HAVE ALL THE ORKS GONE?!"

He rotated, seeming to look around confused about the sudden lack of enemies.
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 6:24 pm

Hydrako stared at the sergeant, stone faced and unblinking. With a slow motion he drew up his chainaxe and pointed it at the one who ordered the wild shot. The sergeant visibly squirmed under his gaze as the savage weapon sighted him like the bore of a tank. Then, Hydrako revved the engine and drew the roaring chain across his throat, the threat unmistakable. He then turned and crunched through the refuse of war to the warrior prime he had defeated. Rolling the beast over with his foot he found the arm that was connected to the lashwhip. His blade flashed and severed the weapon at the wrist before he stooped to put the trophy in a pouch for later
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 10:45 am

Lucius moved to the center of the line and began coordinating with the guard. When he heard Steggo's tone, he turned and regarded the man. His face was iron and rock. His glare carried the momentum of a baneblade.

"Sergeant, you forget your place. You are addressing one of the Emperor's own blood and an apothecary at that. If I were you, I would thank him for the mercy and restraint he showed in the end. Now man your position and make preparations to begin flanking and clean up operations. I want these habs turned into dust. The area needs to be cleared to bring up the basilisks."

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 6:33 pm

The battle was over in a flash and Makradon was thankful for that. He'd been able to help somewhat, but he'd need to get his weapons in order to be of more use to his killteam. At the moment, he felt lacking. And that was not something that would easily pass by.

As soon as it settles, in the blink of an eye, he gets back to the mission at hand.

"Our target is eastward, Ironbound that is. Shall we try and find it? Or do we stay and help the guard?"

He knew what the answer would likely be, even upon asking the question.
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 1:02 am

Bleda looks at the carnage with approval. Many Xenos had been destroyed and now it was time to move on. He had an idea about what Cassiel would decide and waited patiently for the order.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 1:13 am

Over the vox command channel, you can hear that things are not going too well.

Site 2, to the west of the ports has taken heavy casualties and is faltering:
"Hurry up at the port! We need heavy equipment here ASAP. They have hunters picking us apart. Unless we can get someone to take the heat off of us, we arn't going to last much longer."
You recall the face, but not the name-Major Donovan had quite the number of lieutenants and other junior officers who would be leading the assaults elsewhere.

Donovan's voice intercedes from site 3:
"That's a negati-[static] We are holding out stretch of coastline, but just barely. [static] carnifexes and other large bio-forms. I repeat, cannot aid. Draco? How are your landing zones? Site 5? Whats your status? Are we unloading heavy equipment?"

Another of his lieutenants break in through the static:
"Site 5 is almost lost. We have casualties in the thousands. My men are being butchered, we've gotta turn back."
"No!" Donovan replies, "We need that to offload heavy stuff on the west side, hold your ground!"
"I cant even hold a beachhead major. This site is lost!"
"We cant retake the city without your flank lieutenant. [Static] Your cowardice has been noted."

There was a brief pause of static, then the junior officer replies, "We will die holding this strip of sand Major, to the last."

Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 Lictor_Ambush_Colored_by_MajesticChicken
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 7:07 am

[At the Cliffs]

"Albrecht, Khol, sit-rep." While Lucius waited to hear back, he started rousing the men and women around him - moving up and down the line, checking on their well being, and giving honor to the bravery with which they fought.

Blessings from Astartes went far beyond commendations to standard humanity. In addition to this, he began issuing orders as well.

"I want vox operators to coordinate with the next site to our west. Provide mortar support to any elements that need it. We may have won the race up here, but your brothers and sisters are still fighting for their lives down there. Dig in and send these abominations back to the abyss."

When the call from Makradon comes through...

"Port team, can you convince the adeptus ministorum forces to begin moving to support the at risk sites near the port? That can serve to aid the guard in securing this area, but keep them tied up while you move on Ironbound."

Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 9:54 am

Cassiel listened to the various reports; to each of them he considered what he would be doing in that situation and what Draco would contribute if he ordered them engaged. Concentration of Force was an important consideration in any battle plan - unnecessarily dividing a strong army into weaker units could render them each too easily overwhelmed. Five major sites was a lot. Of course, dividing forces had advantages - that was why Draco was working in two squads at the moment. It was Donovan's plan, and it would have to succeed or fail on its own merits. Draco had already tipped the balance decisively, and the mission remained paramount.

"What are our options for transportation?" Cassiel huddles with Bleda and Makradon. "And how can we engage Ambrose?"
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 18, 2018 5:37 pm

Hearing his name, Ambrose rotated his torso to face his brothers.

"NO NEED FOR TRANSPORT, I WONT SINK ON LAND. WE CAN CHARGE FORTH WITH THE TREMENDOUS MOMENTUM OF FERRUS MANUS!"
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 1:29 am

"The synapse is dead, we're inbound." Albrecht replied to Lucius as he watched Khol finish it with a shredding shotgun blast. The thing had been no challenge. Stepping out of the hole in the wall Albrecht paid the remaining guardsman no heed as he jetted back to Draco's position.

He had been paying attention to the reports and the battle clearly wasn't won yet so he didn't feel the immediate need that Draco should be seeking out Ironbound, but that objective still trumped everything else as far as the black templar was concerned. He liked Lucius' suggestion but he doubted the Ministorum would acquiesce, he wait in anticipation of the reply.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 11:09 pm

CLIFFS:

The mortar teams start to move out towards the west flank as Lucius had ordered. It would take them a while truding through a ruined city to bring their mortars to bear on the side that's about to rout. But quick decisions needed to be made.

Khol and Albrect find no more evidence of synapse creatures. Khol assists Otho and his men get back to their feet.
He solemnly covers his dead soldeir with a sheet for now. He would be collected later one the area was secure. "Thank you m'lord. That beastie came out of nowhere and tore our ears a new one. he says, not really able to hear at the moment."
One the order is given, Otho and Tally both start moving west towards the soft flank, even as more troops land at the cliff base - unmolested thanks to you.

Serephan tended to his wounds as best as able. His nose was broken but a quick snap set it back into place. The blood began to flow from his nose again, setting his chapter rage aflame.
His diagnosticator informed him that he had several broken bones in his face, but they were already on the mend.

You notice that besides friends who had just died, there are no bodies from the civilian population that was not evacuated. It was a good bet the biomass had already been reclaimed by Dagon.

PORT:

The brentonians consolidate their position while Cassiel ponders your next move. Like the other fronts, there were no remains of the civilian population, they had been reclaimed as biomass to further fuel the hordes.

The area is thick with black smoke from the dozen pyrovores that has led the counterattack.

Already, the barges were unliading men and materiel. Judging by the haste, it seemed priorities had changed.....Tanks were priority now. Heavy Leman Russ tanks muster and head west towards the second landing in squads of three. Many of the chimera's simply turn and head to the struggling beachead directly.
A lieutenant can be seen directing the flow of offloading and himself taking orders.

Off at the easternmost pier, the eccliesiarchy contingent you see the cardinal and his cannoness also splitting their forces into two groups. Impressive  exorcist tanks were already rumbling your way (westward) in preperation to launch an assault into the city. The organ-like tubes slaved by lobotomized loader servitor. While the pulpit of the machine was designed like the organ tubes in a convent. The tank towered over even a relic-contemptor dreadnought.
Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 IMG_0721
It fills the battlefield with a eccliesiarch mantra from the laud hailers.
Zelous, frateris militia with ragtag/scavenged weapons flank them, there was no need for sisters to protect them in a secured area.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2018 12:54 am

[Cliffs]

Albrecht stood like a statue while the guard went about their business, it was at the pause of battle as the adrenaline subsided that he noticed a slight pain in his left thigh - a minor irritation. On inspection he saw that a Termagaunt claw had impaled his leg, with a snort of anger at xeno matter sullying him he tore it out causing the wound to bleed anew. Such wounds could wait Serephans administrations, there were more important matters to attend to, it was time to pray.

"I give thanks to the hatred for my foes instilled upon me.
I give thanks to the righteous fury that guides my blade.
I give thanks to the shield that protects my me.
I give thanks to..."

He prays silently for the ten minutes it takes to complete the prayer of One Hundred Gratitude's.

Once done he approaches Serephan "Brother, I require your aid. My wounds are minor but I would be remiss to not have them seen to. It is our duty to Him to fight in the fullness of our abilities which include steeling our flesh."
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2018 9:15 am

Ambrose, feeling a sudden rush of inspiration, cries out:

"BROTHER MARKADON, I REQUIRE ASSISTANCE! I NEED A RAMP! I SHALL CLIMB ASTRIDE ONE OF THESE CHIMERA SO WE DO NOT LOSE MOMENTUM! WE SHALL SURF THE STEEL WAVE!"
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2018 11:38 pm

Serephan hovers his narthecium over Albrect, checking his vitals and taking radiographs of the templar.

"You woulds are superficial, Brother Templar" he announces after 30 seconds in a short, clipped tone. He obviously wasn't in the mood to talk.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 12:14 pm

[Cliffs]

Lucius continued putting his effort to what could be accomplished now. Finding Ironbound was priority, but that was not currently a realistic objective for the cliff team. From what it sounded like, it was hardly a realistic mission for the port team until the beachhead was secure.

If the Guard were routed then Draco's mission became increasingly desperate. Any fool knew that traveling through friendly territory was more efficient than Tyranid controlled territory.

"Seraphan, see to all of our brothers. Khol, link up the westernmost mortar elements and coordinate their strikes as a spotter. We need to get fire support to the guard units to the west immediately."

It also wasn't lost on him that the port team, particularly Cassiel, had ignored him entirely. He decided to patch through to the ministorum directly.

"Cardinal, this is Lucius Vorenus of Kill Team Draco. I am attempting to coordinate plans of battle where the guard need support most. Do you copy?"

As he spoke, he moved to the various synapse creatures that died here and began collecting samples with his combat blade. He collected enough to take back to the Red Scorpion Apothecary to aid his research. He only reserved personal trophies for the beasts he killed personally.

He also took a small sample of brain tissue from each synapse for consumption. He would hold off on that for now.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 3:35 pm

As the cardnial spoke with the canonness, another sister approached.
"Father priest, there is a summons from you from Brother Lucius Vorenus of kill team Draco."

He stopped to listen, before eyeing the astartes on the pier. As look of annoyance crossed his face, he would much have rather spoke with the Templar, and was equally annoyed that the marine had not approached him directly, or was it that this Lucius Vorenus was in the other group?

"It seems the astartes are not as unified in their purpose as we originally thought. Carry on sister Ephruya, I'll see how many cups of sugar our neighbors need."

The cannoness' stony face did not change expressions, she replied with a curt "Yes, father priest" before carrying out her orders.

Richelieu moves to where he could speak to Lucius via vox. It was a sister Dialogus who had the message for him. Her eyes were covered with goggles, speaker grilles in place of the protective glass that usually occupied the space.
"He is asking to coordinate support for the guardsmen."

He nods and picks up the receiver, "Lucius Vorenus? This is Richelieu, You wish to cooperate with guardsmen efforts? Why not speak to me directly? Im looking at your group from where I stand." he eyes Casiel's bunch suspiciously.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 4:12 pm

"Well met, Cardinal. I hope your voyage across the sea was not too testing. I do not speak to you directly because the best strategy, penned by Primarch Guilliman, called for separate landing zones for the highest chances of success. We are but a handful of Astartes and each one of us is a force multiplier beyond reckoning. That is why you stand on Imperial held ground now and the guardsman around me do the same in our area of operation."

The cardinal's lack of strategic, tactical, and apparently Astartes knowledge was not surprising to Lucius. He decided to keep diplomacy the name of the game, but if the Cardinal needed another lesson in how warfare was conducted he would receive it.

"I voxed you directly because Brother Albrecht is with my team and I assumed you may wish to speak with him at some point."

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 5:04 pm

"So you are on the other side of this landing then? I understand it is you we have to thank for the two areas that are secure. I may wish to speak with Albrect at some point but right now is not a good time for contemplative matters. We are in war now, and it is a spiritual matter we find ourselves in."

"My dialogus tells me you wish to speak of cooperative measures?"
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 6:09 pm

"That is correct. A victory on all fronts is the only victory that can be claimed in the name of the Emperor this day, lest we falter in our duty. For the Emperor, we must work together. United we can wipe away this xenos obscenity. According to my latest battle reports, site 2 needs reinforcements. If they buckle then both the port and site 3's foothold will be compromised. Can you commit your forces to clearing a path and linking up with the Guard units at site 3?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next